PDA

View Full Version : Post 9-23-05 Steam Patch Team Wins Issue

Miggle
09-23-2005, 19:17
I had to re-modify my GameInfo.txt for metamod since the patch (which I expected). However I noticed that the once a team wins (due to default map goals), that team's round wins keep going up every second. Although it is nice self esteem builder seeing an opposing team with -20000 wins. :)

Nothing else that I can see and it the round wins hasn't been causing any lag so I'm not to worried. I'm having that problem under Win2003 Server, WinXP and Win2000 platforms. My Linux box is testing Vista right now so I don't know if Linux platforms are affected. I figured I would just let someone know.

Will the round wins going to cause any major issue that I should be worried about?

-Miggle

anders_dog
09-23-2005, 21:25
Well, you're one step up on me. None of the menus work except for the initial 'choose ...', and that just disappears after the first use. Can't buy guns, scores are weird, and spawn points don't work either (only default spawn works). Basically it appears the config file is being completely ignored.

EDIT: fixed completely by running dos2unix on the cssdm.cfg file. I'd wget-ed the file direct to the server, unziping it retained dos line ends. My bad -- should have searched a bit wider through the forums. If I had I'd have found the ftp ascii/binary threads.

PvtJimmy
09-24-2005, 09:09
Disregard, I figured it out...:)

Buzzard
09-25-2005, 11:08
Anders - in order for the menu to work, you need to upload the configs etc as ASCII and not BINARY using FTP.

anders_dog
10-09-2005, 23:08
Best not to rely on ascii ftp, as it is unreliable on some servers and some clients.

I suppose if you only have ftp access to your server that's the only option you have though. For the rest of us there's ssh and basic utilities like dos2unix.