PDA

View Full Version : SIMPLE SOUNDS

quickdraw
08-09-2004, 00:25
This plugin can be used to have clients connecting to your server download all custom sounds,gfx,models,etc.

All without any res files.

Once they download them they will never have to download them again.

I would advise that you only use this if you have sv_downloadurl set up properly on your server.

//how to //

Take the sma file and edit the precache lines to match the paths to your custom files.

Save the sma.

Use the amx compiler and compile the sma into amx.

Add the amx to your plugins directory.

Add a line to your plugins.ini to include the plugin.

Your done...

/////////////////////////

This eliminates the need for res files and should work with wad files as well, but has not been tested as of yet.

jay7
08-09-2004, 04:10
well that's just genius!

Dicope
08-09-2004, 07:04
where's the sense in this? i don't know why we shouldn't use res files?

kingpin
08-09-2004, 08:25
umm so this does same thing as the previous sound management plugin?

quickdraw
08-09-2004, 09:27
If there is another sound program out there, then it could be the same as it. I looked for one that did this and couldn't find one. Saw others looking for one and so I thought I would share what I had.

The reason this is better than res files is you dont have to make 100+ res files for every custom map you have on your server. Just one file that includes all your custom info.

neggard
08-09-2004, 10:40
It is possible to make this plugin map specific.

So if I run a custom map and make an own overview file for this in bmp
so the client download the bmp.

For now the client dont download overviews for some reson.

quickdraw
08-09-2004, 19:24
Neggard:
If you want a map specific download to happan. ie, you want the client to download a file only if they play a certain map, then you need to make a res file and put that in your maps folder. That can be done without this plugin.

This plugin just makes the client download any and all custom files that you place in it. They only have to download the ones they don't have, so if they already downloaded them, the wont have to again. You can edit the sma and recompile it each time you want to add custom content to your server.