PDA

View Full Version : Gungame win songs..get some here.

MrXtramean
05-10-2007, 17:05
I wanted a variety of win songs at the end of our maps. I mostly run one song, but slowly I'm adding a new win! song for a few of the maps.
Just in case you'd like something different, you can find some here:
http://www.ndnrocks.com Look in the Wad download link for sounds folder. ( This post was edited for some of you were scared that you might be in trouble for the material listed by someone's else's doing and on someone's elses computer/server..but hey, at least now it's not a direct link. No big. I have so many sound files that I've downloaded over the years from various sites. It's a little silly. This just makes it a little harder to get them, but like I keep saying, they won't be there forever, so get them while you can. )

All are about 15 +/- seconds long.

You can have more than one song for different maps. You'll need a RES file for the map and add where the sound file will be and you'll need a maps/cfg file for the each map. This is only to play different songs. If you just want to play one song for all your GG maps, then just change the gungame.cfg line gg_sound_winner "sound/gungame/gungamewin1.mp3" to where your song is.

What I've done so far, is for regulars and admins, if they have a song clip made or one that I can do for them, I'd make it as long as it sounded good for the part. Then I asked them what their favorite map is on rotation and add their song to it. It's fun and gives your server a unique feeling.

P4rD0nM3
05-11-2007, 20:36
Oooh, you're the ndn server care-taker?

Fanthom
05-12-2007, 05:15
Tell me how to install the .mp3 sounds to my ftp? or do you just expect us to make a dl link to your index?

P4rD0nM3
05-12-2007, 11:30
Uhm, just upload it using your favorite ftp browser.

MrXtramean
05-13-2007, 13:33
Well, those listed won't always be there. So, grab them while you can.

Just put the win songs your GG folder or make sub folder with it called winsongs or whatever.

Down load the .mp3 and then upload them to your server via ftp into sound/gungame folder (or see above).

If you want different win songs or intro music. You have to create a .cfg and edit the RES file.

So, until and if Avalanche makes this happen, you'll have to make a map cfg and RES file for each different map you want to play a different winsong or intro.

Again:
Make a folder called "maps" in addons/configs/
Take any .cfg file, copy it, rename it to a map you want to work with, open it with notepad, and delete it's content (easy-cheesy way).
Add a line in the .cfg like this:gg_sound_winner "sound/gungame/gungamewin1.mp3"
Note: This is of course if you've uploaded the "gungamewin1.mp3" to your server sound/gungame folder. Also, it wouldn't hurt to upload this into you sv_downloadurl web space/site as well.
Then create a RES file. If you look at our sites Parent Directory then maps folder, I have RES files for most maps.
Open the RES file for the map you are working with, open it with notepad and add this line: sound/gungame/gungamewin1.mp3
Upload your edited RES to your servers cstrike/maps folder where your .bsp maps are.

The next you play that map, it should play the new win song.

If you want a different intro instead of the gungame2.wav. Do the same thing above but put in your .cfg file :gg_sound_welcome "sound/gungame/wildthing1.mp3"
And in the RES file: gg_sound_welcome "sound/gungame/wildthing1.mp3"

I have about 60 maps in our GG rotation and more to add and since the new update of 1.17b, I'll be repeating some of the better GG maps ppl like. I only have a few maps that play something different. It's a nice change once in a while, but too much doneloading, ESP IF YOU DON'T HAVE SV_DOWNLOADURL FOR FAST DOWNLOADING, then you kill you server. So be warned.

We have 4 servers, west coast. Our Dust [NdN] Only server is ranked very well and our GG server is heading in the same direction. Try our GG server: Gun [NdN] Game 69.50.187.2:27015

Like I said, not all those songs will be there or stay. So grab them while you can. Once I get the perfect set, I'll probably delete the rest. Why settle for just ok and why waste web space. ;)

MrXtramean
05-13-2007, 13:48
To P4rD0nM3
I notice your servers ip's...NFO's ?? We have one from them. We're trying to get that server back in line. It'll be in good shape in about 4 months. Our GG server which came online less than a month ago should drop to be in top 50 by mid June/July. My guess from stats.

I picked all the maps for that server with care and played many different GG servers finding the best settings that ppl like. Or maybe I liked the most, but the best settings not to drag the server down.
Our main dude has been running the NdN's servers for 9 years now!! I do most of the plugin tweaking and he's the main boss admin. I'd show you my maps list, but it's the secret ingredient to our awesome GG server. lol . Only the best maps, atm about 60 in rotation and more added about every week or 2. You'll just have to play it to see. ;p

Guenhwyvar
05-13-2007, 15:09
Don't get trouble with the RIAA ;).

MrXtramean
05-14-2007, 07:35
All are only about 15 sec long. Many are spliced. They're samples.

nhdriver4
05-16-2007, 07:38
Thanks MrXtramean. Can i get you to zip all those up and share the zip as welll?

MrXtramean
05-16-2007, 17:51
Done. But I'm making more all the time and it's a big file. So I won't be adding to it and uploading each time as I'm making these little samples every other day. Just check Last Modified date and then grab anything new after the big Zip.

Your almost better off just listening to them and taking the ones you like.

Curryking
05-16-2007, 23:00
Anyhow it's a very kind gesture of you, thanks for that, but this could end in some serious trouble, it does not matter if it's a hole song or just a small cut, it's against the law. Sorry, but this thread should be closed. (and you should remove the link :cry: )

Curry

MrXtramean
05-17-2007, 19:01
Ok. So a few of you won't be spooked, I've removed the direct link but you can still them on our web page at www.ndnrocks.com Wad download link...look in sounds folder.

P4rD0nM3
05-20-2007, 16:07
Haha, yeah most of our servers are hosted by NuclearFallout. Our main server isn't hosted by NuclearFallout, it's also the best server we have with regards to server specs (1000FPS). We may pull out of NuclearFallout and just host our own servers in a data center.

I used to play in NdN before. You guys should convert those two other servers to 32 too! I bet they'd appreciate it.

madmofo
05-26-2007, 10:02
Okay, first off, thanks for making your files avaliable MrXtramean. Ive got everything working right, except, the sounds will not play in the server. My .res files are working, map.cfg are working, the sv_downloadurl is working............but no sound in the server? What else could it be?? check PM MrXtramean, please. Any help appreciated, thanks :)

BTW, MrXtramean, your GG server at 69.50.187.2:27015 rocks!!!!

MrXtramean
05-27-2007, 03:13
I'm deleting the big zip. Need the space and moved all files to the gungame folder. No point in listing them twice. www.ndnrocks.com click link to wad downloads, find sound/gungame folders. :)

Your RES file needs include:
RES for aim_ak-colt:
// .res entries (3):
cs_assault.wad
halflife.wad
decals.wad
sound/gungame/startingline1.mp3

And the .cfg for aim_ak-colt this line in it:
gg_sound_welcome "sound/gungame/startingline1.mp3"

Your map cfgs go here:
addons/amxmodx/configs/maps/aim_ak-colt.cfg

Your sound files go here: