PDA

View Full Version : Quake Sounds

Pages : 1 2 [3]

CrazyHamster
02-08-2009, 10:37
Hello everybody, I am hoping someone here has encountered the following issues, and can kindly help me.

1)
I tried to fix a .mp3 file with a different { bit rate / frequency / channels }, but nothing worked. The only way I could get that sound clip to work, was to convert it to .wav, but that made a ~60 KB file became ~1.5 MB. Even I zipped it down as .bz2, it's still about ~700 KB...

Anyone here knows if it is possible to convert the bit rate, or etc, of the .mp3, without convert it to .wav?

2)
Another thing. I have two SRCDS, one is my locate Linux box (as a sandbox), and the other one is from a hosting (as my main server). As for the files, and the plugin settings, they are both idential (I am absolutely sure on this), and they both are set up to use the same web server for fast downloading.

My issue is, I got a clip for greeting the players, which is the above sound clip. After setting up Quake Sounds from scratch, if I join the Windows server, that clip won't play. The log is showing some error message likes the following:

----------------------------------------------------------
Failed to load file (filename of the clip)... ...file probably missing from disk/repository.

But when I join my Linux box, the clip played fine. And if I went back to my Windows SRCDS after being on the Linux SRCDS, then the clip would play on my Windows SRCDS...

I did make sure that when I joined my Windows SRCDS, the clip was being downloaded correctly, from the fast download path.

3)
In the "quakesoundslist.cfg", does the '/' make any difference for a Linux SRCDS and Windows SRCDS?

For example:

admin_plugin/actions/joinserver.wav

vs

admin_plugin\actions\joinserver.wav

Any help would be appreciated.

CrazyHamster
02-09-2009, 01:42
After spending the whole afternoon today (what a luxury...), I have partially figured out how to make it works.

[ First, for my question #3 in the above ]

The / and \ don't matter.

I guess that is a trivial discovery to many, but yeah, no one answered that question, and since things worked fine for my Linux SRCDS, I couldn't help but assuming it would cause some problems. :crab:

[ For my question #2 ]
I don't know about the server setup of the other people, but for my game server hosting, the hosting company is using Windows 2003 Server, and for my account, I have no access above the "tf/" folder. Therefore, I cannot access the "hl2/" folder, as naris or many others have suggested, about adding the exception rules in the "pure_server_whitelist.txt" in "hl2/".

Just before I was going to contact tech support, I used the "pure_server_whitelist.txt" from my Linux SRCDS, added:

--------------------------------------
sound/admin_plugin/... allow_from_disk
sound/quake/... allow_from_disk

and uploaded it to my Windows SRCDS. By doing that, I got my welcome clip in the "sound/admin_plugin/actions/" to work, yet "sound/quake/..." still didn't work.

Then I deleted everything, leaving just the following:

whitelist
{
sound/admin_plugin/... allow_from_disk
sound/quake/... allow_from_disk
}

and now everything is working.

Hope that could help the others.

P.S.
I am using naris' version. Many thanks to this good man. :)

p0lar_bear
02-09-2009, 17:27
1) ...Anyone here knows if it is possible to convert the bit rate, or etc, of the .mp3, without convert it to .wav?

For future sound editing (like taking just a bit out of a longer sound file), get Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Due to licensing issues with the MP3 compression format, you'll need to download LAME (http://lame.sourceforge.net/download.php) and drop lame_enc.dll into Audacity's folder somewhere (refer to Audacity's help files) to save your sounds as MP3s.

For batch conversion of bitrates and whatnot, try WinFF (http://winff.org/html/). Yes, it does sound files as well as video files; I was able to batch convert a bunch of WMA sound files I extracted from Halo 2 so I could use them with this plugin.

Hope this helps.

SuicideKings
02-15-2009, 06:16
Hello all I really need help Im at a loss here...
Ive installed the plugin on my tf2 server and it works well kind of...
I noticed that I couldnt hear the sounds but if someone that had been to another server with the quake sounds they would trigger just fine for them not me :(

is there something that needs to happen... right now they download at each map change like they never make to the right folder or something .:weird:.

any and all help will be greatly appreciated

FredJed223
02-15-2009, 18:47
Hello all I really need help Im at a loss here...
Ive installed the plugin on my tf2 server and it works well kind of...
I noticed that I couldnt hear the sounds but if someone that had been to another server with the quake sounds they would trigger just fine for them not me :(

is there something that needs to happen... right now they download at each map change like they never make to the right folder or something .:weird:.

any and all help will be greatly appreciated

If you are using sv_downloadurl then make sure the files are on your fast download server in the proper location.

If you are not using sv_downloadurl, then you have not placed the files in the proper location on the server.

CrazyHamster
02-16-2009, 21:33
For future sound editing (like taking just a bit out of a longer sound file), get Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Due to licensing issues with the MP3 compression format, you'll need to download LAME (http://lame.sourceforge.net/download.php) and drop lame_enc.dll into Audacity's folder somewhere (refer to Audacity's help files) to save your sounds as MP3s.

For batch conversion of bitrates and whatnot, try WinFF (http://winff.org/html/). Yes, it does sound files as well as video files; I was able to batch convert a bunch of WMA sound files I extracted from Halo 2 so I could use them with this plugin.

Hope this helps.

p0lar_bear,

Actually my question was regarding to this issue instead, but thanks for the help :o:

The bit rate for sounds in TF2 is different than other games. Get that annoying sound converter the kids are using to spam **** over the mics and use it to conver the files for your server.

Probably my own inability, most suggestions I found here, and on the net (such as steampowered.com), say to convert the sound file (of whatever format), to a .wav format, in order to be played in TF2. However, .wav format is just too big in size.

After a bit of trial and error, I got my .mp3 file to work.

---------------------------
Application to use:
dBpoweramp Music Converter

Properties of the .mp3 file:
Sample Rate: 44.1 KHz
Sample Size: 16 bit

Other properties (such as bitrate, channels, encoder settings, etc.), don't matter. At least for my case. For encoder, I used LAME though.

I got my original .wav file compressed, from 1.4 MB, to 99 KB, that is 94% compressed :o.

One thing though, the sound clip that I use for welcoming the player when he joins, when it was in .wav format, it played perfectly, but using the .mp3 one, the first sec or two are being laggy...

CrazyHamster
02-16-2009, 21:46
...but if someone that had been to another server with the quake sounds they would trigger just fine...

SuicideKings,

It seems like the same case as the one I had. Have you tried my method? (#502, which is two posts prior to yours)

As for troubleshooting, let's start with the easy step first.

1)
Go to your local TF2 installation folder:

\Steam\steamapps\:oops:\team fortress 2\tf\sound\

and delete all the sound files there.

2)
Start TF2, and join your own server, and see if the game is downloading the sound files, then check your local folder again, to see if the sound files have been downloaded OK.

3)
Did you compress the sound files? Like from sound1.mp3, to sound1.mp3.bz2? Or you make the file as sound1.bz2, and forgot the .mp3 part?

4)
Is it a Linux hosting, or Windows hosting?

Try the above first and let us know. :mrgreen:

SuicideKings
02-17-2009, 12:30
Thanks everyone for the prompt replies
Ive done everything suggest and the issue has been resolved thanks again
the sounds were not located on our fast download site but now are and working fine
thanks again:mrgreen:

Roachy
02-20-2009, 03:49
I'm having a problem with the latest version (1.8) not saving text preference settings for anyone. I saw someone posted about this issue and figured out the problem. Also the issue was supposedly fixed by someone, but I never saw anything else on the topic. Any ideas? Here's the posts I'm referring to, although they're from Dec. 2007:

Bugreport.

In quakeusersettings.txt text preference saves as 1 even if I choose disable display text. Text don`t display during a game session, but if reconnect to server center messages show me again.

"QuakeUserSettings"
{
"STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxxx"
{
"sound preference" "0"
"text preference" "1"
"timestamp" "1196885767"
}
}

Got it.
MenuHandlerQuake don`t saves text choice.
dalto has forgot add:
KvSetNum(kvQUS, "text preference", textPreference[param1]);

Will edit and recompile this when I get home for those who want it fixed. :)

Roachy
02-20-2009, 13:26
I'm having a problem with the latest version (1.8) not saving text preference settings for anyone. I saw someone posted about this issue and figured out the problem. Also the issue was supposedly fixed by someone, but I never saw anything else on the topic. Any ideas? Here's the posts I'm referring to, although they're from Dec. 2007:

I recompiled my quakesounds.sp with the following edit to the MenuHandlerQuake function. I made an educated guess as to where the additional line Bloodlvst suggested should go, and now text preferences are saving properly.

// This selects or disables the quake sounds
public MenuHandlerQuake(Handle:menu, MenuAction:action, param1, param2)
{
if(action == MenuAction_Select) {
// The Disable Choice moves around based on if female sounds are enabled
new disableChoice = numSets + 1;

// Update both the soundPreference array and User Settings KV
if(param2 == disableChoice)
soundPreference[param1] = 0;
else if(param2 == 0)
textPreference[param1] = Flip(textPreference[param1]);
else
soundPreference[param1] = param2;
decl String:steamId[20];
GetClientAuthString(param1, steamId, 20);
KvRewind(kvQUS);
KvJumpToKey(kvQUS, steamId);
KvSetNum(kvQUS, "sound preference", soundPreference[param1]);

// Added the following line because text preferences are not being saved - Roachy

MenuQuake(param1, 0);
} else if(action == MenuAction_End) {
CloseHandle(menu);
}
}

I've attached the edited .sp and .smx files, which should be used at your own risk. Although just editing it yourself and recompiling would be just as easy.

MainMan
02-22-2009, 02:01
Hello all!

I have still a problem with this Plugin!
I have install it 2 weeks ago, and it runs very good!
But since five or six days it will not play sounds. In HLSW i can see it is loaded but i become no message on the Server about it, and it plays no sounds when i make a kill!

Here have somebody a idea, why it is so?

Greetings
MainMan

Snake60
02-22-2009, 14:08
Have you installed z-Block on your server?

Blitzo
02-24-2009, 19:48
Hello all!

I have still a problem with this Plugin!
I have install it 2 weeks ago, and it runs very good!
But since five or six days it will not play sounds. In HLSW i can see it is loaded but i become no message on the Server about it, and it plays no sounds when i make a kill!

Here have somebody a idea, why it is so?

Greetings
MainMan

I have the same problem and sv_pure is set to 0. Says something like "failed to load file from disk/repository". The files download but don't play on the events with those error messages.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Snake60
02-24-2009, 20:15
Yes, i know. This is z-block blocks your sounds.
First of all you must set sv_pure 1 in server.cfg
Then you must create TXT file and named it pure_server_whitelist.txt and put in it this content:
whitelist
{

models\weapons\... allow_from_disk
models\player\... allow_from_disk
materials\models\weapons\... allow_from_disk
materials\models\player\... allow_from_disk
materials\temp\... allow_from_disk
materials\vgui\logos\... allow_from_disk
materials\vgui\logos\ui\... allow_from_disk
materials\decals\custom\... allow_from_disk
materials\Skybox\... allow_from_disk

sound\... allow_from_disk
sound\misc\... allow_from_disk
sound\admin_plugin\... allow_from_disk
sound\bombtimer\... allow_from_disk
sound\quake\... allow_from_disk
sound\knifefight\... allow_from_disk

scripts\game_sounds_manifest.txt allow_from_disk
scripts\soundscapes_manifest.txt allow_from_disk
motd.txt allow_from_disk

materials\decals\custom\example\... allow_from_disk
}
This file must be in folder cstrike
This is example of my pure_server_whitelist.txt
your can be different. GL

WebNoob
02-25-2009, 11:16
NVM...SORTED!

Blitzo
02-26-2009, 03:38
Still not working. This is for TF2 btw.

Blitzo
03-01-2009, 14:40
Bump, any other ideas?

Roel
03-02-2009, 04:43
Hane abyone tried to get this working in INSURGENCY server !!!
I tried to install it with
meta and sourcemod, but it didnt read the plugin

How to get this working in insurgency?

shustas
03-04-2009, 10:21
Could anybody strip the client preferences from this plugin? Saving and reading bunch of files on client connect and disconnect is really bad idea.

Blitzo
03-04-2009, 18:32
I'm about ready to pull this plugin off my server. Is anyone still supporting this plugin?

Antithasys
03-06-2009, 16:43
I have decided to take over this plugin. I will be developing a new version of this plugin to use a lot of new features that were not available when it was originally written, like client preferences.

Feature requests for the new version can be made at the project's development site: http://projects.mytf2.com/projects/show/simple-plugins

If you have suggestions, make sure you stop by and add an issue as a feature request. We are currently in the design process so feature request should be made now!

shustas
03-07-2009, 07:22
Well, the idea for you then, dont save all clients preferences. You got default ones, so save to file only those different from default settings. Will be easier on the server load. Thank you

Faust_mateo
03-07-2009, 14:49
Ty Devs , this works great for me!

Roel
03-09-2009, 09:07
I have decided to take over this plugin. I will be developing a new version of this plugin to use a lot of new features that were not available when it was originally written, like client preferences.

Feature requests for the new version can be made at the project's development site: http://projects.mytf2.com/projects/show/simple-plugins

If you have suggestions, make sure you stop by and add an issue as a feature request. We are currently in the design process so feature request should be made now!

Hey thank you for updating/upgrading this plugin
At the moment its not working for the mod INSURGENCY with source and meta mod installed.
I have checked your plugin management website, but I couldnt add someting in there for this plugin.

Antithasys
03-10-2009, 02:12
Hey thank you for updating/upgrading this plugin
At the moment its not working for the mod INSURGENCY with source and meta mod installed.
I have checked your plugin management website, but I couldnt add someting in there for this plugin.

You can. Its a part of the Simple Sourcemod Plugins project. The version is available as well as the category. It was added a few days ago and we mite have just missed each other with the updates.

Roel
03-11-2009, 08:05
You can expect all my support
We can help you testing in hl2dm and Insurgency
I am a complete noob at developping, but I can help with Testing and reporting errors

Also Dutch, Fench, Norsk Translations

Faust_mateo
03-16-2009, 13:05
Is there anyway to increase the number of sound commands shown on the menu list ? Maybe substitute alphabet letters instead of numbers ? I'm not sure how it would be done.

naris
03-16-2009, 14:40
Is there anyway to increase the number of sound commands shown on the menu list ? Maybe substitute alphabet letters instead of numbers ? I'm not sure how it would be done.

No, the valve engine only supports a limited number of options in a single menu and they must be indexed by digits.

However, multi page menus are possible as can be seen in the saysounds plugin, or the standard pick a map or vote for a map options in the sourcemod admin menu, among other places.

naris
03-16-2009, 15:22
I have modified the quakesounds plugin to support additional sounds in TF2 (for deaths due to rocket, critrocket, train and drowned) and delayed the precaching of sounds until they are actually required.

Faust_mateo
03-16-2009, 16:07
No, the valve engine only supports a limited number of options in a single menu and they must be indexed by digits.

However, multi page menus are possible as can be seen in the saysounds plugin, or the standard pick a map or vote for a map options in the sourcemod admin menu, among other places.

Cool, ty

Faust_mateo
03-17-2009, 15:53
In your whitelist add....

//SOUNDS
sound\... allow_from_disk //caches steam sounds
sound\admin_plugin\... allow_from_disk //UNcomment to allow custom plugin sounds
sound\quake\... allow_from_disk //quake sounds
sound\gl_endmusic\*.* allow_from_disk //saysounds
sound\ambient\... allow_from_disk //UNcomment to allow ambient sounds including victory sounds
sound\ambient\german_win.mp3 allow_from_disk //UNcomment to allow custom victory music
sound\ambient\us_win.mp3 allow_from_disk //UNcomment to allow victory music
sound\player\american\startround\... allow_from_disk //UNcomment to allow startround sounds
sound\player\german\startround\... allow_from_disk //UNcomment to allow startround sounds
sound\ui\... allow_from_disk //UNcomment to allow buttonclick sounds for console
sound\weapons\*.* allow_from_disk //UNcomment to allow custom weapon sounds
sound\bandage\*.* allow_from_disk

Faust_mateo
03-17-2009, 16:19
double post , sorry

nicu_pascan
03-17-2009, 17:53
Thank you for this info
love this game:grrr:

ChrisG
03-23-2009, 11:23
is is possible to create a new startyourvoting-sound like this:

"start your voting"
{
"sound" "admin_plugin/actions/startyourvoting2.mp3"
"config" "1"
}

:?:

PlasmaWaffle
03-29-2009, 02:44
OK so I tried installing quake sounds on tf2, i got the modded version he released on like page 25 or whatever it was, and only the headshot and humiliation sounds work, none of the others. Does anyone know what could be causing the problem? sv_pure is 0. Also, someone should just release the mod for TF2 on a new page as it seems to have enough problems on its own and it would be nice if it was easier to find.

MoM
04-02-2009, 13:19
Iam using this quakesounds addon. But the commands !quake and /quake doesnt work. I dont get a list where players can choos between female and normal quake sounds.

Hopefully someone can help me.

MoM
04-03-2009, 15:19
bump

Faust_mateo
04-05-2009, 19:36
anyone knwo what stops these error, just crashed my server ( happened twice now)

DOD:S + SM 1.2

04/05/2009 - 17:58:42: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 3" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 17:58:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 17:58:42: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 17:58:42: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:00:45: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:00:45: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 5" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:00:45: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:00:45: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:00:45: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:01:55: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:01:55: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 3" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:01:55: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:01:55: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:01:55: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:13: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:13: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 5" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:13: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:13: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:13: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:38: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:38: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 3" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:38: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:38: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:38: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:40: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:40: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 3" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:40: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:40: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:40: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:55: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:55: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 5" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:55: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:55: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:55: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:04:34: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:04:34: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 5" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:04:34: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:04:34: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:04:34: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:08:24: Error log file session closed.

Stonesy
04-07-2009, 20:04
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way for players to turn the sounds of just for them ingame? As some people who play on the server dont like hearing the sounds and leave, which of course isnt very good lol, am hoping there is a way.

Faust_mateo
04-08-2009, 16:27
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way for players to turn the sounds of just for them ingame? As some people who play on the server dont like hearing the sounds and leave, which of course isnt very good lol, am hoping there is a way.

type "!quake" in chat and the menu should drop down.

Stonesy
04-08-2009, 16:39
For some odd reason, when players type !quake the menu doesnt appear. I have mani admin installed so could that be the problem?

stuff
04-08-2009, 18:07
is it possible to play random sound out of a list
on some event?
is it possible to adjust sounds volume separate
to each sound/event?

MoM
04-09-2009, 04:44
For some odd reason, when players type !quake the menu doesnt appear. I have mani admin installed so could that be the problem?

I have the same problem. !quake doesnt work.

-=CsFF=- Eagle
04-09-2009, 07:27
Hi if u use Mani and Sourcemod use the Metamod Version of Mani Plugin not *.vdf and !quake/quake should work.

Eagle

stuff
04-11-2009, 05:22
so, what about random sounds?
is it possible?

Faust_mateo
04-12-2009, 23:34
Still getting fatal errors with Naris version , is there a working "headshot" capable plugin for DOD:S .

Error log, & crash's daily

DOD:S + SM 1.2

04/05/2009 - 17:58:42: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 3" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 17:58:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 17:58:42: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 17:58:42: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:00:45: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:00:45: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 5" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:00:45: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:00:45: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:00:45: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:01:55: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:01:55: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 3" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:01:55: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:01:55: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:01:55: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:13: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:13: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 5" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:13: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:13: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:13: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:38: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:38: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 3" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:38: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:38: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:38: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:40: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:40: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 3" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:40: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:40: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:40: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:55: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:55: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 5" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:55: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:55: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:02:55: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:04:34: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 04/05/2009 - 18:04:34: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "knife 5" not found
L 04/05/2009 - 18:04:34: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 04/05/2009 - 18:04:34: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:04:34: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 04/05/2009 - 18:08:24: Error log file session closed.

kobo1d
04-19-2009, 19:33
hey there.. im havin a problem on my linux srcds..
the sounds play very unfrequently.. i mean not every time.. its like a 50/50 chance if they are played or not...
it seems to be sum kind of random... so why is this and how can i prevent it ?!

there is nor error in console or the logs...

any ideas plz ?!

*EDIT* seems to be a headshot problem..
thats the only trigger which seems to be very incurate.. :/

Faust_mateo
04-20-2009, 10:42
To fix my errors , I went into the quake translation list and added a Knife 5 , Knife 7, Knife 9 with custom message's. No more errors.

IcEWoLF
04-20-2009, 23:41
Does anyone have a toned down version of this thing?
The mani admin version of quake sounds was better...much toned down than this.
I'd pay if someone can integrate the Mani Admin Plugin (quake sounds.cfg) into sourcemod...
I just hate all this varius sounds.
(I'd like to keep the female voice option).

Faust_mateo
04-21-2009, 13:17
Does anyone have a toned down version of this thing?
The mani admin version of quake sounds was better...much toned down than this.
I'd pay if someone can integrate the Mani Admin Plugin (quake sounds.cfg) into sourcemod...
I just hate all this varius sounds.
(I'd like to keep the female voice option).

Do you mean volume lowered or language used. I have my Q-Sounds volume set at .5 and it works very well.

IcEWoLF
04-21-2009, 18:25
Do you mean volume lowered or language used. I have my Q-Sounds volume set at .5 and it works very well.

Not the actual volume, but every time someone gets 1 or two kills in a row it says dominating or something like that...it spams the sounds too much basically and it probably needs to be recoded or something.

kooch
04-22-2009, 15:24
I am having an issue with Quakesounds on my server and would appreciate any help. I tried searching the forums and didn't find anything so please excuse this if it's been answered before.

Quakesounds work, but the issue is that when someone gets a single kill it always says doublekill or multikill in text and voice even though it was only a single kill. How do I correct this? Is it a configurable option in the plugin to determine the time limit between kills to qualify as multikill? Below is a list of installed plugins

Running: MM 1.71, ES 2.00.248, EST .418, SM 1.20.

17:17:23 [SM] Listing 29 plugins:
01 "Admin Help" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Menu Based Rules" (1.5.1) by XARiUS
03 "Reserved Slots" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Client Preferences" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
05 "Map Rate" (0.10) by Ryan "FLOOR_MASTER" Mannion
06 "Fun Commands" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Votes" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "PsychoStats rank`n`top" (0.3) by O!KAK
09 "Player Commands" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "VBAC" (3.3) by MoggieX
11 "Admin Sounds" (1.0.1) by dalto
12 "Nextmap" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
13 "Admin Menu" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
14 "Admin File Reader" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "Rock The Vote" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
16 "TeamSwitch" (1.3) by MistaGee
17 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
18 "Advertisements" (0.5.5) by Tsunami
19 "Damage report" (1.1.10) by [30+]Gemeni
20 "Quake Sounds" (1.8) by dalto
21 "Basic Commands" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
22 "Sound Commands" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
23 "Anti-Flood" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
24 "Basic Comm Control" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
25 "MapChooser" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
26 "Team Bets" (1.4) by ferret
27 "SourceBans" (1.4.0) by InterWave Studios Development Team
28 "Weapon Restrictions" (3.0.2) by Liam
29 "Basic Chat" (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
17:17:23 Rcon: "sm plugins list"

Thanks in advance.

IcEWoLF
04-22-2009, 17:27
^ exactly.
When someone kills 1 guy and then kills another guy 2 seconds after that he gets a double kill? what the heck?

FredJed223
04-22-2009, 18:23
^ exactly.
When someone kills 1 guy and then kills another guy 2 seconds after that he gets a double kill? what the heck?

Just adjust the settings in addons/sourcemod/configs/quakesoundlist.cfg

kooch
04-23-2009, 09:40
Just adjust the settings in addons/sourcemod/configs/quakesoundlist.cfg

Adjust the settings how? What should I be looking for / changing?

smithxxl
04-24-2009, 21:45
There is a small bug with it not saving the text prefs....

If you find this on line 401:
KvJumpToKey(kvQUS, steamId);

And Put this below it:

That fixes the problem and attached the source too. It could use a re-write using SM's ClientPrefs stuff. Great plugin and keep up the good work.

IcEWoLF
04-27-2009, 02:25
There is a small bug with it not saving the text prefs....

If you find this on line 401:
KvJumpToKey(kvQUS, steamId);And Put this below it:
KvSetNum(kvQUS, "text preference", textPreference[param1]);That fixes the problem and attached the source too. It could use a re-write using SM's ClientPrefs stuff. Great plugin and keep up the good work.

Even after that, people still get the sound after 1 or 2 or 3 kills.
Basically kill 1 they get nothing, on the second kill they get double kill WTF? and then on the third kill they get triple kill?
This needs to be fixed >.!

smithxxl
04-27-2009, 08:13
Even after that, people still get the sound after 1 or 2 or 3 kills.
Basically kill 1 they get nothing, on the second kill they get double kill WTF? and then on the third kill they get triple kill?
This needs to be fixed >.!

Are you sure they are typing in !quake to change those settings correctly. That would be option 4 i believe to disable it. If you chose option 4, then look in the cstrike/addons/sourcemod/data/quakeusersettings.txt and search for your STEAM and copy+paste here.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
05-03-2009, 14:30
I revamped and fixed this plugin.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385

IcEWoLF
05-06-2009, 16:24
I revamped and fixed this plugin.

Does that fix the issue that I was speaking about above?

Timiditas
05-10-2009, 19:37
I have modified the quakesounds plugin to support additional sounds in TF2 (for deaths due to rocket, critrocket, train and drowned) and delayed the precaching of sounds until they are actually required.
Doesn't that inverse the logic of PREcaching? :|

Some people were annoyed that the round-starting sound plays when the freeze time is over instead at the beginning of the freeze time.
Thats easy to fix. Just open the .sp file of the version you are using and find

// Play the starting sound
public EventRoundFreezeEnd(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
{
PlayQuakeSound(ROUND_PLAY, 0, 0);
PrintQuakeText(ROUND_PLAY, 0, 0);
}

// Initializations to be done at the beginning of the round
public EventRoundStart(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
{
if(gameType != HL2DM)
NewRoundInitialization();
}
that section.
Change it so it looks like this:

public EventRoundFreezeEnd(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
{

}

{
if(gameType != HL2DM)
}
then fix your quakesoundslist.cfg to use a proper soundfile for that event.
I myself have added a 25'th sound so I can play different sounds at both events. That needs more changes though.

Added a new string, at the end of the soundnames array:

static const String:soundNames[NUM_SOUNDS][] = {"headshot", "grenade", "selfkill", "round play", "knife",
"killsound 1", "killsound 2", "killsound 3", "killsound 4", "killsound 5", "killsound 6", "killsound 7",
"killsound 8", "killsound 9", "killsound 10", "killsound 11", "first blood", "teamkill", "double combo",
"triple combo", "quad combo", "monster combo", "headshot 3", "headshot 5", "round start"};
That string ("round start") goes into a new section of the quakesoundslist.cfg. I put it directly below round play:

"round play"
{
"standard" "quake/play.wav"
"female" "quake/female/prepare.mp3" <- that file is actually circulating with a wrong filename; she moans "PLAY", not "prepare" or something
"config" "9"
}
"round start"
{
"standard" "quake/prepare.mp3"
"female" "quake/prepare.mp3" <- there is no "prepare" file for female set, use male
"config" "9"
}
Then change
#define NUM_SOUNDS 24to
#define NUM_SOUNDS 25Add
#define ROUND_START 24after
#define HEADSHOT5 23Lastly change

{
}

{
if(gameType != HL2DM)
}
into

{
}

{
if(gameType != HL2DM)
PlayQuakeSound(ROUND_START, 0, 0);
PrintQuakeText(ROUND_START, 0, 0);
}
Works like a charm.

tcviper
05-14-2009, 05:08
This new plugin works like a charm: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385

onlyamd
05-23-2009, 18:47
Anybody notice after the update that no melee sounds are triggered in TF2? Translation comes up on the screen but no sounds which means it's getting triggered. Thanks

igotfits
05-25-2009, 06:50
i installed the files according to the instructions, the !quake command does not work, and people download the sounds but they do not work. any help im running sourcemod and maniadmin and meta mod.

Timiditas
05-25-2009, 09:18
i installed the files according to the instructions, the !quake command does not work, and people download the sounds but they do not work. any help im running sourcemod and maniadmin and meta mod.
Post the sourcemod error logfile.
Located in :
cstrike\addons\sourcemod\logs\errors_2009xxxx .log

@tcviper:
That new plugin has and misses basically the same features as this one.

-=CsFF=- Eagle
05-25-2009, 10:06
@ igotfits.

Use Metamod with the vdf loader. After this it will work.

igotfits
05-25-2009, 22:23
i got it working, one more problem fellas and thank u guys for responding great help. when i type in !quake nothing happens :( i installed everything where it was suppose to go, the reason why my sounds didnt work were becuz i didnt put them in the correct spot on my .com site. but now everytime any1 connects it redownloads the sounds even though they r saved in their dod folder already is there a command to stop that. but !quake command does not work.

Amulon
05-26-2009, 13:04
It is working perfectly except for the join server sound. I want it to be a different one. So i went into the sound/directory and changed the file so it is the one i want, then i put the song in my files. But it still doesn't work. What else do i have to do? Is there a step by step process i should do?

onlyamd
05-27-2009, 22:50
Anybody not getting sounds in TF2 for melee events? None of my melee events are working. Thanks

Brasil
05-27-2009, 23:01
someone please help, for some reason almost no menus work on my server.the only one's that do work are wcs, mani and SM.
Quake menu does not work
Radio Menu does not work

igotfits
05-27-2009, 23:21
@ igotfits.

Use Metamod with the vdf loader. After this it will work.

i told someone my command menu doesnt work !quake and so on, now what exactly do i do here all i see in the addons/metamod/sourcemod.vdf is this...
"Metamod Plugin"
{
"alias" "sourcemod"
"file" "addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm"
}

martin.developer
05-28-2009, 08:56
Hello, I have this mode on my server. But I can't hear the sounds.
But others players can.
I have STEAM CS:S and console is writing "
Failed to load sound "quake\female\dominating.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository"
but i have this files in cstrike/sounds.
Where can be problem ?

Timiditas
05-28-2009, 09:01
In that case the sound download might not work (and other users already had the sounds in the correct folder from visiting other servers) or *your* personal files are corrupted and since they already exist, they aren't re-downloaded.

psychonic
05-28-2009, 09:07
Hello, I have this mode on my server. But I can't hear the sounds.
But others players can.
I have STEAM CS:S and console is writing "
Failed to load sound "quake\female\dominating.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository"
but i have this files in cstrike/sounds.
Where can be problem ?

Maybe it would work better if you weren't running a NoSteam server.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=835224&postcount=1

(yes i know that likely has nothing to do with it)

martin.developer
05-28-2009, 09:16
Yes I have NS server, because my friends have NS CS:S, but between the NS and the STEAM server are no differences in Sourcemod or wrong ?

Roach
05-28-2009, 09:19
Yes I have NS server, because my friends have NS CS:S, but between the NS and the STEAM server are no differences in Sourcemod or wrong ?

Once again, non steam isnt supported. Stop asking for support or I'll remove you.

martin.developer
05-28-2009, 09:21
Okey okey, but I asking about my CS:S and this plugin, I dont say anything about my server. Problem must be on my PC (I have a original STEAM) and I dont know where.

onlyamd
05-31-2009, 13:50
Yea, i'm having a problem with the menu not working. Can someone be more specific about the fix for this. I am using the new 1.2.1 Thank you for all the help guys!

psychonic
05-31-2009, 14:22
Yea, i'm having a problem with the menu not working. Can someone be more specific about the fix for this. I am using the new 1.2.1 Thank you for all the help guys!

This plugin has appeared to no longer be supported by the author for a while. There are many known bugs with it.

It has been "revamped" here with many bug fixes and sections rewritten. Also, this new version is still being supported and updated with fixes when bugs are found. I highly suggest switching.

onlyamd
05-31-2009, 19:48
I'd love to switch to the new plugin but im using the old one because it has more sounds supported for TF2 (melee sounds). I did load up the new version and the melee sounds nor menu work in TF2 (!quake). Thank you for the replies. Hers is the current sound list im using....

"QuakeSoundsList"
{
"sound sets"
{
"sound set 1" "standard"
"sound set 2" "ddr"
"sound set 3" "female"
"sound set 4" ""
"sound set 5" ""
}
"headshot"
{
"standard" "quake/accuracy.WAV"
"female" "quake/female/headshot.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/accuracy.WAV"
"config" "9"
}
"headshot 3"
{
"standard" "quake/hattrick.wav"
"ddr" "quake/headshot4_final.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"headshot 5"
{
"standard" "quake/headhunter.wav"
"ddr" "quake/headshot3_final.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"backstab"
{
"standard" "quake/knockedout1.mp3"
"female" "quake/knockedout1.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/knockedout1.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/bell.WAV"
"config" "9"
}
"backstab 3"
{
"standard" "quake/outstanding.mp3"
"female" "quake/outstanding.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/outstanding.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"backstab 5"
{
"standard" "quake/toasty2.mp3"
"female" "quake/toasty2.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/toasty2.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"fists"
{
"female" "quake/outstanding.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"fists 3"
{
"config" "9"
}
"fists 5"
{
"standard" "quake/excellent.mp3"
"female" "quake/excellent.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/excellent.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"bat"
{
"standard" "quake/fatality.mp3"
"female" "quake/fatality.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/fatality.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"bat 3"
{
"standard" "quake/epic fail.mp3"
"female" "quake/epic fail.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/epic fail.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"bat 5"
{
"config" "9"
}
"wrench"
{
"standard" "quake/humiliation.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/bottomfeeder.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/humiliation.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"wrench 3"
{
"female" "quake/female/fatality.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"wrench 5"
{
"female" "quake/female/toasty2.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"bottle"
{
"config" "9"
}
"bottle 3"
{
"standard" "quake/play something else.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/play something else.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/play something else.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"bottle 5"
{
"config" "9"
}
"bonesaw"
{
"female" "quake/female/outstanding.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"bonesaw 3"
{
"config" "9"
}
"bonesaw 5"
{
"standard" "quake/toasty.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/toasty.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/toasty.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"shovel"
{
"config" "9"
}
"shovel 3"
{
"standard" "quake/play something else.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/play something else.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/play something else.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"shovel 5"
{
"config" "9"
}
"fireaxe"
{
"config" "9"
}
"fireaxe 3"
{
"config" "9"
}
"fireaxe 5"
{
"config" "9"
}
"club"
{
"config" "9"
}
"club 3"
{
"config" "9"
}
"club 5"
{
"config" "9"
}
"grenade"
{
"standard" "quake/perfect.mp3"
"female" "quake/perfect.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/perfect.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"selfkill"
{
"standard" "quake/autodoc.WAV"
"female" "quake/humiliation.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/autodoc.WAV"
"config" "38"
}
"round play"
{
"standard" "quake/rumble.mp3"
"female" "quake/rumble.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/rumble.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"knife"
{
"config" "9"
}
"knife 3"
{
"config" "9"
}
"knife 5"
{
"config" "9"
}
"melee"
{
"standard" "quake/bell.wav"
"ddr" "quake/bell.wAV"
"config" "9"
}
"killsound 1"
{
"standard" "quake/dominating.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/dominating.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/ratfuck.wav"
"config" "9"
"kills" "6"
}
"killsound 2"
{
"standard" "quake/rampage.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/rampage.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/laugh.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "8"
}
"killsound 3"
{
"standard" "quake/killingspree.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/killingspree.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/outofface.wav"
"config" "9"
"kills" "10"
}
"killsound 4"
{
"standard" "quake/monsterkill.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/monsterkill.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/funny2.wav"
"config" "9"
"kills" "12"
}
"killsound 5"
{
"standard" "quake/unstoppable.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/unstoppable.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/fuckyou3.wav"
"config" "9"
"kills" "14"
}
"killsound 6"
{
"standard" "quake/ultrakill.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/ultrakill.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/cuss4.wav"
"config" "9"
"kills" "16"
}
"killsound 7"
{
"standard" "quake/godlike.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/godlike.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/fight2.wav"
"config" "9"
"kills" "18"
}
"killsound 8"
{
"standard" "quake/wickedsick.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/wickedsick.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/nick2.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "20"
}
"killsound 9"
{
"standard" "quake/laugh3.WAV"
"ddr" "quake/laugh3.WAV"
"config" "9"
"kills" "22"
}
"killsound 10"
{
"standard" "quake/ludicrouskill.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/holyshit.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/tonymontana_final2.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "24"
}
"killsound 11"
{
"standard" "quake/holyshit.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/sycut_final.wav"
"config" "9"
"kills" "28"
}
"first blood"
{
"standard" "quake/firstblood.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/firstblood.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/firstblood.mp3"
"config" "0"
}
"double combo"
{
"standard" "quake/doublekill.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/multikill.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/doublekill.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"triple combo"
{
"standard" "quake/triplekill.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/triplekill.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"quad combo"
{
"standard" "quake/excellent.WAV"
"ddr" "quake/excellent.WAV"
"config" "9"
}
"monster combo"
{
"standard" "quake/combowhore.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/combowhore.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"teamkill"
{
"standard" "quake/teamkiller.mp3"
"female" "quake/teamkiller.mp3"
"ddr" "quake/teamkiller.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"event sounds"
{
"join server"
{
"sound" "admin_plugin/actions/joinsound2.mp3"
"config" "1"
}
}
}

igotfits
06-02-2009, 00:07
@ igotfits.

"Use Metamod with the vdf loader. After this it will work."
someone told me to do this ^ what do i do? i have the sounds working and downloading but the !quake does not work

i told someone my command menu doesnt work !quake and so on, now what exactly do i do there

onlyamd
06-02-2009, 13:47
I am using Metamod with the vdf loader....it may be possible that I dont have the path right but it looks good. Here is the config...

"Plugin"
{
"file" "..\orangebox\tf\addons\metamod\bin\server.dll"
}

Is this correct? If so, menu still does not work. Thank you for the replies

igotfits
06-08-2009, 15:54
has support for this mob been lost??????

h00x
06-09-2009, 04:35
The new revamp/revise works good for us, you might think about upgrading to the new version. If you need help setting it up and making it customized for your tf2 server let me know and I'll be glad to help out.

lyoshi
06-10-2009, 23:51
Hi,

Is is possible to set a random sound for "Join Server" event? I would like to have 5 different songs that will be played when a player connects to a server.

I know this plugin doesn't have that option by default, but does anyone have an idea how it can be done?

Faust_mateo
07-03-2009, 21:11

Any chance of getting the soundpack you are using?

Faust_mateo
07-03-2009, 21:28
Has anyone done and cool TF2 server packs? Any custom content would be appreciated.

HSFighter
07-07-2009, 17:07
hi all,

i try to install french quake sounds.
After i add the sounds, the menu is broken!

I get this error:

L 07/07/2009 - 23:01:38: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 07/07/2009 - 23:01:38: [SM] Native "Format" reported: Language phrase "french" not found
L 07/07/2009 - 23:01:38: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 07/07/2009 - 23:01:38: [SM] [0] Line 428, C:\Users\Evan\source\plugins\quake sounds\addons\sourcemod\scripting\quakesounds .sp::MenuQuake()but i add french to the translation file!

"teamkill"
{
"#format" "{1:s},{2:s}"
"en" "{1} just victimized his team teammate {2}"
"de" "{1} hat gerade seinen Teamkamerad {2} niedergestreckt"
"fr" "{1} a tué son pote {2}"
}
"standard"
{
"en" "Standard Sounds"
"de" "Standard Sounds"
"fr" "Voix Standard"
}
"female"
{
"en" "Female Sounds"
"de" "Weibliche Sounds"
"fr" "Voix de Femme"
}
"french"
{
"en" "French Sounds"
"de" "Franzoesische Sounds"
"fr" "Sons France"
}
"german"
{
"en" "German Sounds"
"de" "Deutsche Sounds"
"fr" "Sons Allemand"
}
"announce message"
{
"en" "Say !quake or /quake to set your quake sounds preferences"
"de" "Tippe !quake oder /quote um deine Quake Sounds einzustellen"
"fr" "Tapez !quake ou /quake Pour enregistrer vos préférences"
}
"quake menu"
{
"en" "Quake Menu"
"de" "Quake Menue"
"fr" "Menu Quake"
}
...any ideas why the plugin can't find the translation?

-

Chandler_90
07-07-2009, 18:32
Is there a solution to the quake sounds/zblock conflict yet?

Faust_mateo
07-17-2009, 07:47
Getting massive errors after yesterdays TF2 update. Rendered server unable to maintain clients and change map successfully.

TF2 & SM 1.2

L 07/17/2009 - 00:05:30: SourceMod error session started
L 07/17/2009 - 00:05:30: Info (map "ctf_2fort") (file "errors_20090717.log")
L 07/17/2009 - 00:05:30: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 07/17/2009 - 00:05:30: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "bat" not found
L 07/17/2009 - 00:05:30: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 07/17/2009 - 00:05:30: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 07/17/2009 - 00:05:30: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 07/17/2009 - 00:11:01: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 07/17/2009 - 00:11:01: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "bat" not found
L 07/17/2009 - 00:11:01: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 07/17/2009 - 00:11:01: [SM] [0] Line 881, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::PrintQuakeText()
L 07/17/2009 - 00:11:01: [SM] [1] Line 667, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/4/6/7/38946.attach::EventPlayerDeath()
L 07/17/2009 - 00:12:06: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 07/17/2009 - 00:12:06: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "backstab" not found
L 07/17/2009 - 00:12:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":

Nodd
08-05-2009, 03:19
disk/repository errors

how do I get the server to upload the sounds to the client without mani??

(css)

jellyfish
08-17-2009, 17:06
I'm getting the following error message with this plugin on my DODS server.

Quake Sounds: Error detected in plugin startup (see error logs)

after a reload

15:57:18 L 08/17/2009 - 20:57:08: [SM] Native "HookEvent" reported: Game event "dod_warmup_ends" does not exist
15:57:18 L 08/17/2009 - 20:57:08: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
15:57:18 L 08/17/2009 - 20:57:08: [SM] [0] Line 234, C:\Users\Evan\source\plugins\quake sounds\addons\sourcemod\scripting\quakesounds .sp::OnPluginStart()

my environment: Linux / gamservers.com

BM v0.0.0.90, MM:S v1.7.1V, SMod v1.2.2-dev sourcemod-1.2.2-hg2738

kayet95
08-20-2009, 10:10
hi,

My problem is about this : when people connecting to server they actually heard the song i have config.
But they doesn't hear any other sound like dominating, firstblood... and when i want to type sm_quakesounds_enable he says "unknown command"

I have sourcemod and metamod and quake sound install like you say.

thank you for your response and sorry my english.

Nail
08-21-2009, 10:58
I need restricts a team for using on zombiemod server (as made in tripmines ( http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=619767 )
That sounds were play for kill, not for infection of the player.
Except "join server". It should play for all.

drunkenfox1
09-02-2009, 15:38
hey this is probly a stupid question but it says "currently supporting counterstrike source half life etc..." but it doesnt say supporting tf2, it does, doesnt it?

Thanks

Dirton
09-05-2009, 11:12
The problem with "language phrase not found" is fixed by restarting the server or simply changing the map.

RAW_DarkWarrior
09-11-2009, 14:01
Just like someone earlier requested. I would also like to request. Permanent saving of quake settings, ex. Male voice/female voice/no quake sound.

I understand this is possible to set as default from server side, however i would like the client to be able to save their preference. Maybe in MYSQL or SQlite database?

Thanks for your time and efforts.
DarkWarrior

psychonic
09-11-2009, 14:27
Just like someone earlier requested. I would also like to request. Permanent saving of quake settings, ex. Male voice/female voice/no quake sound.

I understand this is possible to set as default from server side, however i would like the client to be able to save their preference. Maybe in MYSQL or SQlite database?

Thanks for your time and efforts.
DarkWarrior

This plugin is no longer supported by the author. The "revamped" version here ( http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=817993 ) already has this added.

wacK
09-24-2009, 08:56
Is this for source or 1.6 ?

My m8 says he use this on one 1.6

But this is a source code so..

If someone have it for 1.6 send me link / plugin on a pm

DJ Tsunami
09-24-2009, 11:22
You're right, this is for Source games, check https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8 for HL1 plugins.

Zverina
09-26-2009, 22:02
wtf is a quake... hear about it everywhere never knew wtf it was

psychonic
09-26-2009, 23:09
wtf is a quake... hear about it everywhere never knew wtf it was

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=quake&l=1

BeG
09-27-2009, 12:42
nice plugin! BUT there is a play and prepare sound the prepare is unused can u add the prepare sound? at roundstart should come prepare to fight an after the buytime PLAY!

that would be nice!

Maxis010
09-29-2009, 17:14
nice plugin! BUT there is a play and prepare sound the prepare is unused can u add the prepare sound? at roundstart should come prepare to fight an after the buytime PLAY!

that would be nice!

You might want to post your request on the new topic as this plugin has been taken over by someone else

MoM
11-17-2009, 14:31
Whats about the data file? Is it possible that it can create bit lagg or something?

DJ Tsunami
11-20-2009, 04:26
Yes, that's why you should use http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385 which doesn't lag.

Logi.CZ
12-18-2009, 13:06
good day

I have a problem I installed the CSS GunGame quakesound and 1.8 ...

While any player kills the enemy will hear the double kill ... triple kill, regardless of whether the attacker the same or a different player

- How to set the quake sound to run correctly

and

- How to play music at various events? (knife fight, mega kill ...)

thanks for help and excuse my English (Google translate)

psychonic
12-18-2009, 13:19
good day

I have a problem I installed the CSS GunGame quakesound and 1.8 ...

While any player kills the enemy will hear the double kill ... triple kill, regardless of whether the attacker the same or a different player

- How to set the quake sound to run correctly

and

- How to play music at various events? (knife fight, mega kill ...)

thanks for help and excuse my English (Google translate)

Use the version linked in the post directly above yours.

zantiiz
01-21-2010, 15:10
Languages:

English
German, courtesyt of -<[PAGC]>- Isias, XG1|AleX
French, courtesy of HO!NO!
All others are still needed

Language Spanish :wink:
addons\sourcemod\translations\es

Zuko
01-26-2010, 04:21
These sounds are not from quake, they are from unreal tournament, so plugin should be renamed.

nadrojcote
02-26-2010, 10:56
haha ya thats one thing that has been pointed out a million times, and has never been changed. There must be some story behind it.

wartech
03-16-2010, 10:41
Quake Sounds

Current Version: 1.8

Description:
This plugin plays Quake sounds. It currently has two separate sound sets, a normal set and female set. The sounds which are played and the events which trigger sounds can be configured. It allows users to have individual sound settings and saves these settings across sessions. It also displays localized text messages for each event. You can add or remove sound sets from the additional sound sets. This plugin currently supports Counter Strike:Source, Day of Defeat:Source and Half Life 2: Deathmatch.

Planned Features:

Add more event sounds as requested

CVar's:
sm_quakesounds_version: The version number
sm_quakesounds_enable: Enables the plugin
sm_quakesounds_announce: Enables the plugin announcement
sm_quakesounds_text: The default text setting for new users
sm_quakesounds_sound: The default sound setting for new users
For full descriptions check the cfg/sm_quakesounds.cfg file

Changelog:
1.8: Fixed array out of bounds, autoloaded cfg, added volume control
1.7: Added join server sound and menu exit choice
1.6: Added event sounds framework, changed sm_quakesounds_enable behavior, added german translation from -<[PAGC]>- Isias
1.5: Added support for late loading and more translatable strings
1.4.3: Added support for HL2: Deathmatch
1.4.1: Changed the way disabled sounds were handled
1.4: Added flexible kill settings and the ability to add/remove sound sets
1.3.1: Fixed bugs in sound and text preferences, array out of bounds error
1.3: Added more sound settings and moved them to the config file
1.2: Bug fixes around setting and saving text display preferences
1.1: Allowed the attacker and victim name to be used in the text
1.0: Added localized text messages and more configurability
0.96: Improved DOD:S support, fixed the announce cvar.
0.95: Added support Day of Defeat:Source, better error handling
0.9: Added progressive sounds and switched to emitsound
0.8: Added cvar to control announcements and updated menu
0.7: Added teamkill, cvar control and more
0.6: Made user settings persistant
0.5: Added configuration file for sounds locations
0.4: Initial Release

Languages:

English
German, courtesyt of -<[PAGC]>- Isias, XG1|AleX
French, courtesy of HO!NO!
All others are still needed

Installation:

Copy all the files to your mod directory(cstrike, dods, hl2mp). Thanks for this but i have a fucking problem! It cant play the sounds

Failed to load sound "admin_plugin\actions\joinserver.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "quake\female\headshot.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository

Its the same with bombtimer, anyway thanks for this, i hope for help

Sry my bad english im swedish

SuperShadow
03-16-2010, 11:52
...i have a ******* problem! ...

I can see that.

First off, try using the newer approved version that is still supported: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385

RaTtarded
04-03-2010, 00:00
All right. I have the latest quake sound mod installed on my CSS WCS Server, its a linux server. It is not playing the sounds in the correct order. Here is what happens, when a new round starts, when you get your first kill is says Double kill, one kill is a double kill? wtf, so right off the bat i knew something was wrong. As people when farther, the sound clips play over each other, so if some one gets head shot for their first kill, you hear, head shot, double kill, at the same time and lastly, when the round is over, it resets the sounds, so even if some one didn't die, it starts over with Double kill. Any Ideas what is going on here?

If you would like to check out the server for a better understanding at what is going on. It is here -- 68.232.183.124:27015 -- Any help??

Bacardi
04-03-2010, 02:02
You are here now
AlliedModders Forum Index (http://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php) > SourceMod (http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=52) > Plugins (http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=123) > Unapproved Plugins (http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109) > Quake Sounds
(http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=58548)

I can see that.

First off, try using the newer approved version that is still supported: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385

shustas
04-08-2010, 18:14
I dont know people. I still use this plugin and it works without any probs. The approved rewritten one gives more errors and headache than this one.

NemesisLeon
05-12-2010, 12:43
if you mean those sounds that say "multi kill", "killing spree", and "monster kill" they ARE NOT QUAKE SOUNDS

They are sounds from UNREAL TOURNAMENT.

Just so people know. Why do people call them quake sounds?

Bacardi
05-12-2010, 15:38
Give thanks to --> Mani Admin plugin
If I'm not wrong...

gtamike
05-16-2010, 07:58
Just use "Keeper's Streak Sounds Plugin"
http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=3930

shustas
05-16-2010, 10:53
Give thanks to --> Mani Admin plugin
If I'm not wrong...

AMX had them before even hl2 came out im afraid

Caljerpon
05-23-2010, 17:03
I just wanted to thow out some ideas that I had. In the config file quakesoundslist it is all a jumbled mass of txt. It is quite hard to sort out which is which and to configure each sound seperately. I was wondering if it would be possible to space out each section of code desiganted for each sound with ↵ after each "headshot" or other sounds basically all of the items in parenthesis. Also Adding Numbers together to get differnt outputs for who hears the sound and sees the text is a good idea but since we don't have that many options it might be simpler to just have it like this:
1: Everyone Hears Sound
2: Victim Hears Sound
3: Attacker Hears Sound
4: Attacker and Victim Hears Sound
and:
1: Everyone Sees Text
2: Victim Sees Text
3: Attacker Sees Text
4: Attacker and Victim Sees Text
and then the cfg file would simply look like this 4-4 or 4/4 something like that. With the first number being who hears the sound and the second number being who sees the text. That would be both the attacker and the victim hearing the sound and seeing the text.

Well i just thought i give you some feedback. Hope you like my ideas and possibly implement them. That is if everybody would like this chagne to be made. It might just be me :wink:

SuperShadow
05-23-2010, 19:12
Caljerpon,

Thanks for the feedback, but since the developer of this plug-in hasn't been to the site since January 2008, it would probably be a better use of everybody's time if you used the supported version of this plug-in found here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385

KAAB
06-12-2010, 13:15
Is no quake_sound.cfg?

bobis
06-27-2010, 13:47
Hey guys,with the new update of css,the quakesounds window of selecting your quake style sound doesn't work.When I type !quake in chat,it doesn't show anything,please fix that!!!!

Bacardi
06-27-2010, 18:57
Hey guys,with the new update of css,the quakesounds window of selecting your quake style sound doesn't work.When I type !quake in chat,it doesn't show anything,please fix that!!!!
Answer
Caljerpon,

Thanks for the feedback, but since the developer of this plug-in hasn't been to the site since January 2008, it would probably be a better use of everybody's time if you used the supported version of this plug-in found here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385

quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009) (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385)
I add this on one server and it work great.

sinblaster
06-27-2010, 22:24
Answer

quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009) (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385)
I add this on one server and it work great.

Same here mate

bekammk
06-29-2010, 06:54
can i add on my zps server ?? this sounds ?

GhostFace39
07-15-2010, 02:50
Works fine!

It's just important that "sv_pure" is set to "0".
Else it will block custom contents like skins or sounds.

I had that bug until i saw that sv_pure is set to 2 :nono:
Good work!

sinblaster
07-15-2010, 08:41
Works fine!

Good work!

I don't even have sv_pure in my server.cfg. Is that even used anymore?

Bacardi
07-16-2010, 01:54
Works fine!

Good work!

I don't even have sv_pure in my server.cfg. Is that even used anymore?
You never believed how easy is cheat/using glass walls on sv_pure 0 server... :cry:
Same if players or weapons skins can change, also can change map/level skin (walls, door, ground, crates, box)

With sv_pure 1 and pure_server_whitelist.txt you can limit players to use their own custom materials on server.
Stop using map textures.

sinblaster
07-16-2010, 10:23
You never believed how easy is cheat/using glass walls on sv_pure 0 server... :cry:
Same if players or weapons skins can change, also can change map/level skin (walls, door, ground, crates, box)

With sv_pure 1 and pure_server_whitelist.txt you can limit players to use their own custom materials on server.
Stop using map textures.

Hi again bacardi :) So I should put sv_pure 1 on my server?
I am unsure, I havent got sv_pure 1 or sv_pure 0, I dont have it at all :mrgreen:

maybe I deleted it by accident from my server.cfg?

Bacardi
07-16-2010, 16:00
Hi again bacardi :) So I should put sv_pure 1 on my server?
I am unsure, I havent got sv_pure 1 or sv_pure 0, I dont have it at all :mrgreen:

maybe I deleted it by accident from my server.cfg?
Default is sv_pure 0, need add this cvar with different value on server config file.
- Do this in ...cfg/autoexec.cfg so it start work in first map. Add sv_pure 1

*edit
One post where we have discuss #364 (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1223889&postcount=364)

KILLER_K™
08-05-2010, 12:41
Can someone tell me how to stop the "team killer" sound and message on hl2mp none team death match. As it stands when anyone gets killed it is all i get.

The server is not set to teams. So perhaps a setting or something in the plugin? Or is there another one i need to use, since this one seems not being worked on.

sinblaster
08-05-2010, 19:03
Can someone tell me how to stop the "team killer" sound and message on hl2mp none team death match. As it stands when anyone gets killed it is all i get.

The server is not set to teams. So perhaps a setting or something in the plugin? Or is there another one i need to use, since this one seems not being worked on.

I have no idea if this is relevant to hl2mp. The following information is for Quakesounds Revamped which is what I use. I have CSS. And I am assuming that revamped and the original are similar.

If so go to
cstrike/addons/sourcemodconfig/quakesoundslist.cfg

Find the following and set it to 0 (0 = not enabled)
"teamkill"
{
"config" "0"
}For the text, you can either turn off text announcements or change the lines as instructed.

cstrike/cfg/sourcemod/sm_quakesounds.cfg
find the following and set to 0 (0 = disabled)
This will disable all quakesound related text hints.
// Default text setting for new users
// 0 = Off, 1 = On(Default)
sm_quakesounds_text 1OR

Go to cstrike/addons/sourcemod/trabslations/plugin.quakesounds.txt
Find the following and replace the text you need with something else like - a hyphen or dot
"teamkill"
{
"en" "-"
"de" "-"
"fr" "-"
"pt" "-"
}Doing this will keep the other text hints active.

There are probably other ways to do this but its the only answer I have.

Razor13
08-17-2010, 05:52
(CS:S) How to disable join "Play" sound but leave it at round start?

sinblaster
08-17-2010, 16:56
(CS:S) How to disable join "Play" sound but leave it at round start?

it only plays at round start when else do you hear it?

roof
08-22-2010, 05:23
Servus,

I have an Error with this Plugin?

12 <Failed> "Quake Sounds" (2.7) by dalto, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and psychonic

What to do?

Bloodlvst
08-23-2010, 19:04
Servus,

I have an Error with this Plugin?

12 <Failed> "Quake Sounds" (2.7) by dalto, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and psychonic

What to do?

Update to Quake Sounds Reloaded foudn in the approve4d section

away000
10-25-2010, 08:28
I can translate to portuguese if u like.

Plz put the ROBOT and DARK sets too.

Thanks 4 the plugin!

mabo666
01-26-2011, 17:54
The sounds works fine on my server but as soon as it switches map then the sound dosnt work anymore...
can anybody help me?

SuperShadow
01-26-2011, 18:23
The sounds works fine on my server but as soon as it switches map then the sound dosnt work anymore...
can anybody help me?
Start off by using a version that is in the approved section: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385

egorka2
02-18-2011, 03:00
The console always gives an error: SV_StartSound: not precached (0). Help!

RavenDan29
02-26-2011, 20:20
if you mean those sounds that say "multi kill", "killing spree", and "monster kill" they ARE NOT QUAKE SOUNDS

They are sounds from UNREAL TOURNAMENT.

Just so people know. Why do people call them quake sounds?

Maybe reffering to quake 3, but i cant remember tbh

i wish this would work for l4d2 it be a riot on a 10v10 versus serv ;) some clever bod maybe get it working? (actually its a poor mans 10v10 cause its really only 8v8 with couple of extra bots each side)

noPASARAN
05-24-2011, 05:13
"Phrases"
{
"headshot"
{
"en" "{1} Headshot"
"de" "{1} Kopfschuss"
"fr" "{1} aime les grosses tĂȘtes !!"
"ru" "{1} выстрел в голову"
}
"headshot 3"
{
"en" "{1} Hattrick"
"de" "{1} Hattrick"
"fr" "{1} Tour du chapeau"
"ru" "{1} тройной выстрел в голову"
}
"headshot 5"
{
"en" "{1} Head Hunter"
"de" "{1} Kopfj├ńger"
"fr" "{1} Chasseur de TĂȘte"
"ru" "{1} Охотник за Головами"
}
"grenade"
{
"en" "{1} detonated {2} with a grenade"
"de" "{1} sprengte {2} mit einer Granate"
"fr" "{1} explose {2} avec une grenade"
"ru" "{1} взорвал {2} гранатой"
}
"selfkill"
{
"en" "{2} humiliated himself"
"de" "{2} hat sich selbst erniedrigt"
"fr" "{2} S’humilie lui-mĂȘme"
"ru" "{2} опозорил себя"
}
"round play"
{
"en" "Play"
"de" "Spielt"
"fr" "Prépare toi !!"
"ru" "Начало раунда"
}
"knife"
{
"en" "{2} was embarrassed with the knife by {1}"
"de" "{2} wurde durch einen Messerkill von {1} bloßgestellt"
"fr" "{2} découpé par {1}"
"ru" "{2} познакомился с ножом {1}"
}
"killsound 1"
{
"en" "{1} is Dominating"
"de" "{1} dominiert"
"fr" "{1} maitrise grave !!"
"ru" "{1} Доминирует"
}
"killsound 2"
{
"en" "{1} is on Rampage"
"de" "{1} randaliert"
"fr" "{1} déchire tout !!"
"ru" "{1} в Ярости!!!"
}
"killsound 3"
{
"en" "{1} is on a Killing Spree"
"de" "{1} ist auf einem Amoklauf"
"fr" "{1} est bien le meilleur !!"
"ru" "{1} Пошёл в Разнос"
}
"killsound 4"
{
"en" "{1} just got a Monster Kill"
"de" "{1} hat einen Monster Kill"
"fr" "{1} invente des frags !!"
"ru" "{1} Монстр Убийства"
}
"killsound 5"
{
"en" "{1} is Unstoppable"
"de" "{1} ist nicht aufzuhalten"
"fr" "{1} est intenable !!"
"ru" "{1} Неудержимый"
}
"killsound 6"
{
"en" "{1} Ultrakill"
"de" "{1} Ultrakill"
"fr" "{1} va tous les dégouter !!"
"ru" "{1} Невероятное Убийство"
}
"killsound 7"
{
"en" "{1} is Godlike"
"de" "{1} gleicht einem Gott"
"fr" "{1} ,Dieu est sur terre !!"
"ru" "{1} Подобный Богу"
}
"killsound 8"
{
"en" "{1} is Wicked Sick"
"de" "{1} ist ernsthaft krank im Kopf"
"fr" "{1} est un Foufou !!"
"ru" "{1} Ужасный Псих"
}
"killsound 9"
{
"en" "{1} is Impressive"
"de" "{1} ist beeindruckend"
"fr" "{1} est impressionnant !!"
"ru" "{1} Впечатляющий!!!"
}
"killsound 10"
{
"en" "Ludicrous Kill by {1}"
"de" "Irsinniger Kill von {1}"
"fr" "{1} est mort de rire !!"
"ru" "Невообразимое Убийство у {1}"
}
"killsound 11"
{
"en" "HOLY SHIT, {1} is a bad ass"
"de" "Heilige Scheiße, {1} ist wahnsinnig"
"fr" "Incroyable, {1} ;quelle mauvais garçon"
"ru" "СРАНЬ ГОСПОДНЯ, {1} демоническая задница"
}
"first blood"
{
"en" "First Blood"
"de" "Erstes Blut vergossen"
"fr" "{1} a fait la 1ere victime!"
"ru" "Первая Кровь"
}
"double combo"
{
"#format" "{1:s}"
"en" "{1} just pulled off a Double Kill"
"de" "{1} hat gerade zwei auf einmal niedergestreckt"
"fr" "{1} vien dans tué 2 de suite"
"ru" "{1} осуществил Двойное Убийство"
}
"triple combo"
{
"en" "{1} just pulled off a Triple Kill"
"de" "{1} hat gerade drei auf einem niedergestreckt"
"fr" "{1} vien dans tué 3 de suite"
"ru" "{1} осуществил Тройное Убийство"
}
"quad combo"
{
"en" "{1} just pulled off a Quadruple Combo"
"de" "{1} hat gerade vier auf einmal niedergestreckt"
"fr" "{1} vien de faire un Quadruple Combo"
"ru" "{1} осуществил Четырехкратное Убийство"
}
"monster combo"
{
"en" "{1} is a Combo Whore"
"de" "{1} ist eine Comboschlampe"
"fr" "{1} est une putain du combo"
"ru" "{1} Адская Шлюха!"
}
"teamkill"
{
"en" "{1} just victimized his team teammate {2}"
"de" "{1} hat gerade seinen Teamkamerad {2} niedergestreckt"
"fr" "{1} a tué son pote {2}"
"ru" "{1} принёс в жертву товарища по команде {2}"
}
"standard"
{
"en" "Standard Sounds"
"de" "Standard Sounds"
"fr" "Voix Standard"
"ru" "Стандартные"
}
"female"
{
"en" "Female Sounds"
"de" "Weibliche Sounds"
"fr" "Voix de Femme"
"ru" "Женские"
}
"russian"
{
"en" "Russian sounds"
"de" "Russische Klänge"
"fr" "Russie sons"
"ru" "Русские"
}
"announce message"
{
"en" "Say !quake or /quake to set your quake sounds preferences"
"de" "Tippe !quake oder /quote um deine Quake Sounds einzustellen"
"fr" "Tapez !quake ou /quake Pour enregistrer vos préférences"
"ru" "Напиши !quake или /quake для настройки звуков"
}
"quake menu"
{
"en" "Quake Menu"
"de" "Quake Menue"
"fr" "Menu Quake"
"ru" "Quake меню"
}
"enable text"
{
"en" "Enable Text Display"
"de" "Text Anzeige aktivieren"
"fr" "Utilisez L'Affichage Des Textes"
"ru" "Включить Показ Текста"
}
"disable text"
{
"en" "Disable Text Display"
"de" "Text Anzeige deaktivieren"
"fr" "Enlevez L'Affichage Des Textes"
"ru" "Отключить Показ Текста"
}
"no quake sounds"
{
"en" "No Quake Sounds"
"de" "Keine Quake Sounds"
"fr" "Aucun sons Quake"
"ru" "Нет Quake Звуков"
}
}

jmvhbassist
06-29-2011, 20:45
I have this installed on a hl2dm server. Everything works great except I can't get any headshot sounds. I believe it is recording headshots because my stats are giving a bonus for headshots. The configs seem to be setup properly. Where did I go wrong?

Powerlord
06-30-2011, 09:20
I have this installed on a hl2dm server. Everything works great except I can't get any headshot sounds. I believe it is recording headshots because my stats are giving a bonus for headshots. The configs seem to be setup properly. Where did I go wrong?

This plugin has been replaced by Quake Sounds [Revamped]. I suggest you try that one and see if it works.

jmvhbassist
07-01-2011, 11:21
This plugin has been replaced by Quake Sounds [Revamped]. I suggest you try that one and see if it works.

I installed the newer version and it works the same with no headshot sound. I posted my question on that page as well.

Ryan_Hemsley18
09-03-2011, 06:33
Hi,

My name is Ryan, I hope someone can please help me

I have downloaded Quake sounds for my TF2 server..

When I restart my server the quake sounds work fine but when I change map they stop working only the writing comes up no sound at all.

Paparazziv2
09-03-2011, 07:50
Hi,

My name is Ryan, I hope someone can please help me

I have downloaded Quake sounds for my TF2 server..

When I restart my server the quake sounds work fine but when I change map they stop working only the writing comes up no sound at all.

This is the new version, this version of the Quake Sounds are *unapproved*

Januario
10-07-2011, 14:30
Hey guys i would like to know how to edit the killsound up more then 11 cuz i have in my quakesound.cfg like ... 16 and the server just give the sound to 11...

Can someone tell me plz :(

Rubadubnub
10-26-2011, 17:13
I have no problem with the plugin but I am trying to make it so I can add my OWN sounds in place of the stock sounds that happen per each trigger. So instead of having the stock HEADSHOT sound I would like a new fun sound. Now here is my issue. I have sounds and know how to edit the quakesoundslist.cfg BUT I dont know how to force the clients to download the new sounds when they join my server. Can anyone explain how I force the client to redownload the sounds? Thank you!

cossinclair
03-08-2012, 00:29
Hey so i new to this but i did everything exactly but for somereason when i join my server it will say type !quake or /quake to manage your sounds or whatever but when i type them nothing comes up.

cossinclair
03-08-2012, 17:15
quake sounds work but in game it will say type /quake or !quake sounds and nothing comes up. why is that?

Bacardi
03-08-2012, 17:54
Maybe you ALL need read few post backwards...
*edit
even text

myTh
04-24-2012, 23:03
I downloaded .zip and .smx file. Then putted them in required localization. Everything worked fine , downloaded quake sounds from my server, afer join to the team I saw "Type !quake...." and then I tried to test these sounds.
Just suicided and thought that I will hear any quake sound but I didnt. What I am doing wrong? There is no quake sound for suicide or there is other way to test these INSANE sounds :)
Ty for quick response.

myTh
05-05-2012, 14:24
I need polish translation of these sounds.Can any1 help me out?

myTh
05-08-2012, 02:44
@refresh@
Anybody plz!

SuperShadow
05-08-2012, 07:42
@refresh@
Anybody plz!

Why don' t you use the version that's in the approved section instead of looking for help on using one that has been dead for years? http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385 (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91385)

myTh
05-13-2012, 11:32
Is there polish translation?

joexxxx
05-14-2012, 02:43
Is there polish translation?

I don't believe so. I did a quick look through the translation file and I saw german, english, french. But you could make your own if you want 0.o. Just plug them into your translations file.

myTh
05-14-2012, 10:48
I mean polish quake sounds! :D

myTh
06-18-2012, 08:03
Last time when I was playing on PJS (Prawie jak Serwer) and heard many of polish quake sounds, not only captions, but sounds too and there is my question.

myTh
06-28-2012, 07:49
I found a bug in quake sounds! When you teamkilling it counts like you will be killing enemies. I mean when you tk 3 time and after that you kill one enemy dominating sound is playing. Strange, huh?

Powerlord
06-28-2012, 10:13
I found a bug in quake sounds! When you teamkilling it counts like you will be killing enemies. I mean when you tk 3 time and after that you kill one enemy dominating sound is playing. Strange, huh?

This plugin was taken over by a different author years ago and the newer version has its own thread.

sixtynine
09-18-2012, 01:39
Using on my CS:GO server.
I'm getting this error

[Sound] S_StartSound(): Failed to load sound 'admin_plugin\actions\joinserver.mp3'. Can't create mixer.

myTh
09-26-2012, 10:11
I dont know why i am downloading sounds which I have after map change, it happens everytime when i change the map

Avf13
03-01-2013, 06:58
Can you make a update so it work's in the new css version?

Powerlord
03-01-2013, 09:15
Can you make a update so it work's in the new css version?
This plugin was taken over by a different author years ago and the newer version has its own thread.

Syrup
07-18-2013, 19:11
Hey Guys, Does this works for TF2 Server?

DD32KA
08-21-2013, 10:15
Anyone got a idea why i get so many errorlogs ?
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:35: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:35: [SM] [0] Line 344, C:\Users\Evan\source\plugins\quake sounds\addons\sourcemod\scripting\quakesounds .sp::EventPlayerDeath()
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:36: [SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:36: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:36: [SM] [0] Line 344, C:\Users\Evan\source\plugins\quake sounds\addons\sourcemod\scripting\quakesounds .sp::EventPlayerDeath()
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:36: [SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:36: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:36: [SM] [0] Line 344, C:\Users\Evan\source\plugins\quake sounds\addons\sourcemod\scripting\quakesounds .sp::EventPlayerDeath()
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:38: [SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:38: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:38: [SM] [0] Line 344, C:\Users\Evan\source\plugins\quake sounds\addons\sourcemod\scripting\quakesounds .sp::EventPlayerDeath()
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:39: [SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:39: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:39: [SM] [0] Line 344, C:\Users\Evan\source\plugins\quake sounds\addons\sourcemod\scripting\quakesounds .sp::EventPlayerDeath()
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:40: [SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds
L 08/21/2013 - 00:48:40: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds.smx":
This server runs on a linux machine and i'm not "C:\Users\Evan\[...]"

I hope that anyone got a idrea to fix it.

LG

TnTSCS
08-21-2013, 10:27
This plugin was taken over by Grrrrrr - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=817993

Try that one instead.

Powerlord
08-21-2013, 15:39
This plugin was taken over by Grrrrrr - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=817993

Try that one instead.

This is true, but Grrrrr has also vanished... I thought someone else was going to fork it soon, but it hasn't happened yet.

NiTrOwow
08-22-2013, 15:11
Join server sound at least works. So thanks for that.

Powerlord
08-22-2013, 15:34
Quake Sounds v3 was just posted a little while ago.

devii
04-21-2014, 06:47
All work, but i didnt hear sounds, please help me :(

DJAYJOBS
06-14-2017, 10:11
I am not able to get Sounds MULTI KILL, ULTRA KILL, TRIPLE KILL ... Please help me out. Thankx In advance

DJAYJOBS
06-14-2017, 10:17
This is my config file, I am not getting sounds like multi kill or double kill or triple kill. What to do ?? please help and thankx in advance.

"QuakeSoundsList"
{
"sound sets"
{
"sound set 1" "standard"
"sound set 2" "female"
"sound set 3" ""
"sound set 4" ""
"sound set 5" ""
}
"headshot"
{
"standard" "quake/headshot.mp3"
"config" "17"
}
"headshot 3"
{
"standard" "quake/hattrick.wav"
"config" "17"
}
"headshot 5"
{
"standard" "quake/headhunter.wav"
"config" "17"
}
"grenade"
{
"standard" "quake/perfect.mp3"
"female" "quake/perfect.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"selfkill"
{
"female" "quake/humiliation.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"round play"
{
"standard" "quake/play.wav"
"female" "quake/female/prepare.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"knife"
{
"config" "9"
}
"killsound 1"
{
"standard" "quake/dominating.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/dominating.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "3"
}
"killsound 2"
{
"standard" "quake/rampage.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/rampage.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "5"
}
"killsound 3"
{
"standard" "quake/killingspree.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/killingspree.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "8"
}
"killsound 4"
{
"standard" "quake/monsterkill.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/monsterkill.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "10"
}
"killsound 5"
{
"standard" "quake/unstoppable.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/unstoppable.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "13"
}
"killsound 6"
{
"standard" "quake/ultrakill.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/ultrakill.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "14"
}
"killsound 7"
{
"standard" "quake/godlike.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/godlike.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "12"
}
"killsound 8"
{
"standard" "quake/wickedsick.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "10"
}
"killsound 9"
{
"standard" "quake/impressive.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "15"
}
"killsound 10"
{
"standard" "quake/ludicrouskill.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "22"
}
"killsound 11"
{
"standard" "quake/holyshit.mp3"
"config" "9"
"kills" "18"
}
"first blood"
{
"standard" "quake/firstblood.mp3"
"female" "quake/female/firstblood.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"double combo"
{
"standard" "quake/doublekill.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"triple combo"
{
"standard" "quake/triplekill.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"quad combo"
{
"standard" "quake/multikill.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"monster combo"
{
"standard" "quake/combowhore.mp3"
"config" "9"
}
"teamkill"
{
"config" "9"
}
"event sounds"
{
"join server"
{
"sound" "admin_plugin/actions/joinserver.mp3"
"config" "1"
}
}
}

danielskahn
01-04-2018, 19:51
Hi. I've been playing all HL mods for a long time and recently got back into TFC.

I am renting a server on NFOservers and I have uploaded all the quake sound files, put everything in the correct folders from what I've read, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I do have Admin Mod and Amxmodx installed... also shows metamod installed.

Could someone help me get it up and running on my server or direct me in the right direction?

Thank you!!

Glamorous
01-24-2019, 00:50
Hi guys! How do I get this result?

}
"teamkill 1"
{
"standard" "quake/teamkiller1.mp3"
"female" "quake/teamkiller1.mp3"
"config" "1"
"kills" "1"
}
}
"teamkill 2"
{
"standard" "quake/teamkiller2.mp3"
"female" "quake/teamkiller2.mp3"
"config" "1"
"kills" "2"
}
}
"teamkill 3"
{
"standard" "quake/teamkiller3.mp3"
"female" "quake/teamkiller3.mp3"
"config" "1"
"kills" "3"
}
}
"teamkill 4"
{
"standard" "quake/teamkiller4.mp3"
"female" "quake/teamkiller4.mp3"
"config" "1"
"kills" "4"
}

Weasel
04-25-2023, 18:13
Is it possible to put comments in the configuration files? like prefixed with // or something, or will that break the plugins ability to parse the configuration?

Old_Chap
02-13-2024, 16:04
Nice job. :up:

Hello Where can I deactivate the teamkill mode in the cgf?? At the moment you can hear every hit of teamkiller but not the other sounds? Greetings Old_Chap