PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft3

DopeFish
04-01-2004, 04:10
New Version that is compatible with AMXx 1.0: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=15345

The plugin was rewritten use all amxmodx functions directly while still being backwards compatible to amxmod. If it is compiled for/with amxmodx, it uses the engine/fun/cstrike/amxmodx functions from amxmodx directly, no ugly workarounds. Additions to this plugin will first support amxmodx, backward support for amxmod will be added later (if possible).

The documentation was rewritten to include installation instructions for AmxmodX.

Features:
I'm not going to post the whole changelog (http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/src/changelog.txt?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup), these are just the main features since Spacedudes 2.20:

All modifications based on the 2.20 source, not the unstable 2.21.
MySQL Support from Mr. B
many bugfixes
main configuration is done by changing pre compilation directives in the warcraft3.cfg (this makes updating easier) and recompiling the code. The default .amxx in the download is for non-mysql shortterm servers
calculation of invisibility changed a bit
weapon reincarnation fixed
extended war3menu
Necklace works against Ork Grenades (optional)
more XP for mission objectives
no XP given if less than 4 players on server (number can be changed)
new optional human ultimate: blink. Teleport to where you are looking at if no enemy with necklace is in the vacinity
new race: blood elf
sound/icon when ultimate is ready
shopmenu can be restricted to buyzone
webstats and ingame stats for players
icon above head of teammates showing their race
vault saving implemented (fast)
pruning of old entries for vault
changeable starting level for new players
stable and fast
Get money back for item if you already have one and buy a new one
Armour reincarantion bug fixed
Ability to save XP via IP
Option to have dead players drop their item (just as they drop their weapon)
Players can manualy drop their item with the command "dropitem"
Multilanguage: support for English, German and French

Known Problems

On some servers you get too much XP for planting or defusing the bomb.

Support

If you have questions or suggestions you can post them here or in the official Support Forums (http://www.insanejustice.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21) at insanejustice.com

Downloads

Version 2.5.0 (http://puric.inka.de/dopefish/warcraft3_2.5.0.zip)

nightly CVS build (http://puric.inka.de/dopefish/warcraft3_latest.zip) <- this version is the most current that you can get. It's updated daily and works both with amx and amxx. But beware, even though we try our best, it may not always be stable. If you want a feature that we coded but hasn't made it into a "stable" version yet, then try this one. This is also the version for any beta-testers out there, but beware, you should know how to compile the .sma if you want to test strange combinations.

DopeFish
04-01-2004, 04:17
New Menu system: leaves more room for new menus/commands. A fourth menu is being worked on with admin commands.
http://dopefish.de/projects/warcraft3/wc3menu.jpg

xeroblood
04-01-2004, 06:26
:D Good job!

One question: if I wanted to remove XP from ppl who Swear (using my Swear Filter Plugin), what command can I issue from console, or if no console command, what function should I call from your code??

maybe like: change_xp <id> <xp>
or something?? Kinda like Pimp Daddy's?

I basically want to remove XP as a form of Swear Punishment!!

I have support for Pimp Daddy's WC3FT, but I wanna support this one too!!

pr0*killa
04-01-2004, 06:34
I like it! Does SpaceDude make wc3 or he isn't making any more?

DopeFish
04-01-2004, 08:08
@xeroblood, yes, there is already a function in the wc3 code for other plugins to change XP. the syntax is "wc3_changexp <id> <xp>" just use a negative value to decrease XP.
Due to "security" reasons it is disabled by default. Admins have to enable it in the warcraft3.cfg by setting XP_CHANGEABLE_OUTSIDE to 1

@pr0*killa
SpaceDude hasn't been working on Warcraft3 for almost a year now. Although he is welcomed to take over the coding again, he was always full of great ideas.

pr0*killa
04-01-2004, 08:09
thanks for the information!!!

xeroblood
04-01-2004, 08:48
:D Thx DopeFish! Just what I was looking for!

Geesu
04-01-2004, 09:12
Nice work on the menu system, it kicks ass.

DoubleTap
04-01-2004, 09:36
Glad to see you get it posted up here Dopefish... you know I have been running this for AMXX over 24 hours straight at this point without any issues. All my users have their XP from before and are happy... Actually, they didn't even know I officially moved to Mod X because the only time they had their XP before was when I switched back to AMX :)

Vic/DT

Geesu
04-01-2004, 11:25
Dopefish have u tested this on CZ? I can run it on our 4HM cz server for a while if you don't have access to one.

SniperBeamer
04-01-2004, 11:38
please don't use amxmod.inc

Geesu
04-01-2004, 12:10
You guys should just remove it from amxx so people stop using it

Nexus
04-01-2004, 12:31
hm i changed the settings in the warcraft3.cfg to save the exp into a mysql database. I compiled it on my Suse Linux System without problems.

But now if some plants a bomb he will get over 11000 exp lol

did i something wrong ?

DoubleTap
04-01-2004, 12:44
That is a known issue we have seen on the IJ forums where this plugin is supported:

http://www.insanejustice.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

I am trying to get as much info as possible on this bug... I recommend you change your warcraft3.cfg settings to remove that XP reward for now unless you dont mind editing you database to remove the XP later :)

Vic/DT

Any other bugs you find that haven't been shown on IJ please let us know there as we want this as good as possible and Dopefish has been making changes. Use the Daily CVS build if you are familiar with WC3/AMXX... If not, use the last official release HERE for best results.

BigBaller
04-01-2004, 12:48
You guys should just remove it from amxx so people stop using it

They dont because they want backwards compbatilty with people that wish it recompile their plugins and use them on thier AMXX server personally (not releasing them on forums).

rACEmic
04-01-2004, 19:59
The reincarnation bug is the only thing preventing me from using AMXX on my server....

DoubleTap
04-01-2004, 20:02
rACEmic, the teleporting bug doesn't exist for me... only reincarnation bug is the weaapons are thrown in ground in front of you... but it's working...

Vic/DT

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 03:34
then give us a better way to detect if the plugin is being compiled for amx or amxx without having to code two versions of a plugin (like the possibility to check for files before we include them). I only include amxmod.inc to check if amxmodx is included (as stated in the code). I can't include amxmodx or else the plugin will break when amxmod users try to compile it.

the only workaround I know of would be to add a amxmodx.sma to the include/ directory. amxmod users would automatically use the amxmodx.sma since they have no amxmodx.inc, and amxmodx users would use the original amxmodx.inc since it is polled first.

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 03:35
The reincarnation bug is the only thing preventing me from using AMXX on my server....
me too... I can't use any plugins that use get_user_weapons() on my amxx server. I hope the amxx team gets that fixed soon.

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 03:40
Dopefish have u tested this on CZ? I can run it on our 4HM cz server for a while if you don't have access to one.
that would be great, I don't have any cz servers here.

BigBaller
04-02-2004, 03:59
then give us a better way to detect if the plugin is being compiled for amx or amxx without having to code two versions of a plugin (like the possibility to check for files before we include them). I only include amxmod.inc to check if amxmodx is included (as stated in the code). I can't include amxmodx or else the plugin will break when amxmod users try to compile it.

This is AMXX Plugin Forum tho, so basically you have to create a AMXX version and a AMX version.

P.S what is the .amxx file for? AMXX uses the same .amx as AMX MOD and Adminmod.

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 04:06
This is AMXX Plugin Forum tho, so basically you have to create a AMXX version and a AMX version.
thats stupid to maintain 2 versions of a plugin that has over 10000 lines of code that only differ by one line of code.

P.S what is the .amxx file for? AMXX uses the same .amx as AMX MOD and Adminmod.

it's the compiled amxmodx version. AMXX doesn't care what the files are called, just like amx or adminmod. amx is only the standard extension for the compiled version of "small" files.

BigBaller
04-02-2004, 04:22
thats stupid to maintain 2 versions of a plugin that has over 10000 lines of code that only differ by one line of code.

Heh? Beamers rules tho, so I cant really do anything =\ tho I do like the #if define _amxmodx_ deal, that is a very smart for backwards compatiblity.

AssKicR
04-02-2004, 04:25
:D
Can you add like a command to give/take xp =/
:D

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 05:05
@xeroblood, yes, there is already a function in the wc3 code for other plugins to change XP. the syntax is "wc3_changexp <id> <xp>" just use a negative value to decrease XP.
Due to "security" reasons it is disabled by default. Admins have to enable it in the warcraft3.cfg by setting XP_CHANGEABLE_OUTSIDE to 1

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 06:53
the only workaround I know of would be to add a amxmodx.sma to the include/ directory. amxmod users would automatically use the amxmodx.sma since they have no amxmodx.inc, and amxmodx users would use the original amxmodx.inc since it is polled first.

*sigh* added amxmodx.sma to the include dir and changed the main #include from <amxmod> to <amxmodx>

updated documentation

DoubleTap
04-02-2004, 09:50
me too... I can't use any plugins that use get_user_weapons() on my amxx server. I hope the amxx team gets that fixed soon.

Any idea why it's acting differently for me than for you guys ? Your still having the teleport to hell issues ? I am running all the base modules if that helps, is it possibly a setting you guys are using that I have disabled ?

Vic/DT

P.S. Any changes to the .sma other than cosmetic to make the AMXX code nazi's happy ?

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 10:46
Any idea why it's acting differently for me than for you guys ?
amxx :roll:

DoubleTap
04-02-2004, 11:32
What ya mean, I have made the total conversion to AMXX on my server... and it's working fine for me, just throwing reincarnated weapons on the ground in front of the player... he can pick them up and use them...

Vic/DT

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 13:27
I doubt you are running a debian stable glibc 2.2 linux.

DoubleTap
04-02-2004, 13:31
LOL, have had the server over two years still have to look at a text document for the specs :)

2.0GHz Pentium-4
1GB DDR Ram
Redhat 7.2

Vic/DT

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 18:25
*sigh* added amxmodx.sma to the include dir and changed the main #include from <amxmod> to <amxmodx>

just fixed a typo in the version this afternoon, forgot to include fun

Geesu
04-02-2004, 18:39
It crashes in my CZ server.... :( Still looking into it...

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 18:50
ah I feared that somthing like that would happen. Probably set/gets certain values that are simply different in cz....

Geesu
04-02-2004, 18:56
No its because I'm a douchebag and forgot about the sprites. I'll try it again when the server isn't full.

DopeFish
04-03-2004, 03:51
On some servers amxmodx delivers faulty data during weapon reincarantion. this can lead to players getting stuck under the map.

Error fixed, thanks to PM for the help.

Loacoon
04-03-2004, 22:43
Hi,

I'm running a Win32 server (Metamodx and AMXX, too much problems with AMX :? ) and I have exactly the same bugs as DoubleTap for the weapon reincarnation an the reliable overflow. But I have another bug with the war3menu, it's just not working... the menu is appearing but nothing is happening when I choose an option. If someone could help me.....

I'm French so I hope my English is not too bad,

BYE!

DoubleTap
04-04-2004, 21:41
As far as your menu, is it all menu items you say don't function or MAYBE just changerace.... CHANGERACE may only occur during FREEZETIME or when dead... on my server it's standard to pick race first and most folks know that.

I believe I have part of the bug with the other error... verify whether it ONLY happens to Blood Elves... that is the only race that has the overflow messages for me.

Vic/DT

Loacoon
04-04-2004, 22:01
No, not just changerace, all the menu items, I didn't found what is the problem yet...

About the overflow message, I verified and you're right, it only happens when I'm Blood Elf.

icu5545
04-04-2004, 22:41
The sma won't compile for me. I'm more than likely just doing something fal-out wrong but... I get the error message:

warcraft3.sma(59) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "warcraft3.cfg"

Any ideas?

Loacoon
04-04-2004, 22:48
Yep, you have to place the warcraft3.cfg file in your scripting directory before compiling warcraft3.sma.

rACEmic
04-05-2004, 00:54
Updated on-the-fly compilation, with AMXX support, can be found at www.t3houston.com/war3 (http://www.t3houston.com/war3), if you are having problems compiling it yourself. If you still get errors with this system, post them here, as they may be a problem with the War3 code.

Loacoon
04-05-2004, 01:20
For the menu problem, I forgot to say that I'm using the french version, and when I'm compiling the sma file, I have this warning:
warcraft3.sma(5528) : warning 217: loose indentation

I'll test the menu with another language, it can be a problem with the French version...

DopeFish
04-05-2004, 08:48
I verified and you're right, it only happens when I'm Blood Elf.

OK, I'll try to check everything that bloodelves do / that can happen to blood elves.
If anyone wants to help: try to find out what happens when you get booted (e.g. using ultimate, getting shot, shooting someone,....)

I'll check the french menus when I get home tonight. might be something I overlooked when building them. (Menus are a real pain)

DoubleTap
04-05-2004, 09:06
I added the line : #pragma dynamic 131072 to the .sma as rACEmic suggested and will check on that. For me and others... you could select BE at the beginning of the round, but as soon as next round start you'd get kicked with the overflow error. Same if selecting BE before joining... then selecting team... before you join the game at round restart it kicks you.

Vic/DT

DopeFish
04-05-2004, 09:25
ah, just found the posting from bailopan about the prob. makes sense. will also test it out.

DoubleTap
04-05-2004, 12:23
[EDIT]
Do NOT use the latest CVS until the BE crashbug (Linux tested) has been fixed, use version 2.5.0 !!! Reliable Channel Overflow kicking users selecting Blood Elf is better than server crash :shock:

Once my host gets things settled I will give you a better test of the Ultimates and such DF... My maps and files server as well as the SQL host keep crashing and that is pulling the server down... the host is trying to figure out what he did wrong Spent the whole weekend working the Monsters plugin hard so I would have more info to provide others for setup and such if asked so I didn't change my WC3 settings. (But Monsters was a raging success)...

I will throw together a config where everyone starts at level 10 and see what I can break... I am not sure if the "reliable channel overflow" issue was all that was fixed by adding that line, or if those other three errors may also be fixed... I dont know what the errors mean... other than BE/RCE errors things are running well.

Vic/DT

I am still hoping they tackle the HE grenades issue soon, I have removed any map that has grenades on the ground and disabled buying them because they have been crashing the server... Orc, normal or NO WC3... HE grenades may crash me...

DopeFish
04-05-2004, 13:21
seems fiddling with pragma dynamic wasn't such a good idea after all ;) I still wonder why amxx doesn't take care of that and just dynamically adjust the size since the abstract engine supports it.

Geesu
04-07-2004, 17:09
I added the line : #pragma dynamic 131072 to the .sma

What does this do ?

rACEmic
04-08-2004, 08:01
http://www.tcwonline.org/~amxmodx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=614

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
04-16-2004, 12:44
Very, very good jop you guys! :D :D :D

PM
04-16-2004, 13:23
seems fiddling with pragma dynamic wasn't such a good idea after all ;) I still wonder why amxx doesn't take care of that and just dynamically adjust the size since the abstract engine supports it.

I will look into this

3xF - | M4573R
04-26-2004, 19:20

@pr0*killa
SpaceDude hasn't been working on Warcraft3 for almost a year now. Although he is welcomed to take over the coding again, he was always full of great ideas.

I can't get this to change xp It says unknown command Please Help?

Br34k0r
04-27-2004, 02:04
I have a dumb question:
Is the Warcraft3 plugin compatible with Counter-Strike 1.5??
Cause everytime I try to start my CS-1.5-dedicated-Server I get this error:

Plugin 'war3_222_ms.dll' already in current list; file=war3_222_ms.dll desc='Message Blocker'
[AMXX]Couldn't find "AMX_Query" (file "cstrike\addons\amxx\modules\war3_222_ms.dll")
[AMXX Make sure that modules are compatible with AMX Mod X 0.16
[AMXX] Please fix the problem then start the server again

to prevent any questions: war3_222_ms.dll is in the "cstrike\addons\amxx\modules"-folder

DopeFish
04-27-2004, 03:48
@3xF - | M4573R
per default this option is disabled, you have to enable it in your warcraft3.cfg and recompile the plugin.

@Br34k0r
the installation file states that for amxx you don't need the warcraft or the vexd module since all needed functions are already in the default amxx modules (cstrike and engine)

Br34k0r
04-27-2004, 18:38
thx, it now works, but it doesn't want to start in long term XP mode...
and it seems not to load the warcraft3.cfg ... i honestly don't really know, where I have to place it, directly in the amxx folder or in the amxx\configs folder...
but I have both and it doesn't load one of them, cause it always starts in short-term-XP-mode, although I told it to start in long-term...
and it doesn't save XP although I have the cvar (mp_savexp 1) activated...

rACEmic
04-28-2004, 05:56
The warcraft3.cfg is used in compilation only; it is not needed once you have the .amx file.

Keep it in the same directory as the SMA when you compile. Once you have the .amx file you just use that.

The on-the-fly compiler has been updated for AMXX and can be used here (http://www.t3houston.com/war3/index.php).

Geesu
04-28-2004, 10:45
The warcraft3.cfg is used in compilation only; it is not needed once you have the .amx file.

Keep it in the same directory as the SMA when you compile. Once you have the .amx file you just use that.

The on-the-fly compiler has been updated for AMXX and can be used here (http://www.t3houston.com/war3/index.php).

Wow that kicks ass, who made that?

rACEmic
04-29-2004, 04:38
Me. :D

It pulls the latest copies of the war3 SMA and CFG from the CVS. Then it parses the CFG file to provide the compile options in a user-friendly manner.

BigBaller
04-29-2004, 04:51
Me. :D

It pulls the latest copies of the war3 SMA and CFG from the CVS. Then it parses the CFG file to provide the compile options in a user-friendly manner.

Well using the AMXX Part of your compiler you just might want to move a option or something such as

WC3_MODULE Set this to 1 to use the war3 module, leave at 0 to use the vexd module
SHORT_TERM Set this to 0 for long-term XP, and 1 for short-term XP. Configuration if the server is Steam or non-Steam is taken from the AMX setting in include/amxconst.inc now.

In AMXX thier is no such thing as either module, so you should for the AMXX part of this setup change that to something like You must set this to one because AMXX uses the ENGINE Module for Warcraft 3 Mod

Or something I dont know, just being creative.

rACEmic
04-29-2004, 05:26
Yeah that's true, but it needs to be changed in the warcraft.cfg file from the CVS, because the compiler doesn't have any descriptions or options hard-coded; it's all generated from the CFG file.

I believe War3 just ignores the WC3_MODULE setting if you're using AMXX, so it shouldn't make any difference.

3xF - | M4573R
04-29-2004, 07:56
@3xF - | M4573R
per default this option is disabled, you have to enable it in your warcraft3.cfg and recompile the plugin.

@Br34k0r
the installation file states that for amxx you don't need the warcraft or the vexd module since all needed functions are already in the default amxx modules (cstrike and engine)

I did recompile the plugin and enabled the xp changeable outside. It still doesnt work. Is the change xp only for the nightly build cause I downloaded 2.5.0 not the nghtly build?

DoubleTap
04-29-2004, 10:41
Why do you feel a need to give/take XP ? What you want really has nothing to do with the WC3 plugin. FFS, if you edit your database you can do the same thing...

Vic/DT

3xF - | M4573R
04-29-2004, 16:26
Why do you feel a need to give/take XP ? What you want really has nothing to do with the WC3 plugin. FFS, if you edit your database you can do the same thing...

Vic/DT

Well our server is CD and I would like to have it an option to talk away XP unless they get CD after a while. Also I use Vault cause I can't get SQL to work right.

DopeFish
04-29-2004, 20:06
it has been in there for ages. other people have no problems using it. you must be doing something wrong

Br34k0r
04-30-2004, 06:01
yeah, thx it works correctly now, I had the war3_222_ms.dll loaded seperately by modules.ini, I took that entry away, now it works...
thx 4 help

[vito] ASS |2APE|2 |PSK|
05-01-2004, 14:26
the file didnt come with a sma file

DopeFish
05-03-2004, 09:03
of course it came with the .sma file.

DoubleTap
05-03-2004, 10:38
yeah, thx it works correctly now, I had the war3_222_ms.dll loaded seperately by modules.ini, I took that entry away, now it works...
thx 4 help

Funny how everyone says "it now works" or "nevermind I fixed it" when it was never broke as you can see by ALL the previous posts. RTFM gang... there is much to initially get right and then simple recompiles of updates with your warcraft3.cfg...

Glad you got your setup configured properly now, there is NO war3.dll or .so with Mod X :) It was even replaced for the most part in AMX with the Vexd module.

Vic/DT

Merril
05-04-2004, 18:20
warcraft3.sma(4990) : error 017: undefined symbol "set_user_money"
warcraft3.sma(5013) : error 017: undefined symbol "set_user_money"
warcraft3.sma(5070) : error 017: undefined symbol "set_user_money"
warcraft3.sma(7605) : error 017: undefined symbol "get_user_wonid"
warcraft3.sma(7606) : error 017: undefined symbol "get_user_wonid"
warcraft3.sma(8034) : error 017: undefined symbol "get_user_wonid"
warcraft3.sma(8035) : error 017: undefined symbol "get_user_wonid"
warcraft3.sma(8212) : error 017: undefined symbol "get_user_wonid"
warcraft3.sma(8213) : error 017: undefined symbol "get_user_wonid"

longtermxp
freebsd

is this caused by having the wrong includes?

DoubleTap
05-04-2004, 20:31
Why anyone codes for 1.5 I dont know, but they are... I can tell ya how ya might fix it, but not sure of your results man. ARE YOU RUNNING THE CS MODULE ?

Change all those references (I am fairly sure your not using the proper version of WC3 though) to cs_get_user_money (Check the .inc files to find the wonid reference it aint in the cstrike.inc) cs_get_user_wonid... that should help you compile it... though something still dont seem right...

Vic/DT

Merril
05-04-2004, 23:22
i downloaded the zip from the original post
no where in the thread does it say this is a non 1.5 compatible plugin

cs1.5
[ 1] CS Stats amx&mm 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 2] Counter-Strike amx&mm 0.16 WO AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 3] ENGINE amx&mm 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 4] Fun amx&mm 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team running

do i need to replace the includes that came with amxx with the ones in the zip on the original post?
because the directions were kinda mismatched there
so i tried with both includes and both gave same errors

Br34k0r
05-05-2004, 01:56
Why anyone codes for 1.5 I dont know, but they are...

There are some People that have a PC, wich is not fast enough to run STEAM!!
There are some people that have a Modem/ISDN and don't want to download this shit for 5 or more hours!!
Besides CS 1.5 is better for LANS than this STEAM-shit!
greetings...

DopeFish
05-05-2004, 07:49
@Br34k0r
go wash your mouth out with soap and be grateful I don't have mod rights here.

@Merril
set/get_user_money was fixed a while back, should not exist in the nightly build. I fixed the problem, download the latest version.
This kind of stuff happens since amxx changes the include files with each release.

>> do i need to replace the includes that came with amxx with the ones in the zip on the original post?
there are no includes in the download that are also in amxmodx. so there is nothing that you could have replaced (actually there isn't even a /includes/ directory for the amxx version, seems you are mixing amx and amxx)

Another problem is that amxmodx doesn't have full support for 1.5. It's not that the plugin developers don't want to support 1.5 (well sometimes we don't since it's a pain maintaining multiple versions), the problem is that they can't always support 1.5 without breaking the rules for posting plugins here. get_user_wonid does not exist for amxmodx (although this also depends on which version of amxmodx you have, or when you downloaded it, amxx shouldn't distribute different versions of .inc files). I'll have to load the amxmod inc files into the amxmodx version to get it working again.
Which violates the plugin rules since only plugins are allowed that use native amxmodx functions and not amxmod functions.

Merril
05-05-2004, 10:13
heh i personally use steam but I host this server for my friends who are indeed 56k, there choice is of no concern its 1.5 and will be

its the latest version of amxx 0.16 won http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/amxmodx/amxmodx-0.16-won.tar.gz?download

but back to the includes, the zip that i got wc3 from in the first post of this thread had an examples folder with the .sma .cfg and then an includes folder with a .sma and three includes, it did not specify if these were for use with the amx compiling tool or the amxx. But your saying that the nightly build is stable enough for me to try?

DopeFish
05-05-2004, 14:30
yeah, 99% of the time the nightly build is stable enough to use on servers. The other 1% of the time one person or another notices it pretty quick, whacks me upside the head and tells me to fix it ;) *gg*

Merril
05-06-2004, 01:54
yea that was much better, no problems what so ever. I just always go for the milestone releases. maybe you should update the original zip files with a later one?

DoubleTap
05-06-2004, 11:15
You miss the point on the CVS version :) It will be changed in the original post once it has progressed to the next revision number... the CVS build is what gets us there by Dopefish tinkering along the way 8)

Vic/DT

RAW_OmarBKhatab
05-08-2004, 06:55
hm i changed the settings in the warcraft3.cfg to save the exp into a mysql database. I compiled it on my Suse Linux System without problems.

But now if some plants a bomb he will get over 11000 exp lol

did i something wrong ?

This is the now my #1 problem with amxx+war3.

I will make the switch once this has been addressed.

DoubleTap
05-08-2004, 11:36
None of that crap should be in WC3 anyhow IMHO... they could take all the stuff out and not be missed by most of the community... but it's there now and has been for awhile... You can change the settings yo get around most of that and not see the problem.

Vic/DT

Merril
05-08-2004, 17:46
it seems that whenever an orc uses a nade of anytype he, fb or sg the server halts. It does this for only this race. I tried disabling the orcnade feautre but it still crashes.
1.5cs
.16amxx for won
freebsd
running
[ 2] Counter-Strike amx&mm 0.16 WO AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 3] ENGINE amx&mm 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 4] Fun amx&mm 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team running

DoubleTap
05-08-2004, 19:35
HE grenades, Orc or otherwise are a known problem with AMXX which they have yet to fix... it's the main reason why I went back to AMX.

Vic/DT

FroXeN
05-09-2004, 01:09
i have it on my server and man its very nice

NinjaMcNugget
05-10-2004, 09:54
fun as hell, running on a cz listen server. few issues though, if some skills are chosen at level up, it causes a reliable overflow and the user is booted. thus far it only happens with blood elf skills and....and....i forgot. crimson armor i think.

DoubleTap
05-10-2004, 10:37
BE - Crimson armor is a known bug caused by AMXX...

DopeFish
05-10-2004, 11:25
I just may get around to debugging that crap tonight.

DopeFish
05-10-2004, 16:01
amxmodx is one funny piece of $§%& ;)

some things I learned today:
- using a #pragma dynamic value larger than 32786 is a "Bad Idea"
- give_item() seems to be really messed up, it's what was eating up memory and causing the clients to crash (or the server if you reserve enough memory so that clients don't crash)

Pseudo fix released, downlaod the nightly build. crimson armor may be really ugly now, but it won't crash the client.

Merril
05-10-2004, 19:45
yea i got the new version compiled and now i get run time error 3 on line 2553, then 2052 repeatedly before the indicated user is kicked for overflow on netchan ->message SZ_GetSpace

RAW_OmarBKhatab
05-10-2004, 20:09
AMXX is not ready for WARCRAFT3XP version of dopefish yet. Wait for next release of AMXX. Dopefish version of WAR3 is the most stable war3 for AMX which we are using in our 32 player war3 server.

Superknacki
05-10-2004, 21:02
What will be easier for everyone (not only for war3 users), is to "add back" get_user_wonid to AMXX.

Superknacki
05-12-2004, 14:10
I said something (not really, but a little) wrong.
If you have a non-steam server, put this, in your amxmod.inc and include it instead of the amxmodx.inc:
#if defined NO_STEAM
stock get_user_wonid(index)
{
new authid[32]
get_user_authid(index,authid,31)
return str_to_num(authid)
}
#endif

DopeFish
05-12-2004, 16:13
there is no reason to add that, it is already in the amxmisc.inc which is included in the cs 1.5 version of amxx

ranger
05-15-2004, 07:09
hi,

AMXX is not ready for WARCRAFT3XP version of dopefish yet

What do mean with "no ready" !? because someone becomes to much XP for planting a bomb?

thx

rACEmic
05-15-2004, 07:11
There are still (fairly) major bugs that prevent Warcraft 3 from working perfectly with AMXX.

-W0kk3L-
05-16-2004, 07:14
too bad i don't have a choice running AMXX.. AMX doesn't work on our FreeBSD servers with a new Linux Binaries version. And installing old versions of Linux Binaries on our servers isn't an option.

Any idea when the bug (Orc + grenade = crashed hlds) is fixed?

our gameservers: http://www.crew-nexus.net/servers.php

-W0kk3L-

DopeFish
05-16-2004, 08:48
Any idea when the bug (Orc + grenade = crashed hlds) is fixed?

the amxx dev team wanted to fix problems with the HE in version 0.20, same goes for the give_item() problems that are causing server crashes with blood elves. I am not aware of a release date for ammx version 0.2.0 as for now. Remember amxx is still beta until version 1.0

@ranger
thats one of the errors, other range from minor (reincarnation making you drop the weapon even though there is no code to instruct the client to do so) to major (give_item doing other strange stuff like allocating too much memory and causing client crashes)

smartsl
05-16-2004, 13:50
i used this on amxmodx v2.0alpha, it crashed:
L 05/17/2004 - 00:38:49: AMX Mod X log file started (file "addons/amxx/logs/L0517000.log") (version "0.2")
L 05/17/2004 - 00:38:49: [AMXX] Module "ENGINE" ("addons\amxx\modules\engine_amx.dll") has not set meta result in "GameInit"
L 05/17/2004 - 00:38:49: [AMXX] Couldn't find "AMX_Query" or "AMXX_Query" (file "cstrike\addons\amxx\modules\war3_222_ms.dll")
L 05/17/2004 - 00:38:49: [AMXX] Make sure that modules are compatible with AMX Mod X 0.2
L 05/17/2004 - 00:38:49: [AMXX] Please fix the problem then start the server again

what can i do now for running it with cs1.6_listen_server in winxp?

DopeFish
05-16-2004, 16:16
if you are a betatester for amxmodx then I wonder why you obviously have no idea about amxx.

why are you trying to load a amx module into amxx?? (one that you don't even need)

smartsl
05-17-2004, 02:51
oh, i missed it. it's said that in the installer.txt:
If you are using AMXX, than only the engine and cstrike modules are needed (booth default module),
no other special or addiotional modules are needed except mysql (only if you save XP via mysql).

but i wonder why if no other module has been used, the plugin doesn't work. the race_choosing_menu is just coming again&ag but no any effect comes out.
:oops:

ys, i should do more test next time before asking. so sorry about all this.

DoubleTap
05-17-2004, 10:34
I believe they are fairly clear about using their CVS version of 0.2... even if you have it set up right it probably dont work... that build is for the Dev's... and if you have to ask questions about how to install such a popular plugin you definately shouldn't be using the CVS version.

The released version of Mod X has plenty of quirks as posted in the different threads but it works within those limitations.

Vic/DT

godukbolt
05-27-2004, 13:59
how do i give other players xp? and i have sv_cheats 1, how do i use it?

Murphy
06-01-2004, 20:53
Nice plugin, but i have a question, i tried the command wc3_changexp <id> <xp amount> but it didn't seem to work, I tried it in consol as wc3_changexp my name xpamount and with an amx_rcon wc3_changexp myname xp amount, neither work, what do I have to do?

DopeFish
06-02-2004, 14:08
it's a server console command, and by default it is turned off.

Striker
06-02-2004, 19:15
Ich habe bei WC3-Mod folgendes Problem:

Immer wenn ich ANKH kaufen oder wegen der Rasse als fertigkeit habe, wird meine Waffe bei einem Rundenstart immer weggeworfen.

Ist das ein Bug ?

Poison_Jay
06-02-2004, 21:18
i just got this thingy today...

Bug Report:
1) Orc Granade = Normal Granade, it doesn't X2, X3, X5 damage..
2) Defusing Bomb = you get 0 xp

Question:
1) How to enable server to allow changerace?

FroXeN
06-02-2004, 21:31
dopefish or double tap do you guys know when wc3x is going to be done..?

rACEmic
06-03-2004, 02:39
It's a completely separate plugin. What do you mean by "done"? The next version will probably be released in one or two weeks.

FroXeN
06-03-2004, 07:20
racemic are you going to make a complier for that too ^_^ 8)

DoubleTap
06-03-2004, 11:51
Like rACEmic said... plugins are never "done"... As it stands now WC3 (not sure what your talking about with WC3X) works as best it can within the limitations of Mod X. When 0.2 comes out and Dopefish has had a chance to see what they fixed (if anything) he will surely begin tinkering again...

Vic/DT

Downtown1
06-19-2004, 18:32
Hmm, I got this error

L 06/19/2004 - 16:18:59: "nightghost99<11><STEAM_0:1:1131969><TERRORIST>" say "DAMN" (dead)
L 06/19/2004 - 16:19:02: [AMXX] Run time error 3 on line 2680 (plugin "warcraft3.amx")
L 06/19/2004 - 16:19:02: [AMXX] Run time error 3 on line 2033 (plugin "warcraft3.amx")
L 06/19/2004 - 16:19:02: [AMXX] Run time error 3 on line 2033 (plugin "warcraft3.amx")
SZ_GetSpace: overflow on netchan->message
WARNING: reliable overflow for |z|.|M| Drazhar [316]
L 06/19/2004 - 16:19:02: "|z|.|M| Drazhar [316]<10><STEAM_0:0:1709585><CT>" disconnected
Dropped |z|.|M| Drazhar [316] from server
Reason: Reliable channel overflowed

It only dropped that one person, any suggestions?

smartboy4
06-20-2004, 00:24
Im just asking a simple question , is this working on listen serv ?

Ingerfara
06-20-2004, 00:37
Works on my listen server so yes I would say it does :)

DoubleTap
06-20-2004, 11:06
It only dropped that one person, any suggestions?

He selected Blood Elf, I dont believe that issue has been tackled yet. Crimson Armor is the culprit if I remember correctly...

Vic/DT

Downtown1
06-20-2004, 11:52
Oh, ok, thank god for the mod points :).

DopeFish
06-21-2004, 07:11
Oh, ok, thank god for the mod points :).

The blood elf problem is due to an error in the engine module, I can't remember if I managed to write a workaround or not (probably not since it would either have been something really whacky to fix problems in the amxx engine module, or a seperate module).

[EDIT]
I just checked the changelog, I actually did write up a workaround that works despite the bugs in get_item()
http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/src/examples/warcraft3.sma.diff?r1=2.156&r2=2.157

Are you using the nightly build? (If so, than you shouldn't still be having this problem, unless you found a new bug in the engine module of amxx that no one has noticed yet)

PS. the amxx devs know about the problem and will have it fixed in the amxx version 0.20

smartboy4
06-21-2004, 10:39
Works on my listen server so yes I would say it does :)
WOAH !! It worked ? really i tried 3 times but didn't manage to get it . [email protected] msn please i need help

Downtown1
06-21-2004, 22:37
Are you saying when you released this version it was stable, but later a change in the engine module made it have an overflow?

If it was like this before, then I really must wonder why you'd release a version with a bug that you say you knew of. I will check out the nightly builds though, but are they.. stable? I know most CVS aren't :).

Girthesniper
06-21-2004, 22:57
Are you saying when you released this version it was stable, but later a change in the engine module made it have an overflow?

If it was like this before, then I really must wonder why you'd release a version with a bug that you say you knew of. I will check out the nightly builds though, but are they.. stable? I know most CVS aren't :).
STEAM changes the way cvars are injected into CS, so the engine module has to change. therefore, the plugin changed. :shock:

DopeFish
06-22-2004, 14:47

when the plugin was released, amxx 0.15 was the current version. amxx 0.16 introduced some new problems (that don't happen on all servers). And steam updates also introduced some new problems.
There was only one known bug in the code when this version was initially released, and that bug only happened on my server. No one else could seem to reproduce it (it turned out to be a bug in the engine module that only occured on certain linux installations, I wrote a workaround for it a week later) . Considering that amxx is still heavily in the development phase I'm surprised how few workarounds I have had to write yet.
The plugin itself is 100% amxx compatible, it is the amxx functions that are buggy.

The CVS version is stable 99% of the time, and the 1% of the time that the CVS is buggy, it is normally fixed within an hour.

DoubleTap
06-22-2004, 15:31

Had anyone but you wrote this after the clusterfuck you made with your fake "Spacedude Approved" version of the WC3 stuff a ways back I might have let it slip by. For someone with your talent to be such a dipshit and ask something mockingly that you had done to countless folks before Dopefish (and others) made "open source" versions of WC3 that exceeded that POS that you tried to force folks to use... it's just a joke man. Anyone with any history in the WC3 community knows you... you can go back into hiding again if you have nothing to contribute here !

Vic/DT

Downtown1
06-22-2004, 18:26
Had anyone but you wrote this after the clusterfuck you made with your fake "Spacedude Approved" version of the WC3 stuff a ways back I might have let it slip by. For someone with your talent to be such a dipshit and ask something mockingly that you had done to countless folks before Dopefish (and others) made "open source" versions of WC3 that exceeded that POS that you tried to force folks to use... it's just a joke man. Anyone with any history in the WC3 community knows you... you can go back into hiding again if you have nothing to contribute here !

Vic/DT

Hey, thanks for being so hostile, I was posting a bug report and trying to figure out why the author would jeopardize the plugins' score by having something buggy (turns out it was AMXX's fault) released here.

DoubleTap
06-23-2004, 11:33
I am sure he doesn't care about his plugin's score... A CVS is just as you stated perviously... and like EVERY other mod/plugin out there cannot be tested on all setup's by Dopefish... CVS is use at your own risk/experience level, you IMPLIED he was releasing broke stuff purposely.

Your the only one that does that... don't be a hypocrite...

Vic/DT

Downtown1
06-23-2004, 15:10
Uh, I was wondering whether or not he did that purposely.

Also, the only time I released my "SpaceDude-approved" plugin, I obviously said "ALPHA" in the subject so that the only people that were misled were the dyslexic ones.

DopeFish
06-23-2004, 15:19
why would someone purposely release a plugin they know is buggy, that would be utterly stupid. (which of couse also means you think I am a stupid person).

As I already said, the plugin doesn't contain errors, the errors are in amxmodx.

Weppa
06-30-2004, 11:28
How can i fix so i get Long Term XP?

Btw, my XP doesn't save, but i have the command sv_savexp 1. Is it becouse I have Short Term XP?

SHORT_TERM 0 doesn't work in hlds, WC3_Module 1 doesn't work either.

Need help!

DoubleTap
06-30-2004, 12:27
Post the first 10 settings in your warcaft3.cfg here.

Vic/DT

Weppa
07-01-2004, 07:19
//#define WC3_MODULE 1
//#define SHORT_TERM 0
//#define MYSQL_ENABLED 0
//#define VAULT_SAVE 1
//#define LANG_ENG 1
//#define LANG_GER 0
//#define LANG_FRE 0
//#define CONVERT_TO_VAULT 1
//#define VAULT_PROTECT 1
//#define DAYS_BEFORE_DELETE 14

There?

EDIT: When I start up the hlds server it says:
[WC3] Forcing unmodified player models
[WC3] Using Engine Module, Short Term XP Modus

Hope that can be to your help :wink:

DopeFish
07-01-2004, 10:07
let me quote something from the warcraft3.cfg .....

/*
------------ Enter Warcraft 3 configuration area ------------------

#### IMPORTANT ####

If you change something here, you will have to recompile the plugin
Linux: ./sc warcraft3.sma -o../plugins/warcraft3.amx
Win: sc warcraft3.sma -o../plugins/warcraft3.amx

This file shows all possible configuration options with a brief description
of the option. Lines with a // in front of them are comments. If you want
to change an option simply remove the // in front of the #define. You do not
need to set all options, only the ones you want to change.

This makes upgrading to newer versions easier, and gives you a better overview
of which options you have changed. This also makes it possible to make a very
simple warcraft.cfg, if you for example only want long term with vault saving
and the rest of the options should stay default, a warcraft3.cfg file with the
following two lines would suffice.
#define SHORT_TERM 0
#define VAULT_SAVE 1

The file warcraft3.cfg MUST exist (the file can be empty though).

#### IMPORTANT ####

*/

remove the // from options you want to change.

Weppa
07-01-2004, 10:37
Still don't work. I start HLDS:
[WC3] Forcing unmodified player models

And my Warcraft3.cfg looks like this:
#define WC3_MODULE 1
#define SHORT_TERM 0
#define MYSQL_ENABLED 1
#define VAULT_SAVE 0
#define LANG_ENG 1
//#define CONVERT_TO_VAULT 0
#define VAULT_PROTECT 0
#define DAYS_BEFORE_DELETE 14
#define MYSQL_AUTO_PRUNING 1
#define VAULT_PRUNE_LIMIT 5
#define SAVE_WITH_IP 0
#define XP_CHANGEABLE_OUTSIDE 1
#define SLAY_LOSERS 0
#define STARTINGLEVEL 0

So, whats wrong? I get like, 200 XP for buying XP, and 300 for a kill. And XP doesn't save.
I have the commands: mp_savexp 1 and mp_xpmultiplier 0.1

Help!? :shock:

DoubleTap
07-01-2004, 10:56
Okay, I think we are getting closer... to me, a couple things shoot out at me... please post the console output from AMXX MODULES here.

At this point either you have a failed SQL server or you are not running the proper modules for WC3 under AMXX. I say this because you chose SQL as your save method (#define MYSQL_ENABLED 1).

Most likely you just dont have the proper modules running (engine, fun & cstrike)... since you enabled the WC3 module (#define WC3_MODULE 1) for some odd reason, I suspect this is your problem.

Vic/DT

Weppa
07-01-2004, 12:06
; AMX Mod X Modules; You can specify both linux & win32 modules here

fun_amx.dll
engine_amx.dll
mysql_amx.dll
cstrike_amx.dll
csstats_amx.dll
war3_mm.dll
VexdUM_mm.dll
VexdUM_mm_i386.so
war3_mm_i386.so

Like that? :shock:

EDIT: And why should I not have WC3_MODULE on?

DopeFish
07-01-2004, 17:42
oh I dunno, maybe because there is no wc3 module for amxx ;) ther is also no vexd module for amxx. Seems you are doing wild stuff here and trying to load amx modules into amxx (god only knows why, and I'm not all to sure even he does).

#define SHORT_TERM 0

you recompiled the plugin and are using the newly compiled version?

Stefler
07-02-2004, 05:50
Yea umm this .cf totally confuses me... lol

says to use vault?

well i set it all up to use vault

but the .cfg file says sumthing about a .ini..... like a war3user.ini or sumthin

Weppa
07-02-2004, 11:43
So I use the .dll files for AMX? =/ That sucks.. But where can I download the latest .dll files, for AMXX.

DoubleTap
07-02-2004, 11:57
fun_amx.dll
engine_amx.dll
mysql_amx.dll
cstrike_amx.dll
csstats_amx.dll

EDIT: And why should I not have WC3_MODULE on?

Get rid of all that other stuff, there is no WC3 or VEXD module in AMXX. Also asked for server console output, not the crap in your files. We want to see what is and isn't running on the server.

Vic/DT

Weppa
07-02-2004, 12:07
Server console output?

I'm not so good at english our computers. Do you mean that says in HLDS.exe when I start it...?

Stefler
07-02-2004, 13:41
ok what should i have my #defines at?..

for me to use vault

and where would i find this war3user.ini?

DoubleTap
07-03-2004, 11:56
ok what should i have my #defines at?..

for me to use vault

and where would i find this war3user.ini?

:rtfm:

Server console output?

I'm not so good at english our computers. Do you mean that says in HLDS.exe when I start it...?

In console type "amxx modules" and "meta list" and post those results here.

Vic/DT

Weppa
07-03-2004, 16:34
amxx modules =

name type version author status
[ 1] Counter-Strike amx&mm 0.16 ST AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 2] MySQL access amx 0.1 dJeyL, PM running
[ 3] Fun amx&mm 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 4] CS Stats amx&mm 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 5] ENGINE amx&mm 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team running

meta list =

description stat pend file vers src load unlod
[ 1] AMX Mod X RUN - amxx_mm.dll v0.16 ini ANY ANY
[ 2] Fun RUN - fun_amx.dll v0.16 cmd ANY ANY
[ 3] ENGINE RUN - engine_amx.dll v0.16 cmd ANY ANY
[ 4] Counter-Strike RUN - cstrike_amx.dll v0.16 ST cmd Pause Pause
[ 5] CS Stats RUN - csstats_amx.dll v0.16 cmd ANY ANY

Stefler
07-04-2004, 00:48
How can you change the xp?

or is that just doing the short term 1 and 0 thing?

and how can i make it changerace?...
says:

Server does not allow rae change

DoubleTap
07-04-2004, 11:40
amxx modules =

[ 2] MySQL access amx 0.1 dJeyL, PM running

Using the AMX version of the MYSQL Module isn't going to help you with Mod X.

How can you change the xp?

or is that just doing the short term 1 and 0 thing?

and how can i make it changerace?...
says:

Server does not allow rae change

Not much I can do for lazy admins... :rtfm:, it's your only hope.

However, you can only changerace while dead or during freezetime...

Vic/DT

ronin
07-04-2004, 21:13
Is there a way to disable the sprites over the users head. I really can't stand these :)

PS - As a complete nub AMXX user. This was still easy to setup. I forgot to enable the engine module, but after that I was good. God people RTFM :P

Ingerfara
07-05-2004, 01:20
Type 'icons' in say.

ronin
07-05-2004, 02:27
Type 'icons' in say.

soulman90210
07-10-2004, 01:56
I am getting this error:
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'models/metalplategibs.mdl' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.
Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct this.
WC3 has been causing a server crash on map de_inferno. Any workaround or fix?

DoubleTap
07-10-2004, 12:15
That error has nothing to do with WC3, you just have too many plugins running that are precaching things. The problem is the heapsize in the Steam engine. Easiest way I have found around these things is using the "Custom Maps Config" plugin to turn off things for certain maps to stop the overflow errors.

Vic/DT

soulman90210
07-11-2004, 20:48
It amazes me that people don't have the good sense to make a decent helpfile. Wc3 has helpfile but it is nearly impossible to read.

soulman90210
07-11-2004, 20:59
Where do you put the warcraft3.cfg file?

Cr0m
07-12-2004, 02:46
Ok, I am applying this to our server because our server activity is incredibly low and I want this to bring some people in, but I have no clue how to put this in our server, manage it, or anything. I need to be able to turn this off and on frequently as well, because we do a lot of scrimming in our server. Contact me on AIM PLZ. Name is Cromie1337

This is desperate.

MeTaL69
07-12-2004, 09:06
Right ok, Ive been thinking about trying out this Warcraft on mi server but seeing how there is 2 of them, can some1 tell me which 1 is the better 1, Warcraft3 or Warcraft3FT :?:

These threads r way toooo long :(
It would be so much better if there was only 1, surely some1 can port them together :?

-=STN=- MaGe
07-12-2004, 10:20
is this warcraft3 X?
i seen it in some server and it was pretty cool, also do bots use this okay?

MeTaL69
07-12-2004, 10:45
I think all it has been given is new races & also u can use the old ones to.
I just want to know which one is the most stable & better to use. There must be a reason why there r still 2 of them roaming about :!:

Sry, I never use bots cos they get on mi tits :D , so I dont really know.

DopeFish
07-12-2004, 12:21
> surely some1 can port them together
yeah, over 10000 lines of code each, no problem to merge the two together. I'll just ignore the incomatibilities and do that tonight.

> is this warcraft3 X?
no, this is not warcraft3 expansion.

> I just want to know which one is the most stable & better to use.
this one is probably the most stable since we spent a half a year development on stability and making the code cleaner and faster. Better depends on what you want. both have additions that the other one doesn't have.

> There must be a reason why there r still 2 of them roaming about
Because tehre are two development teams working on two different version. the warcraft3FT is based off an old version of this one.

> These threads r way toooo long
Thats why there are official support forums for both versions.

> Where do you put the warcraft3.cfg file?
with your .sma fil in the scripting folder.

> It amazes me that people don't have the good sense to make a decent helpfile.
> Wc3 has helpfile but it is nearly impossible to read.
The readme.txt is from Spacedude, the original author of wc3. The installer.txt is from me. Any decent hlds admin won't need it anyway since they should already know where .amx files go. The only important/interessating information is a) the required modules and b) the configuration.
Feel free to write a new one if you don't like it :p

JustGags
08-03-2004, 11:09
Is there a way to temporarily disable this in the event of a clan match, etc w/o commenting it in the plugins.ini file and restarting the server?

DopeFish
08-03-2004, 12:14
Is there a way to temporarily disable this in the event of a clan match, etc w/o commenting it in the plugins.ini file and restarting the server?
the plugins.ini is reread at mapchange, not at server restart. or you can simply use the sv_warcraft3 cvar.

JustGags
08-03-2004, 13:02
Being, I could do,

amx_rcon sv_warcraft3 0

To disable?

DopeFish
08-03-2004, 13:08
amx_rcon sv_warcraft3 0

jepp, that should do the trick.

[AoL]Demandred
08-05-2004, 18:58
Wow, I haven't been here in quite a while, but that code looks sweet, Dopefish. You've done a truly outstanding job on this one.

We'll be moving to AMX Mod X when the new version is released in a couple weeks here, and this plugin is going to be running on one of our servers . . . I've been hoping I wouldn't have to revive my crudely patchwork version.

The only thing I haven't found yet is whether you have a way to limit race changes to while dead . . . but if it's not in there, I can add it ;)

---EDIT---
Actually, there's a bit of multi-lingual stuff going on. I can probably add the change race only when dead option, but it would be severely toned down from your code. Any way you can add a CVAR for this to your next release? Or even better, perhaps make the mp_allowchangerace cvar a three way choice . . .

i.e.:
mp_allowchangerace "0" allows no changes after initial selection
mp_allowchangerace "1" allows one race change per round
mp_allowchangerace "2" allows any number, but only when dead

---END EDIT---

Again, excellent work on this one.

DopeFish
08-06-2004, 05:37
Yeah, currently the changerace (if allowed via cvar) is permitted either when the player is dead, or during freezetime. Players sometimes complain about it, but it prevents people rushing as undead somewhere, changing to orc and thowing an orc HE.

I've been looking at WC3 Expansion lately, they have some very sweet stuff in there.

Changing from the current multi-lingual in the plugin to the new multi lingual from amxx will be "fun" (-> lots of code and work).

Ryan
08-06-2004, 12:51
Should this really require a cvar? IMO it should be like that by default (race change only when dead/freezetime/OR anytime if race not yet selected), especially if it can be easily exploited any other way.. (undead/orc rush).

If that's the case then there would really be no need for an option for one race change per round only, since the only time you can change race while alive is during freezetime..

Also, you could have it so that at any time a player can select a race, but the change wont take effect until the next available time race changes are allowed (ie, dead or freezetime).. If i'm not mistaken, trying to change race when NOT in freezetime or dead doesnt even display the menu, right? That means on servers with a freezetime of 0, there's almost no time for a player that hasnt died in a while to change their race.

Just some thoughts.

[AoL]Demandred
08-06-2004, 15:24
hrm, I missed that part of it in the code . . . then again, I didn't really read it in super depth.

In that case, it's fine for me :D

DopeFish
08-09-2004, 05:44
Also, you could have it so that at any time a player can select a race, but the change wont take effect until the next available time race changes are allowed (ie, dead or freezetime).. If i'm not mistaken, trying to change race when NOT in freezetime or dead doesnt even display the menu, right? That means on servers with a freezetime of 0, there's almost no time for a player that hasnt died in a while to change their race.

Hmm, thats a good idea and should be pretty easy to do.

AlucarD_fOx
08-09-2004, 09:54
Ryan,

Dispose the .sma file of the war3x plugin too...

This plugin works in amxx too, right? In your site I don't locate the war3x amxx plugin...

Thanks!

JustGags
08-13-2004, 20:16
How would you recommend I save XP?

MySQL? Vault? The INI file?

What is Vault? Thx.

Ryan
08-14-2004, 00:53
Yes, I'm releasing the source of war3x with the next version. Shouldn't be too long at all, maybe a couple days. (sorry to advert in your thread, dopefish)

DopeFish
08-16-2004, 05:53
How would you recommend I save XP?

MySQL? Vault? The INI file?

What is Vault? Thx.

I wouldn't recommend the INI file method, it causes lag if it gets too large and XP often gets lost.
Mysql and vault are both fairly fast, depending on your connection to your SQL server vault may be a little faster. Vault is already included in amxx and saves data in a binary form. Mysql offers the possibility for other programs to access the XP database (e.g. a Top-ten (http://dopefish.de/gameserver/wc3stats/index.php?howmany=10) on your website).
So i guess it's up to you to choose what you prefer.

@Ryan: no problem ;)

PvtTolarian
08-16-2004, 18:37
I can't get WC3 to work. Should I post here or in the help forum?

mole
08-16-2004, 23:56
I have had this mod running for quite some time now. If you would like hit me up on aim @ nitrousgtstang and I can help walk you through it.

[AoL]Demandred
08-25-2004, 10:50
Converting for 0.20 yet?

DopeFish
08-25-2004, 15:46
mostly.

[AoL]Demandred
08-27-2004, 11:15
Waiting on the mysql fix?

DopeFish
08-27-2004, 12:51
haven't tried out the plugin with the current TP yet.
I still have to convert the top15 crap but the rest works.

[AoL]Demandred
09-03-2004, 12:36
Check it out:

SZ_GetSpace: overflow on -xR | Option
L 09/03/2004 - 11:36:02: [AMXX] Run time error 3 on line 10032 (plugin "warcraft3.amxx")
L 09/03/2004 - 11:36:02: [AMXX] Run time error 3 on line 10032 (plugin "warcraft3.amxx")
WARNING: datagram overflowed for -xR | Option

I did modify the plugin a bit to add a couple of little commands, Dopefish - I commented most of what I changed (I basically reworked it a tad to add my myitem command and another command for testing purposes that gives level 10, and also removed most of the ways that show your current level, etc - mostly small stuff (also added ability to buy items while dead) . . . but I don't really think that anything I added caused these run time errors . . . you might wanna check the plugin out, see what might be causing that . . .

Here's my .sma, if you want it for review, too:

ng2000
09-29-2004, 17:32
When i compiled with Nightly AmxModX i get following warnings:

mazga@s2:~/hlds/cstrike/addons/amxmodx/scripting$ ./amxxsc warcraft3.sma
Welcome to the AMX Mod X 0.20-251 Compiler.
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 ITB CompuPhase, AMX Mod X Team

./include/mysql.inc(22) : warning 213: tag mismatch
./include/mysql.inc(36) : warning 213: tag mismatch
./include/mysql.inc(42) : warning 213: tag mismatch
warcraft3.sma(8366) : warning 217: loose indentation
warcraft3.sma(8572) : warning 217: loose indentation
warcraft3.sma(9960) : warning 213: tag mismatch

6 Warnings.

So when i installed the compiled .amxx plugin everything work fine but the XP System is broken
Everytime after mapchange everyone hvae to select all skills and get XP random - 1st map at the end i had 600xp 2nd map i startet with 5600xp and i must select all my skills.

I Hope u understand me but my english is really bad.

btw. i Use Long Term XP with sql and nightly build WC3 vpre-2.5.1

JustGags
09-30-2004, 23:41
What's the status on the conversion to v0.20?

debyrne
10-07-2004, 04:08
my meta list
17:53:30 Currently loaded plugins:
[ 1] AMX Mod X RUN - amxx_mm_i386.so v0.16 ini ANY ANY
[ 2] AXN RUN - axn_mm_i386.so v1.05 ini Chlvl Chlvl
[ 3] Fun RUN - fun_amx_i386.so v0.16 cmd ANY ANY
[ 4] ENGINE RUN - engine_amx_i386. v0.16 cmd ANY ANY
[ 5] Counter-Strike RUN - cstrike_amx_i386 v0.16 ST cmd Pause Pause
[ 6] CS Stats RUN - csstats_amx_i386 v0.16 cmd ANY ANY
6 plugins, 6 running

my amxx modules
17:54:18 Currently loaded modules:
name type version author status
[ 2] Counter-Strike amx&mm 0.16 ST AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 3] MySQL amx 0.1 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 4] ENGINE amx&mm 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 5] Fun amx&mm 0.16 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
5 modules, 5 correct

my amxx list

17:56:48 Currently loaded plugins:
name version author file status
[ 1] unknown unknown unknown warcraft3.amx running
[ 2] Admin Base 0.16 AMXX Dev Team admin.amx running
[ 3] Admin Base for My 0.16 AMXX Dev Team admin_mysql.amx running
[ 4] Admin Commands 0.16 AMXX Dev Team admincmd.amx running
... only basic admin amxx plugins are active

running amxx 0.16 linux
want to set up wc3 mod with saved xp.

So when i recompile my sma file, in the cfg file, the only thing i change is
// ############################################# ############
// #### SERVER SETUP -- MAKE SURE THAT THESE ARE RIGHT! ####
// ############################################# ############

// #define WC3_MODULE 1 // Set this to 1 to use the war3 module, leave at 0 to use the vexd module
#define SHORT_TERM 0 // Set this to 0 for long-term XP, and 1 for short-term XP.
// Configuration if the server is Steam or non-Steam is taken from the AMX setting
// in include/amxconst.inc now.

Now, when i upload the amxx file into my plugins directory... the server is fine, however, the amxx list shows up as running the plugin.. but has unknown data (never a good sign). And when i try to change map, or restart the server... the server fails to respond, and crashes. I can reupload the exact same amxx file to the plugins directory, and it manages to get the server back online.

AAnyway.. any idea whats going on... ? Ill work at getting the logs asap.

debyrne
10-07-2004, 04:29
:)
Sprite upload failed :P

Thanks anyway

Xenocide
11-13-2004, 20:57
Ummm, ya im confooosed.

I changed //#define SHORT_TERM 1 to 0 so it saves xp, but when I go into my server it still doesnt save the xp but I heard some one talk about comiling and i dont know how to do this, plz help

o and im using amxx v.16 and wc3 2.5

Xenocide
11-13-2004, 23:24
nevermind, i got long term xp working but i dont know how to give someone xp amx_givexp name amount doesn't work and either does wc3_changexp <id> <xp> so is there a command to give xp?

DopeFish
11-15-2004, 06:01
read through the whole cfg file

Gunny
12-03-2004, 14:25
I just updated my server to AmxmodX1.0 and I am using the latest Nightly Build of Warcraft_3_XP pre-2.5.1. It is connecting to my database fine but it is not registering all of my players XP.

It is showing half XP on my regular players

Any Ideas???

meta list
Currently loaded plugins:
[ 1] AMX Mod X RUN - amxmodx_mm_i386. v0.2 ini ANY ANY
1 plugins, 1 running

amxx plugins
Currently loaded plugins:
name version author file status
[ 1] Admin Base (SQL) 0.20 AMXX Dev Team admin.amxx running
[ 2] AMXBans 4.0 LuX / YoMama amxbans.amxx running
[ 3] Admin Commands 0.20 AMXX Dev Team admincmd.amxx running
[ 4] Admin Help 0.20 AMXX Dev Team adminhelp.amxx running
[ 5] Slots Reservation 0.20 AMXX Dev Team adminslots.amxx running
[ 6] Multi-Lingual Sys 0.20 AMXX Dev Team multilingual.am running
[ 7] Menus Front-End 0.20 AMXX Dev Team menufront.amxx running
[ 8] Commands Menu 0.20 AMXX Dev Team cmdmenu.amxx running
[ 9] Players Menu 0.20 AMXX Dev Team plmenu.amxx running
[ 10] Teleport Menu 0.20 AMXX Dev Team telemenu.amxx running
[ 11] Maps Menu 0.20 AMXX Dev Team mapsmenu.amxx running
[ 12] Admin Chat 0.20 AMXX Dev Team adminchat.amxx running
[ 13] Anti Flood 0.20 AMXX Dev Team antiflood.amxx running
[ 14] Scrolling Message 0.20 AMXX Dev Team scrollmsg.amxx running
[ 15] Info. Messages 0.20 AMXX Dev Team imessage.amxx running
[ 16] Admin Votes 0.20 AMXX Dev Team adminvote.amxx running
[ 17] AMX Map Handler 0.3 JGHG maphandler.amxx running
[ 18] DeagsMapManage 2.10i Deags mapmanager.amxx running
[ 19] TimeLeft 0.20 AMXX Dev Team timeleft.amxx running
[ 20] Pause Plugins 0.20 AMXX Dev Team pausecfg.amxx running
[ 21] Stats Configurati 0.20 AMXX Dev Team statscfg.amxx running
[ 22] Restrict Weapons 0.20 AMXX Dev Team restmenu.amxx running
[ 23] StatsX 0.20 AMXX Dev Team statsx.amxx running
[ 24] CS Misc. Stats 0.20 AMXX Dev Team miscstats.amxx running
[ 25] CS Stats Logging 0.20 AMXX Dev Team stats_logging.a running
[ 26] AMXBans Menu 4.0 YoMama amxbans_menu.am running
[ 27] Clan Tag Protecti 0.8.5 default clan_tag_protec running
[ 28] All-in-One Comman 1.6 AMX(x) Community admin_allinone. running
[ 29] Server Rules 1.1 FullThrottle server_rules.am running
[ 30] Server Binds 1.1 FullThrottle server_binds.am running
[ 31] Warcraft 3 XP pre-2.5 AMX(X) Community warcraft3.amxx running
[ 32] AWP Limit (Team/W 0.5 SuicideDog awplimit.amxx running
[ 33] G3SG1 Limit (Team 0.5 SuicideDog g3sg1limit.amxx running
[ 34] SG550 Limit (Team 0.5 SuicideDog sg550limit.amxx running
34 plugins, 34 running

amxx modules
Currently loaded modules:
name version author status
[ 1] Fun 0.20 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 2] Engine 0.20 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 3] FakeMeta 0.20 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 4] MySQL 0.20 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[ 5] GeoIP 1.1 BAILOPAN running
[ 6] Array 1.2 BAILOPAN running
[ 7] Sockets 0.10 HLSW Dev Team running
[ 8] RegEx 1.00 BAILOPAN running
[ 9] Counter-Strike 0.20 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
[10] CSX 0.20 AMX Mod X Dev Team running
10 modules, 10 correct

[ 45] Warcraft_3_XP pre-2.5.1 warcraft3.amxx

TooL
12-04-2004, 09:03
Finally - someone with the same problem. I am using War3x but half the time our players connect and they do not get their XP - they either have to reconnect a few times or wait until a map change.

Gunny
12-04-2004, 09:33
I have been told that they never get all of there XP. :( Even after a map change

DopeFish
12-06-2004, 08:27
It is connecting to my database fine but it is not registering all of my players XP.

It is showing half XP on my regular players

are only half the players getting XP, or are players getting only half of the normal XP ?

Gunny
12-06-2004, 14:02
All players that have reported to me are only getting half of their earned XP when I switch over to the New version.

Before upgrade "Undead 15,000" after upgrade "Undead 7,500"

I am updating both Amx .97 and Warcraft3 Version 2.22.11 to AmxmodX 1.0 and Warcraft3 pre-2.5.1.

if this information is useful.

Thanks

I am in the irc room if you need more info.

DopeFish
12-06-2004, 16:55
hmm, nothing should have changed. check if your cvar mp_xpmultiplier is still set to "1"

Gunny
12-06-2004, 19:24
Yes, it is set to 1.0

DopeFish
12-07-2004, 05:20
hmm, set it to 2.0 and see what happens

Gunny
12-07-2004, 20:00
Nope that didn't help :(

As I was looking through the sma, I found this code:

// This makes sure the mysql from amx config gets loaded if the warcraft3 plugins uses mysql.
#if MYSQL_ENABLED
#if defined _amxmodx_included
#if defined _amxmodx020_included
new const PATHTOMYSQLCFG[] = "addons/amxx/configs/sql.cfg"
#else
new const PATHTOMYSQLCFG[] = "addons/amxx/configs/mysql.cfg"
#endif
#else
new const PATHTOMYSQLCFG[] = "addons/amx/mysql.cfg"
#endif
#endif

Does it need to be changed to the new location for the sql.cfg

I don't think this could be my problem, because it is loading some of my XP

Schnuffer
12-11-2004, 20:47
Whats that?
L 12/12/2004 - 02:47:47: [AMXX] Native error in "entity_get_string" on line 8936 (file "warcraft3.sma").
L 12/12/2004 - 02:47:47: [Engine] Invalid player 0 (not in-game)
L 12/12/2004 - 02:47:47: [AMXX] Native error in "entity_get_string" on line 8935 (file "warcraft3.sma").
L 12/12/2004 - 02:47:47: [AMXX] Native error in "entity_get_string" on line 8936 (file "warcraft3.sma").
L 12/12/2004 - 02:47:47: [AMXX] Native error in "entity_get_string" on line 8935 (file "warcraft3.sma").
L 12/12/2004 - 02:47:50: [AMXX] Native error in "set_user_maxspeed" on line 4848 (file "warcraft3.sma").
L 12/12/2004 - 02:47:50: [Fun] Invalid player 1
L 12/12/2004 - 02:47:50: [AMXX] Native error in "get_user_maxspeed" on line 4877 (file "warcraft3.sma").

Gunny
12-12-2004, 09:39
?????

v3x
01-02-2005, 19:04
Hi, I installed this on my server and it works fine for MOST everybody else. One problem is that it kicks some people (like me) with an Reliable Channel Overflowed error message. Does somebody know how to fix this? :?

ferret
01-18-2005, 19:54
Notice to all:

I have just updated the CVS for Warcraft3. This latest version fixes the problems with reincarnation dropping weapons in front of the player.

You can get it here: http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/src/examples/warcraft3.sma?rev=2.168&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

v3x: If you get the above version, the Reliable Channel Overflow will be fixed.

KeHT
01-22-2005, 11:26
Whats that?
L 12/12/2004 - 02:47:50: [AMXX] Native error in "set_user_maxspeed" on line 4848 (file "warcraft3.sma").
L 12/12/2004 - 02:47:50: [AMXX] Native error in "get_user_maxspeed" on line 4877 (file "warcraft3.sma").

The same problem !!

mjordan1030
03-15-2005, 18:58
Can someone kindly tell me what is required for this to run? I have amxx 1.01 installed and working fine but this is all. Is this only for an older version? Do in need to install something else first?

My error talks about an unknown function (get_grenade_id)

Any thoughts or should I gth?

lou_habs
03-16-2005, 19:30
I dont understand the install files....they dont say where to extract which files and stuff and its complicated for someone like me who is making a counter strike dedicated server with war3ft and has never made one with that before.

RAW_OmarBKhatab
03-28-2005, 03:40
ferret]Notice to all:

I have just updated the CVS for Warcraft3. This latest version fixes the problems with reincarnation dropping weapons in front of the player.

You can get it here: http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/src/examples/warcraft3.sma?rev=2.168&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

v3x: If you get the above version, the Reliable Channel Overflow will be fixed.

[gh] ferret, a big THANK YOU :)

QuakerOates
03-28-2005, 04:58
I get a bad load on the plugin =/

[ 19] unknown unknown unknown warcraft3.amxx bad load
Using AMXMODX v1.01, MetaMod v1.17.4

UPDATE: got it working didnt have fun module loaded.

v3x
03-28-2005, 07:18
Hey, RAW, is that a custom WAR3 plugin on your server?

ancient1
03-28-2005, 10:28
@QuakerOates

You need to enable the sql modules for some unknown reason or you get a bad load, I found it out the hard way ;)

; -------------------------------------------
; Database Access - only enable one of these
; -------------------------------------------
MySQL
;mysql_amxx_i386.so
mysql_amxx.dll
;mysql_amxx_amd64.so
; PostgreSQL
;pgsql_amxx_i386.so
;pgsql_amxx.dll
; Microsoft SQL
;mssql_amxx.dll

Ancient

QuakerOates
03-28-2005, 14:53
ancient i luv ur avatar
silver surfer rocx
thx for the tip...

I get this on the server:

[WC3] XP is not saved on this server at this time, sorry

How do i get savexp to work?

v3x
03-28-2005, 15:47
You need to edit the config file for War3, it should be at the top. If you don't have access to a MySQL database, then choose 'vault'.

ferret
03-28-2005, 17:04
I should probably update this:

The latest CVS contains 3 new races and removes Blood Elf from the normal plugin.

To enable the new races and blood elf, change EXPANDED_RACES to 1 in warcraft3.cfg

Also, vault_save is no longer an option in warcraft3.cfg.. VAULT is now default, and will automatically be disabled if you turn on MySQL.

Please note that CVS versions are BETA versions, and may be unstable. They contain LOTS of bug fixes since the last release though. Backup your data before using to be safe.

You can get the latest CFG and SMA from here:
warcraft3.sma: http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/src/examples/warcraft3.sma?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain
warcraft3.cfg: http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/src/examples/warcraft3.cfg?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

PLEASE NOTE: The latest CFG and SMA is ONLY compatible with AMXX and CS 1.6/STEAM. It will NOT work reliably with AMX or CS 1.5

TooL
03-28-2005, 22:39
Haven't used this plugin in over a year and much has changed - can you give me a few details on how to install it? :o

I downloaded the latest SMA and CFG and threw it into a clean amxmodx 1.01, compiled but I can not get it to work - server crashes on startup.

All the necessary modules are loaded.

RAW_OmarBKhatab
03-29-2005, 13:16
Hey, RAW, is that a custom WAR3 plugin on your server?

Dopefish WC3 .

This one

RAW_OmarBKhatab
03-29-2005, 13:20
ferret]I should probably update this:

The latest CVS contains 3 new races and removes Blood Elf from the normal plugin.

Please, could you allow a CVR to have 5-races including blook elf to be selected, and use EXPANDED_RACES 1 to select rest 3 races? I think thats a better option for dopefish WC3 oldschool servers.

Bug report:
1. Terrorists are getting two bombs in random from time to time.
2. Getting run time error 4 and 10 with fun module. [I will post details soon]

Every time I add debug, I fail to get this error message.
So this case, I just happend to see the error message:

L 03/29/2005 - 23:41:52: [AMXX] Run time error 10 (native) (plugin "warcraft3.amxx") - debug not enabled.
L 03/29/2005 - 23:41:52: [FUN] Invalid player 13

TooL
03-29-2005, 15:00
Haven't used this plugin in over a year and much has changed - can you give me a few details on how to install it? :o

I downloaded the latest SMA and CFG and threw it into a clean amxmodx 1.01, compiled but I can not get it to work - server crashes on startup.

All the necessary modules are loaded.

Ok I managed to get it to compile but the crashing still occurs. I made a local copy of the server and it is crashing with the mysql_amxx.dll module. This is the same module I use for our War3x and UWC3 servers so I'm not sure what the deal is there.

I tried SQL Lite but I guess it doesn't have all the necessary functionality. War3 doesn't crash using SQL Lite but it also doesn't load:

Load fails: Plugin uses an unknown function (name "mysql_getfield") - check your modules.ini. (plugin "warcraft3.amxx")

:evil:

Anyone know what the latest stable release is that works for amxmodx 1.01 ?

TooL
03-30-2005, 12:06
Also - where can I find info on the new races? :o

Dark JP2
03-30-2005, 15:52
the last cvs (http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/src/examples) version (2.191) of it should have a sql fix and is pretty staabel if you don't enabel the new_damageevent (due some unfixed memory leak)

the raceinfos, simply select a race and type skillsinfo or search in the source

else if (p_skills[id][0]==5){
format(title,63,"%s Skills",racename[5])
message = "<HTML><head></head><pre><body bgcolor=#000000><font color=#FFB000>Crimson Armor: Gives you full armor plus (%d, %d or %d) at the start of the round.

\
Mana Shield: Any damage you take from enemies, except a kill shot, is reduced by (%d%%, %d%%, %d%%)

\
Bloodlust: Adds (%d, %d or %d) damage to each bullet. Movement speed of enemy is also reduced temporarily.

\
Ultimate, Shadowstrike: Emits a powerful damaging force at an enemy in your sights"
format(message,2047,message,p_crimsonarmor[0] ,p_crimsonarmor[1],p_crimsonarmor[2],floatrou nd(p_manashield[0]*100),floatround(p_manashie ld[1]*100),floatround(p_manashield[2]*100),p_ bloodlust[0],p_bloodlust[1],p_bloodlust[2])
}
else if (p_skills[id][0]==6){
format(title,63,"%s Skills",racename[7])
message = "<HTML><head></head><pre><body bgcolor=#000000><font color=#FFB000>Silent Run: Gives you a chance at being silent with no footsteps. (%d%%, %d%% or %d%%)

\
Regeneration: You regenerate health if you are below the limit. (%d, %d or %d hp)

\
Berserk: Adds %d damage to each of your shots if your health is below the limit. (%d, %d or %d hp)

\
Ultimate, Healing Wand: Allies near you, and yourself, are regenerated for %d health. You gain an extra 5."
format(message,2047,message,floatround(p_sile nce[0]*100),floatround(p_silence[1]*100),floa tround(p_silence[2]*100),p_regen[0],p_regen[1 ],p_regen[2],p_berserkdamage, p_berserk[0],p_berserk[1],p_berserk[2], HEALINGWAND_HEALTH*5)
}
else if (p_skills[id][0]==7){
format(title,63,"%s Skills",racename[6])
message = "<HTML><head></head><pre><body bgcolor=#000000><font color=#FFB000>Grenade Sack: Gives you grenades (%d, %d or %d) each round..

\
Mithril Armor: Any damage you take from enemies will be reduced (%d, %d, or %d), unless the damage is less than that amount plus 5.

\
Extended Ammunition: Adds (%d, %d or %d) bullets to each of your weapon clips.

\
Ultimate, Avatar: Gives you godmode for %d seconds."
format(message,2047,message,p_grenades[0],p_g renades[1],p_grenades[2],p_mitharmor[0],p_mit harmor[1],p_mitharmor[2],p_ammoclip[0],p_ammo clip[1],p_ammoclip[2],floatround(AVATAR_DURAT ION))
}
else if (p_skills[id][0]==8){
format(title,63,"%s Skills",racename[8])
message = "<HTML><head></head><pre><body bgcolor=#000000><font color=#FFB000>Ice Shards: You have a chance (%d%%, %d%%, or %d%%) of dealing 100%% mirror damage.

\
Terror: You have a chance (%d%%, %d%%, or %d%%) of darkening your enemies screen when you shoot them.

\
Frost Armor: You have a chance (%d%%, %d%%, or %d%%) of adding the amount of damage you dealt to your armor.

\
Ultimate, Frost Nova: All enemies within range are drasticly slowed for %d seconds."
format(message,2047,message,floatround(p_ices hards[0]*100),floatround(p_iceshards[1]*100), floatround(p_iceshards[2]*100),floatround(p_t error[0]*100),floatround(p_terror[1]*100),flo atround(p_terror[2]*100),floatround(p_frostar mor[0]*100),floatround(p_frostarmor[1]*100),f loatround(p_frostarmor[2]*100),FROSTNOVA_DURA TION)

v3x
03-30-2005, 18:01
Dopefish WC3 .

This one
Then what are those new races? :?

RAW_OmarBKhatab
03-30-2005, 18:07
Dopefish WC3 .

This one
Then what are those new races? :?

Download the warcraft3.cfg and there is a CVR that lets you enable New 3 Races, total 8. Four races on by default. Blood elf is race #5, but its not a new race for dopefish war3.

New races are beta still and do not have web folder and images/sprites for them.

I see you have WC3:FT. This beta WC3XP-dopefish-ferret
is still much better than WC3:FT :P Look at my sig, the proof is there.... [We moved server,changed IP, sig images was taken before the move, last month]

v3x
03-30-2005, 18:11
Oh okay.. I was in your server and asked what WC3 version this was, and they were like 'rawcs' and yea.. Lol, thanks..

PS: No more shopmenu2? :|

RAW_OmarBKhatab
03-30-2005, 18:16
Oh okay.. I was in your server and asked what WC3 version this was, and they were like 'rawcs' and yea.. Lol, thanks..

PS: No more shopmenu2? :|

You expect ppl to say this: WC3XP-dopefish-ferret long name in a game server?

We are used to call it WC3XP-RAWCS since we had to edit wc3xp-dopefish for amx099 after dopefish stopped supporting it. We were like the 2/3 server online with amx099 and WC3-dopefish.

I still have the WC3-fixed-updated for amx099 but, amx099 does not support our new server RHEL4. So, now we are in amxmodx and thanks to ferret for giving life to the "best*" WC3 mod.

* its an opinion.

[And our server community, regulars about 500-1000 hates shopmenu2 ]

v3x
03-30-2005, 18:21
Hmm, I don't see any cvars for new races..

RAW_OmarBKhatab
03-30-2005, 21:31
Bug report: tested with amxmodx 1.01 on Linux RHEL4

Terrorists have two bombs!

If an ORC player had bomb last round, on random he respawns with the BOMB nextround but some one else also has a bomb!

War3 version used:

Revision 2.188 / (view) - annotate - [select for diffs] , Sun Mar 13 02:55:16 2005 UTC (2 weeks, 2 days ago) by ferret Branch: MAIN --!>
Changes since 2.187: +857 -0 lines
Diff to previous 2.187
This revision added a config variable, NEW_DAMAGEEVENT.
It is off by default. This reverts us back to the original damage_event() function.
The old damage_event() has been fixed to treat dwarf avatar correctly.

I think this is the build where it broke:

Revision 2.167 / (view) - annotate - [select for diffs] , Wed Jan 19 00:34:01 2005 UTC (2 months, 1 week ago) by ferret Branch: MAIN --!>
Changes since 2.166: +70 -36 lines
Diff to previous 2.166
AMXX 1.0 bug fix for orc/ankt reincarnation. Bug fixes for VAULT saving (Str_to_num problems). Bug fixes for end of year pruning for VAULT and file saving.

RAW_OmarBKhatab
03-30-2005, 21:33
Bug report:

L 03/30/2005 - 06:05:25: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (index out of bounds) on line 6025 (file "warcraft3.sma").

// ferret - Code for Expanded Races
#if EXPANDED_RACES
public bloodelf_givearmor(parm[2])
{
new id = parm[0]

if(is_user_alive(id))
{
give_item(id,"item_assaultsuit")
new currentarmor = get_user_armor(id)
set_user_armor(id ,currentarmor + p_crimsonarmor[p_skills[id][1]-1]) }

return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

Its this line:

set_user_armor(id ,currentarmor + p_crimsonarmor[p_skills[id][1]-1])

War3 version used:

Revision 2.188 / (view) - annotate - [select for diffs] , Sun Mar 13 02:55:16 2005 UTC (2 weeks, 2 days ago) by ferret Branch: MAIN --!>
Diff to previous 2.187
It is off by default. This reverts us back to the original damage_event() function.

RAW_OmarBKhatab
03-30-2005, 21:39
L 03/30/2005 - 08:52:18: [AMXX] Run time error 25 (parameter error) on line 1355 (file "warcraft3.sma").

#if OBJECTIVE_XP_PRINT
#if LANG_ENG
client_print(id,print_chat, "[WC3] %s gained %d XP for assinating %s the VIP.",sName,sNameVIP)
#endif
#if LANG_GER
client_print(id,print_chat, "[WC3] %s bekam %d XP fuer das toeten von %s den VIP.",sName,sNameVIP)
#endif
#if LANG_FRE
client_print(id,print_chat, "[WC3] %s a gagne %d XP pour avoir assassine le VIP %s.",sName,sNameVIP)
#endif
#endif

displaylevel(id, 1)

Its this line:

client_print(id,print_chat, "[WC3] %s gained %d XP for assinating %s the VIP.",sName,sNameVIP)

correction Should be ?

client_print(0,print_chat, "[WC3] %s gained %d XP for assinating %s the VIP.",sName,sNameVIP)

OR ?

client_print(player[i],print_chat, "[WC3] %s gained %d XP for assinating %s the VIP.",sName,sNameVIP)

War3 version used:

Diff to previous 2.187

ferret
03-30-2005, 21:44
Please note:

The latest CVS fixes MySQL problems. When the last stable version of WC3 "Dopefish" was released, AMXX 0.20 was out. The CVS wasn't updated for AMXX 1.0, and now has been. We NO LONGER SUPPORT AMX at all. Please note that. The latest CVS will ONLY work with AMXX.

The latest CVS contains an update to the VAULT code! Once you install it, your vault will be converted to the new format automatically. The larger your vault, the longer this takes! Your server will not be accessible until it completes. THIS WILL ONLY HAPPENS ONCE, NEVER FEAR. (This fixes problems with SAVE_WITH_IP)

Terrorists having two bombs: I'm aware of this, will be fixed soon. A result of the fix that corrected the "dropping weapons in front of player" problem.

Runtime errors in bloodelf_givearmor: Will fix soon, just needs a check for is_connected().

Blood Elf and Expanded Races: This will stay the way it is, sorry :( .. Blood Elf was NOT part of the original WC3 mod made by Spacedude, and as such was removed from the non-expanded race code to give you an "Original mode" and "Expanded mode"

Shopmenu2: Never been a part of Dopefish WC3, you're thinking Frozen Throne.

Runtime errors: My debugging has indicated that most of these are coming from the chain lightning code. AMXX has much better debugging than AMX, so most server operators are just now seeing this as they switch over. I believe this bug has existed for a long time, and will be fixing soon.

Runtime error from VIP Objective code: I'll have to research, first time reported. I have NOT altered this code, so this bug may have existed a long time, another instance of AMX having crappy debugging so no one noticed till now.

As a note: I check this forum some what infrequently. The BEST way to contact me concerning bugs is to go here, our official support forums:

http://www.insanejustice.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Please check this thread for bugs I'm currently aware of.. Please do not add to this thread, just use it for reference:
http://www.insanejustice.com/forum/showthread.php?p=84488

ferret
03-30-2005, 22:04
Also, FYI:

I'm lead developer of the plugin at this time. Dopefish is currently not working on the code.

v3x
03-30-2005, 22:27
Its this line:

correction Should be ?

client_print(0,print_chat, "[WC3] %s gained %d XP for assinating %s the VIP.",sName,sNameVIP)

OR ?

client_print(player[i],print_chat, "[WC3] %s gained %d XP for assinating %s the VIP.",sName,sNameVIP)
Assassinating*? heh..

Could you give me a direct link to that config or whatever that you were talking about earlier?

RAW_OmarBKhatab
03-31-2005, 05:12
Assassinating*? heh..

I did not add the code. I copied and pasted from the source.

Could you give me a direct link to that config or whatever that you were talking about earlier?

warcraft3.cfg
http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/src/examples/warcraft3.cfg?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

warcraft3.sma
http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/src/examples/warcraft3.sma?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

v3x
04-01-2005, 17:11
Awesome, thanks :D. Hopefully I can sort of implement my own shopmenu2, as I will miss it :(.

ferret
04-01-2005, 17:14
Awesome, thanks :D. Hopefully I can sort of implement my own shopmenu2, as I will miss it :(.

shopmenu2 has NEVER EXISTED in this plugin. Shopmenu2 is part of WC3 Frozen Throne mod.

v3x
04-01-2005, 17:21
Yea, I know.. I'm just saying because I currently have WC3:FT. And I already know the original doesn't have it.

ferret
04-04-2005, 17:59
Small CVS update tonight, to fix two minor bugs from the big update two days ago.

phoenix18
05-01-2005, 02:45
umm...i feel like a n00b :( , where do i out the plug-ins so i can use them please help coz im very lost in a giant jungle =S

ferret
05-02-2005, 16:57
Should be noted:

I hope to release Version 2.6 of the Warcraft 3 plugin in the next month, pending how busy RL gets.

spudz
05-31-2005, 17:03
I keep getting a bad load on my plugin the module seems to be ok
Can anyone help me?

spudz
05-31-2005, 17:27
i have the plugin working but the XP isnt working and it asks you to choose your race every round

AngryMouse
06-02-2005, 07:44
Go to http://www.war3ft.org/ and use that version on your server.

m1938mauser
06-02-2005, 15:54
Cool its much better now and I like the new race too ! keep up the good work ! :D

m1938mauser
06-02-2005, 17:56
umm everything is good but I kinda cant hear some sounds, like door opening or when i die the guy doesnt moan... and I dont mean my speakers are closed..lol :D

ferret
06-09-2005, 23:04
Please do not post a link to WC3FT here. This is a seperate plugin. There are four plugins currently that are based off the original WC3. Geesu has his own thread for his version.

If you downloaded the 2.5 version this thread was originally for, you'll have to recompile it to get it to work correctly with the current version of AMXX.

When 2.6 is released, that issue will go away.

SuperMan911
06-21-2005, 16:06
I never wud he thought a plugin could be so good. I would even by this plugin for $20!!!!!!!!! DopeFish, you made my day :)

[]D [] []v[] []D
07-28-2005, 22:47
theres too many files and there all confusing can someone help me

ferret
07-29-2005, 10:50
Do not use this version. This is the old version 2.5 that was made back in AMXX 0.20

Go here for version 2.6 which was made for AMXX 1.0 and above:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=15345