PDA

View Full Version : SprayMod 1.2.0 B (04 Dec)

c0ldfyr3
11-16-2005, 01:48
SprayMod
Version: 1.2.0 Beta

What Is It ?
SprayMod is a CS Only (temporarily) server side spray management plugin/tool that allows admins to see details about the closest Player Decal (Spray) as well as a menu of actions to peform on the sprayer.

Features:
- Locates the closest spray to you.
- User Name and Steam ID of sprayer displayed.
- Admin flags.
- Command menu; Warn, Slap, Slay, Kick, Temp Ban, Perma Ban, Watch and Block !
- Watch Feature to allow for displaying when a user sprays their tag.
- Block feature to block players from using their spray by Steam ID.
- Load and save Blocked Userlist on map change.
- Everything editable via server cvars.
- Admin list so you can add more than one user.
- Beam to Spray from your location.

What will be added:
Block player decals by SteamID instead of banning childish players.
Remove offensive decals from wall option.

Why release this ?
Alot of servers I play on are family only, and for some time now admins have been asking me what can they do about pesky perverts and their childish sprays.
Up to now, I told them use some other unstable plugin which I myself have never used so loathed to refer.
Now, with this fully under my control I know these server admins can rest assured on a slim line, easy to manage and most importantly, crash free Spray Manager.

How do I use it?
You need to download (http://sourcemm.net/) and Install (http://sourcemm.net/?go=docs&doc=install) SourceMM. Next, set it up like a normal plugin (http://sourcemm.net/?go=docs&doc=plugins). If you start your server now, and type "meta list" into the console, you should see a line that says

-Id- Name Version Author Status
[01] SprayMod v1.2.0 B c0ldfyr3 RUN

Don't worry if it isnt exactly like that, as long as it says run you are all set.

You can stop your server now, and set up the users file. This goes in moddir\addons\spraymod\ and is named users.cfg
The format is very simple, one SteamID per line.

Okay, where can I get it?
Win32 and Linux binaries are both provided in the download section at the SprayMod website (http://SprayMod.c0ld.net) as well as more documentation.

Remember: This is a Beta so it may not function 100% as of yet, but bear with me im sure there wont be many problems.

All feedback good and bad is gladly welcomed.

[UPDATE 04 Dec 2005 1.2.0 B]
- Fixed to work with latest Valve update.

[UPDATE 21 Nov 2005 1.1.0 B]
- Fixed slap slapping admin.
- Added Warn & Slay.
- Added admin flags.
- Added Block function.
- Added sound hooking/intervention.
- Added comments to users.cfg
- Added loading/saving blocked list.
- Added more client and server commands.

Thanks to..
L Duke, Spinner, SoopaFLY, devicenull, BAILOPAN, the AdminMod dev team, Mani and anyone else I forgot im really sorry.
Get SprayMod now ! (http://SprayMod.c0ld.net/)

ichthys
11-16-2005, 02:56
Awesome!

Mani
11-16-2005, 05:20
Hi c0ldfyr3,

If you are using the Lance VOrgin method for getting at temp ents on windows you should be aware that the offsets change from mod to mod.

I'm not sure if temp_ents->BeamPoints() function works in DoD:Source either (could be wrong on that).

Mani

c0ldfyr3
11-16-2005, 10:25
Thanks for the heads up Mani. I wasnt aware it changed, I thought because of the nature of IEffects most mods wouldnt bother changing it.

As for the BeamPoints, im not using it so im hoping itll be ok =)

As I stated, its a beta, I have no mods other than CS:S and HL2DM installed so I cant test it on anything else.
The linux version also has not even been loaded by me whatsoever so im waiting to hear does it even load.

Searching Game-Monitor at this point only shows three servers active and their all windows ded so im keeping my fingers crossed.

imported_m0r0n
11-16-2005, 11:38
Nice idea for a plugin. I'll test it out on DoD:S.

FlyingMongoose
11-16-2005, 12:46
After testing w/ more than 1 user and more than 1 spray, I found out that I ended up slapping myself instead of the person who showed up on the menu...that's kind of bothersome, though the warnings and kicks still work right.

Wolvie
11-16-2005, 14:15
work well man! Thx for your hard work

FlyingMongoose
11-16-2005, 17:03
A few suggestions:

Access levels.

Like a flag for kick, and warn and slap, and so on and so forth.

A number of warns before an auto kick variable (if 0 or -1 warns can be infinite)

A number of kicks before a temp ban. a number of t emp bans before permaban.

Oh, and a warn and a slay function.

showdax
11-16-2005, 19:50
Thanks for the heads up Mani. I wasnt aware it changed, I thought because of the nature of IEffects most mods wouldnt bother changing it.

Use signatures instead of offsets.

c0ldfyr3
11-16-2005, 20:28
Wanna give me a sig for ITempEntsSystem =D

c0ldfyr3
11-16-2005, 20:37
A few suggestions:

Access levels.

Like a flag for kick, and warn and slap, and so on and so forth.

A number of warns before an auto kick variable (if 0 or -1 warns can be infinite)

A number of kicks before a temp ban. a number of t emp bans before permaban.

Oh, and a warn and a slay function.

Ok, the flags, maybe im not sure yet, its only a Spray plugin, and if someone is really that obedient they really shouldnt be on your server anyway.

The warns before auto-kick, do you mean saved warns so if they do it another day it kicks ?
Im not sure I want to add all that much saving/loading, it leads to problems and confusions but ill consider it.

Slaying, ya ill add that right now.

FlyingMongoose
11-16-2005, 21:38
I was thinking within the time connected to the server. Example:

Player joins w/ inapropriate spray, if I warn them 3 times since the initial connect they get kicked.

the 3 can be a variable.

The Access Flags: Because there are servers who only give certain access (like banning) to certain users.

and like I said...as an administrator, you only end up slapping yourself with more than 1 people...not the user on the menu.

and immunity.

c0ldfyr3
11-17-2005, 09:13
Adding all, will be done in a lil while.

Immunity im not sure of tho, I have only a con, cant think of any pros.

Admins should not be allowed to spray offensive tags either, if they had immunity then its kind of hypocritical dont ya think ?

Also, about what Mani said, I am using BeamPoints.
I can firmly remember changing that to IEffects->Beam the other night but after checking my memory serves me wrong. Sorry Mani, I am actually using BeamPoints, as you said, Beam has no user filter.

Falco
11-17-2005, 10:29
When I goto use in console I get. [Spray]Sorry not allowed to use, something in that context. I have added myself and my admins to the users.cfg file as per instructions. The plugin is loaded just can't access menu. Any suggestions?

Mani
11-17-2005, 10:44

Use signatures instead of offsets.

Can you guarantee the sigscan will work across

CS:S
HL2:DM
Dystopia
CTF
Hidden
etc

c0ldfyr3
11-17-2005, 11:02
When I goto use in console I get. [Spray]Sorry not allowed to use, something in that context. I have added myself and my admins to the users.cfg file as per instructions. The plugin is loaded just can't access menu. Any suggestions?

spray_listusers in console, it will list all users. Tell me if your there.

Wolvie
11-17-2005, 14:09
I had that happen once or twice as well. All I did was reconnect and it was fine

FlyingMongoose
11-17-2005, 14:49
Also make sure there is *NOTHING* in the line w/ the steam id BUT the steam id (I had a comment in it but apparently the plugin reads the whole line)

Oh, and any news on the bug I posted? I'm trying to do more thorough testing but here's what I think happens.

Admin Sprays Logo
User Sprays Logo
Open Menu (shows admin's)
Slap (for testing, this may not be needed)
menu closes or close menu
Open again, user logo shows up
Warn and Slap slaps admin and warns user.

I'm willing to test more of this for you.

FS.Zombie
11-17-2005, 18:57
Wow...
Very nice job indeed.

Falco
11-18-2005, 01:54
My bad, I had put //comments after the steam users id. Thanks for the help.

Wolvie
11-18-2005, 09:08
I have tried to put this plugin on a linux box but am getting this errror when I try to load it:

undefined symbol: pfSqrt

c0ldfyr3
11-18-2005, 10:02
The slap is fixed in the next version, adding slay etc too thats whats takin so long. Bear with me folks.

Ill have a look at the pfSquirt error too.

FlyingMongoose
11-18-2005, 12:49
Cool :).

I wouldn't mind being able to put comments after the steam id's though...I like knowwing which admin is which (I put their in game names in the comments) of course...I could always put them on the line before...

c0ldfyr3
11-18-2005, 12:51
Ya thats also in the pipeline ;)

Its tough to find time for a girlfriend and coding these plugins, they take alot of research into the most minute of details sometimes.

c0ldfyr3
11-18-2005, 13:59
Ok, new version this weekend fixes all addressed problems.
Adding warn and slay, language file and fixing admin configuration ontop of banning a player from using their spray on your server.

Watch this space !

FlyingMongoose
11-18-2005, 15:44
I know, I've been programming for about 4 years now, but I horribly suck at C++ (I have taken 1 class on it and failed miserably :( )

...but yeah it always sucks when you go sifting through line after line to only find you forgot a comma...or a semicolon...or you capitalized a character when you shouldn't have...

but I understand the strings and concepts behind coding ;), like that you probably have to capture or trap the spray event on the client, or you set up an "auto remove" after the spray showed up, etc. etc., just guessing though.

Wolvie
11-20-2005, 19:22
Adding warn and slay, language file and fixing admin configuration ontop of banning a player from using their spray on your server.

Watch this space !

Im still getting this error with a linux box Im testing

I have tried to put this plugin on a linux box but am getting this errror when I try to load it:

undefined symbol: pfSqrt

FlyingMongoose
11-20-2005, 20:12

Watch this space !

This weekend is almost over...you lied to us! :P lol, I'm patient though...I'll forgive...

c0ldfyr3
11-21-2005, 12:55
At last, an update.
Let me know what the shizzle nizzle is with this one.
I think I fixed the pfSqrt problem also.

[UPDATE 21 Nov 2005 1.1.0 B]
- Fixed slap slapping admin.
- Added Warn & Slay.
- Added admin flags.
- Added Block function.
- Added sound hooking/intervention.
- Added comments to users.cfg
- Added loading/saving blocked list.
- Added more client and server commands.

http://SprayMod.c0ld.net

FlyingMongoose
11-21-2005, 16:57
Much Love!

c0ldfyr3
11-21-2005, 17:46
mongoose, would you be up for testing a DEAD VOICE CHAT plugin ?

I think I cracked it but need to test.

Wolvie
11-21-2005, 20:45
thx for the linux fix dude.....all is good!

c0ldfyr3
11-21-2005, 21:23
Wolvie would you be able to help me test a plug ?

Wolvie
11-21-2005, 22:05
sure

FlyingMongoose
11-22-2005, 09:52
absolutely. :)

We've got a few people asking for it in our server.

Hellraiser
11-27-2005, 06:22
ok i got it installed but now when i spray it crashed my server what did i do wrong i put mu stem id in the cfg to help i am runnibg beetlefart mod. and when i do meta list it says no file.

FlyingMongoose
11-28-2005, 11:06
what mod, and other plugins

c0ldfyr3
11-29-2005, 09:54
ok i got it installed but now when i spray it crashed my server what did i do wrong i put mu stem id in the cfg to help i am runnibg beetlefart mod. and when i do meta list it says no file.

No File means the path you added to your 'addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini' is wrong.

It should be, all lowercase...
addons/spraymod/bin/spraymod_mm
No .dll, no _i486.so, just what I have above.

Falco
12-03-2005, 12:25
Since update I cannot get this to work. Causes server to crash. Metamod is running fine.

c0ldfyr3
12-04-2005, 16:12
Update ready to be deployed. ETA: 30 mins.

c0ldfyr3
12-04-2005, 17:25
Fixed.

FlyingMongoose
12-04-2005, 20:35
Your web server seems to be down...if you need a mirror let me know ;).

FlyingMongoose
12-04-2005, 20:42
It's working now ;).

sniper_strike
12-04-2005, 21:15
wait is the HLSS blockage and SINGLE PLAYER muting in this version?

Hellraiser
12-21-2005, 06:43
ok i put the spray mod on but now when is say who spray it dose not give me a menu i did the spray_info did i do somethig wrong it dose dont give the list .

Hellraiser
12-23-2005, 09:29
ok i put the spray mod on but now when is say who spray it dose not give me a menu i did the spray_info did i do somethig wrong it dose dont give the list . come on some 1 help me out plz.

FlyingMongoose
12-23-2005, 09:52
What kind of server (windows or linux)?

What version of SourceMM?

What do you have in your metaplugins.ini?

What do you have in your cfg/spraymod/users.cfg?

Hellraiser
12-23-2005, 16:58
What kind of server (windows or linux)?

What version of SourceMM?

What do you have in your metaplugins.ini?

What do you have in your cfg/spraymod/users.cfg?windows 1.2 meta and in the cfg folder ini addons/spraymod/bin/spraymod_mm

FlyingMongoose
12-23-2005, 19:12
Okay here's the structure it should be

addons
--addons/metamod
--addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini
---addons/metamod/bin
---addons/metamod/bin/server.dll
--addons/spraymod
--addons/spraymod/bin/spraymod_mm.dll
--cfg/spraymod
---cfg/spraymod/spraymod.cfg
---cfg/spraymod/users.cfg

In metaplugins.ini it should show

In users.cfg you should have the line
STEAM_X:X:XXXXXX,abcdeis

Replacing the X's with the actual # of your steamID

That should be everything.

Hellraiser
12-23-2005, 23:42
Okay here's the structure it should be

addons
--addons/metamod
--addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini
---addons/metamod/bin
---addons/metamod/bin/server.dll
--addons/spraymod
--addons/spraymod/bin/spraymod_mm.dll
--cfg/spraymod
---cfg/spraymod/spraymod.cfg
---cfg/spraymod/users.cfg

In metaplugins.ini it should show

In users.cfg you should have the line
STEAM_X:X:XXXXXX,abcdeis

Replacing the X's with the actual # of your steamID

That should be everything.
ok got that part menu works now but kick or ban dose not do u no y.

merlin.huff
12-24-2005, 08:05
Running this on our linux server now, will let you know how we get on

FlyingMongoose
12-24-2005, 13:12
hmmm it should work banning, not sure why, what's your users.cfg look like?

Falco
01-08-2006, 00:25
Crashes server, win ded server metamod v1.2

c0ldfyr3
01-08-2006, 13:49
Yup i need to update it, gimme a little while, had a HD crash a while ago so I have to start from scratch.

Falco
01-08-2006, 16:15
No worries, running mm v1.1.2 for now.

Hellraiser
01-08-2006, 18:57
No worries, running mm v1.1.2 for now. hi can u send me a copy of the 1.1.2 i for got to back it up now i cant get in my server ty or give a link sourcemod only has 1.2 now.

ratty
01-28-2006, 03:48
For the rewrite, I'd be happy if it could just log the spray in the logs for later review.
The game stores them in VTF format in downloads/ as .dat files with names like 851d12af.dat, I have a web page (http://yr.rat.org/sprays/) with all the sprays that people use on my server updated automatically, if I could match it up with player names that would be neat.
And hopefully the rewrite won't be CS only so I can actually use it.

Hellraiser
03-20-2006, 03:38
is there ever going to be a new one out soon

Isias
07-30-2006, 18:51
I have a web page with all the sprays that people use on my server updated automaticallyHm, any change of sharing the script?

tcviper
11-29-2006, 09:27
Any possible update on this plugin to make it work again on all Source games? Maybe also possible to let it use the AdminInterface from BAT?

PureSpider
11-29-2006, 11:57
yup, thought of that, too
any sort of update would be nice :D