PDA

View Full Version : Possible to write a native that searches pvPrivateData ?

Geesu
03-31-2004, 19:22
Is this possible, so that way we don't have to guess as to what each offsets do, because I keep getting runtime errors (most likely bc the offsets that i'm looking for don't exist).

BAILOPAN
03-31-2004, 19:30
this would have a one time use and is not very helpful.

why can't you just use the get_offset* commands?

either way JGHG has noticed that the offset commands are totally broken in 0.16. for a number of reasons all offset code will be totally redone for 0.20

Geesu
03-31-2004, 19:33
Ok I'll hold off til the next version

MagicShot
03-31-2004, 20:26
Bail: I also Will await new 0.2 version because I wanna get started with learn this also.. :twisted:

BAILOPAN
03-31-2004, 20:46
if people are wondering what's broken:

pvprivatedata cannot be accessed until clients are fully initialized and in game. to prevent plugins from accidentally crashing the server there needs to be checks in place for both bots and clients, and it is silly to reimplement those checks in every module that access private data.

in order to get around this the 0.2 module API will allow us to hook the AMXx core to see if players are initialized correctly.

to attempt this in 0.16 I made a trivial hack of hooking PutInServer and setting a pvPrivateData "enabled" flag, but sadly, I never actually hooked the function in metamod so get_offset will always fail in 0.16

MagicShot
03-31-2004, 21:28
Ahh ic thanx for the update bail.. makes sense now why it doesn't work.. We'll when 0.2 comes out I want to learn how to do this.. :D