PDA

View Full Version : Question about SP

Rolnaaba
07-29-2007, 13:32
Is SourcePawn Object Oriented, and I read your could create scripts in C++, since C++ has Object Oriented Capabilities can you create Object Oriented Scripts?

FlyingMongoose
07-29-2007, 13:55
SourceMod allows you to create C++ extensions for functions that can be called via SourceMod.

dalto
07-29-2007, 13:59
sourcepawn itself is not object oriented.

Zenith77
07-29-2007, 14:20
And there's a wiki for this.

pRED*
07-29-2007, 16:39
Since you're from amxx..

SM Plugins - Written in SourcePawn - Very similar syntaxically to pawn but obviously with a complete new set of natives and forwards.

Extension - Written in C++ - Very similar to amxx modules. Has OOP and everything else that c++ offers..

Rolnaaba
07-29-2007, 17:48
thnx pred that makes sence to me. Thnx everyone for the answers, I will look into writing extensions, if you have somewhere you think I should start reading about them let me know.

FlyingMongoose
07-30-2007, 04:31
Mod specific extensions could be useful for the eventual advent of mod-specific packages. (Things that provide access to functions in mods that you don't think would normally be accessible to a "universal" plugin).

For a very simple example, though very easily done through sourcepawn, the only mod I know of that does "money" is counter-strike: source, so that's "mod dependant".

SourcePawn is not hard to pick up though. You could just start writing plugins in that if you wish as well.