PDA

View Full Version : Web Stats #2

Styles
04-23-2007, 19:40
I am also starting web stats. I am EXTREMELY bored. This forum is kinda dead right now nothing going on. I have time ... Anyway, If you want to help me out please PM me your SQL file. I need data in there so I can produce a demo without havnig a game server up. DOn't feel like setting it up and geting people in there to play.

Thanks.

Vordrix
04-24-2007, 09:35
What does the SQL file need to contain? Because I can just make a random one.

Styles
04-24-2007, 17:10
Well using exactly the same tables. Just fill in the info with like 20 rows for each. I want the first release to be only for like listing data and then you can list it by like, every possible type. Then next release they get an admin area. For a few options like turn on and off like different ways to view and to be able to view things. Also the site will be controled by one CSS file so it can be very easy to tweak it. I would like the admin files to be zend encoded but I don't know if the community is up for that since it wont be open soure. The reason would be to make it harder for vulnerabilities to be found.
Thank You!

nhdriver4
04-25-2007, 11:37
I'd like to see us collaborate with code and ideas instead of making two separate scripts! Waddaya think?

Styles
04-25-2007, 17:39
im fine w/ that.. Somebody gave me bad karma... I hate you ... I really do, I am starting to do alot for people. I could be making cash writing these types of things. Yet I offer to do them free. Don't give me bad karma for offering another things FREE!...

Also we would be making it have a "template" system so you can add your own look :). We need like a filter / search. Also if avalanche does it so the db holds the last players info in the db we can make it searchable by player name.

Later an admin area :D so you can disable some options. Backend is very fun to make!

XxAvalanchexX
04-25-2007, 23:42
Also if avalanche does it so the db holds the last players info in the db
What do you mean?

Anyway, I'm thinking of adding some kind of gg_stats_extras cvar or something, which if enabled would hold extra information about players in the stats file. The downside to turning it on would be that it takes more space and might make stats functions take longer, but it would allow that extra information to be uploaded into the database for your website.

If I do something such as that, what extra information would you guys like to see available?

Styles
04-26-2007, 00:00
well yeah kinda I was more thinking of like player IP, Name and past names, ect.. and like kills per game / deaths .. like uber stats like that haha.. A lot of work though.

Vordrix
04-26-2007, 11:07
The only thing I need is:

Player Name | Steam ID | Wins |

But here is the catch, I don't know how to install PHP or SQL files so I need someone to make a tutorial.

Styles
04-26-2007, 16:59
Of course a tutorial will be provided.

ferret_uk
04-27-2007, 04:48
What do you mean?
If I do something such as that, what extra information would you guys like to see available?

that would be really great to have things like

total time connected
total number of times connected

Guenhwyvar
04-27-2007, 11:01
To calculate a rounded value in percent, how far a player made it on average, the level the player had on mapend.
Number of suicides (kill in console)
Number of suicides (jumped down too deep :D)
Number of knife kills (excluding the final level)
Number of knife deaths
These stats would be great!

Vordrix
04-27-2007, 14:11
Well, thats gona take alot of work, lets see what they think.

Styles
04-27-2007, 17:00
Well we can do this but it has to be stored in the database. This would be an avalanche question. He would have to make the plugin count tihs.

Guenhwyvar
04-28-2007, 04:08
Sure, I was answering to Avalanches question:

I already made a php script some months ago, but only analyzing the gungame.stats file.

Styles
04-28-2007, 04:26
Thats nice :) lol I was going to do somthing i don't know yet though lol. I'm making my school sit eright now. Its going to be bomb ass. Like Content System, Admin Panel, Bulletin Board, you name it this sitse gona have it.