PDA

View Full Version : DoD CloseCombat Source v1.1 (Melee and/or Pistols + Nades Only!) [16th November 2008]

FeuerSturm
10-12-2008, 16:44
Day of Defeat CloseCombat Source

DESCRIPTION:

This plugin will add a little fun to your server, just enableit and all players will be respawned with Knife/Spade and/or
Colt/P38 (depending on your settings).
SmokeGrenades and/or FragGrenades can be added as well!
Amount of clips for the pistols can be set by cvar!
Players can gain health boosts by killing with a melee weapon
or by making headshots with the pistol (configurable!).
Players can be made glow in their team's color
(Green for Allies / Red for Axis)
USAGE:

Plugin CVARs:
// <1/0> = enable/disable displaying a hint message about the CloseCombat setup for spawning players
// -
// Default: "1"
dod_closecombat_announce "1"

// <0/#> = set number of frag grenades to give to each player - 0 to disable fraggrenades!
// -
// Default: "3"
dod_closecombat_fraggrenades "3"

// <1/0> = enable/disable making players glow in their team's color
// -
dod_closecombat_glowplayers "1"

// <#/0> = set amount of health points to add for pistol headshots - 0=disable
// -
// Default: "10"
dod_closecombat_headshotbonushp "10"

// <#/0> = set amount of health points to add for melee kills - 0=disable
// -
// Default: "25"
dod_closecombat_meleebonushp "25"

// <#> = set amount of clips to hand out for the pistol
// -
// Default: "50"
dod_closecombat_pistolclips "50"

// <0/#> = set number of smoke grenades to give to each player - 0 to disable smokegrenades!
// -
// Default: "2"
dod_closecombat_smokegrenades "2"

// <1/0> = enable/disable using sounds for headshots, melee kills and announcement
// -
dod_closecombat_sounds "1"

// <1/2/3/0> = set CloseCombat Weapons - 1=Melee only - 2=Pistols only - 3=Melee & Pistols - 0=disabled!
// -
// Default: "0"
dod_closecombat_source "0"

Screenshots (http://www.dodsourceplugins.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15)

CHANGELOG:

13 October 2008 - Version 1.0
* Initial Release
16 November 2008 - Version 1.1 NEW!
- New Features:
* smoke grenades and/or frag grenades can
be added to players closecombat equipment
as well!
(see new cvars "dod_closecombat_fraggrenades"
and "dod_closecombat_smokegrenades")
* added Multi-Language support!
- Bugfixes:
* fixed players still glowing after disabling
the plugin
* fixed "Client X is not in game" errors
SERVERS RUNNING THIS PLUGIN:
http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=dod_closecombat_version&type=variable

PLEASE NOTE:

You do NOT need to add any of the above CVars to neither your
server.cfg nor to your sourcemod.cfg! The plugins create their
own config files on first startup in the folder
"/orangebox/dod/cfg/dod_closecombat_source/"
on your gameserver! Just edit those files to your needs and you're done!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

DOWNLOAD! (http://www.dodsourceplugins.net/viewforum.php?f=48)
(according to the rules, NO registration is required and the download can be reached within a few clicks! Source and pre-compiled Plugins included!)

For extended Support please be sure to join our
Community and post your feature requests and bug reports there!

FeuerSturm
10-12-2008, 16:44
- reserved for changelogs / announcements - :mrgreen:

monkie
10-13-2008, 22:37
nice work

may keep it for my meele server when i have extra resource :D

monkie
10-14-2008, 04:30
i tried this plugin with my several players on my server, we all appreciate what u've done, while here we have some suggestions:

1) could you add nade amount cvar to permit the usage of grenades;

2) make a vote option to let the admin/op start a close combat initiation vote in case when most of players were bored with normal mode :P and disable some equipment plugins like DoDs Equipment plugin since i'm currently using the later as the equipment setup of my overall situation.
(or u could tell me how to setup such a vote, cause my server resource is limited, i had to put all the funny things on my only one DoD: S Server, and make more fun on one place)

3) also this time, beg u could make the client tips multi-lingual cause most of my players' mother language is not english

forgive me to ask so much, please just consider it since closecombat plugin is just for fun right? :)

FeuerSturm
10-14-2008, 12:21
i tried this plugin with my several players on my server, we all appreciate what u've done, while here we have some suggestions:

1) could you add nade amount cvar to permit the usage of grenades;

2) make a vote option to let the admin/op start a close combat initiation vote in case when most of players were bored with normal mode :P and disable some equipment plugins like DoDs Equipment plugin since i'm currently using the later as the equipment setup of my overall situation.
(or u could tell me how to setup such a vote, cause my server resource is limited, i had to put all the funny things on my only one DoD: S Server, and make more fun on one place)

3) also this time, beg u could make the client tips multi-lingual cause most of my players' mother language is not english

forgive me to ask so much, please just consider it since closecombat plugin is just for fun right? :)

I'll add the 3 things to the next version :wink:

monkman
10-14-2008, 18:08
i follow through on the links and just keep going in circles. can't download it.

******i got it. used internet explorer instead of my isp

monkie
10-14-2008, 20:14
I'll add the 3 things to the next version :wink:
:) that would be nice for server owners of limited resource like me.

for the vote option, i'd like to explain more here:

1. vote to start
start a close combat initiation vote when most of players were bored with normal mode. this vote could be initiated by admin at any time or could be initiated by player when there're enough people to rock it(like rockthevote plugin).

when started, disable some equipment plugins like DoDs Equipment to avoid conflict.(or u could tell how to do this via sourcemod config setup.)

2. for the reverse progress
also allow admin to directly shutdown close combat plugin and allow players to rtv to close the mode, then to return to the normal mode.

also, when normal combat mode back, reenable some plugins like DoDs Equipment to recover the previous overall equipment config.(or could it also be achieved via sourcemod config?)

thanks for your reading :comply:

monkie
10-20-2008, 08:24
hi, sturm
i figured out how to make vote for public players to enable/disable CloseCombat via Custom Votes with no collision with DoDS Equipment plugin(http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72216)

here is my example:
"Votes"
{
"turnccon"
{
"title" "Turn CloseCombat on?"
"type" "confirm"
"votes" "4"
"command" "dod_closecombat_source 3; sm plugins unload dod_equip"
"trigger"
{
"command" "voteccon"
"notice" "%u wants to turn on CloseCombat."
"percent" "60"
"count" "4"
}
}
"turnccoff"
{
"title" "Turn CloseCombat off?"
"type" "confirm"
"votes" "4"
"command" "dod_closecombat_source 0; sm plugins load dod_equip"
"trigger"
{
"command" "voteccoff"
"notice" "%u wants to turn off CloseCombat."
"percent" "60"
"count" "4"
}
}
}
hope this would be helpful to some server admins like me. :)

now i am only hoping u could add grenade support and multi-lingual interface when u have time. :P

FeuerSturm
10-26-2008, 06:53
If anyone is interested in a *BETA* version of this plugin which
includes multilanguage support, ability to allow grenades (+ amount) and some minor fixes, you
can contact me for beta testing!

monkie
10-26-2008, 07:21
If anyone is interested in a *BETA* version of this plugin which
includes multilanguage support, ability to allow grenades (+ amount) and some minor fixes, you
can contact me for beta testing!
hi, sturm, PM has been sent to u on community.dodsourceplugins.net :)

FeuerSturm
11-16-2008, 14:19
CHANGELOG:

16 November 2008 - Version 1.1 NEW!
- New Features:
* smoke grenades and/or frag grenades can be added to players closecombat equipment as well! (see new cvars "dod_closecombat_fraggrenades" and "dod_closecombat_smokegrenades")
* added Multi-Language support!
- Bugfixes:
* fixed players still glowing after disabling the plugin
* fixed "Client X is not in game" errors

laorui304
12-02-2008, 05:11
I'd like to advise that when player kill an enemy he can choose to get some HP or to add some ammo.And all player can vote to turn closecombat on and off when no OP in the game.I think that will be more funny.THX

Faust_mateo
04-20-2009, 10:53
hi, sturm
i figured out how to make vote for public players to enable/disable CloseCombat via Custom Votes with no collision with DoDS Equipment plugin(http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72216)

here is my example:
"Votes"
{
"turnccon"
{
"title" "Turn CloseCombat on?"
"type" "confirm"
"votes" "4"
"command" "dod_closecombat_source 3; sm plugins unload dod_equip"
"trigger"
{
"command" "voteccon"
"notice" "%u wants to turn on CloseCombat."
"percent" "60"
"count" "4"
}
}
"turnccoff"
{
"title" "Turn CloseCombat off?"
"type" "confirm"
"votes" "4"
"command" "dod_closecombat_source 0; sm plugins load dod_equip"
"trigger"
{
"command" "voteccoff"
"notice" "%u wants to turn off CloseCombat."
"percent" "60"
"count" "4"
}
}
}hope this would be helpful to some server admins like me. :)

now i am only hoping u could add grenade support and multi-lingual interface when u have time. :P

Is there anyway to enable a vote to use this plugin withe out using the customvote plugin?

Dog_Pound
08-14-2009, 08:29
This plugin is crashing our windows dods server on startup (getting an assert file with the dump) with the latest snapshot that was released this morning. Doesn't seem to be a snapshot issue as our other dods servers are running fine but this plugin, dods_gungame and eventscripts all seem to crash servers now (might be a link to an event that changed?). Since the server won't start there is no error log to share, sorry.

SuperTaupe
07-12-2012, 03:51
Can't find any download source for these plugin. :cry: But it'll be very usefull for our realism server.

lhffan
10-23-2012, 16:50
http://dodsplugins.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28

micmacx
09-30-2023, 21:57
http://dodsplugins.mtxserv.fr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=52