PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Rewards Advanced

theY4Kman
06-10-2007, 04:18
After installing FlyingMongoose's Weapon Rewards, I thought it would be great to be able to have different values for kills at different distances. So, I did just that, and I'm giving it to you :up:

I have attached here the zip, rar, cfg, smx, and sp. The smx files were compiled with revision 937, so use the sp file to build it with your version. Also, like the original, use sm_weaponrewards to turn the plugin on or off. It defaults to 1.

Instructions on editing the settings are in the weapon_rewards.cfg file in addons/sourcemod/configs. If you have any questions about the config, or with anything else, please post. I'd love to hear suggestions!

To install:
With the zip or rar
Extract to your cstrike folder
With individual files
Click on the "Get Plugin" button below and download the .smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins/
Click on "weapon_rewards.cfg" below and download the file to addons/sourcemod/configs Of course, thanks to FlyingMoose for writing the original plugin. Think of this script as a mod to his...

sslice
06-10-2007, 13:02
So.. what does this do? :o

PureSpider
06-10-2007, 16:06
...different values for kills at different distances.
Um... I think the plugin does what is said here :D

FlyingMongoose
06-10-2007, 18:59
It does the same thing as my weaponrewards plugin sslice and also adds in distance calculations to allow for more awards based on distance from the "target".

This is the kind of stuff I wanted to update WeaponRewards (mine) with, but I just had other plugins take the "fore-front", so I told him he could take it over ;).

If you do wish to upgrade WeaponRewards I highly suggest this.

sslice
06-11-2007, 02:05
Ah, ok.. didn't really understand the distance thing.

Shaman
06-11-2007, 06:13
Ah, ok.. didn't really understand the distance thing.
Killer---------->Victim (Distance: 10m)
You killed from 10m. It is easy to target from 10m you get a normal bounty.

Killer---------------------------------------->Victim (Distance: 40m)
You killed from 40m. It is hard to target from 40m so you get a better bounty.

Olly
06-12-2007, 13:23
So this plugin favours Snipers :o

IMO it should be worth more the closer you are, because you are easier to hit when you are close.

Unless you remove Snipers from the equasion because they will always be the furthest away

theY4Kman
06-12-2007, 22:28
With an AWP or Autosniper, it is easier to kill someone than with a scout. Is that not true? Not bashing on them, but it is easier. That being said, you get less money for a kill with an AWP or Autosniper in the first place, so it doesn't matter how far away you are.

FlyingMongoose
06-12-2007, 23:23
it depends really, but IMO scout is signifiantly easier, no recoil reduction on motion when scoped and moving w/ a scout. It takes less actual "skill" imo to handle a scout than awp, or even autosniper.

theY4Kman
06-13-2007, 00:12
I guess it's all an opinion...With the scout, though, you have the possibility of needing two shots to kill someone. It's almost impossible to need two hits with an AWP. With Autosnipers, it doesn't really matter...They're semi-automatic.

FlyingMongoose
06-13-2007, 00:39
That's an "if you can hit them" w/ the awp. And if you can get the shots off fast enough w/ autosnipe.

I know at least 3 people in the past who said the awp took no skill but never actually learned how to use it, I sat down and trained with them on how to use the awp in a proper manner, now they swear by it's necessary skill.

theY4Kman
06-13-2007, 01:32
I don't mean to say it takes less skill, I think I want to say it takes less determination. You're more likely to get a kill with an AWP than with a scout.

FlyingMongoose
06-13-2007, 10:15
Still, I believe all snipers should not have the distance modifier on them, at all.
Scout, Awp, or auto.

theY4Kman
06-13-2007, 23:13
You can disable ranges in the config file. I made it because I knew you didn't want them :P
"disableranges" "1"

Stinkyfax
05-14-2008, 05:09
1v1 there is no difference what distance between victim and attacker if they have same weapons. why they should get different bounties then?
Btw nice plugin i'll use it after few modifies.

criminalist
10-08-2010, 11:30
Don't Work OB Source =(

kruqF
11-21-2022, 15:14
Is it working in global servers? I have a server and I want this plugin for my server. It's gonna be work right?