PDA

View Full Version : Admin Slots f117bomb Style

DoubleTap
04-02-2004, 16:37
Basically there is no real need for the amount of reserved slots so I removed that. Now if you run a 20 person server for example, you start your server with 21 slots. If hide slots is defined in the sma query program will always see a max of 20. Now when an admin connects to a 20/20 (full) server, a player will be kicked due to ping or play time as set in amx_reservation <value>
1 - Kicks the Player with shortest playing time when an admin connects to a full server.
2 - Kick the Player with the highest ping when an admin connects to a full server.

A player will be kicked until there is 21 admins, so all admins with reservations will be allowed to join with no limit on the amount. In a sense with this plugin people wont know that your even reserving slots because if the server is 20/20 it emulates the server full msg.
----
Ported from f117bomb's great AMX plugin :
http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=21737

Pomme
04-02-2004, 16:41
IMHO this plugin should be part of the default AMXX package.

Great and simple! :D

rex
04-03-2004, 17:09
good job DT

xmdxtremekiller
04-03-2004, 17:10
does it reserve by steam id?

RangerFA
04-13-2004, 19:55
Can we customize the reason for kick...

pendragon
04-13-2004, 20:35
hey DT - can you briefly explain why this plugin is mod dependant (i.e. CS)? thank you in advance.

DoubleTap
04-13-2004, 21:13
Not sure what your asking here man. Why did I select CS, because that's what it was tested on :)

#include <amxmodx>
#include <amxmisc>

The CS module is not required... It most likely will work on all platforms but until I know for sure I will leave it listed as a CS plugin :)

Vic/DT

QwertyAccess
04-13-2004, 21:44
i wish steam allowed customized kick messages.
But if im not mistaken you cant join a server when its 20/20 even though its really 20/21 because steam thinks the server is full and doesnt even attempt to join anless you manually connect through the console?

[KORT] IRON
04-13-2004, 21:44
I put it on my 32 person DoD server last night which stays full from 5pm till 1 am usually and had 20 admins connected, so I am sure it is working for DoD.

QwertyAccess
04-13-2004, 21:45
Jeez you have 20 admins connected?
and DoubleTap im pretty sure this works on all mods there isnt a reason why it wouldnt.

DoubleTap
04-13-2004, 21:56
I agree, but now we know DoD and CS for sure :) Connecting thru console is fine... At least it works, that is the same way I had to do it in AMX as well....

Vic/DT

QwertyAccess
04-13-2004, 21:57
DoubleTap i think its safe to say it works on all mods except for these mods . . . . . instead of it works on CS, DOD, we are not sure it works on other mods :X

DoubleTap
04-13-2004, 22:01
But all doesn't have a pretty icon :(

Vic/DT

QwertyAccess
04-13-2004, 22:08
it should soon :D

[KORT] IRON
04-13-2004, 23:22
Servers we will be implementing Amxmodx on by the end of April

CS x2

CZ x1 already on.

DoD x 2 (already on one of them and will put on the other when I am sure enough plug ins are working properly.)

Sven Co-op (game crashes my whole dedicated box, I am not doing something right but just can't put my finger on what that may be yet)

TS (attempts to put this on are futile amxx is just not compatable with it yet.)

QwertyAccess
04-13-2004, 23:27
IRON]Servers we will be implementing Amxmodx on by the end of April

Sven Co-op (game crashes my whole dedicated box, I am not doing something right but just can't put my finger on what that may be yet)
Hehe svencoop crashes alot and serverdoc and things like that cant detect the crash. it can freeze the dedicated box sometimes i have to restart it like every day.

onedamage
04-17-2004, 12:14
got a little question,
i'm running a 18player server, and whenever i try to connect to my server when its full i cant get in (HL steam).
now i saw someone post that you have to manually connect through the console, but there was an amxmod plugin that worked the same way and you could connect through steam, the plugin was called "Slotres", is there a way to make the plugin posted here work like the amxmod plugin ?

DoubleTap
04-17-2004, 12:24
I am not sure... this plugin is working just like it did for AMX... I can port that other one for you if you like... just send me a link... I cannot code so changing anything is left to the guru's :)

Vic/DT

onedamage
04-17-2004, 13:41
hhhmmm i was gonna go search for it on amxmod, but there server is down ? something happen on the other side of the tracks ?

onedamage
04-17-2004, 18:51
heres the link:
http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=21190

but there is only the .amx, no .sma

onedamage
04-19-2004, 08:45
i take it by the little reponse that u can't use the .amx to port it. maybe i'll post on the old forum of amx for the guy to post the .sma

DoubleTap
04-19-2004, 10:19
Nothing can be done without the source .sma file... this plugin works well I am not sure what you need I guess... maybe you can get that guys source.

Vic/DT

onedamage
04-19-2004, 20:03
this plugin with the link works so that when u connect when the server is full it automatically kicks someone while ur connecting (with steam). no manual connecting, which is great, cause i got a few admins on my server that are computer illiterate :?
i posted on the amx site for the guy to post the source.

QwertyAccess
04-22-2004, 19:43
Sven Co-Op is buggy
TS should work fine.

noobsta
04-24-2004, 10:02
sorry, noob question coming up...

in the amxx.cfg, i take it amx_reservation is now used to specify the method for choosing a player to kick if an admin arrives in a "full" server rather than specifying the number of reserved slots?

also, in 16 (+1) player server does that mean there are potentially 16 reserved slots?

thanks^^

DoubleTap
04-24-2004, 14:13
You should ONLY one reserved slot... thats the invisible one allowing admins to slide in.

Vic/DT

Basic
04-27-2004, 12:25
ok 2 questions, the first is n00bish, what does it mean to port a plugin?

Ive heard it a number of times and I can olny figure it to mean something to do with client access. But I have a feeling Im way off.

2nd, if you start your server with 16+1 for ex so really 17 slots, and the server is full, is there a way to have that 17th slot be used to play?

I run a 24 slot server, and I want to set reserved access for all members, but I want to keep my available slots at 24, and I cant run it at 25.

DoubleTap
04-27-2004, 14:41
ok 2 questions, the first is n00bish, what does it mean to port a plugin?

Ive heard it a number of times and I can olny figure it to mean something to do with client access. But I have a feeling Im way off.

2nd, if you start your server with 16+1 for ex so really 17 slots, and the server is full, is there a way to have that 17th slot be used to play?

I run a 24 slot server, and I want to set reserved access for all members, but I want to keep my available slots at 24, and I cant run it at 25.

Porting = converting from AMX to AMXX...

Not with this particular flavor of admin slot reservation... I believe the default plugin will do it, just a different way of going about it.

Vic/DT

Basic
04-27-2004, 15:54
ah, that makes sense then, since I never heard about it on any other forums. What about converting Adminmod scripts to amxx?

I have a snipers only script that I edited from someones TFC script for adminmod and I want to make it so you cant use the scope, for what I call "hunting season"

Snipers only, with no scopes, and I suppose knives too would be ok. It works great except for the old random bug that ignored class limits; that and when you tsay NO SCOPES, and kick one guy to make your point and the next thing you see is a slow aiming sniper.

I think the daminmod sma file is more complicated than the amx ones, so I would think it would be easy to re-write. Or "port."

pendragon
04-28-2004, 12:18
Is the only way for this to work via a console connect or can my admins use desktop shortcuts and or the Steam server gui?

also - is there an .ini file that I am supposed to have filled in all the admins i want to give reserved slots to or is this taken care of via amxx admin rights?

DoubleTap
04-29-2004, 10:34
It uses whatever flags you have set in your users.ini...

I don't have many problems with this, all my admins use a desktop shortcut so they can get on when the server is passworded too. Because folks are too lazy to do that or use their console dont mean this plugin is broke or needs additional functionality. They want to get on the server when it's full, they'll open their console and type +connect twazz.xstreamdata.net:27016 and they are in, bypassing the problem Steam causes (Or use their shortcut).

Vic/DT

pendragon
04-29-2004, 11:28
It uses whatever flags you have set in your users.ini...

I don't have many problems with this, all my admins use a desktop shortcut so they can get on when the server is passworded too. Because folks are too lazy to do that or use their console dont mean this plugin is broke or needs additional functionality. They want to get on the server when it's full, they'll open their console and type +connect twazz.xstreamdata.net:27016 and they are in, bypassing the problem Steam causes (Or use their shortcut).

Vic/DT

so then if i understood you correctly;
-there is no other file that needs to be altered (server side), it uses user's flags.
-Admins can connect via console and via a desktop shortcut but the Steam Servers GUI will not work

---------------------------------------------------------------

my other question now then is why is it that my 32 man pub server reads as a 31 limit server even thouhg i have already set the max_players to 33 in server.cfg?

HLSW:
http://www.me109clan.org/siteimages/other/limits3.jpg

even though:
FireDeamon:
http://www.me109clan.org/siteimages/other/limits2.jpg

and

Server.cfg
http://www.me109clan.org/siteimages/other/limits1.jpg

DoubleTap
04-29-2004, 15:13
I dont have time to give admin 101 lessons... your off topic here man... I will say that what is in your server.cfg dont mean squat since your command line loads 32 slots... 32-1 = 31

jsterling
05-02-2004, 20:20
It seems that the hid_reservedslots function is not working....

DoubleTap
05-02-2004, 23:49
What may be close to accurate is you may have something setup wrong... I have a 21 player server using this plugin... however it shows up as 20 players...

Vic/DT

http://www.twazz.org/server.html

FeuerSturm
05-03-2004, 02:14
heya!

i'm using this plugin and i don't have any problems with it!

it working exactly how it is supposed to!

thanks to the author and the porter/modifier! :mrgreen:

jsterling
05-03-2004, 15:35
LOL, Im a moron.

AMXX was not being executed on startup and I didn't relize it until after my post. Sorry.

DoubleTap
05-04-2004, 10:37
Hehehe.... it happens...

FeuerSturm
05-06-2004, 15:07
heya guys!

i can't get any redirection plugin to work, so
i was wondering whether it's possible to change
this plugin to redirect players instead of saying "Server is Full."?!

i changed

client_cmd(id,"echo ^"Server is Full.^";disconnect")

to

client_cmd(id,"echo ^"Server full, redirecting to secondary Server....^";connect XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX")

but it doesn't work, the players just disappear after they tried to connect.

can anyone help me?

i'm going crazy here about that :(

primary server is full 24/7 and secondary empty most of the time,
that really sucks :(

rasvan
05-09-2004, 03:34
I'll be interested too, when the server is full, the player to be redirected.

Thank you.

Tof
05-09-2004, 07:38
hi
a noob question,
to run this plugin,
i put this line at the end of plugins.ini :
slots_reservation.amx

should i let adminslots.amx activated or not ?
and in amxx.cfg, amx_reservation is set on 0, would i set it on 1 or the plugin slots_reservation does it ?

ps : sorry for my bad english.

rex
05-09-2004, 08:07
:rtfm:
yes you do put
slots_reservation.amx

in your plugin.ini file your right there.

You don't need two slot reservation plugins running at the same time, so you disable adminslots.amx
just and do this in your plugin.ini file

change this
adminslots.amx
to this
;adminslots.amx
or can you delete that line if you want

You will have to change amx_reservation in your amxx.cfg file to the numer of slots you want. it is not done in the plugin.

Tof
05-09-2004, 09:01
thanks
u say RTFM
but that's not explicated in the sma !!

now i know !! thanks (bis)

rex
05-09-2004, 20:01
maybe not in the sma but its in the manual how to install plugins :wink:

VooDooDemOn
05-13-2004, 19:23
another noobish question but i am new to this :)

got every thing install ok running now how do the admin cobbect to the server all set up with steam id in the user.ini please no flaming i need help :)

rex
05-13-2004, 21:22
don't quite get what you are asking mate, you want to know how a admin connets to a server on a reservation slot?
or do you want to know how to set up an admin in your user.ini?

VooDooDemOn
05-13-2004, 21:58
how they connect on a slot please :)
as i think it is all set up

rex
05-14-2004, 00:48
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=1224

VooDooDemOn
05-14-2004, 08:15
so they just connect as normal and it will kicksomeone from the server letting them. sorry for being a noob here i just have it set up as the link and just wondered if there is a something they need to add to thier shortcuts :)

rex
05-14-2004, 11:37
thats right :)
just make sure they have the flag "b" in user.ini

fenris
05-14-2004, 11:50
I am running CS 1.5 server on Fedora linux (glibc 2.3) with WON authentication. Currently I use latest metamod, statsme, adminmod and amxmodx. I also installed this plugin, but I still have problems with connecting to the server when it is full. I keep admins in mysql database and wrote my password via setinfo in the config.cfg file. When server is not full and I connect to it, I recieve all priviliges. But when the serwer is full I can't connect! I also set the amx_reservation to 1... Whats happening?

Could you please help me wit this?

fenRis
Poland

FeuerSturm
05-14-2004, 12:56
I am running CS 1.5 server on Fedora linux (glibc 2.3) with WON authentication. Currently I use latest metamod, statsme, adminmod and amxmodx. I also installed this plugin, but I still have problems with connecting to the server when it is full. I keep admins in mysql database and wrote my password via setinfo in the config.cfg file. When server is not full and I connect to it, I recieve all priviliges. But when the serwer is full I can't connect! I also set the amx_reservation to 1... Whats happening?

Could you please help me wit this?

fenRis
Poland

one post would have done it :P

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=1943

reese
05-16-2004, 23:10
yea i cant get this to work with using the steam gui its keeps saying server is full

21:07:01 Currently loaded modules:
name version author
Counter-Strike 0.16 ST AMX Mod X Dev Team
Fun 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team
CS Stats 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team
ENGINE 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team
4 modules

21:08:18 Currently loaded plugins:
name version author file status
Admin Base 0.16 AMXX Dev Team admin.amx running
Admin Commands 0.16 AMXX Dev Team admincmd.amx running
Admin Help 0.16 AMXX Dev Team adminhelp.amx running
Slots Reservation 0.9.7 f117bomb slots_reservati running
Menus Front-End 0.16 AMXX Dev Team menufront.amx running
Commands Menu 0.16 AMXX Dev Team cmdmenu.amx running
Players Menu 0.16 AMXX Dev Team plmenu.amx running
Restrict Weapons 0.16 AMXX Dev Team restmenu.amx running
Maps Menu 0.16 AMXX Dev Team mapsmenu.amx running
Anti Flood 0.16 AMXX Dev Team antiflood.amx running
Admin Chat 0.16 AMXX Dev Team adminchat.amx running
Admin Votes 0.16 AMXX Dev Team adminvote.amx running
NextMap 0.16 AMXX Dev Team nextmap.amx running
TimeLeft 0.16 AMXX Dev Team timeleft.amx running
Scrolling Message 0.16 AMXX Dev Team scrollmsg.amx running
Info. Messages 0.16 AMXX Dev Team imessage.amx running
Pause Plugins 0.16 AMXX Dev Team pausecfg.amx running
21:08:18 CS Stats 0.16 AMXX Dev Team stats.amx running
CS Stats Logging 0.16 AMXX Dev Team stats_logging.a running
CS Misc. Stats 0.16 AMXX Dev Team miscstats.amx running
Stats Configurati 0.16 AMXX Dev Team statscfg.amx running
Clan Tag Protecti 0.8.5 default clan_tag_protec running
22 plugins, 22 running

if there are ways to make this work please explain in detail ty.

DoubleTap
05-17-2004, 10:31
If you read back... it works with steam fine... the GUI makes it require some manual stuff though... if you get server full message and have reserved access... hit tilde (~) and open console...

connect twazz.xstreamdata.net:27016 (your IP not mine)

Takes but a few seconds and works everytime...

Vic/DT

Schmich
06-02-2004, 11:15
i have a 16 slot server and if i have a reserved slot it makes the playing unbalanced (7 vs 8) so i wondered if i changed the code, change the -1 to +1

set_cvar_num( "sv_visiblemaxplayers" , get_maxplayers() + 1) 0

if it would make so that the admins can still come in if the server is full...the server shows that there are 17 slots, so in other words if 16 players can play and if this "virtual slot" can work as a reserved slot? it might be a noob question but i dno since... + i cant try it since my server hasnt been full yet

thx

Downtown1
06-18-2004, 21:14
Hello, I have a question for you

I set my maxplayers to 33 in the command line when I start up my server (it says "maxplayers set to 32" as soon as I boot it up though). Is there any way to hack it to make max players 33 as you suggested? Just wondering :).

Thanks!

p.s. great plugin, it should be combined with the official :)

pendragon
06-18-2004, 21:42
Hello, I have a question for you

I set my maxplayers to 33 in the command line when I start up my server (it says "maxplayers set to 32" as soon as I boot it up though). Is there any way to hack it to make max players 33 as you suggested? Just wondering :).

Thanks!

p.s. great plugin, it should be combined with the official :)

the max players on hl are allways goign to say 32 and will allways be set to 32.... however by telling the plugin that you have a maxplayer count of 33 you are leaving all your slots avaialble for connect by any players and only using this slots plugin manager to kick a player in your 32 player server based on whatever method you chose in the sma file.

Downtown1
06-18-2004, 22:00
Yes, if I modify the source to display 32 players as my actual player count, then the reservation wouldn't work when the server was full, now would it?

blaah
06-21-2004, 12:26
hm, the slot hiding dont works on my 1.5 server allthougt i didnt comment the "#define HIDE_RESERVEDSLOTS" line.
in HLSW there are 15slots displayed,.. :'(

DoubleTap
06-22-2004, 15:22
Go back thru the steps man, you must have missed a cvar somewhere, this worked fine on my 1.5 server. It will show the proper number in HLSW when it is setup properly.

Vic/DT

Girthesniper
06-22-2004, 15:24
What happend to f337 bomb?

simchiner
07-23-2004, 21:24
Any update on this plug in? Can we now use steam GUI (server browser) to join a reserve slot? Thanks a lot.

FeuerSturm
07-24-2004, 05:08
if you change #define HIDE_RESERVEDSLOTS
to //#define HIDE_RESERVEDSLOTS

one slot is shown as open so you can connect with the normal server
browser.
if you hide the reserved slot, you need to use the console as the
serverbrowser sees it full and doesn't try to connect you.

i don't think that something can be done to the plugin to fix that :wink:

lantz69
07-24-2004, 15:50
heya guys!

i can't get any redirection plugin to work, so
i was wondering whether it's possible to change
this plugin to redirect players instead of saying "Server is Full."?!

i changed

client_cmd(id,"echo ^"Server is Full.^";disconnect")

to

client_cmd(id,"echo ^"Server full, redirecting to secondary Server....^";connect XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX")

but it doesn't work, the players just disappear after they tried to connect.

can anyone help me?

i'm going crazy here about that :(

primary server is full 24/7 and secondary empty most of the time,
that really sucks :(

I know this is long ago you wanted this Firestorm, but I just read it.

Try this:

client_cmd(id, "echo ^"SLOT RESERVATION - SERVER FULL^"; toggleconsole")
client_cmd(id, "echo ^"REDIRECTING TO NEW SERVER"; connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:27015")

I altered that in the SimleSlotsPlugin.
I also added so it get written to a logfile that saves who gets in the server and who gets kicked. If you want that just to let me know.
Hope that helps.

FeuerSturm
07-24-2004, 21:25
thanks, lantz69, but i got it to work with this plugin
a long time ago either :D

simchiner
08-01-2004, 22:40
if you change Small:

#define HIDE_RESERVEDSLOTS

to Small:

//#define HIDE_RESERVEDSLOTS

one slot is shown as open so you can connect with the normal server
browser.
if you hide the reserved slot, you need to use the console as the
serverbrowser sees it full and doesn't try to connect you.

If I run a 32 people server, and I supposed to start the server as 33 people server, will the solution up above still work? If not, any other solution to let player connect thru server browser GUI instead of console?

Thanks

FeuerSturm
08-01-2004, 23:21
i don't think that there's another solution than
either not hiding the reserved slot or letting people connect
via console.

and yeah, if you get HLDS to start as 33 slot, what i am not sure about as there's a limitation on 32 slots, it works like that.

silli
08-27-2004, 17:57
If i don't want to this script to kick players.. what part of the code i should change ?

3xF - | M4573R
08-30-2004, 20:30
umm this plugin just isnt working for me I got a 20 man server I have maxvisible players to 21 and everytime all it says Server is full even for people that have reserves and use console. This plugin worked in amx so i dunno

Rastin
08-31-2004, 00:58
Are there any known crash issues with this plugin? My server has been running for months without any crashes, today I install this plugin and its crashed twice. Are there any known crash issues related to this plugin?

Got_Milk?
09-06-2004, 15:59
We can't seem to get this plugin working. Actually, I don't think it's a problem with the plugin, but we need some help. After adding in a few logging statements to help debug, it seems like the get_user_flags call isn't quite working properly for us for some reason.

Our user.ini is set up correctly, our admins are recognized as admins as proven by other plugins we use, but for some reason the slot reservation flag just doesn't work. Any ideas or more debugging suggestions?

EDIT: Upon further debugging, it appears that the get_user_flags call doesn't retrieve any of the flags at all, not just the slot reservation flag. Does anyone know why this wouldn't work? It seems to work in all the other plugins.

Where does the get_user_flags function retrieve the flags from? I know the docs say use index=0 to retrieve from the server. Is that the default? Where else would it retrieve the flags from? If index=0 then how do we know which user's flags we're getting?

ZodiacMindwarp
09-08-2004, 17:58
I had this plugin running perfect with AMXx 0.16, now I am running the new AMXx 0.20 TP4 and cannot get it to compile. Is there plans for a port on this to the new AMXx 0.20 or can it be ported? Please advise.

Thanks

Blunted1
09-08-2004, 18:00
amxx 0.20 does NOT exist yet.
As amxx 0.20 TP4 is only beta, you will probably find that most plugins will not be updated until amxx 0.20 is stable and released :wink:

ZodiacMindwarp
09-08-2004, 19:02
I realize that AMXx 0.20 is Beta but isn't most all of the plugins/games also? Why would any dev wait until a final release before updating, it would seem as though a Beta on a plugin for a new engine system would be wise it would seem.

Blunted1
09-08-2004, 19:29
I realize that AMXx 0.20 is Beta but isn't most all of the plugins/games also? Why would any dev wait until a final release before updating, it would seem as though a Beta on a plugin for a new engine system would be wise it would seem.

I see where you are comeing from but it depends on your perspective.

Technically amx 0.99 is a beta and in the same light amxx 0.16 is also a beta, but both are the current release from each community.
If that is what you mean by beta, then TP4 would be considered more of an alpha or even a pre-alpha.

Not many people are willing to update a plugin everytime a TP or RC is released.
The main reason being that as you have seen sometimes TP's or RC's can be released within days of each other and can have such large bugs or changes from the last version that plugins would then have to be modified again.
Expecting such support is ludicrous and I am amazed to see how many people forum wide are almost demanding or expecting it.

I am NOT saying it is not possible or that it shouldn't be done... I am saying it is highly unlikely and is not anyones "responsibility" to do so.
TP's and RC's are for testing purposes only and are used to better the final version (amxx 0.20 if/when it does gets released).

To answer your original question a bit clearer, yes it can be ported but that would be almost redundant at this point and will probably not be done until an official release unless the author decides otherwise.

DoubleTap
09-09-2004, 10:50
To answer your original question a bit clearer, yes it can be ported but that would be almost redundant at this point and will probably not be done until an official release unless the author decides otherwise.

Ding ding ding... we got a winner :) They keep reinventing the wheel and I am no coder... when they release 0.20 I will catch up with the changes or have someone update this.

Vic/DT

nighttrain
09-13-2004, 14:52
I rent an 18 player server from Game Daemons. I'd like to use this plugin because it is full 24/7. This may be a huge noob question, but I'll ask anyways because I need help:

Where do I set max_players? I wonder if this is option available to me? I want to set it to 19, but I'm not sure I can being that I rent from GD.

Any help would be appreciated.

/NightTrain

FeuerSturm
09-13-2004, 15:48
you can't set the maxplayers of a rented server, you have to ask
your provider to do it for you.

(some offer 1 extra slot for a very low fee per month)

just ask for it.

Rastin
09-13-2004, 23:35
I rent a 16 man server from game extreme. I simply asked if I could up my total number to 17. What I did was told them of the plugin I was looking at, mentioned that I do pay for a 16 man server. And also mentioned that the 17th slot would not be a playable slot. They gave it to me without charge.

x86
09-15-2004, 10:56
good job :D ,thx

nighttrain
09-15-2004, 22:59
Thanks for the help so far.

I have 1 more question.

I know that there is a "amx_reservation" in the .sma file that you need to set to either 1 or 2 depending on what method you want people to be kicked by. We want people kicked by highest ping so we set it to 2 and then recompiled the .sma.

There is also a "amx_reservation " in the amxx.cfg file. Do I set this to 2 if I want players kicked by highest ping or do I set this to 1 so that only 1 slot is reserved? The reason I ask is that we have it set to 1 and people are being kicked by last to join instead of by highest ping and I am wondering if this si the problem. Do we even need this in the amxx.cfg?

Any help would be much appreciated.

/Night

nighttrain
09-16-2004, 09:18
I actually thought of another question as well.

It seems that admins can be kicked by this plugin. Is it possibel to make it so that if the highest ping is an admin it looks for the next highest ping so that an admin doesn't get kicked to make room for an admin?

/Night

DoubleTap
09-16-2004, 09:26
If an admin has reserved access, ensure he also has immunity... that should do it.

Vic/DT

nighttrain
09-16-2004, 10:05
Thanks for the help so far.

I have 1 more question.

I know that there is a "amx_reservation" in the .sma file that you need to set to either 1 or 2 depending on what method you want people to be kicked by. We want people kicked by highest ping so we set it to 2 and then recompiled the .sma.

There is also a "amx_reservation " in the amxx.cfg file. Do I set this to 2 if I want players kicked by highest ping or do I set this to 1 so that only 1 slot is reserved? The reason I ask is that we have it set to 1 and people are being kicked by last to join instead of by highest ping and I am wondering if this si the problem. Do we even need this in the amxx.cfg?

Any help would be much appreciated.

/Night

Thank you DoubleTap, I'll check that. Can you answer my first question which is quoted right above? I think I may be undoing my "highest ping" method my setting amx_reservations in amxx.cfg to 1. Can you please give me some guidance on that? Should that cvar be set to 2 or should it be eliminated from the amxx.cfg?

/Night

FeuerSturm
09-16-2004, 10:25
you don't have to change anything in the source at all,
set amx_reservation to 2 in your amxx.cfg and people with highest ping will
be kicked.

nighttrain
09-16-2004, 14:17
Thank you.

/Night

Melt284
09-18-2004, 15:34
Win32, cstrike
AMX Mod X 0.20 (20040918 nightly build)

This plugin compiles and runs fine without errors. There is one small problem however.

When an admin joins and a player is kicked (for example "Bob" is kicked) the admin will see "Bob" on the scoreboard until there is a map change. "Bob" will appear to have no ping and only the admin who joins the reserved slot will see this.

jackflack
09-23-2004, 21:19
Hey Double, I started using this and it works so much better then the default slot reservation. I do have one issue and am not sure if its me or the plugin

When someone connects and does not have access to the reserved slot it just drops them back to the cs ingame screen with no reason whatsoever.

public ackSignal(id) {
new lReason[64]
format(lReason,63,"%L",id,"DROPPED_RES")
server_cmd("kick #%d ^"%s^"", get_user_userid(id), lReason )
}

I see 1Reason in the plugin, so is it supposed to call that from somewhere else and I don't have that defined? Or is it not supposed to give a reason?

thanks

-jack

DoubleTap
09-24-2004, 09:42
They probably changed the .inc file call for on of the comands, so you see they last one that tried to execute. If someone wants to convert this before they are done playing with RC's and stuff they can do that. I dont code so I dont want to change this everytime they make hanges.

Vic/DT

Isobold
10-01-2004, 11:38
Plugin does not work for me. It runs properly, but when the server is full, steam won't even let me try to connect :(

Do I have to let the amxx-standartplugin for slotreservation activated?

Isobold
10-11-2004, 12:17
*bump*

Plugin does not work for me. It runs properly, but when the server is full, steam won't even let me try to connect :(

Do I have to let the amxx-standartplugin for slotreservation activated?

DoubleTap
10-14-2004, 09:11
Had you read a bit more of the threads here you'd know that you have to use your console and type connect to bypass the Steam issue. It will work then if installed properly.

Vic/DT

Isobold
10-14-2004, 18:42
Sorry, I read the 3 or 4 first pages, then I stopped...

Would be fine to put this information on the first page into the plugindescription.

nighttrain
11-19-2004, 14:00
I am sorry to keep posting the same message on a number of threads, but we are anxious to use the new 1.0 and want to keep the same plugins we have with 0.16. So here is the question again.

Has this plugin been ported for 1.0? If not, can someone please port thsi plugin for the new amxx. We use this plugin every single day and don't want to lose it.

Thanks,

NightTrain

mICKE
11-19-2004, 14:22
What is the difference between AMXX 1.0 original slot reservator and this plugin?

nighttrain
11-19-2004, 14:37
This one lets you hide a slot from the public and use it to enter a full server. Once in the server, a player is kicked by high ping or last to enter and the hidden slot is freed up again. This is the best plugin for us since we have a full server 24/7.

Someone tell me if this is ported please.

Thanks

mICKE
11-19-2004, 14:48
But the original plugin does also hide a slot.

So the only different is the way it is kicking people?

nighttrain
11-19-2004, 15:19
Well does the default plugin allow an admin in and then move him to a none reserved slot immediately to free up the reserved slot? I am not sure about that.

onedamage
01-10-2005, 20:35
anyone else have this problem;
since last steam update, my admins can connect via the slot reservation as the 21st player, and the slot reservation doesnt kick a regular player to make room

-}NK{-Oj@eKiLLzZz
01-15-2005, 21:25
has this been updated ?

onedamage
01-15-2005, 21:28
to amxx 1.0 ?
it was working for me, untill the last valve update

DoubleTap
01-16-2005, 09:56
Someone that codes can always take this plugin over if they have a fix and can follow it up. I got tired of the constant changes with everything awhile back and took down my server.

If anyone wants to take care of this plugin, please send me an email and I can edit the first message to reflect and ask the dev's to give ownership.

Vic/DT

FeuerSturm
01-16-2005, 10:42
there are some other slot reservation plugins around here,
so you could just try out one of the others.

i.e.:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=7749

P.S.:
sorry, i know that is not really nice of me, but as you don't
develop this further it shouldn't be a big problem, DoubleTap.
if it is, let me know and i'll edit the post.

Morpheus
01-21-2005, 08:50
Hi Firestorm !

Does this work, so confused :)

Cheers

Morpheus

XxKpAznGuyxX
02-13-2005, 11:01
I have a 16 man slot server and I hide admin slots and it removed one of my slots to 15.... anyway to fix this? back to 16?

onedamage
02-13-2005, 12:18
dont hide any slots, the plugin does this byitself

onedamage
02-13-2005, 12:19
i'd still like to know if anyone has any problems with this one, that admins connect via the extra slot but the plugin doesnt kick any players on a team to make room

XxKpAznGuyxX
02-13-2005, 12:59
you need to do that by console... like connect 13213.123.123:281032 like that in console..

FeuerSturm
02-13-2005, 13:18
if it's not kicking players and they remain in game, use another plugin
that works.

as far as i remember some people already complained about it not
working correctly anymore.

onedamage
02-13-2005, 14:01
if it's not kicking players and they remain in game, use another plugin
that works.

as far as i remember some people already complained about it not
working correctly anymore.

yup thats the case, i'll search for another one

Regulator
10-18-2005, 16:21
Have slot_reservation installed and cannot login as admin on full server via HLSW. Altered the .sma to show reserved slot to HLSW, but now the .amxx and compiled .sma will not load to amxmodx. Only the "original" slot_reservation.amxx will load, but that I cannot login thru HLSW as admin.

Someone could fix the .sma file on first page so I can use this plugin, or advise where to find another great slot reservation plugins for my server ??? Anyway I can edit the .amxx directly ?

N:B: Yes I have installed it correct

Regulator

IlyaO
12-22-2005, 13:32
i got server for 20 ppl i want server looked like 16\16 and 4 other slots were for admins, if like 4 admins will decide to connect at SAME time.

new maxplayers = get_maxplayers()
new players = get_playersnum( 4 )
new limit = maxplayers - 4
new resType = get_cvar_num( "amx_reservation" )
new who

is it correct? whats new players and new limit

MueckE
01-26-2006, 11:09
I have a 12 Slot Server (NO ROOT)

I want that 12 Non-Admins can play. When an Admin connects, a Player gets kicked. So that there are still 12/12 Players but only one Admin.
And so on. Everytime an Admin connects a Player gets kicket but the Players are still 12/12 on the Server.

I cant type max_players, its a rented Gameserver - not a root.

So what i have to do?

Where i have to type in what?
Please help me

savage9r
02-25-2006, 02:09
i have had no luck with this or simple_slots.amxx... i'm not too crazy about taking away some slots on the server for admins (via adminslots.amxx). i'd like to think if there aren't any admins around that 20 people could still be able to play on the server.

it doesn't seem that there are a whole lot of reserved slots plugins, but this is the most recent?!

02:11:18 Currently loaded plugins:
name version author file status
Admin Base 1.60 AMXX Dev Team admin.amxx running
Slots Reservation 0.9.7 f117bomb slots_reservati running
Admin Commands 1.60 AMXX Dev Team admincmd.amxx running
Admin Help 1.60 AMXX Dev Team adminhelp.amxx running
Multi-Lingual Sys 1.60 AMXX Dev Team multilingual.am running...
i have all my admins set to "b" in user.ini

i have added "slots_reservation.amxx" in plugins.ini under the "; Admin Base - Always one has to be activated" section

-----------------

going through the pages, i found "adminslots_jtp.amxx" - anyone tried this one?... posts are older where that was located, but it said to make sure amx_reservation was set to 1. is that necessary with slots_reservations.amxx? i thought that was for adminslots.amxx - not sure

my next attempt is to try amx_reservations 1 with slots_reservation.amxx - just have to wait for it to get full again

i can always kick w/HLSW remote to get in, but i'd like the other admins who don't have RCON to be able to join when the server is full. i really like the idea of kicking the person who joined last to make room for an admin.

any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! thanks in advance :D

the_aking
02-25-2006, 09:47
i am a noob in amxx can somone make the slots ivisible?
i dont want the compony say wtf?! we gave you only 16 slots and you got 17.. lol

watch
02-25-2006, 10:54
It wont add slots, it will hide one of your existing ones.

James
10-31-2006, 05:16
I modified this script a little to recognize admins by IP mask, and I have problem.. sometimes connect more users than visible slots. I have 16/16 server (maxusers 17) and works fine, but sometimes is there 17/16 users.

And this situation isnt because admin connected, last users connected to server are normal users :(

17/16 .. why? i think this situation happen when 2 users connect on same time (different by few seconds)... But dont know why? I can send source code if will be anybody who can help me. I dont know if this happen in original script too.

cyds.dAvE
10-31-2006, 16:37
Hello,

How to do this:
Reserved Slots: 6
Maxplayers: 16

Monitoring Server: 10(6)

?

anssik
11-01-2006, 10:48
This is like JTP's adminslots_jtp plugin. Except that it's even better. I think jtp should really release it. You can find it at jtp's CVS.

iggy_bus
12-08-2006, 13:17
One suggestion. I have noticed that when someone get kicked when admin enters, it just disconnects, without any message, only on console, but noobs do not look into console and then come to server forum complaining that "they get kicked for nothing".

Can this be modified so when player gets kicked he also gets a window message showing the reason so they do not have to look into console.

quanmaii
01-03-2007, 14:01
thanksssss alootttttt

Nofius
02-24-2007, 11:48
PLug doesnt work, used it with 19 for starup in my server and it shows 18/18 but when admin join at 18/18 it becomes 19/18 and not kicking ppl at all...

whats could be the problem ???

Nofius
02-26-2007, 13:53
Anyone... why cant ANYONE make a plugin that works that kick ppl from server when admins join... Or is there any Plugin THAT works for that...
Tried 3 different plugin now and no one works

By the way does this plugin works if I got my Admins from AMXBANS ? and not from my user.ini...

Amerika
02-27-2007, 12:37
i had the same problem!

AlexRose
10-27-2007, 18:39
it just doesnt work :(
i cant join the game....the plugin doesnt kick anyone...

later

so I start the server with 2 people ... 2 simple users join the server ...
if i want to join the server as admin it says that server is full! why?

Tartooob
12-04-2007, 09:43
Sadly, not working

wicked911
02-09-2010, 14:01
Plugin not work ... :(

xXxOpOpxXx
03-08-2010, 10:49
I have idea for 32 slots servers
use sv_visiblemaxplayers 33 and make 1 res with this plugin.. :) it should work :P

modernatur
07-22-2011, 14:08
Awesome plugin, rly needed :)