PDA

View Full Version : [DoDS]Bonus Round Fun v1.13

strontiumdog
06-03-2008, 22:06
The bonus round can be a slap in the face when, after a long hard battle, defenceless losing players get gunned down, with no weapons to defend themselves!
Dog's Bonus Round plugin allows the losing team to hide, as they turn into random objects and try to blend in....hoping the winning team pass them by.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!

This is a conversion from my EventScripts plugin.

Servers running this plugin (http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=dog_bonus_round&type=variable)

Retsam has provided many additions and improvements to the plugin.

Installation

Copy dog_bonus_round.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins

Configuration

sv_bonus_round_third_person <0 | 1> - default: 1

If enabled, players are given a third person view of themselves which can help them blend in, better.

Changelog
Version 1.07
SourceMod release.

Version 1.08
+ Fixed the bad ragdoll problem by making players return to the normal model if they get shot or killed.
+ Added 8 more models
+ Fixed a bug where dead players were included in the model change routine

Version 1.09
+Fixed a bug where players who get returned to their normal model, assume the "Jesus position". Players are given a pistol.

Version 1.10
Plugin edited by retsam (http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=41394)
- Config is auto-created by plugin(plugin.propbonusround.cfg). Because of the cvars, this makes life a little easier.
- I removed some of his original models I did not like personally. These were some of the larger more obscene ones such as all the vehicles, boat, huge rock, large tree's etc... If its a problem, its fairly easy for someone to copy and paste from the original back. Just change the model count as well... The model count is now 26 instead of the orginal 33 if that matters.....
- Added many cvars for more control. Cvars to enable/disable plugin, to force thirdperson on players, enable client triggers, and removing models on hit. Note: By default, I have disabled removal of prop on hit and force thirdperson view. Some may want these enabled by default, so youd have to change them.
- Added cvar for client controlled SM triggers for thirdperson. The triggers only work on the losing team (props) and only during bonus round.
- Removed the code for stripping weapons. I think the reason for this was to make sure the weapons dont show up on prop'd players. Instead, I decided to make them invisible so you dont have to worry giving them back a 'pistol' when their model is set back. Also, if SM was old or offsets were ever changed before server could restart, that would crash the server.
- Various other small changes that arnt worth talking about......

Version 1.11
- I found a problem related to the regconsolecmd code in the plugin. Looks like it kept duplicating itself on map changes. My bad. It is now fixed, but you wont be able to change the triggers(not that you should be anyways) until a plugin-reload happens. Ill have to figure out a smarter way to recode that...
- Cleaned up a bit of unnecessary code.
- Added a centertext msg for model name.

Version 1.12
-Added admin only & flag cvars. Now able to set it for admins only.(will need to delete previous config to get updated cvars.)

Version 1.13
-Fixed Thirdperson

Screenshots
This piano has just lost the round!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/dod_avalanche0001.jpg

The flower pot on the right is a soldier......

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/dod_tiger_source_b40001.jpg

INsane_dod
06-04-2008, 03:26
All righty then... dog in the house!

Will try it out on linux and report back!

franzcis066
06-04-2008, 04:58
Cool ThirdPerson!

Mosalar
06-04-2008, 05:48
/me cheers!

strontiumdog
06-04-2008, 11:06
All righty then... dog in the house!

Will try it out on linux and report back!

rofl!
Hi INsane!

We've been running it for the last couple of days on our DoDSBeta linux server and it's been very stable

Banjo Boy
06-05-2008, 12:55
Dude I love it, how you made it go thirdperson. How are you able to do that? I've been looking for a plugin that allows you to go thirdperson by typing /thirdperson for sourcemod for awhile.

strontiumdog
06-05-2008, 13:43
The trouble with thirdperson is when you change observer mode, you can't change weapons...you keep your primary.
The crosshairs also remain but at least the gun shoots where the crosshairs are!

Another problem is with TF2. If you change observer mode, and then turn off the model drawing (to get rid of the gun on screen), the player model often disappears as well. It works better in DoDS and CSS.

This is why I was asking about trying to find the handle of a player in the Scripting forum.
In Eventscripts there is a command that lets you find the handle of a player. This is very useful as it tags which weapon belongs to which player. It is also useful when setting thirdperson so you set the observer target to the player handle.

As I'm relatively new to SourceMod, I was wondering if such a command existed...

Anyway, the bonus round plugin is a good application of third person...it's fun running down the street as a flowerpot, trying to find a hiding place and watching the enemy run past. As DoDS' bonus round only lasts 15 seconds, it adds a 15 secs of fun!

disconnect81
06-15-2008, 20:09
Very happy to see this as the ES version always caused me problems. I hope this one is smooth hehe.

One request, it would be awesome to be able to choose whether or not it goes to 3rd person or 1st person.

Thanks & GJ!

strontiumdog
06-15-2008, 20:15
Very happy to see this as the ES version always caused me problems. I hope this one is smooth hehe.

One request, it would be awesome to be able to choose whether or not it goes to 3rd person or 1st person.

Thanks & GJ!

You mean per player?
Or as a variable for the server?

The server one is done (sv_bonus_round_third_person <1 or 0>) - but I could look at doing one per player....

disconnect81
06-15-2008, 22:51
sv_bonus_round_third_person <1 or 0> is EXACTLY what i meant lol. Awesome job!

disconnect81
06-16-2008, 09:37
Hey guys,

Shortly after adding this plugin, my server begins to crash. It did so twice last night. I have attached the memory dump files, hopefully someone can find out the problem as I would LOVE to keep this on my server :)

Cheers,

Disconnect

strontiumdog
06-16-2008, 16:38
Lemme take a look and see, disconnect81.
We've been running it on our server for the last month with no crashes, but ours is a Linux server....

What other plugins are you running?
Which version of SM?

disconnect81
06-16-2008, 19:41
Lemme take a look and see, disconnect81.
We've been running it on our server for the last month with no crashes, but ours is a Linux server....

What other plugins are you running?
Which version of SM?

19:38:32 SourceMod Version Information:
SourceMod Version: 1.0.2.2236
JIT Version: JIT (x86), 1.0.2.2207
JIT Settings: Generic i686
http://www.sourcemod.net/

19:37:35 [SM] Listing 38 plugins:
01 "Admin File Reader" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Help" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Menu" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Advertisements" (0.3) by Tsunami
05 "Anti-Flood" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Basic Chat" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Comm Control" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Commands" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Basic Votes" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "DoD Medic" (1.1) by Tsunami
12 "dog_bonus_round" (1.07SM) by <eVa>Dog
13 "Fun Commands" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
14 "Fun Votes" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "HLstatsX Plugin" (2.3) by Tobi17
16 "High Ping Kicker" (1.1) by Liam
17 "IRC Relay - Admin Commands Module" (2.0.0) by Olly
18 "IRC Relay - Auth Module" (2.0.1) by Olly
19 "IRC Relay - Bacon" (2.0.1) by Olly
20 "IRC Relay - Base Commands" (2.0.1) by Olly
21 "IRC Relay - Game Players" (2.0.1) by Olly
22 "IRC Relay - Relay Module" (2.0.1) by Olly
23 "IRC Relay - Game Info Module" (2.0.1) by Olly
24 "IRC Relay - Core Plugin" (2.0.1) by Olly
25 "IRC Relay - Steam Community" (2.0.1) by Olly
26 "MapChooser" (1.0.0.1946) by AlliedModders LLC
27 "Nextmap" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
28 "SlapSlay Commands" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
29 "RandomCycle" (1.0.1.2138) by AlliedModders LLC
30 "RateChecker" (0.2) by pRED*
31 "Reserved Slots" (1.0.2.2236) by AlliedModders LLC
32 "Rock The Vote" (1.0.0.1946) by AlliedModders LLC
33 "SourceBans" (1.1.0) by SteamFriends Development Team
34 "SourceBans Sample Plugin" (1.0.0 RC2) by SteamFriends Development Team
35 "TeamSwitch" (1.3) by MistaGee
36 "Weapon Logging" (2.1) by Tobi17
37 "Web Shortcuts" (1.0.1) by James "sslice" Gray
38 "Map Rate" (0.9) by Ryan "FLOOR_MASTER" Mannion

strontiumdog
06-17-2008, 00:15
One thing I should mention, is that DoDS is very unstable when changing models and is way less forgiving than CSS. I guess this may be the reason why model changing in TF2 is so hard.

Just as a reference, we run ours with SourceMod 1.1.0.2222 and I have to say I have been impressed with the stability of SM.

Try it without the third person and see if it helps.

In the meantime, I'll try and make my server crash!
:D

disconnect81
06-17-2008, 07:59
I recieved a message this morning that the crashes only seem to be happening when it's on the way to a custom (non-valve) map and the server is pretty busy.

I am using first person view on my server

INsane_dod
06-18-2008, 02:26
Running ok on SourceMod -1.1.0-r2255 Linux, lovin' it dog!

disconnect81
06-18-2008, 09:25
Removed from my server, crashes have stopped. Hopefully you find something useful in those dumps :(

Mosalar
06-23-2008, 09:57
Hey Dog, I'm having crashes with this as well. on the linux server when a round is won, it hard crashes with nothing in the log, although this did hit my client console on the crash, Error Index File for 'props_foliae\bramble001a.mdl' checksum 996790988 should be 2120359408
Error Index File for 'props_foliage/tree_deciduous_02a.mdl' checksum 589725369 should be -176532801

On the windows dedi, it gives this error as it crashes.Bad entity in IndexOfEdict() index 69286122 pEdict 63697265 sv.edicts 10D10010

Help? :-)

strontiumdog
06-23-2008, 10:14
I have no idea where those two models came from - they are not in the script ...lol

Most of the models in the script are selected for their stability. There are many other models that we have experimented with - for example I have memories of a whole army of toilets coming up the beach on Strand as I was testing...but the toilet model was unstable.

The bad edict is one I'll look at on a Windows server...

Mosalar
06-23-2008, 10:25
I have no idea where those two models came from - they are not in the script ...lol

Those two must be in the map and have nothing to do with this.. I never even checked, my bad.

strontiumdog
06-23-2008, 11:34
It's like I said earlier. It's a case of YMMV.
DoDS is (compared to CSS) a very unstable platform to script for. Changing the players' models is just asking for it. Other plugins may be messing with it. I know on our server, it's a basic SM setup with sm_dod_pistols and this one. I've seen a few of the 32 players servers out there, running this with no crashes at all...So it's very hard to debug!

The Eventscripts version is way more unstable than the SM one.

But I will go through the code and see if I need to set any other props. One thing that has always happened. When a transformed player gets shot, he disappears, since a table or a piano has no ragdoll. This may be part of the whole problem...
Maybe, on a player hurt event, the player's model could get changed back to what it was....

colwulf
07-06-2008, 00:38
this Plugin dose not seem to work with the new DOD:s Update that came out this last Wensday... HELP~~~!!!!!!~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!

strontiumdog
07-07-2008, 00:33
Hmmmm...will take a look at it and see if I can get it working again.

FLOOR_MASTER
07-07-2008, 01:27
This is related to this bug report I filed: http://bugs.alliedmods.net/index.php?do=details&task_id=1829

strontiumdog
07-07-2008, 01:38
Thanks FM..

disconnect81
07-12-2008, 14:33
Still broke?

Lebson506th
07-12-2008, 14:46
Works fine on my server.

74.86.201.184:27015

B!ggles
07-14-2008, 20:02
I ran the es version of this mod on my 2 linux servers for over 12 months without any probs before the new update. It has been the most popular plugin ever (thanks Dog) and so I was a bit worried it would be broken by the new DOD:s update. It isn't. I updated my eventscripts to version 2, reinstalled the plugin and hey presto - it's a ripper!!!!! Completely stable and the punters love it! The bonus round version I'm running is 1.07.

I'm gonna give this version a go instead, to see if there's any diff

BTW I run the es version 1.0.100 of dogs_pistols as well - works great :up:

strontiumdog
07-15-2008, 19:47
AFAIK it is still working really well.

Just as an FYI, Biggles, the SourceMod version seems to be more stable, but then YMMV!

B!ggles
07-17-2008, 17:52
Aarrghh! I think I've turned n00b. I can't get the SM version to work Dog and I think it's got something to do with the cvar - I reckon I haven't typed it in correctly in my autoexec.cfg file....

I know you have posted the config before but there are two in this forum and they are both different, one says <1 and the other says >1. Can you please post the correct one again so all I have to do is copy and paste to enable it?

Yeah I know, lame but I love this plugin and I want it to work :)

strontiumdog
07-17-2008, 20:13
Just add

sv_bonus_round_third_person 0

to your server.cfg!

Then drag the .smx into the sourcemod/plugins directory.

The beauty of SM over ES, is that there is no adding to autoexec.cfg. If it is in the plugins directory, it'll load up.

B!ggles
07-17-2008, 20:20
Thanks Dog :) I had it all correct apart from the 0. I'm gonna replace my pistols plugin too now that you have updated it. I took the ES version off my servers after the update and almost had a muntiny on my hands :grrr:

strontiumdog
07-17-2008, 20:28
:D

I started on SourceMod after ES went to Python and aWuh's ES_Tools stopped working on DoDS, even prior to the OrangeBox upgrade. I gave up because I had 20-something plugins that all had to be converted.

What I like about SourceMod is that is has always been Pawn (which I know from AMX plugins I used to write) and Pawn hasn't changed in syntax much.

So I feel bad for anyone wanting any of my plugins to run under ES, now, because they simply won't work. My fault for relying on ES_Tools....
I will never write a plugin that relies on a third party plugin, again.

MaKTaiL
07-28-2008, 07:42
Is there a way for you to create a plugin like the Hidden Plugin for DOS:S???

The gameplay is all about chasing the props. Do you think you can do this?

strontiumdog
08-31-2008, 00:22
Needed a long overdue update!

Version 1.08
+ Fixed the bad ragdoll problem by making players return to the normal model if they get shot or killed.
+ Added 8 more models
+ Fixed a bug where dead players were included in the model change routine

Version 1.09
+Fixed a bug where players who get returned to their normal model, assume the "Jesus position". Players are given a pistol.

Lebson506th
08-31-2008, 08:13
Awesome =)

mexicanbob
09-07-2008, 04:04
hmm...i believe i did everything required to get this working, yet it doesn't...

i copied the file to the plugins folder
i added sv_bonus_round_third_person 0
i restarted the server multiple times
i verified that the plugin was loaded, using hlsw
yet at round's end, the models don't change

is there something i missed?

the server's running sourcemod 1.03 btw...

Lebson506th
09-07-2008, 08:52
hmm...i believe i did everything required to get this working, yet it doesn't...

i copied the file to the plugins folder
i added sv_bonus_round_third_person 0
i restarted the server multiple times
i verified that the plugin was loaded, using hlsw
yet at round's end, the models don't change

is there something i missed?

the server's running sourcemod 1.03 btw...

DoD:S doesn't like 1.0.3.

Try 1.1.0

mexicanbob
09-10-2008, 23:52
DoD:S doesn't like 1.0.3.

Try 1.1.0

i heard 1.1.0 is technically "unstable." won't that cause future problems?

strontiumdog
09-11-2008, 00:07
Nope. It's been superbly stable for all our servers running SM....
And what is even better....SM is more stable than a certain other Python based language - at least for my mods anyway.

Pulsar1
09-11-2008, 09:00
Version 1.09

I use your [DODS] Pistols UPDATED July 15, 2008 (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=642324)
Make it any Problems, if i update to 1.09?

I use Version 1.7 - I don't know can i update to 1.09 because "Players are given a pistol" :?

Greets

Pulsar

strontiumdog
09-11-2008, 09:20
It will be no problem.
It's in the Bonus Round, so when the new round restarts, all the weapons are reset anyway. Besides, the losers can't use the pistol anyway. It's just to stop them adopting the "Jesus position"

mexicanbob
09-11-2008, 18:44
is there a specific version of sm 1.1 you suggest?

strontiumdog
09-11-2008, 19:42
As far as I know, and some better informed people may say otherwise, but the current version works fine. I haven't tried it as our servers run 1.1.0.r2423.

Cain
05-07-2009, 07:47
I installed this plugin and my guys LOVE IT !! Great work.

Is that third person view server crash mentioned earlier in this thread fixed, or can I set that cvar set to "1".

sv_bonus_round_third_person 1 ??

Thanks !!

strontiumdog
05-07-2009, 09:28
No crashes at all.

Cain
05-07-2009, 12:27
Terrific Thanks Dog !!

retsam
02-11-2010, 19:15
Ver 1.10:

I have recoded this plugin a bit. I just saw it recently and liked the plugin idea for the "lols" and thought it could use a little more functionality.

Changes in my 1.10:
- Config is auto-created by plugin(plugin.propbonusround.cfg). Because of the cvars, this makes life a little easier.

- I removed some of his original models I did not like personally. These were some of the larger more obscene ones such as all the vehicles, boat, huge rock, large tree's etc... If its a problem, its fairly easy for someone to copy and paste from the original back. Just change the model count as well... The model count is now 26 instead of the orginal 33 if that matters.....

- Added many cvars for more control. Cvars to enable/disable plugin, to force thirdperson on players, enable client triggers, and removing models on hit. Note: By default, I have disabled removal of prop on hit and force thirdperson view. Some may want these enabled by default, so youd have to change them.

- Added cvar for client controlled SM triggers for thirdperson. The triggers only work on the losing team (props) and only during bonus round.

- Removed the code for stripping weapons. I think the reason for this was to make sure the weapons dont show up on prop'd players. Instead, I decided to make them invisible so you dont have to worry giving them back a 'pistol' when their model is set back. Also, if SM was old or offsets were ever changed before server could restart, that would crash the server.

- Various other small changes that arnt worth talking about......

PS: I have not tested this on a full working server yet, hopefully its good to go.

<file removed due to updated version below>

retsam
02-21-2010, 13:46
Update v1.11

- I found a problem related to the regconsolecmd code in the plugin. Looks like it kept duplicating itself on map changes. My bad. It is now fixed, but you wont be able to change the triggers(not that you should be anyways) until a plugin-reload happens. Ill have to figure out a smarter way to recode that...

- Cleaned up a bit of unnecessary code.
- Added a centertext msg for model name.

<file removed due to update below>

GRAN_FS
02-22-2010, 22:06
Thanks a lot.:)

retsam
02-25-2010, 19:34
Update v1.12

-Added admin only & flag cvars. Now able to set it for admins only.(will need to delete previous config to get updated cvars.)

Default flag set to "b". (generic admin)

sm_propbonus_adminonly "0" //Enable plugin for admins only? (1/0 = yes/no)
sm_propbonus_flag "b" //Admin flag to use if adminonly is enabled (only one). Must be a in char format.

Thats it. :P

Spenat
06-01-2010, 06:43
hi i have problem with this one .. i want 3rd person after round is over but always players are 1st person till they type "!third " i try add sv_bonus_round_third_person "1" to my server.cfg but nothing happens. some advice?

retsam
06-01-2010, 14:25
Youd put sm_propbonus_forcethird "1". The cvar is in its config already too, you shouldnt be messing with the server.cfg.

sv_bonus_round_third_person "1" was from Dogs older version. If youre using my version, thats gone.. Its sm_propbonus_forcethird "1" to force thirdperson on them in bonus round. sm_propbonus_allowtriggers "1" to allow triggers for clients.

This plugin probably needs a quick update too. I notice a couple things that need fixing.

retsam
06-01-2010, 14:48
Update v1.13:

- Thirdperson hasnt worked exactly as it should have. Been meaning to fix this for a while. Should work perfect now.

- Fixed some incorrect post hook callbacks.

- Made a few other minor changes.

Spenat
06-02-2010, 15:04
thanks for update but 3rd person still not work till i put throught rcon to console sm_propbonus_forcethird "1" but this is solution only for 1 round .. what i do wrang? i put smx and sp to right folder and restart server but ... i try put it on srerver.cfg but not happens.. im newbie in this stuff thx for help

retsam
06-02-2010, 15:51
Umm, you gotta change the cvar in the plugins config... cfg/sourcemod/plugin.propbonusround.cfg

Again, you shouldnt be using server.cfg for sm stuff...

DrSilence
08-22-2010, 07:07
<b>Update v1.13:</b><br />
<br />
- Thirdperson hasnt worked exactly as it should have. Been meaning to fix this for a while. Should work perfect now.<br />
<br />
- Fixed some incorrect post hook callbacks.<br />
<br />
- Made a few other minor changes.

This Plugin dosnt run on my server :(
13:05:10 [SM] Plugin dog_bonus_round.smx failed to load: Unable to open file.
Linux
Metamod:Source version 1.8.3
SourceMod Version: 1.3.4

Rom1
01-09-2013, 14:02
Third person is not working anymore since last update.
Other players see you just right (disguised) but you can't see yourself (invisible maybe ?).

Do you any idea how to fix it ?

garfin
02-03-2014, 21:01
Plugin works well except for a minor bug.....Sometimes the third person view is from a location nowhere near your model and you can't see it to control it.

Also, another modification would be to make the winning team change to objects instead so that the losing team is being hunted down by boxes, pianos etc... How could that be done ?

micmacx
04-26-2023, 12:28
A small update following the evolution of the sourcemod language.