PDA

View Full Version : Can't get plugin: AMX_EJL_MISSILES.amxx to work properly..

0mega
10-30-2004, 17:10
Check my last post for a new problem lol....

johnjg75
10-30-2004, 17:18
ok dude, this is an amx plugin, if you want it in amxx, ask for it to be ported... read stickies before you post, you cant just use amx plugins n use them with amxx, someone has to port them...
:comply:

0mega
10-30-2004, 18:28
Well according to OTHER sources, ANY amx plugin SHOULD work on AMXX... but yet, it doesnt.

Simply.. compiling them on a newer version -.-

But lemme guess, I need to change certain commands?

Like somewhere on this forum there stood that a certain entvar_set_something changed into ENTITY, and I gotta change them all? O.o

Well according to my krillin dude on esforces it should work anyway, just compile them in the new compiler he said :S

BAILOPAN
10-30-2004, 22:48
It looks like one native wasn't placed in the porting layer properly, VelocityByAim. oh well

0mega
10-31-2004, 04:39
My other contact who helped me lol told me to put on the array module, but when I do that, the game: (ESF: dbz mod) www.esforces.com
CRASHES.
Simply goes to desktop and quits.....
And an other thing he told me was this:

First note:
Looking at the code, you will have to enable the array module
Second note:
There is no fExplodeAt
Third note:

Code:
new Float:vExplodeAt[3]
Entvars_Get_Vector(pToucher, EV_VEC_origin, vExplodeAt)

RadiusDamage(vExplodeAt, 1)

message_begin(MSG_BROADCAST, SVC_TEMPENTITY)
write_byte(3)
write_coord(floatround(vExplodeAt[0]))
write_coord(floatround(vExplodeAt[1]))
write_coord(floatround(vExplodeAt[2]))
These are the only lines of code that deal with a cvar similar to it which is vExplodeAt. As far as I can tell the only problem with code would be:

Code:
Entvars_Get_Vector(pToucher, EV_VEC_origin, vExplodeAt)
I will look this up on the CVS and see what is wrong with it.

*edit* None of the cvs stated those functions...

Like u can see he told me I had to enable the array module:
BUT:

In the OLD versions of that mod called ESF, the vexdUM.dll DIDNT crash the game.
In the NEW version of that mod called ESF, the vexdUM.dll DOES crash the server... now I dont need it, so I dont care, but the ARRAY_amxx.DLL does ALSO Crash... any idea why this might happen?

Now all I need to know, after this is how someone can find out how to add ''hp'' (how they find out that a certain name = hp)

BAILOPAN
10-31-2004, 06:10
I think you are a little confused here...

1. You don't need array module
2. _amxx modules are only for AMX Mod X 0.20
3. AMX Mod X 0.16 is better for backwards compatibility with AMX Mod 0.9.8-
4. Although you can do it, don't use AMX Mod modules with AMX Mod X.

The code should work fine, just recompile it with AMX Mod X's compiler.

0mega
10-31-2004, 06:51
Oh well.. never mind now, I'm using the plugin for ''Counterstrike'' that that guy gave me the link for:

AMX_EJL_MISSILES.sma It works ALMOST perfectly,
But NOW I got another problem. Missiles do work, but when a missile hits a character, and he WOULD be dead (you can set it on test, non-deadly, or deadly) the server crashes and gives this error:

Msg(write_score) byte 9, expected 11

Sorry for the racket for a plugin that I cannot even use now lol :P
But well, now I got that error and i'm asking for ur help 1 more time :P.

here's the link:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=4159

BAILOPAN
10-31-2004, 06:56
It's written for CS, not for ESF.

It probably needs modification.

0mega
10-31-2004, 07:09
Well the weird thing is that in the script he put a: comment out #define CSTRIKE if its for an OTHER mod.
But if you do that, you get errors, and if you get errors, it wont compile..
So why the hell did he put that there? Or is there an OTHER Include file, that he didnt INCLUDE (ha ha) in his script file that also has these commands, or w/e..

btw I checked it again and this IS the error:

User Msg(ScoreInfo) byte 9, expected 11

EDIT:

I got a ''friend'' to help me, he modified the file for me but now EVERY 0.20 compiler I tried (even the one on the side) LITTERALY crashes (in the: blabla caused an fatal error to compiler.exe and was forced to shut down, way)

and its MADE for that version, I tried 2 nightly builds (latest 2) and 0.20 RC7 and they ALL crashed... this ONLY happens with the plugin I try to compile... heh, I posted it in bug report :D