PDA

View Full Version : Help I need a developer 1 blocker

oddbilly
10-23-2007, 15:54
hey this is odd from odd scoutzknivez server cs:cz

as many of u know the (developer 1) setting boosts fps and if u turn off vsync u can reach 200+ fps...these settings combined with the scoutzknivez map settings allows a retarded amount of strafing....

i need a plugin that does not allow anyone to turn on developer 1 at all
someone made a plugin that sets everyones developer to 0 every few seconds but someone made a scripts that overides it...

contact me for questions or if u have suggestions
help anyone

ConnorMcLeod
10-23-2007, 16:28
Try this :

#include <amxmodx>

#define MAXPLAYERS 32

new max_reset
new count[MAXPLAYERS+1]

public plugin_init() {
register_plugin("Check fps", "1.0", "connor")
max_reset = register_cvar("max_bad_value", "5")
}

public plugin_cfg() {
set_task(5.0, "fps_check", _, _, _, "b")
}

public client_connect(id) {
count[id] = 0
}

public client_disconnect(id) {
count[id] = 0
}

public fps_check() {
new players[MAXPLAYERS], inum
get_players(players, inum, "ch") //don't collect BOTs & HLTVs
for(new i; i<inum; ++i)
{
query_client_cvar(players[i] , "fps_max" , "cvar_result")
query_client_cvar(players[i] , "developer" , "cvar_result")
}
}

public cvar_result(id, const cvar[], const value[])
{
if(equal(value, "Bad CVAR request"))
{
server_cmd("kick #%d Please remove the alias that blocks fps_max or developer cvar", get_user_userid(id))
}

new iValue = str_to_num(value)
if(equal(cvar,"fps_max"))
{

if(iValue > 101)
{
client_cmd(id, "fps_max 101")
client_print(id, print_chat, "Your ^"fps_max^" cvar has been set to 101, don't touch it")
count[id]++
}
}
else if(equal(cvar,"developer"))
{
if(iValue)
{
//developer is higher than 0
client_cmd(id, "developer 0")
client_print(id, print_chat, "Your ^"developer^" cvar has been set to 0, don't touch it")
count[id]++
}
}

if(count[id] == get_pcvar_num(max_reset))
server_cmd("kick #%d You have bad cvar values to play on this server", get_user_userid(id))
}

attachment below is only with developer feature :

oddbilly
10-23-2007, 16:34
i dont need to check for fps_max only developer 1
if they have dev 1 then kick with msg "youve been kicked for using developer 1"or something would be great..
i dont mod nor do i compile so i need the actuall amxx file
thanks alot for the quick response

oddbilly
10-23-2007, 20:15
thank u im going to test now
...testing looks good
thanks

oddbilly
03-27-2008, 18:15
it seems they have found a way around this blocker by setting it to developer 0.9 ...can we add it so anything but 0 gets changed back to 0 or kick

v3x
03-28-2008, 04:51
#include <amxmodx>

public plugin_init()
register_plugin("Dev blocker", "1.0", "v3x");

public client_infochanged(id)
CheckForDev(id);

public client_putinserver(id)
CheckForDev(id);

public CheckForDev(id)
{
new info[2];
get_user_info(id, "developer", info, 1);

if(str_to_num(info) != 0)
{
client_print(id, print_console, "* Developer must be set to 0 in this server");
set_user_info(id, "developer", "0");
}
}That should do the trick.

ConnorMcLeod
03-28-2008, 05:55
I'm not sure your method works, as you also convert first result char into an integer.

Try this :

#include <amxmodx>

#define MAXPLAYERS 32

new g_pcvarMaxCount
new g_iCount[MAXPLAYERS+1]

public plugin_init()
{
register_plugin("Developer 0", "1.0.1", "connorr")
g_pcvarMaxCount = register_cvar("max_bad_value", "2")

set_task(10.0, "taskDeveloperCheck", _, _, _, "b")
}

public client_putinserver(id)
{
g_iCount[id] = 0
}

public taskDeveloperCheck()
{
new players[MAXPLAYERS], inum
get_players(players, inum, "ch") //don't collect BOTs & HLTVs
for(new i; i<inum; ++i)
{
query_client_cvar(players[i] , "developer" , "cvar_result")
}
}

public cvar_result(id, const cvar[], const value[])
{
new Float:fValue = str_to_float(value)

if(!fValue)
return

client_cmd(id, "developer 0")
client_print(id, print_chat, "Your ^"developer^" cvar has been set to 0, don't change it")

if(++g_iCount[id] >= get_pcvar_num(g_pcvarMaxCount))
{
server_cmd("kick #%d Developer isn't allowed on this server", get_user_userid(id))
}
}

Halflifeplayer
03-28-2008, 08:33
You should use this plugin and you can block and set whatever cvar you want your choice

AMX CVAR Guard - AlliedModders (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=53728&highlight=amx+cvar+guard)

I use it if you try to type in the command says this cvar is blocked. This plugin blocks it all the time no matter what...

CS must be weird cause someons fps shouldn't effect how they move in game. FPS is how fast they render frames. How fast you render frames can't make the game play speed up in the real game. Plus if they don't have there monitor set to refresh the same amount they don't even see those frames. Plus if there cl_cmdrate is lower than there fps there not even sending that many updates. But I am sure you don't want to hear the netcode crap....

This cvar guard works perfect you pick the cvar and the setting and it is blocked they can't excute the command at anytime while there in your server.

ConnorMcLeod
03-28-2008, 09:13
You should use this plugin and you can block and set whatever cvar you want your choice

AMX CVAR Guard - AlliedModders (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=53728&highlight=amx+cvar+guard)

I use it if you try to type in the command says this cvar is blocked. This plugin blocks it all the time no matter what...

CS must be weird cause someons fps shouldn't effect how they move in game. FPS is how fast they render frames. How fast you render frames can't make the game play speed up in the real game. Plus if they don't have there monitor set to refresh the same amount they don't even see those frames. Plus if there cl_cmdrate is lower than there fps there not even sending that many updates. But I am sure you don't want to hear the netcode crap....

This cvar guard works perfect you pick the cvar and the setting and it is blocked they can't excute the command at anytime while there in your server.

If you block your cvar before joining the server, this plugin just does nothing :down:

MAUGHOLD
03-28-2008, 09:35
hey this is odd from odd scoutzknivez server cs:cz

as many of u know the (developer 1) setting boosts fps and if u turn off vsync u can reach 200+ fps...these settings combined with the scoutzknivez map settings allows a retarded amount of strafing....

i need a plugin that does not allow anyone to turn on developer 1 at all
someone made a plugin that sets everyones developer to 0 every few seconds but someone made a scripts that overides it...

contact me for questions or if u have suggestions
help anyone

From what I understand, Setting devloper to 1 doesn't really give you any higher FPS it just looks like it does. HLDS has a hard coded FPS of 100 max.

ConnorMcLeod
03-28-2008, 09:41
Turning off vsync and set developer to 1 or 2 allow the game to act as you had more than 100 fps.
Real fps are still what your monitor/resolution can support, but you can have advantages as faster game reactions :

-lower flashed time
-climb faster some walls
-faster crosshair resize
-faster moves in the air (noticable with low gravity or high airaccelerate)
-may be more...

Halflifeplayer
03-28-2008, 10:18
That cvar guard sets it when you join and won't allow you to type the cvar in game at all or even exec a config with it.. It works I have tested and tried changing my settings in game it won't let me.. Doesn't just set the cvar it blocks it from ever being executed after it changes it. Heck it even says that cvar is blocked if I type it to see what my setting is.

ConnorMcLeod
03-28-2008, 11:25
Suppose cvar guard set your cvar "developer" to 0, you just have to do what follow to set it to another value :

Lauch your game.
Type this in console :
developer 1
Then type :
alias developer ""
Then join the server.

You just have blocked the cvar as cvar guard will try to to when you join the server, but cvar guard will fail as you have already blocked it.

Halflifeplayer
03-28-2008, 12:38
O.K not following you but I will try what you said..
the only thing I never did was type alias developer "" which I don't think will work.

What I did do is this.

I go into the server with developer 1 enabled.
I go into see what it is set at. I pull down console and type developer and hit enter
then it says that command is blocked
then it says developer 0 is what it is set at
so I type developer 1
I type developer to see what it is set too
then shows developer 0 being what the cvar is set too.

letgoofmyeggs
03-28-2008, 13:26
i dono if u tried any of these plugins but i use developer 1 to gstrafe hela fast and some servers have a plugin that sounds like any of these ones. basicly wen i join the server, after like 5 seconds or sumthin a message pops up sayin i either change it to watever the server specifies or i wil b kickd. and it gives u (X) amount of seconds to do so or auotmatic kick

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=159580
^^ that sounds like the one that ive seen but here are som other ones i found that sound like they would work also.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=462873
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=155936

hazard1337
03-28-2008, 16:13
Doesn't developer 1 require sv_cheats 1? and changing gravity doesn't need sv_cheats 1..so...?

Halflifeplayer
03-28-2008, 17:49
developer one doesn't need sv_cheats enabled. Gravity is something only the server can change so has nothing to do with sv_cheats.

hazard1337
03-28-2008, 17:55
It was posted that this was used in scoutzknivez, commonly with low grav. I thought the server had sv_cheats 1 on because, I dunno if its 1.6 or Source only, you need it to turn developer on, and they had it on because they thought the grav needed it.

Halflifeplayer
03-28-2008, 19:11
Suppose cvar guard set your cvar "developer" to 0, you just have to do what follow to set it to another value :

Lauch your game.
Type this in console :
developer 1
Then type :
alias developer ""
Then join the server.

You just have blocked the cvar as cvar guard will try to to when you join the server, but cvar guard will fail as you have already blocked it.

I tried it on my half life server. and the cvar guard work I couldn't turn developer on. I also tried it with cl_updaterate too and it wouldn't let me change it. I must be doing something wrong cause the cvar guard is working perfectly for me I can't seem to find away around it like you say there is.

Oh and for developer 1 to work in source I believe you are right hazard1337. sv_cheats need to be enabled. Old half life and 1.6 CS you don't tho.

MAUGHOLD
03-28-2008, 19:33
Yes, cvarguard works very well, I have been using it for months now to force all sorts of client side cvars. I mostly use it to force and lock the CAL league cheat cvars and to set some cvars that boost clients ping and raise their FPS.

oddbilly
03-28-2008, 23:20
ok i will try the cvar blocker..

basically to set everybody correct...the developer 1 on scoutzknivez with grav 200 and airaccel 99999 makes ledge jumping and strafing insane...but with dev 0 it limits the fps to 99...i guts the server setting fps_max 99 should work but alot of scoutzknivez servers use fps_max 9999
basically all the server owners of scoutkznivez need developer always to be 0

we have had 2 plugins made..
the 1st set it every few secs to 0 but ppl made work arounds
then the new 1 set it to 0 but some how the devoper 0.9 worked
i need a compiled code for a better developer blocker if someone can make a "fullproof" 1

love yall coders
odd

oddbilly
05-15-2008, 16:48
somehow ppl put developer .9 and it works against this blocker...we need an update that doesnt alow anything but 0 for developer

ConnorMcLeod
05-15-2008, 16:54

MAUGHOLD
12-27-2009, 09:42
The problem with cvarguard now is that since valve did an update a while ago you can still use cvarguard to set cvars but they are no longer locked down.

Clients can now set them back to whatever they want to.