PDA

View Full Version : cant respawn..have to reconnect

tron420
05-02-2007, 10:39
alot of times players cant respawn and have to reconnect. is there something someone can do to fix this? or can someone make it so u can type /respawn to respawn without having to reconnect?

XxAvalanchexX
05-02-2007, 13:42
Again, are you using the CSRespawn module?

Guenhwyvar
05-02-2007, 14:34
Another question: do you mean the respawn after dying or the first spawn after connect?

tron420
05-02-2007, 14:55
im using the deathmatch that came w/ gungame..

djmd378
05-02-2007, 15:00
This happens to me once in a while. Only happened three times in the last month.

It's like this, I die in the middle of the round, wait for the timer to go down so I can respawn but once it reaches zero, I am still dead while everyone else in the server is respawning. Oh and yes I am using respawn module.

MrXtramean
05-02-2007, 15:01
I've encountered this a couple times. Once for this one player, it kept happenning to just him and once for myself. I have the amx_super plugin installed on server so I just use: amx_revive <nick> and it works.

Not sure how often this is happenning but something like this written into GG that says if player "stuck, not respawning, etc" after "X" secs or player has to type /revive or something, might help. Here's the revive code from amx_super:
--------------------------------
//Admin Revive by SniperBeamer
//============================================= ============================================= ================
public admin_revive(id,level,cid)
{
if (!cmd_access(id,level,cid,2))
return PLUGIN_HANDLED

new arg[32]
read_argv(1,arg,31)

if (arg[0]=='@')
{
new plist[32],pnum
get_players(plist,pnum,"e",arg[1])
if (pnum==0)
{
console_print(id,"[AMXX] No clients in such team")
return PLUGIN_HANDLED
}
for (new i=0; i<pnum; i++)
{
if (!(get_user_flags(plist[i])&ADMIN_IMMUNITY))
{
new ids[3]
num_to_str(plist[i],ids,2)
spawn(plist[i])
set_task(0.1,"revivePl",0,ids,2)
}
}
console_print(id,"[AMXX] Revived the %ss",arg[1])
if (get_cvar_num("amx_revivemsg"))
{
if (equali(arg[1],"CT")) set_hudmessage(0,20,220,-1.0,0.30,0,6.0,6.0,0.5,0.15,1)
else set_hudmessage(220,20,0,-1.0,0.30,0,6.0,6.0,0.5,0.15,1)
show_hudmessage(0,"The %ss have been revived!",arg[1])
}
}
else
{
new pName[32],player = cmd_target(id,arg,3)
if (!player) return PLUGIN_HANDLED
new ids[3]
num_to_str(player,ids,2)
spawn(player)
set_task(0.1,"revivePl",0,ids,2)
get_user_name(player,pName,31)
console_print(id,"[AMXX] Revived %s",pName)
if (get_cvar_num("amx_revivemsg"))
{
set_hudmessage(0,200,0,-1.0,0.30,0,6.0,6.0,0.5,0.15,1)
show_hudmessage(0,"%s has been revived!",pName)
}
}

return PLUGIN_HANDLED
}

tron420
05-02-2007, 15:19
yea that would help if someone could add that to gungame//

it happens when 2 ppl are in 1 spawn for some reason.. like if someone walks over a spawn right when u spawn there u become a spectator and cant join again till the round restarts or till u reconnect. and in gungame the rounds hardly evewr ends so u gotta reconnect..

can someone make me a seperate plugin ( if u cant add this to gungame ) that lets players type /respawn and respawn if they are stuck in spec?

MrXtramean
05-03-2007, 16:38
or type kill in console, but then you lose a level.

tron420
05-03-2007, 18:14
you dont respawn if u type kill

MrXtramean
05-04-2007, 20:01
You should loss a level if suicide penalty on.

tron420
05-07-2007, 16:49
omg
for the last time...YOU CANNOT RESPAWN IF YOU TYPE KILL IN CONSOLE !!
i dont think you understand what i mean by "not able to respawn"..
It happens when ( at least i think it does ) more than 1 person are in a spawn at 1 time. you go directly to spectator mode and cannot respawn untill the round ends or you reconnect to the server...
tryping kill in console doesnt do anything to help you respawn when this happens.. TRUST ME.. IVE TRIED AND I KNOW IT DOES NOT WORK..

MrXtramean
05-13-2007, 14:15
I hear ya.. and know what you mean. It kinda happenned to me last night. I was playing and then hit my stupid "windows" button. It took me to my desktop and when I clicked my tab to get back in the game, I wasn't playing. But I wasn't in spec either. It showed me playing and alive, but I wasn't. I tried typeing "kill" in console and it didn't work. I had to wait till round end before it respawned me.
My little problem is a little different than yours.

If this problem is happenning to you a lot could it be a map(s) with bad spawns or maps with less slots than your server has? Sounds like a csdm problem.

Sorry I couldn't help you.

CrazyEh
05-23-2007, 13:33
Anyone else still getting this? I get this, not often, but it's annoying when it does happen. I have the latest GunGame and AmxModX :(

Has this been fixed?

MrXtramean
05-24-2007, 11:17
We've noticed this on 2 maps we have running for sure. I think they just have enough slots, maybe not, but I'm going to add spawns t make sure people aren't double spawning in the same spot. Which is what I think is happenning.

Try using Map_Spawns_Editor plugin. It works great and is so easy to use.

TooL
05-25-2007, 10:34
yea that would help if someone could add that to gungame//

it happens when 2 ppl are in 1 spawn for some reason.. like if someone walks over a spawn right when u spawn there u become a spectator and cant join again till the round restarts or till u reconnect. and in gungame the rounds hardly evewr ends so u gotta reconnect..

can someone make me a seperate plugin ( if u cant add this to gungame ) that lets players type /respawn and respawn if they are stuck in spec?

IMO this is exactly what is happening.... and it happens most on the smaller maps where the spawn points are a bit cramped. I just type in /retry in the console and reconnect - with current level intact. I wish it could be fixed :P