PDA

View Full Version : Problems since update

Dickus
12-02-2005, 05:29
I'm having difficulty getting plugins to load when my server boots up. I've had some success loading mm plugins after the server is running, but not the DM plug. My error is;
02:23:13 Failed to load plugin addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm_i486.so (Could not find interface ServerGameDLL003)

I'm on linux, obviously, so why does it need the DLL?

BAILOPAN
12-02-2005, 06:42
Boy your avatar is annoying ;)

I've updated CS:S DM but I pulled an all-nighter to do so (Valve broke a lot). I'm too tired to release at this point and I'll do it later today after a period of stress testing.

Dickus
12-02-2005, 07:28
Thanks Bailopan

giggity giggity alright!

Viper_Vicki
12-02-2005, 07:34

I've updated CS:S DM but I pulled an all-nighter to do so (Valve broke a lot). I'm too tired to release at this point and I'll do it later today after a period of stress testing.

Great! Thank you so much

muted
12-02-2005, 13:35
Thanks for not getting sleep lastnight. Can't wait to see dm working again.

Couple quick ideas for you here -->

I noticed LDuke was working a on Round End Condition Script/MetaMod. It would be nice to incorporate some of this code into DM.

Options. The mapper should be able to issue a point server command and end the round in favor of ct or t team winning. (example if 1 team did "condition satisfied" then issue command for said team to win round)

You have probable already seen this code. It would give much more power to the dm metamod setup with custom maps.

Also an expansion of the spawning system would be very nice. The goal being keeping the player close to his teammates or to the action or away from the action or close to a team controlled point. Maybe you could even give mappers some options here.

One more thing as long as I am posting to you. Can you add a feature to add a variable amount of health to the client for each enemey killed with a variable max limit. This way the skilled player could possible stay alive longer even with many combat encounters. i.e.-> The mod could add 40 (HealthAddVar) health for every enemy the client kills with a max health of 150 (HealthMaxVar). Something like matties knife syphon code but for all kills.

Really great work by the way.

P.S. Do you work at a software company for your 9-5. Are you looking for any paid programming work?

Muted.

bOoya
12-02-2005, 13:47

I've updated CS:S DM but I pulled an all-nighter to do so (Valve broke a lot). I'm too tired to release at this point and I'll do it later today after a period of stress testing.do the dam thing homie. :wink:

BAILOPAN
12-02-2005, 13:52
Muted:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, are you talking about creating objectives and then terminating the round such that a team has one? If so, that's great and all, but CSDM doesn't have objectives ;). I'm fairly sure that I gave LDuke at least the basis of the code he uses for terminating rounds, I'll ask him about what you mentioned.

I think the health idea is interesting. I'll throw this in as a last minute feature.

I currently do not have a job. If there's something you'd like to talk about, you can PM me.

muted
12-02-2005, 14:54
I will pm you soon about some coding work.

The idea with the round end code would be to give mappers more control so as they might be able to fashion new objectives based upon the unique game play of cssdm.

It would be easy enough to fashion maps to the following objectives.
control points (flags) like dodsource.
map triggers (various)

possible list that mappers could then create
1st team to capture 10 flags (flag condition can be made by mapper)
1st team to capture 3 out of 5 control points (areas, or point flags)
cts or ts to setoff 3 explosive devices located around the map
cts or ts to capture a vehicle(functrain) and move it to exit point
team wins that triggers this or that map trigger, ect.
team wins who locates and kills all the hostages/victims
team wins who protects all the hostages for round time
team wins that escapes to escape zone
ect. ect.

Maps could be larger if we can control the win conditions and respawn locations.

It would even be possible to create a multi objective map. Round 1 access to 1st area with set objective 10min to trigger some condition, Round 2 spawn in new area with new objective same map, Round 3 spawn in 3rd area with final objective.

Respawns would be nice if clients would only respawn at a spawn points within the line of sight of a teammate but out of the line of sight of any enemy.

Just some ideas. Sorry to ramble.

Great work again on cssdm.

p.s. Is there no metamod that could make vehicles function in css?

Airboat dm would be fun.

Freecode
12-02-2005, 15:23
I currently do not have a job. If there's something you'd like to talk about, you can PM me.

LIES!!!!
you work for gaben (secretly)

itsallthesame
12-02-2005, 15:32
any idea when the patch will be available for public use?

dec03001
12-02-2005, 16:34
I think thats a great idea muted...now someone needs to creat a king of the hill map where it could be a team effort or a single effort as to who is on the top the longest wins....yada yada yad...you can also incorporate them having some kinda of perk for winning...

i personally like DM plain jane but would like this kingofthehill map so to say....

anyone of of such a map?

DEC03001!

muted
12-02-2005, 18:19
Map entities are the easy part.

If Bailopan gives us a great cssdm metamod we can make some unique maps for cssdm.

Another idea if you are still checking this thread "Bailopan".

Having a fy team kill counter would be cool.

You turn fy team counter mode on or off via point server command in the map or if the map name starts with aim or fy prefix.

Add one point to the team score every enemy kill. The team with the greatest score at the end of the round wins.

Reset the team score counter each round.

If you could keep a # of rounds won counter and display it at the end of the last round it would be nice but not necessary.

Keep up the good work.

hydravien
12-02-2005, 19:45
is the patch available yet? i am getting the same error now

BAILOPAN
12-02-2005, 21:41
You will be more patient.

05stang
12-02-2005, 23:09
its hard t be patient for the coolest mod EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH css, sucks without deathmatch.....

but seriously, whenever is fine =)

dec03001
12-03-2005, 09:17
lol...i just caught on....like 12 hours after reading bailopan's last post. "you will be more patient"

he did that like a jedi waving his hand around commanding you to shut up and be more patient....

LOL

you rock...............

dangit and why the crap wont it let me do my game moniter in my signature box...."html off" how do i turn it on...

05stang
12-03-2005, 13:23
i don't think mine shows either

05stang
12-03-2005, 13:26
dec, look here to fix your signature http://www.sourcemod.net/forums/faq.php?mode=bbcode#0

dec03001
12-03-2005, 13:53
TEST

imported_nighttrain
12-03-2005, 15:15
dec, look here to fix your signature http://www.sourcemod.net/forums/faq.php?mode=bbcode#0

I noticed your server says "Instant Respawn" in the title. How do I set mine to instant respawn?

05stang
12-03-2005, 15:30
deathmatch is instant respawn, it's down right now.... =/
when the patch comes out, i hope to have it back to instant respawn

UM_killer
12-03-2005, 15:57

Release V1.1.0zf_a (2nd December 2005)

This patch file will update your V1.1.0zf to the V1.1.0zf_a version to try and deal with the Valve update.

I have not updated the main installation files yet so if you reinstall from scratch, install V1.1.0zf then overwrite the binaries with this patch.

People who have tried the V1.2 Beta F version should delete their mani_player_settings.dat and mani_player_name_settings.dat files before restarting with V1.1.0zf_a

Changes
Fixed a stack problem with player settings (re-engineered from Beta version)
Fixed CBaseEntity, CBaseCombatCharacter, CBaseCombatWeapon issues caused by the new CSS update.

imported_nighttrain
12-03-2005, 16:44
deathmatch is instant respawn, it's down right now.... =/
when the patch comes out, i hope to have it back to instant respawn

I have a cssdm server. It takes 5 seconds to respawn now. Is there anyway to remove that 5 second count and have people instantly respawn?

dusp2k
12-03-2005, 18:20
At least you CAN respawn!

We are sitting here, staring at our screen to this forum, playing OTHER STUPID games, patiently waiting for the allmighty message from bailopan saying: "I fixed it, let's play DM again"

05stang
12-03-2005, 19:14
mani_player_settings.dat and mani_player_name_settings.dat MUST be deleted. i didn't and my server would not load..... it would just sit there. I almost missed these directions.....

dusp2k, you may be waiting a while, why not set css back to normal until the release? I have my mani advert to "After the steam update deathmatch was disabled until patched"

dusp2k
12-03-2005, 21:53
B.T.W I played on your server 05stang (or isn't it yours). It was good to play that good "old" css normal mode again for a while :). I liked the deagle map especially.

Yeah i think I'll put back the normal hosties/bomb mode just for fun.

Is it really Valve's fault not to consider compatibility with well known MOD's, or at least MOD's many servers are hosting ?
Cause if this happens everytime we get a steam update, where will this end ?

TSCDan
12-03-2005, 21:57
It may not be their responsibility to consider the impact on mods, but they should at least let developers get a heads up or even access to such updates before they are released so this kind of bs doesn't have to happen.
*Patiently waiting for an update to CSS:DM* :)
Any ETA Bailopan?

05stang
12-04-2005, 03:17
would donations help? maybe you could take a day off work if we paypaled a few bucks lol????? HELPPPP

dec03001
12-04-2005, 03:41
bumpidy up bump! lol

aur0ra
12-04-2005, 05:50
get the update out man! I got clan matches to play and it takes me 10 minutes to get warmed up on a deathmatch to an hour on normal public, i keep getting n00bed on the publics and i need this update :'(

05stang
12-04-2005, 21:48
"get the update out" - if people spoke to me this way, i wouldn't do a thing to help them. In the future maybe we could take the time to say thanks for what he has done, and hopefully will do...

awuh0
12-04-2005, 23:40
you could allways wait for neomattie to be fixed and use mine :comply:

haza55
12-04-2005, 23:46
Really there are like no one here who is greatfull for wat bailopin has done.
We i sure am.
If i could program in c++ i would help him out but i cant, so i appreacite what i have!

TSCDan
12-05-2005, 00:17
I am damn grateful for what bailo has done, and if I knew how to code for CSS, I would help him in a heartbeat.. (considers learning... lol). That's why I'm not constantly pestering him, but rather checking the forums roughly once an hour with hope that he will have released the update to this awesome plugin :D

kunk
12-05-2005, 02:49
WTF, where is the update already. The devels of Mani had a update out almost immedately. Whats the prob here?

05stang
12-05-2005, 02:55
hey kunk, you release it if it's so easy!

kunk
12-05-2005, 02:57
I am damn grateful for what bailo has done, and if I knew how to code for CSS, I would help him in a heartbeat.. (considers learning... lol). That's why I'm not constantly pestering him, but rather checking the forums roughly once an hour with hope that he will have released the update to this awesome plugin :D

I'm grateful for what hes done too BUT... I get the feeling that he really doesnt care too much about the DM plugin. I mean, its been 2 days since the Steam update and we still dont have a DM update yet. Bailo is always "I have very little time to work on DM". Ok cool, so setup a CVS with the source code so others that do have time can at least work on bug fixes and feature requests. Why keep the source code closed??

haza55
12-05-2005, 04:33
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I think i should learn C++

Hey bailopin how and when did u learn c++
like what age where u and how did u learn it eg a tutor a book wat

BX2050
12-05-2005, 10:29

:roll: Do what the man says :roll:

aur0ra
12-05-2005, 14:14
tbh valve should pay bailo 100,000 for the mod and have it as an integral part of the game

imported_Steak
12-05-2005, 16:44
"I've updated CS:S DM but I pulled an all-nighter to do so (Valve broke a lot). I'm too tired to release at this point and I'll do it later today after a period of stress testing. " -Bailopan, dec 2nd.

People have a bit of a right to be impatient. Dont get me wrong, i love DM-mod and what Bopo has done, but sitting here in the dark for 3 days after he said he would release is kindof nerve erking. I'm assuming something didnt go right in the stress testing but... no way to know for sure unless Bopo says something.

PvtJimmy
12-05-2005, 17:33
Anyone think that maybe something came up, I don't know, like his LIFE?!?! Bailo does ALL this for free so unless anyone here is sending him money to update the DM mod, NO ONE has a right to complain or bitch.

I don't blame him for not releasing the source code either, at least not yet, at least let it GA first, its still BETA.

dec03001
12-05-2005, 17:47
steak...........

BUMP

imported_Steak
12-05-2005, 18:02
Um, Jimmy, unless you can please point out in the forum rules where it says "no complaining...." you're wrong. As for something coming up, reread my post, thats basically what i said. It'd be nice to know that though, instead of sitting here hearing everyone's random guess about what that is. Also, several people have stated that they would send money to Bopo if it would help get DM mod up and running again. How long would it take Bopo to post on the forum something along the lines of 'sorry guys, this that this...' 15 minutes, max, and thats if he goes into a multiple page explaination. He could easily hop on for half a minute, just say word for word 'somethings come up' then hop off. Unless you want to assume he's a typer who just uses his index fingers and has to spend 5 minutes searching for the spacebar, which i highly, highly doubt.

Yes, he's doing this for free, as far as i know. But am i paying to keep my server running? yes, so unless you want to send me money to pay for my server, Jimmy... shhhh..

PvtJimmy
12-05-2005, 18:56

I think he already explained it pretty clearly....

But am i paying to keep my server running?

No one is forcing you to run a DM server....

All I am saying is give the guy a break....

imported_Steak
12-05-2005, 19:13
"You will be more patient"

isnt an explaination

and all im saying is Bopo should at least give the reason he didnt release the update when he said he would.

He should add a donation sectoin to the page though, several people have said they would donate, and if he gets DM up and running again soon i would as well.

2bit
12-05-2005, 19:23
What we are facing is the standard delays and lack of information we see from Valve, EA, and just about every other developer. We should all be used to it.

Its annoying, I have been checking these forums every few hours for an update.

I just hope that our best bud Bailo either gets it done or provides an update on the situation soon.

Im sure Bailo can understand the fustration.

haza55
12-05-2005, 20:21
get this into ur head he may have to go through hundreds or maybe thounsands of lines of code.

Mani had to rewrite a large part of his plugin.

So just wait.

Can a mod lock this topic