PDA

View Full Version : Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

BAILOPAN
12-10-2005, 18:23
DOWNLOAD AT: http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/ (http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/#install)
SNAPSHOTS AT: http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/snapshots/1.2/

This is a port of Botman's Stripper2 (http://botman.planethalflife.gamespy.com/stripper2.shtml) utility for Half-Life 1. You can add any type of entity - hostage, spawn point, physics prop, permanently to the map. You can also filter out entities for deletion, either by specific entries or regular expressions. As of version 1.1+, you can also search and modify entities. This new feature lets you replace, insert, or delete sets of properties based on the rules you set.

Stripper:Source lets you define global rules and per-map rules. It also lets other plugins (both SourceMM plugins and Server Plugins) use its API.

Some screenshots are here:
Hostage in de_dust spawn (http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/hostage_full.jpg)
Removing physics props (http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/props_full.jpg)
Removing physics props 2 (http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/props2_full.jpg)
Replacing garbage cans with hostages (http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/replace1.jpg)

This may seem cheesy at first but users of stripper2 know how powerful it can be. Personally, I dislike physics objects in CS:S, so I made this to strip them all out on all maps, as well as game objectives for CS:S DM.

There is one console command - stripper_dump - which will write all of the map entity properties to a file in addons/stripper/dump. This is extremely helpful for editing maps.

NOTE - REQUIRES MM:S 1.8 OR HIGHER

For documentation and examples, please see: http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/

Source code is available as Free Software: https://github.com/alliedmodders/stripper-source

Freecode
12-10-2005, 18:30
Why do u always take credit for my work? <- gaben

BAILOPAN
12-10-2005, 18:33
oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that freecode spent a whole 80 seconds making those screenshots ;)

sslice
12-10-2005, 19:56
Very nice. 8)

Freecode
12-10-2005, 20:01
Finaly someone recognizes my hard, hard work

EKS
12-10-2005, 20:31
I was gonna comment on BAILOPAN needing a new GFX card, thats the worst CSS screenshot i have seen.
But i guess Freecode needs a new card aswell

Freecode
12-10-2005, 21:15
Wat? My graphic card is good. Click on the hostage picture and read the message :)

Opossum
12-11-2005, 07:32
Hmmmmm, I like the idea and I think I'll give it a try :D

imported_davidov
12-11-2005, 08:08
works fine with linux
but don't try to load it before cssdm or you 'll get segmentation error at server start

geezer
12-11-2005, 09:08
:shock: at first i thought hmmm what can i do with this then after looking at your examples i thought wtf hang on there lets see if i can do sommit with the redundant VIP maps i have with no freakin plugin released yet :P

It's not by anyway perfect as atm am just guessing ;) but i managed to remove the rescue point thats in the map and make the helicopter the new recuse point , then i shoved in a hostage but used the VIP model. Only one freakin problem he cant climb the ladder to get to the rescue zone LOL !

here's part of my as_italy.cfg

add:
{
"origin" "-584 -1800 -196"
"HostageType" "0"
"model" "models/testvip/vip.mdl"
"angles" "0 89 0"
"classname" "hostage_entity"
}

filter:
{
"classname" "func_hostage_rescue" // remove rescue point in the map
}

add:
{
"origin" "640 2112 256 1024 2368 448,0,-1" // add new rescue point where helicopter is
"classname" "func_hostage_rescue"
}

Not sure if it will work as he cant climb the ladder :P am open to suggestions,help etc... and dont say JUST WAIT ON VIP MOD coz its taking ages since the big people got involved :P

Opossum
12-12-2005, 08:43
I've downloaded and installed it. Console also says Yeah baby, it's running. I removed the ; in global_filters.cfg to activate the filter and remove the props. The entry is {
"classname" "/prop_physics.*/"
} but it doesn't work. I still see the things lying around everywhere.
Have I done a mistake?

BAILOPAN
12-12-2005, 09:00
What map?

Opossum
12-12-2005, 09:21
dust/dust2

BAILOPAN
12-12-2005, 11:01
Does the plugin give any errors on mapchange? Like not finding files?

ryker
12-12-2005, 20:30
Did you remember to put the filter: keyword before that in your config file? I accidentally commented it out the first time I used it.

Opossum
12-13-2005, 07:39
Now I've got a new server from a different host. My old sucks... Now there are no more problems, thx. :D

BoooM.TUF
12-13-2005, 14:13
would it be possible to make maps where you have, and hostage rescue, and bomb defusal? could make for intresting games.

sniper_strike
12-13-2005, 21:18
would it be possible to make maps where you have, and hostage rescue, and bomb defusal? could make for intresting games.

you dont need stripper for that

tahvo
12-14-2005, 04:38

You dont need stripper for many things but stripper is one way doing them.

trydis
12-14-2005, 12:18
possible to make Terrorists rescue hostages instead of the CT's?

sniper_strike
12-14-2005, 15:08

You dont need stripper for many things but stripper is one way doing them.

so your saying stripper can actually put a hostage rescue zone or lets say buy zone in a map because i can see it doing all the stuff you can do by editing maps entities such as physics, models, adding models, etc. but as for a hostage rescue zone or a buy zone would that even be possible?
I think that would require a map compile so u would have to have it in your map already but can someone clear this up?

BAILOPAN
12-14-2005, 16:23
I'm pretty sure it would allow you to do this.

trydis
12-14-2005, 17:48
can someone explain how the coordinates are used when using func_hostage_rescue? normally origin has 3 coordinates, but this example has 8 with 6 numbers then , number, number.

geezer said he got this to work....

add:
{
"origin" "640 2112 256 1024 2368 448,0,-1" // add new rescue point where helicopter is
}

Thraka
12-15-2005, 17:53
Just a guess but I think the first 3 numbers are the location, the next set of 3 is the way it's facing, and the other two i have no clue...

Thraka
12-15-2005, 17:54
If I put this on my server, then hook my Valve Server Plugin into it (as specified in your docs) is it possible to filter\add on the fly depending on events? OR does this have to happen at map load everytime?

trydis
12-15-2005, 18:49
Just a guess but I think the first 3 numbers are the location, the next set of 3 is the way it's facing, and the other two i have no clue...

should a hostage rescue zone face a direction? thought it would just check if a hostage is inside the boundaries. Also if number 3,4,5 was direction they wouldn't go past 360 i guess, since there are 360 degress in a circle....

Anyone else who knows what the numbers mean? why there are 8 instead of 3?
add:
{
}

Thraka
12-15-2005, 20:19
You're not talking about a 1 axis direction, you're talking about 3 axis direction. And some programs have used another point in space as the location. So you take the object and you POINT the center to the new point in space, which rotates it on all 3 axis (x,y,z) to face the point you've passed. Which is why I'm guessing the second set of 3 is a point in space.

OR now that I think about it.. The hostage rescue zone is just that, a ZONE. Which means you need to set WHERE it's located, then how big it is. So that might be what the second set is, the size of the zone..

X1024
Y _______\
2|\ /
3| \
6| \
8| _\|
\/ Z448

sniper_strike
12-15-2005, 20:50
You're not talking about a 1 axis direction, you're talking about 3 axis direction. And some programs have used another point in space as the location. So you take the object and you POINT the center to the new point in space, which rotates it on all 3 axis (x,y,z) to face the point you've passed. Which is why I'm guessing the second set of 3 is a point in space.

OR now that I think about it.. The hostage rescue zone is just that, a ZONE. Which means you need to set WHERE it's located, then how big it is. So that might be what the second set is, the size of the zone..

X1024
Y _______\
2|\ /
3| \
6| \
8| _\|
\/ Z448

it usually goes
postition , angle using the xyz

tell me if u get a succesful hostage zone working please

Thraka
12-16-2005, 01:36
So.. Uhm.. I love this plugin :) I just created a swap spawn locations and I'm about to test it :)

Download Here! (V1.0) (http://neosweb.nuclearfallout.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2)

I decided to take a few hours and create a tool (win32, .net 2.0) that can
1) Import the dump files
2) Load the CFG files that the plugin uses
3) Edit the data and save it as a new CFG

http://neosweb.nuclearfallout.net/other/stripperconfig_screen1.PNG

trydis
12-16-2005, 06:29
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

get that error when i try to import a stripper dump file...

Let me know if you successfully made a new hostage rescue area 8)

Thraka
12-16-2005, 11:02
send me the dump file you're using!

I didn't put any error handling code in yet..

Thraka
12-16-2005, 11:42
How about the plugin creates a new cvar (stripper_nextcfg) which if filled out with a value, on next map change it uses the CFG file listed in there instead of the maps name. Then after the map change, it clears it. If map changes and its not filled out, it just acts normal.

This would let people use mani's voting system to set the value. (I play dod source btw)

Vote!
dod_avalanche is next, play with:
1. reversed spawns
2. all flags take 5 seconds to cap
3. only center flag exists
4. add church flag

and each one sets the cvar

1. stripper_nextcfg = dod_avalanche_rev_spawn.cfg
2. stripper_nextcfg = dod_avalanche_5_sec_caps.cfg
3. stripper_nextcfg = dod_avalanche_center_flag.cfg
4. stripper_nextcfg = dod_avalanche_new_flags.cfg

trydis
12-16-2005, 12:32
the dump i used was from stripper_dump, not edited at all. I'll post them later, in a hurry :)

so no success with the rescue zone then?

Thraka
12-16-2005, 15:06
I don't play CS that much so I cannot help you with that :)

L. Duke
12-16-2005, 16:03
so no success with the rescue zone then?

I played around quite a bit with EntEd when I made the cs_italy chicken fix. It also edits the map entity list, just not at runtime.

I don't think you can add or change the locations of brush based entities like rescue zones, buy zones, or trigger once/multiple.

You should be able to change properties (for instance, which team can use the buy zone).

trydis
12-16-2005, 19:30
on page 1 geezer posted an example where he successfully moved the rescue zone on italy.....so should be possible. but the thing is, i don't know what the 8 numbers he used are, since all the others use 3. he used "origin" "640 2112 256 1024 2368 448,0,-1" // add new rescue point where helicopter is

Thraka
12-16-2005, 19:38
Can someone pull up CS in worldcraft and tell us what the normal origin settings are?

I'm curious if setting the entity origin like that instead of "X Y Z" actually changes the brush based entity

sniper_strike
12-16-2005, 20:18
Can someone pull up CS in worldcraft and tell us what the normal origin settings are?

I'm curious if setting the entity origin like that instead of "X Y Z" actually changes the brush based entity

entity for a buyzone is like

model "*7" and stuff like that no cordinates

trydis
12-18-2005, 09:50
i guess no1 has managed to make a new hostage rescue zone yet?

geezer said he managed to move the 1 in as_italy, but starting to think it was a lie, since he hasn't replied here, or to my PM...:(

geezer
12-18-2005, 10:45
Not sure if it will work as he cant climb the ladder :P am open to suggestions,help etc... and dont say JUST WAIT ON VIP MOD coz its taking ages since the big people got involved :P

Hmm sorry if you missread my post i did not state i had succesfuly moved the rescue zone as i dont know if it worked due to the hostage that i placed in the map cant climb the ladder to get to where i placed the zone, i'm still trying to see if it can be done as i can add the bomb carrier to italy now i am trying to make the market place the bomb target.

P.S i did answer your PM tsk tsk :P

trydis
12-18-2005, 16:13
easy to misunderstand when you write this:
but i managed to remove the rescue point thats in the map and make the helicopter the new recuse point

so basically you just inserted some numbers you think will work? because origin usually has 3 coordinates, and you inserted 8, the last 2 separated with commas. Any reason why you did that?

Why on earth didn't you try moving the rescue zone to a reachable place 1st?

PS, you never replied to my 2nd pm.

Monkwarrior
12-18-2005, 18:07
I am using this for a mod called battlegrounds 2 and it works like a shine.
So far doing some basic stuff: replacing spawnlocations and adding cappoints and other models.

Thanks for your work bailo, many players will love this.

Monk.

geezer
12-18-2005, 18:20

the reason those cords are there is because i used mani mod to get cords using the decal input which told me the cords i was looking at while in the game.....hmm still not working me thinks.

sniper_strike
12-18-2005, 18:21
like L Duke said said i dont think its possible
See these are the readouts of bombtargets

{
"model" "*39"
"classname" "func_bomb_target"
"BombExplode" "itisover,PlaySound,,0,-1"
}
{
"model" "*40"
"classname" "func_bomb_target"
"BombExplode" "itisover,PlaySound,,0,-1"
}

no orgin just model

trydis
12-18-2005, 19:06
yeah bomb sites and hostage rescue zones don't have origin settings, since they are brushes afaik.

monk, does battlegrounds 2 mod have origin setting when you use the stripper plugin?

Monkwarrior
12-19-2005, 02:10
yeah bomb sites and hostage rescue zones don't have origin settings, since they are brushes afaik.

monk, does battlegrounds 2 mod have origin setting when you use the stripper plugin?

The objects which I replaced all have origin settings, like spawns and models. I don't think I can replace objects without those settings, but I haven't tried that.

Super-Llama
12-19-2005, 02:14
Great work.

trydis
12-19-2005, 09:28
crap, wish it was like that in css :(

Thraka
12-20-2005, 23:17
The flag entity in DODS have origin properties, but no width\height\depth property

sniper_strike
12-21-2005, 00:50
The flag entity in DODS have origin properties, but no width\height\depth property

yea its a flag which is pretty much a little model sitting there

its not a box like a buyzone/bombsite/hostage zone

Thraka
12-21-2005, 12:15
Sorry, I should have been clearer... They have both.

There is a zone entity that has data about who can cap (which team) how long to cap, ect...

Then the other entity which has origin that contains model data, hud data for the flag, sound data, ect...

Thraka
12-27-2005, 15:09
Possible Bug...

I downloaded all the files from my server to my local machine's dedicated server and I keep getting

[STRIPPER] Could not find global filter file: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\s ource \addons\stripper\global_filters.cfg

But the file exists. THe path is correct, and in addition to that, no map configs load either.

Bug with the way STRIPPER locates files?

c0ldfyr3
12-27-2005, 15:54
So your mod folder is "source ", not cstrike or dod ?

BAILOPAN
12-27-2005, 23:18
There's a space after source? o_O

c0ldfyr3
12-28-2005, 11:14
Very intruiging lol.

Thraka
12-29-2005, 10:06
Ah ha you found the issue. That IS what the log wrote, not me. it's Source Dedicated Server\ so it must have trunicated the path because of the space.

The actual path IS:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\s ource dedicated server\dod\addons\stripper

The plugin loads fine, but the path is what the log complains about, and no CFG file is loaded for the map even though it exists in the maps subfolder

c0ldfyr3
12-29-2005, 11:33
EDIT: nvm.

BAILOPAN
01-07-2006, 09:10
This has been updated for Metamod:Source 1.2. It utilizes a new feature of SourceMM which lets it play nicely with other plugins doing similar entity injections (like Mani).

Rebell
01-17-2006, 14:29
Would be cool if someone could post here some files with some nice stuff on dust, dust2, italy and some other "standart" maps...

Cause im to n00bish to make own... TNX :wink:

trydis
01-20-2006, 11:36
Is it just me, or isn't the stripper plugin working after the update?

Windows server, MetaMod 1.2, Stripper 1.01.

In global_filters.cfg
filter:
{
"classname" "/prop_phys.*/"
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}

None of the things are removed :(

EDIT: guess i need to do

filter:
{
}
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}
{
"classname" "/.*hostage.*/"
}

instead....

ReHAXor
01-22-2006, 08:55
CS:S | LINUX Server | MM 1.2 | Stripper 1.01 | CSSDM | GORE | FakeClients

CFG:
filter:
{
}
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}
{
}

Not working...where is the catch ???

DanRaZor
01-22-2006, 10:54
Try :

filter:
{
}

filter:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}

filter:
{
}

:wink:

ReHAXor
01-22-2006, 17:02
Not working :cry:

trydis
01-23-2006, 04:35
ReHAXor: the 1st cfg you posted should work, as it's written like that on the homepage of Stripper. I have had the same problems as you, so i'm guessing one of the latest Valve updates messed it up.

Hopefully Bailopan will answer soon.....

ReHAXor
01-23-2006, 07:35
I did it by copy and paste <--- Not working :?

BAILOPAN
01-23-2006, 13:10
everything works fine for me. check in your log files or log messages when your server changes map - to see if it had a problem loading the config file.

ReHAXor
01-23-2006, 17:49
My cfg:
filter:
{
}
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}
{
}

My Serverlog:
[META] Loaded 0 plugins from file (4 already loaded)
L 01/24/2006 - 06:50:22: Log file closed

cybermind
01-23-2006, 19:10
Get the logs from startup where the plugins originally load. That line you posted doesn't help.

ReHAXor
01-24-2006, 02:57
[STRIPPER]
Could not find global filter file: /.../Half-Life2/Counter-Strike_Source/cst/addons/stripper/global_filters.cfg

The cfg is in directory:
.../Half-Life2/Counter-Strike_Source/cstrike/addons/stripper/

I created a folder under:
.../cst/addons/stripper/

and now it is working :wink:

*** Thx 4 ur help ***
*** Thx 4 ur help ***
*** Thx 4 ur help ***
*** Thx 4 ur help ***

cybermind
01-24-2006, 13:16
Ok, that's weird. Somehow, Stripper is thinking the gamedir is only "cst".

Edit: I think BAILOPAN needs to increase the size of char gamedir[64] in StripperPlugin::ParseAndFilter().

The gamedir that engine->GetGameDir() is returning is a full path.

ReHAXor
01-28-2006, 08:34
New probleme:

Is there a capability for stripper to remove the water ?
I am not skilled enough to do that :cry:
Any ideas guys ?

cybermind
01-28-2006, 09:53
If it's a brush entity, probably not.

rodpod
01-30-2006, 06:36
originaly stripper2 for hl1 based games could add weapons/ammo. can this stripper do the same thing?

BAILOPAN
01-30-2006, 11:58
yes. Thanks for the bug find, CyberMind, I'll patch this shortly.

ReHAXor
01-30-2006, 16:41
...it was my bug :cry:

|H-T|Helltonic HoMeR
01-30-2006, 22:34
What is an example code to add a terrorist or counterterrorist spawnpoint?
I'd make a cs_office.cfg file in the addons/stripper/maps folder right? and what would i have to put in the file?
I just need an example for a t's and ct's spawnpoint add and i can go from there.

Thx,

Dag
02-01-2006, 16:00
I just started using this plugin. All I have to say is brilliant !

|H-T|Helltonic HoMeR
02-05-2006, 10:34
OK, i did a stripper dump on cs_office. found the entity for a terrorist and counterterrorist spawnpoint which are:?
"classname" "info_player_counterterrorist"
"classname" "info_player_terrorist"

soo is this correct to add a counterterrorist player usable spawnpoint?

add:
{
"origin" "1376 3168 -112"
"angles" "0 111 0"
}

BAILOPAN
02-06-2006, 08:26
err, it should be, unless there's any extra info it dumped for that type of class.

ReHAXor
02-07-2006, 02:43
Hi,
new problem...
how can i remove "doors" with stripper ?

Plz help me

ratty
02-19-2006, 02:52
I love this plugin so much, there's no ripent that I can find that works in source engine, and its such great fun hacking in little fun things to give maps some uniqueness on your server.

I'm trying to figure out how to drop a crowbar model in a map on my DoD:S server, but I can't get it to work for the life of me. I don't mean a usable crowbar, just the crowbar, lying on the ground, or even a noclip type model would be fine too.
I tried making a prop_physics_multiplayer with the model models/weapons/w_crowbar.mdl and it just doesn't work. I know I can put in Halflife 2 objects in my server because I put in a models/props_junk/watermelon01.mdl and there it was in all its juicy goodness.

ratty
02-19-2006, 03:10
Hi,
new problem...

Plz help me

Doors are not entities, but there is a func_door_rotating entity you could mess with?

ztaky
02-23-2006, 10:09
Hi,

I am trying to configure a server, where players can choose between 3 modes of gameplay: Normal, Deathmatch, VIP.
The plugin runs (besides: mani, cssdm, gore, vip) on a dedicated Debian server.

I have some problems: Sometimes, the stripper just not working. We have bomb, and rounds when it is not paused, and cssdm_enable-d.

There are missing textures, and sections of the map. eg. you can not see through on an open door, if you go through it, the enviroments will appear, but the place, section I came from vanishes (I see the surroundings of the original map, but not the map itself).

I hope its undrstandable. I tried to create c, cs, cst, cstr, cstri etc. directory structures for the global_filters.cfg but no change.

I found in the server log, some:
Can't init props_phisycs_multiplayer
Can't init func aeroportal
and similar rows...

Thanks in advance.

BAILOPAN
02-23-2006, 15:10
It sounds like you're deleting large portions of the map. That could mess things up.

Spinner
02-26-2006, 19:38
Bail, Is there anyway to use entities from hl2mp In CS:S with stripper?

awuh0
02-27-2006, 01:02
Hi,
new problem...

Plz help me

doors.

func_physbox
func_door
prop_door_rotating

WM2006
03-11-2006, 14:30
[STRIPPER] Could not find global filter file: /server/8422/server8422-1/Half-Life2/Counter-Strike_Source/cst/addons/stripper/global_filters.cfg

How can i fix this?

cybermind
03-13-2006, 01:17
You can try this guy's fix (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=338986#31107).

ReHAXor
03-15-2006, 03:22
Hi @ all,
it is time for me to post one of my new problems :-(

I installed a new map named fy_blizzard.
Link: www.cssdm.de/fy_blizzard.bsp

Players can throw mellons to the opponents spawn point where it explodes like grenates.

A cool gatched.

But stripper filters out the melons :-(

How can is say stripper that it does not filter out the melons ???

Please help me

fingerman
04-14-2006, 00:29
Here is a question concerning stripper, One thing I liked with botmans stripper is that if the content specified, like if I make a custom decal for my map and put it on the server, it would download/upload it for the client if he/she was missing that.

Does stripper source support this, and or what is the best way to incorporate my own custom stuff for a map? Can i make res files for maps or what do you suggest.

Thanks.

L. Duke
04-14-2006, 11:53
You would have to make a res file that includes any custom files (vtf/vmt).

There is a bug in the VALVe engine though: if a client downloads a new material on connection, it will not show up on the first map. The client needs to change maps or reconnect to see the texture instead of the purple and black checkers.

collitchboy
05-03-2006, 17:42
i cannot seem to remove hostage entities. i have tried adding a cst/addons/stripper/global_filters.cfg as some have done and still cannot get it to remove hostages.

this is what is in my filters file:

filter:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}

if i do a meta list it shows CSSDM and stripper as running.

what else can i do?

sessus
05-10-2006, 01:05
any1 knows how to add boxes and those car wrecks?

and, how can i found out what the particular coordinations are in a particular spot?

sniper_strike
05-10-2006, 03:30
any1 knows how to add boxes and those car wrecks?

and, how can i found out what the particular coordinations are in a particular spot?

type getpos in console when at the cordinates you wish for the model / etc. to be added

you will get the cordinates and angle cordinates readout

x y z axis

sessus
05-10-2006, 06:46
thx m8.

What about the boxes and stuff?

sniper_strike
05-21-2006, 04:34
thx m8.

What about the boxes and stuff?
errr I know this reply is really late sorry I didn't see it sooner but yea

You need to add a model of a box at those cordinates for boxes

you wont be able to do brush based ones but most source boxes are models anyways

Anyone know hostage or bombzones yet

I saw a map that had 4 cordinates which I think was 1 for each box corner but I can' t find the map that it was on so I cant see what that was about AHHHh

sessus
05-27-2006, 02:14
Cheers. Would you happen to have an example for the boxes how it would look like in stripper format?

imported_davidov
05-27-2006, 14:34
hi,
i m using cssdm and stripper ; on certain maps like awp or aim maps, i use classical spawn points ; the idea on those maps is kipping alive the way of fighting terrorists against cts ; but many players "rush" to the other camp and then come to kill enemies at their respawns.
to make it impossible, i have an idea ; by using stripper, i'd like to create a "physic line", made of props physics at the middle of the maps , so people couldn't come into the other base
But i don't know how to do ; where could i find a list of classname i could use ; how does the origins works
for exemple, how can i make a line of physic props in the middle of a map like awp_map?

ratty
06-11-2006, 08:34
Is there a good place to post map configs?
I found a good way to stop people from exploiting some well known map holes in the stock maps in DoD:S using a few env_fire's to burn up the cheaters. :) No more under the map on argentan and on the rooftop in kalt.

WW2
07-01-2006, 15:13
Question: Ok a bit confused here, I just read about the stripper 2 utility, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is for Source, not Half life 1 and mods. We have MM 1.28-p in, is this compatable to use with that and HL1 mods?

Also I am looking to port maps from CS to DoD 1.3, and need to "add" trigger_hurt zones "where ever" I need them, for proper spawn protection, can this be done with this utillity?

I believe they are brush based ents, and so far there is nothing that can "add" brush based ents where you need them, without recompile, unless you use existing trigger multiples in CS maps, and edit them with a BSP editor, but it breaks that brushes function, and its function (play a .wav) will no longer work after changing it to a trigger_hurt.

The regular Stripper does not allow "adding" of extra entities, just editing them I believe.

sslice
07-02-2006, 02:06
Try botman's Stripper2 for HL1:
http://botman.planethalflife.gamespy.com/stripper2.shtml

quint
07-02-2006, 05:08
Is there a good place to post map configs?
I found a good way to stop people from exploiting some well known map holes in the stock maps in DoD:S using a few env_fire's to burn up the cheaters. :) No more under the map on argentan and on the rooftop in kalt.

Ratty if youve got that it would be great, i think theyve fixed the argentan one, but would love to do something for the Roof on Kalt, Churchyard, and the new exploit on avalanche

or if someone could give me an example cfg how to do this or an example cfg how to add a box etc in these locations, i can go work out the co-ordinates

thank you

ratty
07-04-2006, 03:16
Got ya covered.

http://yr.rat.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=648

It's pretty straightfoward what I did, just modify to taste.

I posted this on the official forums too just now, I'm fully expecting them to delete it because I talked about exploits. How dare I post a way to protect servers heh.

quint
07-04-2006, 07:13
Got ya covered.

http://yr.rat.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=648

It's pretty straightfoward what I did, just modify to taste.

I posted this on the official forums too just now, I'm fully expecting them to delete it because I talked about exploits. How dare I post a way to protect servers heh.

Brilliant mate, i did eventually get this going myself on Avalanche, but i could quite get the fire lined up ok and seemed to burn before getting close to it.

How are you getting your co-ordinates, i was just using mani and ma_position, but if theres a better way ..

Yeah they deleted a demo of mine not long back showing a guy using an Aimbot, oh well they have their reasons i guess.

ratty
07-04-2006, 13:56
I've never heard of ma_position, interesting.
I've been creating a local game, then type in status and it shows my coordinates. That never works when connected to another server. For some reason it shows zeros.

L. Duke
07-06-2006, 10:37
cl_showpos 1

will work when connected to a server and shows a continuously updated printout of your coordinates and velocity on the screen.

I don't think it even requires sv_cheats to be on.

ratty
07-06-2006, 15:31
That worked great! Thanks!

sessus
07-20-2006, 08:43
any idea how to correctly add 'prop_vehicle_airboat' ?? I just tried adding this entity with the coordinates, but nothing happened (stripper works fine, as hostages are added without any prpbs).

Do i have to define the model for it as well?

SidLuke
07-24-2006, 07:23
cool ;)

FlyingMongoose
07-24-2006, 13:11
There's a simple way to spawn them, but I heavily suggest against spawning vehicles, basically: there is no player model, the only way I've been able to kill someone w/ a spawned airboad/car was in garry's mod and using a rocket launcher (explosives) it becomes a mess and a lag city that's just not worth it.

There is a way to spawn vehicles w/ sv_cheats on as well...

Rommel
07-24-2006, 20:25
Question: Ok a bit confused here, I just read about the stripper 2 utility, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is for Source, not Half life 1 and mods. We have MM 1.28-p in, is this compatable to use with that and HL1 mods?

Also I am looking to port maps from CS to DoD 1.3, and need to "add" trigger_hurt zones "where ever" I need them, for proper spawn protection, can this be done with this utillity?

I believe they are brush based ents, and so far there is nothing that can "add" brush based ents where you need them, without recompile, unless you use existing trigger multiples in CS maps, and edit them with a BSP editor, but it breaks that brushes function, and its function (play a .wav) will no longer work after changing it to a trigger_hurt.

The regular Stripper does not allow "adding" of extra entities, just editing them I believe.
What I did back in stripper2 days to add spawn protection was to find a model (brush, i.e. "model" "*50")

Here is an example from an old stripper2 file I made...

}
"origin" "-1104 -2928 48"
"model" "*50"
"damagetype" "131072"
"dmg" "25"
"classname" "trigger_hurt"
}

I used a program back in pre-source days to find the brush I wanted and the model number it used. I know there is a way in source but I forget how at the moment...

Oh BTW, there is a func_team_wall entity you can use, works in DOD:S not sure about CS:S as I don't have it. It only allows one team though.

Works like this...
{
"classname" "func_team_wall"
"blockteam" "2"
"origin" "-1059 209 453"
"mins" "-200 -200 -200"
"maxs" "200 200 400"
}

For CSS might try team 1 or 2...in dods it is 2 and 3 so might be that in css if it works.

Anyways you pick a place there you want it then for the mins you specify how far in a direction you want it to go. Same for max...
The mins have to have a - sign in front of the number or the whole thing fails, the max must be positive.

Example...
The top image is a view from above, The origin is at the base of the arrow the arrow points the way the the entity is pointing.
The Bottom is from the side to show height, the center is where the two colors meet.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/romboter/dod/func_team_wall.jpg
{
"classname" "func_team_wall"
"blockteam" "2"
"origin" "x y z"
"mins" "-x -y -z"
"maxs" "x y z"
}

Anyways, now that I have shared a old secret of mine along with a new tip will somebody help me?

I installed Metamod:Source 1.23, Stripper:Source 1.01, and Mani 1.2 beta N Metamod version (DOD:S).

Metamod works, I type meta and it brings up the list of stuff.
Mani Works.
I type, meta list, and stripper is listed as running.

Yet when I put a known stripper config (rats (http://yr.rat.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=648)) in my /addons/stripper/maps/ folder for dod_avalanche it doesn't work.

I tried it in both listenserver and dedicated server.
I've also tried disabling mani and just run meta and stripper but meta says stripper is still working.

Help.

de_MarK
08-08-2006, 03:23
I've probably found an issue with Stripper. When I've tried to configure my server to work with HLstatsX, a server was crashing all time with a 'broken pipe' message if a logaddress_add command (needed for HLstatsX) was added to server.cfg or autoexec.cfg file. Disabling a Stripper resolved a problem.

kingpin
08-08-2006, 14:31
I use hlstatsx and stripper they work fine alongside (on linux cs:s)

de_MarK
08-09-2006, 03:43
Unfortunately it doesn't work on linux hl2dm with hlstatsx. At least not on my box.

BAILOPAN
08-17-2006, 00:31
I have released a new version of Stripper:Source. It requires Metamod:Source 1.3 which was released earlier this evening.

It adds a feature request from Paegus (http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=13910) which adds much more flexible syntax. You can now search for entity properties and replace/insert/delete depending on what you find.

Visit http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/ for a more in-depth look. There's an example provided which lets you replace all garbage cans with hostages.

Changelog:

2006/08/15 - Version 1.1
- Now requires Metamod:Source 1.3.
- Added new syntax for more flexible entity modification.
- Improved load-time performance.
- Fixed long paths being chopped off.
- Cleaned up source code and updated to PCRE 6.7.

dbase
08-18-2006, 06:28
I have been playing with Stripper setup on a local Linux server. I am wondering how I can remove light from various spots. I would like to remove a bunch from office. I have tried the filter command on several light classes from the dump, but the are still there.

BAILOPAN
08-18-2006, 12:47
Do you mean that they're still there, as in, when you dump again you see the properties not removed?

Show what your configuration settings and what the actual props look like in the dump file.

DeaD_EyE82
08-18-2006, 14:40
I'm using now mm:s 1.3 and stripper:source 1.1
nothing works with the same configuration.
I cant ramove phys_props and weapons.

I need this for GunGame. Look at http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7171

Dag
08-18-2006, 20:31
not working with my map cfgs anymore

Here an example:

filter:
{
"model" "*2"
"renderfx" "0"
"rendermode" "0"
"renderamt" "255"
"rendercolor" "255 255 255"
"disablereceiveshadows" "0"
"disableshadows" "0"
"speed" "100"
"wait" "4"
"lip" "0"
"dmg" "0"
"forceclosed" "0"
"health" "0"
"locked_sentence" "0"
"unlocked_sentence" "0"
"loopmovesound" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"distance" "90"
"solidbsp" "0"
"spawnflags" "1024"
"origin" "702 136 124"
"noise1" "doors/door_metal_thin_open1.wav"
"classname" "func_door_rotating"
}
{
"model" "*3"
"renderfx" "0"
"rendermode" "0"
"renderamt" "255"
"disableshadows" "0"
"speed" "100"
"noise1" "doors/door_metal_thin_open1.wav"
"wait" "4"
"lip" "0"
"dmg" "0"
"forceclosed" "0"
"health" "0"
"locked_sentence" "0"
"unlocked_sentence" "0"
"loopmovesound" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"distance" "90"
"solidbsp" "0"
"spawnflags" "1024"
"origin" "702 8 124"
}
{
"model" "*14"
"targetname" "door_1"
"noise1" "doors/default_move.wav"
"renderfx" "0"
"rendermode" "0"
"renderamt" "255"
"disableshadows" "0"
"speed" "100"
"wait" "4"
"lip" "0"
"dmg" "0"
"forceclosed" "0"
"health" "0"
"locked_sentence" "0"
"unlocked_sentence" "0"
"loopmovesound" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"distance" "90"
"solidbsp" "0"
"spawnflags" "1024"
"origin" "-92 2182 288"
}
{
"model" "*16"
"renderfx" "0"
"rendermode" "0"
"renderamt" "255"
"disableshadows" "0"
"speed" "100"
"noise1" "ambient/materials/squeekyfloor1.wav"
"wait" "4"
"lip" "0"
"dmg" "0"
"forceclosed" "0"
"health" "0"
"locked_sentence" "0"
"unlocked_sentence" "0"
"loopmovesound" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"distance" "90"
"solidbsp" "0"
"spawnflags" "1024"
"origin" "-861 896 122"
"targetname" "gate_1"
}

Dag
08-18-2006, 21:37
Based on the new advanced/filtering , should I be using "delete" instead of "filter" ?

sessus
08-19-2006, 12:03
same here. phys props do not get removed, neither with "filter" nor with "remove".

DeaD_EyE82
08-19-2006, 12:26
I use the old version until an update comes

OmenLW
08-20-2006, 11:00
same here. phys props do not get removed, neither with "filter" nor with "remove".

yup...same issue with us... all phys props are in the map even after the update and the code change in the global filter

both code blocks do nothing

Does Nothing
filter:
{
}

Does Nothing
remove:
{
}

OmenLW
08-20-2006, 11:09
and i also updated to MM 1.3 and it still didnt work... i had to go back to mm 1.2.3 and stripper 1.01

Dag
08-20-2006, 13:18
and i also updated to MM 1.3 and it still didnt work... i had to go back to mm 1.2.3 and stripper 1.01

Stripper 1.01 works fine with MMSource 1.3

DeaD_EyE82
08-20-2006, 17:48
yes

OmenLW
08-23-2006, 21:20
Stripper 1.01 works fine with MMSource 1.3

not for us

sphinx
08-27-2006, 12:34
phys props can not be removed.
hope a new stripper version will be released.

sessus
08-27-2006, 22:23
MM 1.3 and the previous version of Stripper work just fine (remove all props without any hassels).

xlkiller
09-02-2006, 12:18
i've Stripper 1.1 linux version in my server and rounds are not blocked .. Why ?

L. Duke
09-03-2006, 15:12
i've Stripper 1.1 linux version in my server and rounds are not blocked .. Why ?

Are you removing the proper entities?

(The CSSDM page should have the config info you need for this).

xlkiller
09-03-2006, 17:37
remove:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}
{
}
{
}

And round time is not blocked ... help me please :D

SideShow
09-12-2006, 04:58
Is it possible to replace textures paths with different ones.

BAILOPAN
10-05-2006, 01:49
1.1a has been released which fixes old filters not working. I apologize for the delay in this release, I'm very busy lately.

I don't read this thread often so feel free to PM me if you have a specific question.

Dag
10-05-2006, 09:57
Works great..Thank You.

sha1
10-15-2006, 03:47
Just tried this plugin, and looks like we have a lot of fun with it.

OK, I'm trying to replace all the barrels with explosive barrels, but I don't want them to give any damage to players when they explode, or maybe just 5 health.

This is what I'v done, and it does replace all the barrels, but now sure how to change the damage thing. It still kills people.

modify:
{
match:
{
"model" "models/props_c17/oildrum001.mdl"
"classname" "prop_physics_multiplayer"
}
replace:
{
"model" "models/props_c17/oildrum001_explosive.mdl"
"Damagetype" "8"
"minhealthdmg" "0"
"ExplodeDamage" "0"
"dmg" "0"
"physdamagescale" "0"
}
}
Can anyone help? Thanks

FlyingMongoose
10-16-2006, 14:01
Try
modify:
{
match:
{
"model" "models/props_c17/oildrum001.mdl"
}
replace:
{
"model" "models/props_c17/oildrum001_explosive.mdl"
"Damagetype" "8"
"minhealthdmg" "0"
"ExplodeDamage" "0"
"dmg" "0"
"physdamagescale" "0"
"negated" "true"
}
}

I dunno if this'll work tho, I'm @ work and can't test

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Filter_damage_type

That's where I got that.

sha1
10-17-2006, 13:47
nope, it still gives damage. I'll just leave the barrels alone for now. thanks.

Silverlan
11-28-2006, 09:17
Nice Script, and it works great. But I have a question. Is there a way to add In-/Outputs to the Entities?Seriously, Silverlan

Austin
12-02-2006, 21:18
The following gives me the m4 but no nade.
Anyone know why?
Thanks.

add:
{
"origin" "1185 80 -95"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"classname" "weapon_m4a1"
}
{
"origin" "1200 80 -95"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"classname" "weapon_hegrenade"
)

-=CsFF=- Eagle
12-05-2006, 07:19
How to make turning items/objects? Or Moving?

Thanks for answers.

L. Duke
12-05-2006, 11:38
The best way to figure out the answer to all of the above questions, is to create a map in hammer that has the entities you want (including any input/output). Make sure it works, and then open the bsp file in EntEd or EntSpy. Find your entities and you'll see how the properties need to be setup.

Remember, you can't use entities that are tied to brushes (triggers, clips, etc.). If you can place it in hammer using the entity tool then you can add it. If you have to tie a brush to an entity in hammer then you can't.

m2gc
01-06-2007, 15:35
could this possibly remove stuff in the scoreboard or just entities in maps?

el hippo
01-24-2007, 00:42
There is a crash bug in stripper if you attempt to query any cvar that it registers. (Typing stripper_version in console causes a seg fault).

Attached are the meta list, crash message, and some gdb traces. Note that I have tried removing all other plugins. I just happened to do this core dump gdb stuff with other plugins loaded.

meta list
-Id- Name Version Author Status
[01] Onslaught 0.70 L. Duke RUN
[02] Stripper 1.1a BAILOPAN RUN
[03] Mani Admin Plugin 1.2BetaR Mani RUN

stripper_version
./srcds_run: line 344: 22390 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $HL_CMD
Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Tue Jan 23 19:35:50 EST 2007: Server restart in 10 seconds

Hippo

Austin
02-01-2007, 04:57
Here is one for you.
This will turn all of the new style glass into the old style.
If anyone knows of problems with doing this please reply.
I have been using this on my server all day on all maps with no apparent problems.

match:
{
"classname" "func_breakable_surf"
}
replace:
{
"classname" "func_breakable"
}

Ghost++
03-31-2007, 02:06
Can I use this to remove the skulls dropped by the Gore MOD?

If so, does anyone have a config file for that already?

Thanks ahead of time!

Gun-Nut
04-16-2007, 16:41
Is it possible to remove all the weapons on the map? since doing DM and getting rid of AWP & Auto Snipes from the menu does not help when they are on the map by default.

Austin
04-26-2007, 04:00
Is it possible to remove all the weapons on the map? since doing DM and getting rid of AWP & Auto Snipes from the menu does not help when they are on the map by default.

Try this in the map's.cfg file.

This should remove all awps
remove:
{
"classname" "weapon_awp"
}

To remove all weapons try this
remove:
{
"classname" "weapon_.*/"
}

Here is a list of weapon names.

0: "weapon_mp5navy"
1: "weapon_tmp"
2: "weapon_p90"
3: "weapon_mac10"
4: "weapon_ak47"
5: "weapon_sg552"
6: "weapon_m4a1"
7: "weapon_aug"
8: "weapon_scout"
9: "weapon_g3sg1"
10: "weapon_awp"
11: "weapon_m3"
12: "weapon_xm1014"
13: "weapon_m249"
14: "weapon_flashbang"
15: "weapon_hegrenade"
16: "item_kevlar"
17: "item_assaultsuit"
18: "weapon_smokegrenade"

This should work. Let me know.

MC8
05-05-2007, 05:33
Hey BAILOPAN, your plugin is realy cool and useful, but I do sometimes need to load the map with another entity-config and sometimes need to disable it.
If I need to disable it I use ''meta pause ...''; and re-/load the map, but if I need another entityset I have to rename some addons/stripper/maps/.cfg-files with ftp, could you please add a server-cvar that helps me to load other entity-files?
I thought about stripper_cfgsuffix string which would first try to load ''stripper/maps/mapname.suffix.cfg'' and if not found, it would try to load "stripper/maps/mapname.cfg", dot-suffix and not underline-suffix, cause '.' is not allowed in mapname, so a stripper-map-cfg would not collide with other map, e.g. xy_name.bsp and xy_name_2.bsp.
It would be much easier and safer then a plugin that renames files on server.

BAILOPAN
05-05-2007, 14:42
I'll think of some way to add this. I can do a cvar but that comes with a limitation; you couldn't use it in server.cfg file because those get executed after the map is parsed.

MC8
05-06-2007, 04:46
Cool, I could live with that :), I would set the cvar by hand anyway before I load the map.

Chaos Llama
05-18-2007, 18:28
Edit: nm

Chaos Llama
05-18-2007, 19:39
What code do i use to make decals?

c0ldfyr3
05-19-2007, 08:17
BAILOPAN have you ever had trouble with listen servers using this plugin? My code for replacing the sky and fog works fine on srcds, but when someone loads it up in a Listen Server environment it doesn't seem to work. The resulting bsp text looks fine but it outputs the missing classname error.

Thanks.

BAILOPAN
05-22-2007, 11:13
I have not tried it on a listen server. I don't see why there would be a difference.

Obbi
06-19-2007, 14:10
Hey Bail, any news on the bug I had ??
(I mailed ya the dumpfile a few days/weeks ago)

mouth662
06-22-2007, 03:53
Try this in the map's.cfg file.

This should remove all awps
remove:
{
"classname" "weapon_awp"
}

To remove all weapons try this
remove:
{
"classname" "weapon_.*/"
}

Here is a list of weapon names.

0: "weapon_mp5navy"
1: "weapon_tmp"
2: "weapon_p90"
3: "weapon_mac10"
4: "weapon_ak47"
5: "weapon_sg552"
6: "weapon_m4a1"
7: "weapon_aug"
8: "weapon_scout"
9: "weapon_g3sg1"
10: "weapon_awp"
11: "weapon_m3"
12: "weapon_xm1014"
13: "weapon_m249"
14: "weapon_flashbang"
15: "weapon_hegrenade"
16: "item_kevlar"
17: "item_assaultsuit"
18: "weapon_smokegrenade"

This should work. Let me know.

The getting rid of all weapons that you wrote does not work for me.

L. Duke
06-22-2007, 10:08
This will only remove weapons that are on the ground when the round starts, like in fy_ maps.

Is that what you are trying to do?

mouth662
06-22-2007, 21:40
Yes that is what I'm trying to do. Currently I'm just writing it out for each individual gun, but it would be great to know how to remove all weapons for any future map additions!

Chaos Llama
06-25-2007, 00:41
Changing spawns crashes the server. On a map, im removing all the spawns and re-adding. Is stripper loaded before or after the map is loaded?

Austin
07-02-2007, 06:06
Changing spawns crashes the server. On a map, im removing all the spawns and re-adding. Is stripper loaded before or after the map is loaded?

This works fine for me.
I do this on nearly every map.
I remove all spawnpoints and add in 40 of my own so I can have a lot of bots.

Here is how i do it.
Works fine on all maps.

filter:
{
}
{
}
add:
{
"origin" "-1050 -653 193"
"angles" "0 140 0"
}
{
"origin" "-1050 -700 193"
"angles" "0 140 0"
}
{
"origin" "470 2100 -47"
"angles" "0 0 0"
}
{
"origin" "470 2150 -47 "
"angles" "0 0 0"
}
etc...

Chaos Llama
07-03-2007, 00:32
That's the same way i did it. I'm doing it on PVK II though.

Austin
07-03-2007, 13:24
The getting rid of all weapons that you wrote does not work for me.

mouth662,
Try this, it works!

remove:
{
"classname" "/.*weapon_.*/"
}

chumly
07-06-2007, 20:54
ok, I want to remove the garbage in the maps, and only the extra garbage....
So I set up the cfg like this.

remove:
{
}

Now, when I loaded the stripper, it removed the hostages and the garbage...
Why did it remove the hostages?
Or, how do I get rid of the cans, bottles, barrels, but keep the hostages?

Thanks
Chumly

Austin
07-06-2007, 23:37
ok, I want to remove the garbage in the maps, and only the extra garbage....
So I set up the cfg like this.

remove:
{
}

Now, when I loaded the stripper, it removed the hostages and the garbage...
Why did it remove the hostages?
Or, how do I get rid of the cans, bottles, barrels, but keep the hostages?

Thanks
Chumly

You need to learn a little bit about pattern matching using "Regular Expressions"

Use this, exactly like this.

remove:
{
"model" "/.*garbage_.*/"
}

This might work better for you and get rid of ALL the crap in the maps.
Put it in your /Stripper/global_filters.cfg
file so it will work on all maps..

remove:
{
"model" "/.*props_junk.*/"
}

chumly
07-07-2007, 01:55
Its not the regular expression I need help with, its the entity names.
Got a list?

Thanks
Chumly

Austin
07-07-2007, 06:05
Its not the regular expression I need help with, its the entity names.
Got a list?

Thanks
Chumly

Ok list of ents is found here:
http://www.editlife.net/entity.php

Best thing to do is grab ented, open a map you are interested in and have a look at all of it's entities...
http://www.serverwiki.org/index.php/EntEd

If you do some mapping then this is good advice too..
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=411132&postcount=142

xYx
07-07-2007, 06:50
Hi guys,

Im special i know, but...

whats the code to remove rounds from css for cssdm?

I have read through this topic and cant find it, is it ; bomb?

Hope u can help me XyX

pureHate
07-12-2007, 12:26
Is it possible to add with stripper additional spawns?

bolinux
09-19-2007, 13:31
Hi i useing stripper to remove objectivs for deathmatch on de and cs maps, but ich have this slowdown the connecting problem. On my servers without stripper connecting or mapchange is realy quick but with stipper it is very slow, some player think the server stuck and they leave.

Is there any posibility to speed up the stripper stipping thing?

Thank you for any solution.

Bo.

Electric Warrior
10-06-2007, 18:52
Will this plugin still be supported after the source engine changes to orangebox please?

BAILOPAN
10-08-2007, 11:14
Yes. I will be making an Orange Box port.

BAILOPAN
10-10-2007, 01:02
It is now ported to Orange Box/TF2, please visit the site to get it.

Electric Warrior
10-10-2007, 01:58
Thanks Bailopan, that was quick :)

KiTTeNChaoSS
10-16-2007, 23:44
On the HL2DM star_wars_v4 map I run on my k1 server there are 8 vehicles. 7 cars and 1 van. I want to replace all the cars w/ vans. I did the dump thing, and found all the vehicles;

"models/props_vehicles/van001a_physics.mdl"

"models/props_vehicles/car002a_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car002b_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car003a_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car003b_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car004b_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car005a_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car005b_physics.mdl"

Would this be the propper way to word the code? (Only 1 car so far).

modify:
{
match:
{
}
replace:
{
}
delete:
{
}
insert:
{
"scale" "0.99"
}
}

~KC

KiTTeNChaoSS
10-16-2007, 23:50
On the HL2DM map I run on my server there are 8 vehicles. 7 cars and 1 van. I want to replace all the cars w/ vans. I did the dump thing, and found all the vehicles;

"models/props_vehicles/car002b_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car003a_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car003b_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car004b_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car005a_physics.mdl"
"models/props_vehicles/car005b_physics.mdl"

Would this be the propper way to word the code? (Only 1 car so far).

modify:
{
match:
{
}
replace:
{
}
delete:
{
}
insert:
{
"scale" "0.99"
}
}

~KC
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.9.31.2:27015/banner_560x95.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.9.31.2:27015/)

Electric Warrior
10-17-2007, 16:38
A bit trivial I know, I have installed 1.1b but it still shows up as 1.1a

It works great though. :)

BAILOPAN
10-18-2007, 02:12
Electric Warrior: I didn't feel like recompiling that binary ;)

KiTTeNChaoSS: That looks okay.

Dutchy
10-20-2007, 04:47
My server crashes when I use Stripper.
OS Windows
Plugins:
-Metamod
-Zombiemod
-Mani
-Eventscripts
-Es_tools

I made a map cfg that contains:

add:
{
"origin" "1091 442 65"
"model" "props/cs_militia/dryer.mdl"
}

Did I do something wrong??

csallis
10-26-2007, 11:37
Can stripper remove any weapons dropped by players if so how would I get that set up?

L. Duke
10-26-2007, 22:17
No.

Stripper edits the map entity string, so it can make changes to the entities that are placed in the map by the map creator.

Viper2026
11-10-2007, 16:47
I'm running a counter-strike source surf server with mani 1.2r and metamod 1.4.2. I also have eventsripts, eventscript tools, and ghostchat running through metamod. The server is running on windows 2003.

When I type stripper_dump in any map, my server simply crashes. Is there any fix for this or known problem?

Eloking
11-24-2007, 17:04
I'm running a counter-strike source surf server with mani 1.2r and metamod 1.4.2. I also have eventsripts, eventscript tools, and ghostchat running through metamod. The server is running on windows 2003.

When I type stripper_dump in any map, my server simply crashes. Is there any fix for this or known problem?

Yeah...the same thing happen to me. I also have metamod 1.4.2 and I'm on Vista.

GriMz
12-10-2007, 05:48
so how do you go about stripping all spawn points and recreating them?

do i do something like:
remove:
{
"classname" "/.*info_player_counterterrorist.*/"
}
{
"classname" "/.*info_player_terrorist.*/"
}

and then add each point individually like:

add:
{
"origin" "x y z"
"angles" "x v z"
}
{
"origin" "x y z"
"angles" "x y z"
}

cant figure out how to determine proper x,y,x points.

and then i need to know how to swap buy zones as well to increase them. and how to determine proper points for that as well.

ill have to do this for about 30 maps.

i understand i have to map map specific cfg files for that, but i dont know the entity names and how to retrieve coordinates, and how they should be coded.

all i have to alter is spawns and buyzones.

Snipa_URP
12-10-2007, 16:55
I've got stripper working properly on my TF2 server, and I've been trying to add decals though it like I used to be able to do though Stripper2. I think I've found the proper classname "infodecal" but I don't think I'm getting close enough to the walls for it to work, is there some way to check if I'm screwing up horribly?

Never mind, I got it working XD

Austin
12-14-2007, 03:37
so how do you go about stripping all spawn points and recreating them?

cant figure out how to determine proper x,y,x points.

and then i need to know how to swap buy zones as well to increase them. and how to determine proper points for that as well.

If you have striper installed and working..
You strip out spawn points like this:
filter:
{
}
{
}

You add in spawn points like this:
add:
{
"origin" "-1050 -653 193"
"angles" "0 140 0"
}
{
"origin" "470 2350 -47 "
"angles" "0 0 0"
}

To find the x,y,z cords start up a lan game and run over to the spot where you want a new spawn point and go to the console and type status
This will list out your x,y,z cord.
Then copy the lines above and change the x ,y z values. (the origin line has then in this order x y z). I think you have to subtract about 50 from the z value if you want the spawn point to be right above the floor otherwise the z value from the status command will place you a bit above the floor which is ok too.

Once you are in a LAN game type this handy command.
map_showspawnpoints

This will show you where all of the spawn points are!
They show up as green rectangles. The ones that are in "bad" spots, which would spawn you into walls and things show up in red. Note there is a bug where the first spawn point always shows up in red even tho it is ok....

The buyzones are "point based entities" which means they get their size and position from a brush in the map and you can't change them with stripper other then removing them. (stripper for cz/cz 1.6 could clone brush entities, anyone listening?!)

Unfortunately for css you HAVE to have buyzones to be able to buy and your spawn point has to be in the buy zone to buy right at the start of the round. On cs 1.6 and cz if you removed all buyzones you could then place spawns anywhere and the players could buy at the start of the round... Blahh progress!

If you find out how to affect the buyzones let me know..

I have hacked a number of maps to have 32 players per side.
You can see how I did this by grabbing my striper cfg files from here:
http://home.mindspring.com/~austinbots/

Note I added the 4 assault rifles at the spawn area for t and ct (so ts can have ct guns and ct can have ts guns.) If you don't like this remove those lines from the cfg files.

I wrote a metamod plugin to hack maps by walking around and dropping weapons and spawn points simply by pressing a few keys, but I haven't had the time to work with the hl2 skd and metamod programming (yet.) When I do I want to port this plug in to mm and stripper so all you have to do is walk around setting up spawns, guns, nades, exploding barrels what ever and it saves the stripper config file for you!

GriMz
12-23-2007, 15:18
yeah the buy zone is the big thing, thats kind of what makes or breaks it.

can anyone tell us how to do this?

Phoenix2
01-23-2008, 02:29
My server crashes when I use Stripper.
OS Windows
Plugins:
-Metamod
-Zombiemod
-Mani
-Eventscripts
-Es_tools

I made a map cfg that contains:

add:
{
"origin" "1091 442 65"
"model" "props/cs_militia/dryer.mdl"
}

Did I do something wrong??
Same thing is happening on my Surf server. Server will also crash upon entering the stripper_dump command in rcon. I'd appreciate it if Bailo checked this out.

Electric Warrior
02-22-2008, 22:29
I have been using stripper on my 4 HL2DM servers for a long time now and found it very useful for adding or removing some entities from various custom maps.

Since the release of the new Metamod: Source 1.4.3, if I start Metamod via the gamesinfo.txt file, then Stripper works great, but if I try to use the new way of starting Metamod via a VDF file, my server will not start up, or just go into a start and crash loop.

I tried using the VDF method of starting Metamod, but with Stripper disabled, and the servers start up OK. As soon as I enable Stripper again the problem reappears.

I like the idea of having Metamod starting via a VDF file instead of having to update the gameinfo.txt everytime there is a Valve Source update, but I also really rely on Stripper to have my servers running the way our players enjoy.

Is the there anything you can do here BAILOPAN to update Stripper to run with the VDF Metamod start please?

steambob
03-03-2008, 18:49
Electric Warrior: are you sure you are using Stripper 1.1b and not 1.1a?
I've tested the Metamod:Source 1.4.3 + VDF file (no entry in gameinfo.txt) and Stripper 1.1b combination on HL2DM servers - works without a problem.

Electric Warrior
03-03-2008, 19:18
Electric Warrior: are you sure you are using Stripper 1.1b and not 1.1a?
I've tested the Metamod:Source 1.4.3 + VDF file (no entry in gameinfo.txt) and Stripper 1.1b combination on HL2DM servers - works without a problem.

Yes I'm using version 1.1b :)

steambob
03-05-2008, 17:32
Are you S-UK Electric Warrior (btw, if you are your maps are great :)) ?

If yes and you mean 193.47.83.200 servers, it says 1.1a :)

Mine showed 1.1b when I installed and used it.
Might be useful to try redownloading and reinstalling it?
Just a suggestion.

Electric Warrior
03-05-2008, 18:53
Yes it is I, and thanks for the comments. :)

Can I refer you to posts no's 177 and 178 of this thread. I shall of course try your suggestion, but I'm now beginnning to think that my server.dll for Metamod 1.4.3 may have become somehow corrupted in transfer, as I now can't get Metamod to start at all via VSP method. I believe you may have the Linux version which shows 1.1b but Win version still shows 1.1a as mentioned by BAILOPAN in the aforementioned posts.

steambob
03-06-2008, 10:57
Hmm, I forgot you have Windows server.

Well, just found it:
the DLL file for MMS 1.4 in the Stripper 1.1b package is in fact identical to that in the Stripper 1.1a package.

This means that in principle 1.1b should be recompiled for Windows and MMS 1.4.

steambob
03-06-2008, 20:04
Hi again,

I hope I do not get killed here for compiling the binary for MMS 1.4 and Windows :)
Anyway I do not guarantee that it works and take no responsibility whatsoever.

I attach it to this message.
I hope it works for you. I did a short test on a home-made server and it worked for me.

I've added ".compiled.07Mar08" to the version number just in case.

Anyway good luck :)

[EDIT]: for working version please look here:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=595724&postcount=204

Electric Warrior
03-06-2008, 21:21
Well that seems to work OK thanks :) Now I've just got to find out why I can't start Metamod 1.4.3 with a metamod.vdf file instead of via the gameinfo.txt

Strange thing is, a friend who also runs a Windows server can start Metamod via the .vdf file method.

*EDIT* Got Metamod 1.4.3 loading via the .vdf method now. I had to delete and replace the source server.dll

The Killer (DK)
03-09-2008, 15:14
OMG!!! THANKS alot! i was going here to post about that stripper didnt work with metamod source 1.43.. and so what? you made a fix!! WEEEEEE im just sooo happy now

the killer :)

The Killer (DK)
03-09-2008, 15:41
argh... it crashes when im typing stripper_dump in console... what can i do to fix that?? please?

steambob
03-10-2008, 09:40
@The Killer (DK):
hmm, I might have an idea what went wrong with this, but I will be only able to check this after getting a replacement for my broken HDD :( Might take a while.

The Killer (DK)
03-10-2008, 11:14
ahhh okay and thanks! . you need RAID i have bin there with a broken hdd at 500 gb argh.. hope you can fix it soon

~The Killer

BTW. im trying to learn and im getting to compiling now.. how do i compile i dll? its something with MS visual studio NET 2003 right? is that freeware? and can beginners use it?

steambob
03-10-2008, 11:50
it is described here:
http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Metamod:Source_Environment

steambob
03-10-2008, 17:16
@The Killer (DK):
Strange, I can not reproduce the crash you are getting.
stripper_dump works fine with the compiled DLL on a test Windows XP machine (different from that where DLL was compiled. I will test it on the other one as soon as get it back).
Are you sure the user running srcds has writing permissions in the stripper directory?

@Electric Warrior: do you get crash on stripper_dump ?

Electric Warrior
03-10-2008, 18:23
Crashes my Windows Server 2003 when I use stripper_dump in console.

steambob
03-11-2008, 14:33
Well, I have tried to recompile the plugin differently. The version is marked as ".compiled.11Mar08"
This version works also fine for me.

Could you try and report whether you are still getting the crash. Thanks.

Electric Warrior
03-11-2008, 17:22
That works perfectly, with no crashes using stripper_dump....thanks very much. :)

The Killer (DK)
03-12-2008, 09:07
@steambob

thanks for the guide! ill take a look at it right now! :-)

hmm i tryed the new dll with NO other plugins loaded on my server and in the same sec i type str_dump (an alias) or stripper_dump it crashes..
im running windows vista ultimate 32 bit

so now in going to try my server on a xp machine with mms 1.42 and not 1.43 and check it up and se where nd when the bug is there.

btw where du you get the source code of stripper? i didnt se it on BAILOPAN's site?

thaks again ~the killer

steambob
03-12-2008, 11:26
The problem is that I can not reproduce the failure and I do not have a Vista or a 2003 Server box.

As for the source code, you can find it here (see first post of this thread):
http://svn.alliedmods.net/viewvc.cgi/sourcemm/stripper/?root=dvander

HammifeR
03-18-2008, 19:54
Im posting this problem here since no one is able or kind enuff to help out on the irc channel. Hopefully someone else here on the forum can help.

This plugin is causing TF2 server cpu utilization to stay at 100% for at least 10secs on each map change causing the game server to appear as if it has hanged. Anyone else experiencing this and know of a fix? Or is this some plugin performance issue that cant b resolved?

My servers are on win2k3 running orangebox metamod 1.6.1. The problem exist regardless of how metamod and stripper is loaded. (I tried all possible combinations of gameinfor.txt, metaplugins.ini and vdf files)

tnbporsche911
03-22-2008, 20:12
I am running Windows Server 2003 and stripper_dump also crashes my server using metamod 1.6.1

Thanks

steambob
03-24-2008, 18:01
You can try the attached recompiled Windows-version for Metamod 1.6.1, but I do not know if it works OK with stripper_dump on Windows Server 2003. And I will probably not be able to find a reason if it does not.

The version is marked as ".compiled.24Mar08".

creativemapping
03-26-2008, 13:45
Hi first of all, Thank you very much for this plugin! It's really helping me. But i have only one problem.

I can only edit the prop_physics. But i want to replace a few prop_statics in the map. Can you or someone else tell me if this is possible. If not would it be hard to add it to the plugin?

with kind regards

boedy

L. Duke
03-27-2008, 18:48
I believe that prop_static models are compiled into the bsp and can't be removed or added with stripper. I think you can use a prop_dynamic_override to place models that are intended to be static into the map though.

BAILOPAN
04-11-2008, 21:40
Interesting about the crash -- I'll put updating this on my TODO list. It was compiled against a very early version of MM:S 1.6.

deathcurse
04-22-2008, 07:11
Hey, I was wondering if someone could answer this:

I want to run a 64 player server, however on the standard CSS maps there is only 40 spawns.

I was wondering, is there a way with stripper to add a certain amount to the Z axis on spawns and to create another spawn above the other spawn so basically you get people spawning on top of each other...So you would end up with 80 spawns.

Thanks for any help.

sirmoe
05-27-2008, 09:07
never mind

GriMz
07-02-2008, 07:29
how would you go about using this to change the sky on de_dust2 to night? is that possible?

FLOOR_MASTER
07-06-2008, 04:56
Thanks for this plugin. After the TF2 pyro update, certain maps would crash larger servers after a few minutes of play because of too many edicts created. Although the creator of the map is aware of the problem and has it fixed for the next/final iteration of the map, cp_steel_b4 was one of those maps. A simple fix is:

remove:
{
"classname" "/beam/"
}
remove:
{
"classname" "/spotlight_end/"
}
remove:
{
"classname" "/point_spotlight/"
}

deadbeat090
07-16-2008, 21:56
I read this entire thread, but I still dont understand if it is possible to add a bomb site to a map using stripper. Does anyone know about entspy? I tried using that but I cant get a bomb site to work properly using that either. I would really really appreciate if someone could show me how to do it or tell me if it is even possible.

GriMz
07-26-2008, 00:15
how would you tell stripper to delete any awps and autos that get dropped on the ground?

mani seems to have an issue with its preventing players to pick them up now, we need a better way, would stripper be that way?

HiJacker
08-10-2008, 14:52
I need little help :shock: On zm_lila_panic_v2 , there is a pipe , so every noob must camp there and zombies havent chance, prop is named models/props_pipes/concrete_pipe001a.mdl , and its prop_static , can someone help me , what to add into config to remove it ? :shock: I tried , but its still standing there.

spacedkadet
08-10-2008, 15:17
prop_statics are hard coded into the bsp during compiling. I dont think there is a way to remove them. I wanted to change the tank on dod_donner for a laugh but was unable for the same reason. Not sure if there is a workaround though?

HiJacker
08-11-2008, 13:28
Thats so pity :cry: Or, isnt any way to "seal" those pipes? I mean, like i put there a big prop in front of that, and then type into console something, and it will stay there 4ever

ChillyWI
09-11-2008, 18:04
Ok.. I'm working to replace the bomb_cart in a TF2 map with the horse model they use on the Lotus Clan servers. I have the horse model files and materials files on my computer and on the server. They're also available here:
http://rs468.rapidshare.com/files/141652344/Horse_Model.zip

The associated section in my dumpfile is this:

{
"origin" "2560 -800 160"
"targetname" "minecart_physprop"
"spawnflags" "260"
"skin" "0"
"shadowcastdist" "0"
"pressuredelay" "0"
"physdamagescale" "0.1"
"PerformanceMode" "0"
"nodamageforces" "0"
"model" "models/props_trainyard/bomb_cart.mdl"
"minhealthdmg" "0"
"massScale" "0"
"inertiaScale" "1.0"
"health" "0"
"forcetoenablemotion" "0"
"fadescale" "0"
"fademindist" "-1"
"fademaxdist" "0"
"ExplodeRadius" "0"
"ExplodeDamage" "0"
"disableshadows" "1"
"Damagetype" "0"
"damagetoenablemotion" "0"
"angles" "0 180 0"
"classname" "prop_physics_override"
"hammerid" "3102367"
}
Here's my pl_badwater.cfg:

modify:
{
match:
{
"model" "models/props_trainyard/bomb_cart.mdl"
"classname" "prop_physics_override"
}
replace:
{
"model" "models/npc/horse/horse.mdl"
}
}
I restarted the server after I uploaded the files and I know Stripper is working, but I get this:
http://img145.**************/my.php?image=plbadwater0000hp8.jpg

http://img374.**************/my.php?image=plbadwater0001gz9.jpg
As fun as that is (it still moves and heals me), it's not quite the effect I was going for. What am I doing wrong? :)

HiJacker
09-12-2008, 08:31
It not downloading to clients (players) and you too, try adding materials+models into cstrike, if you see it in game, try using Download PLugin from TechKnow (Its unaproved , but it may work) :up:

ChillyWI
09-12-2008, 10:12
It not downloading to clients (players) and you too, try adding materials+models into cstrike, if you see it in game, try using Download PLugin from TechKnow (Its unaproved , but it may work) :up:
They are downloading, though. I'm using this and it's properly causing all of the clients to download all of the files:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=69005

I suppose I should try a standard model and see if that works. :(

ChillyWI
09-15-2008, 11:58
Just an update, I tried using the cow_reference model (from 2fort) for the cart and it worked, except the model isn't solid so it won't work properly as a bombcart (I believe it uses the clip boundaries to determine player proximity). So it was there healing people, but wouldn't move. So for now I just rotated the default cart 180 degrees and we have a backwards payload bomb now. So apparently it was the horse model that was screwy somehow. I'll be attempting another custom model, and I'll post here if I get it working. Thanks for everyone's help. :)

Jokerz99
09-28-2008, 09:24
Reading all the forums post i assume the answer is no but I will ask just to make sure...

There is no way to replace the solider model with a custom skin for TF2 is there? for all players on the server

Acksull
10-16-2008, 14:49
Just an update, I tried using the cow_reference model (from 2fort) for the cart and it worked, except the model isn't solid so it won't work properly as a bombcart (I believe it uses the clip boundaries to determine player proximity). So it was there healing people, but wouldn't move. So for now I just rotated the default cart 180 degrees and we have a backwards payload bomb now. So apparently it was the horse model that was screwy somehow. I'll be attempting another custom model, and I'll post here if I get it working. Thanks for everyone's help. :)

I've been using this plugin on my TF2 server for few months now. What I've found is that adding custom content like models, sounds, materials just won't work. You can add content that's already in the TF2 gcf, or packed in the maps bsp but if it's not already in either of those it will not show up in game. :cry:

Even if you use ented or entspy to edit the maps entities directly and add custom content it will not work.

I guess TF2 precaches resources differently then other games.

Darkhand
10-25-2008, 16:57
I'm having the same issue that others are having with Stripper crashing when using stripper_dump. Strangely enough, it runs fine on a local Windows listen server, but crashes on my rented dedicated Windows server with identical setup.

Server plays Hidden:Source Beta 4b

Running:

Metamod:Source version 1.4.4.705
SourceMod (1.0.4) by AlliedModders LLC
Mani Admin Plugin (1.2BetaS SMM) by Mani
Stripper (1.1b.compiled.11.Mar.08) by BAILOPAN <-- I've tried all
SDK Tools (1.0.3) by AlliedModders LLC available versionsAll the .mdmp files break at the same place:
stripper.14.ep1.dll!0f582aac()Output:
0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000010.Trace:
0F582A2C push 30000h
0F582A31 push 10000h
0F582A36 call 0F586CFB
0F582A3B pop ecx
0F582A3C pop ecx
0F582A3D ret
0F582A3E push ebp
0F582A3F mov ebp,esp
0F582A41 sub esp,18h
0F582A44 fld qword ptr ds:[0F58BC70h]
0F582A4A fstp qword ptr [ebp-8]
0F582A4D fld qword ptr ds:[0F58BC68h]
0F582A53 fstp qword ptr [ebp-10h]
0F582A56 fld qword ptr [ebp-10h]
0F582A59 fdiv qword ptr [ebp-8]
0F582A5C fmul qword ptr [ebp-8]
0F582A5F fsubr qword ptr [ebp-10h]
0F582A62 fstp qword ptr [ebp-18h]
0F582A65 fld qword ptr [ebp-18h]
0F582A68 fcomp qword ptr ds:[0F58BC60h]
0F582A6E fnstsw ax
0F582A70 test ah,41h
0F582A73 jne 0F582A7A
0F582A75 xor eax,eax
0F582A77 inc eax
0F582A78 leave
0F582A79 ret
0F582A7A xor eax,eax
0F582A7C leave
0F582A7D ret
0F582A7E push 0F58BC94h
0F582A83 call dword ptr ds:[0F58A048h]
0F582A89 test eax,eax
0F582A8B je 0F582AA2
0F582A8D push 0F58BC78h
0F582A92 push eax
0F582A93 call dword ptr ds:[0F58A044h]
0F582A99 test eax,eax
0F582A9B je 0F582AA2
0F582A9D push 0
0F582A9F call eax
0F582AA1 ret
0F582AA2 jmp 0F582A3E
0F582AA7 push esi
0F582AA8 mov esi,dword ptr [esp+8]
0F582AAC push dword ptr [esi+10h]
0F582AAF call 0F586DCB
0F582AB4 test eax,eax
0F582AB6 pop ecx
0F582AB7 je 0F582B2B
0F582AB9 cmp esi,0F594160h
0F582ABF jne 0F582AC5
0F582AC1 xor eax,eax
0F582AC3 jmp 0F582AD0
0F582AC5 cmp esi,0F594180h
0F582ACB jne 0F582B2B
0F582ACD xor eax,eax
0F582ACF inc eax
0F582AD0 inc dword ptr ds:[0F594C74h]
0F582AD6 test word ptr [esi+0Ch],10Ch
0F582ADC jne 0F582B2B
0F582ADE push ebx
0F582ADF push edi
0F582AE0 lea edi,[eax*4+0F594A78h]
0F582AE7 cmp dword ptr [edi],0
0F582AEA mov ebx,1000h
0F582AEF jne 0F582B11
0F582AF1 push ebx
0F582AF2 call 0F58153D
0F582AF7 test eax,eax
0F582AF9 pop ecx
0F582AFA mov dword ptr [edi],eax
0F582AFC jne 0F582B11
0F582AFE lea eax,[esi+14h]
0F582B01 push 2
0F582B03 mov dword ptr [esi+8],eax
0F582B06 mov dword ptr [esi],eax
0F582B08 pop eax
0F582B09 mov dword ptr [esi+18h],eax
0F582B0C mov dword ptr [esi+4],eax
0F582B0F jmp 0F582B1E
0F582B11 mov edi,dword ptr [edi]
0F582B13 mov dword ptr [esi+8],edi
0F582B16 mov dword ptr [esi],edi
0F582B18 mov dword ptr [esi+18h],ebx
0F582B1B mov dword ptr [esi+4],ebx
0F582B1E or word ptr [esi+0Ch],1102h
0F582B24 pop edi
0F582B25 xor eax,eax
0F582B27 pop ebx
0F582B28 inc eax
0F582B29 pop esi
0F582B2A ret
0F582B2B db 33hHope this helps!

Darkhand
12-02-2008, 17:03
Still crashing as above, but I'm getting by with dumping on a listen server and applying changes on the dedicated server.

Can Stripper add Override Parameters to an entity? If, for example, I wanted to make a metal, normally unbreakable barrel breakable, could I add an override to change its material from Metal to Wood (which would allow it to break)? Perhaps then also change the gib type to metal so it's not spouting chunks of wood when it breaks?

EDIT:

Something along the lines of:

modify:
{
match:
{
"model" "models/generic/gen_model_metal_barrel01.mdl"
"classname" "prop_physics"
}
insert:
{
"overridescript" "base,Wooden.Small"
}
}No luck with the above, though. I think overridescript is expecting something different.

paegus
01-12-2009, 16:45
as mentioned previously, the easiest way to make sure things work is to slap together a map in hammer with the entity & property set and working then examine entspy's or stripper_dump's output.

though you'll want to note that if the property already exists then you can't insert it and likewise if the property doesn't already exist you can't replace it so if you're doing blanket modifications you may need to have both sections... unless the insert & replace commands can be combined nicely :)

Darkhand
01-23-2009, 12:12
Tried it out with a test map... The stripper script looks to be right, but the override seems to be the problem. I guess I'm not sure what the override itself is expecting, in order to change the model's material from metal to wood (or something else that's breakable). Not finding many override examples online, and pages on the .qt file format (which the override essentially changes) are few and far between.

paegus
01-23-2009, 18:01
in hammer's model picker check the info(?) tab under the model. modifiable parameters are listed there iirc.

mass,45,property,value,...

not sure if you can change the compiled surface type though i'm afraid.

Ydiss
01-29-2009, 20:01
Does this work with L4D and does it work with MM 1.7.0?

I'm trying to use it and it just won't work at all. I try loading the plugin and it tells me:

Failed to load plugin addons/stripper/bin/stripper_mm (Failed to get API).

It won't recognise the stripper_dump command (so I haven't bothered trying anything else yet because I'd need that to even begin on anything as there is no SDK for L4D yet).

I've installed the folder as shown:

/left4dead/addons/stripper/bin

And have added the line to my metaplugins.ini file.

I'd really like to use this plugin to manage some entities in L4D on my server.

Thanks for any help

zhelev81
02-01-2009, 20:49
i need someone to explane what to do to add more spawns for my maps ,because i got cofused here reading all this ...

i instaled the plugin ...

it seems to work with no crash ...

what exactly do I need to set to do lets say the map knas_sandland_css to have 25 spawns each side t/ct

paegus
02-02-2009, 05:30
as per the usage instruction (http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/) page...

add---

add:
{
"origin" "212.5 15.6 183.2"
"angles" "0 90 0"
"classname" "info_player_TEAM"
}

---to .../gamedir/addons/stripper/maps/map_name.cfg, altering the origin positions, rotational angle and TEAM as appropriate

zhelev81
02-02-2009, 12:10
as per the usage instruction (http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/) page...

add---

add:
{
"angles" "0 90 0"
"classname" "info_player_TEAM"
}
---to .../gamedir/addons/stripper/maps/map_name.cfg, altering the origin positions, rotational angle and TEAM as appropriate

I don't understand this :

"angles" "0 90 0"

so pls explane if I want to add to de_dust2 25 per team (total 50) what do I have to do ?

and explane what are this numbers for pls

zhelev81
02-18-2009, 11:54
is there anybody to help me make couple of maps ,,i don't understand this ...

Some help ppls

paegus
02-18-2009, 12:41
"origin" is the place in the map the object will appear on the map's X, Y and Z axes. "0 10 10" is 10 units east(?) of "0 0 10", which in turn is 10 units above "0 0 0" and so on.

"angles" is the rotation the object will have around the X, Y and Z axes. "0 0 0" is no rotation around any axis. "0 90 0" is rotated 90 around the Y axis only.

you can see these values to some approximation with your client by setting cl_showpos 1.

zhelev81
02-18-2009, 14:28
finally i understood when you explaned properly and told me exactly how to find the positions.Thank you very much I've added 10 more spawns for test on de_dust2 and it worked.

But why it says stripper 1.1a when downloaded ? it sould be "b" or I'm wrong ?

both downloads are "a" from the site and from here ,... why ?

Chaotic Llama
02-18-2009, 17:07
I compared A to B and its safe to say B, which is labeled A, is infact B :shock:

I execute a quick cfg to keep my sanity, lol

// binary is labeled incorrectly
stripper_version 1.1b

zhelev81
02-18-2009, 19:13
how do I extend the buy zones ?

Is this the way :?

add:
{
"origin" "-1108 -913 219"
"angles" "8 2 0"
"classname" "func_buyzone"
}

:shock::shock::shock:

paegus
02-19-2009, 02:56
iirc buyzones are brush entities. you cannot add those with stripper as it cannot add bsp brushes.

though i think if you remove the official buy-zones then the player spawns themselves MAY act as small individual buy-zones. not sure what happens with the brush in that case.

ultimately you'll likely just need to add the additional spawns in the existing buy-zone.

zhelev81
02-19-2009, 12:16
ok I got it working,but how can I see the current map spawnpoints and the once done from the stripper in the same time,because map_showspawnpoints doesn't show them.

I do the following,start the local server stright from the CSS and then use map_showspawnpointsand it works ,but when I use this command on the standalone server it's not working ... why is that ?

:shock::shock::shock:

Chaotic Llama
02-19-2009, 16:01
I compared A to B and its safe to say B, which is labeled A, is infact B :shock:

I execute a quick cfg to keep my sanity, lol

// binary is labeled incorrectly
stripper_version 1.1b

for a permanent fix edit the stripper.14.ep1.dll

addons/stripper/dumps....stripper_version....1.1a....Stripper Version....stripper_dump...

DiWoWo
02-25-2009, 13:45
Does anyone successfully added new Hostage Rescue Zones with Stripper? I Still don't know how such a Zone have to look in a map.cfg, I mean wich things have to be declared.

Oh, in Old HL1-CS1.6 i used the old Stripper2 to add a Teleport in cs_italy and it worked correctly.

Here is the config i used years ago:
cs_italy_str.cfg

[add]
{
classname/armoury_entity // eine SG552
count/99
item/5
origin/11 349 188
}
// Add the teleporter...
{
classname/trigger_teleport
target/teleport_2
origin/142 273 23 // auf der Markise bei den Kisten
bbox_min/-20 -20 -20
bbox_max/20 20 20
}

// Add the teleporter destination
{
classname/info_teleport_destination
targetname/teleport_2
angle/45
origin/-133 333 188 // auf dem obersten Balkon
}

How can i Use the same in Stripper:Source? I tried it with this config in the syntax that is necessary for Stripper:Source but it doesn Work.

danielsumi
03-19-2009, 08:06
Does this work with L4D and does it work with MM 1.7.0?

I'm trying to use it and it just won't work at all. I try loading the plugin and it tells me:

Failed to load plugin addons/stripper/bin/stripper_mm (Failed to get API).

It won't recognise the stripper_dump command (so I haven't bothered trying anything else yet because I'd need that to even begin on anything as there is no SDK for L4D yet).

I've installed the folder as shown:

/left4dead/addons/stripper/bin

And have added the line to my metaplugins.ini file.

I'd really like to use this plugin to manage some entities in L4D on my server.

Thanks for any help

I am getting the same error here, L4D Server.

Fearts
03-20-2009, 06:52
OK I'm having a problem getting this to work.

I have this:

Meta 1.4
Stripper 1.1b

Meta addons:

Gravity Gun
Detox

When I have metamod.vdf or when I add:

GameBin |gameinfo_path|addons/metamod/bin

to gameinfo.txt Stripper doesn't work and my other meta addons do.

However, if I don't have those one of those two Stripper does work and my other meta addon don't work.

I have also tried this with meta 1.7 still nothing. I have tried making a stripper_mm.vdf still nothing. Can anyone help me?

danielsumi
03-22-2009, 07:19
bump

TinHead
03-23-2009, 01:50
hi, new to this stripper source mod, just woundering do i need to go thru each map and filter out everything i dont need or is there an easyer way to filter out the crap in all the maps? (nuke, inferno, dd2, train ect)

i tryd the remove props_physics in the global filter.cfg but it removes the inferno bombsite and the train bomb site.. :\

obviusly for Counter Strike source.

cheers.