PDA

View Full Version : Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

dademan000
04-03-2009, 05:12
Hmm... Was wondering if there is a way to add this to a config. I don't want Stripper Running all of the Time, I just want it to run when I want it to.

Is there a way to make it so I can type:
rcon exec stripperon.cfg and then it will remove the bomb
rcon exec stripperoff.cfg and it will return the bomb to the Terrorist team

I only want the bomb taken off when I want it off.

Any help is appreciated.

Rogers~

paegus
04-03-2009, 05:56
hi, new to this stripper source mod, just woundering do i need to go thru each map and filter out everything i dont need or is there an easyer way to filter out the crap in all the maps? (nuke, inferno, dd2, train ect)

i tryd the remove props_physics in the global filter.cfg but it removes the inferno bombsite and the train bomb site.. :\

obviusly for Counter Strike source.

cheers.

you need to find something unique about the entity. be that a model or even the path to a model.

try posting the config file you used here..

Nomarky
05-02-2009, 09:21
Hi

Been using Stripper for a long time - great plugin.

I use global_filters.cfg to remove the rocket launcher and ammunition from all maps on the server. However now I would like to add it back in for one map only. Is this possible using a map cfg? What commands would I use to add the rpg back in?

My global_filters.cfg:

delete:
{
"model" "models/weapons/w_rocket_launcher.mdl"
}

filter:
{
"classname" "weapon_rpg"
}
filter:
{
"classname" "item_rpg_round"
}

Any help greatly appreciated!

squirlhntr
05-04-2009, 13:51
Any plans to update this plugin to work with L4D?

^cloaked
05-04-2009, 17:28
Has anyone noticed any stability issues with the latest server updates when using Stripper on TF2? We are getting a lot of crashing on map change and we haven't been able to isolate the source. Just updated sm from 1.1 to 1.2 and it seems to have gotten worse. The server is on windows and we aren't running any strange plugins that should cause any instability. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

zhelev81
05-10-2009, 18:56
I run it on SM 1.2 latest server update + 1.71 MMS and my server stays up for more than 4-5 days sometimes .

I've notice one more great thing.My servers are not making any big amount of memory usage as before ... I run 3 servers on the same box and they don't eat memory at all :)

Linux X-Ubunto :wink:

Your problem is a plugin ... when you updated to SM 1.2 .. did you recompile all your plugins ?

^cloaked
05-10-2009, 19:26
I run it on SM 1.2 latest server update + 1.71 MMS and my server stays up for more than 4-5 days sometimes .

I've notice one more great thing.My servers are not making any big amount of memory usage as before ... I run 3 servers on the same box and they don't eat memory at all :)

Linux X-Ubunto :wink:

Your problem is a plugin ... when you updated to SM 1.2 .. did you recompile all your plugins ?

Yes all the plugins were recompiled after we updated. The server is currently running on windows... Hopefully that is not the cause, because we don't have the ability to change the host OS. Trying to get the mdmp files to see if that is any help. Definitely appreciate your input, thanks.

zhelev81
05-10-2009, 20:07
I used to run my servers on windows but I realized that is not good enough so I changed to linux and now I don't spend much time fixing stuff and banging my head why my servers are down 20 % of the month :)

Windows is more for playing games on,but for server I would always go for linux :)

I wish u good luck,and I trully hope u'll find a fix for your problem :wink:

BAILOPAN
05-17-2009, 12:58
I have a new version of Stripper:Source (1.2) sitting on my desktop, it works on L4D and Dark Messiah. I don't want to release it until it's tested. If someone wants to try it and promises to send feedback, please just PM me here or on IRC (irc.gamesurge.net, #sourcemod as dvander).

jockersoft
05-18-2009, 05:32
wow, since you are still developing it, can you please try to optimize it a bit to reduce loading times at map change?
Stripper:Source has huge potentials on TF2, but using it on most maps is unpratical since it takes a lot of time at change level, even with very small .cfg files on a double quad e5345 machine. Multistage payload maps such as pl_goldrush are the most complex ones.
This is not a problem for 24/7 single maps servers, but it is for normal servers.

squirlhntr
05-28-2009, 13:31
I have a new version of Stripper:Source (1.2) sitting on my desktop, it works on L4D and Dark Messiah. I don't want to release it until it's tested. If someone wants to try it and promises to send feedback, please just PM me here or on IRC (irc.gamesurge.net, #sourcemod as dvander).

:o

BAILOPAN
06-07-2009, 02:32
I have released Stripper:Source 1.2 @ http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/

jockersoft: I don't read this thread regularly which is why I recommended that people PM me. Unfortunately I didn't see your message until now so I didn't look into profiling or optimization for this release. I have noticed it is slow, slower than I'd like for only parsing 200KB of text (though maybe it is unavoidable). I don't know when I'll be able to look into it.

monkie
06-07-2009, 04:34
I have released Stripper:Source 1.2 @ http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/

jockersoft: I don't read this thread regularly which is why I recommended that people PM me. Unfortunately I didn't see your message until now so I didn't look into profiling or optimization for this release. I have noticed it is slow, slower than I'd like for only parsing 200KB of text (though maybe it is unavoidable). I don't know when I'll be able to look into it.
Congratulations. There will be another version for performance optimization, isn't it :P

AtomicStryker
06-08-2009, 11:51
BEST L4D PLUGIN THERE EVER WAS!!!!!

You can use

filter:
{
"classname" "func_playerinfected_clip"
} in globalconfig.cfg to delete all the pesky invisible hunter walls! WOOT!!!

Blood Harvest, Death Toll and Dead Air massively gain fun in doing so

ColdnessCalms
06-08-2009, 22:42

You can use

filter:
{
}

filter:
{
"classname" "func_illusionary"
}to delete all the pesky invisible hunter walls! WOOT!!!

Which walls are those? The invisible ones with the red circle and cross through it? Why delete those :S

AtomicStryker
06-09-2009, 04:06
The ones causing so much grief specifically in Death Toll and Dead Air maps, those who block off so many roofs for no good reason.

You're right, the second filter removes those with the 'stop' logo - i just wanted to be thorough. You can use just the first if you want, i havent tried it.

ColdnessCalms
06-09-2009, 23:16
The ones causing so much grief specifically in Death Toll and Dead Air maps, those who block off so many roofs for no good reason.

You're right, the second filter removes those with the 'stop' logo - i just wanted to be thorough. You can use just the first if you want, i havent tried it.

Ah, I see :)
Thanks for the help btw, on this and l4dtoolz :)

triggerman
06-10-2009, 12:30
HI, iv been trying to block off the area under the pipe in DA3 with a dead cow.

add:
{
"origin" "-6690 -1090 0"
"model" "models/props_debris/dead_cow.mdl"
"classname" "prop_dynamic"
}i tried putting that into l4d vs airport3 garage.cfg in addons/stripper/maps/
but that didnt do anything. can anyone please show me the proper way to add props in.

i have metamod 1.7 and stripper 1.2 installed.

Hardcor3
06-10-2009, 13:10

add:
{
"origin" "-6690 -1090 0"
but that didnt do anything. can anyone please show me the proper way to add props in.

i have metamod 1.7 and stripper 1.2 installed.

you used spaces in the file name and not underscores?

needs to be l4d_vs_airport03_garage.cfg if u used spaces instead of _

triggerman
06-10-2009, 13:33
you used spaces in the file name and not underscores?

needs to be l4d_vs_airport03_garage.cfg if u used spaces instead of _

i do have underscores in the filename i just used spaces in the post because coping and pasting the file name makes a link which shows the login info for my server.

then again why i didnt use underscores in the post i dont know :oops:

the file is called: l4d_vs_airport3_garage.cfg

thanks for the input though

Naow
06-13-2009, 13:23

You can use

filter:
{
}

filter:
{

where do I put this ??

-999-
06-13-2009, 15:47
In mapname.cfgs (ie; l4d_vs_airport3_garage.cfg) for all the maps that you want to remove those, then put those in the maps folder. You only have to use the top one to remove the roof blocking.

AtomicStryker
06-14-2009, 05:44
Or use left4dead\addons\stripper\global_condig.cfg - since theres no point in these walls, on any map. Unless you're annoyed by crappy unfinished mapmaking.

Naow
06-14-2009, 16:29
Thanks guys ;)

ColdnessCalms
06-14-2009, 22:51

You can use

filter:
{
}

filter:
{

Just so we know, this caused me sever problems with various parts of the death toll campaign not rendering properly.

AtomicStryker
06-15-2009, 03:54
Try using just the first filter, or else (if its a stripper bug) anything they suggested here

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93007

Molli
06-22-2009, 11:55
-------------

Molli
06-22-2009, 11:56
Is this right?
its doesnt do anything :P

de_dust2.cfg:

add:
{
"origin" "1419 1597 54"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"classname" "model" "models/props/de_dust/du_crate_96x96.mdl"
}

Thraka
06-23-2009, 15:37
I think you want this

add:
{
"origin" "1419 1597 54"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"classname" "prop_static"
"model" "models/props/de_dust/du_crate_96x96.mdl"
}

Ydiss
06-23-2009, 18:59

add:
{
"origin" "-6690 -1090 0"

i have metamod 1.7 and stripper 1.2 installed.Hi :)

It's working fine for me, I even used the exact same model and classname, only used a different origin on NM1 right at the spawn for testing.

A note, to make it solid you need to add "solid" "6".

I hope you work it out. I'm about to block off all sorts of annoying spots now :) Thanks to the author, this is amazing work.

Thraka
06-24-2009, 14:20
I just use an invisible block:

add:
{
"origin" "-6855 -1058 62"
"mins" "-275 -10 -20"
"maxs" "275 10 30"
"initialstate" "1"
"BlockType" "0"
"classname" "env_player_blocker"
"hammerid" "8825743"
}

triggerman
06-25-2009, 18:23
Hi :)

It's working fine for me, I even used the exact same model and classname, only used a different origin on NM1 right at the spawn for testing.

A note, to make it solid you need to add "solid" "6".

I hope you work it out. I'm about to block off all sorts of annoying spots now :) Thanks to the author, this is amazing work.

thanks man. i got it working now and thanks for the tip about making it solid, didnt know that.

Molli
06-26-2009, 10:14
I think you want this

add:
{
"origin" "1419 1597 54"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"classname" "prop_static"
"model" "models/props/de_dust/du_crate_96x96.mdl"
}

tanx, but that didnt work.

Ydiss
06-27-2009, 08:57
tanx, but that didnt work.Use "prop_dynamic" and also "solid" "6" and it should work for you, providing you have up to date MM and also you're using the correct stripper version (linux or windows). I tested my stripper scripts on my local (windows) machine and, initially, forgot to upload the linux version of the stripper to my rented server - school boy error :)

Molli
06-28-2009, 03:29
Use "prop_dynamic" and also "solid" "6" and it should work for you, providing you have up to date MM and also you're using the correct stripper version (linux or windows). I tested my stripper scripts on my local (windows) machine and, initially, forgot to upload the linux version of the stripper to my rented server - school boy error :)

NOW its working :)

+ karma

LinktoInsanity
06-30-2009, 11:19

You can use

filter:
{
}

filter:
{
}

to delete all the pesky invisible hunter walls! WOOT!!!

I've been trying to find out which file to add it to. Do you add it to the map cfg file in the maps folder or elsewhere?

Ydiss
06-30-2009, 12:29
I've been trying to find out which file to add it to. Do you add it to the map cfg file in the maps folder or elsewhere?You can add it to the global.cfg file, which will apply the filter to all maps, or you can create a map file in the maps folder, name it mapname.cfg (no spaces, exact map name) and put those lines into the file. When that specific map runs it'll run the config file and apply the filters but only for that map.

AtomicStryker
06-30-2009, 15:55
But be sure to just use the first part, or youll suffer graphical corruption in some maps.

I shouldve probably edited the useless second part out earilier, my bad :oops:

Thraka
07-01-2009, 11:22
Does anyone else have long load times with this plugin? I find this plugin as absolutely NEEDED for L4D. But the changelevel load times on my server change from 1-5 seconds to 30-90+ when this plugin is on the server :(

Ydiss
07-01-2009, 12:40
The load times can be excessive on the larger maps. Bailopan, do you know if there's a reason why the load times can be so excessive? I understand this would add to load times, but it seems like on some maps (even with no filters set) the loading pauses for absolutely ages.

Is there some optimisation issue?

Ydiss
07-01-2009, 17:55
By the way, I've used Stripper with L4D to create a whole batch of L4D config files to help improve many of the standard maps.

I've, of course, credited BAILOPAN, for the excellent Stripper. If anyone's interested they're welcome to have a look here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=907695

All the features are in there.

Thanks again, BAILOPAN.

olj
07-03-2009, 08:43
Good work Ydiss. I will install this asap. Btw how can i know what is my current coordinates in game. If i want to add something with this plugin i shud know coordinates of a placement.

LinktoInsanity
07-03-2009, 10:08
Good work Ydiss. I have an edited 1.4 running on my servers atm. Here's one for anyone wishing to test it out: 85.234.148.240:27145 (use the ms_force command to connect to it)

Note that loading times are increased slightly and fps can drop a little ingame, but the trade off for the improved gameplay is well-worth it.

Ydiss
07-03-2009, 14:14
Good work Ydiss. I will install this asap. Btw how can i know what is my current coordinates in game. If i want to add something with this plugin i shud know coordinates of a placement.getpos tells you the current coordinates of your character (at about eye level). It also shows your angles, too.

If you want, you can also use setpos to go to a coordinate location quickly (this is very helpful when finding a problematic model).

This is what I do to set up a map for finding and placing items:

sv_cheats 1
sb_stop 1
map <mapname>
director_stop
noclip

Then use setpos and getpos - add an item, then keep saving it, running the map (you don't need to keep putting in sv_cheats, sb_stop or director_stop every time you run the map so long as you don't shut down L4D).

Keep tweaking until you've found the right location.

olj
07-03-2009, 17:47
Ok, thanks. Played 10vs10 versus today with your pack (i remove wepon changes though). Very nice. Btw, why you removed health cabinet from farm3 bridge, and put 1 medkit instead (which floating above table)?

Skorpion1976
07-03-2009, 18:34
Hello guys!

Iīve set up 2 8vs8 win2k3-Servers last week and found Stripper/promaps just today. I was glad and happy to see that finally I found what Iīve been looking for. I show big respect for the creators of stripper and I take my hat off to them, unfortunately there are some "buts":

1. tank spawn in finale maps is delayed by approx. 2 minutes
2. no witch on dead air 1-3, despite forcing her by cvars in server.cfg
(witch chance...). Witch on Dead air 5 only rotated on same place (where you jump off the gangway, on the left pathway heading to the weapons) without attacking anyone, not even the guy who startled her.
3. Time for map change between 30 and 90 seconds
4. All 8 survivors get switched to spectator mode, after new campaign starts.
approx. 20 seconds later my "Loadingbugremoval" activates, which waits for all players to have joined game and starts a 8 second countdown then. This usually takes place immediately after map start, without that spectator thing.

1., 2. and 3. arenīt scaring me that much, I consider them as a glitch, but the time needed for a map change finally forced me to remove it from my server. Waiting for 40 seconds and looking at the same "scores" screen..People asked me what I did to my server.

I am using MMS 171 and SM 120 with a windows2003 server. steam updates already done.

Additional plugins besides default ones from SM:
"Plugin Manager" (1.1.0) by R-Hehl
"Pounce Announce" (1.4) by n0limit
"L4D Force Mission Changer" (1.3.2) by Dionys
"Very Basic High Ping Kicker" (1.2) by msleeper
"L4D Vocalize Guard" (1.0.0) by Crimson - TeddyRuxpin
"L4D Vote Restrict" (0.2) by devicenull
"Dead Giveaway" (1.0.1) by James Richardson (grandwazir)
"L4D Loading Bug Removal" (2.0.1) by lilDrowOuw
"L4D 8 Versus 8" (1.0) by Xx_Faxe_xX

MMS Plugins:
L4DToolZ (1.0.0.3) by Ivailosp
NephDSU (1.1.0.0) by [email protected]
SourceMod (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
SDK Tools (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
BinTools (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC

The idea behind this project and the progress are great. Unfortunately there seem to be some "cross-influences" amongst the plugins (witch, tank, spectators, map change time) which I cannot identify on my own. As long as these problems persist I run my servers without it. Maybe thereīs something I can do in order to help you because I really really want this great piece of code to work properly :)! Looking at the characters while they found out that they canīt activate the car alarm from rooftop was pure fun. Everyone knows the maps by heart now... stripper would change a lot.

cheers, Christoph.

olj
07-03-2009, 21:23
It works perfectly to me. I host 10 vs 10 games and all seems good. I removed wepons change part though. I didnt pay attention how long tank spawn, witch worked on dead air 1 and 2 (shud work on all other maps also). I dont have problem with ppl switching to spectator's mode, but after all, from all list of your plugins i have only pounceannounce and L4DToolz (yet i have quite much of other plugins). Also, map change time increased by 10 seconds at most, mb you should improve your hardware and review your plugins.

Ydiss
07-04-2009, 07:19
Ok, thanks. Played 10vs10 versus today with your pack (i remove wepon changes though). Very nice. Btw, why you removed health cabinet from farm3 bridge, and put 1 medkit instead (which floating above table)?I think that's an oversight, didn't mean to release those changes - will fix it when I'm back home tomorrow - in the meantime, you can remove these changes from the config file if you want.

I did this for my server because I hate that first aid box, it seriously gives far too much health.

Ydiss
07-04-2009, 07:24
Hello guys!

Iīve set up 2 8vs8 win2k3-Servers last week and found Stripper/promaps just today. I was glad and happy to see that finally I found what Iīve been looking for. I show big respect for the creators of stripper and I take my hat off to them, unfortunately there are some "buts":

1. tank spawn in finale maps is delayed by approx. 2 minutes
2. no witch on dead air 1-3, despite forcing her by cvars in server.cfg
(witch chance...). Witch on Dead air 5 only rotated on same place (where you jump off the gangway, on the left pathway heading to the weapons) without attacking anyone, not even the guy who startled her.
3. Time for map change between 30 and 90 seconds
4. All 8 survivors get switched to spectator mode, after new campaign starts.
approx. 20 seconds later my "Loadingbugremoval" activates, which waits for all players to have joined game and starts a 8 second countdown then. This usually takes place immediately after map start, without that spectator thing.

1., 2. and 3. arenīt scaring me that much, I consider them as a glitch, but the time needed for a map change finally forced me to remove it from my server. Waiting for 40 seconds and looking at the same "scores" screen..People asked me what I did to my server.

I am using MMS 171 and SM 120 with a windows2003 server. steam updates already done.

Additional plugins besides default ones from SM:
"Plugin Manager" (1.1.0) by R-Hehl
"Pounce Announce" (1.4) by n0limit
"L4D Force Mission Changer" (1.3.2) by Dionys
"Very Basic High Ping Kicker" (1.2) by msleeper
"L4D Vocalize Guard" (1.0.0) by Crimson - TeddyRuxpin
"L4D Vote Restrict" (0.2) by devicenull
"Dead Giveaway" (1.0.1) by James Richardson (grandwazir)
"L4D Loading Bug Removal" (2.0.1) by lilDrowOuw
"L4D 8 Versus 8" (1.0) by Xx_Faxe_xX

MMS Plugins:
L4DToolZ (1.0.0.3) by Ivailosp
NephDSU (1.1.0.0) by [email protected]
SourceMod (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
SDK Tools (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
BinTools (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC

The idea behind this project and the progress are great. Unfortunately there seem to be some "cross-influences" amongst the plugins (witch, tank, spectators, map change time) which I cannot identify on my own. As long as these problems persist I run my servers without it. Maybe thereīs something I can do in order to help you because I really really want this great piece of code to work properly :)! Looking at the characters while they found out that they canīt activate the car alarm from rooftop was pure fun. Everyone knows the maps by heart now... stripper would change a lot.

cheers, Christoph.1 and 2 and 4. simply do not sound like bugs caused by the stripper at all. 3 certainly is and unless BAILOPAN has time/ability to release an optimisation, this cannot be fixed.

I'm quite happy to give up a few more seconds to have these modifications. The other stuff sounds more like it's being caused by other plugins. Stripper, to my knowledge, only runs at map load time and wouldn't have a chance to interact with all of those things.

Skorpion1976
07-04-2009, 10:14
So letīs hope, there IS something about the loading time that can be done to shorten it. ;) Faxe and I were testing a couple of minutes ago:

my hardware: http://www.v2.hosters.at/servertechnik.php Itīs an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, running most of the time at 10-15% cpu usage even during panic events and mobs spawning. So the server is pretty bored I would say and doesnīt have much to do.

MMS 1.7.1 default installation, Stripper 1.2
no sm, no sm plugins, no "Promap" map-cfgīs installed
Server running as versus only, 8 slots. no players in game.

we just changed the maps in hlsw and the min. time was 45 seconds for hospital_1. DeadAir_2 took 90 seconds to load...
CPU usage about 50-60% just during map change. So itīs got nothing to do with sourcemod or sourcemod plugins. We installed a win2k-32bit and a win2k3-32bit server from scratch, both same results. We have to wait ages, until the maps get loaded.

I would like to know if anyone else has same problems when thereīs only MMS and stripper installed ? Is it a problem with 32-bit, or 64 bit ? I am totally at loss with that.

AtomicStryker
07-04-2009, 16:16
Sometimes - not always - a map takes 40-50 seconds to load. It's not actually loading time, scrds.exe just doesn't respond during that time.

Ydiss
07-04-2009, 18:40
Sometimes - not always - a map takes 40-50 seconds to load. It's not actually loading time, scrds.exe just doesn't respond during that time.
This would be the time Stripper parses the entity text file to perform its actions.

The thing is, it seems to do this even if no config file exists for a map, so it must be doing a lot of non necessary parsing?

olj
07-04-2009, 20:42
I think that's an oversight, didn't mean to release those changes - will fix it when I'm back home tomorrow - in the meantime, you can remove these changes from the config file if you want.

I did this for my server because I hate that first aid box, it seriously gives far too much health.

Did you tried to change cvar director_vs_convert_pills? To something like 0.2 or less mb.

Ydiss
07-05-2009, 05:16
Did you tried to change cvar director_vs_convert_pills? To something like 0.2 or less mb.That's a boolean command.

At any rate, I have pill density set low. But I've tested the cabinets and they don't have actual physical spawns inside them, they most likely run off their own logic - which is why that particular one can be so over-populated - even when my density is set to 3.

AtomicStryker
07-05-2009, 05:50
This would be the time Stripper parses the entity text file to perform its actions.

The thing is, it seems to do this even if no config file exists for a map, so it must be doing a lot of non necessary parsing?

Nono, these 40-50 seconds are not parsing time, (which happens on every mapload and takes 10-20 seconds), the clients actually get a "Server Timeout" and those who havent set cl_timeout to 60 time out.

ChillyWI
07-06-2009, 15:53
@BAILOPAN...

I know you don't read this thread much, so I'll PM if people think my suggestion is a good idea. I'm using Ydiss' excellent configs for L4D, but would like to take it a step further. I think it'd be interesting to be able to randomize things a bit. I think this could be done by making a "randomize" section in the config.

Here's an example. It would just read each block from a randomize section and then randomly choose one of them to apply. This example is part of the configs for Death Toll 4. The first places two extra vehicles, the second two each place just one of the extra vehicles.

I know that Stripper already slows things on map changes, but I think this could be an excellent addition for many games. Being able to randomize parts of L4D levels would be REALLY slick and popular. If this isn't possible or would slow things down too much, I'll look at making a script that randomly changes the configs on the server every 15 minutes.

Thanks for such a great mod.

randomize{
;section A
{
{
;LOS Blocker
"solid" "6"
"origin" "-763 -1561 -55"
"angles" "0 13 0"
"model" "models/props_vehicles/army_truck.mdl"
}
{
;LOS Blocker
"solid" "6"
"origin" "441 -1458 -50"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"model" "models/props_vehicles/bus01.mdl"
}
}

;section B
{
{
;LOS Blocker
"solid" "6"
"origin" "-763 -1561 -55"
"angles" "0 13 0"
"model" "models/props_vehicles/army_truck.mdl"
}
}

;section C
{
{
;LOS Blocker
"solid" "6"
"origin" "441 -1458 -50"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"model" "models/props_vehicles/bus01.mdl"
}
}
}

Knives.
07-06-2009, 23:59
Could somebody please explain how to install this to my server on Gameservers? I don't have any of these Program Files/Steamapps etc on my FTP when I connect. It's going to be for left 4 dead. All I have is the left4dead folder. If anybody could explain in fluent English where to put this I would really appreciate it.

Knives.
07-07-2009, 00:06
Also there is no globaconfig.cfg in either the stripper folder or my L4D folder so I really don't understand how to remove these invisible walls...

phoenixx
07-07-2009, 08:50
Hi guys can someone help me.

I need to remove as much map garbage from maps as possible but I want to keep big metal cans on dust2 and big metal file containers on office.

;"classname" "/prop_physics.*/" removes all of them
I tried manualy remove props but I could not remove anything
can someone explain me how to do that and where are all that props.

I have gcfscrape and i think that all props are in models/props_c17, debris, foliage dirs.

TNX!!

President Skroob
07-07-2009, 16:35
Have you tried to do a stripper_dump while the map is loaded via the rcon?

That should list what props are loaded while the map is active. I tried doing what you did by using the wildcard approach but it didn't work either. I had to actually tell stripper what to remove and filter.

Maybe try that?

For instance, here is my stripper config for office (note I have it removing props_junk globally via the global_filters.cfg so I will include that one as well; the file cabinets -you said you want to keep the file cabinets- and the office chairs...). Maybe this will give you an idea how to approach this...

I am also including my stripper_dump for office with all the objects I have removed via stripper as well (note this is not a vanilla stripper_dump.)

Please note, that I have mine setup differently than you want yours. I am just providing as much of an example so I can receive some proper guidance from pro Stripper:Source users who actually know how to use it more efficiently (unlike me :|) and to provide an example to those learning to use Stripper:Source

Also, tell me if I am sounding a bit pompous, I am not trying to be :\

/President Skroob

phoenixx
07-07-2009, 17:01
Tnx man 4 replay I will check config right away, maybe i learn something :-)

triggerman
07-08-2009, 00:01
Ydiss, how would i go about placing infected ladders? i would like to place one in the elevator shaft for any unlucky tank that spawns up top and becomes trapped in there and also for better general rooftop accessibility for infected.

Ydiss
07-09-2009, 10:39
Ydiss, how would i go about placing infected ladders? i would like to place one in the elevator shaft for any unlucky tank that spawns up top and becomes trapped in there and also for better general rooftop accessibility for infected.I've looked into this and can find no way to do so. func_ladders are created during compile, not during map execution - so there's no way to add a ladder via the stripper in L4D, from what I can see :(

Derek
07-09-2009, 14:41
Great Plugin! Thanks.

obijon
07-11-2009, 16:15
I just cant get this working, I just get this:

21:10:24 Listing 7 plugins:
[01] SourceMod (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
[02] <ERROR>
[03] Left 4 Downtown Extension (0.3.1.0) by Igor "Downtown1" Smirnov
[04] BinTools (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
[05] SDK Tools (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
[06] <NOFILE>
[09] <NOFILE>

and i try , meta load, cannot find the file stripper_mm_i486.so, even tho the package i got of stripper 1.2 doesnt have a .so file they are all .dlls

I am very new to this, only had my server 6 days but I want to use the promap configs for versus

cheers

Knives.
07-11-2009, 19:32
Also there is no globaconfig.cfg in either the stripper folder or my L4D folder so I really don't understand how to remove these invisible walls...

Really need help here :(

Thraka
07-13-2009, 13:22
Really need help here :(

The file is named global_filters.cfg and should exist in the stripper folder. If it does not, create it yourself and paste in the text that removes the invisible walls said earlier in the conversation.

Skorpion1976
07-16-2009, 22:20
erm... you downloaded windows .zip file for a linux server ?
the .dlls are for windows, .so files for linux. You have to download the .tar.gz file

I just cant get this working, I just get this:

21:10:24 Listing 7 plugins:
[01] SourceMod (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
[02] <ERROR>
[03] Left 4 Downtown Extension (0.3.1.0) by Igor "Downtown1" Smirnov
[04] BinTools (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
[05] SDK Tools (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
[06] <NOFILE>
[09] <NOFILE>

and i try , meta load, cannot find the file stripper_mm_i486.so, even tho the package i got of stripper 1.2 doesnt have a .so file they are all .dlls

I am very new to this, only had my server 6 days but I want to use the promap configs for versus

cheers

AtomicStryker
07-17-2009, 15:43
Is there any way we can help investigate the 40 second HANG problem that sometimes occurs? (1 out of 3 campaigns id say)

Or the rarer server crash with some entity model error message?

Thraka
07-18-2009, 21:44
He has a fix that I tested for him, which fixes the problem. But he doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight.

Naow
07-21-2009, 15:11
He has a fix that I tested for him, which fixes the problem. But he doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight.

Can you share with us this fix if its stable of course please ? :mrgreen:

Skorpion1976
07-22-2009, 04:30
Yes, thatīd be awesome. I had the "restricted area" plugin on my server for 1 day and had to remove ist. My server was lagging like hell with that.
If the timeout bug is now fixed in stripper Iīd dare to install it even if itīs not "final" :)

ShambleS
07-24-2009, 12:42
How would i use this to add A big rock in to l4d every where i dont want people to go??

i hate people using glitches, and would like to stop them

olj
07-25-2009, 05:20
How would i use this to add A big rock in to l4d every where i dont want people to go??

i hate people using glitches, and would like to stop them

Read the thread from start.

ShambleS
07-25-2009, 13:57
-=EDIT=-

ok i think i have the positions now...

But it wont work for me??

insert:
{
"origin" "1411.52 -4739.14 156.13"
"model" "models/stormy/shippingcontainer.mdl"
"classname" "prop_physics_multiplayer"
}
i have also tried

add:
{
"origin" "1411.52 -4739.14 156.13"
"model" "models/stormy/shippingcontainer.mdl"
}
I dont want to replace any thiong i dont want to delete any thing...

im just trying to make a few places inaccessible..

If i could just kill any 1 who go to these areas or teleport them in to a fire that would be ok as well..

Any help would be apretiated..

because right now nothing is getting added to the maps.

the plugin seems to work ok i can dump maps.

and i put the cfg file with the global cfg file in Maps folder which is in the striper folder.

ShambleS
07-27-2009, 11:38
Can some 1 PLEASE tell me what im doing wrong??

It says That it inserterd triger hurt with no model.
(when i tried to use a model it sayd was not pre chaced)
Everything seeemed to be ok.. BUT when i stand on the area i placed the hurt tigger Nothing happens??

add:
{
"StartDisabled" "0"
"spawnflags" "67"
"origin" "1804.66 3501.36 -9.97"
"nodmgforce" "0"
"damagetype" "8"
"damagemodel" "0"
"damagecap" "100"
"damage" "50"
"classname" "trigger_hurt"
}

can Some 1 help me out here please?
I will be wanting to add a bunch of these things all over the place
My dump file calls the models *10 *11 excetera. up to *87
if i copy the model number "*10" it dont work.
if i make a new number "*88" it gives an error.
if i use no model at all it says Inserting "trigger_hurt" no model.

but it doesent hurt me when i walk over it..

-=EDIT=-

Did not figure out why that did not work But never mind i found a diferent way of doing it with striper source..

and This time it finaly worked.

l4d airport05

add:
{
"origin" "-6014.66 10160.71 100.95"
"mins" "-112 -96 -128"
"maxs" "96 64 96"
"initialstate" "1"
"BlockType" "1"
}
add:
{
"origin" "-5661.74 10236.50 25.03"
"mins" "-112 -96 -128"
"maxs" "96 64 96"
"initialstate" "1"
"BlockType" "1"
}
add:
{
"origin" "-3940.24 9938.26 -61.47"
"mins" "-112 -96 -128"
"maxs" "112 112 112"
"initialstate" "1"
"BlockType" "1"
}

l4d_farm03

{
"origin" "6815.33 -14105.47 212.94 "
"mins" "-112 -96 -128"
"maxs" "96 64 96"
"initialstate" "1"
"BlockType" "1"
}

smalltown 05

add:
{
"origin" "1411.52 -4739.14 -156.13"
"mins" "-112 -96 -128"
"maxs" "96 64 96"
"initialstate" "1"
"BlockType" "1"
}

No more lamers ruining the game YAY!

Knives.
07-28-2009, 17:55
Thanks, now how would I go about uploading this to my server via FTP?

Knives.
07-28-2009, 19:27
Thanks, now how would I go about uploading this to my server via FTP?

Get either Stripper:Source (Linux) (http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/files/stripper-1.2.tar.gz)
... or Stripper:Source (Windows) (http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/files/stripper-1.2.zip)
Extract the zip file into your server's mod folder.
You're done!

I installed Metamod but I can't do step 3 because there is no mod folder.

ShambleS
07-28-2009, 23:20
I installed Metamod but I can't do step 3 because there is no mod folder.

i dont think they mean an actual mod folder...
Say you have counter strike.. wuld go in to counter strike (thats the mod)
or Left for dead wopuld go in to left for dead (thats the mod)

see what i mean??
so mine would go in to ...\left for dead\

then i would have.
..\left for dead\addons

(... being my ip for my dedicated server)

so id end up with.

..\left for dead\addons\sourcemod
..\left for dead\addons\metamod

i would then need to extraxt everything to addons..

so i would have
..\left for dead\addons\stripper

ZeroStyles
08-02-2009, 08:44
I was wondering

I can't get the Prop being Replaced, it gets removed and the Barrel won't show up either.. could anyone help? oh ye thats for CSS by the way.

modify:
{
match:
{
"model" "models/props_wasteland/barricade001a.mdl"
}
replace:
{
"model" "models/props_c17/oildrum001.mdl"
}
delete:
{
"model" "models/props_wasteland/barricade001a.mdl"
}
insert:
{
"scale" "0.99"
}
}

would be thankfull for an proper answer, to fix this issue..

flud
08-04-2009, 02:20
can't you please add some function to save only special filtered ent's like phys_prop, it save all and when i try to load, server crash,
huh? i think he not save props what i add to map, l:

FrozenHaxor
08-05-2009, 04:11
modify:
{
"model" "*126"
"origin" "320 896 1280"
"spawnflags" "1"
"alternateticksfix" "0"
"speed" "1"
"pushdir" "0 0 0"
"StartDisabled" "0"
"classname" "trigger_push"
}
modify:
{
"model" "*127"
"origin" "1728 896 1280"
"spawnflags" "1"
"alternateticksfix" "0"
"speed" "1"
"pushdir" "0 180 0"
"StartDisabled" "0"
"classname" "trigger_push"
}
add:
{
"origin" "-1663 1663 2060"
"model" "models/combine_helicopter/helicopter_bomb01.mdl"
"classname" "prop_physics_override"
scale "2"
}Is it OK?

EDIT---------------------------------

I did
modify:
{
match:
{
"model" "*126"
}
insert:
{
"speed" "300"
}
}
modify:
{
match:
{
"model" "*127"
}
insert:
{
"speed" "300"
}
}
modify:
{
add:
{
"origin" "-1663 1663 2060"
"model" "models/combine_helicopter/helicopter_bomb01.mdl"
"classname" "prop_physics_override"
}
insert:
{
"scale" "2"
}
}
And server crashes on changing map to this. When I remove scale, it works fine.

Dark4eg
08-11-2009, 12:08
How to remove only barrel with map (CSS)?:oops:

flud
08-11-2009, 19:25
How to remove only barrel with map (CSS)?:oops:

maybe something like that

delete:
{
}

Dark4eg
08-12-2009, 01:33
maybe something like that

delete:
{
}

Oo! Got! Big Thanks you man! :up:

-999-
08-17-2009, 17:47
Do you still have this by chance? I love the plugin but the load times are sometimes really bad (and this is coming from someone who usually loads the fastest on the server).

^kaneda.ar
08-25-2009, 21:24
Hey i got a server and i have some problems when "Promaps" are activated, from time to time at the changelevel loading screen all the clients get a timeout from the server and it returns to the first campaing (Blood Harvest) plus all clientes have to reconnect.
the Server doesn't create a log file of a crash or anything to suspect such thing...
like it's would took to long to the server to changelevel and it "crash"... is really frustrating....
Any ideas?

Tnk!

MetaMod:Source v1.7.1V, Stripper v1.2, SourceMod v1.2.1
(Default Plugins + FMC)
i will try with SourceMod v1.2.2-dev later.

i thing its the timeout problem that you guys are talking about, is this fix realesed or what?

Skorpion1976
09-03-2009, 20:37
Stripper doesnīt even work properly if you have NOTHING in the config files or no config files at all, so just pure stripper without objects on the map. Timeouts, disconnects, map change time up to 2 minutes...I had it all on both of my servers, even local srcds. Not to mention server crashes every few hours. As long as this does not get fixed I use other SM plugins which work fine.

Jaguar_hl
09-06-2009, 06:48
How could I remove weapons from map (like aim_map2 in CSS, I need to remove hegrenade in the middle of map, and ak47 and m4a1 from the floor)?
I wrote like in example in aim_map2.cfg:
remove:
{
"classname" ".*/hegrenade./*"
}
but nothing changes...

thetwistedpanda
09-06-2009, 10:49
You could have answered your own question had you of searched this post:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=498054&highlight=weapon_#post498054
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=493170&highlight=weapon_#post493170

Jaguar_hl
09-06-2009, 15:05
Ok,
;;Example - filtering out bomb zones on CS:S de_dust
remove:
{
"classname" "*./hegrenade.*/"
"classname" "weapon_ak47"
"classname" "weapon_m4a1"
"classname" "*/.weapon_.*/"
}
do not work (as in examples). Why?

thetwistedpanda
09-06-2009, 15:07
Ok,
;;Example - filtering out bomb zones on CS:S de_dust
remove:
{
"classname" "*./hegrenade.*/"
"classname" "weapon_ak47"
"classname" "weapon_m4a1"
"classname" "*/.weapon_.*/"
}
do not work (as in examples). Why?
One "classname" per remove, i.e.
remove:
{
"classname" "/.*weapon_.*/"
}

Jaguar_hl
09-06-2009, 17:20
Oh, I will try it. Thank you.

DontWannaName
09-12-2009, 05:07
Has anyone had any success of using this to change a map from day to night? I see a bunch of _light entities but I dont know what their 5 values mean and it would be pretty daunting to change every one.

spiderlemur
09-12-2009, 15:33
on L4D, maps usually take FOREVER to load, 60-90 seconds, but sometimes loading is normal. Removing Stripper seems to fix it, adding it back the problems occurs again. Anyway to fix this?

-999-
09-16-2009, 12:35
Had the same issue, ended up removing it. I love the plugin, but getting occasional loading times near 2 mins is a bit too much. Along with that, many of the sm_cvar settings I have (director_vs_convert_pills 0.0, etc) would reset during some map changes, unknown why, but without Stripper I don't have that issue.:?

When a fix is available I'll put it back on, as it is a really great plugin.

AtomicStryker
09-16-2009, 17:10
There is a fixed version but for some reason he hasnt posted it here yet and i don't know if i should give it out. Best you bomb the author with PMs until he submits :mrgreen:

-999-
09-16-2009, 20:22
I did, got a reply back There is no release of this yet because it does not work. so don't really have much choice at this point sadly.

AtomicStryker
09-17-2009, 10:38
Thats very odd. I've been using said 'not working'(??) version for 2 months now and did only have sporadic scrds crashis due to some model errors? And the load delay bug is completely gone?

-999-
09-17-2009, 12:18
Idk, I've seen the link to the Win version out so perhaps it's just the *nix version that isn't functional, because I haven't seen anyone with it, I didn't ask any further though. I haven't seen the load delay personally, I've only played 1 game on the server since changing but load times were fairly quick. I was wrong about the sm_cvar thing though, as some of them (pills, ghost speed, etc) are still resetting mid-match so Stripper didn't have anything to do with that.

AtomicStryker
09-30-2009, 16:08
This here links to his own public alliedmodders files, so i think i can post it

http://users.alliedmods.net/~dvander/stripper-1.2.1.zip (http://users.alliedmods.net/%7Edvander/stripper-1.2.1.zip)

I've reworked the CC finale with this coolest of all plugins

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11421825&postcount=354

CS:S*
09-30-2009, 17:08
how to remove the bomb with this ?

triggerman
10-01-2009, 00:17
filter:
{
}

filter:
{
}

that doesnt seem to get rid of many invisible walls in crash course. anyone know how?

gHOSt | ''powah,
10-04-2009, 18:13
Alright i'm a total n00b with this plugin.

I'm planning to use this with HL2DM - could anyone help me out with removing the RPG and all it's ammo from every map?

Thanks in advance :)

lexantis
10-04-2009, 18:25
Is there any possibility that Stripper 1.2.1 Linux libraries will be released? Would be REALLY appreciated :)

Cuz
10-04-2009, 19:31
Alright i'm a total n00b with this plugin.

I'm planning to use this with HL2DM - could anyone help me out with removing the RPG and all it's ammo from every map?

Thanks in advance :)

I think it would be:

global_filters.cfg
filter:
{
"classname" "/weapon_rpg/"
}
{
"classname" "/item_rpg_round/"
}
{
"classname" "/weapon_rpg_e1/"
}
{
"classname" "/weapon_rpg_1/"

}Not 100% sure, I use Mattie's EventScripts to remove RPG's in HL2.

Electric Warrior
10-04-2009, 19:51
I think it would be:

in global_filters.cfg

remove:
{
"classname" "/.*RPG.*/"
}

That will remove both weapons and ammo with one command.

Beat me with a crowbar should I be wrong :)

gHOSt | ''powah,
10-04-2009, 22:22
And is that the only bit of config needed?

I'l hold you to that - I know where you frag... :D

gHOSt | ''powah,
10-05-2009, 08:44
EDIT: You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar... Thanks muchly - works like a charm :)

Skorpion1976
10-06-2009, 12:01
Nomercy Finale:
I finally made it. Weapons/ammostack/f-a-kits are now on other positions on the roof. I had to remove everything at first and then rebuild the items where I wanted them to be.
The medikits in the cupboard remained untouched, I have no clue why but so I didnīt have to respawn them. I also added some pipes and 1 molotov on the roof and an additional ammostack at the chopper area. 2 additional medikits are "hidden" on the lower areas, where you might need them in case of a tank throws you there. oh yes, some gascans and a propane tank are in the hallway after you leave the saferoom, can be fun :)

lexantis
10-07-2009, 06:31
Hey guys any progress on removing those nasty invisible walls and non-accessible roofs in L4D1 CrashCourse ?

AtomicStryker
10-07-2009, 07:53
Skyboxes. Not removable.

lexantis
10-07-2009, 10:18
how do you mean not removable? that was in DT too, wasnt it?

AtomicStryker
10-07-2009, 14:42
On a few spots, yes, but most of DT roofs are only blocked using func_infectedclip, which can be removed using Stripper. Which we did. Crash Course however almost entirely has the actual skyboxes ending at the roof edges. Those cannot be (re)moved.

triggerman
10-07-2009, 22:04
most blocked roof tops in crash course can have a pipebomb throw past the invisible barrier so they are definately not skybox walls

AtomicStryker
10-08-2009, 05:53
What else could it be?? I'll do a Stripper dump ...

EDIT:

I've went through it and tried func_illusionary, func_brush and env_playerblocker. None of that removed the invisible walls - i dont think whatever is blocking even appears in the stripper dump. Which would mean Stripper can't remove those.

lexantis
10-08-2009, 08:05
Thats very bad, valve really sucked at that job :(

ps: AtomicStryker i think you added just too much objects on your promap CC finale :(

DrThunder
10-08-2009, 16:06
filter:
{
}

filter:
{
}that doesnt seem to get rid of many invisible walls in crash course. anyone know how?

I decompiled the map and there are clip brushes on top of most blocked things not func_playerinfected_clip and func_illusionary entities. Is it possible to remove brushes with a certain texture?

DrThunder
10-08-2009, 17:11
This is the origin of first clip brush on top of the big building at the start of the first level of crash course

-7936 -9104 848

Is there a way to remove this brush?

AtomicStryker
10-09-2009, 05:35
@DrThunder

That origin is not in Strippers dump of the map ... what is the EXACT classname of said clip brushes?

DrThunder
10-09-2009, 11:23
@DrThunder

That origin is not in Strippers dump of the map ... what is the EXACT classname of said clip brushes?

How do you find the classname of a normal brush in hammer? Do brushes have classnames?

DrThunder
10-09-2009, 11:49
I don't see normal brushes in the stripper dump I guess that stripper can't remove them.

lexantis
10-12-2009, 22:57
The Stripper v1.2 is Crashing a LOT on linux, dammit :(

BAILOPAN
10-13-2009, 04:15
I have released a Stripper:Source update - version 1.2.1. It fixes a major performance penalty on startup or mapchange. There should no longer be visible overhead.

If you get crashes with Stripper, more than likely it is related to your filter files. If you modify the map in a way the server doesn't expect (for example, deleting critical entities or adding ill-formed outputs), you can cause a crash at mapchange.

R3M*
10-13-2009, 06:27
This is superb, imo one of the best metamod plugins ever!

Thank you!

FrozenHaxor
10-13-2009, 11:20
Thanks for update! I love this plugin so much!

saint555
10-14-2009, 01:28
Hi!
How can I do add with this application extra spawnpoints to the original CS:S maps? I am running on a 50 slot server. The extra spawnpoints on the original maps i do now with mani admin plugin, but the MA is unstable for me. Sometimes they load, sometimes does not load.
Br.: saint

thetwistedpanda
10-14-2009, 01:47
Hi!
How can I do add with this application extra spawnpoints to the original CS:S maps? I am running on a 50 slot server. The extra spawnpoints on the original maps i do now with mani admin plugin, but the MA is unstable for me. Sometimes they load, sometimes does not load.
Br.: saint
For future reference, the "Search this Thread" button doesn't sit around the forums to look pretty. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=339113&highlight=spawnpoint#post339113

Darkhand
10-15-2009, 23:53
Fantastic! Thanks for the update, Bailopan!

Now for a quick question to throw out there... I'm trying to plug an exploitable hole in a map with a point_hurt (to punish those who try to use it :avast:) but need to trigger it with a TurnOn input to enable its damage. What can I use to automatically and permanantly trigger a point_hurt?

AtomicStryker
10-16-2009, 18:04
A code like this perhaps

public OnMapStart()
{
new maxentities = GetMaxEntities();

decl String:classname[128];
for (new i = 32; i <= maxentities; i++)
{
if (!IsValidEntity(i)) continue;

GetEdictClassname(i, classname, sizeof(classname))
if (StrEqual(classname, "point_hurt", false))
{
AcceptEntityInput(i, "TurnOn");
}
}
}

BAILOPAN
10-16-2009, 18:24
Avoid random numbers like 32. Use something like MaxClients + 1.

Darkhand
10-17-2009, 03:08
A code like this perhaps

public OnMapStart()
{

{

{
}
}
}

That's a great idea, I never considered using Sourcemod to flip it on, I was trying to come up with perhaps some kind of logic_* entity with an output tied to the point_hurt or something along those lines. This will work great though, thanks much!

Dragonshadow
10-21-2009, 08:52
What else could it be?? I'll do a Stripper dump ...

EDIT:

I've went through it and tried func_illusionary, func_brush and env_playerblocker. None of that removed the invisible walls - i dont think whatever is blocking even appears in the stripper dump. Which would mean Stripper can't remove those.

I can't find it in the thread, where can I get the one that removes the blocking stuff for the normal maps?

triggerman
10-21-2009, 13:02
I can't find it in the thread, where can I get the one that removes the blocking stuff for the normal maps?

this what your looking for?

filter:
{
}

filter:
{
}

Dragonshadow
10-21-2009, 16:42
this what your looking for?

filter:
{
}

filter:
{
}

yep thanks.

BAILOPAN
10-31-2009, 21:00
I have updated the Stripper 1.2.1 download to have Left 4 Dead 2 support. You need Metamod:Source 1.8 or higher to use the L4D2 version.

Ydiss
11-01-2009, 11:52
I have updated the Stripper 1.2.1 download to have Left 4 Dead 2 support. You need Metamod:Source 1.8 or higher to use the L4D2 version.
Thank you :)

Darkhand
11-03-2009, 22:44
I'm trying to plug an exploitable hole in a map with a point_hurt (to punish those who try to use it :avast:) but need to trigger it with a TurnOn input to enable its damage. What can I use to automatically and permanantly trigger a point_hurt?

A code like this perhaps

public OnMapStart()
{

{

{
}
}
}

While a great idea, for the record I solved it using only Stripper... A logic_auto entity to trigger the point_hurt at every round start:

add:
{
"origin" "-1234 1945 -438.224"
"targetname" "SploitFix"
"DamageType" "256"
"DamageDelay" "1"
"Damage" "666"
"DamageRadius" "96"
"classname" "point_hurt"
}
{
"origin" "-1228.71 2082.29 -487"
"spawnflags" "1"
"classname" "logic_auto"
"OnMapSpawn" "SploitFix,TurnOn,,0,-1"
}

Nail
11-12-2009, 19:14
every
meta unload addons/stripper/bin/stripper_mm
and
meta reload addons/stripper/bin/stripper_mm
- server crash. It's normal?

triggerman
11-21-2009, 00:52
i tried this on my linux l4d2 server with MM 1.8. When installed, my server would not start. is this exclusive to MM 1.7? if so how is l4d2 supported then?

also getting a corrupt archive error from winrar for the linux version.

ovp87
11-21-2009, 22:37
indeed, i havet tried it on my server yett, but im also getting corrupt error on the linux version.

triggerman
11-22-2009, 01:27
i downloaded stripper from Bailopans site and it was not corrupt and my server started when i installed it. i hope its the latest one. the one in the OP needs to be reposted.

EDIT: works.

Zuko
11-25-2009, 04:06
stripper-1.2.1.tar.gz is corrupted ;/

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--length error

Edit. nvm
http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/files/

triggerman
11-25-2009, 18:53
should still be updated in the first post.

HshEisbaer
11-27-2009, 17:12
can someone help me?

i want to put an "air-logo" in my Maps
but on my Map the Logo is a pink thing
http://i46.tinypic.com/2wbwdpf.jpg

the codes i have:

dod_kalt.cfg
//add:
add:
{
"origin" "2189 3427 214"
"GlowProxySize" "1"
"framerate" "10.0"
"scale" "0.3"
"model" "materials/decals/custom/bq/bq.vmt"
"rendercolor" "118 147 163"
"renderamt" "140"
"rendermode" "5"
"renderfx" "0"
"classname" "env_sprite"
}
downloads_simple.ini

materials/decals/custom/bq

bq.vmt
bq.vtfdownloads.ini

//Don't modify or remove the Comment Lines ( // )
//Files (Download Only No Precache)

//Decal Files (Download and Precache)

materials/decals/custom/bq/bq.vmt
materials/decals/custom/bq/bq.vtf

//Sound Files (Download and Precache)

//Model Files (Download and Precache)bq.vmt
"LightmappedGeneric"
{
"$basetexture" "decals/custom/bq/bq"
"$decal" 1
"$decalscale" 1
}i hope someone can help me
thank you

triggerman
11-27-2009, 21:55
the fact that decals arent actually "models" is probably the problem.

anyone know how to spawn an ammo pile in l4d2?

weezul
11-27-2009, 23:20
hello, i tried to remove all medkits in the first map of each campaign, so a dled stripper 1.2.1 installed it and created some map specific config files

addons/stripper/maps/c1m1_hotel.cfg

filter:
{
"classname" "first_aid_kit"
}

problem is medkits r still there, is first_aid_kit the wrong entity name? is there anywhere a list?

weezul
11-27-2009, 23:52
argh.. found the command do dump the entitys but how can i get the position of an item or myself running through the map?

trigger try

"model" "models/props/terror/ammo_stack.mdl"
"classname" "weapon_ammo_spawn"

triggerman
11-28-2009, 01:27
thanks that worked perfectly
try weapon_first_aid_kit for that filter
and getpos will give you world cords at eye level and getpos_exact will give you cords at feet.

weapon_adrenaline
weapon_autoshotgun
weapon_chainsaw
weapon_defibrillator;
weapon_fireworkcrate
weapon_first_aid_kit
weapon_gascan
weapon_gnome
weapon_grenade_launcher
weapon_hunting_rifle
weapon_molotov
weapon_oxygentank
weapon_pain_pills
weapon_pipe_bomb
weapon_pistol
weapon_pistol_magnum
weapon_propanetank
weapon_pumpshotgun
weapon_rifle
weapon_rifle_ak47
weapon_rifle_desert
weapon_rifle_sg552
weapon_shotgun_chrome
weapon_shotgun_spas
weapon_smg
weapon_smg_mp5
weapon_smg_silenced
weapon_sniper_awp
weapon_sniper_military
weapon_sniper_scout
weapon_vomitjar
weapon_ammo_spawn
weapon_upgradepack_explosive
weapon_upgradepack_incendiary

NoS
11-29-2009, 11:48
Anyone know if you can add snow to a map? Like falling snow?

ChillyWI
11-30-2009, 17:51
I'm trying the following for c1m1_hotel in L4D2...

;;remove all kits
filter:
{
"classname" "weapon_first_aid_kit_spawn"
}
{
"classname" "weapon_defibrillator_spawn"
}

;;just to be safe, remove all chance of a defib
modify:
{
match:
{
"DefibrillatorDensity" ".25"
}
replace:
{
"DefibrillatorDensity" "0.0"
}
}

;;add 4 starting kits
add:
{
"origin" "420 5719 2887.87"
"spawnflags" "3"
"solid" "6"
"angles" "90 300 0"
"hammerid" "3898952"
}
{
"origin" "439 5751 2887.87"
"spawnflags" "3"
"solid" "6"
"angles" "90 247 0"
"hammerid" "3898990"
}
{
"origin" "433 5732 2887.87"
"spawnflags" "3"
"solid" "6"
"angles" "90 0 0"
"hammerid" "3898998"
}
{
"origin" "441.012 5767.16 2887.86"
"spawnflags" "3"
"solid" "6"
"angles" "90 225 0"
"hammerid" "4163012"
}

It does remove the kits and then place the 4 starting ones back in. However, it doesn't prevent all random defibs yet since I just got one outside the elevator. I don't see any forced defibs in the dump and I can't figure out if there's an entity at that exact position in the dump or not, so I'm kind of stuck. :(

ovp87
11-30-2009, 21:04
anyone have any luck removing invb. walls from l4d2?
worked flawlessly for l4d1, hoping for a repeat :)

AtomicStryker
12-01-2009, 07:28
As with Crash Course, the majority of invisible walls are hard-coded as brushes into the maps. Cannot be removed -.-

Gixxer
12-01-2009, 16:43
I tried this into my global.cfg

;;Replace all kits with pills
modify:
{
match:
{
}
replace:
{
"classname" "weapon_pain_pills_spawn"
}
}

It seems to work, all kits at the starting zone have been turned into pills. Now, in some levels, like Parish 2 (Park) kits are still spawning in PRE-DEFINED places and the dump file for Park only has weapon_first_aid_kit_spawn, no other variation of aid_kit I could find.

This is their locations:
http://img38.**************/img38/2528/12582252.jpg
http://img405.**************/img405/1259/91123199.jpg

Skorpion1976
12-01-2009, 17:34
Hi,

What I wanted was simple: Put some gascans and propane tanks along the whole hallway. I spawn there automatically some witches and if you shoot the first gascan all the other cans and tanks explode one by one.
On NM-5 this happens:
1st round: survivors only see 1 gascan and 1 propane tank in the hallway.
2nd round: survivors see all gascans and propane tanks I have in the cfg file.
How is it possible that in 2nd round I see everything I want, but not in first round ?

//Benzinkanister im Gang, nach Saferoom :)
add:
{
;Gas can
"origin" "5701.085938 8575.052734 5760.031250"
"model" "models/props_junk/gascan001a.mdl"
"angles" "45.4 -87.55 0"
"classname" "prop_physics"
}
{
;Gas can
"origin" "5900.085938 8575.052734 5760.031250"
"angles" "45.4 -87.55 0"
}
{
;Gas can
"origin" "6100.085938 8575.052734 5760.031250"
"angles" "45.4 -87.55 0"
}
{
;Gas can
"origin" "6300.085938 8575.052734 5760.031250"
"angles" "45.4 -87.55 0"
}
{
;Gas can
"origin" "6500.085938 8575.052734 5760.031250"
"angles" "45.4 -87.55 0"
}
{
;Gas can
"origin" "6700.085938 8575.052734 5760.031250"
"angles" "45.4 -87.55 0"
}
{
;Gas can
"origin" "6900.085938 8575.052734 5760.031250"
"angles" "45.4 -87.55 0"
}
{
;Gas can
"origin" "7100.085938 8575.052734 5760.031250"
"angles" "45.4 -87.55 0"
}
{
;Gas can
"origin" "7300.085938 8575.052734 5760.031250"
"angles" "45.4 -87.55 0"
}
add:
{
;Propane Tank
"origin" "5877 8500 5780.031250"
"model" "models/props_junk/propanecanister001a.mdl"
}
add:
{
;Propane Tank
"origin" "5990.914063 8502.018555 5780.031250"
"model" "models/props_junk/propanecanister001a.mdl"
}

Gixxer
12-01-2009, 19:23
Does anyone know how to spawn multiple instances of a single item in the exact same location?

So far, I'm doing this but I can only pick the weapon up once.

{
add:
{
"origin" "10712.846680 7895.115723 -542.294189"
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"disableshadows" "0"
"count" "5"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"classname" "weapon_smg_mp5"
}
}

triggerman
12-02-2009, 00:48
simply copy and paste

add:
{
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"disableshadows" "0"
"count" "5"
"angles" "0 0 0"
}
{
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"disableshadows" "0"
"count" "5"
"angles" "0 0 0"
}
{
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"disableshadows" "0"
"count" "5"
"angles" "0 0 0"
}
{
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"disableshadows" "0"
"count" "5"
"angles" "0 0 0"
}

anon666
12-02-2009, 02:14
How to make that the spawned items follow the physics after being spawned? The items are just hanging in the air (L4D2 weapons). It is quite hard to place them accurately with angles and whatnot.

dirka_dirka
12-02-2009, 10:51
weapon spawns are not physics objects. yes it is hard, but ya gotta do it.

gixxer, strange your only getting 1. in l4d i tried getting single weapon spawns and couldnt do it. try removing the skin line (looking at a dump file, the only weapon_ items that have it are single spawns - melee and first aids). you could also try using a spawnflags (2?) in there.

anon666
12-02-2009, 13:44
weapon spawns are not physics objects. yes it is hard, but ya gotta do it.

I spawned a few weapons in a saferoom (L4D2) at the end of a map (eg DC1). The floating weapons do drop at the beginning of the next level (DC2) though. Somehow during the transition/mapchange the physics are being applied to the weapon spawns, causing them to be already on the floor after the mapchange.

I guess I'll have to live with it :cry:

Gixxer
12-02-2009, 19:15
Damn, it keeps only spawning 1 gun, using that exact code.

Skorpion1976
12-03-2009, 15:45
@Gixxer: Maybe this helps you, itīs from L4D1 (Airport Map1) but I use the same constructs for L4D2, just with other classnames. The only difference I see is the "spawnflags" you donīt use. Try it, maybe it works. cheers.

add:
{
"origin" "6878.312988 -505.852844 803.687134"
"spawnflags" "2"
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"disableshadows" "0"
"count" "4"
"angles" "180 180 90"
"classname" "weapon_autoshotgun_spawn"
}
{
"origin" "6865.437988 -517.360748 803.687134"
"spawnflags" "2"
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"disableshadows" "0"
"count" "4"
"angles" "180 180 90"
"classname" "weapon_rifle_spawn"
}Damn, it keeps only spawning 1 gun, using that exact code.

Gixxer
12-03-2009, 16:01
Gun doesn't spawn with spawnflags 2 or 3, but will with one... But again, only one gun spawns.

anon666
12-03-2009, 16:10
I noticed that weapon_x_spawn for CSS weapons doesnt spawn anything in L4D2, but individual weapon_x CSS weapons class will only spawn one instance, regardless of the count value. I had to copy/paste the same code (same position & angle) to get multiple instances of weapons.

Gixxer
12-03-2009, 16:52
I noticed that weapon_x_spawn for CSS weapons doesnt spawn anything in L4D2, but individual weapon_x CSS weapons class will only spawn one instance, regardless of the count value. I had to copy/paste the same code (same position & angle) to get multiple instances of weapons.

Can I see your code for it?

dirka_dirka
12-03-2009, 19:16
ive been going through the dumps today for a different reason but noticed something...
it doesnt seem as though they even use the same code for weapon spawns in l4d2. so perhaps it isnt possible to get more then 1 weapon pickup anymore with that format.

they seem to use a classname weapon_spawn or weapon_item_spawn (or both). the weapon_item_spawn looks to be a random weapon determiner (which gun can spawn at that spot). weapon_spawn uses a weapon_selection of something like any_pistol or tier2_shotgun.

so try looking into those.

anon666
12-03-2009, 20:44
Can I see your code for it?

This spawns 1 mp5:
add:
{
"origin" "10730 7900 -534.334"
"spawnflags" "1"
"solid" "6"
"count" "5"
"angles" "-2.99586 240.136 84.7991"
}but this spawns none:

add:
{
"spawnflags" "1"
"solid" "6"
"count" "5"
"classname" "weapon_smg_mp5_spawn"
}So to get 5 mp5 spawns I just pasted the top code over and over:

add:
{
"spawnflags" "1"
"solid" "6"
"count" "5"
}{
"spawnflags" "1"
"solid" "6"
"count" "5"
}{
"spawnflags" "1"
"solid" "6"
"count" "5"
}{
"spawnflags" "1"
"solid" "6"
"count" "5"
}{
"spawnflags" "1"
"solid" "6"
"count" "5"
}

Skorpion1976
12-04-2009, 04:04
But then there must have been a difference between l4d2 demo and l4d2 game. In the demo I spawned ALL NEW guns and all 4 players could even grab the same gun. When my server was updated to l4d final version I forgot to copy the stripper map config files to my PC, but itīs the same as I already posted, just with other weapon class names. So for me it was working in demo in both 1st and 2nd level of "parish". I tried this with the "first" L4D2 version from stripper. There was released another version shortly after first release, maybe thereīs a glitch now.. I really donīt know.

ive been going through the dumps today for a different reason but noticed something...
it doesnt seem as though they even use the same code for weapon spawns in l4d2. so perhaps it isnt possible to get more then 1 weapon pickup anymore with that format.

they seem to use a classname weapon_spawn or weapon_item_spawn (or both). the weapon_item_spawn looks to be a random weapon determiner (which gun can spawn at that spot). weapon_spawn uses a weapon_selection of something like any_pistol or tier2_shotgun.

so try looking into those.

Gixxer
12-04-2009, 04:28
Cool, I seem to have everything figured out.

Except for... Those extra medkits, even by filtering weapon_first_aid_kit_spawn, I still get a some medkits to spawn. If anyone can figure out how they're spawning I would really appreciate it.

AtomicStryker
12-04-2009, 16:04

Thats explained in commentary mode. weapon_item_spawns are spots in which the Director has complete freedom to spawn nothing or any item or weapon there.

Out of curiosity, whats the other weaponnames for the german "cut" guns? Do they work already in the map theyre spawned in first?

dirka_dirka
12-04-2009, 18:13
Except for... Those extra medkits, even by filtering weapon_first_aid_kit_spawn, I still get a some medkits to spawn. If anyone can figure out how they're spawning I would really appreciate it.
you do realize the director converts pain pills to packs. you cant filter those with stripper since at map start they are pain pills. you need to change the director controlled cvars to remove all packs.

Gixxer
12-04-2009, 23:21
Unfortuantly, if the director converted those packs into pills I wouldn't even need Stripper. The director, nor Stripper are able to remove those medpacks.

dirka_dirka
12-05-2009, 12:48
i previously mentioned weapon_item_spawn - it appears that packs may be included in that list. i only say this because i found that item12 = defibrillators.

i discovered this by getting my position at 2 defibs that spawn (yet have no weapon_defib in the dump), then going through the entire dump looking for stuff that was close to the position i needed.

thats the only thing left to suggest, if you've done everything else.

i just took a look at weapon_item_spawn on the map in yer pics.. found 2 so far, 1 is a pill (not sure on the item number) thats not in the pcs, and 1 is adrenaline.. not the exact spot in your pic, but one of the items that spawns in the vehicle shown:

this is the code for adrenaline in the ceda vehicle:
{
"origin" "-9746.35 -6001.04 -178"
"targetname" "weapon_item_spawn"
"spawnflags" "2"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "1"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "0"
"item15" "1"
"item14" "1"
"item11" "1"
"item10" "1"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"classname" "weapon_item_spawn"
"hammerid" "1867348"
}this is another adrenaline in the vehicle with slightly different item values:
{
"origin" "-9748 -6024 -178"
"spawnflags" "2"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "0"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "1"
"item15" "1"
"item14" "1"
"item11" "1"
"item10" "1"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "1867350"
}both can spawn pills/adrenaline/packs/?/?

oh and i just found a pack:
{
"origin" "-3555 -2350 -334.207"
"spawnflags" "0"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "1"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "1"
"item15" "1"
"item14" "1"
"item12" "1"
"item11" "1"
"item10" "0"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "1867352"
}

its just a process of elimination until you figure out which item # = packs, and then changing all occurrences of that item #

Gixxer
12-05-2009, 14:41
Crap, after running some tests I think itemx can be a different item for different weapon_item_spawns.

I used this code
;;remove medpack
modify:
{
insert:
{
"item4" "1"
}
}

It got rid of a medpack under the tent in Park as well as the CEDA room.

Then tried

;;remove medpack
modify:
{
insert:
{
"item1" "1"
}
}

It got rid of the second medpack under the tent, but put a medpack back into the CEDA room.

Is there a way to target a specific group of code only?

EDIT: Nice, I figured it out. The CEDA van has 4 spawn locations, I've used the match/replace code of each section and set everything to zero. Nothing now spawns in the CEDA van.

Gixxer
12-05-2009, 16:12
Here's the code to create 2 pills, 2 adrens 100% of the time in the CEDA van.

;;Create Pills/Adren From Medpacks
modify:
{
match:
{
"spawnflags" "2"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "1"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "0"
"item15" "1"
"item14" "1"
"item11" "1"
"item10" "1"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "1867348"
}
replace:
{
"spawnflags" "2"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "1"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "0"
"item15" "0"
"item14" "0"
"item11" "0"
"item10" "0"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "1867348"
}
}

;;Create Pills/Adren From Medpacks CEDA
modify:
{
match:
{
"spawnflags" "2"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "0"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "1"
"item15" "1"
"item14" "1"
"item11" "1"
"item10" "1"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "1867350"
}
replace:
{
"spawnflags" "2"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "1"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "0"
"item15" "0"
"item14" "0"
"item11" "0"
"item10" "0"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "1867350"
}
}

modify:
{
match:
{
"origin" "-9760 -5980 -178"
"spawnflags" "2"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "0"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "1"
"item15" "1"
"item14" "1"
"item11" "1"
"item10" "1"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "2304417"
}
replace:
{
"origin" "-9760 -5980 -178"
"spawnflags" "2"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "0"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "0"
"item15" "0"
"item14" "0"
"item11" "1"
"item10" "0"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "2304417"
}
}

modify:
{
match:
{
"origin" "-9756 -5956 -178"
"spawnflags" "2"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "1"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "0"
"item15" "1"
"item14" "1"
"item11" "1"
"item10" "1"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "2304415"
}
replace:
{
"origin" "-9756 -5956 -178"
"spawnflags" "2"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "0"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "0"
"item15" "0"
"item14" "0"
"item11" "1"
"item10" "0"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "2304415"
}
}

Gixxer
12-05-2009, 16:17
Here's the code to remove medpacks from Tent

;;Destroy Medpacks Tent
modify:
{
match:
{
"origin" "-8552 -3432 -240"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "0"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "1"
"item15" "1"
"item14" "1"
"item13" "0"
"item12" "0"
"item11" "0"
"item10" "0"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "2304647"
}
replace:
{
"origin" "-8552 -3432 -240"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "0"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "0"
"item15" "0"
"item14" "1"
"item13" "0"
"item12" "0"
"item11" "0"
"item10" "0"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "2304647"
}
}

;;Destroy Medpacks Tent
modify:
{
match:
{
"origin" "-8552 -3400 -240"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "0"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "1"
"item15" "1"
"item14" "1"
"item13" "0"
"item12" "0"
"item11" "0"
"item10" "0"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "2304655"
}
replace:
{
"origin" "-8552 -3400 -240"
"item9" "0"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "0"
"item3" "0"
"item2" "0"
"item15" "0"
"item14" "0"
"item13" "0"
"item12" "0"
"item11" "0"
"item10" "0"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "2304655"
}
}

Set "item11" "1" if you want adren
Set "item4" "1" if you want pills
Set "item2" "1" if you want medpacks
Set "item5" "5" if you want pipes
Other item combos are ammo pack, molly, bile, some are blank.

marknekk
12-06-2009, 12:32
Hello everybody,

I want to use the stripper plugin for cssdm to disable objectives....

I installed and everything together with metamod, sourcemod and mani.. and some others... and it doesn't let the server start.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

marknekk
12-06-2009, 20:27
It seems the .vdf was not correctly written... at least that's what it looks like.

I changed the order of the alias and the other line, and it worked

Now another problem:

Stripper removes objectives, that's good.

But if I want to switch off DeathMatch... how can I reenable the objective?

Unloading stripper doesn't help. Nothing does except disabling the plugin and restarting the server.

A map change to a *different* map having unloaded the plugin also seemed to work.

But what I want is to not have to change the map nor restart the server at all...

Any help is greatly appreciated since I'm running out of time...

marknekk
12-06-2009, 20:49
I had the idea... at least as a workaround... to "pause" the "stripper" via metamod....... and then issue a "ma_map de_dust2" (this is, to restart the map)

This would at least avoiding needing to restart the whole server...

But the main problem is, that you've got to know the <id> of stripper. Normally it won't change, but this is not a *clean* solution for me.

And also the need to have to change map isn't really great...

dirka_dirka
12-07-2009, 01:03
dunno what yer options are for your game, but in l4d2 i use the game mode config loader plugin and have meta unload/load stripper. dunno about pausing, but the load/unload only requires "stripper" for an id.

marknekk
12-07-2009, 07:26
Hello dirka,

the thing is... if I unload "stripper" the objectives from that map won't reappear.

Also, if I unload and do a map change, the plugin will automatically be loaded again with the map change.

PD: I'm using stripper on CS:S but I guess it should be nearly the same no matter which game-mod ... I posted to this thread since I found nothing better and since it seems that bailopan is having a look into it from time to time.

PPD: What's that "game mode config loader plugin" ? Maybe that's the point

PPPD: Ok, I've searched for it and it seems more/only L4D2 focused... so I guess it won't solve my problem.

Daewa
12-07-2009, 18:00
Hi, great thanks for this great plugin. Works great with L4D2.
I manage to spawn a 5th medkit now as we are 5 playing together.
I'm now working on spawning CSS weapons.
So far it works, but could you add some parameters to make it feel more AI Director?

At this state, what I do is spawning a MP5 near an "any_smg" spawn for example. The problem is now the MP5 will spawn 100% of the time. It would be great to replace the any_smg spawn by a custom selection with custom probability of spawning.

If I may suggest some improvements.
An ingame menu could be useful to. I was thinking of the possibility to spawn items in game, place them precisely, then write their location in the map's stripper cfg.
I can imagine it will require a lot of work.

Anyway, good job already. :)

noknokz
12-07-2009, 23:38
hey daewa can u share ur stripper l4d 2 config
i tried to spawn mp5 just like what you did but i failed :oops:
im new with this stripper thingy :o
much appreciated

Daewa
12-08-2009, 09:25
I'm gonna share it when I finish first.

noknokz
12-08-2009, 13:36
thx man. can't wait for it:mrgreen:

NoS
12-08-2009, 17:53
How do you replace the palm trees on d2, I can't find the model for it.

JLHack7
12-12-2009, 14:54
Hello, I'm having a problem with Stripper in L4D2.
Ever since the demo, I've been hooked on building forts.
Several of my friends and I will stack & rotate the model "props_fortifications/police_barrier001_128_reference" to make forts.
(an example can be found here: http://www.xfire.com/video/1a3110/ )
I was looking at using Stripper to save those forts we make.
The problem is that Stripper stops checking for entities after the map is finished loading, so any additional entities we make aren't added to the dumped list in Stripper.

I've found that when I unload and reload the plugin from metamod, the next dump will have just (null) in it, because it doesn't keep checking for new entities after it's loaded for some reason. I was wondering if it was possible to make it so that when I reload the plugin, it will save to the dumps any entities added after it was unloaded and reloaded. This would allow me to easily save the forts we build.

Cuthbert
12-15-2009, 20:52
What I'm trying to do is replace crowbar placements, in all maps, with katanas. Everything I've read on Stripper indicates it should be pretty simple to do. Here's the code I put together, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong:

modify:
{
match:
{
"model" "models/weapons/melee/w_crowbar.mdl"
"classname" "weapon_melee_spawn"
}
replace:
{
"model" "models/weapons/melee/w_katana.mdl"
}
}

There's nothing else around that code in the global_filters.cfg. Am I missing anything?

dirka_dirka
12-15-2009, 21:29
first, you dont need to replace the classname - its not changed.

second, theres at least 4 different ways to spawn a melee weapon, and most (if not all) of them dont use the model to decide how to spawn an item.

this is a crowbar:
{
"origin" "1189.17 4575.78 218.753"
"targetname" "weapons_scavenge"
"spawnflags" "2"
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"melee_weapon" "crowbar"
"disableshadows" "1"
"count" "1"
"angles" "0 75 90"
"hammerid" "2812464"
}this is any melee weapon:
{
"origin" "2395.45 2760.39 181.528"
"spawnflags" "1"
"melee_weapon" "any"
"item9" "0"
"item8" "0"
"item7" "1"
"item6" "1"
"item5" "0"
"item4" "0"
"item3" "0"
"item15" "0"
"item14" "0"
"item13" "0"
"item12" "0"
"item11" "0"
"item10" "0"
"item1" "0"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "1459301"
}this is ALSO any melee weapon:
{
"origin" "-6625 7704 107.759"
"spawnflags" "3"
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"melee_weapon" "any"
"disableshadows" "0"
"count" "1"
"angles" "0 305 90"
"hammerid" "2093637"
}cant replace a crowbar if its an "any" melee weapon that is randomly chosen by one of the 2 above methods.

Cuthbert
12-16-2009, 10:41
Ok, I don't quite follow you. I was trying to follow the tutorial on the main Stripper page for Advanced Filtering/Modification. It provides instructions for replacing items globally, in all maps, which is what I'm trying to do. Model and classname are the properties it says to change, but I guess it's different in L4D2 because multiple items can spawn in one location?

It sounds like you're saying I need to specify what items should spawn at specific points in a given map. Is there any way to instruct the Stripper to place just one kind of melee weapon in all melee spawn locations? For the L4D2 maps that contain the machette, I want the machette to be the only melee weapon populating the map. Same thing for the katana, and the maps that contain it. What properties do I need to specify, and how?

noknokz
12-16-2009, 21:48
can someone show me how to replace all normal smg with mp5 on all maps on l4d 2 :D

dirka_dirka
12-16-2009, 23:05
cuthbert ive shown you 3 different ways to spawn a melee weapon - 2 of which are completely random items. theres a 4th which uses the method you tried, but it isnt used much and requires a replacement for every model you dont want to use. if you want to force a specific melee, your going to have to do it on a per map basis - or at least delete every random melee (and be left with very few).

theres no simple, single solution in l4d2.

noknokz, you got the same issue cuthbert has. there can be random choices which you have no control over short of removing/replacing them all with something else.

triggerman
12-18-2009, 15:43
does anyone know the classname of the CSS Knife in L4D2?

AtomicStryker
12-18-2009, 17:11
Its in the l4d2_gunlist

"weapon_knive"

triggerman
12-18-2009, 17:13
thanks

havnt seen the gunlist.

pheadxdll
12-20-2009, 12:26
Hey BAILOPAN, any reason why MM:S (1.8.0) + SM 1.3 (2881) + Stripper 1.2.1 = instant crash?

They load fine individually, but not together. On the first post you said it requires metamod 1.7, is there a supporting 1.8 version coming soon? I'm on a linux TF2 server.

Thanks!

triggerman
12-20-2009, 22:56
Hey BAILOPAN, any reason why MM:S (1.8.0) + SM 1.3 (2881) + Stripper 1.2.1 = instant crash?

They load fine individually, but not together. On the first post you said it requires metamod 1.7, is there a supporting 1.8 version coming soon? I'm on a linux TF2 server.

Thanks!

Stripper works just fine on MM 1.8 for me. thats on l4d2 however.

pheadxdll
12-21-2009, 11:51
It crashes at the same point on two independent servers I've tried it on. :|

It works fine if you load stripper after the server is started, so I made a SM plugin to change the map once after my server is started. That works for now, but loading it properly would be nice. :wink:

Cuthbert
12-25-2009, 13:53
So I'm still banging my head on the wall trying to find a way to get my melee weapons of choice to populate each map automatically. Me and my friends really like playing with the katana/machettes, and Valve made it retardedly rare for these items to spawn normally.

What I'm doing now is spawning the melee weapons manually, in the safe room at the start of each room, which is a pain in the ass. Would it be feasible to have stripper spawn the melee weapons in the safe room automatically on each map? Would it be a pain in the ass to configure? How would I do it?

dirka_dirka
12-25-2009, 16:32
you can easily do that with stripper. find an origin and angle for the weapon, then add the code..
this was taken from a map file (i removed a survival only flag):
{
"origin" "x y z"
"spawnflags" "2"
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"melee_weapon" "katana"
"disableshadows" "1"
"count" "1"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"hammerid" "3578116"
}

cigs
12-27-2009, 12:16
What if I use Zuko's [L4D2] Weapon Spawner (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=993960) to spawn certain weapons... How can I get all the details about that entity to put in the stripper's mapname.cfg file?

Also, how should I interpret the spawnflags variable? Each number probably dictates in which mode the entity should be spawned. But which numbers corresponds to which modes?

drvirtual
12-28-2009, 22:25
how to put random items?

drvirtual
12-28-2009, 23:05
I mean, for example 3 random positions for a medic kit.

Thank you.

triggerman
01-20-2010, 19:35
can stripper be used to spawn the entity that you pour gas into in a scavenge game? if so what is needed to make it?

cigs
01-20-2010, 19:48
yes, that's a point_prop_use_target

add:
{
"classname" "point_prop_use_target"
"targetname" "pour_target"
"nozzle" "gas_nozzle"
"spawnflags" "1"
"origin" "xxxx xxxx xxxx"
}

triggerman
01-20-2010, 21:50
thanks. il try it out

Necrothug
01-23-2010, 12:31
Perhaps someone could help me out. I would like to remove the entities that kills ghosts in L4D2. I know the entity is called "trigger_hurt_ghost". I'm having trouble figuring out how to filter this entity out. Is this the proper way to do it?

In the global_filters.cfg:
filter:
{
"classname" "trigger_hurt_ghost"
}

cigs
01-23-2010, 12:50
Yes, that should do it. Have you tried it yet?

try adding:

filter:
{
"filtername" "filter_infected"
}

Necrothug
01-23-2010, 13:59
I'm trying it now. Can you explain your addition? Just so I can understand how it works.

h00x
01-23-2010, 23:56

Thanks!

I just installed it on my tf2 linux server to edit a map and I get the same crash on boot. :P

dirka_dirka
01-24-2010, 02:24
filter_infected will just remove some invisible walls that you cant get past. it has nothing to do with ghost deaths.

cigs
01-24-2010, 08:47
picture of a typical trigger_hurt_ghost entity with its artibutes and values in c1m1_hotel (http://i50.tinypic.com/9i9r47.jpg)

AtomicStryker
02-02-2010, 10:14
I got tired of waiting on Valves fix, so i went ahead and built this...

http://www.abload.de/thumb/cheesecornertower187gu.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=cheesecornertower187gu.jpg) http://www.abload.de/thumb/cheesecornertower298ja.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=cheesecornertower298ja.jpg) http://www.abload.de/thumb/cheesecornertower3i7nx.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=cheesecornertower3i7nx.jpg) http://www.abload.de/thumb/cheesecornertower4kk3y.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=cheesecornertower4kk3y.jpg)

Natalie
02-02-2010, 10:15
I could not find this, but how do i make the map change for stripper mod, it stays on dust2 forever! i have forcemap section set to 1, and its suppose to read the mapcycle.txt apparently it will not.

Skorpion1976
02-02-2010, 10:19
@Atomic. Thanks for that! I thought I was the only one with people on the server camping in that f....g corner :) This looks great.

SkaP
02-03-2010, 20:15
Atomic those props are awesome two suggestions though.

1. I think those hanging amps on the roof of the stage should be higher to block the view of the survivors up there for hunters to spawn and get good pounces.

2. Another amp or plywood prop somewhere here would be awesome.
http://img25.**************/img25/3308/c2m5concert0001x.jpg

Skorpion1976
02-06-2010, 12:40
Hi, I have read through the thread but havenīt found info regarding how to successfully replace a specific weapon with another one. The hammer id below I retrieved from c1m1.bsp file which I opened in Notepad++. So I read this here http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/#newconf and put this into the globals.cfg:

add:
{
"origin" "0 0 -10000"
"spawnflags" "1"
"solid" "6"
"skin" "0"
"disableshadows" "0"
"count" "1"
"angles" "0 0 0"
}

modify:
{
match:
{
"classname" "weapon_smg_silenced_spawn"
"hammerid" "2654333"
}
replace:
{
"classname" "weapon_smg_mp5_spawn"
}
delete:
{
"classname" "weapon_smg_silenced_spawn"
"hammerid" "2654333"
}
}Starting server is ok, but map change crashes engine with this error: "classname missing from entity!" As I do not have an l4d2 model list I canīt write the "model" "xxxx" stuff in here...

1. What do I have to change to make this work?
2. Is there an URL for a complete L4D2 model list including all the paths, like "models/weapons/..." ?

dirka_dirka
02-06-2010, 13:31
in your modify, you delete the classname.. wrong!, thats why it says classname missing.

a match/replace is all you need. it matches the classname with the silenced weapon, and replaces it with the mp5.

you dont need to delete the hammerid, but it isnt hurting anything. although, being in a global.cfg, its rather useless. not really globally replacing anything - might as well use the map specific config for that one.

you dont need the model of the weapons, only the classnames and either weapon_selection or melee_weapon names - at least for a replacement like your asking. but if you do a dump on all the maps, and search for the weapons, eventually you will find the models, classnames, weapon_selection and melee_weapon names you need.

oh and whats with the add? other then putting a weapon outside of probably every map in existence.

Skorpion1976
02-06-2010, 13:35
Thanks, I will give it another try!
@add: I have this "add" section from this thread: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=114296

Somewhere deep inside is a post which contains all 4 CS weapons and how they have to be added by stripper so you can spawn them by the plugin.

EDIT: Not working, I am an absolut noob in stripper, all I can do is adding gascans, stairs and stuff like that. But this is too difficult for me. I attached the files I am using to make this weapon replacement work, 1 map file and the globals.cfg. "It doesnīt work" means I still see the smg or smg_silenced, even after map change to same map c5m1.

AtomicStryker
02-07-2010, 08:57
Ive added some more tablets to the C2M5 Finale ... oh what the heck just take my entire config.

SkaP
02-07-2010, 15:17
Awesome thanks but is C5M2 Park supposed to have no code in it though?

XD at Chompski intros, loved it.

Edit: I can still do the coaster shortcut pretty easily, the gate isn't big enough.

http://img694.**************/img694/2471/c2m3coaster0000.jpg

http://img15.**************/img15/3492/c2m3coaster0001.jpg

AtomicStryker
02-08-2010, 06:34
Are you using the latest L4D2 version? For me, theres massive invisible blockers right where you stand...

Anyway:

add:
{
;Exploit Blocker - Super Mario Jump Shortcut at Coaster Beginning
"solid" "6"
"origin" "-2784 1841 177"
"angles" "0 90 0"
"model" "models/props_wasteland/exterior_fence002c.mdl"
}

{
;Exploit Blocker - Super Mario Jump Shortcut at Coaster Beginning #2
"solid" "6"
"origin" "-2855 1837 177"
"angles" "0 90 0"
"model" "models/props_wasteland/exterior_fence002a.mdl"
}

{
;Exploit Blocker - Super Mario Jump Shortcut at Coaster Beginning #3
"solid" "6"
"origin" "-2713 1837 177"
"angles" "0 90 0"
"model" "models/props_wasteland/exterior_fence002a.mdl"
}

Mnkras
02-08-2010, 16:10
im using stripper_dump in console and i get a file with the map name with numbers after it but the only thing in it is

(Null)

any help?

Skorpion1976
02-08-2010, 21:29
Strange. I enter same command and I get complete file with all stuff on the L4D2 valve maps. What map did you use the dump cmd for ?

SkaP
02-09-2010, 05:12
Yeah I am using the latest version, I couldn't play if L4D2 didn't update and I didn't update my server. Anyway thanks for the fix that worked great.

Mnkras
02-09-2010, 14:11
hmm restarted the server now its working

Skorpion1976
02-09-2010, 15:35
THAT helps in many situations^^

SkaP
02-10-2010, 04:50
So I finally saw a full team pull off the early kamikaze shortcut in DeadCenter 1 from the CEDA room immediately out of the safe room. I was both impressed no one died and annoyed because that jump gets you right next to the elevator. So taking a page from Atomics book I decided to rectify that and add a prop block there. In case your wondering it's this spot now covered by a dresser with the code below:

http://img39.**************/img39/9108/c1m1hotel0010.jpg

add:
{
;Exploit Blocker - Shortcut to stop the suicide jump from the CEDA room
"solid" "6"
"origin" "1286 5004 2705"
"angles" "-3 172 -25"
"model" "models/props_furniture/dresser1.mdl"
}

AtomicStryker
02-10-2010, 15:29
Even on the screenshot i can see that dresser is floating. You gotta hold up quality standards :)

EDIT:

Also, one can still jump onto your block and perform the jump from there.

Ive made up these plywoods to block the balcony below...

{
;Exploit Blocker - Shortcut to stop the suicide jump from the CEDA room #1
"solid" "6"
"origin" "1407 4975 2500"
"angles" "90 0 -44"
"model" "models/props_highway/plywood_03.mdl"
}

{
;Exploit Blocker - Shortcut to stop the suicide jump from the CEDA room #2
"solid" "6"
"origin" "1413 4976 2500"
"angles" "90 0 90"
}

{
;Exploit Blocker - Shortcut to stop the suicide jump from the CEDA room #3
"solid" "6"
"origin" "1463 4976 2500"
"angles" "90 0 90"
}

SkaP
02-10-2010, 17:17
First attempt at this, thanks for the feedback. I was trying to find the best prop to fit in with the map that would block it without looking weird. So the dresser was the biggest fattest prop I could find. I thought about blocking the bottom part but the problem is if you touch any part of that balcony even if you fall off afterward you get the 50% bonus for the map. Originally I had this evil fence that when made it look like you could make the jump easy then you slide right off to your death but you still got points for it so I scrapped the idea. Working on C5M1 right now to force a choke point on a very easy short map.

SkaP
02-10-2010, 22:39
Edit:See my post two down for a different version of this strip

Ok did better this time. I changed C5M1 waterfront because I love the Parish but the first map in VS blows. It's to small and the dynamic pathing is gone. Even with a Tank it's still to easy. To rectify this I put a refrigerator in front of the door in the cafe and took the logic relay that causes the archway in the allyway to open up. This forces you to use the fence jump at the back. Whats great about this is not only does it make the map a bit longer but it forces a choke point for the infected to attack. Once the team has jumped it requires a tricky jump to get back over in case someone is snagged by a Jockey or Smoker. Hopefully I can make this a point of no return but this stupid static prop plant that you need to jump on to get back over won't go way. I can't find the prop in stripper dump and even though I know the name and origin of the prop I can't filter it. I am thinking of making the fence bigger but it will look weird. Also I made a fail safe in case for some reason this pathway's dynamic path kicks in and tries to block it. So if anyone wants this have fun, I am going to be working on a few more maps to make them more infected friendly(like C5M2 forcing the survivors to take the middle).

SkaP
02-11-2010, 06:06
Between shoveling a ton of snow and messing around with Stripper today, I finished my version of C5M2 Park. According to the commentary mode the park was supposed to have dynamic pathing and they scrapped it toward the end. This isn't dynamic pathing but it is kinda cool. I blocked off the left entrance to the park and forced everyone to go right and using hedges I made a pseudo hedge maze for the park. It forces you to start right, go though that tunnel, around a curve to the center, from there you go though the center toward the bathrooms, then you have to head to the gazebo before you can leave the park. This gives the infected a way better chance to attack as it chokes the survivors path options for this normally huge area. This also forces the survivors to stop at each of those weapon pick up spots instead of normally just one. Kinda cool working and I still want to block some stuff in the center to kinda continue the maze(force only one path in the center) but for the most part this is done. If anyone can make any jumps to get on top of the hedges let me know.

SkaP
02-11-2010, 22:57
Ok I re-did C5M1 Waterfront at the fence jump. Instead of making the fence bigger or removing that annoying cactus I just created an additional cactus of the same prop and placed it right on top. It doesn't look ugly since the prop itself is already kinda chaotic looking. Now you can't jump on it to get back over the fence creating a true point of no return. So grab this new one if you want a map that's a harder then the original.

rambomst
02-12-2010, 03:47
I am having some issues with this. I deleted global_filters.cfg as I don't need it and then added a cfg for a single map but when that map comes around in the rotation it deletes every prop

delete:
{
"model" "models/props_c17/chair_office01a.mdl"
}

delete:
{
"model" "models/props_interiors/furniture_chair03a.mdl"
}

That is the code in the cfg for the map. What am I doing wrong?

SkaP
02-12-2010, 07:39
Ok two more exploit blockers for Hard Rain Sugermill A and B both can be found below.

The blocker in Sugermill A is a batch of bricks to stop the survivors from jumping up to the pipe you use getting back(to stay out of the water) which allows them to skip the ramp choke point.

Sugermill B is a fence near the beginning that blocks the survivors from climbing up the side of the building(using the traffic cones) near the cane field which normally allows them to skip over it avoiding the water. Useful especially when you are using WaterBreak plugin.

I am having some issues with this. I deleted global_filters.cfg as I don't need it and then added a cfg for a single map but when that map comes around in the rotation it deletes every prop
Ram what exactly are you looking to do? Filter a specific a prop or all the chair props? Anyway you can't use delete sub block without using the modify block. Try using filter like this:

filter:
{
"model" "models/props_c17/chair_office01a.mdl"
}

{
"model" "models/props_interiors/furniture_chair03a.mdl"
}

Skorpion1976
02-12-2010, 09:30
C2M1... the fence which should block the jump on the bumper from the bus is not working. The fence is there but you can walk through it :)

Ive added some more tablets to the C2M5 Finale ... oh what the heck just take my entire config.

dirka_dirka
02-12-2010, 10:34
rambomst, that will delete everything.. try using remove.

also, i think you need to be more specific then just that. use origins and/or hammerids.

rambomst
02-12-2010, 22:45
Thanks for that SkaP (https://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=66234) it worked like a charm! The help guide thingy wasn't exactly clear about how to remove specific models.

SkaP
02-13-2010, 02:22
Your welcome rambomst.

Three new strips for L4D2(get below).

1st is for C1M3 Mall. It has Atomic's change to force the bottom level of the crescendo if you don't have it already and I removed two props at that broken door in hallway before the crescendo. That broken door is considered a point of no return but if your smart you can push a chair or the mannequin in the room next to it and jump on top of it to get back over. I removed both of those props to make it a true point of no return.

2nd is for C2M1 highway. This strip adds the block for the shortcut that Atomic made(if you don't already have it) and also makes the billboard jump when getting into the Motel area a point of no return. It adds more to the fence on the bottom to block the exit/entrance from the road and puts a plank over the ladder so you can't get back up the billboard(like on the survival version of the map). If your team doesn't drop down together and someone gets incapped on the other side, he is now left for dead.

3rd strip is for C5M3 Cemetery. This strip makes that jump out of the house onto the trailer a true point of no return. A lot of people think you can't jump back across but you can. You still can on this strip but now if you jump off the trailer or don't make the jump correctly and fall down you will not get back up on top of the trailer. The ladder now doesn't work but it still works for infected. Now if the infected team is good they can pull or knock survivors off the trailer or out the hole while pulling another back and then that person is now left for dead.

C2M1... the fence which should block the jump on the bumper from the bus is not working. The fence is there but you can walk through it :)

You sure man it's working for me?

Skorpion1976
02-13-2010, 07:38
When I say I can walk through then I can walk through :). As itīs working for you there must be something in my stripper global config and I found the "good old" player_func illusionary and clip lines in it, in the filter section. That was working only in l4d1 to gain SI access to whole map instead of getting blocked by inv. walls. I will remove that stuff and try it again.
EDIT: Still not working. The fence at the bumper in c2m1 is letting everyone go through. I uploaded my config file for this map and stripper global file. Maybe thereīs an erroneous entry in it ? I donīt see one.

SkaP
02-13-2010, 18:59
Ok one more strip for C3M2 Swamp. This is a huge exploit blocker as it stops people from skipping the plane crescendo by jumping up the side of the plane. Thanks to a clipping issue you can easily jump over the plane without opening the door and activating the crescendo. This exploit blocker puts a huge debris wing on the spot of the clipping issue. Thanks to the way this is done this blocker looks a bit ugly as it clips the plane a bit but it had to be done. It kinda fits though since this is a crash site. I suggest using this as this exploit ruins the map.

Also Skorpion your filtering trigger_hurt ghost twice, I think thats your problem. Try Atomic's global filter looks like this:

filter:
{
}

filter:
{
}That will filter trigger_hurt_ghost and not kill them from falling or drowning.

I think I got all the major map exploits in the game. If anyone else knows of any big ones or even tiny ones let me know.

SkaP
02-14-2010, 06:31
Two fixed strips for C2M3 Coaster and C1M3 Mall.

C2M3 - I saw a team still skip the coaster with the gates in place by jumping on the wooden beams next to the fences then jumping back on top of coaster starting point. In testing I could do it easily as well as jumping to the fence on the other side and getting up. This new version adds 4 new props to stop that along with the 3 Atomic already made. I wish Valve would fix this one already getting tired of blocking it after seeing a new approach each time.

C1M3 - After seeing another mannequin while playing today in that hallway I originally didn't realize how many mannequins could spawn in that hallway when looking at the VMF of the map. This new version should get rid of all of them in that hallway so no one can back over that collapsed door. If anyone sees anymore spawn there let me know.

Skorpion1976
02-14-2010, 12:03
I tried the config file you gave me but C2M1 still not working. Then I removed everything from the global file, no change. I still can get through this fu...g fence :). I have no clue why. The fact I can go through reminds me of spawning items with leftfortdead builder. There you can add "d" or "p" to the spawn command (dynamics, physics) and I think with "d" I also could walk through the items. Strange is that this c2m1 file is working for everyone else but me :)

AtomicStryker
02-14-2010, 13:47
Here, i've outlined how dynamic pathing would work.

ent_fire relay_hard_route_spawn trigger

causes the "hard" route to be built at any ingame moment, and

ent_fire relay_hard_route_remove trigger

causes it to disappear.

EDIT:

damn forum eating the special characters, im adding it as file

Skorpion1976
02-14-2010, 13:55
@Atomic, there are strange symbols in your post. Can you upload it again, disabling smilies or whatever causes these symbols? Stripper wonīt let me change to c5m2 :)
EDIT: Itīs also in the config file now. I see symbols in notepad++, wordpad...

AtomicStryker
02-14-2010, 14:28
if its [ESC] symbols in npp++, theyre supposed to be there ^^

Skorpion1976
02-14-2010, 15:07
ah ok, I get it. thanks!
However I still cannot get the fences to work as theyīre supposed to. The fence in c5m2 on left side before park entry brakes me for short time (2/10 sec approx.) then I can walk through. The fence on c2m1 (shortcut over the bumper from the bus) doesnīt even brake me, it just lets me go through.
I reinstalled stripper 1.2.1, and put latest SM 1.4 2926 on server and deleted all plugins but SM out-of-the-box ones but still fences do not work for me. Is the fence not working on windows servers ?

@"targetname" "relay_hard_route_spawn" and "targetname" "relay_hard_route_remove":
You force the game to enable hard_route and in the second block you remove it ? I donīt get it. After I removed these 2 blocks in the map file the map looks the same, same blocking hedges all over. Where in c5m2 do I see the change about a hard route now ?:shock:

SkaP
02-14-2010, 16:49
Nice work Atomic I like it. I originally didn't do it this way(I wanted to have them maze it up the left side and forced though the gazebo then to the center) because technically by any team getting to the gazebo or toward the exit they got all the distance points for getting up there. I felt it was technically unfair that teams needed to backtrack to get more points and get no points because of it. Thinking about it now though no one would really notice and it does make it longer and harder.

Edit: I can never get the easy path to load, seems to always load the hard path. Must have reloaded it like 20 times.

Also Scorp I run a windows server and it works for me. It seems to me that the wasteland fence props are what are giving you problems. Can you load c2m1 highway and go to the motel. As you get to the motel stay on the road and when you finally hit that truck blocking your path try going though the two fences that block the motel that I added there and see if you can clip though those.

Also Atomic's code works like this. Those props are there no matter what like in my original but he added two logic relays that activate at map start. If the first logic relay activates the hedges will be there making the park long and maze like. If the second one activates then they are removed and the park looks normal making it easy. If you remove both relays the hedges will just be added like normal since all your doing is adding props.

dirka_dirka
02-14-2010, 17:45
either that code is missing something, or it cant be very dynamic. i loaded up a map 10-15 times with it always being hard mode.

is there supposed to be a logic_auto and/or a logic_case?

Skorpion1976
02-14-2010, 17:53
Now I get it, so hedge_spawn is DEPENDING on what relay gets activated. However, it always loads hard route, I loaded it 10 times in a row. But thatīs great indeed as I like the maze there, so the hedges will stay permanently :)
@fences: All other fences work but not the wasteland fence :). Exactly this one is letting everyone go through :)
@c5m2: I took this now for the fence on left side of park:

{
;Park Maze Blocker - Left Park entrance blocker
"solid" "6"
"origin" "-4840 -2864 -200"
"angles" "0 90 0"
"model" "models/props_urban/fence002_128.mdl"
"targetname" "hard_route_blocker"
}