PDA

View Full Version : good idea or ?

Coobaha
12-16-2006, 17:23
Sorry for my bad english!
I got nice idea, imho, mb it will be nice if you do special mode for csdm that will remember where you picked to respawn. For example you want to train plant b on dust2 as the defence. And some other guys want to play as the attackers. The defenders and attackers on one plant or piece of map is limited. For example as atackers mb 3-5 and defenders 1,2 - 3,4. Mb it sux... post your opinion.

Cladyu
12-16-2006, 17:39
I didn't quite understand what you want to say, but I got the idea. I could rephrase. The plugin (it should be something separate from the main CSDM) could mark the spawns in 2 or 3 categories: Bomb A, Bomb B and Base (self-explaining). When a player connects a menu should pop-up in wich he can choose in wich side of the map he wants to be spawned. (Or say /respawn zone #). It's not a bad idea, but this should be only fore larger bombing (or even hostage) maps.
EDIT: Tell me if this is what you wanted to say.

Coobaha
12-16-2006, 18:46
Yea, spawns are sepparated by categories, and some fixed number of players can respawn in one spawn category. And if it is possible to protect from situation when one side dominated and just standing near spawns waiting for another side players. May be do automatic rerespawn for All (atackers and defenders from one category)when all players from one side who picked one category are killed.

Simon Logic
12-18-2006, 13:13
There is three types of spawnpoints in CSDM: both teams, team A, team B. Feel free to place your own spawnpoints using built-in spawn point editor.

Concerning team balancing. I think it's not a CSDM routine. Try to make a plugin request or try to use AXN metamod plugin with it's strip entities feature to delete some existent spawn points on the map - they affect how many slots per team are possible.