PDA

View Full Version : Pyro Explosion

Twilight Suzuka
04-23-2008, 16:57
Pyro's have a pack of explosive fuel on them, and yet they can't get punctured? This mod fixes that! When pyro's die, they explode, and do radial damage to everyone around em.

As an extra bonus, there is a CVAR to make objects explode when a pyro destroys em, which is disabled by default.

This is an alpha, so test it as much as you can!

Twilight Suzuka
04-23-2008, 17:21
Don't put compiled versions up.

SixSicSix
04-23-2008, 17:26
...And why is that?

By the way, this plugin doesn't work, just like your medic plugin. Perhaps you could post requirements? And for the matter of it even working, could you post screenshots of it working?

Here's what I'm using.. it's a Linux server:

Sourcemod 1.1.0 2092
Metamod Source 1.6.1

FunTF2Server
04-23-2008, 19:17
can someone post a compiled version I don't know how to compile .sp files but I want to test this on my server

SixSicSix
04-23-2008, 19:27
I would but apparently princess runs the forum

FunTF2Server
04-23-2008, 19:32
I would but apparently princess runs the forum

dam who is princess you mean balopan?

SixSicSix
04-23-2008, 22:30
Don't put compiled versions up.

DontWannaName
04-24-2008, 00:36
I would look at this under location before you post :D
" I hate noobs. Please, please, think before writing posts." :P

SixSicSix
04-24-2008, 01:18
Why would you post a plugin without first noting what version of sourcemod you used to compile it with? I'm not a n00b and this is not a forum on which people who were obviously graciously unbanned can get away with ordering people around their thread.

This plugin is terrible, as well as the others this author has posted. None of them have worked, and I personally have seen no support from the author. I'm not checking in on the useless code Twilight Suzuka (http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=1599) seems obligated to spit out only for the community to test.

Make sure it works before you post it, and if it requires a specific build, make sure you put that in the fine print somewhere.

On a side note, how in the world did Medic Infection get approved when not a single player has been able to get it working, much less get proof of it in action?

FunTF2Server
04-24-2008, 04:37
Why would you post a plugin without first noting what version of sourcemod you used to compile it with? I'm not a n00b and this is not a forum on which people who were obviously graciously unbanned can get away with ordering people around their thread.

This plugin is terrible, as well as the others this author has posted. None of them have worked, and I personally have seen no support from the author. I'm not checking in on the useless code Twilight Suzuka (http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=1599) seems obligated to spit out only for the community to test.

Make sure it works before you post it, and if it requires a specific build, make sure you put that in the fine print somewhere.

On a side note, how in the world did Medic Infection get approved when not a single player has been able to get it working, much less get proof of it in action?

it's too bad because medic infection and exploding pyros are amazing ideas and really want them badly for a long time, we finally get someone to code it, but none of them work :(

Spikeectf2
04-24-2008, 14:05
im going to set her up with a server to test both this plugin and the medic plugin so be patient.

SixSicSix
04-24-2008, 14:42
That's a good start. :|

Zalaxy
04-24-2008, 22:34
So...This one does work with Sourcemod Version 1.1.0.2061 and running a linux version. It works. Although Headshots don't cause the pyro to explode. I had stickies from demoman made me explode. Will do further testing tommorow.

Suggested Improvements would being able to set the damage done when the pyro explodes and set the radius of damage when the pyro explodes.

FunTF2Server
04-24-2008, 23:02
So...This one does work with Sourcemod Version 1.1.0.2061 and running a linux version. It works. Although Headshots don't cause the pyro to explode. I had stickies from demoman made me explode. Will do further testing tommorow.

Suggested Improvements would being able to set the damage done when the pyro explodes and set the radius of damage when the pyro explodes.

nice but can you post a compiled version for i can test it too

Clops
04-24-2008, 23:49
Here compiled version, no tests yet.

FunTF2Server
04-25-2008, 05:46
tried it on 2103 windows version, no worky

DJ Tsunami
04-25-2008, 09:39
SixSicSix:
do you even know what the word alpha means? She doesn't have a server to test on, so she needs us to test (which is clearly stated in the first post).
Medic Infection was approved by accident.
Apparently people expect an author to fix something within an hour? This plugin had been up for less than a day before you started whining...
She has exams, that's why she doesn't have time to fix it. Just give it some f'in time.
You don't know anything about why she was banned, so stop talking about stuff you know nothing about.

Spikeectf2
04-25-2008, 11:03
i set her up with a 10 player private server with updated sm
i sent her the info and gave her a control panel .installed medic and pyro
plugins for testing.So give her some time ppl , we all want these plugins to work. i think the game needs them for funs sake..

A little support for her would go along way.maybe even make it easier for her.
i know if it was me reading these responses id just say forget it.
If she wants she can give you the ip and pass so you can help her test them,

SixSicSix
04-25-2008, 11:09
SixSicSix:
do you even know what the word alpha means? She doesn't have a server to test on, so she needs us to test (which is clearly stated in the first post).
Medic Infection was approved by accident.
Apparently people expect an author to fix something within an hour? This plugin had been up for less than a day before you started whining...
She has exams, that's why she doesn't have time to fix it. Just give it some f'in time.
You don't know anything about why she was banned, so stop talking about stuff you know nothing about.

1. Yes. I'm fully aware.
2. As I expected.
3. At what point was I rushing anyone to finish anything?
4. I stated that for someone who has been graciously unbanned, he/she shouldn't be ordering other posters around like a thug.

Shift
04-25-2008, 12:36
can any one compile plugin ?

Spikeectf2
04-25-2008, 13:01
page up youll see clops did allready.

Shift
04-25-2008, 13:30
22 <Failed> "Pyro Explosions" (Alpha:1) by Twilight Suzuka
fix plugin ..

FunTF2Server
04-25-2008, 18:17
22 <Failed> "Pyro Explosions" (Alpha:1) by Twilight Suzuka
fix plugin ..

it doesn't fail to load for me on the latest snapshot release 2103, but the plugin just simply does not work, pyros do not explode.

Twilight Suzuka
04-25-2008, 18:26
Well thanks yet again for both insulting me and my plugins, and spamming my thread up. Makes me feel loved.
This would be a message to SixSicSix, not FunTF2Server.

Lets see if we can see why this works on my server but not yours, shall we?
I assume its another silly convar flip up like my medic plugin.

FunTF2Server
04-25-2008, 18:33
Well thanks yet again for both insulting me and my plugins, and spamming my thread up. Makes me feel loved.

Lets see if we can see why this works on my server but not yours, shall we?
I assume its another silly convar flip up like my medic plugin.

how are we insulting you, we are trying to be helpful and help you fix it, isn't posting what version of sourcemod I'm running and telling what errors im getting being helpful? Jesus, get off the rag lady.

I suspect that you are right and the same thing is wrong that was wrong with your medic plugin. When I type pyro_explode_on 1/0 in console, it tells me "does not point to a valid convar" or something like that.

FunTF2Server
04-25-2008, 18:40
Damn it says she is banned again.. how come every time she figured out what is wrong with her plugin and is about to post a working version, she gets banned. It's like god is against us and doesn't want us to have medic infect/pyro explode.

SixSicSix
04-25-2008, 18:57
I wanna know what ****ing version of Sourcemod and MM:S she's using to get this thing working.

FunTF2Server
04-25-2008, 18:59
I wanna know what ****ing version of Sourcemod and MM:S she's using to get this thing working.

well she said it's a convar flip-up like the medic one, so as soon as she uploads the latest fix, it should work hopefully

Fredd
04-26-2008, 04:42
Rukia: perhaps a check for the health of the victim if its under than 1 and starting a custom death event? SetEntityHealth will just make it look like a suicide...

huck529
04-26-2008, 10:07
it doesn't fail to load for me on the latest snapshot release 2103, but the plugin just simply does not work, pyros do not explode.

i'm on windows server 2003 and snapshot build 2086 and get the same result

Twilight Suzuka
04-26-2008, 10:33
Rukia: perhaps a check for the health of the victim if its under than 1 and starting a custom death event? SetEntityHealth will just make it look like a suicide...

Thus why, like in my medic plugin, I catch player_death and modify it as it goes by. Since my medic plugin is now working reliably, though not fully, I'm going to devote some time to this plugin now. Look for updates today.

Spikeectf2
04-26-2008, 11:39
the pyro plugin will be a nice addon, running into the enemy team not caring if you die cuz you will explode.. awesome. should make for some great fun.

cant wait.

Spikeectf2
04-26-2008, 11:44
can someone post a compiled version I don't know how to compile .sp files but I want to test this on my server

if you install sourcemod into your tf folder you can use the compile there to compile the .sp files yourself.. that way you dont haveto wait for anyone to post it..:)
if the files still dont compile you may need to also upload the latest snapshot
i hope this helped you.

FunTF2Server
04-27-2008, 13:32
Any updates yet?

blissend
04-28-2008, 13:11
Will this mod be made available for the stable release or snapshots only? If I can request I'd like it to be for the stable builds. Any way, I love this idea and can't wait to try it out.

FunTF2Server
04-28-2008, 13:58
Will this mod be made available for the stable release or snapshots only? If I can request I'd like it to be for the stable builds. Any way, I love this idea and can't wait to try it out.

Neither, the person who was working on it has disappeared, and the current version doesn't work peroid, not on stable builds, not even on snapshots.

joozy
04-29-2008, 01:48
i thought she was back, seems to be puttin in a lot of work on the medic infection mod :up:

FunTF2Server
04-29-2008, 04:09
i thought she was back, seems to be puttin in a lot of work on the medic infection mod :up:

yeah she is working on the infection mod but i wish she would just quickly get this one working, even a beta version, that way we can all test it and start giving feedback for her to work on later

DJ Tsunami
04-29-2008, 10:51
This plugin won't work on the current stable build (1.0.0.1946) since it doesn't have the TF2 extension. You'll need the snapshots. And again FunTF2Server, chill the f out. She has something called a life, we can't all be behind our computer 24/7 coding plugins (for free might I add).

Neo Cool Dude
04-29-2008, 16:19
She probably shouldn't have made this plugin when her last one wasn't even working yet. :?

naris
04-29-2008, 17:25
She probably shouldn't have made this plugin when her last one wasn't even working yet. :?

Please don't be a jag-off. you are not being very helpful.

How many plugins have you released anyway?

Cooltad
04-30-2008, 12:24
Never Mind.

arakcheev
05-03-2008, 21:28
I've been wanting a plugin like this for ages.

Anyway to ignite people within the splash damage area?

TechKnow
05-04-2008, 05:27
Not only did i get it working but i found the problem, fixed it and re wrote it for CS:S as a player Death Explode, but i also changed the explosion graphics alot, because their wasnt enough flash and smoke and the spinning of that gay sprite fire in a circle really looked bad. The problem is is in his enable cvars .. they are backwards, you need to add a ! infront of the get thingy to make it say not enabled return and do nothing. here is my WORKING CSS version which should work in TF2 as well, remember, it is a player death explode ONLY for effect with no damage.

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?vars=sm_playerexplode_version=1%2e 0

BTW I made the explodeing of objects default ON in the repaired Pyro_Explode2 You will have to compile it on your own, it wont compile here.

EXAMPLE
if(GetConVarInt(Cvar_Enable)) return Plugin_Continue; (WRONG)
if(GetConVarInt(Cvar_PyroDamages)) return Plugin_Continue; (WRONG)

if(!GetConVarInt(Cvar_Enable)) return Plugin_Continue; (RIGHT)
if(!GetConVarInt(Cvar_PyroDamages)) return Plugin_Continue; (RIGHT)

TechKnow

r3dh3adkid
05-04-2008, 14:28
Pyro Explosion2 works wonderfully in TF2 but I do have a request. Could you dumb down the explosion a little bit? The explosion is freakishly huge, maybe like 1/2 the side it is now?

Also, an idea I thought about that would be cool is to have the option for the explosion to do dmg or to not do dmg, either by a console command or adding it to the SM menu.

TechKnow
05-04-2008, 15:33
Im glad it works for you but i am not the originator of this plugin and i am not sure what numbers change the size of the spinning gay sprite flames at the end of the explosion, I just fixed it, and the damage has a cvar to turn off and on " if(!GetConVarInt(Cvar_PyroDamages)) " SO..

Change this line where it says "1" and make it a "0" and recompile to have it default off..

Cvar_PyroDamages = CreateConVar("pyro_explode_objects", "1", "Objects pyro's destroy explode", FCVAR_PLUGIN)

and BTW, for others can you post/upload a compiled file of this working version? maybe look at my player explode and see if you would like me to change the pyro explosion to that, I can do that.

TechKnow

r3dh3adkid
05-04-2008, 21:57
Just an FYI, i've removed this off my server until support is back for it.

We got 6 of my clan mates together and i slayed us all and it crashed our server because of the explosion

ratty
05-06-2008, 02:56
I didn't have any problems with crashing, even when I commented out the class check so it would make all players explode.
But then mysteriously sometimes nearby engineers would get invulnerable. It's as if they had like -1 health which is really whatever the max number for the variable is. I don't know why engineers, that is as far as I got in the troubleshooting.

TechKnow
05-06-2008, 07:38
Well on my CSS server I had 14 players all group together and i did a "sm_slay @all" and we all exploded at the same time and the server did not crash, are you saying a CSS or a TF2 server? or is it my server is more stable than yours? BTW this is with playerexplode not Pyro_explode.

TechKnow

mucyo
05-10-2008, 13:13
cant get the edited plugin from you TechKnow (http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=32298)

a compile error ! please help

TechKnow
05-10-2008, 15:45
BTW I made the explodeing of objects default ON in the repaired Pyro_Explode2 You will have to compile it on your own, it wont compile here.
TechKnow

As posted where i uploded the file if you read.

TechKnow

rhinokio
05-14-2008, 14:37
I can't wait to try this out. and i appreciate the effort put into these scripts, and am anoyed by people who do nothing but complain about people helping them for free..

I have one Request. anyway to make wit work only on a death caused by crits?

joozy
05-15-2008, 01:18
how do i compile sp to smx?

teddyruxpin
05-15-2008, 03:22
Techknow and Twilight thanks so far for this plugin the special effects are nice touch will playing. I am curious however if there is a way to make the pyro blowing up to cause damage. IE I would like to see him cause damage to a 256 unit blast radius with 5000 HP dmg. Maybe even a few second delay after death to let people try and run away.

Is something like that possible with this plugin or the player explode plugin.

Thanks,

-Teddy

rhinokio
05-15-2008, 08:42
oh i was asuming he was causing dammage now.. i would also like to see damage,, but to be able to choose if it hurt friends or enemys.. i think on my server i never want someone to be able to grief someone on their own side. i would hate to be constantly killed because noob pyros on my own team exploding.

naris
05-15-2008, 12:18
how do i compile sp to smx?

Use this link

http://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php

imported_Anth0ny
05-16-2008, 02:53
please can anyone to make a video (at yourtube.com) with plugin's effects demonstration..?

=)

DJ Tsunami
05-16-2008, 06:27
@naris: the webcompiler doesn't work with the TF2 extension...

@joozy: download SourceMod and compile with spcomp.exe.

crazychicken
05-27-2008, 21:20
awesome plugin will test it now

for all noobs like me to get latest version of sourcemod go here as the older versions dont have tf2 files taht will allow u to compile sm files

http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php

the explosion is too big :O can you make the explosion from the playerexplode into just a pyro explosion plz, that explosion is good but its a bit too much having everyone in tf2 explod

Neo Cool Dude
06-14-2008, 22:31
what are the cvar commands?

UJay
07-21-2008, 23:15
TechKnow Can you change the AOE sprite flames to a more napalm look? and explosion affect that looks like it came out of Half Life 2.

If you could do that It would be Smashing!!

teh_lame
03-08-2009, 03:40
I've never made a mod before, but I wanted it to do a lil more (mostly damage and customizability without recompiling), so I whipped up my first mod tonight (yay!)

Basically, the pyros will explode like the PyroExplode2 someone posted earlier, but it will hurt someone by default. You can change the damage and the radius, as well as who is hurt by the explosion with simple cvars. I know I'm not proficient at this stuff yet, so excuse any common errors.

cvars:
sm_pyro_explode_enable (def 1) - Enable/Disable pyros exploding on death
sm_pyro_explode_radius (def 600) - How far the explosion will damage people
sm_pyro_explode_damage (def 220) - How much damage the explosion does
sm_pyro_explode_mode (def 0) - Who the explosion targets (0=everyone 1=victim's team 2=attacker's team)

I tested it on my server and it seems to run flawlessly, but I'll fix anything if the need arises. Credit for this goes to the people in this thread and someone who made a basic explode mod for SourceMod. I used that to implement actual damage in it all.

Cheers :D

PlasticBOB
03-09-2009, 17:12
it work!!!!

Dragonshadow
03-15-2009, 13:01
I've never made a mod before, but I wanted it to do a lil more (mostly damage and customizability without recompiling), so I whipped up my first mod tonight (yay!)

Basically, the pyros will explode like the PyroExplode2 someone posted earlier, but it will hurt someone by default. You can change the damage and the radius, as well as who is hurt by the explosion with simple cvars. I know I'm not proficient at this stuff yet, so excuse any common errors.

cvars:
sm_pyro_explode_enable (def 1) - Enable/Disable pyros exploding on death
sm_pyro_explode_radius (def 600) - How far the explosion will damage people
sm_pyro_explode_damage (def 220) - How much damage the explosion does
sm_pyro_explode_mode (def 0) - Who the explosion targets (0=everyone 1=victim's team 2=attacker's team)

I tested it on my server and it seems to run flawlessly, but I'll fix anything if the need arises. Credit for this goes to the people in this thread and someone who made a basic explode mod for SourceMod. I used that to implement actual damage in it all.

Cheers :D

does this also set fire to the people it hurts?

teh_lame
03-21-2009, 20:33
does this also set fire to the people it hurts?

No, but I suppose it's easy enough to do. I just need to find the time to update it. You guys will be the first to see it when it does work tho.

Dragonshadow
03-25-2009, 12:15
Ohh good. Also is there a way to turn off explosion based on how the pyro died? Explosion on backstab is really really stupid, same with explosion on headshot/baseball/suicide/change class/explode in console

._.

captain mental
06-06-2009, 17:25
Great plugin! I tried it on my server and I liked it. Great work and thank you for taking over this project, i have been hoping someone would make a working exploding pyro plugin for a long time.

Two questions:

#1 Instead of people taking damage, could you make it so they get burned and take fire damage instead?

#2 Can you make a demoman explode plugin? It makes sense than a guy carrying explosives would blow up too when shot.

thenameisbam
06-06-2009, 21:10
i hate to sound like a noob, but to make the setting stay, which file to i put the cvar info into? for this plug-in and others?

ApocalypseDan
06-25-2009, 10:36
use rcon that should write the cvas to the file automaticly

GrossKopf
08-16-2009, 17:09
Tried this out and it's a nice mod, but I was wondering if it would be possible to set up cvars that prevented the pyro from blowing up unless certian weapons were used and only if the kill is from behind.

I thought it was silly that they should explode when a spy stabs them or if they are shot from the front.

Hell Toupeé
07-28-2010, 14:42
is this plugin still working?? i'd love to get this going on our server.

Furrydog
09-05-2010, 13:30
I have this plugin working however the blast radius goes through walls,critbuffs, and ubers!! great plugin but does damage to anything in the radius. Any chance of this being followed up on would be great.

TheShark558
03-15-2012, 18:31
Doesn't seem to work

vadia111
11-13-2014, 21:31
dont work more

404UserNotFound
11-17-2014, 16:00
This should be unapproved. Doesn't work and I don't know if the plugin author is even around to maintain it.

EDIT: Though I could probably fix it pretty easily. Just set up an env_explosion entity at the victim's location in the player_death event.

Teamkiller324
08-22-2020, 06:46
v 1.0.1

- Updated to new syntax and declarations
- Updated pyro_explode_on to tf_pyro_explode
- Updated pyro_explode_objects to tf_pyro_explode_objects

Untested