PDA

View Full Version : Docs - suggegstions

_KaszpiR_
03-30-2004, 01:02
yesterday i grabbed your amxx 0.16 docs and i got some comments about it - they may be quite stupid for some of you but i guess they may help in the future
----------------------------------------------------------

check out the linux install/upgrade, the dumb admins can understand that path/amxx_mm_i186.so is wrong, while amxx_mm.dll is good (doh those extensions)

if you can make the more important things as headers like <h2> - it is easer to find information - especially in adding admins

admin tables should contain borders between cells - easier to read , otherwise some rows may be intepreted as a contnue of the text from higher/lower row

the colours - juicy orange... on white... maybe make it more whitened so it is not so heavily contrasting (make it orange dimmed to white just to mart the table existence)?

examples - the maps.ini and the de_dust example is not sufficient - add in any examples the content that can be found in files would be grateful, maybe some allready exisitng examples that users have (for better feeling how to customize)

in compiling .sma - say that compiled .amx should be moved to plugins dir (i know some ppl were installing to examples/scripts and was wondering why it does not work - after checking and copying the proper files all worked fine)

additiona modules section is a bla bla :P, maybe example on some wel known module like geoip?

final word - i opt for html only version (i know chm or help fies are html sometimes)

Mad Mart
03-30-2004, 17:16
geoip yeh yeh YEH, I love this module, there used to be a welcome message that announced where a player was connecting from. Anyone recompiled this yet and is the old geoip dll still compatible?

_KaszpiR_
03-31-2004, 01:50
aren't you from UA Forums?

Mad Mart
03-31-2004, 10:03
Say yup, I have had a few posts on there. Havent been on lately been a bit busy with my replacement server

gruuunts bot server

How did you recognise me (and worse still what for)?? LOL

_KaszpiR_
04-01-2004, 00:37
by the part of the nickname :D

INFaMouS
04-01-2004, 15:22
Mad Martigan, I remember you from my (various) attempts on UA forums.