PDA

View Full Version : Ludwigs Sound Download Management

DoubleTap
03-28-2004, 22:11
Name says it all. This eliminates the need for res files to download your special server sounds to clients and makes them easy to manage in one file. Sounds can be set to download on specific maps or on all maps. See the .sma file for this plugin for setup info. Thanks to Spacedude for the original idea. Note: This plugin assumes you have a separate plugin for playing the sounds. New: Can be used to download sprites, models, and wads to clients too.

Another Ludwig tool my server couldn't go without... tested on my server where I have 32 custom sounds spread throughout my mapcycle that my users get one at a time.

Complete package can be found here until I have converted all the code:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=700

{NM}Jason
03-28-2004, 22:26
nice plugin but what about those of us who use sv_downloadurl ??? is that incorprated into this plugin

DoubleTap
03-28-2004, 22:29
Not by me man... I cannot code... wont even pretend... I am just doing my best to port (without ANY AMX includes) things... Some of these my server will not go to AMXX without... real coders can freely take any of this stuff and update... I dont even care if they are approved, they WORK ! That is the most important thing for many of us now... too many approved plugins dont work AT ALL !!!

Vic/DT

I am fairly sure, whatever (if anything) folks used for that issue in AMX, can be used now...

MagicShot
03-28-2004, 22:33
Lol DoubleTap..

Mine Works.. :P

DoubleTap
03-28-2004, 22:50
Just being honest... you got amx_slay2 to work for Mod X yet ? I even make changes others recommended and it's broke broke broke... I am thinking of porting that too... approved dont matter, working does !

Vic/DT

MagicShot
03-29-2004, 01:53
If Ya want amx slay2 here is the source converted to amxX...

SniperBeamer
03-29-2004, 04:30
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=375

BigBaller
03-29-2004, 05:08
Just being honest... you got amx_slay2 to work for Mod X yet ? I even make changes others recommended and it's broke broke broke... I am thinking of porting that too... approved dont matter, working does !

Vic/DT

Try admin all in one commands, the slay2 works for AMXX, I ported that plugin myself, its somewhere around here.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=528

ALSO BTW

Sniperbeamer is trying to point out that only approved plugins that will be on this forum will use "#include <amxmodx>

Soo you might want to update that.

SniperBeamer
03-29-2004, 05:21
Sniperbeamer is trying to point out that only approved plugins that will be on this forum will use "#include <amxmodx>
not only that ...

DoubleTap
03-29-2004, 09:16
The only other thing I can assume you want Sniper is the custom path stuff... I'd love to do that, but I dont know how. I do believe I have met all the criteria otherwise for this port.

Vic/DT

[nFb]GraveKeeper
03-31-2004, 10:58
Hey Double I posted the same plugin last-night not realizing that you did this one already. I made the necessary changes to it however if you want to grab the files and take credit for it feel free to do so. I tested it out and it does work.

Sorry about posting the plugin after you did.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=700

DoubleTap
03-31-2004, 11:56
I would only question your choice of pathing... should the MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt go in the custom folder if done properly ?

Also change this line to reflect proper path:

Setup: You should create a file in your ..addons/amx folder called:

Not being picky but if your gonna take over a plugin that already works as posted... fix it all first... :)

If you get everything cleaned up before I do (I am learning this stuff an inch at a time) I will surely ask them to delete this thread... Right now your is just a bit more correct than mine, and the both work... hehehe

Vic/DT

What did you change in the code ?

[nFb]GraveKeeper
03-31-2004, 12:42
In bold is what I changed. Feel free to do that to yours and then I will have mine deleted.

#include <amxmodx>

public plugin_precache() {
new ThisMap[32]
get_mapname(ThisMap, 32)
new soundfile[128]
new line
new txtlen
new prec_on = 0
if (file_exists("addons/amxx/MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt")){
while((line=read_file("addons/amxx/MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt",line,soundfile,128,txtlen))!=0){
if(equal(soundfile[0],"#",1)){
if(prec_on == 1)
prec_on = 0
if( (equali(soundfile[1],ThisMap)) || (equali(soundfile[1],"ALL",3)) )
prec_on = 1
}else{
if(containi(soundfile,".wav") != -1){
if(prec_on == 1){
precache_sound(soundfile)
}
}
else if(containi(soundfile,".spr") != -1){
if(prec_on == 1){
precache_model(soundfile)
}
}
else if(containi(soundfile,".mdl") != -1){
if(prec_on == 1){
}
}
else if(containi(soundfile,".wad") != -1){
if(prec_on == 1){
}
}
}
}
}else{
write_file("addons/amxx/MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt","MASTER DOWNLOAD LIST for sounds - replaces res files. Format: read top of .sma file",-1)
}
return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

public plugin_init(){
register_plugin("SOUND DOWNLOAD MANAGEMENT","1.2","EJL")
}

DoubleTap
03-31-2004, 12:47
I had done all that bro... it's missing something else, thats why he didn't approve it... Actually I changed the paths to reflect the things I asked you about... now I am wondering why it wasn't approved... hmm... I did link to your package for now... I wont make a package until I know the code is right...

Vic/DT

Now I have to ask what I am still doing wrong... maybe he just hasn't looked at it since I change to the custom folder...

[nFb]GraveKeeper
03-31-2004, 12:49
Hmm, you have the same code? Mine works fine as does your and I compiled it with no problems. All's that I know is it works and that works for me. :lol:

|2ob
04-01-2004, 16:06
does this plugin work with sv_downloadurl?

DoubleTap
04-01-2004, 16:12
This plugin doesn't care what your settings are... if you have the sv_download_url setup properly the files will come from there...

Vic/DT

Johnny got his gun
05-02-2004, 18:35
too many approved plugins dont work AT ALL !!!

Wish I had time to test all plugins I approve, however it's just not possible at all... :-\

*approved*

but is this really only for CS??

Burnzy
05-02-2004, 18:58
one thing, so if i was in game and had all these wavs in and one is names yeah.wav

Would all i gotta type in game is 'yeah' to hear it? or is this sumthing else...

DoubleTap
05-02-2004, 23:52
Bind a key or edit your speech.ini... something like this if you bind a key:

bind "INS" "spk misc/loser.wav"

If typed in consoles:

spk path/filename

Vic/DT

RedRaider
05-04-2004, 11:51
I tried to install this plugin on my CS:CZ Server but it doesn't work :(
My Client stops while downloading the VAC Modlue and I get the following line in my client console:

Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sound'

My MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt looks like this:
#ALL #ALL
sound misc/bblaugh.wav

kookos
05-04-2004, 14:33
same here :cry:

DoubleTap
05-04-2004, 15:06
Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sound'

My MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt looks like this:
#ALL #ALL
sound misc/bblaugh.wav

We were all new once guys... but it is telling you what YOU did wrong...

Where does it say to put sound in the config file ? Here are the first few lines of mine:

MASTER DOWNLOAD LIST - replaces res files. Format: read top of .sma file

#ALL
twazz/twazz_numnuts.wav
twazz/twazz_goodbadugly.wav
misc/loser.wav
misc/ilikeit.wav
misc/holyshit.wav
misc/3shoes.wav
misc/amx_jedizap_v3.wav

#starwars
ambience/star.wav

#fy_skyworld
twazz/twazz.wav
#mindmaze2
twazz/twazz.wav
#fy_iceworld_xxl_b1
twazz/twazz.wav

Vic/DT

RedRaider
05-04-2004, 16:06
Thanks alot! I got confused by the examples in the source O_o

kookos
05-05-2004, 12:26
Missing RIFF/WAVE chunk something like that saying
:cry:

|2ob
05-17-2004, 16:37
what about .mp3??

duckbill
05-29-2004, 04:21
This plugin is driving me insane. What am I doing wrong? I placed the .amx file into my plugins folder. Added the line to my plugins.ini. Plugin loads fine. Copied all of my sounds to cstrike/sounds/misc. Placed the MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt into my cstrike/addons/amxx/ directory with the following text:

#ALL
misc/hoop.wav
misc/stophim.wav
misc/doomed.wav

My clients dont download any sounds. I don't get any "sound failed to transmit". Nothing...nada...zip....nothing happens. Try and play the file and I get dead air. Go manually install the wav into my misc sound folder on my own and try again. It plays just fine. Go delete it out again....reconnect....doesn't download. What am I doing wrong?

DoubleTap
05-29-2004, 10:37
Placed the MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt into my cstrike/addons/amxx/ directory with the following text:

What am I doing wrong?

Path to your master_sound_dl_list.txt is wrong... Which you should have caught since the plugin will make a blank one if there is none in place.

addons/amxx/custom/MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt

Vic/DT

supermj
06-03-2004, 16:07
Can this be used to get a wad file for a map. If so, what would you put in the text file?

example I need

#as_tundra
as_tundra.wad

DoubleTap
06-03-2004, 16:20
You'd be better off using a .res file for your .wad file but I believe this plugin will do that... you might want to check the AMX version for specifics. I use it only for sounds and that is what I ported it as, dont know code.

Vic/DT

create a text file named as_tundra.res (place it in your maps folder)

// .\cstrike\maps\as_tundra.res - created with RESGen v1.10
// RESGen is made by Jeroen "ShadowLord" Bogers
// URL: http://www.unitedadmins.com/mapRESGEN.asp
// E-MAIL: [email protected]
// Res creation date, GMT timezone (dd-mm-yyyy): 03-06-2004

// .res entries:
cstrike.wad
halflife.wad
as_tundra.wad
cs_dust.wad
gfx/env/snowup.tga
gfx/env/snowdn.tga
gfx/env/snowlf.tga
gfx/env/snowrt.tga
gfx/env/snowft.tga
gfx/env/snowbk.tga
sound/ambience/copter.wav
sound/ambience/tankidle1.wav
sound/ambience/drips.wav
sound/ambience/crtnoise.wav
sound/apache/ap_rotor2.wav
sound/ambience/waterfall1.wav
models/arcticorange.mdl

supermj
06-03-2004, 16:32
Thanks for the quick reply!!!
I decided to learn how to make res files and it worked. Oh, I am so proud...lol.

lg.nuclearfallout.net is my server if you want to stop by sometime.
tHe LaW's PlayGround

kookos
06-13-2004, 12:48
if someone want turn mp3 or other games sounds to cstrike example mp3 into wav theres the url where you get program http://www.dbpoweramp.com/[/url]

only thing what you need remember that cstrike wad sounds use 8bit and 22050 hz 2 stereo

deBUG
09-03-2004, 15:13
ok so i have stated a list of sounds to be d/led by my clients. now i wanna know is there a way so that the sounds d/led can be triggered by wat people say? like when someone says doh! or doh or something like that it plays my misc/doh.wav on everyone? thx

DoubleTap
09-04-2004, 11:12
I believe there is another plugin for that...

[Godmin] Gonzo
09-08-2004, 01:41
This Plugin does not work on amxx 0.2 as it uses hard coded pathnames (like addons/amxx/)

Edit: Attached working .sma file

scout121
10-03-2004, 15:11
still dosnt work for me on 2.0 : (

d@tenmaulwurf
10-07-2004, 09:46
L 10/07/2004 - 15:45:17: [AMXX] Run time error 10 (native) (plugin "sound_download_management.amxx") - debug not enabled.

on amx-x 0.2 rc5

d@tenmaulwurf
10-07-2004, 11:32
When i connect to the Server, STeam hangs von verifying Resourcces and gives me this error:

Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sound

My MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt contains these:

MASTER DOWNLOAD LIST for sounds - replaces res files. Format: read top of .sma file

#ALL #ALL

sound fun/fucku.wav

THX a lot,

d@tenmaulwurf

supermj
10-07-2004, 11:35
It should look like this...

#all
fun/fucku.wav

darkchemist
11-06-2004, 04:20
two questions...

I have amxx .20 .. where does the MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt file go?

Also... i want clients to not be able to download ANY sounds.. (The sounds are on the server, however i want them to go to my site to retreive them because i have around 50 sounds and it takes forever to download in steam)

so would my MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST file look like this:#ALL
misc/woohoo.wav
misc/woohoo2.wav
misc/awwcrap.wav
misc/awwcrap2.wav
misc/awwman.wav
misc/haha.wav
misc/haha3.wav
misc/haha4.wav
misc/doh.wav
misc/doh2.wav
misc/doh3.wav
misc/doh4.wav
misc/doh5.wav
misc/doh7.wav
misc/dohoo.wav
misc/dohnuts.wav
misc/ow.wav
misc/diebitch.wav
misc/bendover.wav
misc/back.wav
misc/kickass.wav
misc/pussy.wav
misc/nowyourdead.wav
misc/camper2.wav
misc/dm_dontshoot.wav
misc/slappunk.wav
misc/wtf2.wav
misc/crying.wav
misc/whosaid.wav
misc/assismine.wav
misc/suckdick.wav
misc/def_stupid.wav
misc/sneaky.wav
misc/fuckball.wav
misc/fatman.wav
misc/sister.wav
misc/shit.wav
misc/gj3.wav;
misc/gj4.wav
misc/pukes.wav
misc/goodbye.wav
misc/holyshit.wav
misc/knocked.wav
misc/neck.wav
misc/loser.wav
misc/respect.wav
misc/ridinme.wav
misc/doomed.wav
misc/godlike.wav

or would i leave it blank?

therodge21502
11-11-2004, 17:47
This plugin will not work with amxmodx .20, it's been stated by several folks here, but I see no solutions being posted. Is there some other way to split up these sound files, so new players won't disconnect because there are a good bit of sounds to download? I even took the last post of a file that said it would work and opened the sma file and edited all the directory refernces so they were correct, but now I get :

Fatal Error - Dedicated server

Host_Error: PF_precache_sound_I : Bad string ' * sound lol.wav

Just curious if there is any support for this plugin or another way to manage downloading sounds.

thanks!

nbigdog2000
11-23-2004, 22:17
got a question... i set up everything... amxx file in the plugin folder and the right song names in the master_sound_dl_list
#ALL #ALL
sound misc/202_bigfatass.wav
sound misc/doomed.wav
sound misc/gameover.wav
sound misc/haha.wav
sound misc/joe.wav
sound misc/mortalkombat.wav
sound misc/noooo.wav
sound misc/south.wav

is it wrong or wat, and is the master_sound_dl_list suppose 2 be in the
dedicated server\cstrike or the ds\cstrike\addons or cstrike\addons\amxmodx or addons\amxmodx\configs

ezphilosophy
12-17-2004, 04:52
This plugin doesn't seem to want to load. "bad load" to be exact.

I then edited the .sma file to make "/amxx/..." to be "/amxmodx/.."

That is the name of the folder, so I thought it's wise to change to correct folder name.

HOwever, either way, it still won't load. Any ideas?
:cry:

MistaGee
02-01-2005, 11:54
I've compiled the Script for AmxModX 1.0 and it works fine...
I've also added a couple of functions (like comments in the list file), so I added a + to the version number. I only changed name cuz I was too lazy to type that long name into my plugins.ini :p

I also added a long comment in a file when it is newly created giving a brief description about the way it has to look like.

The name of the file is now being stored in a #define'd variable to make things easier for changes. I set the path to
addons/amxmodx/configs/MASTER_DL_LIST.TXT

in the sma you'll fund comments telling you about the changes I did...

btw: I've done this with the version from the very first post in this thread.

shadowed
02-13-2005, 05:19
would it be possible to get one that works for wad files instead of sounds???

MistaGee
02-13-2005, 07:00
this one does. just list the name of the .wad file in the DL list.

DocHolliday
02-18-2005, 12:18
guess im doing something wrong,

but it downloads the .wav file when ya join the server, just doesn't play it.

MistaGee
02-19-2005, 07:58
as I already said in the PM, this script isn't meant to play sounds, just to download them for later usage.

ktrain
03-04-2005, 14:12
hi i am trying to modify your source to precache tga(for sky's)

is there a precache_tga or precache_sky that can be used for this

ty

k

MistaGee
03-04-2005, 14:32
nope, bu I s'pose you can just use precache_model and enter the path from your mod directory, just as EJL did, so I think u can use this script for dl'ing tgas and stuff, just check it out on your own li'l HLDS
if the server crashes it doesn't work :D

ktrain
03-04-2005, 14:33
tried it, didnt work for the skies

any other ideas?

d3th_viper
03-05-2005, 15:25
im running a HLDS cs version
got 30 plugins running fine. tried this amx_down_load management plugin and at first i was getting erer on line 111 so i did some forums reading up.
relized that i didnt have any sounds added to the MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt file so i played with it for HOURS ! your sample makes no sence. then i finally came across some post ant page 3 here and found the way it sould look here is a sample of mine.

MASTER DOWNLOAD LIST for sounds - replaces res files. Format: read top of .sma file

#all
misc/ctwinnar02
misc/wasssup
misc/imgood12
misc/comeagian

#de_dust
misc/imgood12
misc/wasssup

#cs_italy
misc/comeagian
now this is in addons/amxx folder also have a copy in addons/amxx/custom
plugin loads fine but cant get it to download files on cleint side what gives?
oh also running amxmodx 1.0
also in the sma you say to create MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.cfg when it sould be a txt file

MistaGee
03-06-2005, 02:02
#all
misc/ctwinnar02
misc/wasssup
misc/imgood12
misc/comeagian

#de_dust
misc/imgood12
misc/wasssup

#cs_italy
misc/comeagian

well is is nearly fine, the only thing you did wrong was not to add ".wav" to the names, so in fact you didn't specify the full names :D

it works this way:
#de_dust
misc/imgood12.wav
misc/wasssup.wav
the same with the other sound files.

MistaGee
03-21-2005, 03:42
I've again enlarged this simply GREAT plugin for the following functions:
1. Downloading tgas (@ktrain..?)
2. Recognition for a map where you DO NOT want your files to be downloaded. For instance:

#!de_aztec
misc/one.wav
models/another1.mdl
sprites/yetanother1.spr
itisntoveryet.wad
gfx/butthisisit.tga

these files will be downloaded on any map except for de_aztec.

What is this good for, you'll ask. This is quite easy: On my LAN HLDS I've installed a lot of sounds and I want to share them with others, the only problem is that my Fast Download Server which allows a bearable download time is not installed on first boot of the HLDS, I don't know why, but it simply doesn't work. As the HLDS always runs de_aztec first, I added the function to the sma and I'll dl the files on every map except the first one, de_aztec, so the files will always be loaded with a working fast download server.

This is actually not yet tested but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work :p

€: before I forget: now mp3s can also be downloaded, but they have to be in the sound directory since their path is given like the wav's path:
misc/myk3wlsound.mp3 will in fact download the file /your/HLDS/directory/cstrike/sound/misc/myk3wlsound.mp3 !

ktrain
03-21-2005, 07:01
thanks

-= Schmitt =-
04-05-2005, 05:19
I have been playing with this plugin for hours and just cant seem to get it to work.

I'm running a amxmodx 1.01 on a linux cs:cz server. I have installed all the latest .sma and.amxx files. put the .txt into /hlds_l/czero/addons/amxmodx/configs
put the sound files into
/hlds_l/czero/sound/added_music

the text file reads
#ALL
added_music/68_Guns.wav

i have added a line to the speech.ini to be able to play the .wav at will

"68_Guns" "spk added_music/68_Guns.wav"

and it keeps coming up

Missing RIFF/WAVE chunk

Anyone give me any suggestions Please

Panther
07-09-2005, 09:33
:cry: I have used this plugin several years now, but after some time, I got the problem that with some custom maps, my server crashed with a crc error or a cache limit error. It took me quiet some time, to figger out that it was this plugin, because it precaches everything at once for all the maps and not per map, like the .res files do. So with this plugin installed, I couldn't run some custom maps, which our clan wanted to play.
I reverted to old style .res files for now, allthough your plugin was very easy to have.

Just so you know, maybe you can alter your plugin to fix the cache limit problem.

Greetz

Mulan
09-16-2005, 11:46
I become a Error

L 09/16/2005 - 16:45:19: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Mod_LoadBrushModel: cs_thunder.wad has wrong version number (860111191 should be 30)
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Mod_LoadBrushModel: cs_thunder.wad has wrong version number (860111191 should be 30)
Add "-debug" to the ./hlds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Fri Sep 16 16:45:19 CEST 2005: Server restart in 10 seconds

my MASTER_DL_LIST.txt:

#ALL
misc/blocker.wav
misc/blues.wav
misc/evil.wav
misc/pan.wav
misc/was.wav
cs_thunder.wad
jos.wad
nrron.wad

#kz_h0pbl0ck
fo_h0pbl0ck.wad

#kz_sup3rh0p
sup3rh0p0.wad

#kz_ultimateclimb
tfc.WAD
tfc2.wad

Help me plz :(

MistaGee
09-17-2005, 05:12
seems like your wad is messed up... I don't have this one so I can't send you another copy, just try to find it somewhere else.
BTW: I'm not quite sure if wads work too well with this plugin, so if you can't get it to work even with a new wad, then it's a problem with the script.

Greetz MGee

Mulan
09-20-2005, 18:41
thy I find a other Answer...
I use the script only for wav-files and make a res-file for the wad's
thats works fine

beezkneez
10-19-2005, 15:48
in this plugin do we need to do anything with the allowdownload in the server.cfg (or is it in the amxx.cfg) not sure, i think its sv_allowdowload, should that be 1 or o..

this is what my dl list looks like, and it doenst work, it could be cuz of this.

#ALL #ALL
sound misc/benny1.wav
sound misc/bipbip.wav

#mapname #de_dust2_cz
sound misc/blade1.wav
sound misc/burp.wav

#mapname #cs_italy_cz
sound misc/applause.wav
sound misc/chicken4.wav

#mapname #de_aztec_cz
sound misc/risa.wav
sound misc/gemido01.wav

#mapname #fy_simpsons
sound misc/gemido01.wav
sound misc/gemido03.wav

#mapname #de_dust_cz
sound misc/gemido04.wav
sound misc/kotosting.wav

#mapname #aim_ak-colt
sound misc/risamolo.wav
sound misc/stinger12.wav
sound misc/teleport_out_01.wav

MistaGee
10-19-2005, 16:43
it's not the cvars but you config file. try...

#ALL
misc/benny1.wav
misc/bipbip.wav

#de_dust2_cz
misc/blade1.wav
misc/burp.wav

#cs_italy_cz
misc/applause.wav
misc/chicken4.wav

#de_aztec_cz
misc/risa.wav
misc/gemido01.wav

#fy_simpsons
misc/gemido01.wav
misc/gemido03.wav

#de_dust_cz
misc/gemido04.wav
misc/kotosting.wav

#aim_ak-colt
misc/risamolo.wav
misc/stinger12.wav
misc/teleport_out_01.wav

that should work.

Greetz MGee

beezkneez
10-19-2005, 17:18
i know its not a cvar but do we need that cvar to be 1 or 2?

unnamed_ro
11-10-2005, 13:29
Re all i have sound_download_management on my server but i cant make it work i tried to program it to download a sound (\Sierra\Half-Life\cstrike\sound\radio\ terwin) like this:
#ALL #ALL
sound terwin.wav
or this:

#ALL #ALL
sound radio/terwin.wav

But i get this error:

Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sound

Can someone help me?

MistaGee
11-11-2005, 10:13
did you read b4 you posted? beezkneez had exactly the same problem and I told him how to solve it :)

Greetz MGee

unnamed_ro
11-11-2005, 13:23
You dont seem to understand terwin.wav is not a new sound we all have it but i need it to overwrite the default terwin.wav with the new terwin.wav i have made and put on the server

MistaGee
11-11-2005, 13:37
first, your file is formatted wrong anyway :P

second, I don't think that's such a good idea FORCING ppl joining your server to apply your terwin.wav, cuz if they don't want to do that but already joined your server they won't have a chance to undo or prevent the change...
just add an imessage showing, hey guyz I've made this sound, go get it at <LINK>

Greetz MGee

unnamed_ro
11-11-2005, 15:34
first, your file is formatted wrong anyway :P

second, I don't think that's such a good idea FORCING ppl joining your server to apply your terwin.wav, cuz if they don't want to do that but already joined your server they won't have a chance to undo or prevent the change...
just add an imessage showing, hey guyz I've made this sound, go get it at <LINK>

Greetz MGee

I have made a link 4 my sounds but some ppl have no ideea how to use them and the default sound 4 terwin 4 example is not hard to find at all
every c.s has it

What do you mean your file is formatted wrong anyway ?

MistaGee
11-12-2005, 03:52
#ALL #ALL
sound terwin.wav should be #ALL
terwin.wav

Greetz MGee

unnamed_ro
11-12-2005, 09:43
I tried that it doesnt work

Is not crushing but is not downloading either

MistaGee
11-12-2005, 09:54
this is because the server checks if you have this sound already, which you do, but not which version of the sound it is... sry, forgot that when postin...

Greetz MGee

unnamed_ro
11-12-2005, 10:09
EXACTLY that i have been trying to tell you from the begining i need it to overwrite the client terwin with my terwin

R@tch3t
11-12-2005, 19:26
Another confusing plug when it comes to support.We have 2 ppl at the begining of post talking about how similar the 2 are and provide a link for a complete package?Then the next few pages there several different .smas being posted.Stating i changed this another says i changed that and provide an .sma.When i had fnished reading entire post i had no idea what .sma works, if it even works,i dont get it.What go back reread it,no!This topic needs to be edited and an updated version posted on 1st page.This is a good example why i dont bother with any approved plugs that have multiple pages,gotta be buggy and or difficult to install with none or little support from author.:cry:

MistaGee
11-14-2005, 08:23
i need it to overwrite the client terwin with my terwin
sry that I'm only human, plz forgive me making mistakes :twisted:
overwriting sounds will not be possible with this plugin because the hl engine only checks if there already is a file with the same name as the one you want to download... I knew what you meant all along, I just forgot about this issue. :)

i had no idea what .sma works, if it even works,i dont get it.
well, all of them work, some just provide more/different features than others do.

with none or little support from author.:cry:
erm... just regard the last two pages... I'm trying to give support man! :wink:

Greetz MGee

R@tch3t
11-14-2005, 20:25
Thx Mistagee thats helps, knowing what to disregard and what to focus on thx man.Can ya get those 2 pages removed?

wolf414
12-11-2005, 13:05
it loaded fine but its not letting me dl the sounds

#all #all
sound misc/wolf.wav
sound misc/woohoo.wav;misc/woohoo2.wav
sound misc/awwcrap.wav;misc/awwcrap2.wav;misc/awwman.wav
sound misc/haha.wav
sound misc/doh.wav;misc/doh2.wav;misc/doh3.wav;misc/doh4.wav;misc/doh5.wav;misc/doh7.wav;misc/dohoo.wav;misc/dohnuts.wav
sound misc/bud.wav;misc/weis.wav;misc/er.wav
sound misc/ow.wav
sound misc/doomed.wav
sound misc/taliban.wav
sound misc/taliban.wav
sound misc/taliban.wav
sound misc/aol.wav
sound misc/schoki.wav

i have the txt file in cstrike/addons/amxmodx/custom

so idk what the problem is????
please help

ps this looks messy but its not its just how the forums placed it in there.

wolf414
12-11-2005, 13:13
srry for the double reply but i think i might know why the server i rent paths are this/CS16 14 Slots on 205.234.210.196 port 27015/addons/amxmodx/custom/

and in the sma you have this path addons/amxx/custom/MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt

could that be the reason???? would i have to edit the sma and recompile so the paths are right?

UPDATED:
ok i created a folder in addons called amxx and also the custom. then i put the txt file there i went to my server it dl the soundsBUT after that the server doesnt load the rest of the way so i cannot get into it. the the path thing is what needs to be changed so i guess i would have to customize it.

EDIT AGAIN

i compiled the sma and still the same thing the sounds dl then i wouldnt finishing loading and i could not get in the server??????
#include <amxmodx>

public plugin_precache() {
new ThisMap[32]
get_mapname(ThisMap, 32)
new soundfile[128]
new line
new txtlen
new prec_on = 0
if (file_exists("addons/amxmodx/custom/MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt")){
while((line=read_file("addons/amxmodx/custom/MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt",line,soundfile,128,txtlen))!=0){
if(equal(soundfile[0],"#",1)){
if(prec_on == 1)
prec_on = 0
if( (equali(soundfile[1],ThisMap)) || (equali(soundfile[1],"ALL",3)) )
prec_on = 1
}else{
if(containi(soundfile,".wav") != -1){
if(prec_on == 1){
precache_sound(soundfile)
}
}
else if(containi(soundfile,".spr") != -1){
if(prec_on == 1){
}
}
else if(containi(soundfile,".mdl") != -1){
if(prec_on == 1){
}
}
else if(containi(soundfile,".wad") != -1){
if(prec_on == 1){
}
}
}
}
}else{
write_file("addons/amxmodx/custom/MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt","MASTER DOWNLOAD LIST for sounds - replaces res files. Format: read top of .sma file",-1)
}
return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

public plugin_init(){
register_plugin("SOUND DOWNLOAD MANAGEMENT","1.2","EJL")

MistaGee
12-11-2005, 16:13
this is one thing you'll have to do, but you'll have to change the dl list file a little. Remove the "sound" in front of every line,so that only the filenames are in one line:
sound filename should be filename

Greetz MGee

TSchoko
02-05-2006, 07:13
I want a MP3 Support, plz

redshorty4
02-14-2006, 18:58
the code automaticly thinks that the sound file is in the sounds folder, for example if you wanted to do weapon sounds, it is in models/weapons, not sounds/ can you make it so that you specify weather it is in sounds or models?

redshorty4
02-15-2006, 17:54
ok i am having problems with this plugin, it is only downloading 3 of my sounds. I have them in there right i think. Here is what is exactly in the master_sound_dl_list.cfg file,

master download list for sounds - replaces res files. Format: read top of .sma file

#ALL
models/p_c4.mdl
models/v_c4.mdl
models/w_c4.mdl
weapons/c4_disarm.wav
weapons/c4_disarmed.wav
weapons/c4_explode1.wav
weapons/c4_plant.wav
weapons/c4button.wav
weapons/c4armed.wav
weapons/c4on.wav

It is only downloading the last 3 sounds and not the models.
I have also attaced the file in txt form cuz it wont allow .cfg files, just in case. I have the mdl's in cstrike/models and the sounds in cstrike/sound/weapons I dont know whats wrong

redshorty4
02-17-2006, 18:23
???

flintst0nes
07-28-2006, 14:58
recompiled this for amxx 1.x by changing the pathes to addons/amxmodx/configs/MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt and it works perfectly.

now i'm despairing with this mp3 stuff. plugin will not load any mp3's in MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.

change of the elseif clause in sma crashes server

any suggestions ?

flintst0nes
07-28-2006, 15:44
It took a while, but here is the improved version for the newest amxx. figuring out how mp3 support works wasnt so hard, but nobody did it before, so here it is

! NOW WITH MP3 SUPPORT !

- YES, IT WORKS WITH SV_DOWNLOADURL

- changed pathes to addons/amxmodx/configs/MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt

- for mp3 use, your MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt must contain the path sound/~ before your filenames.
eg: your file is cstrike/sound/misc/mymp3.mp3, then write sound/misc/mymp3.mp3 to MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt

- usual .wav files stay as before: misc/mywav.wav

- excuse my bad english :D german is my native language

KNOWN BUG: trying to play files in MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST with incorrect path or name will force /sound_off to the player

eg: here is my MASTER_SOUND_DL_LIST.txt:

#ALL

misc/cl_join.wav
misc/cl_part.wav
misc/dominating.wav
misc/doublekill.wav
misc/godlike.wav
misc/headhunter.wav
misc/headshot.wav
misc/holyshit.wav
misc/humiliation.wav
misc/impressive.wav
misc/killingspree.wav
misc/monsterkill.wav
misc/multikill.wav
misc/perfect.wav
misc/prepare.wav
misc/rampage.wav
misc/say_camper.wav
misc/say_becool.wav
misc/say_blocker.wav
sound/misc/say_lastresort.mp3
misc/say_lol.wav
misc/say_nice.wav
sound/misc/say_song2.mp3
misc/ultrakill.wav
misc/unstoppable.wav

HAVE FUN

Testserver: 85.131.217.14:27025 * flinst0nes.de.vu FUNSERVER * FAST DL *

mscorp
10-11-2006, 01:51
ssory for my english, but if I`have a server with map for example pepe.bsp an this maps required xx.wav or xx.spr (sound and sprite), these have automatic download to client, or not?... and the plugin for what?..

quest Nº 2:
I`have in mi server this plugin, but I´like what the server "force" to download the gas bomb sprite, but have cheaters with fake sprite files...

this plugin only download this sprite when the file don`t is present in my csrike/sprite folder...but no when this file is fund...

can this plugin "to force" download sprite, model, etc files to client?....

thanks.... thanks... from buenos aires - argentina

Sash
10-13-2006, 08:54
How does it works with fastdownload??

Must the folder on the download server like the folder in cstrike or what???

Spiky Pirate
11-29-2006, 16:14
Excellent update by Flint!
Thank you so much

flintst0nes
11-29-2006, 16:34
you're welcome

HeXeN
07-20-2007, 21:35
hey u guys i just want a clear answer.
so basicaly. ex: if i run a filipino server. then if i have some customized sounds for the radio's (ex: Go Go Go!!) and if i put them into my server's sound etc. would the plugin let the players download them automaticaly??
reply pls.

siresword
04-24-2008, 17:01
hello.

i'm making a 1.6 server for a lan party i'm going to have soon, and i wanted to set it up so that people will really enjoy the game.

i have amxx and metamod, and plenty of working plugins.
my only problem is that i cannot get my server to distribute sounds to clients
i have installed the ultimate sounds plugin and i have it working with the female ut sounds.
everything works fine on my computer because my cs already has the wav's downloaded.

i removed one to test the download of files from the server, and i keep getting this error (from both the precache and ludwig's plugin)

Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/misc/female/f_headshot.wav

i get this error every time.
i've tried different versions of ludwig's sound download mod (notably the most recent ones from flinstones with the updated paths)
and the simple precache plugin from the UT sounds guide on this forum

is there any advice you guys can give to help fix this problem ?

AudioMan612
06-03-2009, 01:21
I've quickly skimmed this entire thread, and my question is this:

Is there a version of this plugin that works with the latest version of amxmodx that allows downloading of all types of files from directories other than the sound directory (models, sprites, etc.)?