PDA

View Full Version : ModelChanger

L. Duke
06-25-2005, 23:46
ModelChanger Plugin for SourceMM
by L. Duke

----------------------------------------------
Game Modes

1. Old School - players can pick their model from a menu (works like the old CS1.6 four models per team).

2. Server Picks - The server admin will set one custom model for each team to replace the standard T and CT models.

3. Admins are Special - Admins on each team are easily identified because they have a different player model.

4. BONUS admin chicken command - With this enabled admins can turn anyone into a chicken. A chicken can only peck (knife) their enemies to death. Based on the old CS chicken plugin and brought to you by BringBackTheChickens.com (http://www.bringbackthechickens.com) - I want my chickens back!
----------------------------------------------

To download pre-configured model packages and view screenshots:
http://www.lduke.com/plugins/modelchanger.php

Check out the readme to find out how to use your own custom models.

The custom content does not overwrite any existing files on the server or client (the new models will not still be enabled if a client joins another server).

Version History

Version 1.0.2
- Linux .so added (tested on Mepis 3.3.1-1)
- Changed so model choice is only applied on round start to prevent players from spamming model changes
- Updated to prevent treating other plugins menu choices as model choice menu response
- Updated to prevent non-admins from occasionally being given admin model
- Updated to fix problem with admins sometimes keeping model from old team when changing teams
- Added command mc_version (all players) to display plugin version to console
- Added command mc_defmod name (admins only) to change 'name' to standard terror/urban model
- Added command mc_noadmin 0/1 (admins only) to be assigned models like a non-admin
- Added command mc_chickenall (admins only) to turn all players into chickens
- Added center say message to player displaying their model choice
- Added notice telling players to type 'mc_menu' in console to choose a player model (frequency set by mc_noticefreq in config file)

Version 1.0.1
- beta release (windows only)

Both Mani and Beetle have now included this functionality in their server admin mods.

I have left the models on my site since they are compatible with their plugins. http://www.LDuke.com/plugins/modelchanger.php

sslice
06-25-2005, 23:59
Might want to include a fixed SourceMM until RC2, otherwise it'll crash.

tron73
06-26-2005, 02:36
Thats the way, Source-Servers should be in the future! Go on!

M|k33[K-9]
06-26-2005, 03:51
I looked at your documentation on this plugin, and wonder if I can get it to work with HL2-DM, or if it would be possible to modify it so it would allow the two HL2DM teams of Rebels & Combine to have other models to use. Thanks!

justloco
06-26-2005, 05:04
I love it thx !!

sniper_strike
06-26-2005, 05:10
crashed my server with mani and beetle running anybody else crashing

Rio
06-26-2005, 05:15
screenshots? :)

sniper_strike
06-26-2005, 05:17
screenshots? :)

visit the link rofl!

imported_sphinx
06-26-2005, 05:59
i "love" to see people posting plugins only for windows or linux.
this is not fair or professional.
please release working plugins for both operating systems or give us the source code.

maitredede
06-26-2005, 07:30
Hey duke, your plugin seems to be very cool...
All files are on my CSS server and on my DL server...

Just one thing : my CSS server is LINUX...

If you want, I can compile your source to linux...

Let us have fun too !!!

justloco
06-26-2005, 08:15
I use beetles mod and have no problem what so ever and even using my own skins w00t I love you man !!

imported_Tom
06-26-2005, 09:41
It works brilliantly.
Also, would there be any reason for a non-admin to get the admin skin? it appears to have happenned randomly to one of my friends :O

Excellent work! :D

bene
06-26-2005, 10:50
Linux??? Who is Linux version??

L. Duke
06-26-2005, 11:10
I'll have a Linux version soon and release a final version.

Tom: Let me know if you see it happen again. Also, it if does happen again, have him type mc_myid in the console and see if it says he is registered as an admin.

fysh
06-26-2005, 11:20
this is not fair or professional.
Professional? Is he getting paid for this or something?

imported_sphinx
06-26-2005, 11:38
is proffesional all about money?
i don't think so.

l.duke, a linux stable version will be a great job, 10x in advance.

KocK GoBlin
06-26-2005, 12:19
Loaded your plugin. It works with the _OS models, but when I use a custom model, I get a bad ragdoll.mdl error in the console and the player shows up as an error message in-game. I used both custom ones I downloaded and I also tried using your custom packs and .cfg files.
One question, where are you getting the files in your models/players/modch/(skin_name)/ directory. For example the NYPD skin you have in the CS Player Models 1 pack. You have several files, including a .mdl, in the models/players/modch/nypd/ directory. When I download skins they don't come with .mdl's because they're using Valve's. Are the ones in your packs just copies of Vavle's placed in another directory?
Thanks for your time.

dISCO STAR*
06-26-2005, 13:07
It works brilliantly.
Also, would there be any reason for a non-admin to get the admin skin? it appears to have happenned randomly to one of my friends :O

I have the same problem, random players have the adminskin! Have now tried the mod for about 3 hours. 3 players has had admin-skin. The main problem is that they have the ct-admin-skin as T, and vice versa. So you don't spot them as the enemy.

mosch.cgf looks like this:

"
mc_admin STEAM_0:1:300000
mc_admin STEAM_0:1:500000
"

I'm sure none but admins is on my list, (about 10 people)

Otherwise is must say you've done a great job! Thanx a lot!! :D

havoc615
06-26-2005, 13:57
I can't seem to find the d/l link, did you take it down?

lobstah
06-26-2005, 15:14
Log on and the DL appears.

This seems great, but can client get files off web server? sv_downloadurl? Are there res files for the plugin? i dont think ppl will sit thu ingame dl's of this size if indeed that's the case here.

M|k33[K-9]
06-26-2005, 15:49
Thanks for considering making something with the esc menu for HL2DM. I'll use that thread on your other forums.

lobstah
06-26-2005, 16:36
Downloads seems to hit up webserver by default ...or ingame downloads are faster than i remember either way no res file needed..tnx
http://thebloodshed.com/ecbs_news/models/

justloco
06-26-2005, 17:49
OK i noticed in console i get this error.

Performance warning: Mark bone 'ValveBiped.Bip01_R_Hand' in model 'player/modch/warface/warface.mdl' as being used by bone merge in the .qc!
Performance warning: Mark bone 'ValveBiped.Bip01_R_Hand' in model 'player/modch/warface/warface.mdl' as being used by bone merge in the .qc!

Its not only for the warface model it happens with all and when i look at my server via HLSW i see random lag spikes on the server, is that due to the error message or just cause its still a beta ??

Either way I'm happy just thought i should let you know that the models are occurring errors.

L. Duke
06-26-2005, 17:49
Goblin:
Some custom models don't work when they are in a directory other than the player directory. You can try putting them there and renaming all the files from terror or urban to some other name. Most of the models in the packs I had to decompile using cannon fodder's tools and recompile to a different location so they would work outside the player directory. If you have a skin only, you will have to recompile the default model to a new name and have it look in the folder with your custom skin.

Disco Star:
I'll look into the admin model issue. My first guess is that sometimes the info for a player is not cleared when that player leaves the game and a new one enters using the same index.

No res files are needed. The plugin uses the model cfg files like res files; any file in that list is added to the downloads and if you have an sv_downloadurl it will try to get them from there.

imported_sphinx
06-26-2005, 17:56
hi l.duke
can't wait for linux version plugin; any chance to have it... monday? :roll:

maitredede
06-26-2005, 18:50
hi l.duke
can't wait for linux version plugin; any chance to have it... monday? :roll:

Instead of complaining, just do like me : wait and see...

dISCO STAR*
06-26-2005, 19:37
Goblin:
I'll look into the admin model issue. My first guess is that sometimes the info for a player is not cleared when that player leaves the game and a new one enters using the same index.

Great :D

From my experience, the error only comes up after changing map.. the player wich was T on the previous map becomes T-admin on the next.. not shure but it seems to be that way.

I'll disable the admin-thing for now although i think it was the coolest feature of the mod :)

If you find a solution I'll be happy to test it :D

Thanx //disco

Ster
06-26-2005, 20:50
I can't seem to find the d/l link, did you take it down? Anyone?

sniper_strike
06-26-2005, 21:33

u people dont read

KocK GoBlin
06-27-2005, 00:03
L. Duke, thanks for your help. I'm still having two problems though.
1. The support files for the skins aren't downloading and installing on the clients. Any ideas? (NM, fixed this problem)
2. Can you send me a link for a program to recompile mdl's? I found Cannonfodder's decompiler but nothing to convert the smd's back into usuable files.
I'm really just trying to load this T skin as a choice:
http://www.counter-strike-dl.com/download-761.html
If someone has compiled this skin and can post a link to the files I would greatly appreciate it.
Again, thanks for your help.

fysh
06-27-2005, 00:32
is proffesional all about money?
i don't think so.
There is no reason for him to be professional when he is doing this for no return. Also, I don't see what not releasing a Linux version of something has to do with being professional. Is Microsoft unprofessional?

Ster
06-27-2005, 00:58

u people dont read
http://www.lduke.com/plugins/modelchanger.php I fail to see a download link there that doesn't lead back to this thread.

imported_sphinx
06-27-2005, 01:03
hi fysh

i don't want to argue about anything.
when there are two major operating systems for cs servers, releasing a plugin just for one of them, no matter which, sounds a bit like "whites only" (and i'm not black :D ).
i love windows as much as linux, so who's saying microsoft is unprofessional?
btw ... you are doing a great job with nemod.

KocK GoBlin
06-27-2005, 01:43

u people dont read
http://www.lduke.com/plugins/modelchanger.php I fail to see a download link there that doesn't lead back to this thread.
You have to sign in to the forums and click the download link on the first post in this thread.

L. Duke
06-27-2005, 10:34
ssslice had been working on a plugin very similar to this one. We've decided to work together on one plugin. He is working on a linux compile right now. We are both looking into the reported problem with admin models occasionally being handed out to non-admins.

imported_sphinx
06-27-2005, 11:30
nice to hear that.
a linux release, even with admin model problem, will be great .... i'm soooo desperate to have it :lol:

maitredede
06-27-2005, 14:09
ssslice had been working on a plugin very similar to this one. We've decided to work together on one plugin. He is working on a linux compile right now. We are both looking into the reported problem with admin models occasionally being handed out to non-admins.

Nice to hear that too ;)

When do you think there will be the first release ? I can do beta test...

havoc615
06-28-2005, 14:24
Wow I'm sorry, I can't believe I couldn't figure that out. I always thought the files showed up if you weren't signed in, but you couldn't d/l them....they should fix that :) I was signing in when I went to reply lol Thanks!

L. Duke
06-28-2005, 17:16
It works brilliantly.

I have the same problem, random players have the adminskin! Have now tried the mod for about 3 hours. 3 players has had admin-skin. The main problem is that they have the ct-admin-skin as T, and vice versa. So you don't spot them as the enemy.

mosch.cgf looks like this:

"
mc_admin STEAM_0:1:300000
mc_admin STEAM_0:1:500000
"

I'm sure none but admins is on my list, (about 10 people)

Otherwise is must say you've done a great job! Thanx a lot!! :D

I'm trying to isolate this bug, but haven't been able to reproduce it so far. What I understoood you to say was that it worked fine on the first map, but after a map change the admin models were messed up? Does it only happen if admins have joined during the first map?

Any specifics you can add would be helpful.

EDIT: also, if a non-admin has an admin skin, have them type mc_myid and let me know if it reports them as an admin or not.

KocK GoBlin
06-28-2005, 18:02
L. Duke, would you mind sending me a link to a compiling tool so I can use my own models or a link to a tutorial?

havoc615
06-28-2005, 23:27
Well you can use your own models, just read the documentation. However, I do think the source should be released too, there is a lot of posibilites that could come from this.

Also, I doubt theres any possibility, but it would be really nice if it was like the old days where a model was 1-2 files and much smaller :) I guess all those poor souls with DSL will have to wait :twisted:

sslice
06-29-2005, 02:04
The model files aren't very large at all. :shock:

imported_sphinx
06-29-2005, 05:30
ssslice had been working on a plugin very similar to this one. We've decided to work together on one plugin. He is working on a linux compile right now.

let linux server admins enjoy same plugin as windows guys, so please release linux version asap, even if still has that bug.
10x.

havoc615
06-29-2005, 08:52
Are you kidding? the team pack is almost 30 MB, and the admin model is 15MB, however it does look like some stuff is done twice. Maybe you only have to download half, but even then it's still very large.

sniper_strike
06-29-2005, 11:50
how do i use my own models

L. Duke
06-29-2005, 12:22
I didn't make any of those custom model skins (except the T/CT white admin one). Some of the skins seem large to me also (5 MB? That doesn't seem necessary for a player skin). I think they are not compressed at all. If you bzip the files on your sv_downloadurl, they will probably be much smaller.

The readme (available in the zip or on the web page) has info on defining the custom models that are used by the plugin.

Also, I added a tutorial to the plugin's web page (http://www.lduke.com/plugins/modelchanger.php) on recompiling the standard model to use custom skins. Some custom models won't work when they unless they are used to overwrite the stock T or CT models. For those models, follow the same steps in the tutorial to compile the custom model to a new folder location.

vt4tje
06-29-2005, 16:02
:?: i down't know why but i don't have the

.ini file can some1 copy the things that should stand in the ini file to here i can then create 1 myself.

L. Duke
06-29-2005, 16:40
4. Add this line:
addons\metamod\bin\modch_mm
to the metaplugins.ini file (.../cstrike/addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini)
Note: if you don't have that file, go back to step 1.

Just create a new text file and paste that line into it. Then rename it as metaplugins.ini

KocK GoBlin
06-29-2005, 17:52
Also, I added a tutorial to the plugin's web page (http://www.lduke.com/plugins/modelchanger.php) on recompiling the standard model to use custom skins. Some custom models won't work when they unless they are used to overwrite the stock T or CT models. For those models, follow the same steps in the tutorial to compile the custom model to a new folder location.
Thank you.

havoc615
06-29-2005, 19:24
Any ideas on this compression idea? I would love to use the full team pack, but I can't efficently get everyone to download them.

sniper_strike
06-29-2005, 23:48
Any ideas on this compression idea? I would love to use the full team pack, but I can't efficently get everyone to download them.

do you have a webserver if you do then use .bz2 files

WillFM
06-30-2005, 01:07
can you add a command to make everyone a chicken??? you have an unchicken all but why no chicken all.....

Nicolous
06-30-2005, 06:20
Sorry I'm very confused :oops: but I don't find modch_mm.dll...

This link http://www.sourcemm.net give a package with only server.dll. :D (yeah! I've got SourceMM 1.00-RC1 Win32 !!)
but for modelchanger? :cry:

And this link http://www.lduke.com/plugins/modelchanger.php with this message :

Download ModelChanger for SourceMM

carry out on this forum... :lol:

Anybody can help me plz?? I looking for modch_mm.dll...

"meta" work but when I write "meta list" nothing appear in the list...
When I start my server with the correct package and correct modch.cfg nothing new model work.

BugMeNotDummy
06-30-2005, 07:25
Hi, log in then you can download the file
:)

Nicolous
06-30-2005, 08:21
I LOVE YOU !!! :D

Ok ! the download appear only if I log in.... :idea:

Very strange...... :wink:

THX!!!

imported_sphinx
06-30-2005, 08:53
sslice, l.duke..... a linux version pls :!:

collitchboy
06-30-2005, 12:12
can you add a command to make everyone a chicken??? you have an unchicken all but why no chicken all.....

yea i was wondering if this could be implemented also

$hawn
06-30-2005, 12:57
This plugin is very funny :D
Works great.

I have a few requests...

1. I wanna allow everyone to be a chicken, for example if a player says "chicken" then he turns to.
2. a chicken itself still has a knife... i wanna remove it. And i wanna play a "cock-a-doodle-doo" sound when it attacks :wink:
3. plase remove errors which appear in console, Performance warning: Mark bone 'ValveBiped blablabla

L. Duke
06-30-2005, 13:56
I'll look at adding a mc_chickenall command.

The console error Performance warning: Mark bone 'ValveBiped... comes from the skeleton or something. I get the same errors with the regular T model, so I can't really do anything about those.

An updated version should be released tomorrow that fixes the admin model problems.

Rebell
06-30-2005, 15:15
how to make that the player (clients) download the models ?

L. Duke
06-30-2005, 15:53
Downloads are automatic if the client does not already have the file.

imported_sphinx
06-30-2005, 16:02
An updated version should be released tomorrow that fixes the admin model problems.

does this means a linux version also? :roll:

imported_alien
06-30-2005, 17:47
Yeah, i want Linux version.

This mod is GREAT!

M|k33[K-9]
07-01-2005, 02:42
L. Duke, old pal, buddy, and lifelong pal...LOL! Now you know I'm up to no good......just reminding you that all of us playing HL2-DM are still hoping you can adapt your plugin to HL2-DM...but don't want to be a pest.

Thanks again!

Layabout
07-01-2005, 07:49
Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux version!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Rebell
07-01-2005, 08:48
linux ???

sourcemm is for linux, too !

:roll:

BugMeNotDummy
07-01-2005, 09:32
Can some moderator remove the Linux request... 1 request is enough..
It look a bit to much like spam now and is not good for the discussion.. :(

maitredede
07-01-2005, 10:13
I agree, but when a good plugin is only for windows, I think that the linux community want it too... :)
So don't keep complaining about spam in forums...

Moderator, you can delete this post too....

Layabout
07-01-2005, 10:24

Question.

Which operating system do you run on your server?

Kid Disaster
07-01-2005, 11:55
My clan's server run this mod, but I get Error models for all the non-default player models. I do have a custom Terrorist skin installed, but I've tried uninstalling it and the problem persists. I don't know if this is also relevant, but when I install the player skins from the server while connecting they're not downloaded in my cs folder when I try to troubleshoot my problem.

Picture (http://img80.**************/img80/5529/deaztec00027qt.jpg)

sniper_strike
07-01-2005, 12:33

you should be removed because your not a real account all you did was go to bugmenot.com and use one of there accounts

MR:
BugMeNotDummy
testtest

L. Duke
07-01-2005, 13:09
My clan's server run this mod, but I get Error models for all the non-default player models. I do have a custom Terrorist skin installed, but I've tried uninstalling it and the problem persists. I don't know if this is also relevant, but when I install the player skins from the server while connecting they're not downloaded in my cs folder when I try to troubleshoot my problem.

Picture (http://img80.**************/img80/5529/deaztec00027qt.jpg)

Probably one of two things:

The player models you downloaded are compiled in such a way that they must be used to overwrite the existing models in the models/player directory. If that's the case, you'll have to recompile the model to a new location. You can follow the tutorial on the webpage.

Or some of the files may be installed to the wrong location.

It sounds like you might be saying this only happens for you and not anyone else connecting to the server. If that's the case, I'm not sure what the problem could be. Try deleting the cstrike/models/player/modch and cstrike/materials/models/player/modch directories and reconnecting.

imported_sphinx
07-01-2005, 13:36
hi
i don't want to spam this forum asking, begging for a linux version.
can you give us a deadline, a hope ?
10x in advance.

basbakker
07-01-2005, 13:57
CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A LINUX VERSION????
PLEASE :roll:

Wolvie
07-01-2005, 14:30
***** sorry wrong forum

ajax
07-01-2005, 14:34
this is a very nice plugin.

in this screenshot (http://www.lduke.com/plugins/modelchanger/csst1.jpg), it says "T_OS (fixed)"... is that fixed model available somewhere :?:

Wolvie
07-01-2005, 15:02
I installed your plugin and one of your model packs. I see them dl to my client yet I seem to be missing textures?

Did some checking and found that the files for the models/player/modch dl'd ok but the materials/models/player/modch did not.

I am using the modch_teams_css1_rel1 pack.

This is error in console:
Performance warning: Mark bone 'ValveBiped.Bip01_R_Hand' in model 'player/modch/urbancity/urbancity.mdl' as being used by bone merge in the .qc!
Performance warning: Mark bone 'ValveBiped.Bip01_R_Hand' in model 'player/modch/urbancity/urbancity.mdl' as being used by bone merge in the .qc!

Wolvie
07-01-2005, 15:12
Ok I figured it out. On my webspace where I host files the materials/models folder the 'M' in models was uppercase. As soon as I made it lower case all was good.

L. Duke
07-01-2005, 15:20
this is a very nice plugin.

in this screenshot (http://www.lduke.com/plugins/modelchanger/csst1.jpg), it says "T_OS (fixed)"... is that fixed model available somewhere :?:

Small Sumo (http://www.smallsumo.tk) was looking at the T_OS model to see if he could fix the vertex problem. If he can figure it out I'll post it with an update.

On a side note, I plan to post an update tonight with fixes for the admin models bug as well as other fixes and requests. I expect there will be a Linux version ready as I have successfully cross-compiled it using cygwin, so there shouldn't be too many problems compiling on a full linux box.

pincushin
07-01-2005, 17:59
Ohh, this looks awesome. Can't wait for the linux version, will be on our server as soon as it's up. ;)

maitredede
07-01-2005, 19:26
I expect there will be a Linux version ready as I have successfully cross-compiled it using cygwin, so there shouldn't be too many problems compiling on a full linux box.

Do you think you can post the cygwin compiled version to let us test if you really need to compileon a full linux box ?

Kid Disaster
07-01-2005, 19:43

Okay, I fixed my problem by downloading the models from your website directly. This plug-in is awesome :D

Edit: Quick question. I'm trying to get it get rid of a few of the models to increase performance, so I'm trying to make the cfgs the same for the ones I want -- isn't that how it's done? I'm not explaining too well, so here's a pic. (http://img223.**************/img223/7696/untitled3dx.gif)

To reiterate, I'm trying to make it so Norwegian Cop is the same as Urban City. Shouldn't changing the cfg for Norwegian Cop have done that? Or are the models for this plug-in all server side?

L. Duke
07-01-2005, 22:19
Version 1.0.2 has been uploaded. See the first post in this thread (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=38517).

Version 1.0.2
- Linux .so added (tested on Mepis 3.3.1-1)
- Changed so model choice is only applied on round start to prevent players from spamming model changes
- Updated to prevent treating other plugins menu choices as model choice menu response
- Updated to prevent non-admins from occasionally being given admin model
- Updated to fix problem with admins sometimes keeping model from old team when changing teams
- Added command mc_version (all players) to display plugin version to console
- Added command mc_defmod name (admins only) to change 'name' to standard terror/urban model
- Added command mc_noadmin 0/1 (admins only) to be assigned models like a non-admin
- Added command mc_chickenall (admins only) to turn all players into chickens
- Added center say message to player displaying their model choice
- Added notice telling players to type 'mc_menu' in console to choose a player model (frequency set by mc_noticefreq in config file)

I tested the linux version on Mepis 3.3.1-1 so please let me know if you have problems on other flavors.

I'm away for a few days on vacation, so if you have any problems please leave your name, number, and a short message regarding your problem. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

donaldl43
07-01-2005, 23:05
I still get the same error on loading the mod. I have metamod loaded and it seems to work fine but when I try to load modch_mm_i486.so I get an error. The error is:

Failed to load plugin /var/www/html/hldstart/hlds/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486.so (/var/www/html/hldstart/hlds/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8bf_write9WriteCharEi).

Should I get RC2 of metamod and if so where can I get it?

Don

donaldl43
07-01-2005, 23:06
I'm running Fedora Core 3.

Don

$hawn
07-01-2005, 23:42
One problem. if i turn all players into chickens, i can't tell enemys from friends :(

L. Duke
07-02-2005, 01:22
I still get the same error on loading the mod. I have metamod loaded and it seems to work fine but when I try to load modch_mm_i486.so I get an error. The error is:

Failed to load plugin /var/www/html/hldstart/hlds/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486.so (/var/www/html/hldstart/hlds/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8bf_write9WriteCharEi).
I got that error when I tried the cygwin compile too; I had forgotten to include a file when I compiled. I just downloaded the released version and it worked fine.

Maybe you just didn't get the existing file overwritten with the new. Try deleting the old one and then paste the new one from the download zip into the addons/metamod/bin directory.

One problem. if i turn all players into chickens, i can't tell enemys from friends That's what I thought too, but a couple people asked for it, so I put it in for them to use. I personally won't use it.

donaldl43
07-02-2005, 02:32
You were right. It was the old one still there. I thought I extracted it over the top but it didn't. Now to try the actual changer.

scopey
07-02-2005, 04:27
By installing this on my server, will it just change peoples models when they play on my server... or will it overwrite so they see them on all servers?

L. Duke
07-02-2005, 04:36
The custom model is for your server only. The files are downloaded to a completely different location than the default player models, and then the plugin lets them choose from those models.

L. Duke
07-02-2005, 04:48
Quick question. I'm trying to get it get rid of a few of the models to increase performance, so I'm trying to make the cfgs the same for the ones I want -- isn't that how it's done? I'm not explaining too well, so here's a pic. (http://img223.**************/img223/7696/untitled3dx.gif)

To reiterate, I'm trying to make it so Norwegian Cop is the same as Urban City. Shouldn't changing the cfg for Norwegian Cop have done that? Or are the models for this plug-in all server side?

If you don't want one of the models, just delete that cfg from the server (in the models/player/modch directory). Make sure to rename the remaining cfg's so they are in numerical order (e.g. ct1.cfg ct2.cfg ct3.cfg). There will only be three choices on the menu then. (Or two ... or just one model and no menu cause everyone gets that model by default).

Rebell
07-02-2005, 05:13
Do we have to install the adminmodell, too ?

or is chicken and t1 t2 t3 t4 and ct1 ct2 ct3 ct4 enough ?

:shock:

scopey
07-02-2005, 05:19
Im having trouble installing metamod, not had any trouble with anythnig before, all the files are in the correct places, but when i type meta in console i get unknown command. any ideas?

SoulReaper.Nl
07-02-2005, 08:22
ive got problems too
does any one have an example of how the gameinfo.txt should be because i dont get step 8

after i change my gameinfo.txt and start css the file changes back to default i've set it to read-only and it still doesnt work any ideas

imported_sphinx
07-02-2005, 11:10
all materials & player folders/files are in my sv_downloadurl location.
when i connect to the server no files are downloaded.
when i spawn in game the menu to choose a model appears.
all players have an red error instead of a model.
as soon as a player dies or change the team, all players quit the game with a memory can not be read error.
i'm running linux.
:?: :?: :?:
any ideea?

Wolvie
07-02-2005, 11:14
I just uploaded the admin chickens and when I connect to server I am getting this error:

Host_Error: CMapLoadHelper::Init, map models/player/modch/chicken/chicken.dx90.vtx has wrong identifier

my chicken.cfg is:
models/player/modch/chicken/chicken.dx80.vtx
models/player/modch/chicken/chicken.dx90.vtx
models/player/modch/chicken/chicken.mdl
models/player/modch/chicken/chicken.sw.vtx
models/player/modch/chicken/chicken.vvd
materials/models/player/modch/chicken/skin.vmt
materials/models/player/modch/chicken/skin.vtf

SoulReaper.Nl
07-02-2005, 11:15
can some one please post why my gameinfo.txt is going to default everytime i start css

basbakker
07-02-2005, 11:24
Id like to force the clients to use the normal ct & t models
I experimented with:

t1.cfg
--
New Terrorist
models/player/t_os.mdl

^^
But this is the new T model and it is a bit broken when dead.. :) :)
I see 3 other models:
ct_os.vvd
terror.vvd
urban.vvd

What are the standard models in CS?

regards.

---------------
Nevermind... it was to simple :)
solved it!! I love this pluggin!!!

donaldl43
07-02-2005, 11:32
all materials & player folders/files are in my sv_downloadurl location.
when i connect to the server no files are downloaded.
when i spawn in game the menu to choose a model appears.
all players have an red error instead of a model.
as soon as a player dies or change the team, all players quit the game with a memory can not be read error.
i'm running linux.
:?: :?: :?:
any ideea?

This is the exact same thing I'm seeing. I also am not recognized as an admin even though the plugin says my steam id is admin during server start. Another interesting thing is the command "mc_chickenall" is recognized and works(with the above problem) but not "mc_chicken playername".

The 3 things I'm running are metamod, modch, and mani-mod. I'm only running mani-mod because of the problem with loading bots during one of the valve updates. I'm not sure I even need it anymore.

I think this will be a great plugin once the bugs get ironed out.

Don
Running Fedora Core 3

donaldl43
07-02-2005, 11:37
Im having trouble installing metamod, not had any trouble with anythnig before, all the files are in the correct places, but when i type meta in console i get unknown command. any ideas?

I had the same problem until I went to www.sourcemm.net and got RC1. I was trying to use the older version.

basbakker
07-02-2005, 12:10
ok other problem..

I only use the chicken.cfg, ct1.cfg & t1.cfg but still I get asked if I want to choose.. (only one choise..but anyway). Is there a solve for this minor problem??

Regards.

p.s. If you like to see what I mean connect to : raket.xs4all.nl

sslice
07-02-2005, 12:35
I experimented with:

t1.cfg
--
New Terrorist
models/player/t_os.mdl

^^
I see 3 other models:
ct_os.vvd
terror.vvd
urban.vvd

regards.

---------------
Nevermind... it was to simple :)
solved it!! I love this pluggin!!!

terror is the standard T model.

Change your config to:
Terrorist
models/player/terror.mdl

(Everything should already be precached)

tron73
07-02-2005, 12:39
Okay, Okay, installed sourcemod an the modelchanger and .... it works!!!!!!

Great Job there, but I have a question:

Is there anybody, who has implemented the "Bender-Models" from the Punkassfraggers.com homepage?

I tried that, but I had several errors and walking errors as CTs .....

So how has the config.cfg look like for ONE bendermodel?

Thank you for the great plugin!

scopey
07-02-2005, 12:52

I had the same problem until I went to www.sourcemm.net and got RC1. I was trying to use the older version.

Im using that version... but it doesnt recognise its on the server.

basbakker
07-02-2005, 13:20
I experimented with:

t1.cfg
--
New Terrorist
models/player/t_os.mdl

^^
I see 3 other models:
ct_os.vvd
terror.vvd
urban.vvd

regards.

terror is the standard T model.

Change your config to:
Terrorist
models/player/terror.mdl

(Everything should already be precached)

Thanx mate it works!
The server only keeps asking what model I'd like to use.. And there is only one to choose from.. Maybe a bug??

sslice
07-02-2005, 13:23
The plugin isn't designed for 1 model per team, but that will be looked at in the next release. If you want to force the standard models, you can always disable the plugin.

L. Duke
07-02-2005, 13:26
I just uploaded the admin chickens and when I connect to server I am getting this error:

Host_Error: CMapLoadHelper::Init, map models/player/modch/chicken/chicken.dx90.vtx has wrong identifier

my chicken.cfg is:

A cfg file needs the first line to be a description and the second line to be the mdl file (see the readme). Try downloading it again, the cfg on my site has: Chicken
sound/modch/chicken.wav
sound/modch/chicken2.wav

L. Duke
07-02-2005, 13:32

Just delete the t1.cfg, t2.cfg, t3.cfg, t4.cfg, ct1.cfg, ct2.cfg, ct3.cfg ct4.cfg models. Players will use the regular models and only the admins and chickens will be different.

basbakker
07-02-2005, 14:00

Just delete the t1.cfg, t2.cfg, t3.cfg, t4.cfg, ct1.cfg, ct2.cfg, ct3.cfg ct4.cfg models. Players will use the regular models and only the admins and chickens will be different.

Thanx for the answer!
What I ment is some users use their own custom models with Red & Blue heads.. Just thougt this would be a nice way to counter this "trick" :)
The only way that I can think of is rename the original ct & t and use them with modelchanger, but then they have to download the models they allready have...

L. Duke
07-02-2005, 14:19
There is definitely an issue with either the plugin or the model packages and Linux causing the error model (http://img80.**************/img80/5529/deaztec00027qt.jpg) to appear instead of player models.
Unfortunately I'm leaving in about an hour and will be gone for serveral days. I'll try to track down the problem as soon as I can.

$hawn
07-02-2005, 14:33
ive got problems too
does any one have an example of how the gameinfo.txt should be because i dont get step 8

after i change my gameinfo.txt and start css the file changes back to default i've set it to read-only and it still doesnt work any ideas

Maybe you're trying to install SourceMM in your "listen server" on Windows, right?
When I try a new plugin or a mod for the first time, I always try in a listen server first then install in my "dedicated server".
But to install SourceMM I couldn't in a listen server cos gameinfo.txt changes back to default, as you did...

Anyway I had no trouble to install SourceMM in my "dedicated server" :wink:

imported_LaZyDayZ
07-02-2005, 15:06
ok, got the mod up and running on Fedora RC2, all is good except anyone can execute mc_chickenall & mc_unchickenall (did not test mc_chicken playername)

My modch.cfg looks like this

mc_noticefreq 3
mc_admin STEAM_0:1:mynumber

I did have to change the path in metaplugins.ini to the full path to get it to auto load.

/home/srcds_l/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486.so

Any ideas,

Mani Admin is installed but a Steam Account I tested was not a mani admin either.

No other skins are installed, I think they are awesome but the size is too much for my busy server.

Thanks..

Wolvie
07-02-2005, 15:12

my chicken.cfg is:

A cfg file needs the first line to be a description and the second line to be the mdl file (see the readme). Try downloading it again, the cfg on my site has: Chicken
sound/modch/chicken.wav
sound/modch/chicken2.wav

Great thx dude. All good

donaldl43
07-02-2005, 16:12
ok, got the mod up and running on Fedora RC2, all is good except anyone can execute mc_chickenall & mc_unchickenall (did not test mc_chicken playername)

Do you mean you can actually see the skins? All I see are the red error signs running around.

Don

kingpin
07-02-2005, 16:20
Im on RH9 and server crashes as soon as I add the plugin to MM.

imported_LaZyDayZ
07-02-2005, 16:39

Do you mean you can actually see the skins? All I see are the red error signs running around.
Don

Yes I see them and they work correctly, Alot of fun with chicken bots and shotguns.

Im on RH9 and server crashes as soon as I add the plugin to MM.

Look a few posts up and see my post about path in ini file, it did on mine too until then.

Layabout
07-02-2005, 16:51
There is definitely an issue with either the plugin or the model packages and Linux causing the error model (http://img80.**************/img80/5529/deaztec00027qt.jpg) to appear instead of player models.
Unfortunately I'm leaving in about an hour and will be gone for serveral days. I'll try to track down the problem as soon as I can.

I'm wondering whether all the model files are getting downloaded to the client. I have the same problem. Remeber Linux servers support files being compressed into .bz format.

If I remember correctly, things go funny if some files are in compressed format and others are not.

I could be totally off, but hey you never know.

Layabout
07-02-2005, 17:03
Yep for me. It will only download one file out of everything.

So I never get the rest of the files.

:cry:

BugMeNotDummy
07-02-2005, 17:39
2 problems.
1. I can't use mc_menu.. nothing shows up, do models come with the regular download? Or I HAVE to download custom ones for it to work. And I know the plugin works though because mc_version gives feedback
2. I have a server running Zombie Horde, before your plugin all the zombies were skinned as zombies, now theyre regular T. How do I fix that?

kingpin
07-02-2005, 19:48
thankyou for the suggestion, I tried doing that as adding full path but got nothing, it doesnt crash anymore but does load either saying file not found

I get an error and crash when I add full path with filename as
modch_mm_i486.so

if I just add full path as
modch_mm

i get plugin not found.

this is the last few secs of console:

meta refresh

L 07/02/2005 - 18:46:33: [MODCH] Starting plugin.

L 07/02/2005 - 18:46:33: All hooks started!
L 07/02/2005 - 18:46:33: [META] Loaded 1 plugins from file.
./srcds_run: line 426: 4913 Segmentation fault $HL_CMD
Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Sat Jul 2 18:46:34 EDT 2005: Server restart in 10 seconds

basbakker
07-02-2005, 20:50
[quote="kingpin"]

meta refresh

Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem

^
If you do this what does the logfile tell you?

kingpin
07-02-2005, 21:03
umm debug makes the (forget name) files not a logfile....

but will try.

cedrsan
07-02-2005, 21:47
No loaded plugin on my linux server.

I get :

03:47:08 [META] Failed to load plugin addons\metamod\bin\modch_mm. File not found: /data/server1609/games/halflife_source/cstrike/addons\metamod\bin\modch_mm_i486.so
03:47:08 [META] Loaded 0 plugins from file.

cedrsan
07-02-2005, 21:57
I believe that I have just understood....

for linux the metaplugins.ini it's not
addons\metamod\bin\modch_mm

but
addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm

I think i'm not wrong :roll:

kingpin
07-02-2005, 22:00
cedrsan is correct it / not \.

cedrsan
07-02-2005, 22:01
It work's now ;)

Layabout
07-02-2005, 22:31
Well Cedran...let me know if you run into the problem a lot of us Linux chaps are having...

The model files don't download!

kingpin
07-02-2005, 22:33
Well Cedran...let me know if you run into the problem a lot of us Linux chaps are having...

any ideas about my predicament?

Layabout
07-02-2005, 22:57

Nope. But if I was you, I would post your problem in the source_mm support forum.

cedrsan
07-02-2005, 23:08

Sorry, same, autodownload of files doesn't work. :roll:

Maybe a bug.

(i will test to use the 'downloadables.cfg' file of nemod plugin)

cedrsan
07-02-2005, 23:44
(i will test to use the 'downloadables.cfg' file of nemod plugin)

Working with 'downloadables.cfg' file of nemod plugin, thus I think that's a bug for modch :!:

On the other hand I nevertheless have a problem, the game freeze as soon as I change TEAM...(cannot read memory..)

http://cedrsan.free.fr/mani/jointeam2.jpg

Spinner
07-03-2005, 00:01

meta refresh

L 07/02/2005 - 18:46:33: [MODCH] Starting plugin.

L 07/02/2005 - 18:46:33: All hooks started!
L 07/02/2005 - 18:46:33: [META] Loaded 1 plugins from file.
./srcds_run: line 426: 4913 Segmentation fault $HL_CMD
[/quote]

This Is the same thing I get.FC3

sslice
07-03-2005, 00:52
If you're using the standard SourceMM RC1 binary, this may be causing the segfault when you load the plugin. I haven't tested this with Model Changer, but definitely worth a shot.

Here is a fixed linux binary I compiled from the CVS.

imported_sphinx
07-03-2005, 01:41
i've tried the SourceMM RC1 Fixed for Linux, with just t1.cfg and t2.cfg configured for Valve's models; i joined as tero and choose t_os from mc_menu; as soon as i die or change the team, i quit the game with the same memory can not be read error.
same fatal error if i choose the default model.

p.s. still no autodownload of materials and models files.

:( :( :(

carthageagle
07-03-2005, 08:48
I dont understand!
Where is the link to download that plugin!

basbakker
07-03-2005, 08:53
I dont understand!

You must be logged in to download..

Layabout
07-03-2005, 09:01
i've tried the SourceMM RC1 Fixed for Linux, with just t1.cfg and t2.cfg configured for Valve's models; i joined as tero and choose t_os from mc_menu; as soon as i die or change the team, i quit the game with the same memory can not be read error.
same fatal error if i choose the default model.

p.s. still no autodownload of materials and models files.

:( :( :(

The exact same thing is happening to me. I can't get admin only models working either - Like it doesn't recognize me as admin!

Layabout
07-03-2005, 09:07
I dont understand!

Which plugin?

You need 2. Go back to the start of the thread please. It's all explained.

geezer
07-03-2005, 09:44
I probably tried every way possible to make this baby work :( even putting the files on my own pc to counter act the non downloading problem and yet i still only see large red error models running around, i'd like to add i get no crashes or anyother problems with this plugin it running sweet if you dont mind shooting at ERROR models lol !.
So any help would be nice has anyone out there solved it ? com on guys lets see some self help till L duke gets back from his hols.

Spinner
07-03-2005, 10:30
I tried the fixed server_i486 and still have the segmintaion fault.

FD3

Layabout
07-03-2005, 10:38
If you're using the standard SourceMM RC1 binary, this may be causing the segfault when you load the plugin. I haven't tested this with Model Changer, but definitely worth a shot.

Here is a fixed linux binary I compiled from the CVS.

sslice, this you compile the Linux version of the modch_mm?

Or did Duke?

If you compiled it, how exactly did you compile it?

Is there a chance that the compiled code is too heavily optimized?

sslice
07-03-2005, 11:45
No, the ModCh download is on page 1. What I posted was a fixed linux SourceMM (a.k.a. MetaMod: Source) binary.

If the SourceMM binary doesn't fix it, then I guess it is ModCh. :( I'll see if I can find anything.

Maxunit
07-03-2005, 11:52
This is a really nice mod.

I will try the chicken mod now, hope it works on my linux server.

BTW:

New here. Hi ^^

EDIT:

First problem directly.

It seems so, that SourceMM isn't running on my server. Is SourceMM not compatible with Mani Plugin and Mattie's Event Scripts?
Commands like "meta" and "mc_chicken" are unknown.

imported_Panther
07-03-2005, 12:04
I'm setting up a Suse Linux CSS server and wanted to install your model plugin, but it doesn't load.
:roll: Did exactly as you said, but like many other people, it doesn't work for me, why don't you answer this properly ??? 10 pages and such a simple thing can't be explained ???

added to my metaplugins.ini :

added to my gameinfo.txt

GameBin |gameinfo_path|addons/metamod/bin

And still I get failed to load message, tried every possible variance, but can't get thisone to run. Sourcemm is loaded, that's not my problem it seems.
Please help us with this prob :?

donaldl43
07-03-2005, 12:24
I'm setting up a Suse Linux CSS server and wanted to install your model plugin, but it doesn't load.
:roll: Did exactly as you said, but like many other people, it doesn't work for me, why don't you answer this properly ??? 10 pages and such a simple thing can't be explained ???

added to my metaplugins.ini :

added to my gameinfo.txt

And still I get failed to load message, tried every possible variance, but can't get thisone to run. Sourcemm is loaded, that's not my problem it seems.
Please help us with this prob :?

The guy who did this has been VERY helpful. He certainly doesn't need your criticism.

At any rate, this plugin works just fine in Windows and that's what most of the 10 pages are about. He's trying to port it to Linux and it's taking a little while. He went on vacation for a few days so let him rest.

On to your problem. In your metaplugins add the _i486.so to the line and see if that helps it load.

There is still a problem with the Linux version not making people download the files. To make sure I bought another machine and installed XP, a CSS server, and all the plugins and it works.

tron73
07-03-2005, 14:30
Plugin loads on SuSE Linux 9.1 fine, admin models working and downloading ...... :)

I have observed, that sometimes the models hang together, if you run near a mate or so. Slapping does not help, normally you have to die ...... :(

So, I think this is a bug, but perhaps in the engine or because of the lack of a specisl file or so ....

Btw. , is there anybody, who has working model.cfg's for the bender-models on http://www.punkassfraggers.com ???

I am searching and searching, but the zip-archive contains all models together, so I can't find the needed files .....

Maxunit
07-03-2005, 15:17
tron can you help me to get it running?I still have the problem to get it running. My Server is a dedicated one and is running on Linux.

kingpin
07-03-2005, 15:26
ok full path including the i486.so in the metamodplugins.ini and the binary for MM compiled by sslice work fine. now only if the models howed up instead of th error signs that would be great.

Layabout
07-03-2005, 16:08
ok full path including the i486.so in the metamodplugins.ini and the binary for MM compiled by sslice work fine. now only if the models howed up instead of th error signs that would be great.

Well....you'll know you're on the right track when your Counter-Strike source crashes on your local PC.

:wink:

kingpin
07-03-2005, 16:36
o.O.... wow that was a crazy panic-how-does-he-know moment... because thats exactly what happend lol....

tron73
07-03-2005, 16:41
tron can you help me to get it running?I still have the problem to get it running. My Server is a dedicated one and is running on Linux.

Hmmm, what is exactly your problem?

metaplugins.ini:

addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486.so

gameinfo.txt (part of it :D )

SearchPaths
{
Game |gameinfo_path|.
Game cstrike
Game hl2
}

And i am using a package from the plugin-author's website.

Spinner
07-03-2005, 17:40
My meta Is up and running...It says It cannot find the file when I do a meta refresh...so I do this

meta load addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486.so

and this Is what i get.

.meta load addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486so
L 07/03/2005 - 23:37:52: [MODCH] Starting plugin.

L 07/03/2005 - 23:37:52: All hooks started!
Plugin "ModelChanger" loaded with id 9.
./srcds_run: line 426: 6896 Segmentation fault $HL_CMD
Sun Jul 3 23:37:53 CEST 2005: Server restart in 10 seconds
Updating server using Steam.
Checking bootstrapper version ...

Spinner
07-03-2005, 17:49
Ok now I added into my server.cfg

meta load addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486.so

And It loaded just fine.going to test It now.

Maxunit
07-03-2005, 19:47
just had some probs with the gameinfo.txt....uploading all stuff now.

Spinner
07-03-2005, 20:02
ok see no menu with mc_menu...and when I try to chickenall I get the memorie error....I dont think the models are dling thats probably why i get that error...so Ill fix the downloads and see If that fixes It.The reason I think It loaded with that command line In the server.cfg Is because Its now the first thing being loaded before the server cvar's.I think when the server Is tottaly loaded and then meta tries, A cvar mite be giving the segmintation fault.

Layabout
07-03-2005, 21:00
ok see no menu with mc_menu...and when I try to chickenall I get the memorie error....I dont think the models are dling thats probably why i get that error...so Ill fix the downloads and see If that fixes It.The reason I think It loaded with that command line In the server.cfg Is because Its now the first thing being loaded before the server cvar's.I think when the server Is tottaly loaded and then meta tries, A cvar mite be giving the segmintation fault.

If you are Linux you'll still get memory error (On your local PC) even if all the models are downloaded and correct on the local PC.

kingpin
07-03-2005, 21:45
i did not get memory error after I added the models to nemod downloadables.cfg I just couldnt load the models they came up as error signs....

Spinner
07-04-2005, 00:28
If you are Linux you'll still get memory error (On your local PC) even if all the models are downloaded and correct on the local PC.[/quote]

Tis a dedicated server at a datacenter In Nj

imported_LaZyDayZ
07-04-2005, 02:08
Anyone else who succesfully got it working find that even non admins can chickenall and unchicken all, would love to have this on server but afraid of someone getting carried away...

imported_Panther
07-04-2005, 02:48
:shock: I converted to windows server and everything works like it should, it's in the linux version where the bug is, or it's my linux Suse 9.0.
But I'm sick of linux server, steam just doesn't support it that well as windows, so that's why I'm gonna stick by windows for my Source server.

Thnx anyway ...

Now my next problem is that mc_chickenall works but mc_chicken is a unknown command :?: :?: :?:

But you can't win em all :wink:

Maxunit
07-04-2005, 03:02
Okay.

I have added "addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486.so" to the metaplugins.ini and "meta load addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm_i486.so" to my autoexec.cfg and server.cfg...now everything works, just have the model error.

EDIT:

I made it this far with all models uploaded and with the "new" linux file:

CalcSequenceIndex: can't find 'idle_upper_knife'.
CalcSequenceIndex: can't find 'walk_upper_knife'.
CalcSequenceIndex: can't find 'walk_upper_pistol'.
CalcSequenceIndex: can't find 'run_upper_pistol'.
CalcSequenceIndex: can't find 'run_upper_knife'.

The models are still not shown because of this error

Maxunit
07-04-2005, 03:41
Now my next problem is that mc_chickenall works but mc_chicken is a unknown command :?: :?: :?:

Do you just enter mc_chicken or mc_chicken *Playername*?

Layabout
07-04-2005, 06:40
If you are Linux you'll still get memory error (On your local PC) even if all the models are downloaded and correct on the local PC.

Tis a dedicated server at a datacenter In Nj[/quote]

I mean the actual PC you play counterstrike source on!

KocK GoBlin
07-04-2005, 12:29
Thanks for the Readme L.Duke. Worked great. One thing I noticed though, there's a typo on step 5. I think you meant "Open the TerrorTemp.vmt", not .vtf.
Thanks again.

imported_alien
07-04-2005, 14:21

I have this problem too, all players - error.

Maxunit
07-04-2005, 15:10
I see, but it is really strange, that everything is working fine with the windows version. Tested it on my own Dedicated Server over steam and had no problems. Please re-compile the linux file, that the error is fixed.

Spinner
07-04-2005, 15:42
Ah layabout....Im picking up what your laying down brother.

imported_sphinx
07-04-2005, 17:12
its obvious that linux version is messed up.
any plan to solve the problem?

basbakker
07-04-2005, 20:07

I have the same thing too. On a Windows dedicated server.

Layabout
07-04-2005, 20:27
its obvious that linux version is messed up.
any plan to solve the problem?

We have to wait for the main man - DUKE to get back from his mini vacation / holiday.

He just said "I'll be out of town for a few days" or something like that.

In the mean time, I've got my server downloading the models to my players.

We can only sit tight, wait and hope it's gonna be a simple recompile.

It's looking like it will be a simple fix, because if he got it working on Memphis, then and it dives on everything else, then it's looking like it's just a fundamental problem with the compile.

There would be no shortage of people willing to have a stab at recompiling it, if we had the source code. We don't because Duke ain't released it and that's his right.

I'm getting real tempted to quickly knock up a Memphis Linux box in VMWARE to see if it works like he said it did.

Layabout
07-05-2005, 00:09

I have the same thing too. On a Windows dedicated server.

I've isolated this to a problem with the models and not this plugin.

I've been playing around with the model changer in Nemod and it springs up the same problems.

However, the admin models work.

So for now, I'm just gonna have different models for different maps using that. I can also use Matties scripting + Nemod to give me an admin model.

Heck, one day I'll have it giving out a "King of the hill" model for each of the highest scoring players in each team.

I'll see how I get on with that kind of setup and if my clan wants to have a mixture, I'll come back here!

Good luck all!

imported_sphinx
07-05-2005, 01:55
hi layabout,

can you confirm that t_os model is working ? would you let us know how do you do it? :idea: :roll:

Jasonmr321
07-05-2005, 03:13
can some one help me install it please i tryed exactly how to do it on my dedicated server but it just will not run i dont understand i reinstalling like probably 20 times please some one help

Layabout
07-05-2005, 08:48
hi layabout,

can you confirm that t_os model is working ? would you let us know how do you do it? :idea: :roll:

Right. I'm starting to work on that one now. I want to at least have my Linux server running with that model.

I'll let you know what I find in a couple of hours - that model should be OK.......

Layabout
07-05-2005, 09:16
hi layabout,

It's kind of working. It's perfectly OK when playing. But as someone else said, there is a real nasty bug with that model when it goes into ragdoll mode....there is huge nasty spike sticking out of it. I wouldn't want to use that model with those kind of problems.

Here's what you do, it's quite easy, but I don't want to discuss it to much as this thread is about Dukes plugin.

If you want a quick and easy way to test a model on ONE player, install Fysh's Nemod plugin.

Once that's installed and up and running, you can change any player that isn't spectating into a different model with the following console command

nm_model "player name" "player\<sub dir (optional)>\<model name>"

So if you look at your cstrike folder....

You'll find

cstrike\models\player\t_os\<files>

Therefore you want

nm_model "Layabout" "player\t_os\t_os"

To change the player layabout to the t_os model.

Also with nemod, you can get it to download models to the client.....

I'm going down the road of using Matties Scripting + Nemod to get all of my stuff done. I'll be posting over on Matties forums once people either help me or I manage to get Matties scripts to do it.

I'm happy, because I know there is a combination of tools that already allows everyone to change their player models.

Though I must admit, Dukes plugin when working may be able to do the job more effeciently...

seb312
07-05-2005, 11:50
Hi I'm french sorry for my english !! I installed the plugin and the source metamod I strated a server . I type "meta list" I saw the Model changer and it's running but when I type mc I have nothing

Layabout
07-05-2005, 12:42
Hi I'm french sorry for my english !! I installed the plugin and the source metamod I strated a server . I type "meta list" I saw the Model changer and it's running but when I type mc I have nothing

What do you get if you type

"mc_version" ?

Layabout
07-05-2005, 13:14
Also.......

http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10248

imported_sphinx
07-05-2005, 14:04
Also.......

http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10248

that's a damn good plugin :D

10x layabout, u rocks.

collitchboy
07-05-2005, 16:55
i didnt notice this if it was mentioned before but in the install file it says the second line of the config should be the MODEL file. if i want to leave the model untouched and have people download a skin, do i remove the model line and just have a line that points to the skin or what? thanx.

MaxXx
07-05-2005, 19:02
Im a little confused about the Model changer, when i click the Download link on the official website (http://www.lduke.com/maps/cs_chickenrun.php) i get here and when i click the link here i get there (Uhttp://www.lduke.com/maps/cs_chickenrun.php) .

WTF, Can somebody pls help me?

Or jsut send a direct download link
Thx

sslice
07-05-2005, 19:06
There's an attachment on the VERY first post in this topic. :P

Here's a direct link: http://www.sourcemod.net/forums/download.php?id=433

Maxunit
07-05-2005, 21:13
is there a fixed version now?`
some of my friends cant wait for a new linux-working release

L. Duke
07-06-2005, 17:42
Sorry for all the problems you Linux guys are having. I don't have an external Linux server to test on and Valve tells me I have an "invalid Steam ticket" when I try to connect to the linux server on the LAN. I compiled and ran it on Linux, checked from the console that it loaded and was running, and posted it.

I'll take a look at what's going wrong in the Linux version tomorrow night (Thursday).

For those of you with MANI's plugin, his new version will add ModelChanger-like support. I've discussed this with him and you can use my model packages with his admin mod when that update is ready.

EDIT: Valve released an update today with new animations for the existing models. For those of you with the windows version, please tell me if you have any problems with the model packs since they don't include all of the new animations.

donaldl43
07-06-2005, 19:00
Sorry for all the problems you Linux guys are having. I don't have an external Linux server to test on and Valve tells me I have an "invalid Steam ticket" when I try to connect to the linux server on the LAN. I compiled and ran it on Linux, checked from the console that it loaded and was running, and posted it.

I get the same error if I try to connect to my servers from the Internet tab. I have to use the LAN tab and then it works fine.

BTW, I installed your model changer on a Windows server and it works as advertised. Doesn't work on my Linux server though.

Don

shock
07-06-2005, 22:52
My server crashes after the new update...any one elses? I am only using the admin models.

lobstah
07-06-2005, 23:37
ya same..

Tauphi
07-07-2005, 00:04
my server (linux) crashs after the new update, too...

used admin models and chickens ... tested everything ... with chickens only it crashed, too...
i think there are problems with the new player animations ?!

modelchanger is now deactivated - hope for fix, soon ... i really like it :D

sslice
07-07-2005, 00:06
I believe the models will need to be recompiled.

Outbreaker
07-07-2005, 04:11
For those of you with MANI's plugin, his new version will add ModelChanger-like support. I've discussed this with him and you can use my model packages with his admin mod when that update is ready.
Cool your models and MANI's plugin :mrgreen: THX for the Infos :D

Maxunit
07-07-2005, 11:26
SourceMM isn't running, because the update has some new things and fixes. If I start my dedicated Server now, I will get this error:

"Metamod:Source could not read e:\spiele\steam\steamapps\*name*\source dedicated server\cstrike\addons\metamod\bin\server.dll"

This seems to be a problem as well.

L. Duke
07-07-2005, 15:51
The July 6 update which included cs_assault completely broke the plugin.

For now, please disable the ModelChanger by removing the addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm line from your metaplugins.ini file.

shock
07-07-2005, 18:20
They probably did, your living proof valve=teh lazy...if it was my game I would disable it too, if I was you I would rebuild it and include in the readme, me>valve

Mani
07-07-2005, 18:37
The July 6 update which included cs_assault completely broke the plugin. Neither the Windows or Linux versions work. Any plugins that rely on a particular memory layout of CBaseEntity et al in our binaries could be totally broken
-Alfred

I suspect the change was on purpose as Alfred has publicly stated that they are against any plugin which changes the look/feel of the game. Their main target at the moment seems to be plugins like the WC3 and Superhero mods.

SourceMM still runs fine as does the FakeClients plugin.

For now, please disable the ModelChanger by removing the addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm line from your metaplugins.ini file.

They have a problem when they do that though as it can break any game mod that is being developed on the SDK.

Mani

Tauphi
07-07-2005, 18:41
i hate valve for this update and that stupid T model ... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Maxunit
07-07-2005, 19:45
the update kinda rox, but it sux, that the modelchanger isnt working anymore....and the t model sux as well lol ^^

imported_sphinx
07-08-2005, 03:34

l.duke .... can you re-compile the models to work with latest update?

Layabout
07-08-2005, 03:56

l.duke .... can you re-compile the models to work with latest update?

He won't. They ain't his models and I dare say, like Mani, he doesn't want to get into that stuff.

There is any army of model makers out there who are frantically making their models compatable with the latest Valve update.

Layabout
07-08-2005, 03:56
Double post...soz.

imported_sphinx
07-08-2005, 04:05
hmm.... too bad.
there are some cs:source models on csbanana.com, but don't work i guess after the latest update.
hope valve or some guys will make some cool compatible models, and valve will not break again this stuff.

Layabout
07-08-2005, 04:18
hmm.... too bad.
there are some cs:source models on csbanana.com, but don't work i guess after the latest update.
hope valve or some guys will make some cool compatible models, and valve will not break again this stuff.

I'm extremely annoyed with Valve. I imagine source_mm by it's very nature shouldn't break, but I've yet to find anyone who's happy with those new models. Sure then gun animations are nice, but those models look way fatter, slower and they move like they are constipated or something.

imported_sphinx
07-08-2005, 04:34
was the new tero model the highest priority for valve?
was this the biggest bug players complained about?
i don't think so.
so why they decided to do that .... i can't get it.

L. Duke
07-08-2005, 11:35
Mani let me know he was adding that functionality to his plugin to make sure I was Ok with it and also to ask about using my model packages. Due to the recent Valve update and the fact that Mani is willing to update his plugin everytime Valve screws something up, I'm going to discontinue my plugin for now.

However, I do plan to edit/re-compile the models (at least the CSS pack) for the new animation system so that they can be used with Mani's plugin. It may take a couple weeks before I get the first pack finished.

Maxunit
07-08-2005, 11:55
I hope it takes as short as possible ^^. Wanna use the new modelchanger for my server*gasps for air* ^^

scopey
07-08-2005, 12:00
I can't wait Duke, good job mate :)

Rebell
07-08-2005, 12:48
Yes Duke,

please recompile your models. :wink: :w

Reverend
07-08-2005, 13:48
F0kin-A. I have been waiting to get the RC2 and now that it is out... Discountinued. M0therf0cker.

Bry
07-08-2005, 14:26
aye really need the enw models ;)

imported_sphinx
07-08-2005, 15:54
However, I do plan to edit/re-compile the models (at least the CSS pack) for the new animation system so that they can be used with Mani's plugin. It may take a couple weeks before I get the first pack finished.

it's way too much time dude.

L. Duke
07-09-2005, 01:54
it's way too much time dude. hmmmm.....3 weeks?

Layabout
07-09-2005, 14:38
it's way too much time dude. hmmmm.....3 weeks?

To be honest.....

Aren't you a "source_mm" man?

It's a free world, but my advise is, we're all best off with you developing source_mm stuff. Not everyone can do that. There is an army of people developing custom models.

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait for you to finish the "Protect the VIP" plugin.

Cheers.

KocK GoBlin
07-09-2005, 17:38
I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait for you to finish the "Protect the VIP" plugin.

Cheers.
I agree. At the rate Valve is updating CS, it'll be another 6 months before we see this functionality back in CS. I would appreciate it if you concentrated your efforts on the VIP plugin as well.

enforcer021
07-10-2005, 01:05
L. Duke what happend to your VIP plugin on your website? Did you stop working on it? Is it done? :?:

L. Duke
07-10-2005, 14:35
Since I can't get a player model (like a VIP to work), I'm thinking of giving up. Even if I get it working, Valve will just break it as soon as it's released.

Valve doesn't plan on ever adding the VIP to CSS:
Alfred,

The recent changes to the binaries for CBaseEntity, of course, broke
the ModelChanger plugin I had released. I'm fine with that, especially
since all indications are that you (Valve) will be releasing
additional models in the coming months.

What I really wanted was a VIP plugin since adding as_ maps to source
doesn't seem a priority. DjBourgeoisie, an excellent mapper (author of
maps such as cs_xcom), started a beautiful remake of as_oilrig to go
with the VIP plugin I was working on.

I know there is no chance of adding a setmodel/getmodel and weapon
access to the plugin interface, so I am requesting something that
would be allowed under Valve's "consistent look and feel" philosophy:
add the VIP code to CSS and let the community create the maps.

Adding the VIP code to CSS shouldn't acutally take much time. Creating
a map or model would be a big deal, but as my never released VIP
plugin showed, Breen made an excellent looking VIP. My request is
simply that you add the VIP code (perhaps using the Breen model) and
let the mapping community make as_ maps.

I would love to go back to playing CS instead of spending all my time
updating/maintaining plugins, since the only plugins I wanted to write
were those that re-implemented features left out in the move from CS
to CSS. And I would love to play as_oilrig again, especially
DjBourgeoisie's version.

Thank you for you time and consideration.

L. Duke

We have no plans to implement a VIP mode at this time.

- Alfred

enforcer021
07-10-2005, 23:51
ohh that sucks.... well if your interested how about making a deathmatchMod plugin, Like the ones from 1.6. That would be cool :D

KocK GoBlin
07-11-2005, 00:34
It's a shame you have to abort this project. It was one of the things I was looking forward to the most.
I hope you reconsider, even if to turn the modelchanger into a stripped down plugin to work simply for the VIP plugin. Hell I would be happy with an indicator over the head to indicate the VIP, it's the gameplay I'm more interested in, not the look.

imported_sphinx
07-14-2005, 14:16
L.Duke, I have to say this: your CSS Players Pack 2 rocks.
Great job man!

Layabout
07-15-2005, 00:59
Just in case anyone is interested.

If you want to change your custom models on a map by map basis, I now have that working on my server. You need Matties event scripts and Nemod.

Please read this post over @ Matties site on how to do it :

http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=259&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=34

If you want to see it all working, please visit this server

85.133.16.50:27155

The server is UK based and you'll get a good ping from Europe and the East coast of the US.

Custom models are on the following maps and are downloaded as you visit the maps.

cs_assualt
de_aztec
de_dust
de_dust2
cs_office

I prefer to use Matties event scripting for this kind of stuff, because it allows many possibilities. In the future, the highest scorer on each team will become the teams "leader" with his/her own player model.

Arnie
07-21-2005, 15:16
hi

is it possible to put in to this plugin ct_os and t_os model? players on my server don't like to download 16mb model pack :/ moust of them has a 128kbps connection :/

L. Duke
07-21-2005, 16:32
You should be able to, although the ct_os is just a screwed up version of the regular CT.

Try Mani's (http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/forums/portal.php) or Beetle's (http://www.beetlesmod.com/forums/) site (whichever you use) on the particulars of setting it up.

quint
07-24-2005, 06:50
I didn't make any of those custom model skins (except the T/CT white admin one). Some of the skins seem large to me also (5 MB? That doesn't seem necessary for a player skin). I think they are not compressed at all. If you bzip the files on your sv_downloadurl, they will probably be much smaller.

The readme (available in the zip or on the web page) has info on defining the custom models that are used by the plugin.

Great pack Duke, thank you.

I want to add some other DarkElfa skins to this, but the guide on your site to recompiling has gone, im presuming i need to do this still as i only have the skins at the mo .
Cheers

sniper_strike
07-25-2005, 03:38
dont say vip wont ever come because they said no plans at this time they did not say ever

awuh0
07-25-2005, 12:49
besides they do include events and sounds for it.

sniper_strike
07-26-2005, 01:11
am i banned on my other computer from lduke.com or was it down earlier

M|k33[K-9]
07-31-2005, 15:23
L. Duke, even though I am still in pursuit of the Holy Grail in being able to have different models in HL2-DM, and Mani has been talking to me about adding that to his mod, I just wanted to thank you very much for all the work you put in on this plugin, and the models for the benefit of the community.

I'm sure it took you quite a bit of time, and many really appreciate what you have done. I fully understand not wanting to play the cat and mouse game with Valve's frequent patches, especially if Mani is willing to. Peace!

KocK GoBlin
08-18-2005, 15:42
Just out of curiousity, since the new SS's of the SAS model Valve released indicate that there will be 2 CT models to choose from when it is released, are you going to possibly continue work on your VIP plugin?

GoD-Tony
08-20-2005, 01:05
L. Duke has been working on his VIP plugin, and it looks awsome. Check out the news section (http://www.lduke.com/) of his site.

collitchboy
09-15-2005, 17:35
is there a chicken model anymore? or was that done away with altogether when valve broke the mod in the first place? (stupid valve, i loved this plugin)

L. Duke
09-16-2005, 12:07
The chicken model didn't have the same skeleton and animations. Since the July update, custom player models must have the same animations or it crashes.

imported_SideShow
10-03-2005, 00:14
I know this has been discontinued. But can someone maybe please post a download for me. I have been using mani, but it has been crashing on me. And i really wanna have custom skins on my server.

FlyingMongoose
10-03-2005, 10:16
Update your version of mani and it shouldn't be a problem anymore it's on
V1.1.0ze
http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com

MichielM
10-19-2005, 15:55
i cant find a download link anywhere.. can someone post it please?

Wolvie
10-19-2005, 16:38
http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/mani_admin_plugin/v1_1_0ze/mani_admin_plugin_v1_1_0ze_cssource.zip

MichielM
10-21-2005, 14:26
i dont see any models inside that zipfile.. does the script contain ability to change models??

FlyingMongoose
10-21-2005, 14:32
Models for the model changers are provided at lduke's website
http://www.lduke.com

but you can actually use any model you want.

That plugin, as well as beetlesmod both support model changing, look into their documentation and config files to find out how to do so.

L. Duke
03-11-2008, 18:57
I abandoned this plugin years ago when Mani and Beetle added model changing ability to their admin plugins.

jpui
05-08-2008, 14:05
I'd like to know how too. thx

Unrealomega
07-24-2008, 23:17
It would be nice to have this for Sourcemod. Would remove the hassle of using Mani.

Nail
07-26-2008, 07:40
I too need this plug-in on Sourcemod. And it is necessary for me that model сhanged on AdminModel at everyone respawn. On the Mani such is not present, model сhange only at connection to a server.
And beetlm works very badly and strongly loads a server. Therefore I cannot install it on server.
L. Duke, make please :)

gaissi
10-28-2009, 07:53
Hello,

Can anyone reupp this plugin pls?

L. Duke side is down. Have anyone the plugin on his pc? Or have a link to download it?

Greeting Gaissi

L. Duke
10-28-2009, 23:21
This was one of my first plugins and I discontinued it several years ago. Mani and Beetle added the same functionality to their plugins after a while. I'm sure SourceMod has a similar plugin now also.

Havock
10-29-2009, 17:17
I think under SpurceMod only one good plugin
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=59329&highlight=ModelMenu
but the need is chicken that would turn the player in it/

Players are asked so there is no such
Make simple change to the model chicken. please:)

sorry for my English