PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect map changes care of MM:S?

perpetualgaze
11-09-2006, 22:56
After the most recent CS:S server update, I've had a really strange issue. Whenever I enable MM:S, my map changes - via vote, change as admin in-game or change from the server itself (I have remote desktop access to the server) aren't what they're actually changed to. Such as, if I set ma_map surf_skyworld from console, it'll end up on surf_awesome (or any other map hosted on the server).
I've gone as far as disabling my plugins in meta one by one to determine if it was from something outside, but even no active plugins (save metamod itself) brought the same results. If I remove the metamod line from my gameinfo.txt and just run a blank server, map changes are accurate.
Thanks for any input anyone might have. :D

BAILOPAN
11-10-2006, 00:40
That is very odd. I cannot reproduce it however. Make sure you're not missing any valve server plugins that might be causing the issue.

If you still get it and can't find anything, tell me your operating system, and e-mail me a copy of your addons folder ( [email protected] )

GoG | bulla (Dr)
08-13-2007, 07:04
Was there any solution?
Same problem here.

Sorry for digging out this old post.

deadly ding
08-13-2007, 07:59
I am having the same trouble changing maps on my (rented) DOD:S server. When I try to change to a particular map, I get a (as near as I can tell) random map.

I followed the same steps a perpetualgaze: disabling plugins one-by-one until finally disabling Metamod itself. Once Metamod is disabled, I can change maps normally.

So far, Google hasn't been a very good friend...

I'll hold off on sending an email based on a year-old thread.

Metamod:Source version 1.4.2.414
Compiled on: Jun 25 2007
Plugin interface version: 10:7
SourceHook version: 4:3

GoG | bulla (Dr)
08-15-2007, 07:33
:push:

Neo_Bahamut_19
01-23-2008, 23:54
I have the same issue on my team fortress 2 server, I am running both MM: S and Mani Admin because MMS is great and all, but it cant change maps and the end of round votes don't work... it gives the admin a few maps to change from and noone else votes...

PM
01-24-2008, 01:46
Are you running the MM:S or the VSP version of Mani Admin Plugin?

BAILOPAN
01-24-2008, 07:21
Regardless this problem is going to be unrelated to MM:S -- if you're having trouble with Mani you may wish to post it on his forums.

SixSicSix
01-25-2008, 16:07
I have the same issue on my team fortress 2 server, I am running both MM: S and Mani Admin because MMS is great and all, but it cant change maps and the end of round votes don't work... it gives the admin a few maps to change from and noone else votes...

I'm with him, I help him admin his server. Please check my thread for more info: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=66196&highlight=change+map+random