PDA

View Full Version : How do I syncronize server map cycle with amx mod x map...

Lucas
03-31-2004, 17:58
So, my amx mod x says nextmap is X map but the server uses another, how can I do to fix this?

DoubleTap
03-31-2004, 18:12
Are you using the built in map changer ?

Vic/DT

BigBaller
03-31-2004, 19:16
So, my amx mod x says nextmap is X map but the server uses another, how can I do to fix this?

That is problay because you have the default map chooser plugin enabled inside of the plugins.ini

go to the plugins.ini and comment or remove mapchooser.amx

then AMXX will run off of your mapcycle.txt

Lucas
03-31-2004, 19:37
I want to disable the servers map cycle. I want to use AMX Mod X as the map controler and that.

BigBaller
03-31-2004, 19:45
I want to disable the servers map cycle. I want to use AMX Mod X as the map controler and that.

Ok getting back to the orignal topic

AMXX says that "X map" is the next map because it reads from the mapcylce.txt

I dont really know a fix on that one but disabling a plugin that creates that message (which i forgot off the top of my head)

shady
04-01-2004, 05:00
If you are using additional maps, I mean not only that 20 included in CS, but also downloaded from the net then: make a copy of your "maps" folder, uninstall your CS, then reinstall it, reinstall amxmod x, and then bring your old "maps" folder into your new cstrike directory, open your "maps.ini" and add all your "additional" maps names. Run your server. Join it. Set "mp_timelimit 2.4", and wait if you hear "It's time to choose" and see "Choose a map", then you can Thank me :D .

DoubleTap
04-01-2004, 10:27
Thats the worst advise I have seen here shady... If you can't help dont chime in. If he would give us real information he could easily be helped. Either he broke his mapcycle by changing maps and this starts or something equally easy to fix or he is not asking his question properly.

Is the "next map" staying the same ? How many maps in your mapcycle ? Does the "nextmap" always show the wrong next map or only after playing certain maps ?

Vic/DT

shady
04-01-2004, 10:54
More simple, less helpful: just look at your "maps.ini". Write every mapname in a separate line.

P.S.: Include all your additional maps, I mean awp, fy, ka, he...

Lucas
04-01-2004, 16:24
I'm using Natural-Selection v3.0 Beta 3 game...

Lucas
04-01-2004, 16:25
This is the exact problem. While we are playing you say nextmap and it shows you the nextmap but then when its time to change it changes to another map and then the nextmap is wrong again, that's how it goes...

devicenull
04-01-2004, 17:09
Your problem is minplayers/maxplayers in the NS config file
Theres no easy way to do it

DoubleTap
04-01-2004, 17:36
I was gonna have him ask you Null... but you just confused me :) I dont know NS but curious how maxplayers messes with mapcycle. Now having never played I admit total ignorance...

Vic/DT

devicenull
04-01-2004, 17:44
The NS mapcycle has options that skip over certain maps if there is less then a number of players.
This way the server goes to maps that attract players (The second gametype) - and goes to maps with more players, when players join (The first gametype)
So hlds is going to one map, because of the amount of players, but AmxX thinks its going to the next map in the file, instead of checking the player number

DoubleTap
04-01-2004, 17:46
Ah ha... Ok, I have seen that built into map changers but not the mod... Thanks for the info...

Vic/DT

shady
04-02-2004, 03:40
I'm using Natural-Selection v3.0 Beta 3 game...
Lucas, man, I meant CS v1.5