View Full Version : CD Punisher

heathen
08-06-2004, 08:51
This plugin has moved to

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=8506

please update your links.

Dicope
08-06-2004, 10:11
please use the dos-style (CR/LF) when posting plugins so i mustn't convert them^^

heathen
08-10-2004, 06:08
This plugin has moved to

heathen
08-10-2004, 16:17
This plugin has moved to

Meatwad
08-11-2004, 19:31
Didn't krotal make a better version? :)

heathen
08-11-2004, 20:32
Krotal’s version is missing some functionality that this one has such as money management for No C-D and alternate Old C-D settings. In addition, this version has some improved code. Krotal's version string matches player’s names for "[No C-D" to detect C-D. This one interfaces C-D in a more direct fashion. Krotal's is a mix of various authors’ code. This one is written entirely by me. Plus Krotal's version has been removed from the plugin's forum and it's author appears to be banned (note that the author is not Krotal). But mine is missing the in game menus that admins use to restrict weapons on the fly in Krotal's version. I will add menus after I’m done adding damage management.
<edit> after much thought i've decided that this plug-in is much better without an in game admin menu, these are not the kind of settings that should be turned on and off frequently. Regarding damage modifiers, it is logisticly impossible to do without the use of ugly haxs such as the ones employeed by war3ft and war3, the cost of implimenting such a thing as damage modifiers is to heavy when weighed against the benifits. The fact is that metamod does not export crap from the CS mod and thus amx and amxx can not alter any mod dependant stuff like damage, it can only pretend to.

heathen
08-23-2004, 00:37
This plugin has moved to

heathen
09-16-2004, 12:20
This plugin has moved to

MeTaL69
11-01-2004, 09:12
Hey

Just started using C-D & getting used to it. Saw this plugin & thought I should giv it try, nice btw :)

1 thing though, could u change it or tell me how, to stop the voice from keep saying CD detected & maybe just put hud msg up??

Is there anyway of it activating on just the No CD player side?

Cheers!!

MeTaL69
11-01-2004, 12:32
What does "cdpunish_requireauth 0, 1, 2" do in this?? :?:

Does any1 know about the cdrequire. I turned it to 1 & it stays on for a bit but then it changes back to 0 again. Whats makeing change bk, any1 :?: :(

Thanks 4 any help in this

heathen
11-24-2004, 18:22
Thanks for the feedback, so i have little time to work on this plug-in since the hl2 SDK came out I’ve been working day and night on maps.

To answer your question about "cdpunish_requireauth", this setting tells the plug-in what to do with people who have not yet been authenticated by CD.
Setting it to "cdpunish_requireauth" will force the plug-in to treat them as if they have CD, setting it to 1 it will force the plug-in to treat them as though they do not have CD and setting it to 2 will force the plug-in to treat them as though they are using Old-CD. This is necessary because CD does not immediately authenticate players and my plug-in wants to know what to do with a player that has not been tested for CD yet.
So essentially it wants to know how much you trust people who have not been tested for CD. 0="Complete trust", 2="A little bit of trust" and 1="No trust at all".

To answer your question about cdrequire, this plug-in must have cdrequire set to 0 to work and it will try to keep cdrequire set to 0. If you want cdrequire set to 1 then there is no reason to use this plugin because this plug-in is a replacement for cdrequire which provides no flexibility when it comes to handling No C-D players. This is documented in part in the top portion of this thread. In short cdrequire is a CD setting that kicks No CD’ers this being the case it would make my plug-in useless. If you just want to kick No CD’ers then remove cdpunisher and turn on cdrequire, but if you want to punish No CD’ers then turn off cdrequire and use cdpunisher.

heathen
11-24-2004, 18:35
To turn off audio notification for Authenticated CD users do this on or around line 247 in the follow code:

if(code == 0)
{
client_print(id,print_chat,"CD auth: Success")
// client_cmd(id,"speak ^"C D detected. You are authorized for weapon use.^"") comment out this line with //
}

MeTaL69
11-24-2004, 18:53
Cool thanks for the reply, thought the SDK was taking over every1s time :(

Well Anyway, i will remember this for next time I use C-D. Turned it off cos
A = People r too lazy to use it
B= Makes server very empty

If only VAC & C-D would combine forces :(

heathen
11-30-2004, 02:08
At least intill a regular following of CD only players find your server. The plug-in as you may have noticed, helps keep players in your server when you use Cheating Death but it can't make them go and get CD. If they are to lazy for CD then let them play with a 80% reduction in money and brutal weapon restrictions.

heathen
12-01-2004, 15:05
This plugin has moved to

CentaurChester
12-11-2004, 19:29
Hey again

I love this plugin but ppl are still to lazy.. Yes I know and I'v tested it myself. When they try to buy a weapon I know it shows a text on
bottem of the screen.. info but they still either
a) compleatly ignore it
b) are too damm lazy to read it.. and try bypast the MOTD as quickly as they can..

I do want thank you for this plugin but I don't understand how they can miss all the " text" info " motd " and my rules...

I am cluess.. on how lazy ppl are.. or they either blind or too stupid..(most player not all) Sorry not trying flame or be mean.
but when you get asked 20 million times
" why can't I get guns "
I even binded a Key.,,,

"amx_sayall omg don't u ppl read. Type RULES for info on how get all guns "

as said heathen, I " Love" your plugin and thank you very very much on what you have made. it works great.

(Just an idea)

but I was wondering if you could make some kinda way so they can't
so quickly by-pass it.
Not trying steal the idea. but I know for my HLGaurd. there is option
that it pop up with white text on the screen and give them option with some text info.. and it only pops up for ppl name that have
[No C-D] When they log on..

or maybe a HUD screen?
I was thinking something along the lines of
" Welcome to (Server name) this server is using "
" C-D (cheating death, You can not use/buy certain guns"
" intill you download the Cheating - Death client "
" If you choose to ignore this warning you will be
" limmited to what weapons you can buy"
" You can get it here (www.blah blah)
" please hit # key 1 or 4 "

and when hit 1 for yes they understand and cont on in the game.
4 for they don't agree or understand.. and maybe have them kicked
with some reason why like

Kicked: for being to lazy to read carefully

----

But this just idea.. something I thought may help. but if anybody else has some kinda idea or a way so they can't skip the Motd.
Yes admit. many do ignore it and hope i will turn off C-D. Some are just too lazy and do ignore the MOTD and just click ok..
It scrambles my mind why they don't see all the info I have.. I think they are blind.

I have Amx showing scrolling mesg on top/and bottem of the screen saying - Welcome to Cc's Server - This server req C-D Death. d/l here blah)

The text that is shown when they try to buy a gun. (not sure if it show it when your on the awp map).. for players names that have [No C-D]
but assume does show..

my server name - Cc's Server: C-D REQ to play and last but not least..
my MOTD and my rules.. and all they have to do is type rules to see this.
http://68.145.175.228/cstrike/Rules.html

The only thing that does not seem to be working is. I'm not hearing any voice or sound. I Just found out reading else where
on the AMXX forms here.. That C-D punisher plays a voice using the HL engine.. I am not hearing anything..
But I know ours works becasue I haved edit our speech.ini file to play the some the barney sounds we like for our server..
And they have been tested and all work. I wish I could have more then 4 pages. but they work..

Thats it. anybody have ideas/comments or suggesion.
And again Thanks for cool plugin :)

heathen
12-11-2004, 20:27
This plugin has moved to

heathen
12-11-2004, 22:12
I made some small changes namely, i made the NO C-D warnings more frequent and louder, disabled speak commands to CD Authorized players and added a small feature where admins can add a small custom message to the NO C-D warnings. However, i can't test them becuase i uninstalled all my hl:cs stuff when hl2 can out. So, if anybody finds a problem with the changes let me know.

CentaurChester
12-12-2004, 00:46
Umm quick question since still newbie..
did upload the new CDPunisher.sma and .amxx one? or you going
post that later.. Just wondering

also the .amxx one wont download..

but sound good. Can't wait to try it out new options on my server
and i can get back to with how it goes..

Thanks..
not to get off topic but here is my speech.ini. this shouldn't effect
C-dpunisher should it?

--
; Commands Menu: ; < description > < command > < flags > < access level >
; "a" - execute from server console
; "b" - execute from admin console
; "c" - execute on all clients
; "d" - back to menu when executed
;
; --=page 1/4=-
"Any idea whats going on? " "spk \'barney/whatsgoingon\'" "cd" "u"
"Hello and die" "spk \'vox/hello and die\'" "cd" "u"
"Yup" "spk \'barney/yup\'" "cd" "u"
"Nope" "spk \'barney/nope\'" "cd" "u"
"Maybe" "spk \'barney/maybe\'" "cd" "u"
"Yes sir!" "spk \'barney/yessir\'" "cd" "u"
"No sir" "spk \'barney/nosir\'" "cd" "u"
"Hey! Stop that!" "spk \'barney/donthurtem\'" "cd" "u"
;
; --=page 2/4=-
;
"End of the line for you" "spk \'barney/ba_endline\'" "cd" "u"
"Hey Step off buddy " "spk \'barney/ba_stepoff\'" "cd" "u"
"Watch it with that thing" "spk \'barney/ba_watchit\'" "cd" "u"
"Don't make me do this" "spk \'barney/ba_dontmake\'" "cd" "u"
"Don't think so" "spk \'barney/dontguess\'" "cd" "u"
"Don't ask me" "spk \'barney/dontaskme\'" "cd" "u"
"Couldnt make a bigger mess" "spk \'barney/bigmess\'" "cd" "u"
"Laughter" "spk \'hgrunt/c2a3_hg_laugh\'" "cd" "u"
;
; --=page 3/4=-
;
"I only take so much & no more" "spk \'barney/ba_somuch\'" "cd" "u"
"I have a Bad feeling" "spk \'barney/badfeeling\'" "cd" "u"
"You talk too much" "spk \'barney/youtalkmuch\'" "cd" "u"
"You thinkin?" "spk \'barney/thinking\'" "cd" "u"
"You will definitely pay!" "spk \'hgrunt/c2a2_hg_chat5a\'" "cd" "u"
"Your going wish hadn't done that" "spk \'barney/ba_uwish\'" "cd" "u"
"Man that sounded bad" "spk \'barney/soundsbad\'" "cd" "u"
"Man did you see that shot" "spk \'barney/ba_seethat\'" "cd" "u"
;
; --=page 4/4=-
;
"Get the hell out of here" "spk \'barney/imwithyou\'" "cd" "u"
"Lets go" "spk \'barney/letsgo\'" "cd" "u"
"Run like hell" "spk \'barney/letsmoveit\'" "cd" "u"
"Cold beer" "spk \'barney/beertopside\'" "cd" "u"
"Open fire Gordon!" "spk \'barney/openfire\'" "cd" "u"
"Yes, target pratics" "spk \'barney/targetpractice\'" "cd" "u"
; "Live longer if work together" "spk \'barney/dobettertogether\'" "cd" "u"
"Cant get worst then this" "spk \'barney/getanyworse\'" "cd" "u"
"Did u see something move?" "spk \'barney/somethingmoves\'" "cd" "u"

mercury
12-12-2004, 01:48
i think the better way of functionality of this plugin will be:

disable player to move & info about where get CD

(like CD error sayin: your system has been modifyed CODE 18, etc)

is it possible to add such mode?)

heathen
12-12-2004, 03:16
Admin custom message are disabled untill i fix it.. just wait a few days.

heathen
12-12-2004, 03:19
mercury, that might be something people are interrested in. However, i think it's best to expand the functionality instead of replacing functionality of the plug-in. If you want the feature mentioned by mercury a couple posts back then speak up. If i get three or more requests then i'll put it in.

heathen
12-14-2004, 22:11
After HL2 came out i proceeded to remove all my old HL stuff including CS. With all the new source SDK stuff i'm quite busy with other things now. For those of you who have moved on to sourcemod, I'll see you there i'm sure. This plug-in will continue be updated and new features will still be created but not by me. Without a working copy of CS it will be hard to test anything anyway. This plug-in will be taken over by slmclarengt he has promised to listen to your input and further the development and I believe him to be a good plug-in writer.

slmclarengt should take anything useful from this thread and move it to his new thread when he is ready to start doing stuff. So, expect a post from him in here giving a new link to the plug-in.

And now i'm off to play some CS:S later all.

heathen
12-15-2004, 14:15
This plugin has moved to

dic
05-14-2005, 08:22
Could you make the same plugin for ssServer?
ssPunisher :)

ssServer
_http://www.ufonurkka.mine.nu

heathen
12-12-2005, 00:46
Forcing the players to comfirm that the have read the rules will not work... They will quickly find the yes/ok/accept button and skip the reading part.

Identity
03-25-2007, 09:32
Unapproved approved plugin?