PDA

View Full Version : DeadVox 2.0.0 Beta (Sat 11/03/06)

c0ldfyr3
11-24-2005, 07:37
DeadVox
Version: 2.0.0 Beta

What Is It ?
DeadVox is a *hopefully* a MOD INDEPENDANT server plugin to allow voice communication between all dead players regardless of team.

Features:
- Once a player is dead, all other dead clients can hear them speak.
- Allow living players to speak to all dead players regardless of team but not vice versa (Cvar controlled).

What will be added:
- Single Player to Single Recipient voice communication.

Why release this ?
There have been a few requests and while browsing the Neomod sourcecode I found some interesting pieces which helped alot so why not throw one together.

How do I use it?
You need to download (http://sourcemm.net/) and Install (http://sourcemm.net/?go=docs&doc=install) SourceMM.
Extract the zip archive to cstrike/addons/deadvox/bin. Creating the deadvox/bin folders as you go. (cstrike is only an example, dods etc etc)
Next, set it up like a normal plugin (http://sourcemm.net/?go=docs&doc=plugins) adding the following line to your metaplugin.ini.

addons/deadvox/bin/deadvox_mm

If you start your server now, and type "meta list" into the console, you should see a line that says

-Id- Name Version Author Status
[01] DeadVox v2.0.0 B c0ldfyr3 RUN

Don't worry if it isnt exactly like that, as long as it says run you are all set.

Now, all dead players should be able to voice communicate.

Okay, where can I get it?
Win32 and Linux binaries are both provided in the download section at the Deadvox website (http://www.c0ld.net/DeadVox/) as well as more documentation.

Remember: This is a Beta so it may not function 100% as of yet, but bear with me im sure there wont be many problems.

All feedback good and bad is gladly welcomed.

Thanks to..
L Duke, Spinner, SoopaFLY, devicenull, Fysh, BAILOPAN, the AdminMod dev team, Mani and anyone else I forgot im really sorry.
Get DeadVox now ! (http://www.c0ld.net/DeadVox/)

sniper_strike
11-24-2005, 19:20
REQUEST:

add the ability to disable people who have hlss enabled because it bugs when you hear kids spamming there crappy music over there mics using half life sound selector

good plugin though single to single user communication would be awsome

Ster
11-24-2005, 20:42
REQUEST:

add the ability to disable people who have hlss enabled because it bugs when you hear kids spamming there crappy music over there mics using half life sound selector

good plugin though single to single user communication would be awsomeSo ban him?

sniper_strike
11-24-2005, 22:26
REQUEST:

good plugin though single to single user communication would be awsomeSo ban him?

admins arnt on a server 24/7 god damnit

c0ldfyr3
11-25-2005, 10:42
Does it work was the question =D ?

The bots I tested with wouldnt talk to me :P

FlyingMongoose
11-25-2005, 12:43
It works...you can take those logging lines out now...lol, or apply them to your new functions next beta ;)

oh and sorry to tell you, but certain portions of what's planned may need access flags...or at least an admin list that coincides w/ a cvar. Private voice chat should be limited to admins only in my opinion...it gets bad enough seeing people ask for a map change in chat or ask for a kick or a ban of someone when they shouldn't be, we don't need private mic spamming...

So I'm thinking 1 of 2 things

Access flag to allow for voice chat
or
List of admins and a cvar that says "only this list of SteamID's can use this private voice chat" function.

Also, certain functions probably should be cvars, and individual ability to turn off the alltalk while dead is something plenty of people have asked for in our clan (if this function was ever added...which it was.) Yeah muting them shuts 'em up, but what if you end up on same team and want to hear strategic relay? so on and so forth...anyway, good job so far :)

I'm starting to think the excessive log lines are causing problems in the logs. I may have to remove the plugin until it's fixed.

FlyingMongoose
11-25-2005, 15:39
Well the excessive log lines aren't *PROBLEMATIC* Per Se, but they do produce MASSIVE logs files, and NFO has a nice little rcon tool that lets you actively read the log as it updates...well...it takes *FOREVER* for this to updateb ecause of the size of the log since this plugin was installed. Removing the log lines/output would be a good idea ;). Enable it for other functions later for testing, or set up a cvar to disable it.

FlyingMongoose
11-25-2005, 18:28
We had to disable it. The output was just too much...

c0ldfyr3
11-26-2005, 16:02
Ok, added the Alive players being able to chat to dead players option.

You can disable that with a cvar deadvox_taunt, set it to 0.

Let me know folks.

sniper_strike
11-26-2005, 18:45
what about hlss disabler :(

o and do u mean like all talk or just dead players can hear both teams alive players talk they just cant talk back

thats tight

c0ldfyr3
11-26-2005, 19:13
what about hlss disabler :(

o and do u mean like all talk or just dead players can hear both teams alive players talk they just cant talk back

thats tight

Yes, dead players can hear all alive players but cannot speak to them.
It allows for taunting after a good kill etc =)

How am I supposed to know if they have HLSS or not ?

sniper_strike
11-26-2005, 19:18
if u read the hlss readme u need like certain voice commnads set to 1
http://hlss.us/setuphlss/index.php?id=css
voice_inputfromfile or something

also can u add a console command to disable anny dead chat so like during scrims u can just set it to 0

c0ldfyr3
11-26-2005, 19:26
Ya, deadvox_enabled 0, its there already =)

As for those cvars, they are only enabled during the actual transmitting so i dunno, ill check tho.

FlyingMongoose
11-26-2005, 22:41
seems like it fails on load...not sure why. Looking more into it.

c0ldfyr3
11-26-2005, 22:45
Re-download.

FlyingMongoose
11-26-2005, 22:56
k :)

So far it loads without error, but gotta do a server restart to really find out, and can't do that with any population.

sslice
11-27-2005, 00:11

As for those cvars, they are only enabled during the actual transmitting so i dunno, ill check tho.

Just check it on every ::ClientCommand, would be a nice feature.

sniper_strike
11-28-2005, 23:21

Just check it on every ::ClientCommand, would be a nice feature.

it sure is!

KiN | SuicideDog
12-02-2005, 00:29
wow! another conversion of my good old DEADCHAT plugin from the amx days. It's amazing how many ppl liked that plugin. Nice work man!

sniper_strike
12-02-2005, 01:33
wow! another conversion of my good old DEADCHAT plugin from the amx days. It's amazing how many ppl liked that plugin. Nice work man!

i love u for making it

hlss disabler!!!! please

c0ldfyr3
12-02-2005, 03:20
Ok, update on my progresss.

I've added a player selection menu so you can add and remove people from your list of listeners.

Also adding the HLSS disabler via server cvar so all hlss punks can be blocked. I also really hate that program.

Maybe here today, maybe tomorrow, depends on the time I have and how much BF 2 I feel the need to play =)

sniper_strike
12-02-2005, 19:50
Ok, update on my progresss.

I've added a player selection menu so you can add and remove people from your list of listeners.

Also adding the HLSS disabler via server cvar so all hlss punks can be blocked. I also really hate that program.

Maybe here today, maybe tomorrow, depends on the time I have and how much BF 2 I feel the need to play =)

awsome so here will be an ingame mute that works!

awsome about hlss being blocked have u tested it?

c0ldfyr3
12-04-2005, 16:13
DeadVox is currently not available.

Working on an update, its going to need an entire re-vamp.

On the bright side; GoreMod, SprayMod and the HostiTron are all fixed =)

sniper_strike
12-04-2005, 16:18
DeadVox is currently not available.

Working on an update, its going to need an entire re-vamp.

On the bright side; GoreMod, SprayMod and the HostiTron are all fixed =)

:*( ok cool cant wait till its working again

FlyingMongoose
12-05-2005, 08:48
kinda sucks considering you just got it working, e-mail me if you need more testing done.

sniper_strike
12-05-2005, 23:09
i can test also just pm me if u neeed

FlyingMongoose
12-06-2005, 10:23
Apparently his raid 0 HD's crashed. go read c0ld.net... :(
This plugin may take a while...
He says he never backs up anything :cry:

sniper_strike
12-06-2005, 21:24
Apparently his raid 0 HD's crashed. go read c0ld.net... :(
This plugin may take a while...
He says he never backs up anything :cry:

NO RESTORE IT

have a place rip out the tape of the hard drive and save it!

sniper_strike
12-23-2005, 02:28
are u still gonna bother with this plugin once ur done remaking other ones c0ld?

FlyingMongoose
12-23-2005, 09:54
Hope he doesn't mind if I answer for him.

He's going to have a bit extra time in the near future to kick up the rest of his projects again, but be patient because he has to re-write them ENTIRELY since his HD crashed.

c0ldfyr3
02-28-2006, 03:55
I just fixed my signature for GetVoiceGameMgr so DeadVox will be back in action ASAP.

Just thought i'd let you know =)

L. Duke
02-28-2006, 10:11
:shock:

awuh0
02-28-2006, 17:28
if u read the hlss readme u need like certain voice commnads set to 1
http://hlss.us/setuphlss/index.php?id=css
voice_inputfromfile or something

also can u add a console command to disable anny dead chat so like during scrims u can just set it to 0

voice_inputfromfile 0
alias voice_inputfromfile "echo No morons with mic's allowed here"

That will stop 99% of the morons.
(yes you have to client execute it.. try matties plugin)

c0ldfyr3
03-01-2006, 11:28
I have a better method =)

In reality, nobody needs to use voice_inputfromfile for anything constructive, so admins should be allowed to disable anyone using it.
So, I am making this one feature of the plugin on its own, seperate to the Dead Talk and taunting.

The plugin now checks for the voice_inputfromfile command, and flags that user as ignored untill they stop talking.

I am thinking of changing the plugins name to CSS Vox, and including some sort of interclan communication, so if lets say, you use a +clanrecord, it will only allow other players on the server with your clan tag to hear. Its very very much an alpha right now, but im hoping it will work as I planned.

The single user to user voice communication may be out for the moment, seeing as it would take so much for a player to set it up and use, but the idea and half-code is still there.

More as it comes.

c0ldfyr3
03-11-2006, 13:56
Ok, uploaded v2.0.0b, let me know of any problems.

sslice
03-11-2006, 17:11

I am thinking of changing the plugins name to CSS Vox, and including some sort of interclan communication, so if lets say, you use a +clanrecord, it will only allow other players on the server with your clan tag to hear.

I could see this being exploited, by someone just changing their name to listen in on the convo, lol.

FlyingMongoose
03-11-2006, 17:52
configuration files based on steamid's

so only broadcasts to the steamid or IP inside of that config (of course executed beforehand so as not having to read the file every time a button is pressed)

peagle
06-30-2006, 10:45
Ok, uploaded v2.0.0b, let me know of any problems.

I still use, and love this plugin. I have a rolling advertisement that lets people know:

ALL TALK [ON] FOR DEAD PEOPLE

So people understand it's not an alltalk server. If that could be built into DeadVox that would be great (say as a middle, bottom-justified c-say)

Possible in a future update?

I am thinking of changing the plugins name to CSS Vox, and including some sort of interclan communication, so if lets say, you use a +clanrecord, it will only allow other players on the server with your clan tag to hear. Its very very much an alpha right now, but im hoping it will work as I planned.

configuration files based on steamid's so only broadcasts to the steamid or IP inside of that config (of course executed beforehand so as not having to read the file every time a button is pressed)

That would be neat, although most clans probably have Vent/Teamspeak for this purpose. If there were a way to make the game-chat mic for clan members appear in green or something (instead of the terror-red/ct-blue voice boxs), then I could see this being much less confusing.

Thanks again!

FlyingMongoose
07-01-2006, 13:47
The use of it would be more for an admin pointing some voice chat at someone going out of line ;).

Also, he actually has a bit of this plugin put into his zombiemod... (communication between zombies only)

Basically give specific people (admin flag) the ability to talk to other specific people.

+voiceto STEAMID

Okay, breakdown of what I'm thinking

+clanrecord = List of people in a config file based on steamid
+voiceto STEAMID = basically can be boudn to speak to an individual based on their steamid but only if you're in the clanrecord list

then of course the dead alltalk

But also remember this: Since c0ld's last update to this plugin his HD had failed and had become unrecoverable, so the original sourcecode to this plugin is lost, however that doesn't mean he can't do it again, if he does release a new version of this plugin it will take some time.

c0ldfyr3
07-02-2006, 13:29
But also remember this: Since c0ld's last update to this plugin his HD had failed and had become unrecoverable, so the original sourcecode to this plugin is lost, however that doesn't mean he can't do it again, if he does release a new version of this plugin it will take some time.
Actually, this is the re-write =)
I did it just after the HD crash as it was one of my smaller projects and I just sat down one night and completed it in a couple of hours because its such a small project.
It works flawlesly as it is, so I have kind of put the project to the bottom of my TODO list for a while. Not to mean I wont take it up again but I just dont know when ill have time yet.

Koshy
06-04-2007, 11:35
I would love to see this allow dead people to talk to all other dead people, but not living people, BUT ALSO have all living people be able to talk to ALL living people AND dead people....

whats the diff between this and alltalk?

alltalk dead can talk to living....

Thanks,
- Koshy

tcviper
10-22-2007, 08:30
Is this plugin still working?
Maybe it could be converted to Sourcemod? Coldfyre?

Zydu
06-27-2010, 15:15
Can any one update this plugin so it will work on metamod 1.8.2 with CSS on OB?

thetwistedpanda
06-27-2010, 16:32
Uhm, you shouldn't need it, look into sm_deadtalk.

Zydu
06-28-2010, 07:26
Actually I want only to be able to communicate with dead players from opposite team while I'm dead.

I've tried sm plugins allowing that, but they were not working properly.