PDA

View Full Version : [Release] Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

sirmoe
01-22-2012, 20:50
Hi guys,

getting a few errors over and over

Error: the XML response that was returned from the server is invalid. Received:
Warning: stream_set_timeout(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/bans/includes/CServerInfo.php on line 187

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/bans/includes/CServerInfo.php on line 201

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/bans/includes/CServerInfo.php on line 263

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/bans/includes/CServerInfo.php:187) in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/bans/includes/xajax.inc.php on line 766

Any ideas?

Peace-Maker
01-23-2012, 05:14
Your webpanel is unable to contact your gameserver. Read this info closely.
http://sourcebans.net/faq/which-ports-does-sourcebans-webpanel-require-be-open

thetwistedpanda
01-24-2012, 18:52
I don't suppose anyone would happen to know why I'm unable to use the Group ban feature? I get something along the lines of the following, despite everything being correct:

Banned 0/0 players of group 'jetguild'.
0 were banned already.
0 failed.

Izum
01-25-2012, 03:45
Server query doesn't work. Error connecting (XX.XXX.XXX.41:27015)

The test script gives out here it:

[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server XX.XXX.XXX.41:27015

[+] Trying to establish UDP connection
[+] UDP connection successfull!
[+] Trying to write to the socket
[+] Successfully requested server info. Reading...
[-] Error getting server info.

[+] Trying to establish TCP connection
[+] TCP connection successfull!
[+] Trying to write to TCP socket and authenticate via rcon
[+] Successfully sent authentication request. Reading...
[+] Got an response!
[+] Password correct!

Where to search for an error?

Also monitoring of servers from Psychostats doesn't work, but for some reason normally works from HLStatsX on that hosting.

Peace-Maker
01-25-2012, 03:48
I don't suppose anyone would happen to know why I'm unable to use the Group ban feature? I get something along the lines of the following, despite everything being correct:

Replace your /includes/sb-callback.php with this one.
http://code.google.com/p/sourcebans/source/detail?r=117

Horsedick
01-25-2012, 10:04
Server query doesn't work. Error connecting (XX.XXX.XXX.41:27015)

The test script gives out here it:

[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server XX.XXX.XXX.41:27015

[+] Successfully requested server info. Reading...
[-] Error getting server info.

[+] TCP connection successfull!
[+] Trying to write to TCP socket and authenticate via rcon
[+] Successfully sent authentication request. Reading...
[+] Got an response!
[+] Password correct!

Where to search for an error?

Also monitoring of servers from Psychostats doesn't work, but for some reason normally works from HLStatsX on that hosting.

You need to have your host open up both TCP/UDP of that IP# and port 27015..they need to set a rule for it.

Also on a side note not related to his problem.... does the creator of this plugin even come on here anymore? I made a suggestion and/or request about 4 pages back and even sent in a PM over on that other page of it with no response. So is this supported still or what?

Peace-Maker
01-25-2012, 11:16
Also on a side note not related to his problem.... does the creator of this plugin even come on here anymore? I made a suggestion and/or request about 4 pages back and even sent in a PM over on that other page of it with no response. So is this supported still or what?

If you wrote to the thread creator Olly, you might wrote the wrong person. He moved on to developing kick-ass games over at Interwave Studios. See the other team members and post on our tracker (http://tracker.hlxce.com/projects/sourcebans) to get your voice heared. Posting requests in this support thread isn't easy to keep track of:)

I've read that request, but as SourceBans is on feature lock so we could force our manpower (if we had some) on the rewrite v2, that's possibly not going to happen anytime soon.

You could just try to edit it yourself though. Maybe removing line 538 and 585 in /pages/page.banlist.php is enough.
if($userbank->is_admin()) { + the closing "}".

Horsedick
01-25-2012, 11:51
If you wrote to the thread creator Olly, you might wrote the wrong person. He moved on to developing kick-ass games over at Interwave Studios. See the other team members and post on our tracker (http://tracker.hlxce.com/projects/sourcebans) to get your voice heared. Posting requests in this support thread isn't easy to keep track of:)

I've read that request, but as SourceBans is on feature lock so we could force our manpower (if we had some) on the rewrite v2, that's possibly not going to happen anytime soon.

You could just try to edit it yourself though. Maybe removing line 538 and 585 in /pages/page.banlist.php is enough.
if($userbank->is_admin()) { + the closing "}".

Thanks I'll take a look at that php code

GunSpeed
01-26-2012, 11:02
For the update only, should I just upload the web folder only? I've checked the plugin and the size differs, need some more info regarding upgrading and some warning too, in case someone overwrites the config files and loses all the settings...etc

Thanks!

Peace-Maker
01-26-2012, 17:06
You don't need to replace your sourcebans.cfg during update. In this particular case (1.4.9), only the .smx is needed to be uploaded to your gameserver(s). The whole web_upload content needs to get on your webserver though.

404UserNotFound
01-27-2012, 07:19
Ok so my host added the missing lib files and such.

But now I'm getting this error ;_;

L 01/27/2012 - 07:08:14: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [2002]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2). See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20

My game server and database/site are on the same box, and there was a warning about that...but this seems to be different, something to do with some "sock" file.

i r not gud wit dis sql st00f.

checkster
01-28-2012, 09:26
A question regarding "Enable Friends Banning" how exactly does this work ?
Cause if I add group banning I get the feature in the mysite/index.php?p=admin&c=bans.
But the friends feature do not appear there, so is that a feature that do not work ?
Or does it work in a diff way than group bans ?
Like if I ban myself and a friend tries to connect he gets added to the ban list ?

01-28-2012, 14:32
Hey, I'm wondering if I could get some minor assistance regarding Sourcebans. I currently have multiple game-servers running on one physical server so I have multiple Server IDs to assign to a single sourcebans.cfg. Is there any easy way around this?

Thank you to any who can offer some solution.

Horsedick
01-28-2012, 15:28
Hey, I'm wondering if I could get some minor assistance regarding Sourcebans. I currently have multiple game-servers running on one physical server so I have multiple Server IDs to assign to a single database.cfg. Is there any easy way around this?

Fire up each server from within a different game directory..each instance from its own location. That's the only way you will get around that and other problems.

checkster
01-28-2012, 19:47
Hey, I'm wondering if I could get some minor assistance regarding Sourcebans. I currently have multiple game-servers running on one physical server so I have multiple Server IDs to assign to a single database.cfg. Is there any easy way around this?

Server id's go here /cstrike/addons/sourcemod/configs/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg
Not in the database.cfg

// This is the ID of this server (Check in the admin panel -> servers to find the ID of this server)
"1" "1"
So basically same database.cfg on all servers then just assign the id in the sourcebans.cfg

Peace-Maker
01-29-2012, 03:40
Server id's go here /cstrike/addons/sourcemod/configs/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg
Not in the database.cfg

// This is the ID of this server (Check in the admin panel -> servers to find the ID of this server)
"1" "1"
So basically same database.cfg on all servers then just assign the id in the sourcebans.cfg

That's basically right, but the key for the ServerID has to stay the same:

"ServerID" "1"

A question regarding "Enable Friends Banning" how exactly does this work ?
Cause if I add group banning I get the feature in the mysite/index.php?p=admin&c=bans.
But the friends feature do not appear there, so is that a feature that do not work ?
Or does it work in a diff way than group bans ?
Like if I ban myself and a friend tries to connect he gets added to the ban list ?

Enabling that feature adds a new option to the banlist next to each ban in the slidedown. You'll be able to ban all friends of a banned player.

Ok so my host added the missing lib files and such.

But now I'm getting this error ;_;

L 01/27/2012 - 07:08:14: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [2002]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2). See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20

My game server and database/site are on the same box, and there was a warning about that...but this seems to be different, something to do with some "sock" file.

i r not gud wit dis sql st00f.

Try setting the "host" field in your databases.cfg from "localhost" to "127.0.0.1". This still points to the same machine, but uses the IP protocol instead of the direct socket one.
If that fails, ask your host to create a symlink of the mysql.sock in the directory in the error: /tmp/mysql.sock

checkster
01-29-2012, 04:39
Enabling that feature adds a new option to the banlist next to each ban in the slidedown. You'll be able to ban all friends of a banned player.

Thanks. Last time I added it I did not see it, so I got worried that it was a auto feature that banned all friends of the user.
Got it working this time.

01-29-2012, 10:10

Problem is Checkster, that all 3 servers use the same sourcebans.cfg file.

Fire up each server from within a different game directory..each instance from its own location. That's the only way you will get around that and other problems.

I was hoping not to have to use separate game-folders due to the ease of updating/editing combined servers as one.

Is there absolutely no way around this, or possibly to add a feature to allow multiple IDs from IPs instead (maybe via the fact they all come from different ports e.g. 27015-27017)?

Edit: After searching around, the argument, +sm_basepath addons/sourcemod2 may be a half-solution to my problem but would still mean editing/updating each SourceMod folder separately for every plugin update (unless I used symlinks which would probably introduce new problems).

DJ Tsunami
01-29-2012, 16:27
Please read http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Multiple_or_Forked_Servers_(SourceMod). SourceMod doesn't support multiple servers running from one installation, so neither will SourceBans. That page even mentions symlinks as a solution, but you probably shouldn't symlink the data, configs, gamedata and logs folders.

01-29-2012, 19:14
Yea I did read that earlier Tsunami. I'll just be symlinking the plugins folder for now, and use the +mm_pluginsfile addons/metamod/metaplugins1.ini +sm_basepath addons/sourcemod1 arguments for separate SM installs. Seems to work well enough for my needs after a few soft/hard links here and there. Maybe one day TF2 will be like L4D in running true forked servers.

Thanks for your assistance.

As for the SourceBans plugin, keep up the excellent work guys! It's absolutely a fine piece of work.

Edit:
Whilst I'm here, I want to point out a couple of errors. If you sign out using another tab, then click a link in the original tab, you'll get the following message I think needs touching up. Just an apostrophe and capitalization here and there.

You shoudnt be here. looks like we messed up ><

Secondly, you should make mention that your proposed database.cfg in the script isn't always correct. Not everyone's MySQL socket lies in the /tmp folder. Mine (using ArchLinux) lies in /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock so I had to change the host setting from localhost to /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock for it to work.

Lastly, could you possibly make it so the ban reason is taken from the entire string after the 3rd argument if quotes aren't used?

Thank you.

hasjduden
02-07-2012, 02:35
Yaw everyone!

This is my SourceBans panel: http://nbgaming.com/bans/

I have one private hosted server (.:NBG:. #1 SURF DM:RPG | FastDL - NBGaming.com) and one that I have payed for (.:NBG:. #3 Norwegian JailBreak | FastDL - NBGaming.com). SourceBans is working perfectly on the private hosted one, but it isent working on the one that I have bought on http://www.counter-strike.com/

On the one that I bought I wont get admin when I add the myself on SourceBans. I have checked Server ID and server permission. When i type sm plugins list in-game I can see the SourceBans-plugin running. The RCON from the webpanel is working on the server.

I really can't figure this out :/

mgunnett
02-07-2012, 04:39
Yaw everyone!

This is my SourceBans panel: http://nbgaming.com/bans/

I have one private hosted server (.:NBG:. #1 SURF DM:RPG | FastDL - NBGaming.com) and one that I have payed for (.:NBG:. #3 Norwegian JailBreak | FastDL - NBGaming.com). SourceBans is working perfectly on the private hosted one, but it isent working on the one that I have bought on http://www.counter-strike.com/

On the one that I bought I wont get admin when I add the myself on SourceBans. I have checked Server ID and server permission. When i type sm plugins list in-game I can see the SourceBans-plugin running. The RCON from the webpanel is working on the server.

I really can't figure this out :/

Have you added sm_reloadadmins to the server.cfg? Sometimes for whatever reason the server fails to load the admins properly on map change. Adding the command forces the server to ensure that the admins are loaded.

hasjduden
02-07-2012, 10:48
Have you added sm_reloadadmins to the server.cfg? Sometimes for whatever reason the server fails to load the admins properly on map change. Adding the command forces the server to ensure that the admins are loaded.

Tried it now, diddent work :/

[SM] You do not have access to this command.
Y

Horsedick
02-07-2012, 19:39
I've got a question myself here about adding something to the Admin Hashing... I'd like to set it to push out sm_reloadscc to each server after it hashs the servers for adding an admin since this is needed to apply change of chat colors, tag colors etc... suggestions where to put this?

mgunnett
02-07-2012, 20:42
Tried it now, diddent work :/

Have you verified that the admin has access to the server and has permissions?

I've got a question myself here about adding something to the Admin Hashing... I'd like to set it to push out sm_reloadscc to each server after it hashs the servers for adding an admin since this is needed to apply change of chat colors, tag colors etc... suggestions where to put this?

Depends. If you are talking about after each map change I would place

sm_reloadadmins
sm_reloadscc

in that order inside your server.cfg. If you are talking about after each change to an admin in the webpanel, where it says "Rehashing admins on the servers" then I would suggest editing the PHP file that rehashes the admins.

That might actually be a neat feature for Sourcebans in the future is a section of the server editor that runs commands before/after an sm_reloadadmins command on the server.

Horsedick
02-07-2012, 21:16
That might actually be a neat feature for Sourcebans in the future is a section of the server editor that runs commands before/after an sm_reloadadmins command on the server.

as of now I use RCON thru HLSW (or the RCON thru SB) to hit each server with that command when I add a new "Admin"... be nice to have a option to make it auto run the command after the server hashes (adds) the admins so this wouldn't be required.

as far as you saying map changes..well if you run one map 24/7 then ya gotta keep that in mind and doing the above thru RCON quickly on each server vs a map restart that loses people sometimes and frustrating to players is out of the question - that goes back to my request or inquiry.

mgunnett
02-07-2012, 21:19
Yea, the only thing I can think of would be to edit the PHP files itself and add in that command to be run on the server after each rehash.

Peace-Maker
02-07-2012, 21:38
Yea, the only thing I can think of would be to edit the PHP files itself and add in that command to be run on the server after each rehash.

In /includes/sb-callback.php search for
$ret = $r->rconCommand("sm_rehash");
and repeat that line with different commands ;)

mgunnett
02-07-2012, 21:47
I have added a feature request for the above. http://tracker.hlxce.com/issues/1489

desynced
02-07-2012, 22:35
Is there any way when an admin bans someone, it doesnt automatically kick them? After the last week of one server getting alot of people using hacks, the admins would sort of like to ban them, then abuse them till they leave. :)

(Mirror Damage, Happy Player, Evil Vision, SetSpeed to 25, Gravity set to 999999, etc.)

Horsedick
02-08-2012, 09:15
Is there any way when an admin bans someone, it doesnt automatically kick them? After the last week of one server getting alot of people using hacks, the admins would sort of like to ban them, then abuse them till they leave. :)

(Mirror Damage, Happy Player, Evil Vision, SetSpeed to 25, Gravity set to 999999, etc.)

Just status the server.. write down the SteamID and after they leave then put the ban on them thru the web panel.

Horsedick
02-08-2012, 09:18
In /includes/sb-callback.php search for
$ret = $r->rconCommand("sm_rehash");and repeat that line with different commands ;)

aww awesome Peace.. so I just basically copied the same line right below that one and replaced the sm_rehash with sm_reloadscc

great!

Edit: Nope didn't work... I get this error in the server that user is in if I add them while they are in it which I have to unload and reload the simple-chat colors plugin to get it to work after that.

21:12:14 L 02/08/2012 - 20:12:26: [SM] Native "CloseHandle" reported: Handle 38a7029d is invalid (error 1)
21:12:14 L 02/08/2012 - 20:12:26: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "simple-chatcolors.smx":
21:12:14 L 02/08/2012 - 20:12:26: [SM] [0] Line 180, C:\compiler\simple-chatcolors.sp::CheckPlayer()
21:12:14 L 02/08/2012 - 20:12:26: [SM] [1] Line 149, C:\compiler\simple-chatcolors.sp::Command_Reload()

hasjduden
02-08-2012, 12:07
Have you verified that the admin has access to the server and has permissions?

Yes :/

mgunnett
02-08-2012, 19:48
Yes :/

I probably should have asked this first, but are there any errors in the Sourcemod and Sourcebans Log files? Usually located in <game>/addons/sourcemod/logs/

Peace-Maker
02-09-2012, 03:48
aww awesome Peace.. so I just basically copied the same line right below that one and replaced the sm_rehash with sm_reloadscc

great!

Edit: Nope didn't work... I get this error in the server that user is in if I add them while they are in it which I have to unload and reload the simple-chat colors plugin to get it to work after that.

Hm, that seems to be a problem with simple-chatcolors. Thinking of it - you'll have to delay the sm_reloadscc command until the sourcebans plugin fetched the updated admins list. You should probably do that with a small plugin.

new Handle:g_hReloadSCC = INVALID_HANDLE;
public OnPluginStart()
{
AddCommandListener("sm_rehash", Cmd_Rehash);
}

public Action:Cmd_Rehash(client, const String:command[], argc)
{
if(g_hReloadSCC != INVALID_HANDLE)
KillTimer(g_hReloadSCC);
g_hReloadSCC = CreateTimer(5.0, Timer_ReloadSCC);
return Plugin_Continue;
}

public Action:Timer_ReloadSCC(Handle:timer, any:data)
{
ServerCommand("sm_reloadscc");
g_hReloadSCC = INVALID_HANDLE;
return Plugin_Stop;
}
This assumes, that sourcebans will have the admins fetched within 5 seconds. I think that sounds reasonable :)

If you still got problems with sm_reloadscc, try adding g_aPlayers[client] = INVALID_HANDLE; in line 189 (http://code.google.com/p/sm-simple-plugins/source/browse/trunk/Simple%20Chat%20Processor/addons/sourcemod/scripting/simple-chatcolors.sp#189).

Horsedick
02-09-2012, 09:24
Ok so should I insert this code into simple chat colors or is that for a plugin of its own cause if I try to make that on its own I get an error.

02-09-2012, 13:10
Wow, no reply to my message (#2771 (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1640776&postcount=2771)) for a week then all these? :D

Since my suggestion and bug-sightings seem virtually unread, is there a place I can add a feature request. Taken from my post:

... could you possibly make it so the ban reason is taken from the entire string after the 3rd argument if quotes aren't used?

hasjduden
02-09-2012, 14:59
I probably should have asked this first, but are there any errors in the Sourcemod and Sourcebans Log files? Usually located in <game>/addons/sourcemod/logs/

Acutally there is!

L 02/09/2012 - 15:05:51: [SM] Native "SQL_TQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 02/09/2012 - 15:05:51: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sourcebans.smx":
L 02/09/2012 - 15:05:51: [SM] [0] Line 1398, D:\htdocs\sourcebans\trunk\game_upload\addons \sourcemod\scripting\sourcebans.sp::ProcessQu eueCallback()

:o Whats wrong?

Horsedick
02-09-2012, 15:06
Acutally there is!

:o Whats wrong?

Something is not connecting to your database...check the webconfig file to make sure you have everything set..same with the databases.cfg file, also make sure the host has those ports open for it to work correctly and you can test that with the debug php file.

hasjduden
02-09-2012, 15:51
Fixed it! :D kty for your help. It was me that diddent allow incoming data from that host.

Thank you! :)

Peace-Maker
02-09-2012, 19:23
Ok so should I insert this code into simple chat colors or is that for a plugin of its own cause if I try to make that on its own I get an error.
Yes, that plugin was meant to compile as an own plugin. I didn't test though obviously. Change AddCommandListener("sm_rehash", Cmd_Rehash); to AddCommandListener(Cmd_Rehash, "sm_rehash");

Wow, no reply to my message (#2771 (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1640776&postcount=2771)) for a week then all these? :D

Since my suggestion and bug-sightings seem virtually unread, is there a place I can add a feature request. Taken from my post:
I did read your post, but don't think that message is that mandatory, since it's on so many places one would need to edit.

The path to your mysqld.sock should map to the "localhost" setting on it's own. It's not sourcebans' fault, if that's wrong and we can't check it in any way neither.. It may be a problem in the sourcemod's mysql dbi extension, but that might only wrap the official mysql client library, so you should just add a symlink in the folder it's searching for.

Try this (http://sourcebans.googlecode.com/svn-history/r118/trunk/game_upload/addons/sourcemod/plugins/sourcebans.smx) version for the sm_ban reason without quotes.

02-10-2012, 11:42
When left as "localhost", SourceBans' errors messages said the socket was trying to reach /tmp/mysqld.sock, whilst everything about the server and MySQL worked perfect. Changing that one variable to /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock solved it all. No a biggie though. (Edit: Symlinks don't work if the file's size is 0, and attempts to create a folder instead of a file. Very odd issue with ArchLinx there!)

Thank you very much for the plugin version without quotes. Since no other arguments are used after the reason, I felt this was needed.

One final thing. This may not warrant a mention (or may even be a feature), but having a '/' in the admin's username causes the admins.cfg to break whilst parsing. For example, if the admin's name was "a/b" the relevant part of admins.cfg would come out as:

"a"
{
" b"
{
}
}

mniel0
02-10-2012, 16:23
sorry if this is mentioned in any thread before this, but ive looked through a lot of pages now...

When im Loading my sourcebans page it keeps saying something with max_user_connections etc etc..

anyone who can help me?

02-13-2012, 14:30
Try this (http://sourcebans.googlecode.com/svn-history/r118/trunk/game_upload/addons/sourcemod/plugins/sourcebans.smx) version for the sm_ban reason without quotes.

I find that the plugin you offer doesn't work as expected. With the normal plugin the log/console would appear as:
... (minutes "15") (reason "Annoying other players")

But the reason-without-quotes plugin above makes it come out as:
... (minutes "15") (reason "À4 Annoyingotherplayers")

Note: the "À4" appears as a symbol in the console.

I appreciate any fixes for this problem since the reason-without-quotes version is very useful. :)

Peace-Maker
02-13-2012, 18:56
I find that the plugin you offer doesn't work as expected.
Whops, i should test before commiting patches in the middle of the night :P
That (http://sourcebans.googlecode.com/svn-history/r119/trunk/game_upload/addons/sourcemod/plugins/sourcebans.smx)'s still untested, but should do it 100%

404UserNotFound
02-14-2012, 12:34
Solved the problem myself (I ended up CHMOD'ing the folders and checking off the "recursive" option)

404UserNotFound
02-15-2012, 18:04
So uh....for Web Admins, how come there's no "Edit Admin"-type option that only allows Web Admins to edit their details and not be able to edit anyone elses?

Or is there an option like that and I'm not seeing it?

DJ Tsunami
02-16-2012, 06:13
Because they can change most of their own details on the Your Account page.

DjRicki
02-22-2012, 18:19
Hi, I'm having trouble with my sourcebans. i just installed one of my new servers onto here. I have 2 server currently installed onto here. I have a jailbreak server which is up and running well and the one i just installed is an sk server. The best i can explain with the problem with the sk server is that the sourcebans is "recognizing the the sk server as if it was the jailbreak server", if that makes any sense. I banned my self from the sk server and sourcebans records it as if i banned my self from the other server. on the admin list in sourcebans, i am the only one that has admin on the sk server. For some reason, every admin from jailbreak has the same admin on the sk server. Can anyone help please?

mgunnett
02-22-2012, 18:21
The only thing I can think of is.... did you get the ServerID's correct in "addons/sourcemod/configs/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg"?

Horsedick
03-04-2012, 14:38
Interesting problem... got 6 servers listed on my SB's... one of them doesn't have RCON listed in the Action yet the others do... solution?

Peace-Maker
03-04-2012, 15:48
You only see the rcon action, if you got rcon access on that server. It's bound to the server permission, not the web access.

Horsedick
03-04-2012, 17:17
You only see the rcon action, if you got rcon access on that server. It's bound to the server permission, not the web access.

yeah this is the problem.. I have access on that server I created it the same as I created the others. Aside from the name of the server the server.cfg's are identical

Edit: Also i'm able to RCON just fine with HLSW to the server which means its giving me access.

Mr. Man
03-06-2012, 02:31
Have a bug to report:

When I issue !ban on someone, it doesn't get recorded in the SourceBan admin panel, but when I do it from the web panel, it does.

I also refreshed using /sb_reload.

Also received this error in the log (I cannot access !unban):

Zend\Apache2\htdocs\sourcebans\trunk\game_upl oad\addons\sourcemod\scripting\sourcebans.sp: :CommandUnban()

[SM] Unable to load extension "dbi.mysql.ext": libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Edit: I executed this in SSH: apt-get install lib32z1. The unban thing seems to be fixed. However, the logging issue for SourceBan is still here.

Interestingly, I also don't see the # of players blocked after banning myself and tried reconnecting on multiple occasions.

mgunnett
03-06-2012, 02:40
Have a bug to report:

When I issue !ban on someone, it doesn't get recorded in the SourceBan admin panel, but when I do it from the web panel, it does.

I also refreshed using /sb_reload.

First and foremost, If it really is a bug, this thread is not the place to be reporting it. You should be reporting it on the bug tracker at sourcebans.net

Secondly, It sounds like you misconfigured your server if it's not recording the bans properly. Ensure that the Server ID in "addons/sourcemod/config/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg" corresponds to the server ID on your web panel. Also check the logs for errors.

EDIT: It looks like you uploaded the game files to your webserver?

The second error tells us that your missing the MYSQL extension, therefore you can not connect to the web installation and add bans.

Mr. Man
03-06-2012, 02:55
First and foremost, If it really is a bug, this thread is not the place to be reporting it. You should be reporting it on the bug tracker at sourcebans.net

Secondly, It sounds like you misconfigured your server if it's not recording the bans properly. Ensure that the Server ID in "addons/sourcemod/config/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg" corresponds to the server ID on your web panel. Also check the logs for errors.

EDIT: It looks like you uploaded the game files to your webserver?

The second error tells us that your missing the MYSQL extension, therefore you can not connect to the web installation and add bans.

Sorry, got ninja'ed. But yes, I did. The server ID corresponds to the sourcebans.cfg.

A new error just popped up:

L 03/06/2012 - 10:53:27: [SM] Native "SQL_TQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 03/06/2012 - 10:53:27: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sourcebans.smx":
L 03/06/2012 - 10:53:27: [SM] [0] Line 1400, D:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\Apache2\htdocs\sourcebans\trunk\ga me_upload\addons\sourcemod\scripting\sourceba ns.sp::ProcessQueueCallback()

I did test both the UDP and TCP ports, and they are all open.

Mr. Man
03-06-2012, 04:03
Sorry, got ninja'ed. But yes, I did. The server ID corresponds to the sourcebans.cfg.

A new error just popped up:

L 03/06/2012 - 10:53:27: [SM] Native "SQL_TQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 03/06/2012 - 10:53:27: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sourcebans.smx":
L 03/06/2012 - 10:53:27: [SM] [0] Line 1400, D:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\Apache2\htdocs\sourcebans\trunk\ga me_upload\addons\sourcemod\scripting\sourceba ns.sp::ProcessQueueCallback()

I fixed everything by issuing this SQL query: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20

Horsedick
03-06-2012, 10:03

Did you test with the sb_debug_connection.php file?

mgunnett
03-06-2012, 14:13
That new error still stinks of a missing extension I think.

Mr. Man
03-06-2012, 15:16
Did you test with the sb_debug_connection.php file?

Yes, I did, but I resolved all the problems by granting access for the SQL account.

Streetdeath
03-11-2012, 08:56
Hello all,

"You will always get some code to add to /addons/sourcemod/configs/databases.txt"

You mean the databases.cfg or did I forget one?

My SourceBans does not work yet,
I now have the server added in SB, but it says "Error connecting"...

My homepage has a own database and my SourceBans has a own database, but from the same provider (Revido).
The Gameserver has a own database from Gamed!de.
Could this be a problem?

The Server ID is "1" in the sourcebans.cfg and the added Server in SB has 1 too (seen in the database).
The Server IP is correct too, i can join over SB in my Server, what could be wrong?

Horsedick
03-11-2012, 11:30
My SourceBans does not work yet,
I now have the server added in SB, but it says "Error connecting"...

What did the test config file say about opened ports from your webhost to the game server?
file name is sb_debug_connection.php

Streetdeath
03-11-2012, 12:23
Thanks for answer,

i cant find the file sb_debug_connection.php, i searched my complete ftp-server with total commander, i think my hoster gives me no access...
Needs the web-database external access?

My web-hoster gives no external access and gamed!de only charge...

AeroAcrobat
03-13-2012, 10:31
Hi,

I've the following problem with sourcebans:

I have a dedicated root server, lets name him dedi_server. On dedi_server is sourcebans running, everything is working. Now I have also a vps lets name him v_server. On v_server are the same plugins and configs like on the dedi_server but sourcebans is not working correctly...

If I ban myself on v_server through admin menu then I am banned but I am not showing up on the ban list in sourcebans and I can still connect to all other servers that are on dedi_server.

- sourcebans.cfg is configured right with the server ID "ServerID" "15", "AutoAddServer" "1" (+ip parameter is also set.)

- databeses.cfg
"sourcebans"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "here is ip of dedi_server" // The host where your mysql server is located
"database" "sourcebans" // The name of the database
"user" "root" // The name of the user that the plugin should use to connect
"pass" "xxx" // The password for this user
"port" "3306"
}

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10877736/trash/654321681.gif

errors.log:
L 03/13/2012 - 15:18:42: [SM] Native "SQL_TQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 03/13/2012 - 15:18:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sourcebans.smx":
L 03/13/2012 - 15:18:42: [SM] [0] Line 1400, D:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\Apache2\htdocs\sourcebans\trunk\ga me_upload\addons\sourcemod\scripting\sourceba ns.sp::ProcessQueueCallback()
sourcebans.log:
L 03/13/2012 - 14:41:31: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [1045]: Access denied for user 'root'@'12.345.167.8' (using password: YES). See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20I did all stuff like it is told in FAQ:
GRANT ALL ON database etc.

also if I start cmd -> telnet 123.456.78.9
I get a response.

I have also acces with SQlyog from my pc, works also...
No Firewall.

> > > any Idea how to solve the problem ? :(

AeroAcrobat
03-13-2012, 10:46
Thanks for answer,

i cant find the file sb_debug_connection.php, i searched my complete ftp-server with total commander, i think my hoster gives me no access...
Needs the web-database external access?

My web-hoster gives no external access and gamed!de only charge...

http://www.sourcebans.net/public/sb_debug_connection.zip

Powerlord
03-13-2012, 11:15
Hi,

I've the following problem with sourcebans:

I have a dedicated root server, lets name him dedi_server. On dedi_server is sourcebans running, everything is working. Now I have also a vps lets name him v_server. On v_server are the same plugins and configs like on the dedi_server but sourcebans is not working correctly...

If I ban myself on v_server through admin menu then I am banned but I am not showing up on the ban list in sourcebans and I can still connect to all other servers that are on dedi_server.

- sourcebans.cfg is configured right with the server ID "ServerID" "15", "AutoAddServer" "1" (+ip parameter is also set.)

- databeses.cfg
"sourcebans"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "here is ip of dedi_server" // The host where your mysql server is located
"port" "3306"
}

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10877736/trash/654321681.gif

errors.log:
L 03/13/2012 - 15:18:42: [SM] Native "SQL_TQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 03/13/2012 - 15:18:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sourcebans.smx":
L 03/13/2012 - 15:18:42: [SM] [0] Line 1400, D:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\Apache2\htdocs\sourcebans\trunk\ga me_upload\addons\sourcemod\scripting\sourceba ns.sp::ProcessQueueCallback()
sourcebans.log:
L 03/13/2012 - 14:41:31: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [1045]: Access denied for user 'root'@'12.345.167.8' (using password: YES). See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20I did all stuff like it is told in FAQ:
GRANT ALL ON database etc.

also if I start cmd -> telnet 123.456.78.9
I get a response.

I have also acces with SQlyog.
No Firewall.

> > > any Idea how to solve the problem ? :(

root? ROOT? Please tell me you're not trying to connect to MySQL over the Internet as root and there's an error in your databases.cfg file causing that to show up in the error log...

Incidentally, MySQL may be blocking remote connections as root. I haven't checked the MySQL manual, but this is likely intentional behavior. Create a separate database user for SourceBans instead.

Edit: By default, MySQL only allows root connections from the local machine. For security reasons, since anyone that can log in as the root database user can execute commands on the server as the user the DB server is running as... and heaven forbid the DB server is running as the Linux root user/Windows SYSTEM user.

AeroAcrobat
03-13-2012, 11:20
yes root ^^ I will change it later bcs everything is setup new.

Databases.cfg:
"Databases"
{
"driver_default" "mysql"

// When specifying "host", you may use an IP address, a hostname, or a socket file path

"default"
{
"driver" "default"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "sourcemod"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}

"storage-local"
{
"driver" "sqlite"
"database" "sourcemod-local"
}

"clientprefs"
{
"driver" "sqlite"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "clientprefs-sqlite"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}

"sourcebans"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "xxx" // The host where your mysql server is located
"port" "3306"
}
}

I have tested a connection through php with another webhoster and it works...

EDIT: hell yeah... its working now. The ban is showing up on the weblist and so far no errors :)

But one question:
How can I configure SB so that a player is banned on all servers ? Because I was only banned on my vps but not on the dedicated server.

MANY THANKS! :D

Horsedick
03-13-2012, 13:35
But one question:
How can I configure SB so that a player is banned on all servers ? Because I was only banned on my vps but not on the dedicated server.

MANY THANKS! :D

Rehash access to all servers and make sure you have all the servers checked for access by the user doing the banning or else it won't carry over to them.

LiilCraZy
03-17-2012, 09:00
I have a problem. So i did every step the manual told me but i get the error
Please delete the updater directory before using SourceBans

I've deleted the Install Directory. I don't know whats going on?

http://simplicity2g.org/sourcebans/

Horsedick
03-17-2012, 10:41
Please delete the updater directory before using SourceBansI've deleted the Install Directory. I don't know whats going on?

I replied to you in PM...this very same post you sent me. But I'll reply here too.

Are you sure you have all the ports open so you can get a connection to the server?

what does this say when you try it? Edit it to reflect the server IP# and port and RCON password if you want then upload it to the you're host and test the page to see if it gives any errors on the ports.

03-17-2012, 14:05
Please delete the updater directory before using SourceBans

I've deleted the Install Directory. I don't know whats going on?

You need to delete both the 'updater' and 'install' directories - not just one.

lonely_tramp
03-19-2012, 06:05
If you have Russian Translate for SB 1.4.9, please share this.
Если у вас есть русский перевод для SB 1.4.9, пожалуйста поделитесь им.

AcesGamer
03-24-2012, 00:47
I'm getting Error Connecting when I added my server. I ran the debug, and it returned this:

[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server 206.217.129.148:27015

[+] Successfully requested server info. (That doesn't mean anything on an UDP stream.) Reading...
[-] Error getting server info. Can't read from UDP stream. Port is possibly blocked.

[-] Error connecting #110: Connection timed out

However, I have no clue what to do from there.

Horsedick
03-24-2012, 10:19
I'm getting Error Connecting when I added my server. I ran the debug, and it returned this:

However, I have no clue what to do from there.

You need to contact the host that you're webpage is located and have them open up the port to that IP# and game port 206.217.129.148:27015 both TCP and UDP

Till then you will get this error and will have this problem.

thetwistedpanda
03-24-2012, 13:19
Peace-Maker (http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=41418), got an interesting issue for you. My SourceBans (http://ominousgaming.com/bans) installation runs fine. Bans are added correctly to the server, new admins / bans added on the web panel are sent to the servers, serverids are assigned to the correct value, and even that sm_debug_connection.php script posted a page or two back says everything is fine.

However, any changes to existing admins are not hashed to the server. Short of deleting and re-creating the admin (which I actually haven't tried due to the annoyance behind it), normal changes are not sent to the servers. o.O

Horsedick
03-24-2012, 15:51
Peace-Maker (http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=41418), got an interesting issue for you. My SourceBans (http://ominousgaming.com/bans) installation runs fine. Bans are added correctly to the server, new admins / bans added on the web panel are sent to the servers, serverids are assigned to the correct value, and even that sm_debug_connection.php script posted a page or two back says everything is fine.

However, any changes to existing admins are not hashed to the server. Short of deleting and re-creating the admin (which I actually haven't tried due to the annoyance behind it), normal changes are not sent to the servers. o.O

I've seen this also on a few of my servers that seem to just "forget" what is going on and are in need of a restart - sometimes this one server just forgets who admins are all together.

thetwistedpanda
03-24-2012, 16:29
Unfortunately, a server reset never resolves this issue for me. I've also had to disable "BackupConfigs" in sourcebans.cfg, otherwise the whole installation goes bonkers and won't load admins/groups correctly. It should be mentioned I've also attempted a reinstall of both server and web panel. I've been fiddling with this issue for over a month; I've run out of ideas.

Horsedick
03-24-2012, 17:35
Unfortunately, a server reset never resolves this issue for me. I've also had to disable "BackupConfigs" in sourcebans.cfg, otherwise the whole installation goes bonkers and won't load admins/groups correctly. It should be mentioned I've also attempted a reinstall of both server and web panel. I've been fiddling with this issue for over a month; I've run out of ideas.

I had one issue where the sucker kept overriding my admins.cfg and admin_groups.cfg files...I didn't want that I wanted them to be left alone yet the sourcebans still work as needed so I went in and edited the code to make it create a admin_groups1.cfg and an admins1.cfg file instead of over writing the others which solved a issue for me but not sure its the same as what you are dealing with.

Edit: I'll also bring up something that it seems IP# banning is not working. I had a user create another alt account and enter under the same IP# I made sure to go back and apply a IP# ban to ensure this wouldn't happen yet it did. Anyone else having any issues with IP# bans not working?

thetwistedpanda
03-25-2012, 00:39
After deleting several players with issues and re-creating them, only to notice the issue remained, I had a thought. I wrote a plugin to purge the server of anything admin related, then I shut down the server, deleted all temporary/sqlite files, reinstalled SourceBans, and started the server up. The issuer persisted, and I nearly broke a keyboard. However, I decided to look at the SQL for the 10th time (at least), and found the problem.

SourceBans doesn't (didn't?) properly update the sb_admins_servers_groups table when existing entries have their groups changed. Specifically, the group_id column in the specified table didn't correspond to the gid column within sb_admins. More often than not, the row didn't even exist in the id column for sb_srvgroups. After manually updating more than 3/4s of my entries and rehashing the servers, the players who had problems magically started working again.

Fearts
03-25-2012, 01:54
Twisted I had this issue before. When you made a change and clicked OK did the change save to the admin_groups.cfg? Because for me it would save there but not make the change in-game. What I did was just use he sm_reloadadmins command in each server and it worked.

Horsedick
03-25-2012, 10:41
After deleting several players with issues and re-creating them, only to notice the issue remained, I had a thought. I wrote a plugin to purge the server of anything admin related, then I shut down the server, deleted all temporary/sqlite files, reinstalled SourceBans, and started the server up. The issuer persisted, and I nearly broke a keyboard. However, I decided to look at the SQL for the 10th time (at least), and found the problem.

SourceBans doesn't (didn't?) properly update the sb_admins_servers_groups table when existing entries have their groups changed. Specifically, the group_id column in the specified table didn't correspond to the gid column within sb_admins. More often than not, the row didn't even exist in the id column for sb_srvgroups. After manually updating more than 3/4s of my entries and rehashing the servers, the players who had problems magically started working again.

That is a big problem.... and I know there is a problem with IP# bans. Too bad a few of the guys that made this haven't come back to support it any...IMO it should be moved to Unapproved since its lacking support.

thetwistedpanda
03-25-2012, 14:45
They're not required to provide support. If the plugin works and basic instructions exist, that's enough. Plugin authors are more so required to fix bugs / errors that prevent the plugin from operating normally. As this issue hasn't been reported more often, I'm assuming it was fixed in a previous version or it a specific case where only a few individuals are affected.

Horsedick
03-25-2012, 15:45
They're not required to provide support. If the plugin works and basic instructions exist, that's enough. Plugin authors are more so required to fix bugs / errors that prevent the plugin from operating normally. As this issue hasn't been reported more often, I'm assuming it was fixed in a previous version or it a specific case where only a few individuals are affected.

Well would be nice to have some of these recent bugs addressed such as what I've pointed out and you yourself have pointed out...go back several pages and I'm sure there are many more or even suggestions to go within a updated version in the near future.

03-25-2012, 16:37
It doesn't help either that the Bug Page listed on the OP (http://tracker.hlxce.com/projects/sourcebans/issues) isn't working.

Edit: Actually it seems the URL of the link in the OP, and the text within the [url] tags are different. The text is correct, but the URL is wrong. Clicking the one above will work fine.

Peace-Maker
03-26-2012, 11:21

No changes were applied on the gameservers? Changing the steamid of an admin wasn't recognized by the gameservers? The gid column in the sb_admins table is for the web admin group - the group_id column in sb_admins_servers_groups doublicates?! the srv_group column in sb_admins, but saves the group_id instead of the groupname (probably due to some very old design changes in the database scheme which wasn't applied to all parts of the software..) Both are used in the plugin :)
What did you change manually and what did you try to edit on the admins exactly?

I had one issue where the sucker kept overriding my admins.cfg and admin_groups.cfg files...I didn't want that I wanted them to be left alone yet the sourcebans still work as needed so I went in and edited the code to make it create a admin_groups1.cfg and an admins1.cfg file instead of over writing the others which solved a issue for me but not sure its the same as what you are dealing with.

Edit: I'll also bring up something that it seems IP# banning is not working. I had a user create another alt account and enter under the same IP# I made sure to go back and apply a IP# ban to ensure this wouldn't happen yet it did. Anyone else having any issues with IP# bans not working?

You could just have set BackupConfigs to 0 in your sourcebans.cfg ;)
IP banning does work correctly for me. SourceBans doesn't support any wildcards btw, if you tried to ban an ip range.

Well would be nice to have some of these recent bugs addressed such as what I've pointed out and you yourself have pointed out...go back several pages and I'm sure there are many more or even suggestions to go within a updated version in the near future.

It's hard to fix bugs, if one can't replicate them. There are often strange issues with the database connection which aren't part of sourcebans to be fixed. Most of the support is given in the support forum over at interwavestudios.com (http://forums.interwavestudios.com/forum/26-sourcebans/) btw.
Suggestions for new features for upcoming versions aren't added to the current 1.x branch, but would be added to the rewrite - which has sadly frozen due to lack of time in the developement team. The current state is in the svn. If you or someone else got much time at hand, you're welcome to join and submit your patches to finally finish sb2. Since we'd need to write new features twice if we'd add them to 1.x too, we (read FlyingMongoose :)) set a feature lock on the 1.x as well as the 2.0 branch. Any new features would be implemented in any upcoming 2.x updates, so 2.0 isn't growing faster than we could rewrite the current functionality.

It doesn't help either that the Bug Page listed on the OP (http://tracker.hlxce.com/projects/sourcebans/issues) isn't working.

Edit: Actually it seems the URL of the link in the OP, and the text within the [url] tags are different. The text is correct, but the URL is wrong. Clicking the one above will work fine.

Whops, fixed. Thanks.

daleGEND
03-26-2012, 11:59
Just a general question and please do not take this the wrong way. I have noticed that using sourcebans seems to cause a pretty heavy lag when loading cookies. It causes other plugins I use to not load their configurations before the first round begins (thus making things like store items, classes, etc to not load). This depends on how many people are in the server at the time. One of my servers is about 46 slots so anything over 12-15 starts to pose a problem.

Are there any performance enhancements in SourceBans 2.0? Any known tips or tricks to fixing this issue?

Horsedick
03-26-2012, 12:24
You could just have set BackupConfigs to 0 in your sourcebans.cfg ;)
IP banning does work correctly for me. SourceBans doesn't support any wildcards btw, if you tried to ban an ip range.

It's hard to fix bugs, if one can't replicate them. There are often strange issues with the database connection which aren't part of sourcebans to be fixed. Most of the support is given in the support forum over at interwavestudios.com (http://forums.interwavestudios.com/forum/26-sourcebans/) btw.
Suggestions for new features for upcoming versions aren't added to the current 1.x branch, but would be added to the rewrite - which has sadly frozen due to lack of time in the developement team. The current state is in the svn. If you or someone else got much time at hand, you're welcome to join and submit your patches to finally finish sb2. Since we'd need to write new features twice if we'd add them to 1.x too, we (read FlyingMongoose :)) set a feature lock on the 1.x as well as the 2.0 branch. Any new features would be implemented in any upcoming 2.x updates, so 2.0 isn't growing faster than we could rewrite the current functionality.

as for the configs... wish I had known that before or it been documented some where... :bacon!:

I set a IP# ban on a full IP# not a range and it didn't block a user using that IP#.. I triple checked, even talked to another admin of another gaming group that saw the same thing. Either something isn't set right that we don't know or there is something wrong some where.

and on the applying bugs I'm just sayin I've noticed several posted here but wasn't sure of solutions perhaps no bugs could just be setups. The whole thing is great the way it is..could it be better? Ohh yes for sure, I can think of several enhancements as well as I'm sure others could too.
Look forward to options on settings being the main thing and each one explained for what function each does in some detail...that eliminates many questions you see here.

thetwistedpanda
03-26-2012, 13:24
No changes were applied on the gameservers? Changing the steamid of an admin wasn't recognized by the gameservers? The gid column in the sb_admins table is for the web admin group - the group_id column in sb_admins_servers_groups doublicates?! the srv_group column in sb_admins, but saves the group_id instead of the groupname (probably due to some very old design changes in the database scheme which wasn't applied to all parts of the software..) Both are used in the plugin :)
What did you change manually and what did you try to edit on the admins exactly?

Over several months, I modified/created/deleted/edited/re-created server admin groups to separate various classifications of users -- admins, moderators, several different donator groups, reserved slots, etc. Within the past few months, at least the last month I can confirm, I noticed that several users wouldn't update on the game servers regardless of what I did. I could even create a new server and sync it with SourceBans, and that user wouldn't receive any permissions. However, I was able to create new users with a different SteamID and the changes would work instantly.

Regardless of the steps I took, specific users just didn't update. Shutting down the server, deleting the user from the configs, changing flags on SourceBans, and restarting the server would result in the admin being loaded with a setup different from what I specified, usually the previous setup that I deleted. As one might imagine, this should have been impossible.

Since I wasn't able to fix the issue within SourceBans, I looked at the tables in phpmyadmin. What I found was, aside from a few duplicate "aid" entries (didn't believe that was possible), was that the srv_group entries were correct, but didn't match up with the "group_id" of sb_admins_servers_groups. I had numerous entries referencing a group_id that didn't exist anymore. For example, prior to manually fixing the columns, I would have had "id" entries of 2,4,7,13,14 but the entries for "group_id" would have been 2,3,4,7,8,11,12,13,14. The users that were not updating correctly used group_ids that didn't exist anymore.

I manually reset the group_id, srv_group_id, and server_id for all entries in sb_admins_servers_groups. The last two were mainly due to a few oddities, probably due to entering a user in incorrectly. After everything was confirmed functioning normally, I also went back and re-ordered all of my groups and admins to be sequential, just so I can narrow down a future issue if it occurs. But the group_ids were either due to a bug in the script in a previous version or perhaps an error being thrown when executing a query leaving it unfinished.

Horsedick
03-27-2012, 10:41
While I'm thinking about it...how do you select one person/admin to send ban submissions too?

GunSpeed
03-29-2012, 08:20
Tried searching, after reading the sourcebans FAQ :

"You should always check beforehand, if your gameserver banned your webserver's ip with listip in rcon. Remove it from the banned_ip.cfg and removeip IP via rcon."

I was wondering what is the cause of that ban in the first place? Since that was my problem and recently too!
Thanks!

tatercrisp
04-02-2012, 17:08
If i ban someone for 30 minutes in game will it block his ip aswell?

Horsedick
04-02-2012, 17:32
If i ban someone for 30 minutes in game will it block his ip aswell?

you have to turn around and apply an IP ban otherwise they just log in with another steam account.

Dr. McKay
04-09-2012, 09:50
So, I have the "Backup Configs" option enabled. However, all my admins go down when my web server goes down.

04-09-2012, 12:46
So, I have the "Backup Configs" option enabled. However, all my admins go down when my web server goes down.

Does your admins.cfg file get filled?

Dr. McKay
04-09-2012, 14:47
Does your admins.cfg file get filled?

Yep. I think sm_reloadadmins makes them work again, but why wouldn't it work anyway?

Horsedick
04-11-2012, 20:27
Hmm.. I looked thru this thread with search but does anyone know how to sort the servers in you're list? I've got 11 and I need to sort them vs the way they were added.

Dr. McKay
04-11-2012, 20:40
Hmm.. I looked thru this thread with search but does anyone know how to sort the servers in you're list? I've got 11 and I need to sort them vs the way they were added.

I don't think it's doable from the SourceBans GUI, but I'm sure you can edit the database directly.

Horsedick
04-11-2012, 20:51
I don't think it's doable from the SourceBans GUI, but I'm sure you can edit the database directly.

yeah didn't think about editing the database..I'll do that

Dr. McKay
04-11-2012, 20:53
yeah didn't think about editing the database..I'll do that

Be aware if you start tweaking server IDs, you need to update the server ID everywhere it appears: SourceBans plugin config, groups tables, user access tables, etc.

shavit
04-11-2012, 21:38
how can i limit ban time to 1 week?

valamideus
04-16-2012, 12:57
Does anyone know a free hosting that has MySQL, and have remote access to be able to work with SourceBans.

Dr. McKay
04-16-2012, 15:38
Does anyone know a free hosting that has MySQL, and have remote access to be able to work with SourceBans.

Just shell out $5 / month for some decent web hosting.

valamideus
04-19-2012, 18:37
Vertrigo installed on my computer and everything worked out, but installed it on my friend's computer and the following error: http://img818.**************/img818/9315/problemsourcebans.png

matrixmark
04-20-2012, 05:49
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with some sql....

Im basically trying to change the ban reason on a large amount of bans in the database... currently the ban reasons are that of the imported bans "banned_user.cfg import" I want to change that to something else but all at one time, and not have to manually edit each one.

I think I need to run a query? Im not an sql expert so not sure on how I would do this.

Thanks for your time.

snelvuur
04-20-2012, 05:52
If you know the reason which you want to change for *all* then you can do a find / replace sort off. (in sql)

Peace-Maker
04-20-2012, 05:58
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with some sql....

Im basically trying to change the ban reason on a large amount of bans in the database... currently the ban reasons are that of the imported bans "banned_user.cfg import" I want to change that to something else but all at one time, and not have to manually edit each one.

I think I need to run a query? Im not an sql expert so not sure on how I would do this.

Thanks for your time.

You could run this query in phpmyadmin or similar in your sb database. Replace INSERT YOUR NEW REASON HERE with the reason you'd like to see.
UPDATE sb_bans SET reason = 'INSERT YOUR NEW REASON HERE' WHERE reason LIKE '%banned_user.cfg%';

matrixmark
04-20-2012, 07:33
You could run this query in phpmyadmin or similar in your sb database. Replace INSERT YOUR NEW REASON HERE with the reason you'd like to see.
UPDATE sb_bans SET reason = 'INSERT YOUR NEW REASON HERE' WHERE reason LIKE '%banned_user.cfg%';

Thanks very much Peace-Maker that worked :D

:bacon!::bacon!: for you

shavit
04-20-2012, 10:16
how can i limit ban time to 1 week?
?

Horsedick
04-20-2012, 17:26
?

Sourcebans needs a major overhaul.. I think just about anyone here that has used it or knows about it prob agree as the options are limited unless you start editing files. These options should be in the menu/settings listed on the web front end for admins but anyway, you could prob edit the source and find this section:

if(CheckCommandAccess(client, "sm_unban", ADMFLAG_UNBAN|ADMFLAG_ROOT))
AddMenuItem(menu, "0", "Permanent");
AddMenuItem(menu, "10", "10 Minutes");
AddMenuItem(menu, "30", "30 Minutes");
AddMenuItem(menu, "60", "1 Hour");
AddMenuItem(menu, "240", "4 Hours");
AddMenuItem(menu, "1440", "1 Day");
AddMenuItem(menu, "10080", "1 Week");

Just remove the AddMenuItem(menu, "0", "Permanent"); and recompile it. I've not tried this but its worth a shot.

Cerobug
04-21-2012, 00:53
I had requested a plugin be made that would work along side sourcebans that would use AddCommandListener but no one seemed to want to pick it up as a small project that thousands of people would use.

Horsedick
04-21-2012, 09:59
I had requested a plugin be made that would work along side sourcebans that would use AddCommandListener but no one seemed to want to pick it up as a small project that thousands of people would use.

This?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1693537&postcount=10

or something like this?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=183355

Horsedick
04-22-2012, 17:59
I guess my question is and its likely this was asked or talked about but for some reason IP# bans do NOT work. Anyone care to tell me how to make them work or a alternate solution?

LampaCZ
04-23-2012, 09:52
Hello,
I installed Sourcebans..server status working but banlist no..
I ported sourcebans to MySQL everything is OK but when i banned someone from game i cant see him in banlist..

Also when i want to unban (sm_unban) i got this error

L 04/23/2012 - 15:50:36: [SM] Native "SQL_TQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 04/23/2012 - 15:50:36: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sourcebans.smx":
L 04/23/2012 - 15:50:36: [SM] [0] Line 573, D:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\Apache2\htdocs\sourcebans\trunk\ga me_upload\addons\sourcemod\scripting\sourceba ns.sp::CommandUnban()

I have Linux server

Dr. McKay
04-23-2012, 09:56
Hello,
I installed Sourcebans..server status working but banlist no..
I ported sourcebans to MySQL everything is OK but when i banned someone from game i cant see him in banlist..

Also when i want to unban (sm_unban) i got this error

I have Linux server

Have your host enable remote MySQL access.

azvampyre
04-23-2012, 12:17
I wouldn't mind trying this, but I don't see the need to have a $30.00 a month dedicated web host at the moment. Most shared hosts won't open specific ports for you.
If anyone else knows a way around the Web Panel "Unable to connect" error, I'm sure 90% of those who tried this plugin would like to hear it.

Horsedick
04-23-2012, 12:48
I wouldn't mind trying this, but I don't see the need to have a $30.00 a month dedicated web host at the moment. Most shared hosts won't open specific ports for you.
If anyone else knows a way around the Web Panel "Unable to connect" error, I'm sure 90% of those who tried this plugin would like to hear it.

I pay less than $5/month for a webhost that I use this on and they are great in opening up ports I needed for this and other things.
Also unless the webpanel can connect to the server which is by having those ports open then it won't work.

here
http://www.site5.com/in.php?id=52388

Dr. McKay
04-23-2012, 12:51
I've scripted for PHP for quite a while, but never really got a functional PHP installation done manually.

Take a look here: http://199.180.132.47/sourcebans/

I'm assuming those errors are happening because I don't have some kind of PHP module installed or something.

How can I get that to stop happening?

Peace-Maker
04-23-2012, 13:09
I've scripted for PHP for quite a while, but never really got a functional PHP installation done manually.

Take a look here: http://199.180.132.47/sourcebans/

I'm assuming those errors are happening because I don't have some kind of PHP module installed or something.

How can I get that to stop happening?
Did you modify any of sourcebans' files except the config.php?
You've got some weird 5 line whitespace at the beginning of the xajax response. FF doesn't seem to like that. (against some moz-nullprincipal?)

Dr. McKay
04-23-2012, 14:50
Did you modify any of sourcebans' files except the config.php?
You've got some weird 5 line whitespace at the beginning of the xajax response. FF doesn't seem to like that. (against some moz-nullprincipal?)

I don't believe I did. It works fine on my old VPS that has cPanel.

azvampyre
04-27-2012, 13:33
I pay less than $5/month for a webhost that I use this on and they are great in opening up ports I needed for this and other things.
Also unless the webpanel can connect to the server which is by having those ports open then it won't work.

here
http://www.site5.com/in.php?id=52388

Hey Horse, you're a lifesaver. I just signed up with site5 today and sourcebans' working perfectly.
I understand now that unless the host supports it, people don't see just how great this plugin really is, and it's getting a bad rap with all the posts about errors and crashes.
p.s. site5 will give you one month free if you use the code FreeMonth at checkout. I opted for the deluxe package though. A little OCD goes a long way.

iveyz80
04-27-2012, 14:00
Hi, my sourcebans is looking funny to me and not the same as it looks when other people have installed it. My link for it is www.auspiciousgaming.com/bans and it doesn't look at all like others. Can someone please tell me what i did wrong?

04-27-2012, 14:53
Ensure your themes are linked to correctly. There should be a themes folder in the same place as demos, images, includes, pages and scripts.

If the themes folder is there, check your setting in the SourceBans web panel (Admin Panel -> Settings -> Themes) and try setting to the default theme.

iveyz80
04-27-2012, 15:47
I checked, and the themes folder is there. I went into settings, and tried both themes, default and dark. Neither did anything. So i tried reinstalling the themes folder, and it looks the same as before.

04-27-2012, 15:56
Upon further inspection, SourceBans' style sheets are provided by PHP. You probably don't have PHP enabled on your server.

iveyz80
04-27-2012, 16:04
How do i enable is using cPanel? I tried googling and it hasn't worked out so well.

Mr. Man
04-27-2012, 16:21
How do i enable is using cPanel? I tried googling and it hasn't worked out so well.

Why do you need cPanel for SourceBans?

Dr. McKay
04-27-2012, 16:23

If you have cPanel, you have PHP.

iveyz80
04-27-2012, 21:19
Why do you need cPanel for SourceBans?
Well im using cPanel for my web hosting service.

If you have cPanel, you have PHP.
I thought i had to enable it? if it is already, why do you think my sourcebans page look messed up?

Dr. McKay
04-27-2012, 22:34
PHP is enabled.

http://www.auspiciousgaming.com/bans/themes/sourcebans_dark/css/css.php

Internal Server Error.

Did you make any changes to that file?

iveyz80
04-27-2012, 22:40
no, i havent edited anything besides changing the link to my domain

04-27-2012, 22:48
Yea I noticed that too McKay (or maybe I should call you Rodney, or Meredith :)) but upon seeing that Internal Server Error I immediately attributed it to PHP not being enabled. It may be more to do with file permissions perhaps.

Anything in the /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log file, iveyz80?

iveyz80
04-27-2012, 22:59
wheres that directory? i dont see it.

04-27-2012, 23:06
Rather, try to find any logs that may pertain to your web server please. :) (I forget you may not have that exact directory or even Apache)

iveyz80
04-27-2012, 23:38
I dont see any

Dr. McKay
04-28-2012, 22:47
Huh. I just found out that SourceBans works with HostGator.

mgunnett
04-28-2012, 23:57
I'm not a big fan of hostgator. I've tried running sites off them, and they just didn't work all that well.

Dr. McKay
04-29-2012, 00:32
I'm not a big fan of hostgator. I've tried running sites off them, and they just didn't work all that well.

Really? What problems have you had?

I just recently switched from a VPS to HostGator reseller hosting since I got tired of the maintenance required in running a VPS. Plus, it came out cheaper to get HostGator with the free WHMCS offer than to have a VPS and pay for WHMCS, too.

Mr. Man
04-29-2012, 02:44

I am on them too at the moment and the shared hosting is just too much hassle to work with in terms of establishing outside DB connections so I just moved all the DB-related features back to the game server itself.

Dr. McKay
04-29-2012, 08:58
I am on them too at the moment and the shared hosting is just too much hassle to work with in terms of establishing outside DB connections so I just moved all the DB-related features back to the game server itself.

Huh? For me, it was as simple as

Create database, set up user
Remote MySQL >> add game server IPs
databases.cfg >> configure

Maybe there's a difference between the reseller and regular shared servers?

Mr. Man
04-29-2012, 20:54
Huh? For me, it was as simple as

Create database, set up user
Remote MySQL >> add game server IPs
databases.cfg >> configure

Maybe there's a difference between the reseller and regular shared servers?

Yes there is. Shared hosting doesn't allow inbound DB connections.

Dr. McKay
04-29-2012, 21:33

Lame.

mgunnett
04-29-2012, 23:26
Really? What problems have you had?

I just recently switched from a VPS to HostGator reseller hosting since I got tired of the maintenance required in running a VPS. Plus, it came out cheaper to get HostGator with the free WHMCS offer than to have a VPS and pay for WHMCS, too.

I was moving a site from a bad host to Hostgator, and the site would not come up correctly. There were a bunch of 500 internal server errors. Maybe It was just me doing something wrong. But I was able to move the site to a host like phirefast just fine.

Mr. Man
04-30-2012, 01:03
I was moving a site from a bad host to Hostgator, and the site would not come up correctly. There were a bunch of 500 internal server errors. Maybe It was just me doing something wrong. But I was able to move the site to a host like phirefast just fine.

They're a reseller, with LOTS of limit. Just buy a VPS for $19.99 a month and go nuts.

mgunnett
04-30-2012, 13:56
They're a reseller, with LOTS of limit. Just buy a VPS for $19.99 a month and go nuts.

Lol I think not. I'll just continue to use my NFO VPS. Plus this was a for a buddy that needed a cheap webhost soooooo yea. Some website for his work. It's all working now, but good to know about those limits.

Dr. McKay
04-30-2012, 14:08

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure HostGator has their own servers. I've never really had much of a problem with the reseller hosting, can't say much about the regular shared hosting.

ferngullygraphics
05-05-2012, 08:23

Actually that is an incorrect statement, generally speaking Reseller and Shared web hosting are both hosted on shared web hosting platforms. Web Hosting essentially can be broken down into three categories Shared Web Hosting (which includes reseller services), VPS (which comes with root access) and Dedicated (which also comes with root access). Is it possible to host Sourcebans in a shared web hosting enviroment? Absolutely, however in most cases (unless the company is not very mindful of security, you will not be able to run sourcebans without contacting support and having them open up the necessary ports). I think most of the problems you see with Sourcebans on a shared web hosting enviroment is that most companies are not familiar with the script, therefore when a customer requests certain ports to be opened, the company automatically recommends a VPS.

Mr. Man
05-05-2012, 14:26
Actually that is an incorrect statement, generally speaking Reseller and Shared web hosting are both hosted on shared web hosting platforms. Web Hosting essentially can be broken down into three categories Shared Web Hosting (which includes reseller services), VPS (which comes with root access) and Dedicated (which also comes with root access). Is it possible to host Sourcebans in a shared web hosting enviroment? Absolutely, however in most cases (unless the company is not very mindful of security, you will not be able to run sourcebans without contacting support and having them open up the necessary ports). I think most of the problems you see with Sourcebans on a shared web hosting enviroment is that most companies are not familiar with the script, therefore when a customer requests certain ports to be opened, the company automatically recommends a VPS.

I never said that about universal hosting, just HostGator, which doesn't allow incoming DB connections on shared hosting, period.

Dr. McKay
05-05-2012, 14:27

Right. In this context, however, he meant that HostGator's regular shared hosting servers don't allow it. Whether by accident on purpose, however, the server I'm a reseller on has the ports open.

Lanc
05-07-2012, 20:15
I have problem with Source Bans. I have 2 servers. Both servers are added on webpanel and everything should work fine but it isn't. I use ofcourse the same database for both servers. Server #1 works with no problem but in server #2 there is an errors in console.

L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Query Failed: near "SET": syntax error
L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Failed to retrieve groups from the database, no such table: sb_srvgroups
L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Failed to retrieve admins from the database, near "SELECT": syntax error
L 05/08/2012 - 01:58:46: [sourcebans.smx] Verify Ban Query Failed: no such table: sb_bans
L 05/08/2012 - 01:59:32: [sourcebans.smx] Verify Ban Query Failed: no such table: sb_bans

Both servers are on the same IP (only have different port) and both can connect to database (for example to hlstats db) but with sourcebans there is that errors ;/ I don't know what I can do with this.

Dr. McKay
05-07-2012, 22:37
I have problem with Source Bans. I have 2 servers. Both servers are added on webpanel and everything should work fine but it isn't. I use ofcourse the same database for both servers. Server #1 works with no problem but in server #2 there is an errors in console.

L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Query Failed: near "SET": syntax error
L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Failed to retrieve groups from the database, no such table: sb_srvgroups
L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Failed to retrieve admins from the database, near "SELECT": syntax error
L 05/08/2012 - 01:58:46: [sourcebans.smx] Verify Ban Query Failed: no such table: sb_bans
L 05/08/2012 - 01:59:32: [sourcebans.smx] Verify Ban Query Failed: no such table: sb_bans

Both servers are on the same IP (only have different port) and both can connect to database (for example to hlstats db) but with sourcebans there is that errors ;/ I don't know what I can do with this.

Make sure there's no typos in server 2's databases.cfg.

Horsedick
05-07-2012, 23:26
I guess my question is not so much related to Lanc's issue but is this even still supported? I went over to the forums listed on sourcebans.net and its semi dead with the exceptions of those needing help or suggestions - hardly no follow up noting new changes coming down the pipe or updates to things that do not work or need adjusting.

mgunnett
05-07-2012, 23:28
The project is in code freeze if I recall correctly. You aren't going to see anything but bug fixes from the team until they get some dedicated developers. Right now, they all are busy with other projects/real life.

Horsedick
05-07-2012, 23:41
The project is in code freeze if I recall correctly. You aren't going to see anything but bug fixes from the team until they get some dedicated developers. Right now, they all are busy with other projects/real life.

Yeah that's a shame... the whole thing could be so much more and to be honest I'd charge for it if even just $20 for a lifetime license I'd buy it.

Dr. McKay
05-08-2012, 07:08
I think it's very good at what it does. What more do you want to see?

Peace-Maker
05-08-2012, 07:31
I guess my question is not so much related to Lanc's issue but is this even still supported? I went over to the forums listed on sourcebans.net and its semi dead with the exceptions of those needing help or suggestions - hardly no follow up noting new changes coming down the pipe or updates to things that do not work or need adjusting.

Remember the last time?

If theres a bug which isn't caused by misconfiguration on the userside, i always fix it asap. There are some changes in the svn which aren't worth a new release yet. Still, if you know any experienced php coder with lots of time, send him over here!

Lanc
05-08-2012, 10:09
Make sure there's no typos in server 2's databases.cfg.
I think that I have 1 error in login on #2. I corrected it. I will report here if problem still occurs.

Horsedick
05-08-2012, 10:15
I think it's very good at what it does. What more do you want to see?

The webside needs the most work... I wish I knew more about that portion to help and as it stands I really don't know anyone that would be interested or able to help. The system works great as is - or else I wouldn't be using it. ;)

Fearts
05-08-2012, 12:18
This is a paid for script made for me by 1Swat2KillThemAll.

This script is basically a Offline Ban List. It will list all players (excluding admins with immune level > 0) who have disconnected during a map and allow admins with the Ban flag to ban them even if the player is not on the server.

The reason I had this made is because Sourcebans sm_addban command will allow anyone with access to ban anyone they want to. I didn't want my some of my admins to have the ability to ban other admins (or me) if they wished.

So what this does is run sm_addban through the menu via console. When the ban is listed on your Sourcebans site it will look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/E2tdg.png

Reason I am posting is because I think people would enjoy this. As well, it would be nice if this was updated a little. Possibly to add ban reasons to menu and also would be nice if it didn't use sm_addban and just added players to the database regularly so we don't have to use the reason statement to post Names/IP/Steamid.

MineCleric
05-10-2012, 16:05
Work this plugins whit the new verson of mySQL and php?

mgunnett
05-10-2012, 16:11
Last time I used it, it did.

daleGEND
05-11-2012, 16:40
Just a general question and please do not take this the wrong way. I have noticed that using sourcebans seems to cause a pretty heavy lag when loading cookies. It causes other plugins I use to not load their configurations before the first round begins (thus making things like store items, classes, etc to not load). This depends on how many people are in the server at the time. One of my servers is about 46 slots so anything over 12-15 starts to pose a problem.

Are there any performance enhancements in SourceBans 2.0? Any known tips or tricks to fixing this issue?

Quoting to see if anyone had any ideas?

RavenDan29
05-19-2012, 15:29
Do i need to create the folders then upload the files or just upload the files to the sourcebans folder? i created under public.html folder

Horsedick
05-19-2012, 15:54
Do i need to create the folders then upload the files or just upload the files to the sourcebans folder? i created under public.html folder

you can create a sub folder/directory within the public.html named whatever you want then upload the files to it.

RavenDan29
05-19-2012, 16:15
How Do i CHMOD? Ok done that tried installing nothing happened is this cause the database i created is empty therefore what do i put in it? what about the edit on databases.cfg file do i do that before or after installation?

Horsedick
05-19-2012, 17:44
How Do i CHMOD? Ok done that tried installing nothing happened is this cause the database i created is empty therefore what do i put in it? what about the edit on databases.cfg file do i do that before or after installation?

while in FTP access you right click the directory and select file permissions than change whatever to whatever

As for databases.cfg you can edit that whenever and I believe it creates its own tables once started.

RavenDan29
05-20-2012, 04:35
Have I Done This Right?

"sourcebans"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "http://bwm.clanservers.com/sourcebans"
"database" "c91*6**_sourcebans"
"user" "c9**6**_Raven"
"pass" "we**er0***79"

PS Ive asterixed parts out for security

How Do I tell the website to access the server ip addresses?

FunkyLoveCow
05-20-2012, 07:40
Have I Done This Right?

"sourcebans"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"user" "c9**6**_Raven"
"pass" "we**er0***79"

Based on those db name and user name, is your control panel ISPConfig?

RavenDan29
05-20-2012, 08:38
I Have No I Clue (I Have No Idear and No Clue) I Dont know anything about website stuff i just desperately need to permenately permenately ban certain abusive, team killing anti mod trolls from me server there fc%k£ng doing my head in

!!!!!*"How Do I tell the website to access the server ip addresses?"*!!!!!

Horsedick
05-20-2012, 10:27
Have I Done This Right?

"sourcebans"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"user" "c9**6**_Raven"
"pass" "we**er0***79"

Ok first off where is the site hosted from? If its on the same box as the game server you can use localhost if not then use the domain but ONLY the domain address don't need to include sourcebans at the end. Issue I have here is I tried to hit bwm.clanservers.com and it goes to a file view as if there is nothing there to begin with so you may wish to contact the host for this information you need to use.

RavenDan29
05-20-2012, 12:16
firstly Ive been told http://bwm.clanservers.com/sourcebans is incorrect in the database.cfg edit should read http://bwm.clanservers.com and i added the server ip by remote sql prog on the cpanel x ive done all that now but http://bwm.clanservers.com/sourcebans/install to install still doesnt do anything what am i missing?

05-20-2012, 12:24
firstly Ive been told http://bwm.clanservers.com/sourcebans is incorrect in the database.cfg edit should read http://bwm.clanservers.com and i added the server ip by remote sql prog on the cpanel x ive done all that now but http://bwm.clanservers.com/sourcebans/install to install still doesnt do anything what am i missing?

For my "host" (since my database is on the local machine) I use a path to the mysqld socket, which for me is "/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock" and I also specifiy a "port" of "3306" however, since i can't even connect to your sourcebans web directory, one can only assume you haven't done that part right yet.

RavenDan29
05-20-2012, 15:25
its not a local machine so i need the address to the database not the website? how do i find that out?

Horsedick
05-20-2012, 17:30
its not a local machine so i need the address to the database not the website? how do i find that out?

ask the host... if you have a domain off it then use that

RavenDan29
05-20-2012, 18:52
atm its worse cause they can rejoin after a perm ban instead of after a server restart or crash hope i can get this working soon, why are there people intend on being obnoxious just for the sake of it. i heard one of there voices sounded over 21 at least i dont get it.

all this website stuff is so alien to me ive no clue what im doing this cPanel X looks like a good prog just wish i know how to use it

Horsedick
05-23-2012, 09:49
I'm not sure if I've asked this before but does IP# bans work for anyone using this?

I can ban a person as an IP# ban instead of SteamID and it doesn't seem to block them.

All else works fine, no problems, no errors so it has to be something with the way this is written unless I'm missing something here.

Nolongerinthegame
05-27-2012, 09:22
Hey I noticed the CS:Go servers use a similar steamid verification to L4D. E.g. instead of steamid STEAM_0:1:242424 its STEAM_1:1:242424

How would this impact my sourcebans if we added a csgo server (when Sourcemod is working for it). Would it still block people banned with original steamid verification or do we have to change the steamids all to new format?

Dr. McKay
05-27-2012, 10:57
Hey I noticed the CS:Go servers use a similar steamid verification to L4D. E.g. instead of steamid STEAM_0:1:242424 its STEAM_1:1:242424

How would this impact my sourcebans if we added a csgo server (when Sourcemod is working for it). Would it still block people banned with original steamid verification or do we have to change the steamids all to new format?

Valve, why can't you use constant Steam IDs?

I would hope SourceBans handles Steam IDs the same way SourceMod does, only comparing X:XXXXXXX

05-27-2012, 11:12

I would hope SourceBans handles Steam IDs the same way SourceMod does, only comparing X:XXXXXXX

Is it guaranteed that both STEAM_0:A:BCDEF and STEAM_1:A:BCDEF could exist?

Dr. McKay
05-27-2012, 11:20
Is it guaranteed that both STEAM_0:A:BCDEF and STEAM_1:A:BCDEF could exist?

iirc, L4D uses (or used previously) STEAM_1:....

05-27-2012, 11:29
Maybe converting to SteamID64 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=183443) may be a better solution.

Actually, scrap that. Like you said, just remove the check for STEAM_X if it already exists.

minimoney1
05-28-2012, 01:17
From what I know, CS:GO uses STEAM_1 SteamIds as well

deltadude
05-28-2012, 03:07
I am having a problem with sourcebans
I am getting this error
L 05/28/2012 - 02:05:59: [admin-flatfile.smx] Error(s) detected parsing addons\sourcemod\configs\admins_simple.ini
L 05/28/2012 - 02:05:59: [admin-flatfile.smx] (line 3) Could not open file!
L 05/28/2012 - 02:05:59: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0><Console><Console>" refreshed the admin cache.

Dravu
05-28-2012, 03:42
Does the admins_simple.ini file exist on your server?

deltadude
05-28-2012, 04:04
Does the admins_simple.ini file exist on your server?
I've tried it with and without, with it, it loads admins, but not from sourcebans, without it i get that error

Horsedick
05-28-2012, 09:44
I am having a problem with sourcebans
I am getting this error
L 05/28/2012 - 02:05:59: [admin-flatfile.smx] Error(s) detected parsing addons\sourcemod\configs\admins_simple.ini
L 05/28/2012 - 02:05:59: [admin-flatfile.smx] (line 3) Could not open file!
L 05/28/2012 - 02:05:59: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0><Console><Console>" refreshed the admin cache.

Is this problem new as in you are just now installing it or did it crop up over night?

deltadude
05-28-2012, 12:02
Is this problem new as in you are just now installing it or did it crop up over night?
New install, but didnt change anything in the other installs.

Also, deleted the entire server, tried it again same problem.

1deag
05-31-2012, 16:46
So, I just migrated to a new host recently and updated to the most recent version of CentOS (6.0).

Currently, the only thing giving me problems are a few extensions, ones that SourceBans apparently needs.

L 05/31/2012 - 11:41:33: [SM] Unable to load extension "dbi.mysql.ext": libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I tried doing yum install zlib, and it told me that it was already at the most recent version. Is this incorrect?

I am also having problems with smrcon.ext.so and connect.ext.so, although I'm not sure those are related to SourceBans.

Also, the error that SourceBans gives me:

L 05/30/2012 - 14:39:03: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: Could not find driver "mysql". See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20
I tried the fixes at /node/20, but neither of those seem to work.

Dr. McKay
05-31-2012, 17:06
It's working fine for me on CentOS 6 32-bit.

Did you try yum update?

1deag
05-31-2012, 18:39
It's working fine for me on CentOS 6 32-bit.

Did you try yum update?
Yes, it says no packages are marked for update.

Dr. McKay
05-31-2012, 19:06
Yes, it says no packages are marked for update.

Hm. You're on 32-bit?

1deag
05-31-2012, 20:01
Hm. You're on 32-bit?
I'm on CentOS 6.0 x86_64 (Using SolusVM CP)

Dr. McKay
05-31-2012, 20:04
I'm on CentOS 6.0 x86_64 (Using SolusVM CP)

See this thread (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=186421).

1deag
06-01-2012, 01:20
See this thread (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=186421).
After reinstalling and fixing the server, I get another sourcebans problem on the website.

After filling in all my info for the database, on index.php?step=2, I get this.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/sourcebans/includes/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 357

06-01-2012, 04:11
After reinstalling and fixing the server, I get another sourcebans problem on the website.

After filling in all my info for the database, on index.php?step=2, I get this.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/sourcebans/includes/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 357

Then you haven't configured PHP to use MySQL.

Open /etc/php/php.ini and uncomment the line:
extension=mysql.so

1deag
06-01-2012, 06:31
Then you haven't configured PHP to use MySQL.

Open /etc/php/php.ini and uncomment the line:
extension=mysql.so
Thanks broskittle.

Sidder
06-02-2012, 05:22
Anyone could tell me how to make it work combined with disconnected ban player plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=135533), atm it doesnt write names but the ban it does ofc.

Saw this fix http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1430345&postcount=51

But that seems to be for an older SB version im running the latest. I can find the first line still in it but the line I am sposed to delete doesnt seem to be there no longer.

Any help would be appreciated

matrixmark
06-02-2012, 13:36
Well i dont know if that fix is right but its the fix i applied to my sbans install and it works fine...

I have to view the ban then refresh page and ya name pops right in.

Horsedick
06-09-2012, 15:33
Anyone know of how to get ban protests to only send to a certain email addy and not every damn admin listed??!

minimoney1
06-09-2012, 15:43
Anyone know of how to get ban protests to only send to a certain email addy and not every damn admin listed??!

Set the web permissions for each group.

06-09-2012, 16:52

Admin Panel -> Settings -> Only Send One Email - Enable

Horsedick
06-09-2012, 18:09
Admin Panel -> Settings -> Only Send One Email - Enable

hmm yeah that's a work around but I'd rather have it send any protests to only one specific addy no matter who did the ban.

Dr. McKay
06-09-2012, 20:03
hmm yeah that's a work around but I'd rather have it send any protests to only one specific addy no matter who did the ban.

iirc you just set the web permissions for the only admin who should receive the email. I don't remember what the permission is called though.

Horsedick
06-09-2012, 22:02
iirc you just set the web permissions for the only admin who should receive the email. I don't remember what the permission is called though.

aww yeah see it now... I had that checked for a whole group, damnit!

matrixmark
06-13-2012, 07:25
Hey,

I dont think its a big deal but the last few days I keep seeing this error popup.

Nothing has changed and its only just started doing it the last week or so.

None of the files have been edited or touched in any way.

http://i50.tinypic.com/xm7p94.png

I only have firefox so not sure if it does in other browsers.

matrixmark
06-19-2012, 01:57
Well after getting no response here I went off and did some investigating lol.

Turns out the ban logging part of sbans is using more than the per process php memory limit (32mb) that my host has set.

My only options were to upgrade the web hosting (its only cheap shared webhosting) or to clear (not delete) the _banlog mysql table. This was the option I chose and so far its worked.

The cpanel error looked like this:

[Tue Jun 19 06:37:28 2012] [error] [client **.*.*.***] (12)Cannot allocate memory: couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/*******/public_html/bans/index.php, referer: http://*******.***/

But yeah hopefully if anyone else is having this issue, then this might help.

away000
06-19-2012, 03:05
How can i use it with CSGO? how to add the server in web panel if don't have csgo in there?

Peace-Maker
06-19-2012, 06:50
How can i use it with CSGO? how to add the server in web panel if don't have csgo in there?
Just add CSGO as mod yourself or select CSS as game. The mod is only visual in most parts, so no need to worry about that.

MLGsuperGame
06-21-2012, 23:47
Well I dont know how to fix this. So any ideas?
http://i47.tinypic.com/2m4dn5k.png

snelvuur
06-22-2012, 04:07
Well it does say error connecting 173.208.165.228:27015, is that one correct. Does communication between the 2 work, is the rcon correct?

matrixmark
06-22-2012, 11:12
Hmm I might be wrong but I think I recall a person with a similar problem and it turned out to be due to the hosting he had.

Was free hosting and they wouldnt allow it to run.

MLGsuperGame
06-22-2012, 12:35
Well it does say error connecting 173.208.165.228:27015, is that one correct. Does communication between the 2 work, is the rcon correct?

Yes, everything is correct. I have even deleted and made a new server.

MLGsuperGame
06-22-2012, 12:36
Hmm I might be wrong but I think I recall a person with a similar problem and it turned out to be due to the hosting he had.

Was free hosting and they wouldnt allow it to run.

This is a free webhost I am using.

Horsedick
06-22-2012, 12:54
This is a free webhost I am using.

yeah the host most likely doesn't have those ports open to those servers... you can contact them and see or you can see if they are open yourself using the test page.

edit the php file for your game server IP# and port.. maybe rcon pass if you wish to test that too and upload that to the directory of your sourcebans installation on that webhost then link to it like

http://yourwebpage.com/sourcebans/sb_debug_connection.php

MLGsuperGame
06-22-2012, 14:11
[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server 173.208.165.228:27015

[-] Error connecting #0:

That's what I was given.

Horsedick
06-22-2012, 15:04
[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server 173.208.165.228:27015

[-] Error connecting #0:

That's what I was given.

Then you don't have the ports open... it should say + for everything. You need to contact the host to see if they will open them for that game server and game port. Keep in mind that as already told most free providers will not open fire wall rules like that.

MLGsuperGame
06-22-2012, 15:09
Then you don't have the ports open... it should say + for everything. You need to contact the host to see if they will open them for that game server and game port. Keep in mind that as already told most free providers will not open fire wall rules like that.

Okay thanks!

Nolongerinthegame
06-24-2012, 07:53

Any update to this? I know you can add csgo to Sourcebans, but would it have any effect blocking banned players with their different steamid verification?

Peace-Maker
06-24-2012, 11:11
Any update to this? I know you can add csgo to Sourcebans, but would it have any effect blocking banned players with their different steamid verification?

Yes, sourcebans handles those steamids.

DontWannaName
06-30-2012, 22:08
I just got Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 4718592) (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /nfs/c10/h03/mnt/151358/domains/topnotchclan.com/html/sourcebans/init.php on line 263

and my host said its cause init.php was trying to use more than 99mb of memory...

Horsedick
06-30-2012, 23:06
I just got Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 4718592) (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /nfs/c10/h03/mnt/151358/domains/topnotchclan.com/html/sourcebans/init.php on line 263

and my host said its cause init.php was trying to use more than 99mb of memory...

if you didn't edit that file it tells me its something about timezone abbreviations_list... check those settings.

Dr. McKay
06-30-2012, 23:32
if you didn't edit that file it tells me its something about timezone abbreviations_list... check those settings.

I think it's the IP lookup. Check config.php.

DontWannaName
06-30-2012, 23:44
Well im trying to figure out with my host why its not querying the servers, they blame it on my host, but its clearly them haha. Is that what would do it?

DontWannaName
07-01-2012, 00:51
Because my host uses cloud, I cant get UDP to work. Is there any way to get querying to work, maybe an apache module or something?

DorCoMaNdO
07-02-2012, 04:11
after adding the 10th server the server's order is looking like shit. how can i fix this? before it was :
and now its
i got 16 servers and the server's id is 1-16 as it should but order is looking like shit

Peace-Maker
07-02-2012, 06:01
The servers are ordered by mod(id). The ordering of servers of the same mod isn't defined in the query, so it's up to mysql to have some random ordering. I think theres a thread about it in the support forum at interwavestudios.com

SmackDaddy
07-02-2012, 21:16
after adding the 10th server the server's order is looking like shit. how can i fix this? before it was :
and now its
i got 16 servers and the server's id is 1-16 as it should but order is looking like shit

Same here....would love the ability to make the server order myself....so it's not out of order. *UGH*

DarthNinja
07-03-2012, 00:47
Just add a column and an ORDER BY statement to the queries.

Horsedick
07-03-2012, 22:25
I had one player I banned, said player was banned yet was still there till I kicked them out which upon a rejoin attempt did block them however I've not seen that happen before. Any reason why?

Grot
07-04-2012, 10:45
Hey guys, I am having some problems with sourcebans. :(

I installed it on my web server fine, MySQL databases are being written to and whatnot. My issue is that I keep getting the Error Connecting message and the "Error getting server info. Can't read from UDP stream. Port is possibly blocked." message from the debug script.

However, I sent in a ticket with my web host who said they have opened the port up for me and http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ says "Port 27016 is open on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (Game Server IP) so I am not sure what is going on. In addition the debug script says Error connecting #110: Connection timed out for the TCP test, but as I said, yougetsignal says the port is open.

Anyone have any ideas as to why it might not be working?

Screaming_Alpha
07-04-2012, 12:08
Did you remember to add your game server I.P. to your "Remote Mysql Database Access" . So your game server I.P. is allowed to communicate with the database ?

DJ Tsunami
07-05-2012, 03:57
It needs to be open on your web server, see Which ports does the SourceBans webpanel require to be open? (http://sourcebans.net/faq/which-ports-does-sourcebans-webpanel-require-be-open).

Peace-Maker
07-05-2012, 06:40
I had one player I banned, said player was banned yet was still there till I kicked them out which upon a rejoin attempt did block them however I've not seen that happen before. Any reason why?

Which game? Did you ban him ingame or from the webpanel?

Horsedick
07-05-2012, 10:17

from ingame and TF2

TFC
07-07-2012, 16:11
I got error, i can't login anymore

Warning: Missing argument 2 for Plogin() in /home2/bans/includes/sb-callback.php on line 81
Warning: Missing argument 3 for Plogin() in /home2/bans/includes/sb-callback.php on line 81
Warning: Missing argument 4 for Plogin() in /home2/bans/includes/sb-callback.php on line 81
Warning: Missing argument 5 for Plogin() in /home2/bans/includes/sb-callback.php on line 81
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/bans/includes/sb-callback.php:81) in /home2/bans/includes/xajax.inc.php on line 766
If you have forgotten your password, use the Lost Password link.", "red", "", true);]]>

Peace-Maker
07-08-2012, 21:57
I got error, i can't login anymore

Warning: Missing argument 2 for Plogin() in /home2/bans/includes/sb-callback.php on line 81
Warning: Missing argument 3 for Plogin() in /home2/bans/includes/sb-callback.php on line 81
Warning: Missing argument 4 for Plogin() in /home2/bans/includes/sb-callback.php on line 81
Warning: Missing argument 5 for Plogin() in /home2/bans/includes/sb-callback.php on line 81
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/bans/includes/sb-callback.php:81) in /home2/bans/includes/xajax.inc.php on line 766
If you have forgotten your password, use the Lost Password link.", "red", "", true);]]>

Did you update your sourcebans installation recently? You seem to have outdated themes files. Try deleting all files in your themes_c folder.

keosan24
07-08-2012, 22:12
I am getting a error when i add my server to the server page in sourcebans
Warning: stream_set_timeout(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hermes/bosweb/web117/b1177/webhost/sourcebans/includes/CServerInfo.php on line 187

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hermes/bosweb/web117/b1177/webhost/sourcebans/includes/CServerInfo.php on line 201

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hermes/bosweb/web117/b1177/webhost/sourcebans/includes/CServerInfo.php on line 263

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web117/b1177/webhost/sourcebans/includes/CServerInfo.php:187) in /hermes/bosweb/web117/b1177/webhost/sourcebans/includes/xajax.inc.php on line 766
Error connecting (76.172.139.56:27015)]]>N/AN/AN/AN/A$('dialog-control').setStyle('display', 'block');$('dialog-placement').setStyle('display', 'none');

when i use the sb_debug_connection.php i get this
[-] Error connecting #13: Permission denied

I then looked around and found out that it may be my gameserver host not allowing the connection but i am the host for the server. I have edited firewall to allow connections from the right ports and even disabled the firewall but still getting the same error.
I am not getting a error connection in the console for the SCRDS.exe about sourcebans.smx not being able to connect. I have contacted my webhost about allowing certain ports to be opened on the webserver where i host the files and website and i am currently waiting for there reply.
Anyone care to share there input on there fixes with this issue?

Peace-Maker
07-08-2012, 22:45
It's your webhost blocking ports. Any connection errors on your webpanel are due to your webhost disallowing the communication. You'll have to wait for an answer.

Horsedick
07-08-2012, 23:39

Did you see my answer Peace? It was in game TF2 - looks like similar happened tonight when the SteamRep plugin banned a player yet he was able to join in anyway till I had to kick manually and this was done thru the game of course.

07-08-2012, 23:48
Did you see my answer Peace? It was in game TF2 - looks like similar happened tonight when the SteamRep plugin banned a player yet he was able to join in anyway till I had to kick manually and this was done thru the game of course.

I don't suppose this is an effect of the newer SteamIDs using 80 instead of 79?

Horsedick
07-09-2012, 11:46
I don't suppose this is an effect of the newer SteamIDs using 80 instead of 79?

no this user has been blocked before as I have them when detected banned for 1 day so if they are cleared I don't have to go back and clear it.

Horsedick
07-11-2012, 11:18
Once again... user is banned by an Admin from this server and player remains until a manual kick is applied. Was there a setting some where to ban but not kick out that gets applied to each server or something cause this is odd.

matrixmark
07-11-2012, 13:38
Im not sure if this is what you were referring to:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2dl9b0k.png

Hopefully it is :D

Horsedick
07-11-2012, 16:18
Im not sure if this is what you were referring to:

Hopefully it is :D

naw have that checked - seems to only effect one server although everything else is fine.

I'm going to go back and look at everything and logs..bound to be something going on I can find.

Edit: I see this in a sourcebans.log file

L 07/10/2012 - 16:00:00: [sourcebans.smx] Verify Ban Query Failed: Unknown MySQL server host 'HOSTNAME.net' (11002)

MLGsuperGame
07-26-2012, 10:53
Alright so I installed everything and get this problem when banning from the server. If I ban someone from the server it bans with the SourceBans plugin, but doesn't display the ban on the website. As if it never happened. Now if I ban from the website it works. Any ideas?

snelvuur
07-26-2012, 11:22
Is your server visible and does rcon work via the website (just as check) dont know if its needed, but in your sourcemod config folder, there is a sourcebans directory where the sourcebans config is. You need to add the serverid in there too which you can grab from the list of server from the website.

MLGsuperGame
07-26-2012, 12:39
Is your server visible and does rcon work via the website (just as check) dont know if its needed, but in your sourcemod config folder, there is a sourcebans directory where the sourcebans config is. You need to add the serverid in there too which you can grab from the list of server from the website.

My rcon, and server ID are correct.

Horsedick
07-26-2012, 13:12
Alright so I installed everything and get this problem when banning from the server. If I ban someone from the server it bans with the SourceBans plugin, but doesn't display the ban on the website. As if it never happened. Now if I ban from the website it works. Any ideas?

Iv'e seen this issue before..... do you have Remote SQL setup for the IP#/host name of the server and do you have all the ports open on your host site from the server ip/port?

tested against the sb_bug php file?

MLGsuperGame
07-26-2012, 15:26
I am almost positive my ports are open, but do not have remote SQL.

Peace-Maker
07-26-2012, 16:43
What's your sourcebans.log yelling?

Roundcat
07-29-2012, 07:48
Ok everything is installed. Webinterface is working with myself added as the main admin.

Do I delete the old files admin_groups.cgf and admins.cfg? Where are the sourcebans ban lists written to?
I tried banning myself and it kicked me with the correct sourcebans message - but I was able to rejoin and my name was not added to the webinterface - any idea why?
How do i edit the 'reasons' list as the default is clearly for CS and I run a TF2 server.

Help needed thx.