PDA

View Full Version : Blocking player from ..

netanelbi
11-02-2008, 14:59
i build a simple anti cheat for my server and i need a plugin that blocks players that dont have the program on them. for exemple..
my program is AntiCheat.exe
if someone enter the server and dont have the program turend on the server will kick him and display a reason , that he dont have the anticheat..
ty very much.

CrimsonGT
11-02-2008, 17:36
Sourcemod is only for server side modding. As far as I know this isn't something we can really help you with.

DontWannaName
11-03-2008, 15:30
You cant run an exe from a client or anything, they blocked it since people could download viruses etc. and exec them from source.

Fyren
11-03-2008, 21:37
I'm not totally clear on what's wanted, but I think the original poster just wants to make sure the client is running his external program, not have the server send it and have the client automatically run it.

If this is the case, I think he can use the sockets extension to write a server plugin that would try to communicate with his external program each time a client connects; if it fails, then the client isn't running it. Might be hard to make sure a client isn't faking the communication, though.

Zaubermuffin
11-04-2008, 05:30
It could also be that the client hasn't forwarded the ports. He'd need some kind of masterserver/proxy to be sure that it works 99%.