PDA

View Full Version : An idea about FFA mode

jim_yang
12-17-2006, 07:15
i have an idea about FFA mode. When it enabled. move all players to the same team(example Terror) then add one fake client on the other team(CT).
advantage: don't need to deal with the friendly fire any more. it is obvious of player's rank on scoreboard.
disadvantage: need one bot, take one slot.

BAILOPAN
12-17-2006, 13:59
I don't see the advantage of this over CSDM 2.1's FFA implementation, other than that rounds wouldn't restart for a team being killed. But the same thing applies to non-FFA.

xxdilbertxx
12-20-2006, 18:49
i think that stoping the round from restarting if one team is killed is exactly what he is talking about

like my DM set up
FFA on
ticketing is by player

if by chance one hole team runs out off tickets but thire is still 3 or 4 players left on the other team that still have tickets the round will end

but in FFA mode it souldent end till ony 1 player is left with tickets

"Free For All" not "Team Work"

BAILOPAN
12-20-2006, 20:08
You can force all players onto one team, but that has nothing to do with FFA mode. FFA removes the punishments and damage de-amplifiers from mp_friendlyfire.

What you're talking about is stopping the rounds from ending, and I've said before that I will not accept a solution that involves invisible players.

However, forcing all players onto one team has no big downside for FFA, so if you want to implement this in a plugin yourself, then it should work.

Simon Logic
12-21-2006, 07:15
It's a separate plugin functionality. Don't tease BAILOPAN ;) Try FakeTeam Player plugin or so. But it has bugs.

PS. I have my own plugin for AMX which i'll port soon to AMX/X. It's much smarter and stable than FakeTeam Player.

xxdilbertxx
12-21-2006, 17:47
well you can force all players on to one team with out a plugin and it does stop the round from ending befor tickets are used up
humans_join_team "any/t/ct"
pb_bot_join_team "any/t/ct"

but it dosint end after all the players tickets are out and one player is left on the map ether