PDA

View Full Version : Global banlist

Pages : [1] 2

devicenull
04-30-2006, 21:40
v0.2b1

Get it here (http://devicenull.org/files/banlist_0.2b1.zip) (Source (http://devicenull.org/files/banlist-0.2b1-src.zip))
*Note that timed bans do not expire with that version, for a fix, see the end of this thread.

Features:
Amxbans integration (for front end)
Threaded updates (no hurting game server performance)

Installation instructions:
Web:

Install and configure amxbans.. it's available from amxbans.net. Follow the default install instructions.
Open up checkid.php, edit the variables to the same ones you installed amxbans with
Upload checkid.php, remember where you put it

Server plugin:

Extract/upload it to \addons\
Install it like a normal plugin.
Add the following variables to your server.cfg
//This should be the correct URL to checkid.php
banlist_check_url "http://somewebsite.com/checkid.php?steamid=%s"
//The amount of time to ban banned people for (in minutes) (-1 will just kick them)
banlist_bantime -1
//The message to kick banned players with
banlist_kickmsg "Banned"

germannavy
05-14-2006, 16:32
i think that will be a great plugin.

we have five 20slot css server and wemust update the banlist manuely.
can i only use localhost as database or works it also with another database not on the same machine.

see our server here:
http://www.bandofgamers.de/serverpark.php

devicenull
05-14-2006, 19:26
The way it's currently set up to update is by downloading updates from a web server.. I've got a php script that ties in with amxbans.

It's currently running on a few sourceforts server's, and updating fine over the internet..

Can you get on irc? irc.gamesurge.net channel #sourcemod .. It will probably be easier to discuss that way.

germannavy
05-15-2006, 04:26
irc will be a problem, because the time differenz

can you give me the plugin and a little instruction ?

i think it will the best when i test the functions of the plugin

devicenull
05-15-2006, 18:04
Okay, to use this with amxbans, you have to do a few things:
Make sure you have MySQL and PHP5.
Along with PHP5, you need two extensions enabled: php_pdo and php_pdo_sqlite.
Install amxbans.. it's on amxmodx.org in the plugins forum.

You can add any bans or admins that you want at this point. One note: Rather then deleting bans from the amxbans database, you must unban them. Failure to do this will result in the person not being unbanned from all servers. I recommend that you do not give anyone access to delete bans.

Next, you need to create a directory for the web portion of the plugin.. it can be anywhere you like. Under that, you need a temp directory.. I named mine "temp" :)

Tree view of my amxbans folder:

amxbans
├───admin
├───images
├───include
├───plugin
│ └───temp
├───smarty
├───templates
└───tmp

(I removed amxban's subdirectories from the list)

Next, extract both the files from the web-0.11.zip file to the directory you just created. Open config.php and fill in the correct details. The path to temp variable must have any single slashes "\" replaced with double slashes "\\", like it is.

That's it for right now, there's a few things I need to modify in the serverside plugin, so you can actually change them. Any questions about the web stuff?

(See first post for download)

devicenull
05-15-2006, 22:31
Onto the server plugin:
Extract it to \addons\
Install it like a normal plugin.
You need to set two cvars:
banlist_update .. The number of hours between updates.
banlist_url .. The url to the update script. This is the path to getupdates.php in the plugin script.

And thats it.. everything should work from there. The plugin keeps track of it's bans internally.. anyone who joins and is on it's list will be banned for an hour. This prevents it from spamming the server's banlist.

Rebell
05-16-2006, 00:50
This is a good idea , but whats with sharedbans ?

It looks the same...

:roll:

tcviper
05-16-2006, 04:37
Sharedbans is a global banning list in general which can work in a combination with this plugin. This plugin is more meant for your own servers.

germannavy
05-16-2006, 05:25
i thought that amxbans is only a cs1.6 plugin and not for source servers

devicenull
05-16-2006, 15:23
AmxBans is a HL1 plugin yes. I make use of the web frontend, which is independent of the HL1 stuff. It works out rather nice, because then I don't have to write my own front end.

This plugin works pretty much the same as sharedbans, but you can decide who is banned.. This plugin would be overkill for one server, but there's no easy way to managed multiple server's banlists in HL2

Opossum
05-17-2006, 11:20
Okay, I've got some questions.

We've got Steambans, we've got Sharedbans, we've got this, ...
Why so much? Which of these things is the best for public servers?

FlyingMongoose
05-17-2006, 12:27
Steambans and Sharedbans are for large worldwide bans of cheaters, anyone banned on those networks (which is what they are) are banned on all servers within that network.

This particular plugin allows for 2 or more of your OWN servers to hold it's own private ban database (basically someone broke your rules now they're banned from all your servers)

There's no reason to run this on an individual server.

germannavy
05-17-2006, 13:53
but you must have your own root with local access for the files or iīm wrong ?

can i use it when i have two or three servers from different hosters.

Opossum
05-17-2006, 17:44
Ahhh, now I'm understanding.

devicenull
05-17-2006, 17:59
but you must have your own root with local access for the files or iīm wrong ?

can i use it when i have two or three servers from different hosters.

You only need access to install a plugin on the servers. At least one place, you need webhosting with php 5 installed. The webhosting does not need to host a server.

You can use this with servers that are anywhere.. it doesn't matter.

germannavy
05-18-2006, 04:46
@devicenull

now i have install amxbans 4.3 and import my banlist from servers ( 103 bans)

you can see it here:

did you now if there is a way to import the name ?

-------------

Now i need your plugin for the server to test the plugin

devicenull
05-18-2006, 13:51
Oops, thought I attached the plugin a few posts ago..

As far as getting the names of the bans.. How are you importing them? Straight from srcds's banned_users.cfg? If so, the name isn't stored there, so you would have to go back and edit the entries later.

Did you install the web part of the plugin too? A few posts back I posted on the extra step you need so the servers can download updates.

I don't know if I said this before, but with the amxbans database, you need to create two additonal tables.. the creates for them are:

CREATE TABLE `hack_attempts` (
`ip` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
`query` text NOT NULL
);

CREATE TABLE `ip_log` (
`ip` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
`lastUpdate` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
PRIMARY KEY (`ip`)
);

germannavy
05-18-2006, 16:00
ok plugin is running on one server

server.cfg:
//banlist
banlist_update 1

i donīt understand the path command:

$temp_path = \\www\\htdocs\\v123918\\w_com\\amxbans\\plugi n\\temp\\";

i have no path like c:\\.....\\...\\amxbans\\

devicenull
05-18-2006, 17:52
The C:\\ was the path on my windows machine, but you changed it to the right thing.. one slight problem, the $temp line should be:
$temp_path = "/www/htdocs/v123918/w_com/amxbans/plugin/temp/";

You were missing a quote before \\www

Linux path's use the other slashes too, I forgot.

sslice
05-18-2006, 17:56
Should it be..
?

devicenull
05-18-2006, 18:00
Should it be..
?

Oops, yea.

Thanks

germannavy
05-19-2006, 02:42
can the plugin write a log file ?
maybe with "banlist_log 1"

is it possible to push the update manually?

e.g. with
"banlist_check_database"

my problem is that i canīt see if it works or not.
there are no bans on the server and i canīt see the problem
no comment about the plugin in the server logs

devicenull
05-19-2006, 17:52
can the plugin write a log file ?
maybe with "banlist_log 1"

is it possible to push the update manually?

e.g. with
"banlist_check_database"

my problem is that i canīt see if it works or not.
there are no bans on the server and i canīt see the problem
no comment about the plugin in the server logs

There's a few simple things:
Do "meta list" at the server console, is the plugin loaded?
Check addons\banlist\data. If the server has updated, there will be two files. database.sq, and update.sq3.
The simplest way to force an update is by unloading the plugin, then deleting database.sq. The next time the plugin is loaded, it will immediately update.

I just found your problem.. your PHP install does not have PDO and PDO_SQLITE enabled. If you have access to your php install, you can enable these by adding some lines to it.. if not, you have to ask your web host to "Enable the php_pdo and php_pdo_sqlite extension", both of which are included with php. When that's done, this url (http://www.winkelmaenner.com/amxbans/getupdates.php?from=0) will start a file download. Up until then, you can see the errors.

germannavy
05-23-2006, 05:13
@devicenull

now i have changed my php to version 5

i think it works now

i have ban myself for test and will test it this evening

germannavy
05-23-2006, 13:28
i have test it now

the plugin download the data

/addons/banlist/data/database.sq
/addons/banlist/data/update.sq3

the problem:
i ban myself from this server but i can play on the server

donīt know why

devicenull
05-23-2006, 13:46
Oops, my fault.
Open getupdates.php, you will see this line:
error_reporting(E_ALL);

Change the E_ALL to 0, so it becomes

error_reporting(0);
and let your server go through another update cycle (or delete the two files in the data directory, to force an update)

Your problem should be fixed after this.

bandwidth
05-23-2006, 15:43
where can i download this?

thanks.

germannavy
05-23-2006, 16:39
ok i changed it, delete the files and restart the server.
the plugin has download the files again.

i tested again if i can play and strangely enough i can play again.

did the plugin add the steamid to the banned_user.cfg or do the plugin block the player directly ?

devicenull
05-23-2006, 17:56
Can you send me both files in the data directory? You can email them to devicenul @gmail.com

Also, is your steamid STEAM_0:1:7601? I assume it is, but I've seen a few cases where steamid's are missing the last couple digits ;)

Bans wont be added to banned_user.cfg until the user that is banned joins.

bandwidth, look on the first page, I think it's the third or forth post.

devicenull
05-23-2006, 19:35
Update in first post.

germannavy
05-24-2006, 01:30
iīve sent you both files.

my steam id is STEAM_0:1:7601

imported_Hell Phoenix
05-24-2006, 12:56
I found another problem Devicenull. I will try and catch you on later tonight. Basically a forceupdate downloads the file correctly, but when the server downloads it itself after that, it downloads part of the php page (the part with the add tables and stuff...which is that supposed to be added to the db? Cause it never does if its supposed to). Anyways like I said Ill try to catch you on tonight if I can and get you whatever info you need.

devicenull
05-24-2006, 18:06
iīve sent you both files.

my steam id is STEAM_0:1:7601

Download 0.12, and run the "forceupdate" command.

Make sure you update the banlist_url variable, it gets unset when the plugin is unloaded.

germannavy
05-25-2006, 08:45
@devicenull

now the plugin works perfecly

i get an disconnect message with reason: global banlist

i think the plugin is a very good extension for clans with more then one server

i promise we will use the plugin because it is hard work to equalize banlists on 5 servers

imported_googol
05-26-2006, 22:42
any way to get this plugin to work with php v4.4.0?

imported_supermj
05-29-2006, 22:00
I'm working on installing this plugin and testing it, but I have one question so far...

If I ban someone in-game, will it send it to the website to distribute it to all servers, or do you have to enter it on the website?

devicenull
05-29-2006, 22:12
php4 does not have the correct version of sqlite, so no. Unless you were to figure some way of generating the updates outside of php.. but I couldn't tell you how to do that.

No, this is strictly one way, from the web page to the server.

imported_supermj
05-29-2006, 22:22
I have it all installed and the extensions installed.

Should there be servers listed in the servers list of the website portion?

devicenull
05-29-2006, 23:07
Nope. It does not replicate all the functions of the AmxX amxbans plugin, one of which is registering itself on that list. That's something I can look into doing though.

imported_supermj
05-30-2006, 00:53
Ok, best I can tell, it's not working.

I have a dedicated domain with PHP 5 and the extensions enabled.
I have the plugin setup on my servers and it is active. The cvars are set on them all.
It is updating something, as the 2 files appear in the data folder.

I manually checked the db and the bans are listed there. ONe of the bans is me for testing purposes and I am not banned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

devicenull
05-30-2006, 17:56
Can you get on IRC?.. there's a java client at http://gamesurge.net/chat/ Then just /join #sourcemod

Or contact me via xfire, user "devicenull"

It's a pain to do this via the forums.

otstrel
06-06-2006, 19:12
Seems like link to web-0.11.zip is missing...

germannavy
06-07-2006, 01:27
look at the first post !

v0.12

Changes:
v0.11-v0.12
Added "forceupdate", a server side command to force an update
If an update fails because you didn't set a url, it will try again around a minute later
If the download fails, it will give you an error code so I can help you a bit more

Get it here (http://devnull.vision-host.net/files.php?f=banlist-0.12.tar.gz)

otstrel
06-07-2006, 04:36
You kindly gave me link to plugin. I already have it, thanks.
Cannot see web part though.

imported_supermj
06-07-2006, 12:57
You kindly gave me link to plugin. I already have it, thanks.
Cannot see web part though.
http://www.sourcemod.net/forums/download.php?id=592

otstrel
06-07-2006, 16:36
Much appreciated.

otstrel
06-10-2006, 05:44
Plugin works perfectly! Many thanks!

Few suggestions for next version.
1. Configurable reason for the kick, it would be nice to be able to put server site URL in it.
2. Configurable ban duration with an option to disable it and just use kicking with a reason.

Also it would great to be able to add bans to database from the game without messing with web interface.
Maybe another php script which accept steamid, duration, reason and magic number which must be the same for both web script and server plugin?

edit
One more suggestion. banlist_update does not seem to accept values less than 1. It would be nice to be able to set update interval to something less than one hour.

otstrel
06-10-2006, 12:45
One more suggestion - it would be VERY nice to have more than one source URL for bans with separate settings for each one.

devicenull
06-10-2006, 14:06
Added:

1. Configurable reason for the kick, it would be nice to be able to put server site URL in it.
2. Configurable ban duration with an option to disable it and just use kicking with a reason.

Fixed:
edit
One more suggestion. banlist_update does not seem to accept values less than 1. It would be nice to be able to set update interval to something less than one hour.[/quote]

Multiple source URL's have some weird problems.. What do I do if one list wants to remove a user, and the other wants to add it? Ban the user anyway? That seems to be the main problem with doing it that way.

otstrel
06-10-2006, 15:46
Added
Fixed
Awesome! Looking forward to testing :)

Multiple source URL's have some weird problems.. What do I do if one list wants to remove a user, and the other wants to add it? Ban the user anyway? That seems to be the main problem with doing it that way.
I think I can suggest a solution for this problem - precedence. More significant banlists in config file are listed after less significant and most significant one takes precedence.

otstrel
06-12-2006, 17:10
Any chances to grab new version for testing? ;)

devicenull
06-12-2006, 18:04
Any chances to grab new version for testing? ;)

Do you need windows or linux builds?

otstrel
06-13-2006, 11:36
Windows would be great.

By the way - what do you think about adding bans from the game in a way I described above?

devicenull
06-13-2006, 18:01
I'm not sure how easy it would be to add bans from in game.. it might be a better idea for me to show a MOTD box with the web interface to the bans?

Then I don't have to worry about deciding if a user can or cannot add a ban, and admins can remove them just as easily.

I've attached the beta version for windows.

(Lastest version in first post)

otstrel
06-14-2006, 03:45
Many thanks for the beta. Here is the report :)
1. banlist_update with values less than 1 - OK.
2. banlist_kickreason - OK.
3. banlist_banduration - minor problem. While I expected that 0 would disable ban and use kick instead it sets permanent ban on a test victim :) Could you please look into this?

More suggestions, please don't shoot, these are really good! ;)

1. Show ban information in client's console the way its done in AMXBans. Something like:
===
%banlist_kickreason%
Ban duration: %duration from database%. Reason: %reason from database%
Ban expires in: %ban time left% minutes
===

2. Feature all my admins would adore you for ;) Once next update is complete look through newly received bans and ban/kick (depending on settings) those newly banned players who are online. Otherwise they would stay online till next change of map which is not good.

germannavy
06-14-2006, 07:56
@devicenull

i have a little problem with the banlist now.

it works perfecly but if i delete the files database.sq and update.sq3 the plugin will only download the update.sq3 file and the database.sq is emty

did you have any idea whatīs wrong ?

otstrel
06-14-2006, 10:42
Let me guess - you did that without restarting your server?

germannavy
06-14-2006, 10:48
yes you are right, but i wonīt restart the server for an update !

otstrel
06-14-2006, 16:39
I guess that plugin remembers the time of last update and request only bans added after that time. So if you delete database files you need to restart your server to get full update. Unless forcefullupdate command is implemented but let this be YOUR suggestion - I'm over my limit already :)

devicenull
06-14-2006, 18:25
@devicenull

i have a little problem with the banlist now.

it works perfecly but if i delete the files database.sq and update.sq3 the plugin will only download the update.sq3 file and the database.sq is emty

did you have any idea whatīs wrong ?

Meta unload the plugin, and meta reload it..
The easy solution is to not delete those files.. Don't EVER delete those files while the plugin is running.. You should never need to delete them in the first place

1. Show ban information in client's console the way its done in AMXBans. Something like:
===
%banlist_kickreason%
Ban duration: %duration from database%. Reason: %reason from database%
Ban expires in: %ban time left% minutes
===

2. Feature all my admins would adore you for Wink Once next update is complete look through newly received bans and ban/kick (depending on settings) those newly banned players who are online. Otherwise they would stay online till next change of map which is not good.

I guess I have to get timed bans working then :) Shouldn't be that big a deal, although srcds won't have a clue when the bans expires, that will all be handled by the web side. I can add a few more cvars if you want to give them a better description.

The second one seems pretty easy to do.

I will fix it so that using a -1 for duration kicks them.

otstrel
06-18-2006, 03:37
With unloading and then reloading plugin you may need to manually restore plugin settings afterwards:

meta list
-Id- Name Version Author Status
[01] Mani Admin Plugin 1.2BetaN Mani RUN
[02] Ban List 0.13b1 devicenull RUN
meta unload banlist
Plugin 2 unloaded.
meta load banlist
L 06/18/2006 - 11:33:16: [BL] pthread_mutex_init returned 0
Plugin "Ban List" loaded with id 3.
meta list
[01] Mani Admin Plugin 1.2BetaN Mani RUN
[03] Ban List 0.13b1 devicenull RUN
forceupdate
L 06/18/2006 - 11:33:22: [BL] Starting update
L 06/18/2006 - 11:33:22: [BL] Starting update
L 06/18/2006 - 11:33:22: [BL] Update failed, banlist_url not set

Maybe you could move all plugin settings to cfg/banilst.cfg and exec it during plugin load? Should simplify plugin deployment as well.

Should you feel that my pressure is becoming annoying - please let me know since annoying you is the last thing on my mind :roll:

germannavy
06-18-2006, 06:13
if i delete a ban from database and make "forceupdate", the ban is directly deleted or must i change the map or restart the server ?

i noticed that the ban isnīt deleted if i only make forceupdate on console.

otstrel
06-18-2006, 06:47
First of all, do NOT delete bans - use unban instead.

devicenull
06-18-2006, 15:29
if i delete a ban from database and make "forceupdate", the ban is directly deleted or must i change the map or restart the server ?

i noticed that the ban isnīt deleted if i only make forceupdate on console.

When you delete bans, you leave the servers in a random state.. If the plugin still thinks that user is banned, they will stay banned.

Instead, unban users.. it's just as easy as deleting them.

The default ban duration is an hour.. so after an hour, the srcds ban will be removed. Once you do forceupdate, you don't have to do anything more, all the bans will be in their new state.

I probably should move all the settings into a config file, and get rid of the various debugging messages.

devicenull
06-19-2006, 20:41
Another beta release.. This one has an updated getupdates.php, which should handle temp bans correctly.

It also fixed ban duration, so that -1 will kick instead of banning.

Also, banlist.cfg is executed when the plugin loads.

Windows only binary, although the php page is OS independent.

(Later version in first post)

otstrel
06-20-2006, 00:57
Seems to work. Will carry on testing though.

otstrel
06-25-2006, 07:08
So far everything seems to be fine except that I've got another idea - command similar to listid could be very useful. For huge banlists it could accept parameter to be used as a search criteria.

germannavy
06-27-2006, 10:35
whatīs about a new linux version ?

i use the linux version 1.1 on 4 server

devicenull
06-27-2006, 17:44
I'll release the "release" version of 0.13 today.. no more betas for now.

devicenull
06-27-2006, 18:08
Just updated, see first post for changes and new download links.

-=CsFF=- Eagle
06-28-2006, 11:19
Hi there,

if i download the files it tells me the files are empty.

Regards

Eagle

devicenull
06-28-2006, 12:11
It's not a direct link to the file, you cannot right click and hit save as. Click the link, the file will start downloading automatically.

devicenull
06-28-2006, 19:03
Released version that works with PHP4.

If you already have PHP5 set up and working, when you update, make sure you set banlist_sqliteupdate to 1 on the servers and $use_sqlite = 1 in the php file.

If you don't want to use PHP5, set both variables to 0, and you can use other versions of php.

Falco
06-29-2006, 05:31
03:30:40 L 06/29/2006 - 05:11:54: [BL] Starting update
03:30:40 L 06/29/2006 - 05:11:54: [BL] Downloading database updates
03:30:40 L 06/29/2006 - 05:11:54: [BL] Starting update
03:30:40 L 06/29/2006 - 05:11:54: [BL] Download failed with error code 6
03:30:40 L 06/29/2006 - 05:11:54: [BL] Update complete

What have I done wrong?

devicenull
06-29-2006, 07:06
Error code 6 means the host could not be found.. make sure your update URL is in quotes. Make sure that the update URL is correct. My guess is it isnt.

Falco
06-29-2006, 15:17
Thanks, it was the quotes.

14:55:01 L 06/29/2006 - 16:36:11: [BL] Starting update
14:55:01 L 06/29/2006 - 16:36:11: [BL] Downloading database updates
14:55:01 L 06/29/2006 - 16:36:11: [BL] Starting update
14:55:02 L 06/29/2006 - 16:36:12: [BL] Download complete - 0
14:55:02 L 06/29/2006 - 16:36:12: [BL] Update complete

The web page is populated with bans. When I look at the database.sq and update.sq3 they are empty. I have checked with my host about the php_pdo and php_pdo_sqlite extentions. Since I'm on shared it cannot be added. Could this be why?

devicenull
06-29-2006, 17:52
I just released a version that fixes that, you don't need them anymore with 0.14. See the first post for how to enable this feature :)

Falco
06-29-2006, 18:01
Ok, sorry I'm confused then. I'm running 0.14, is the database.sq and update.sq3 suppose to be empty after I run the forceupdate?

I found out the temp path was wrong and I did not chmod the directory. Sorry to be a bother. Thanks for the script.

devicenull
06-29-2006, 19:02
No.. they should not be empty. Are they still empty after everything works right?

Can you PM me on xfire, "devicenull"

Falco
06-29-2006, 19:08
All is good, database.sq and update.sq3 are populated. Quick question. If we ban on game server will the web page update or do we have to goto website and input ban?

devicenull
06-29-2006, 19:17
No, as of right now you have to go to the page and input the ban.. it should work in the in game browser, if you have an admin mod that can bring up the page for you.

I plan on adding support for banning from ingame, but I don't know how long it will take.

Falco
06-29-2006, 19:22
Thanks, appreciate the help. :)

ShadoX
07-03-2006, 06:18
Hey, great plugin though doesn't seem to be banning me when i join as it should. Could you take a look at my settings and tell me if anything is wrong? Cheers

AMXBans is fully installed btw

I'm fairly sure my webserver is hosted on linux - my game server is on linux FC4

Website
I created a "plugin" directory in the main directory of amxbans. Created a temp directory - both chmod'ed to 777 (for the moment)

Put getupdates.php and config.php file in the "plugin" directory (step up from temp directory)

I have php 4.3.8 so i'm running in "text" mode as you describe it

Config file settings (DB stuff is correct so not included for obvious reasons)

//Path to a temporary directory.. PHP must be able to write to this direcotry.
$temp_path = "/*****/amxbanssource/plugin/temp/";

//The number of hours that each server must wait before updating.
//This does not override the svar on the actual game server.
//If they update more frequently then this, they get the old update file.
$min_repeat = 0;

//What are the table names for the ban and banhistory tables?
//These are the default ones.
$ban_table = "amx_bans";
$unban_table = "amx_banhistory";

//If you have php5 and the correct modules installed (php_pdo, php_pdo_sqlite)
//Then you can set this to 1, and we will distribute sqlite update files instead.
$use_sqlite = 0;
Note this is running off my ISP webspace so i don't have access to background gear and don't have a harddrive directory type address to the temp folder, only my internet address - I've previously tried the temp location as

$temp_path = "home.exetel.com.au/*****/*****/amxbanssource/plugin/temp/";
(I blanked out 2 directories cause i'd rather not post the exact address

Server
Game - Day of Defeat Source
Metamod source version - v1.2.3

banlist.cfg is

banlist_url http://home.exetel.com.au/****/*****/amxbanssource/plugin/
banlist_sqliteupdate 0
(Other stuff is trivial but FYI kick msg is default and ban time is 60, update time 1 hour)

Note i noticed in the database.sq has database creation type stuff (you know code to actually create database tables - i've attached it) the other file is completely empty.

In my server console after an update this is what i get
20:11:46 L 07/03/2006 - 21:33:35: [BL] Starting update
20:11:46 L 07/03/2006 - 21:33:35: [BL] Downloading database updates
20:11:46 L 07/03/2006 - 21:33:35: [BL] Download complete - 6
20:11:46 L 07/03/2006 - 21:33:35: [BL] UPDATE config SET value='1151926415' WHERE key='lastupdate' Note i've only got 1 id in my banned list (me), if the 6 above shows how many were downloaded then its seriously wrong

If you can see anything wrong that'd be great mate
Cheers

devicenull
07-03-2006, 07:24
banlist_url must be in quotes. The 6 is an error code.. it means hostname not found. If you look at banlist_url right now, it will just be "http://"

ShadoX
07-03-2006, 07:48
Ok i changed it too

banlist_url "http://home.exetel.com.au/****/*****/amxbanssource/plugin/"

also tried

banlist_url "home.exetel.com.au/****/*****/amxbanssource/plugin/"

no banning :( and i get this message now
21:55:47 L 07/03/2006 - 23:17:38: [BL] Starting update
21:55:47 L 07/03/2006 - 23:17:38: [BL] Downloading database updates
21:55:47 L 07/03/2006 - 23:17:38: [BL] Download complete - 0
21:55:47 L 07/03/2006 - 23:17:38: [BL] UPDATE config SET value='1151932658' WHERE key='lastupdate'

and now my database.sql file is empty and the update.sq3 file seems to have a chunk of html in it - i've attached for you to look at :grrr:

Cheers

ShadoX
07-03-2006, 07:49
oops double post

ShadoX
07-03-2006, 08:10
oh

is it possible to get a list a error codes? Saves me posting everytime if its something i can fix :)

devicenull
07-03-2006, 23:52
0 means it worked fine..

The problem now is the URL must be to the getupdates.php script, not the directory that it is in.

These are all the error codes:
typedef enum {
CURLE_OK = 0,
CURLE_UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL, /* 1 */
CURLE_FAILED_INIT, /* 2 */
CURLE_URL_MALFORMAT, /* 3 */
CURLE_URL_MALFORMAT_USER, /* 4 (NOT USED) */
CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY, /* 5 */
CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST, /* 6 */
CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT, /* 7 */
CURLE_FTP_WEIRD_SERVER_REPLY, /* 8 */
CURLE_FTP_ACCESS_DENIED, /* 9 a service was denied by the FTP server
due to lack of access - when login fails
this is not returned. */
CURLE_FTP_USER_PASSWORD_INCORRECT, /* 10 */
CURLE_FTP_WEIRD_PASS_REPLY, /* 11 */
CURLE_FTP_WEIRD_USER_REPLY, /* 12 */
CURLE_FTP_WEIRD_PASV_REPLY, /* 13 */
CURLE_FTP_WEIRD_227_FORMAT, /* 14 */
CURLE_FTP_CANT_GET_HOST, /* 15 */
CURLE_FTP_CANT_RECONNECT, /* 16 */
CURLE_FTP_COULDNT_SET_BINARY, /* 17 */
CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE, /* 18 */
CURLE_FTP_COULDNT_RETR_FILE, /* 19 */
CURLE_FTP_WRITE_ERROR, /* 20 */
CURLE_FTP_QUOTE_ERROR, /* 21 */
CURLE_HTTP_RETURNED_ERROR, /* 22 */
CURLE_WRITE_ERROR, /* 23 */
CURLE_MALFORMAT_USER, /* 24 - NOT USED */
CURLE_FTP_COULDNT_STOR_FILE, /* 25 - failed FTP upload */
CURLE_READ_ERROR, /* 26 - could open/read from file */
CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY, /* 27 */
CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEOUTED, /* 28 - the timeout time was reached */
CURLE_FTP_COULDNT_SET_ASCII, /* 29 - TYPE A failed */
CURLE_FTP_PORT_FAILED, /* 30 - FTP PORT operation failed */
CURLE_FTP_COULDNT_USE_REST, /* 31 - the REST command failed */
CURLE_FTP_COULDNT_GET_SIZE, /* 32 - the SIZE command failed */
CURLE_HTTP_RANGE_ERROR, /* 33 - RANGE "command" didn't work */
CURLE_HTTP_POST_ERROR, /* 34 */
CURLE_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR, /* 35 - wrong when connecting with SSL */
CURLE_BAD_DOWNLOAD_RESUME, /* 36 - couldn't resume download */
CURLE_FILE_COULDNT_READ_FILE, /* 37 */
CURLE_LDAP_CANNOT_BIND, /* 38 */
CURLE_LDAP_SEARCH_FAILED, /* 39 */
CURLE_LIBRARY_NOT_FOUND, /* 40 */
CURLE_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND, /* 41 */
CURLE_ABORTED_BY_CALLBACK, /* 42 */
CURLE_BAD_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT, /* 43 */
CURLE_BAD_CALLING_ORDER, /* 44 - NOT USED */
CURLE_INTERFACE_FAILED, /* 45 - CURLOPT_INTERFACE failed */
CURLE_BAD_PASSWORD_ENTERED, /* 46 - NOT USED */
CURLE_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS , /* 47 - catch endless re-direct loops */
CURLE_UNKNOWN_TELNET_OPTION, /* 48 - User specified an unknown option */
CURLE_TELNET_OPTION_SYNTAX , /* 49 - Malformed telnet option */
CURLE_OBSOLETE, /* 50 - NOT USED */
CURLE_SSL_PEER_CERTIFICATE, /* 51 - peer's certificate wasn't ok */
CURLE_GOT_NOTHING, /* 52 - when this is a specific error */
CURLE_SSL_ENGINE_NOTFOUND, /* 53 - SSL crypto engine not found */
CURLE_SSL_ENGINE_SETFAILED, /* 54 - can not set SSL crypto engine as
default */
CURLE_SEND_ERROR, /* 55 - failed sending network data */
CURLE_RECV_ERROR, /* 56 - failure in receiving network data */
CURLE_SHARE_IN_USE, /* 57 - share is in use */
CURLE_SSL_CERTPROBLEM, /* 58 - problem with the local certificate */
CURLE_SSL_CIPHER, /* 59 - couldn't use specified cipher */
CURLE_SSL_CACERT, /* 60 - problem with the CA cert (path?) */
CURLE_BAD_CONTENT_ENCODING, /* 61 - Unrecognized transfer encoding */
CURLE_LDAP_INVALID_URL, /* 62 - Invalid LDAP URL */
CURLE_FILESIZE_EXCEEDED, /* 63 - Maximum file size exceeded */
CURLE_FTP_SSL_FAILED, /* 64 - Requested FTP SSL level failed */
CURLE_SEND_FAIL_REWIND, /* 65 - Sending the data requires a rewind
that failed */
CURLE_SSL_ENGINE_INITFAILED, /* 66 - failed to initialise ENGINE */
CURLE_LOGIN_DENIED, /* 67 - user, password or similar was not
accepted and we failed to login */
CURLE_TFTP_NOTFOUND, /* 68 - file not found on server */
CURLE_TFTP_PERM, /* 69 - permission problem on server */
CURLE_TFTP_DISKFULL, /* 70 - out of disk space on server */
CURLE_TFTP_ILLEGAL, /* 71 - Illegal TFTP operation */
CURLE_TFTP_UNKNOWNID, /* 72 - Unknown transfer ID */
CURLE_TFTP_EXISTS, /* 73 - File already exists */
CURLE_TFTP_NOSUCHUSER, /* 74 - No such user */
CURL_LAST /* never use! */
} CURLcode;

ShadoX
07-04-2006, 00:36
so should i just add getupdates.php on the end on the url?

ShadoX
07-04-2006, 04:23
change the line above, get a "0" returned but still get a big jumble of crap in my database file like in the first post

This works on DoDS doesn't it? The latest update didn't break it by any chance did it? (it broke alot of other things like mani admin/etc)

I get this in my server console when i manually exec the banlist.cfg file
Unknown command "banlist_update"
Unknown command "banlist_url"
Unknown command "banlist_kickreason"
Unknown command "banlist_banduration"
Unknown command "banlist_sqliteupdate"
rcon from "***.***.***.***:****": command "exec banlist.cfg"
rcon from "***.***.***.***:****": command ""

This happens when the plugin is loaded and when its unloaded, This'd be the problem i guess?

devicenull
07-04-2006, 07:13
Was this update recent? It looks as though the plugin is no longer loading..

I'll take a look at it when I get home later.

And yes, all you need to do is add getupdates.php to the end of the URL

ShadoX
07-04-2006, 07:55
Update was on the 28th of last month

was a fairly big update too

devicenull
07-04-2006, 14:28
It's not DOD. There are 6 servers running this plugin under DOD.

Do "meta list" on the server.. whichever one shows error do, "meta retry X", where X is the plugin number.

Tell me what error it reports back with..

ShadoX
07-05-2006, 11:40
Hmm it reports that it can't retry cause its already running

I'm pretty sure this is running for the most part, just not banning me (and getting crap in the database file and not responding to the banlist.cfg file commands)

Might have to just use mattie events to automatically rcon the bans across servers, was hoping this'd work only cause we already have amx bans running for something like 5 non-source servers :(

devicenull
07-05-2006, 12:13
Hmm it reports that it can't retry cause its already running

I'm pretty sure this is running for the most part, just not banning me (and getting crap in the database file and not responding to the banlist.cfg file commands)

Might have to just use mattie events to automatically rcon the bans across servers, was hoping this'd work only cause we already have amx bans running for something like 5 non-source servers :(

Whats the output from meta list?

Do you have xfire? If so, add me "devicenull", and we can talk there.. something pretty strange is going on.

germannavy
07-07-2006, 03:06
@devicenull

can you make a standalone plugin, so we donīt need metamod source ?

tcviper
07-07-2006, 03:48
why would you NOT want metamod source? i mean this is most ideal as you can unload, load while gameserver is running.

germannavy
07-07-2006, 06:00
but i wonīt unload/load the plugin

we only use metamod source for global banlist

FlyingMongoose
07-07-2006, 08:52
Technically the loading/unloading of plugins is possible w/ Non-SourceMM plugins, however it's much much MUCH more unstable. Plus SourceMM allows for better plugin organization. That's why I use sourcemm most, organization.

devicenull
07-07-2006, 16:08
@devicenull

can you make a standalone plugin, so we donīt need metamod source ?

No, I have not had the "fun" of dealing with VSP's since shortly after metamod: source was released. If mms caused CPU usage, or instability issues, I would consider providing a normal plugin, but for me, the problems of managing two plugin interfaces are really not worth the effort.

devicenull
07-08-2006, 17:11
I think I have adding bans from in game working right now, but I have a question for everyone:
Right now, as long as a user is in AmxBans server admins section, they can add bans. Is this a suitable behavior, or do I need to check for the ban flag in their access? I might be able to add a numeric flag, so that anyone having say "2" in their access, would be able to globally ban someone.

Hell Phoenix
07-09-2006, 11:29
I would say check flags. All of our people with reserved slots only are in our server admins section too.

devicenull
07-09-2006, 15:58
Okay, I can set it up so you can choose the flag. The part that lets you add bans has entered beta testing (Shh, don't tell the sourceforts server admins they are beta testers :P ), so unless I run into any bugs, it should be released some time this week.

Hell Phoenix
07-10-2006, 12:06
Wow that is awesome! As always you rock devicenull!

ghostrider455
07-10-2006, 15:30
You can't hide from the sourceforts server admins. We see all......... :P

devicenull
07-10-2006, 17:53
You can't hide from the sourceforts server admins. We see all......... :P

/me hides behind gaben.

Can't see me now.

devicenull
07-11-2006, 23:47
Added the ablity to ban from in game.. the command is:
global_ban duration "steamid" "reason"
Steamid and reason MUST be in quotes. No way around this. A zero duration is permanent.

ShadoX
07-12-2006, 07:04
Cool

Hey atleast now it works in 1 direction - i can add bans fine but their still not coming back to the server.

I now get this in console - which i'll hazard a guess and say its all correct (due to the CURLE_OK (0)?)

20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Forcing update
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Hostname is ******
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Update url is http://home.exetel.com.au/*****/*****/amxbanssource/plugin/getupdates.php
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Forcing update
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Downloading banlist updates
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Download complete - CURLE_OK (0)
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Update complete

So is it possible i'm missing something on my amxbans site side?

For example maybe my temp directory isn't being located or something ? (i saw a post someone was having an issue and this was wrong which caused the issue) - the address above definetly is correct since its the same address fo the addban.php line except its getupdates.php not addban.php :O

Heres what i've got
"/home/ftpwebspace/*****/*****/amxbanssource/plugin/temp/"
the temp/plugin directories have been chmod'd. Do i need double slashes when working with linux? Normally i would put in the "http://bleh.bleh" part but i got this from the amxbans site config file directly, more absolute so figured it'd work better

Any ideas? I can get on xfire if your up for it
Xfire = shadz0r (http://www.xfire.com/profile/shadz0r)

Cheers

ps. Originally i couldn't get the addban to work either but then i found out on the amxbans site, i had to edit my admins and put a "1" in my ACCESS field (the field NEXT to the FLAGS field) - was this intentional? I figured the Flag name would link to the flag field

ShadoX
07-12-2006, 08:31
Nevermind, ignore all above, i just got it working !

Just an idea might be good to add a "debug" kind of mode, where all those timers get turned off - by timers i mean, on the website theres that "server must wait so and so time before getting an update" - have it so this gets ignored and you get a full update anyway while debugs on. Just helps with testing if it works thats all.

Great work mate ! *DaNcEs*

ShadoX
07-13-2006, 00:39
Hrrmm seems i was alittle early in saying it worked

It seems the first update works fine, but updates after that just come with a blank file (the temp.banlist file is blank) - This happens even when there is new bans on the website and/or people have been unbanned which has to be an error

Currently the servers update time is set to 1 hour and the website min_repeat time is set to 45 mins...

[Edit] I just installed this to my other server and it works perfectly EVERY time. How strange is that.

They are the exact same setup, (besides some config differences obviously) and i even copied the ban list files directly from my first server (which i'm having the issues with) and now the second server works perfectly, the first one still doesn't :o

Its weird, i can even kill both servers, delete the 2 files in the data directory, delete the files in the temp directory on my webserver, start both, they'll both update correctly the first time, then i can wait for them to update them selves (or forceupdate) and the second server will get the correct file, the first server will get a blank

How strange...

devicenull
07-13-2006, 07:12
Are they both on the same IP, just different ports?

Can you PM the the URL to your getupdate.php page, so I can take a look at it?

courage
07-13-2006, 19:59
hello! im not even sure if the banlist is working... how can i make sure it is working? and i dont understand were does the bans go?

devicenull
07-13-2006, 20:04
hello! im not even sure if the banlist is working... how can i make sure it is working? and i dont understand were does the bans go?

There's a good chance that you shouldn't be using this plugin.. if you read the first post it explains everything.

otstrel
07-23-2006, 07:40
Link to webpart in the first post (http://www.devicenull.org/files.php?f=web-0.4.tar.gz) returns zero size file. Could you please look into this?

devicenull
07-23-2006, 11:52
Fixed, forgot to upload it to the new site.

otstrel
07-24-2006, 02:18
Thanks. Any special reason why you are not using attachments on this forum? :roll:

devicenull
08-20-2006, 20:00
Beta version:

*Optimized multi-threading
*Added multi-source banlists.

banlist_url has been removed. Instead, use:
"banlist source_add "http://location" 0 <UseSqliteLite0|1>"

That only has to be done once, unless you delete the database file.

Note: The getupdates.php file in this archive is not backwards compatible. Old getupdates.php are not forwards compatible either.

http://devicenull.org/files/banlist-0.16b1.tar.gz

otstrel
08-21-2006, 02:44
Hooray! Hail to the King! :D

mrcoffee
08-30-2006, 19:56
Beta version:

http://devicenull.org/files/banlist0.16b1.tar.gz

It's returning a file size of zero again :( Any chance of a reupload?

devicenull
08-30-2006, 21:13
Link was missing a -, try now.

mrcoffee
08-30-2006, 21:25
It's working now :) Cheers!

sessus
09-01-2006, 07:47
any chance this plugin could be made AMX independent? maybe a similar approach to mani's admin management, that checks presence of Steam ID entries in a database.

germannavy
09-03-2006, 06:25
i use metamod 1.3 and v0.16 wonīt load.

error: undefined symbol: _Z7banlistv

devicenull
09-03-2006, 23:38
i use metamod 1.3 and v0.16 wonīt load.

error: undefined symbol: _Z7banlistv

I'll take a look at it when I get a few minutes.

germannavy
09-04-2006, 01:30
We have a problem with v0.15, too.

Forceupdate works but nobody in our list (211 bans) will be blocked from our servers.

has the plugin a limitation ?

otstrel
09-04-2006, 04:41
Today I got two complains about expired bans that are still active. I tried to ban both accounts and unban them again, I tried to forceupdate servers - no luck.
I would like to remind an old idea of mine - some console command which could do the search on plugin's local copy of database. At very least it will greatly simplify troubleshooting - currently I have to try something, then wait for update interval, then ask person having a problem to try to connect again, wait till he answers and then continue with another idea to try.

germannavy
09-10-2006, 05:11
i have the dame problem with some bans

devicenull
09-13-2006, 21:58
Today I got two complains about expired bans that are still active. I tried to ban both accounts and unban them again, I tried to forceupdate servers - no luck.
I would like to remind an old idea of mine - some console command which could do the search on plugin's local copy of database. At very least it will greatly simplify troubleshooting - currently I have to try something, then wait for update interval, then ask person having a problem to try to connect again, wait till he answers and then continue with another idea to try.

Okay, if you know how, PM me the following things:
Dump of amx_bans, amx_banhistory table
database.sq from one of the servers
SteamID of the person that should be unbanned

Germannavy, if you want to do the same thing, it would be helpful.

I'm looking at the problem with 0.16 now

otstrel
09-18-2006, 09:58
Seems like my problem was caused by editing bans. Revoked edit and delete priviledges from all my admins to avoid this in the future. Apologies for false alarm.

devicenull
09-18-2006, 16:11
Seems like my problem was caused by editing bans. Revoked edit and delete priviledges from all my admins to avoid this in the future. Apologies for false alarm.

Modifying bans should be fine.. Deleting bans is a very bad thing to do.

devicenull
09-18-2006, 21:10
Hate to doublepost..

http://devicenull.org/files/banlist-0.16b2.tar.gz

Changes:
-Time zones no longer need to be specified, so it's no longer possible for a server to miss a ban due to timezone issues.
-Offset was removed, it's no longer needed.
-forceupdate has been moved into the "banlist" command. Use "banlist forceupdate" now.

Planned changes:
-CheckId command.
-WipeDb command (wipes all bans from the servers database, then downloads a fresh list)

Unless someone objects, I'm going to remove Sqlite based updates very soon. Using sqlite for updates has no advantage over text. It also removes a bunch of code that I was having to maintain.

Hell Phoenix
09-19-2006, 10:21
There is no config with the .16 version...So I am assuming all the commands stayed the same? (well its source_add now I know that but the other commands).

Thanks for the awesome plugin. The wipedb command would be great.

devicenull
09-19-2006, 17:44
There is no config with the .16 version...So I am assuming all the commands stayed the same? (well its source_add now I know that but the other commands).

Thanks for the awesome plugin. The wipedb command would be great.

Yea, and that's still considered a beta version, so I haven't updated the distribution config file.

Hell Phoenix
10-09-2006, 16:43
Well its been awhile but I just noticed that a banned player was on our server. I looked at the temp.banlist and the player is there, but that file never gets put into the db. Thats with .16b2.

devicenull
10-10-2006, 12:18
Well its been awhile but I just noticed that a banned player was on our server. I looked at the temp.banlist and the player is there, but that file never gets put into the db. Thats with .16b2.

Send me both files in the data directory, and the players steamid... dn At devicenull.org

Hell Phoenix
10-10-2006, 14:37
Ok...will do that tomorrow (Of course I deleted the files and installed the old one right before I saw this....lol).

freak2004
10-11-2006, 13:02
01.cstrike/addons/banlist/data/temp.banlist file is up to date
02.Webside & Webside temp file up to date

Webside to temp.banlist file is -> ok
CSS Server to Webside -> no banned Player is coming up
CSS Server kicks no banned Players (All banned Players can play on server)

Plugin Version 0.16b2 with sql lite 0
Webside : PHP4 plugin sql lite 0

I have banned me for self on web and i can play on server :mrgreen:
My Steam id is written in cstrike temp.banlist file

Sorry for English :lol:

devicenull
10-11-2006, 14:56
01.cstrike/addons/banlist/data/temp.banlist file is up to date
02.Webside & Webside temp file up to date

Webside to temp.banlist file is -> ok
CSS Server to Webside -> no banned Player is coming up
CSS Server kicks no banned Players (All banned Players can play on server)

Plugin Version 0.16b2 with sql lite 0
Webside : PHP4 plugin sql lite 0

I have banned me for self on web and i can play on server :mrgreen:
My Steam id is written in cstrike temp.banlist file

Sorry for English :lol:

Without seeing either file (temp.banlist is more important), I can't say whats wrong..

freak2004
10-11-2006, 14:59
INSERT INTO bans(steamid,uid) VALUES('STEAM_0:0:xxx',%i);
INSERT INTO bans(steamid,uid) VALUES('STEAM_0:1:xxx',%i);

more entries but the same schema,org steam idīs replaced with xxx

banlist file in web temp folder is in same format

banlist.cfg

banlist_update 2
banlist source_add "http://xbse.de/.../getupdates.php" 0
banlist_kickreason "Global Banlist by xBSE.de"
banlist_banduration -1
banlist_sqliteupdate 0
banlist_add_url "http://xbse.de/.../addban.php"
banlist_add_password "xxx"
banlist_add_update 1

echo Executing Global Banlist config file

LOG CSS hlsw:

21:29:12 L 10/11/2006 - 21:29:19: [BL] VServers: Adding http://xbse.de/.../getupdates.php
21:29:12 L 10/11/2006 - 21:29:19: [BL] No update servers found
21:29:12 L 10/11/2006 - 21:29:19: [BL] URL: http://xbse.de/.../getupdates.php
21:29:12 L 10/11/2006 - 21:29:19: [BL] UpdateLoc: /.../cstrike/addons/banlist/data/temp.banlist
21:29:12 L 10/11/2006 - 21:29:19: [BL] Downloading banlist updates
21:29:12 L 10/11/2006 - 21:29:19: [BL] Download complete - CURLE_OK (0)
21:29:12 L 10/11/2006 - 21:29:19: [BL] Update complete

devicenull
10-11-2006, 15:37
Did you update from an older version? If so, did you delete the plugins database (addons\banlist\data\banlist.sq) during the upgrade process. You should have, if not it explains why this won't update.

freak2004
10-11-2006, 15:43
i have deletet all files on web and cstrike folder.No Update
Old file only banlist.cfg

database.sq:

SQLite format 3

updates

Both files are last modified at the same time

devicenull
10-11-2006, 19:18
Can you either attach or PM me that file? It won't look correct in notepad, as it is not a text file.

freak2004
10-12-2006, 01:56
OK,i have send PM with Files.

Skyrider
10-19-2006, 13:05
I'm rather confused with this plugin honestly.. It works with amxbans, and it finds my 2 servers as well.. But it also says when I try to add a live ban that the servers are offline, while they are online. As well, any kick / ban menu ingame? If I use any plugin to kick / ban, it won't show up in the amxbans website.

devicenull
10-19-2006, 14:51
I'm rather confused with this plugin honestly.. It works with amxbans, and it finds my 2 servers as well.. But it also says when I try to add a live ban that the servers are offline, while they are online. As well, any kick / ban menu ingame? If I use any plugin to kick / ban, it won't show up in the amxbans website.

Live bans do not work, because of how the plugin updates itself.. it does not use the same method amxbans does. There is no menu in game, there is a console command, global_ban.

Skyrider
10-19-2006, 17:28
Alright, thanks. Will it work with other ban plugins though?

devicenull
10-19-2006, 17:30
Alright, thanks. Will it work with other ban plugins though?

Not sure what you mean by that.. it won't interfere with any other plugin though.

Skyrider
10-19-2006, 17:44
like BAT Admin Plugin, also:

] global_ban 0 "STEAM_0:0:854032"
You are not authorized to add bans.. Nice try.

STEAM_0:0:854032 is added as admin through amxbans.. What's up? :o

devicenull
10-19-2006, 22:19
like BAT Admin Plugin, also:

] global_ban 0 "STEAM_0:0:854032"

STEAM_0:0:854032 is added as admin through amxbans.. What's up? :o

You almost banned yourself :)
The plugin looks at the current users steamid to detemine if you have access. What was your steamid at the time you tried this?

Skyrider
10-20-2006, 01:20
STEAM_0:0:854032 is on the access list, I tried to ban myself to test it out.

Mad.Eagle
10-25-2006, 10:20
hi all, finally i registered (troubles with mail are passed) and can post! =)

and right now need help...please... =(

i install AmxBans 4.3, banlist 0.16b2 and web part v0.4
all looks like ok.

BUT i have 2 problems:

1. if i ban myself from web (via AmxBans interface), it don't work at game server and i can connect to server... no error messages... nothing...

2. i add myself to server admins (amx admins) with (as it looks at table)

Nickname/SteamID/IP STEAM_0:1:8613451
empty
empty
Flag 1
SteamID STEAM_0:1:8613451
Nickname Mad.Eagle

but if i type global_ban 0 "STEAM_0:1:8613451" at console, always have one result : You are not authorized to add bans.. Nice try.

additional info

server os win32
apache 2.2.3
php 4.4.4
MySQL 4.1.21

config banlist.cfg

banlist_update 2
banlist source_add "http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/plugin/getupdates.php" 0
banlist_kickreason "Banned @ Megatron"
banlist_banduration -1
banlist_sqliteupdate 0
banlist_add_url "http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/plugin/addban.php"
banlist_add_password "xxx"
banlist_add_update 1

at first start only have this message at server console:

L 10/25/2006 - 18:24:54: VServers: Adding http://megatron.comintern.ru/tool
s/banlist/plugin/getupdates.php
L 10/25/2006 - 18:24:54: [B][BL] No update servers found
L 10/25/2006 - 18:24:54: [BL] URL: http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/pl
ugin/getupdates.php
L 10/25/2006 - 18:24:54: [BL] UpdateLoc: D:\SERVERS\CHARLIE\cstrike/addons/banlist
/data/temp.banlist
L 10/25/2006 - 18:24:54: [BL] Downloading banlist updates
L 10/25/2006 - 18:24:54: [BL] Download complete - CURLE_OK (0)
L 10/25/2006 - 18:24:54: [BL] Update complete

but after server restart all looks like fine...

L 10/25/2006 - 18:18:48: [BL] URL: http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/pl
ugin/getupdates.php
L 10/25/2006 - 18:18:48: [BL] UpdateLoc: D:\SERVERS\CHARLIE\cstrike/addons/banlist
/data/temp.banlist
L 10/25/2006 - 18:18:48: [BL] Downloading banlist updates
L 10/25/2006 - 18:18:48: [BL] Download complete - CURLE_OK (0)
L 10/25/2006 - 18:18:48: [BL] Update complete

please help =(
very important, really :cry:

devicenull
10-25-2006, 18:33
I am in the middle of exams.. I really can't do much until this weekend..

PrefeX
10-26-2006, 04:40
"http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/plugin/getupdates.php"
error msg: Port or time missing

"http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/plugin/addban.php"
error msg: 0Internal error 1

it looks like it's your webserver or amxbans interface that got problems... i've installed it myself, and i don't get these messages when i try to access my webscripts...

i also had problems when "banlist_sqliteupdate" was 0, but when i set it to 1 it worked right away... :o

freak2004
10-26-2006, 05:28
banlist_sqliteupdate" 1 is working and on server.Banned players looks up on web interface of amx,but banned players can play on server !

Mad.Eagle
10-26-2006, 08:44

it looks like it's your webserver or amxbans interface that got problems... i've installed it myself, and i don't get these messages when i try to access my webscripts...

i also had problems when "banlist_sqliteupdate" was 0, but when i set it to 1 it worked right away... :o

wow! =)
thanks! will dig it now....

Mad.Eagle
10-26-2006, 09:50
hmmm.. after reviewing this files (getupdates.php & adban.php) i found what "Port or time missing" and "0Internal error 1" is not a sql db errors, it's a normal info messages IF link opened without parameters...

for example, look at this (http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/plugin/getupdates.php?from=1234567&port=27015).

Mad.Eagle
10-27-2006, 08:30
banlist_sqliteupdate" 1 is working and on server.Banned players looks up on web interface of amx,but banned players can play on server !

i have this problem too... =(
UPDATED: with banlist_sqliteupdate 0

freak2004
10-27-2006, 12:40
Waiting for next version of Plugin ;-)

devicenull
10-29-2006, 16:53

You aren't supposed to look at those scripts directly :)

devicenull
10-29-2006, 17:44
Waiting for next version of Plugin ;-)

Open getupdates.php (The version on your webserver is fine), change the "error_reporting(0);" at the top to "error_reporting(E_ALL);"

Mad.Eagle, Change your access in amx admins to "1a", and make sure $addban_flag is set to '1' in config.php

Mad.Eagle
10-30-2006, 02:50
thanks! will try it immediately! =)
and new version of AmxBans, v.5, released... can we use it?

first results of test:

right after i deleted all temp files (at cstrike\addons\banlist\data and plugin/temp) and restart server, the new autocreated file temp.banlist have in body:

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>C:\httpd\www\megatron\tools\banlist\plugin\ge tupdates.php</b> on line <b>34</b><br />

and line 34 of getupdates.php is :

if (mysql_num_rows($res) > 0)

after restart server this Warning don't make a double... still one...

after a execute at game console global_ban "0" "STEAM_0:1:8613655" temp.banlist looks like

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>C:\httpd\www\megatron\tools\banlist\plugin\ge tupdates.php</b> on line <b>34</b><br />
INSERT INTO bans(steamid,uid) VALUES('STEAM_0:1:8613655',%i);

AND still no effect... I banned myself but can enter to server and play...

aditional question: how to force update banlist? i mean how to ban player with immediate ban effect?

freak2004
10-30-2006, 06:45
Open getupdates.php (The version on your webserver is fine), change the "error_reporting(0);" at the top to "error_reporting(E_ALL);"

Ok,i have do it.But i can Play too on my Server.... (my steam id is on web and temp file)

Mad.Eagle
10-30-2006, 07:30
Ok,i have do it.But i can Play too on my Server.... (my steam id is on web and temp file)

u don't understand =)
THIS option for debug purposes only, and don't influence on ban process...

Mad.Eagle
10-30-2006, 08:05
still awaitin for fix... =(
devicenull, great man, help us =)

freak2004
10-30-2006, 09:06
kk,thx

Mad.Eagle
11-01-2006, 09:14
help us master :|
we are really need your help.

Skyrider
11-01-2006, 15:50
Is Global banlist working with Mani's Admin Plugin? I'm not sure how Global Banlist works 100%.. But if people are banned by Mani's Admin Plugin, and the server has Global Banlist installed, it seems it won't add the bans on AMXbans.

devicenull
11-01-2006, 22:20
Is Global banlist working with Mani's Admin Plugin? I'm not sure how Global Banlist works 100%.. But if people are banned by Mani's Admin Plugin, and the server has Global Banlist installed, it seems it won't add the bans on AMXbans.

That's the design.. there's no way for me to tell when people are banned like that.

I'm still looking at it, it seems that every time I do it, it works fine. I'm wondering if its a linux-only bug. Slightly more annoying to test.

Mad.Eagle
11-02-2006, 01:36
2 devicenull: still not working on Win32 server ... =(

master, can you publish a source on 0.16b2 for win32?
or i can give you ftp access to my server if you wich to inspect my installation...

my reason: i have 4 CS:S servers and my admins already CRY without centralized ban control of all our servers...

please, help =(

freak2004
11-02-2006, 05:48
2 devicenull: still not working on Win32 server ... =(

Thats Right ! On my 2. Home PC i have installed dedicated Server on winxp
32 Bit and its not working.

devicenull
11-02-2006, 12:58
Give this version a try (Win32 only): www.devicenull.org/files/banlist-0.16b3.zip

I haven't changed anything with global_ban yet, so it may or may not work. However, anyone banned via amxbans should be banned.

Mad.Eagle
11-03-2006, 01:26
THANKS!!!!
will test it immediatelly

Mad.Eagle
11-03-2006, 02:34
first start:

at begin of log

Console initialized.
Game.dll loaded for "Counter-Strike: Source"
Unknown command "banlist_sqliteupdate"
Update URL added sucessfully[SMM]: Hooking ConCommand: say
Loading ES_Tools, AKA NeoWuH. (C) 2006.
at middle of log

L 11/03/2006 - 10:20:00: server_cvar: "sv_alltalk" "0"
L 11/03/2006 - 10:20:00: server_cvar: "sv_pausable" "0"
Unknown command "smm_stats_victims_mutliplier"
"STEAM_0:1:8613655" is now an admin.
We are already updating from http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/plugin/getupdates.phpUnknown command "banlist_sqliteupdate"
****** Executing mani_server.cfg ******
L 11/03/2006 - 10:20:00: server_cvar: "mani_reserve_slots" "0"
Searching for old log file...
****** Finished executing mani_server.cfg ******
Network: IP 213.148.0.242, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27016 SV / 27006 CL
L 11/03/2006 - 10:20:00: server_cvar: "sv_rollangle" "0"
at end of log

Unknown command "smm_stats_victims_mutliplier"
"STEAM_0:1:8613655" is allready in the admin list.
We are already updating from http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/plugin/g
etupdates.phpUnknown command "banlist_sqliteupdate"
****** Executing mani_server.cfg ******
L 11/03/2006 - 10:26:23: server_cvar: "mani_reserve_slots" "0"
Searching for old log file...
****** Finished executing mani_server.cfg ******
L 11/03/2006 - 10:26:23: World triggered "Round_Start"
L 11/03/2006 - 10:26:23: World triggered "Restart_Round_(15_seconds)"
and now repeating message at console is:

L 11/03/2006 - 10:26:33: URL: http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/pl
ugin/getupdates.php
L 11/03/2006 - 10:26:42: [BL] Version: 0.16b3
L 11/03/2006 - 10:26:42: [BL] Downloading banlist updates
L 11/03/2006 - 10:26:42: [BL] Download complete - CURLE_OK (0)
L 11/03/2006 - 10:26:42: [BL] Update [B]error, failed to execute query (
). Error: 0 (not an error)
L 11/03/2006 - 10:26:42: Update [B]error, failed to execute query (
L 11/03/2006 - 10:26:42: [BL] Update complete
second start

all error messages present again, and repeating mesage still is:

L 11/03/2006 - 10:30:34: [BL] URL: http://megatron.comintern.ru/tools/banlist/pl
ugin/getupdates.php
L 11/03/2006 - 10:30:34: [BL] Version: 0.16b3
L 11/03/2006 - 10:30:34: [BL] Downloading banlist updates
L 11/03/2006 - 10:30:34: [BL] Download complete - CURLE_OK (0)
L 11/03/2006 - 10:30:34: Update [B]error, failed to execute query (
L 11/03/2006 - 10:30:34: Update [B]error, failed to execute query (
L 11/03/2006 - 10:30:34: Update complete
i check AmxBans web interface: server with new version appears in list:

MEGATRON DELTA SERVER - 213.148.0.242:27016 - 03-11-06 10:34 - (0.16b3)

aaaaand nooooowwww...

[B]oops...

1. i try to connect- banlist kicks my ass... gooood! :up:
2. i delte my ban at webinterface and reban self with console command global_ban

i wait 2 hours (banlist_update 2) but after this time banlist ALLOW me to enter to server :oops::cry:

i attach my database.sq
(but i use mysql 4.x)

hmmm... if i bun myself from web it works!!! :up:

SUMMARY:

1. ban from webinterface is WORK!!! :up:
2. ban from gameconsole looks like working (print "Ban added" at game console) but is NOT work now :cry:
3. UNBAN from web works perfectly!!!!! =) :up:

"delete ban" can't work, did you point to this?

Rather then deleting bans from the amxbans database, you must unban them. Failure to do this will result in the person not being unbanned from all servers. I recommend that you do not give anyone access to delete bans.

Mad.Eagle
11-03-2006, 02:53
another few questions:

1. for ban -> global_ban "duration" "steam" "reason"
but how can i unban from game console?

2. how to force update banlist?

global_ban forceupdate
banlist forceupdate
forceupdate

all this commands don't work

3. if i ban users from game but unban from web interface, what parameter (from selected) is regulate database refresh time period?

banlist_update 2
banlist source_add "http://myserver/banlist/plugin/getupdates.php" 0
banlist_kickreason "Global Banlist"
banlist_banduration -1
banlist_sqliteupdate 0
banlist_add_url "http://myserver/banlist/plugin/addban.php"
banlist_add_password "******"
banlist_add_update 1

4. global_ban "duration" - What unit of measure? Minute, hour?

Mad.Eagle
11-03-2006, 05:47
all info posted, ready for comments =)

Skyrider
11-03-2006, 06:15
That's the design.. there's no way for me to tell when people are banned like that.

I'm still looking at it, it seems that every time I do it, it works fine. I'm wondering if its a linux-only bug. Slightly more annoying to test.
Possible that the bans can be read from AmxBans? I just banned someone through amxbans, but the server just let the person in.

freak2004
11-03-2006, 06:51
it works for win :up: great work !!!
Can you make this Plugin for Linux too ?

amx web ban/unban works :mrgreen:
ingame ban with global_ban works too :mrgreen:

All Bans show up on web Frontent

Mad.Eagle
11-03-2006, 07:57
yeah! devicenull DA BEST! :up:

ingame ban with global_ban works too :mrgreen:

are you sure?
if i banning myself from console plugin print me "Ban added" and it appears at web, but i can enter to server...

hmm... can it be because of i use DELETE BAN instead UNBAN at previous try of ban myself? and database works incorrectly after it?

freak2004
11-03-2006, 08:10
Console in CSS
] global_ban 0 "STEAM_0:1:5148691" "Test Ban"
The ban was sucessfully added
Disconnect: Kicked by Console : "Global Banlist by xBSE.de".
Disconnect: Kicked by Console : "Global Banlist by xBSE.de".

an in amxweb:

03-11-06 http://xbse.de/amxbans/images/spacer.gif MaXâ„Ē STEAM_0:1:5148691 Test Ban Permanent

Mad.Eagle
11-03-2006, 08:11
... automatically disconnected (kicked) RIGHT AFTER ban added?

freak2004
11-03-2006, 08:12
1 second later I was kicked...after the ban added

config.php

//Set this to 1 to allow admins to add bans from servers
$addban_enabled = 1;

//This password will be used to ensure that the servers are allowed to add bans
//Set the svar on the server to the exact same thing
$addban_password = "xxxx";

//What access flag do admins need to have in order to add bans?
$addban_flag = "1";

Have you set this ? And in AMX WEB the Admin Flag "1"

Mad.Eagle
11-03-2006, 08:25
yeah... =) exellent.
will try to use it...

thanks! =)

devicenull
11-03-2006, 16:50
Okay.
Deleting bans will never work. You HAVE to UNBAN people. It's just the way the system works. I recommend you remove any access anyone has to deleting bans.. it's not something I recommend doing.

To get banned right after doing a global_ban command, set banlist_add_update to 1.

So what problems still exist? I can't tell what's working and what isnt.

Mad.Eagle
11-05-2006, 13:45
thanks, man! =)
you done it! all works perfectly.

sorry for repeate, but:

global_ban forceupdate
banlist forceupdate
forceupdate

all this commands don't work... or it's not need now?

3. if i ban users from game but unban from web interface, what parameter (from selected) is regulate database refresh time period?

banlist_update 2 What unit of measure? hours?
banlist source_add "http://myserver/banlist/plugin/getupdates.php" 0
banlist_kickreason "Global Banlist"
banlist_banduration -1 What is it and what is a unit of measure?
banlist_sqliteupdate 0
banlist_add_url "http://myserver/banlist/plugin/addban.php"
banlist_add_password "******"
banlist_add_update 1

devicenull
11-05-2006, 16:52
You can't

global_ban forceupdate
banlist forceupdate
forceupdate

Via rcon, "banlist forceupdate"

banlist_update

banlist_update 2 What unit of measure? hours?
Hours

Minutes.

Mad.Eagle
11-06-2006, 08:45
thanks, man! =)

New Amxbans 5.0 - can we use it?

freak2004
11-06-2006, 08:55
I Have updatet to V5.0 it works.

Mad.Eagle
11-07-2006, 06:22
thanks! updated too, all looks like good! =)
2 devicenull: great master! =) can you add an ingame ban menu?

i try to explain...

at console - > global_ban_admin : shows list of all connected players

after chose of player, show a duration from predefined list, it can be

1 hour
2 hours
6 hours
12 hours
1 day
30 days
permanent

[ADDED LATER]

after chose of duration, show list of predefined reasons, for example:

Cheats
Foul language
Infringement of server rules

can you do it? =)

i think it makes our work at servers more fast and convenient...

please, master. :up:

devicenull
11-11-2006, 23:25
I've been debating something for a little while.. might as well ask:

Do you prefer it how it is now, where bans are cached to srcds, OR each time a player joins, query each ban source directly?

The advantage of the second is when a ban is added, it goes into effect on the next mapchange, rather then waiting for the update interval. However, if you have a very low update interval, you will see bans becoming active faster.

With the second system, unbans become active immediately, rather then waiting for the next update cycle.

With the second system, I could allow you to force it to recheck everyones steamid, kind of like the current update timer.. this would give you the advantage of the first, without requiring all bans to be cached to srcds.

Basically:
Current system:
One web request each update interval.
Bans are stored locally on srcds.
If the web server is down, currently banned players will remain banned.
Less load on web server, more on game server.

Proposed system:
One web request when each player joins.
Bans are not stored on srcds.
If the web server is down, currently banned players will be allowed on the server until the web server comes back up.
More load on web server, less load on game server.

It all comes down to, where do you want the load? The web server, or the game server? Though, as far as the actual load.. seeing if a person is banned is far less work then displaying even one forum page. So you probably wouldn't see a major usage increase on the web server.

ShadoX
11-12-2006, 01:57
That proposed system sounds alot better to me, especially since we can't run this plugin the old way (don't worry, its a fault on our end and no one will fix it :()

Getting this working would be fantastic for our servers, any ideas how long something like this would take?

otstrel
11-12-2006, 03:52
Do you prefer it how it is now, where bans are cached to srcds, OR each time a player joins, query each ban source directly?
Due to high load at work I was out of this thread for couple of months and the funny thing is that I was thinking about coming up this is very suggestion :)
I heartily welcome an idea of discarding caching as it will eliminate an extra layer of complexity - I still receieve complains about bans still being active though expired in amxbans.
So you have my vote for the new approach! 8)

Few notes while I'm here, sorry if these were addressed already.
1. In ban added by console command admin name is shown only in ban details, not on the main list - a bit inconvenient.
2. Game name which is used as a filename for game icons currently include colon which is not allowed on Windows platform so we cannot show proper icon for Counter-Strike: Source
3. global_ban sometimes fails to work with something like "nice try" error message which I suppose indicate lack pf privileges which is not true. You may need to try it few times to make it work.
4. Right now it is quite easy to add wrong ban, especially considering that ugly bug when last character of selected string in console is not copied into clipboard. I would suggest to make default mode for global_ban to ban only players currently playing on the server. To ban someone in his absence an extra argument can be used.

But even with all its small quirks this plugin still shines! We built centralized ban system around amxbans and this plugin so every offender once banned on any server is banned on every other server we have (about twenty in total). A lot of surprise to many of them.
Great work, devnull, much appreciated! :)

Mad.Eagle
11-13-2006, 03:05
i vote for Proposed system, of course! =)
it's look like more powerful.

lowing of game server loading - is one of (i think so) primary objectives...
it can decrease ping and chokes of server users =)

freak2004
11-13-2006, 05:03
i vote too for Proposed system.

MuXeu
11-13-2006, 08:47
1) Linux FC4
mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.11,
Globalbans v0.16b2

The root dir to Globalbans:
/var/www/html/Globalbans/

In banlist.cfg:
banlist_url "http://localhost/Globalbans/plugin/getupdates.php"
banlist_add_url "http://localhost/Globalbans/plugin/addban.php"
banlist_sqliteupdate 0

In config.php:
$temp_path = "/var/www/html/Globalbans/temp/

In logs:
[BL] Update failed, no update servers found

addons/banlist/data/database.sq:
SQLite format 3.^.^^.@ ...
...............^...^...........^............. ...........................^^Э
...^^Е.^Е^Т.................................. ...............................
What's wrong?

2) Whether probably to hope, the plug-in will work with IP for LAN servers?

Mad.Eagle
11-13-2006, 13:22
0.16b3 - server load too high... =( )
at every event of check for connected users my servers (3, all for 20 slots) are stops and lag all ingame users...

m.b. i use a wrong version of files..?

=(

1. :cry: please upload full (with all needed files) 0.16b3
2. how can i tune plugin-to-db query period (increase)?

devicenull
11-13-2006, 15:40
In banlist.cfg:
banlist_url "http://localhost/Globalbans/plugin/getupdates.php"
banlist_add_url "http://localhost/Globalbans/plugin/addban.php"
banlist_sqliteupdate 0

It's "banlist source_add", not "banlist_url"

MuXeu
11-13-2006, 17:04
Thanks.. But now:
World triggered "Round_Start"
[BL] URL:
[BL] UpdateLoc: /home/muxeu/shlds_l/cstrike/addons/banlist/data/temp.banlist
[BL] Downloading banlist updates
[BL] Download failed with error code CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST (6)
[BL] Update complete

devicenull
11-13-2006, 19:23
Thanks.. But now:
World triggered "Round_Start"
[BL] URL:
[BL] Update complete

What command did you use?
banlist source_add "http://whatever"
Note the quotes, they are important.

MuXeu
11-14-2006, 01:33
U r right ;) It was slashes. Now I have:

[BL] URL:
[BL] URL: http://localhost/Globalbans/plugin/getupdates.php
[BL] Update complete
[BL] Download complete - CURLE_OK (0)
[BL] Update complete
Am I so stupid? :)

devicenull
11-14-2006, 22:34
Try 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost

germannavy
11-16-2006, 03:31
which version should i use ?

1.15 or this: http://devicenull.org/files/banlist-0.16b2.tar.gz

can we use the amxbans frontend v 5.0 ?

freak2004
11-16-2006, 08:55
Yes amxbans 5.0 Works !

devicenull
11-17-2006, 17:24
You might as well use 0.16. It's considered beta, but I don't know of any bugs that exist with it.

Mad.Eagle
11-23-2006, 07:46
have news about new version? =)

Hollanda
11-30-2006, 19:27
I finally got a piece of this wonderfull plugin working, the amxban part =)

http://banlist.onlydutch.nl)

$temp_path = "/home/banlist/domains/bans.onlydutch.nl/public_html/plugin/temp/"

Is this correct?
http://banlist.onlydutch.nl/phpinfo.php

Also I have this warning when I login:

Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

I tested banning myself, but I can still enter the server...

Hollanda
12-04-2006, 12:17
Hm ok, after I force an update I get this in console:

L 12/05/2006 - 07:10:33: [BL] Update url is http://banlist.onlydutch.nl/plugin/getupdates.php
L 12/05/2006 - 07:10:33: [BL] Downloading banlist updates
L 12/05/2006 - 07:10:33: [BL] Download complete - CURLE_OK (0)
L 12/05/2006 - 07:10:33: [BL] Update complete

I banned myself: http://banlist.onlydutch.nl/ban_details.php?bid=52

But I can still get ingame and play...

Als the temp.banlist file is empty, whatever I try.

kingfisher
12-05-2006, 08:38
Is this plug-in will work ever with IP for LAN servers?

Hollanda
12-06-2006, 22:19
..:: BUMP ::..

devicenull
12-06-2006, 22:25
Hm ok, after I force an update I get this in console:

I banned myself: http://banlist.onlydutch.nl/ban_details.php?bid=52

But I can still get ingame and play...

Als the temp.banlist file is empty, whatever I try.

Try the beta version, posted a few posts up.

Hollanda
12-06-2006, 22:35
Tried that but can't even force a update then (with .15 I can):

L 12/07/2006 - 03:46:43: [BL] Update failed, no update servers found
L 12/07/2006 - 03:46:58: [BL] Update failed, no update servers found
L 12/07/2006 - 03:47:13: [BL] Update failed, no update servers found
L 12/07/2006 - 03:47:28: [BL] Update failed, no update servers found
L 12/07/2006 - 03:47:43: [BL] Update failed, no update servers found

Hollanda
12-11-2006, 11:45
.....::::: BUMP :::::.....

tcviper
12-12-2006, 09:28
If you use the steambans plugin guys you dont need this, then you can use an extra option called sb_amxbansurl and use that for your own banlist and the SB plugin will check your own dbase aswell.

and Hollanda stop the bumping please.

freak2004
12-12-2006, 10:41
Yes,its Right but with banlist plugin i can ban from ingame ... to web frontend

Hollanda
12-12-2006, 18:33
Lol why can't I bump if I have to waith for days for an answer? I see the TS has been online but no answer, that looks like a legitimate bump.

But I'd rather use amxbans separate from steambans, steambans has the disadvantage that their plugin servers go down once in a while which means I have to delete steambans plugin from my servers or nobody can connect.

Í'd rather just keep it ontopic here.

devicenull
12-13-2006, 04:30
Tried that but can't even force a update then (with .15 I can):

Use "banlist source_add", instead of "banlist_url"

Hollanda
12-13-2006, 08:14
Ok!

Ik get this in consolelog:

L 12/13/2006 - 13:03:36: [BL] VServers: Adding http://banlist.onlydutch.nl/plugin/getupdates.php
L 12/13/2006 - 13:03:36: [BL] No update servers found
L 12/13/2006 - 13:03:36: [BL] URL: http://banlist.onlydutch.nl/plugin/getupdates.php
L 12/13/2006 - 13:03:36: [BL] UpdateLoc: D:\Gameservers\server4.onlydutch.nl\cstrike/addons/banlist/data/temp.banlist
L 12/13/2006 - 13:03:36: [BL] Downloading banlist updates
L 12/13/2006 - 13:03:37: [BL] Download complete - CURLE_OK (0)
L 12/13/2006 - 13:03:37: [BL] Update complete

But I can still connect myself :?

temp.banlist file is emtpy too

Hmm this is strange, check this line:
L 12/13/2006 - 13:03:36: UpdateLoc: D:\Gameservers[B]\server4.onlydutch.nl\cstrike/addons/banlist/data/temp.banlist

Gameservers: Windows
Banlist hosting: Linux

devicenull
12-16-2006, 22:00
Do you actually have a config.php?
http://banlist.onlydutch.nl/plugin/config.php
Shows you have an error in your config.php, meaning getupdates.php isn't actually loading.

Hollanda
12-17-2006, 00:10
Yes there is a config.php file on the webserver.

Line 21 is this:

$min_repeat = 1;

This is my full config.php

<snip, let's not post the full config on a public forum>

devicenull
12-17-2006, 00:19
$temp_path = "/home/banlist/domains/banlist.onlydutch.nl/public_html/plugin/temp/"

Semicolon after that line.

Hollanda
12-17-2006, 00:36
Ok it's gettings the bans on the server now, but I'm not getting dropped from the server when I connect...

It looks like I'm the only one in the world using version 0.16b2, so I'm gonna reverse back and test with some older versions:

http://game-monitor.com/search.php?search=banlist_version=&type=variable

In the amx webadmin part I can monitor the servers. I currently have 10 servers being monitored bij banlist but ALL servers show the same ip's in the webpart, just the 2 main ip's from the 2 network connections, while they all have their own ip, port 27015 and set as cvar's in server.cfg file.

w00t 0.16b3 is working, YESS

Edit:

I'm getting this error on some servers (not all);

L 12/18/2006 - 04:10:48: [BL] Update error, failed to execute query (
L 12/18/2006 - 04:10:48: [BL] Update error, failed to execute query (

Also the database.sq files on these servers are growing rapidly, seen over 12 mb allready (after just a few hours).

germannavy
12-18-2006, 07:15
if i type meta list in console i see v0.16b2, but in hlsw it shows banlist_version=0.16b1

i think itīs only with linux binarie
windows binarie shows the right version

Hollanda
12-18-2006, 20:12
Ok, I figured it out, the 0.16b3 version is spamming the .sq file (35 mb in less than 24 hrs), which makes the server lag extremely, 0.16b2 & 0.16b1 work fine though.

Hollanda
12-22-2006, 02:39
Hm very strange, I didn't change anything but banned players can connect again and check this: http://banlist.onlydutch.nl/plugin/getupdates.php

Port or time missing

raydan
12-22-2006, 05:56
adding bans on server not work

How to use add ban in server? i was add banlist_add_url and banlist_add_update to 1.

use which ban shlould work? i try rcon banid and ma_ban

Nolongerinthegame
12-23-2006, 13:46
Have a problem

I am having issues
I have meta mod source running fine..

And the plugin is running fine

But i have this: http://www.dragonrock.co.uk/amxbans/plugin/getupdates.php

http://www.dragonrock.co.uk/amxbans/plugin/addban.php

Dont know whats happened there, even though the interface is working fine: http://www.dragonrock.co.uk/amxbans/

However, when i start the server - the banlist does get updated

Furtheremore:
You are not authorized to add bans.. Nice try
(whilst ingame) :(

Even though my access powers are set up as below...

chumly
12-24-2006, 17:51
GlobalBans is installed and running on a linux box here...
However, I don't see a command list, could someone please compile a list of commands for rcon / chat?

Also, this version is a massive cpu hog. server jumped from 10-20% to 80-130%, even after it had succesfully downloaded the empty DB.

I think your best bet is to have a var for updating at map change, or by time. ( some servers run 24/7 without map change... ) then at map change retreive the list, and reload the db. Then check players at player_activate.

Really looking forward to a working global ban list! :)

Thanks!
Chumly

L. Duke
12-24-2006, 21:06
130% ????

PrefeX
12-25-2006, 11:20
Have a problem

I am having issues
I have meta mod source running fine..

And the plugin is running fine

But i have this: http://www.dragonrock.co.uk/amxbans/plugin/getupdates.php

Dont know whats happened there, even though the interface is working fine: http://www.dragonrock.co.uk/amxbans/

However, when i start the server - the banlist does get updated

Furtheremore:
You are not authorized to add bans.. Nice try
(whilst ingame) :(

Even though my access powers are set up as below...

you should read the configfile... if im not wrong, the default access flag on this plugin is 1

Nolongerinthegame
12-25-2006, 12:42
Ive changed the flag to 1. Thanks very much for this..

Banning is working and disconnect is working - but these pages still look a bit odd.

http://www.dragonrock.co.uk/amxbans/plugin/getupdates.php

Could this be a database issue?

Also lets say i ban someone . with reason porn spray , this comes up fine on the amxbans website, but in console, it says global banlist. anyway to change this on a one 2 one basis?

PrefeX
12-25-2006, 20:19
Ive changed the flag to 1. Thanks very much for this..
no problem :)

Banning is working and disconnect is working - but these pages still look a bit odd.

http://www.dragonrock.co.uk/amxbans/plugin/getupdates.php

Could this be a database issue?

this is normal... you shall not access those files in your browser...

Also lets say i ban someone . with reason porn spray , this comes up fine on the amxbans website, but in console, it says global banlist. anyway to change this on a one 2 one basis?
you can change the banmessage in the config, but you can't get it to show why youre banned.
You can always change the banmessage to "You are banned on this server. Visit http://amxbansurl to see why"... that should do it :)

PrefeX
12-25-2006, 20:25
i got a strange bug...
everytime i use "log on", the script start spamming my console with updating, over and over again untill i turn off log... then it works normaly with 1update an hour...

anyone else have this problem?

raydan
12-26-2006, 07:44
no problem :)

this is normal... you shall not access those files in your browser...

you can change the banmessage in the config, but you can't get it to show why youre banned.
You can always change the banmessage to "You are banned on this server. Visit http://amxbansurl to see why"... that should do it :)

what command should be use ingame add ban? rcon banid or ma_ban or what?

Nolongerinthegame
12-26-2006, 12:18
what command should be use ingame add ban? rcon banid or ma_ban or what?

For the global banlist mod you use:

global_ban <duration> "Steam ID" "reason"

The steam ID and the reason rememeber must be in quotes

Grottenolm
01-07-2007, 20:45
This plugin is just what I have been waiting for :) But I can't get the plugin to load at all :(

meta list shows:
"meta list
[01] - - - FAIL"

the Logfiles show:

"[META] Failed to load plugin addons\banlist\bin\banlist_mm.dll. Sqlite returned error code 14"

Any idea what I might have missed here? I disabled sqlite in both plugin cfg and web cfg, so I wonder if the plugin really finds the cfg file at all, although I think the path is right (banlist.cfg in <serverpath>/dod/cfg)

Windows Server
Current version of DOD:Source, fresh install
Metamod:Source version 1.3d
Banlist 0.16b3 (also tried 0.15 and older betas)
PHP5
MySQL4.1

banlist.cfg:
"//Number of hours between updates
banlist_update 1

//The URL to update the banlist from, include getupdates.php
banlist_url "http://localhost/amxbans/plugin/getupdates.php"

//The message to kick players on the banlist with
banlist_kickreason "<Bannlist>"

//The duration of the temp ban in minutes against the player, when they join the server
//-1 will kick instead, 0 is perm ban (No reason to use perm ban)
banlist_banduration 60

//The web script will either produce sqlite update files, or plain text.
//If you have PHP5, you can use the sqlite ones
//Otherwise, use the plain text ones.
//There is no reason to use one over the other.

//Set this to 0 if you are using plain text update files (PHP4)

banlist_sqliteupdate 0

//URL to use when adding bans, include the addban.php
banlist_add_url "http://localhost/amxbans/plugin/addban.php"

//Password to use when adding bans, this must be the same between the web part and the server
//Do NOT share this with anyone.
banlist_add_password "<secret>"

//Should we preform a database update immediately after someone sucessfully adds a ban?
banlist_add_update 1

echo Executing Global Banlist config file"

config.php:

"
//Connection info for mysql..
$mysql = array();
$mysql["host"] = "127.0.0.1";
$mysql["db"] = "<correct database name>";
$mysql["user"] = "<correct user>";
$mysql["pass"] = "<correct password>";

$temp_path = "C:\\Apache2\\htdocs\\amxbans\\plugin\\temp\\";

//The number of hours that each server must wait before updating.
//This does not override the svar on the actual game server.
//If they update more frequently then this, they get the old update file.
$min_repeat = 0;

//What are the table names for the ban and banhistory tables?
//These are the default ones.
$ban_table = "amx_bans";
$server_table = "amx_serverinfo";
$admin_table = "amx_amxadmins";

//If you have php5 and the correct modules installed (php_pdo, php_pdo_sqlite)
//Then you can set this to 1, and we will distribute sqlite update files instead.
$use_sqlite = 0;

//Set this to 1 to allow admins to add bans from servers
$addban_enabled = 1;

//This password will be used to ensure that the servers are allowed to add bans
//Set the svar on the server to the exact same thing
$addban_password = "6161";

//What access flag do admins need to have in order to add bans?
$addban_flag = "1";"

Grottenolm
01-07-2007, 21:07
This plugin is just what I have been waiting for :) But I can't get the plugin to load at all :(

meta list shows:
"meta list
[01] - - - FAIL"

the Logfiles show:

"[META] Failed to load plugin addons\banlist\bin\banlist_mm.dll. Sqlite returned error code 14"

Thanks for the fast help on IRC, it turned out that the "data" directory was not extracted... I created it, and then it works. Thanks!

Nolongerinthegame
01-08-2007, 12:14
Thanks for the fast help on IRC, it turned out that the "data" directory was not extracted... I created it, and then it works. Thanks!

I addd the same problem before , really odd.

It did not extract in winzip, but worked fine on winrar

devicenull
01-09-2007, 03:01
So, my plan for the next version:

Remove all sqlite stuff. Remove the on-disk cache of steamids.

Replacing this will be a in-memory cache of the last X unbanned steamids (X will probably be 15-25). When a player joins, the server will query the website. If the players banned, it will take action. The actual kick message will be determined by the website now. My intent is to simplify the plugin as much as possible, while still keeping the same functionality. The plugin will support querying multiple sources, and re-checking everyone periodically (user-set).

I've just started work on this part, so no estimates on when it will be complete.

ShadoX
01-17-2007, 20:11
sounds great mate, i'm eagerly awaiting this version of the plugin :D

I'll assume it'll also still have all the "add ban" functionality also?

Munra
01-19-2007, 09:51
got a Question

Is there a Place to input my "serect Password" Fpr the ingame ban

This is all I get

global_ban 5 "STEAM_0:x:5xxxx3" "test"

Passwords on the server and web front are the same

IS there I place I need to add myself as an admin??

Soynuts
01-19-2007, 14:31
GlobalBans is installed and running on a linux box here...
However, I don't see a command list, could someone please compile a list of commands for rcon / chat?

Also, this version is a massive cpu hog. server jumped from 10-20% to 80-130%, even after it had succesfully downloaded the empty DB.

I think your best bet is to have a var for updating at map change, or by time. ( some servers run 24/7 without map change... ) then at map change retreive the list, and reload the db. Then check players at player_activate.

Really looking forward to a working global ban list! :)

Thanks!
Chumly

I get the exact same thing on my linux box. I have a quad core system, so have 4 servers running. The 2 I tried putting it on 2 of the cores read as 90-130% when it would normally be 40% at most with it full.

I've also been having a problem with it seeing my servers as coming from the same ip on the webpage. They all have separate ips, but it ends up using my base ip address for some reason instead of the ip I gave the server. So when I do a forceupdate on 1 server it overwrites the server info in the database. Then I do a forceupdate on a 2nd server, it overwrites the same server info again.

SWE_Bert
01-26-2007, 14:28
Can't get my server to work with my site (update), do you need to have a certain port open. Im running Linux.

SWE_Bert
01-29-2007, 12:35
I got my server working with site. When I add a ban on the site I can see that my servers are downloading the file with the steamid in it. But the player who is ban can still play. Also I can't ban player in-game.

Just says:

My server:
Linux
Banlist v016b2

Web server:
AmxBans 5.0, banlist 0.16b2 and web part v0.4
Linux
PHP-version: 4.4.3

Amx-admins:
Nickname/SteamID/IP: STEAM_0:0:3230373
empty
empty
Flag 1
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3230373
Nickname: Bertzored

Config.cfg

$temp_path = "/home/swebert/public_html/amxbans/plugin/temp/";
$min_repeat = 0;
$ban_table = "amx_bans";
$server_table = "amx_serverinfo";
$admin_table = "amx_amxadmins";
$use_sqlite = 0;
$addban_enabled = 1;
$addban_password = "******";
$addban_flag = "1";

Please help, :|

Depodra
02-05-2007, 06:57
Hi devicenull, I'm a Senior Administrator with the Australian Source Public Bans list (www.auspb.com) (http://www.auspb.com%29), and was wondering if there's away to get around linux servers running 4+ hlds's from the same installation. 3FL - a prominent counter-strike source community in Australia uses this method to run their servers, as well as GameArena ( www.gamearena.com.au (http://www.gamearena.com.au) ). Both server providers are given bandwidth and are payed for by large ISPs such as Telstra and ii-Net. The plugin installs correctly, and works, but as soon as any of the servers change a cvar, the server crashes due to "segmentation faults".

We have your plugin running successfully on 17 different servers at the moment, but need it to work with these major communities to both decrease cheaters, and increase our reach.

Thanks for the help,
Depodra - AusPB Administration.

devicenull
02-05-2007, 15:18
The best way around that problem is for me to release the next version of the plugin, where nothing is saved on the server, and each time a player joins, it checks the web site directly. There's a few things stopping me: The plugin crashes the server when it's unloaded, and theres no "global_ban" command. Once I fix the crashing problem, I can release new binaries.

Depodra
02-05-2007, 18:39
Excellent, can't wait!

P.S: global_ban is restricted the way we're using it (of course), and I'm almost certain nobody will be unloading the plugin anytime soon. - Also, getting bans directly from the website will allow us to delete bans from amx, instead of unbanning right?

imported_sparky
02-05-2007, 22:31
Do you ever forsee an in game menu for this plugin??

Nolongerinthegame
02-07-2007, 09:29
I have a problem someone cant get on our servers because he is banned (not vac banned ive seen him on other servers_ the problem is his steam id is not in the banned_users.cfg file for the server and is not on hlsw banlist.

No steam ID record is found on the AMX banlist either and he still cant get on. I may have delted the ban one day instead of unbanning him. Is it possible to find out if he is banned through the AMX banlist somehow?

Depodra
02-07-2007, 22:17
I have a problem someone cant get on our servers because he is banned (not vac banned ive seen him on other servers_ the problem is his steam id is not in the banned_users.cfg file for the server and is not on hlsw banlist.

No steam ID record is found on the AMX banlist either and he still cant get on. I may have delted the ban one day instead of unbanning him. Is it possible to find out if he is banned through the AMX banlist somehow?

If he was previously on the ban list, and you've deleted the ban, it'll be in the banlist permanently. Unload the plugin (meta unload) and delete the files found in the /addons/banlist/data/ folder, then load the plugin. It should fix the problem.

otstrel
02-08-2007, 01:40
Under some unclear circumstances it may happen even if no one ever touched that ban. I restart my servers on daily basis and delete the contents of /addons/banlist/data folder each time to ensure that such ghost bans will not last more than 24 hours.

Depodra
02-12-2007, 01:47
The best way around that problem is for me to release the next version of the plugin, where nothing is saved on the server, and each time a player joins, it checks the web site directly. There's a few things stopping me: The plugin crashes the server when it's unloaded, and theres no "global_ban" command. Once I fix the crashing problem, I can release new binaries.

So do you think that'll be completed anytime soon? A possible release date?