PDA

View Full Version : Feel like a cousin

PredX97
08-28-2005, 09:54
Right now with the help I have recieved from people I feel like a familys little cousin that comes to a party and has to stand in the corner and find ways to amuse himself. I have asked for help here and there doing pms going to different parts and yet I have recieved no reply nor I have I recieved but 1 post on my topics saying it is not possible to do what you want when I made a post about adding a weapons mod to HL2 DM through a plugin. I just want a simple answer such as use the garbage in the server plugin you see and add in this to have a text window come up or do this in order to compile your plugin so that it works but alas I am rejected and pushed out into the cold street along with the others who want to learn how to program stuff like this but are rejected by those who know how to do it.

imported_BlueRaja
08-30-2005, 10:08
The ability to download the SDK comes with HL2.

If you don't know C++, buy a book and learn it, and expect to spend several months; this isn't something you can just learn from scratch in a week.

PredX97
08-30-2005, 11:48
well I know c++ and how to code it but when I ask specific question that seem newbish to expert coders I get the cold shoulder. I'm not expecting people to lead me around by the hand like a little child, I just need a helping hand up so that I can understand what somethings do and how to use my c++ compiler on my laptop to make the .dll files.