PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Adding a txt file, says in my servers name that the gg is on\off

Guyowange
06-12-2007, 13:50
first of all, Yamikaitou and XxAvalanchexX are the best, thanks for helpin me guys

about my question:
my friend has a server, and when we can see something like "[GunGame: ON] server name" in this server name
i saw in his ftp two files like "gungame on, gungame off"
and i saw they had this names "[GunGame ON] servername" , "[GunGame: OFF] server name"

how can i enable it?

YamiKaitou
06-12-2007, 13:56
I believe he executes those files to turn off gungame and change the hostname. Just create 2 files in your cstrike (or czero) folder and put this in each file

If GunGame is On:
hostname "[GunGame: ON] Server Name"
amx_gungame 1

If GunGame is Off:
hostname "[GunGame: OFF] Server Name"
amx_gungame 0

Then, to run them, just use rcon and "exec <filename>"

Guyowange
06-12-2007, 14:23
Its not working dude =\
i maked it .cfg files, added this codes you gave me with my hostname, i shut it down, and its not working.

YamiKaitou
06-12-2007, 14:28
Can't you ask your friend how they did it?

Guyowange
06-12-2007, 14:34
i cant really get him

XxAvalanchexX
06-12-2007, 14:42
Make sure the config files are in your mod directory (cstrike or czero). The hostname changes won't be visible to you until you reconnect, I believe.

Guyowange
06-12-2007, 14:44
yes, its in the cstrike directory.
i crashed the server, its not working, anyway ive got another question in a new thread, check it out you wise guy

gride420
03-01-2008, 22:13
Hey did you ever get this to work? I have tried it myself and cannot get it to go back to regular server hostname after gungame is turned off.

I put the hostname line into the gungame.cfg and that changes the name of the server when its turned on but will not turn off.

I made a file named gungameoff.cfg and placed one inside the main direcotry and also one inside of the amxmodx/config folder. Still not luck.

Now if i do exec gungameoff.cfg in recon it does change name but is there not a way to make it do it when you type amx_gungame 0 automatically.

thanks

XxAvalanchexX
03-02-2008, 00:54
In the latest version, you should just be able to put your hostnames into gg_map_setup and gg_endmap_setup (enabled for the first one, disabled for the second one). Try that and let me know how it goes.

gride420
03-02-2008, 18:49
Hey man really appreciate the reply. I was thinking i might have to just upgrade the version, but we got everything running perfect on it except that.

I'll give it a try soon enough and i got this bookmarked and ill let you know.

Is the version your talking about the 2.0 or the version 4? I have seen both, but was thinking the 4 might just be a different gungame all together that someone had wrote. Reason i say that is cause i haven't seen any version 3.XXX but i could have just not ran into it yet.

thanks again for the reply.

XxAvalanchexX
03-02-2008, 23:19
The newest version is the 2.0 that you're referring to. However, gg_endmap_setup should 1.17b if that's what you're using. I can't remember in which version I slightly changed when it executes, so it's still worth a shot if you haven't tried it yet.