PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Disable GunGame on some maps

nodice
02-24-2007, 23:23
is their a way to set it up so some map load as gungame, and other maps (scoutzknivez) loads with gunGame off?

XxAvalanchexX
02-24-2007, 23:27
Try setting gg_enabled to 1 in your gungame.cfg, and in addons/amxmodx/configs/maps/scoutzknivez.cfg put "amx_gungame 0"

nodice
02-25-2007, 00:00
i added it and the weapons are scouts and knives as defult, but we set our GG server to be random spwnpoints, and we do not wont this on.
whats the fix?

XxAvalanchexX
02-25-2007, 00:04
Did you do what I said?

You're saying GunGame is off but people are still randomly respawning? I don't get it.

nodice
02-25-2007, 00:13
yes,gg_enabled1 in gungame.cfg, and amxmodx/configs/maps/scoutzknivez.cfg amx_gungame 0

When i join the server, the voice of "you are playing in a gungame server" come on. however only get a knife and a scout since its on (scoutzknivez) and can never level up..

so part of it is on.. trying to turn it all off for this map???

XxAvalanchexX
02-25-2007, 02:05
Okay, put this in scoutzknivez.cfg:

amx_gungame 0
gg_enabled 0

Make sure that it's in that order. Apparently map-specific configs are are executed 6.1 seconds after server load, so early joiners might still get the warmup message on first spawn, but GunGame should turn itself off of after that. I don't know of a better method.

EDIT: split into new thread

Arkshine
02-25-2007, 03:19
It's a better method to use per-map plugin configuration file, I think.

plugins-scoutzknivez.ini

gungame.amxx disabled

creeperdank
02-25-2007, 09:52
So put a scoutzknivez.ini in my amxmodx/config file with gungame.amxx disabled

Arkshine
02-25-2007, 09:57
plugins-scoutzknivez.ini in configs/maps/ folder

http://wiki.amxmodx.org/index.php/AMX_Mod_X_1.76_Changes#New_Plugin_File_Featur es

creeperdank
02-25-2007, 11:11
Ok wait so like this.
amxmodx/configs/maps/plugins-scoutzknivez.ini
plugins-scoutzknivez.ini is the name of the ini file??

Arkshine
02-25-2007, 11:27
You can now have per-map plugin configuration files. AMX Mod X will automatically load any plugins listed in files having the following name: configs/maps/plugins-<map>.ini. Thus, de_dust specific plugins will be loaded from configs/maps/plugins-de_dust.ini.

Map-specific plugin files are parsed after the main plugins.ini is parsed, and after all secondary plugins-*.ini files are parsed in the configs folder. This means that a map-specific plugin listing inherits all settings above itself.

MrXtramean
02-26-2007, 13:38
Ok...I've been wondering. I've played the GG servers, like it and was wondering if the GG can be turned on to run and then run a certain mapcycle while on?

Example: We want to run our server(s) as normal (dust/dust2 -60 min rotation) but would like to turn on GG and run a "mapcycle or maybe the gungame_mapcycle.txt" for the time we are running the GG. And then when done, turn off the GG and put our server back to normal dust/dust2 rotation.

Follow me?

We run fun nights on Tues, Thur and Sun for about 5-6 hours. We'd like to run GG on some of those nights with maybe a set map list of de_ and cs_ maps where there's rewards given.

I always thought GunGame was a total mod convertion and it was either GG or normal 1.6. But can it be setup like we want?

Much thanks for your reply.

XxAvalanchexX
02-26-2007, 20:26
You can try this.

In server.cfg, set gg_enabled to 0. In gungame.cfg, remove the gg_enabled line. Use amx_gungame 1 to enable GunGame, and it should now remain on through map changes until you use amx_gungame 0 again.

There is no automatic way to turn it off. But, you could try setting the last map in your gungame_mapcycle.txt to de_dust, and then in your de_dust configuration file, run "amx_gungame 0" and then set gg_enabled to 0.

XxAvalanchexX
02-28-2007, 14:38
Have you tried my solution?

HighX
02-28-2007, 17:35
I have a question that is similar to the one asked in the start of this thread.

I want to use GG on dust2 only, and use all map-specific cfg files. I don't have a problem getting GG to run,but when I manually switch maps (if nobody connects to the server), mp_timelimit is still set to 0.

Now, I have server.cfg with mp_timelimit 25 and I know GG disables timelimit. I don't want to go through every cfg file to add mp_timelimit 25, so is there an easier fix? Also, I should note that I have amx_gungame 0 and gg_enabled 0 in every map cfg file as well.

I also have the mapchangecfgfile command in my server.cfg

MrXtramean
02-28-2007, 22:38
Not yet...I haven't even uploaded the files yet, only dnl'ed them.

Thanks...this is a start to try. I've read that it's either mapcycle.txt or the gungame_mapcycle.txt, but not both.?!? It seems that if GG is on, it should follow the gungame_mapcycle.txt but it seems there may be a problem? Not sure if I read it wrong on this... I'll have to find this topic and read more on it.

I'll work on this setup. Thanks much!!

XxAvalanchexX
02-28-2007, 22:44
HighX: Check out this thread. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=51423

MrXtramean: I'm not sure exactly if there is a problem or just a misunderstanding, because all of the reports are extremely vague. "IT DOESN'T WORK" is about all I have gotten. gungame_mapcycle.txt will change maps in the order that they are in the file while GunGame is running. It won't start a map vote, but if you still have the map vote plugin enabled and the map timelimit is near the end, the map vote plugin will still start a vote by itself using regular mapcycle.txt

HighX
03-01-2007, 09:37
HighX: Check out this thread. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=51423

cheers

MrXtramean
04-19-2007, 14:12
Ok..I did it and all went well. We're up and running.
I've heard of one problem and I'm going to have to get more info, but I had cs_deagle5 and awp_metro in GG mapcycle list and I guess ppl were able to use the awp all the time on metro and the deagle all the time on deagle5. I have gg_pickup_others 0 Other than that we're getting off to a great start.

XxAvalanchexX
04-19-2007, 15:53
gg_pickup_others won't block maps from giving you weapons, it will only stop you from picking up weapons that are on the ground. Try this thread:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=53291