PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Explode into gibs

strontiumdog
12-12-2008, 22:07
The recent TF2 update removed some functionality to apparently improve performance. One of the victims was the popular "explode" command where a player could type the command in console and suicide into a pile of gibs. Right now, the player simply dies on the spot as a ragdoll.

With this plugin, it restores the former function of the command.

Installation
Copy sm_tf_explode.smx file to addons/sourcemod/plugins folder
Commands
explode
Turns a player into a pile of gibs....

Configuration
sm_explode_enabled 1
default 1
Allow or disallow players from using this command

Credits
PinkFairie for his code turning ragdolls into gibs

Changelog
v1.0.101
Released.

V1.0.102
Incorporated PinkFairie's great ragdoll code and it works much better!

Antithasys
12-12-2008, 23:48
Nice :)

DontWannaName
12-13-2008, 00:14
It was part of the L4D improvements. L4D doesnt have explode.

DiscoBBQ
12-13-2008, 12:40
Hey man, after about an hour of expiramenting I've figured out how to make people gib.

Here's the code:

//Declare:
decl Ent;
decl Float:ClientOrigin[3];

//Initialize:
Ent = CreateEntityByName("tf_ragdoll");
GetClientAbsOrigin(Client, ClientOrigin);

//Write:
SetEntPropVector(Ent, Prop_Send, "m_vecRagdollOrigin", ClientOrigin);
SetEntProp(Ent, Prop_Send, "m_iPlayerIndex", Client);
SetEntPropVector(Ent, Prop_Send, "m_vecForce", NULL_VECTOR);
SetEntPropVector(Ent, Prop_Send, "m_vecRagdollVelocity", NULL_VECTOR);
SetEntProp(Ent, Prop_Send, "m_bGib", 1);

//Send:
DispatchSpawn(Ent);

You'll also have to remove the "tf_ragdoll" that is created on player death.
And create a timer to remove this ent after like ~15 seconds to keep from edict overflow.

Lebson506th
12-13-2008, 16:13
1. It's not an "issue" so it won't be fixed. They removed it on purpose.
2. This only happens when the player uses the "explode" command.

DontWannaName
12-13-2008, 16:31
It was probably a mistake since they may have forgot about it when they took the L4D engine in.

retsam
12-16-2008, 22:01
Got a question for ya.
If sm_explode_enabled 1 is set to 0, the command can still be run server side right?

Just found out the bad way having sm_explode_enabled 1 allows any public player to do it lol.

Just had a demo submitted showing 4 people blowing themselves up over and over again killing all teammates around them and completely ruining the game.

I didnt know this plugin actually kills surrounding players as well.

I need the /explode command for my RTD plugin so... im hoping sm_explode_enabled 1 just disables public use?

If not, can you please make it an admin only command. Servers with instant respawn, can you just sit in spawn blowing teammates up........

strontiumdog
12-16-2008, 22:05
Make sure the radius is 10 or less.

Also Retsam, check out the Evil Rocket code...

retsam
12-16-2008, 22:13
Its set at default 10 for radius. If you wanna see the demo a user submitted. I can show you. :P
I guess I should put the radius down really low. That would be some type of "fix" I suppose.

Yeah just make it like admin only, then like your rocket plugin, have a cvar you can enable/disable public use.

Instant respawn with this, allows players to sit in spawn and blow themselves and every close teammate respawning up over and over dominating their own team.

Anyways, it would be greatly appreciated!!

strontiumdog
12-16-2008, 23:17
OK.
Updated.

It no longer places an env_explosion as this affects other players. Instead I used PinkFairie's suggested code and it works much better.

Thanks PF!

bl4nk
12-17-2008, 02:20
The explode effect seems to be back in with the latest patch (at least it was on my server with birthday mode enabled). Can anyone else confirm this?

retsam
12-17-2008, 02:47
Serious? Not using this plugin or anything?

Ok wtf, it didnt even say the server was out of date...Yeah I just see theres an update, and it didnt even say anything on the server.

Yes, bl4nk is right. Explode is now back in the game. This script is no longer needed. Although itll be good to have incase valve feels like screwing with stuff again.

strontiumdog
12-17-2008, 09:54
Yup...Bl4nk is correct. Explode is back so there is no further need for this plugin
:D