PDA

View Full Version : SourceMM version 1.3 Not Recognizing Plugins "Please Help"

iclassdon
09-11-2006, 01:16
I am new to SourceMM. I have recently installed source dedicated server today 9/10/06 onto my "WINDOWS XP" machine, big step from half life-amxmodx. Anyhow I also installed metamod source 1.3 which seems to be working correctly when i type meta verision this displays. My issue is geting a plugin to work. I have tried others besides this one but will use as an example.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Metamod Version:

] meta version
Metamod:Source version 1.3
Compiled on: Aug 16 2006
Plugin interface version: 9:7
SourceHook version: 4:3
http://www.sourcemm.net/

Dedicated Server Verison Download from Steam toolz:

] version
Protocol version 7
Exe version 1.0.0.30 (cstrike)
Exe build: 10:33:16 Aug 30 2006 (2853)
I have now moved onto installing goremod onto meta mod my directory extracted zip placed cfg and put it in proper folder and goremod folder in addons folder the file structure looks like this:

\cstrike\addons\goremod\bin\goremod_mm.dll
I have added "addons/goremod/bin/goremod_mm" with out quotes to metaplugins.ini Which is located in addons folder

\cstrike\addons\metaplugins.ini
I restarted my server typed meta refresh and type meta list and this displays

] meta list
-Id- Name Version Author Status

I have read every peace of documentation and scoured this forum for an answer "Please if anyon can help I would greatly appreciate it".

Thanks
iclassdon

devicenull
09-11-2006, 01:45
metaplugins.ini goes in cstrike\addons\metamod\, not cstrike\addons\

iclassdon
09-11-2006, 01:50
Ok I have moved it to cstrike\addons\metamod\metaplugins.ini . Still no luck =/

thanks for the reply

FlyingMongoose
09-11-2006, 01:55
sometimes the slashes do matter, try switching the type of slash in your metaplugins.ini (strange I know, but sometimes it matters)

iclassdon
09-11-2006, 02:00
Changed slashes as requested
from
addons/goremod/bin/goremod_mm
to
addons\goremod\bin\goremod_mm

Still no go

Thanks for the help guys.

iclassdon
09-11-2006, 02:05
I hope I can figure this out been working on it for hours already this is my last resort

FlyingMongoose
09-11-2006, 02:07
Well apart from starting from scratch, not using the steam tools version and using hldsupdatetool instead (which is the method I personally prefer), I have no other suggestions.

BAILOPAN
09-11-2006, 02:07
Please don't bump topics.

What happens when you type meta list?

iclassdon
09-11-2006, 02:09
This shows up when I type it

] meta list
-Id- Name Version Author Status

Thanks for reply

iclassdon
09-11-2006, 02:47
I just finished installing another plugin followed all instructions thorougly and still no luck on getting meta to recognize it. I am off to bed it's 3 am already tommorow I will delete the server and reinstall hopefully that'll work thanks for the help guys.

iclassdon

BAILOPAN
09-11-2006, 10:39
If it's not showing anything your metaplugins.ini file couldn't be found.

iclassdon
09-11-2006, 12:40
Ok bail, I have figured out the issue after I read your response. I deleted my metaplugins.ini located in cstrike/addons/metamod. I went ahead and took an old cfg file from amxmodx renamed to "metaplugins" with out the ini and it worked. Just to see if it was the ini extension I put my old metaplugins.ini which i deleted back in cstrike/addons/metamod with out the ini extension and it didnt work. I dont know if this only applies to me but i have read on website to make metaplugins.ini << text file on the installation document provided to me by SourceMM on step number 5 which clearly states.

5.Create a new, blank, text file called "metaplugins.ini".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again I dont know if this only applies to my computer or others with this new version but I figured i'd let you guys know to save someone else a headache in the future. I'd like to thank everyone for there responses in my time for need of help. I'm very impressed with this community.

Thanks
iclassdon

FlyingMongoose
09-11-2006, 15:09
Open up your addons/metamod folder

On the menu click
Tools-Folder Options
Click the "View" tab
Select the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button (circle)
and *UNCHECK* "Hide extensions for known file types"
Click "Apply to All Folders"
then click
"Apply"
then click
"OK"

Of course, be careful with files now that you've done that because you've exposed a lot of files that could potentially become corrupt or bad if you accidentally remove or change the extension.

iclassdon
09-11-2006, 17:01
Thanks for the info I never knew about that function, the hidden files yes but not hidden file extensions. I appreciate your concern, for now I am off to enjoy the rest of the great plugins this forum has to offer. I hope these posts can help serve the rest of the Allied Modders community.

Thanks
iclassdon