PDA

View Full Version : Gore (mike_cao)

DopeFish
03-21-2004, 05:43
This is the gore plugin from mike_cao <[email protected]>

Due to popular demand I converted it over to amxmodx. Other then changing certain things so that it works with amxx I have not changed anything in the code (no modifications, no additions).

Changelog:
Version 1.1 : Visibility is reset when player spawns
Version 1.2: Condition Zero support from >eisbein<

Both downloads are the SAME sourcecode, they only differ in the options set for the compiler so you can download a compiled version for CZ or for CS directly from the forums.

BigBaller
03-21-2004, 06:22
Sooo you made the invisibility fix on this plugin?

That was a problem when converting from AMX MOD, is when you kill something with a AWP or it would be known as high damge, instead of exploding you would become invisible for the entire map.

I do think it is a bug in HL but I only notice it when running this plugin.

DopeFish
03-21-2004, 06:36
it's not a bug, your dead ;) who cares if you are invisible ;)
the code part you are talking about is when the player is turned invisible so that the "gibs" can display right. Turning gibs off will fix your problem

BigBaller
03-21-2004, 06:39
it's not a bug, your dead ;) who cares if you are invisible ;)

Thats the problem, you dont die, you just become invisible for the entire map.

DopeFish
03-21-2004, 07:12
if you are using a respawn plugin then it should take care that the player is reset to basic values when he respawns. doing so in the gore plugin would break other plugins.

BigBaller
03-21-2004, 07:15
Ok, well I dont use a respawn plugin, I will check your version of this on my server later, just wanted to know if that problem worked around.

ThorW634
03-21-2004, 10:56
anyword on if this works correctly or not?

NitrX
03-21-2004, 11:29
Hi !

I have installed amx_gore on my server and 3 or 4 rounds later lot of enemys were invisible :|

I have on my server (win32 & won) amxmodx 0.15, admin_godmode (from amxmod), ultimatesounds (from amxmod too) and of course amx_gore (from here :roll:)

Bye

BigBaller
03-21-2004, 17:15
Hi !

I have installed amx_gore on my server and 3 or 4 rounds later lot of enemys were invisible :|

I have on my server (win32 & won) amxmodx 0.15, admin_godmode (from amxmod), ultimatesounds (from amxmod too) and of course amx_gore (from here :roll:)

Bye

BINGO

I knew that was still a problem. basically .. someone needs to completely remake the gore plugin to not do that.

DopeFish
03-22-2004, 02:05
someone needs to completely remake the gore plugin to not do that.
a "complete remake" would be overkill, it is only one line of code that needs to be added.

Changelog:
Version 1.1 : Visibility is reset when player spawns

BigBaller
03-22-2004, 02:18
Thank you dopefish for at least fixing that if it happens

DopeFish
03-22-2004, 04:09
feel free to post any other suggestions.

NitrX
03-22-2004, 15:04
thx for the line added ;)

edit : no invible enemy anymore :]

DragonGC
03-25-2004, 11:10
how come this makes them bleed letters?

DopeFish
03-25-2004, 12:57
if they are bleading anything else than blood, then either steam changed somthing in th e last few days, or your client is fu**** up

xmdxtremekiller
03-25-2004, 19:03
no that bug has been there for a quite long time.something is wrong with bleeding decals.and its really annoying.hopefully youll fix it dopefish :wink:

DopeFish
03-26-2004, 07:36
it is not a problem of the plugin. things that could be causing it: cs1.5 has blood decals at some other place, you installed a blood patch that messed stuff up. you have modified your servers decals some other way. even if I found out why your decals are messud up the only soultion would be to write a special version just for you that wouldn't work with other servers.

the plugin works for a stock cs1.6 server, and clients with english language settings.

xmdxtremekiller
03-26-2004, 15:24
i got 1.6 and cz it doesnt happen on cz but it does on 1.6 lol doesnt matter i can tweak it for my server :wink:

|2ob
03-26-2004, 17:15
On the AMX forums someone came out with Gore2 where the hs isnt so big and blood streams from where the bullet hits you, could someone convert that?

1 problem with it is on gib explosion or HS, the screen freezes like in noclip when spinning, it happens for player that got HS'd and for specs watching the person.

BigBaller
03-26-2004, 17:18
On the AMX forums someone came out with Gore2 where the hs isnt so big and blood streams from where the bullet hits you, could someone convert that?.

Why, that is pointless to convert that Gore2 plugin, this plugin by far is better because it has been tested on both linux and windows AMXX servers. even fixes the problem with people becoming invsible, which that Gore2 plugin does not fix.

This plugin is by far better then Gore2 on AMX forums.

|2ob
03-26-2004, 17:32
Gore2 does fix that problem... totally removes the invisability.. i just dont want the hs to look like a fountain and it to be more realistic.. like u bleed in the place where u get shot... dont flame me :evil:

BigBaller
03-26-2004, 17:52
I did not intend to flame you, but if you want that plugin converted then maybe Dopefish will look at it and update this thread as it.

swestorm
03-28-2004, 11:20
hahha.. bleed letters.. yes.. on my server too.. they bled the word "BREAK" in red all over the maps...

DoubleTap
03-28-2004, 15:57
Where is this bleed your talking about... look... plenty of blood, no bleed written anywhere...

http://www.twazz.org/fy_boxworld.jpg

Vic/DT

[nFb]GraveKeeper
03-28-2004, 23:43
The reason why it's bleeding the word "break" is because you changed your decal.wad on your server. I am gonna bet you added CS CZ maps to your server and you copied over your CS decal.wad with the CZ decal.wad one.

To fix this problem just simple obtain a current decal.wad from CS and add it to your server. If you need one let me know.

I have this plugin running on a dedicated windows and linux server and I have tested it with both amx and amxx mod. It works great! Both servers are Steam 1.6.

DoubleTap
03-29-2004, 00:14
That may be it... I have never seen this problem and I ran my whole AWP night with it and gibs were everywhere... not once was it anything other than expected :)

Vic/DT

http://www.twazz.org/graphics/gore1.jpg
http://www.twazz.org/graphics/gore2.jpg

[nFb]GraveKeeper
03-29-2004, 00:25
I know it will work because I had the same problem. I added CZ maps to my CS server and overwrote my decals.wad file with the CZ one and thats when the problem occured. I deleted the decals.wad and then put back the decals.wad from CS and it fixed the problem fine.

Just make sure you rebot you server for this to work after you change the decal.wad.

MagicShot
03-29-2004, 01:43
There is a Version 2 released on amxmod.net.. If someone Wants to add it to here with version one?

swestorm
03-31-2004, 12:25
Gravekeeper... no I run a CZ server, so probably that is why the delcals.wad is making the people bleed the word break... Iґll try copy the one from my CS folder into the cz directory.. Thanks anyhow for the advice.. :)

[nFb]GraveKeeper
03-31-2004, 12:53
Yes swestrom that is definately the problem then.

Word of caution though, your server may crash with a different decal.wad. Make sure that you rebot your server after you add the different decal.wad and test all the CZ maps out to make sure that they still run ok with the new decal.wad.

Let me know if it works.

|2ob
04-01-2004, 15:50
i have the same problem, but im running a CZ server with only CZ maps... i still see the word "BREAK" on the floor... how do i fix? get a 1.6 decal.wad?

BigBaller
04-01-2004, 15:51
I believe you have to fix the decals that are used when blood is low or something because CZ decals might be a lil different I think

|2ob
04-01-2004, 15:55
and what r the decals... i need the file.. or do i just use a 1.6 decal

[nFb]GraveKeeper
04-01-2004, 18:31
Yes try using a 1.6 decal. If you need one I can post it.

DoubleTap
04-01-2004, 18:38
Mine is running fine... I'm just getting an error in my logs:

L 04/01/2004 - 17:51:12: [AMXX] Run time error 10 on line 60 (plugin "amx_gore.amx")

Vic/DT

Regulate
04-02-2004, 00:10
Mhhh, I have the gore mod, but havnt tested it out yet. I will probly have the same problum considering im running CZero server. :/

DopeFish
04-02-2004, 03:29
Mine is running fine... I just getting an error in my logs:

L 04/01/2004 - 17:51:12: [AMXX] Run time error 10 on line 60 (plugin "amx_gore.amx")

Vic/DT
I'll have a look at that, probably just something not initialized on obscure occurances.

Modification: Counter-Strike

was written for cs, not cz. I can't do any betatesting or code changes to support cz since I don't own it and am not going to buy it.

|2ob
04-07-2004, 23:07
i ported Gore2 from AMX forums and it works fine :)

DoubleTap
04-07-2004, 23:16
Rob, glad to see you finally got something running right... this version works just fine as well... maybe you should port the other version Rob for the others who can't get plugins working...

Vic/DT

There are gonna be folks, just like with AMX, that cannot run things due to their config...

|2ob
04-08-2004, 10:59
ill try :)

[nFb]GraveKeeper
04-08-2004, 18:20
MAJOR BUG WITH THIS PLUGIN!

I am running a CS 1.6 server using Linux Glibc 2.2, amxx 0.16, and metmod 1.17x. When I go to change the map to cs_alps my server crashes and this in the console message that I receive:

47:11 Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'models/rpgrocket.mdl' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.
Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct this.

I narrowed it down to this plugin by process of elimination. I ran amx with all default plugns and the map would load up fine. Then I added my plugins one by one until it crashed with the gore plugin in place.

This also happens on some other maps like cs_greenhouse and cs_gokarts2race. I would ge the same error message but it would point to a different model. I also had the same problem with amx 0.98 as well.

DoubleTap
04-08-2004, 18:28
The isn't a plugin issue so much as a map issue man. There are only so many channels they can precache things into and a map with many models like those you showed may not work even with the plugin disabled. Though it does add to the count... Have you tried using "Custom Map Configs" plugin to turn off the plugin for those maps and see if they work ?

Vic/DT

[nFb]GraveKeeper
04-08-2004, 18:34
What I did was run amxx with only the default plugins and those maps ran just fine. As soon as I add the amx_gore plugin and try to run those maps they crash everytime. If I take out the gore plugin then they run with no issue at all. Process of elimination!

If someone from the team needs to see this in action I would be more then happy to demonstrate it for them to prove that there is an issue with this plugin or a module perhaps.

[nFb]GraveKeeper
04-08-2004, 19:57
I am going to test this out on my Windows server tonight.

Kamikaze
04-09-2004, 00:41
Anyway to add CZ support, there's no way Im going to replace my decals.wad, CZ has way better textures than CS does.

DopeFish
04-09-2004, 03:16
GraveKeeper]MAJOR BUG WITH THIS PLUGIN!

It's NOT a bug in the plugin, you are just precaching too much stuff. This plugin also won't work on dod_kalt because of the same reason. There is a max amout of stuff that can be precached, and some maps simply max that out so there is no room for ANY plugins that have to precache stuff.
Heck, even the error message from HLDS told you that. What do you think the plugin is supposed to do, magickly recode the hlds engine to handle over 512 items?

[nFb]GraveKeeper
04-09-2004, 12:36
Ahh ic. So is it best to reduce the number of plugins I am using then?

eisbein
04-11-2004, 11:08
Czero testet

Andre
04-13-2004, 03:00
i have the problem with the decals on 2 of my servers (the 2 i put CZ maps on) :D thanks for the solution (if it works) this is what it was doing to each server

http://www.andres-funserver.co.uk/images/badblood2.JPG

http://www.andres-funserver.co.uk/images/badblood1.JPG

[nFb]GraveKeeper
04-13-2004, 20:44
Yup that is because you have the CZ decal.wad file on a CS server. Just change the decal.wad file back to the CS version.

You do not need the CZ decal.wad to run CZ maps on a CS server.

Kamikaze
04-13-2004, 20:53
that Czero plugin for gore has the disappearing bug in it.

|2ob
04-14-2004, 03:59
yea i had to shut off gore plugin, wut the hell? stupid invisiblity.. i had expert bots running around invisible...

BugsBunny
04-23-2004, 13:03
What the heck you guys talking about i have been using gore plugin since 1.5 and now 1.6 and CZ and no one has ever become invisable.

Kamikaze
04-23-2004, 15:39
You just aren't paying attention.

BugsBunny
04-23-2004, 16:27
and you dont make any sense with that reply

|2ob
04-24-2004, 01:20
What the heck you guys talking about i have been using gore plugin since 1.5 and now 1.6 and CZ and no one has ever become invisable.

shush newblet, i have played 1.5, 1.6 & i currently own a czero server, i know there is a big in this plugin because I checked and check 3 times, its non-existant in the original port, but it exists int he czero test.

don't be a fool, stay in school!

BugsBunny
04-24-2004, 03:43
yeah ok before you start calling people newblet check your spelling and start acting your age unless you are inmature little minded person already. But since you are probally a child you will probally respond to this post and sorry to say i dont have a bug in my server but nice try anyways to prove yourself right. Thank You ....now go play with your toys.
Oh yeah before you start calling someone a newblet as you so say i read all your post and you sure are pretty ignorant calling someone a newblet when you are one yourself with so many error problems.

DopeFish
04-24-2004, 08:23
the codechange to fix the inisibility problem
http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/src/scripting/amx_gore.sma.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.2&cvsroot=AMXX+Plugins

ArtAttack
04-24-2004, 08:50
and you dont make any sense with that reply
All of you don't make any sence with your replies. Nobody's right, nobody's wrong. You can't know the whole configuration of an other's server.

|2ob
04-24-2004, 15:22
yeah ok before you start calling people newblet check your spelling and start acting your age unless you are inmature little minded person already. But since you are probally a child you will probally respond to this post and sorry to say i dont have a bug in my server but nice try anyways to prove yourself right. Thank You ....now go play with your toys.
Oh yeah before you start calling someone a newblet as you so say i read all your post and you sure are pretty ignorant calling someone a newblet when you are one yourself with so many error problems.

thats called finding an answer, you ever tried it without flaming people?

ooh, grammar insult... havent seen that on any forums... get some new material and maybe i will write a decent response with your much needed grammar & spelling.

P.S. BURRRNN!!! :wink:

BugsBunny
04-24-2004, 23:35
I new a little kid like you would respond. Because you sure didn't understand what I said. You call others names and then you respond in saying that they call you names (newblet)(flaming) hmmm ignorant response, then when you call them a (newblet) then you are the one asking all the questions, another ignorant response. Before you jump to conclusions again try to read the post or your mind does not understand what I said again. Please try to refrain yourself from your ignorant and no sense responses.

ArtAttack
04-25-2004, 18:00
Just stop it and use PMs to talk with him

|2ob
04-25-2004, 18:06
Art to my rescue :)

BugsBunny
04-26-2004, 05:44
awwwwww

Regulate
05-02-2004, 01:22
Uhhh, since the update of CS/CZ to 1.1 the decal.wad no longer has the blood sprays, it reverted back to the "Break" spray that was a past problum.

DopeFish
05-12-2004, 05:12
Added changes from >eisbein< to the code (Condition Zero support).
http://dopefish.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/src/scripting/amx_gore.sma.diff?r1=1.2&r2=1.3&cvsroot=AMXX+Plugins

updated first posting

tcpdumped
05-27-2004, 16:50
I am trying to install gore on my CS1.6 server. Amxx works fine other than this plugin.

When I start the server, I get

L 05/27/2004 - 14:45:17: [AMXX] Function not found (name "set_user_rendering") (plugin "amx_gore.amx") as the server is starting up. Once it is finished starting up, I type amx_plugins and the gore plugin says

unknown unknown unknown amx_gore.amx bad load

I have tried everything I could find in the forums. When I compile it on the server, it does it with no errors. Can anyone help?

jtp10181
05-27-2004, 18:14
make sure you have the fun module loading...

otherwise I dunno.... you could try my "ultimate gore enhancement" plugin which is a combo of this plus gore2 plus bug fixes. Don't want to spam a advert but it may work for him over this one....

ncincott
06-24-2004, 15:16
I installed the files on the original first post yesterday and the decals for blood on the ground are... BREAK and white stuff.... which happened to draw the most hilarous comment on the server I've heard in a long time

"WTF I'm leaking white stuff!"

"Did you get shot in the nuts?" lol

Anyway... is there a fix for the new CZ version yet?

Thanks

DopeFish
06-24-2004, 16:09
c'mon guys, if you are using CZ then instll the CZ version.

ncincott
06-24-2004, 17:04
Umm.. I did install the CZ version

jtp10181
06-24-2004, 20:01
Try this one see if it works corectly.... it has automatic mod detection so theres no way you can screw it up :)

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=2039

I belive this normal gore plugin uses the same decal indexes I used in mine.... so....

Also one thing that could cause the gore plugin the malfunction is if your decals.was is not the correct one. run a steam update with -verify_all to make sure all your stuff is correct. Let me know in the other post if that plugin is also not working.

Deagle
06-25-2004, 05:52
this works nicely on the cs1.6 win
i was looking for a replacement for gore_ultimate.amx
it didnt have the fountain in HS
thank u mate
very nice done and nobodies invis.

Regards Deag

jtp10181
06-26-2004, 18:48
the ultimate plugin has the fountain thing for the HS, enable mode e "extra gory mode"

if you read the post it says that the extra option includes most of the stuff fopmr the orginal gore plugin.... but w/e.

Deagle
06-26-2004, 18:50
i actually just saw the default cvars and the add extra gor e
my bad sorry mate ur right i made a complete changeout of plugins just to get that and all i needed to do was add the cvar....
bummer the chickens go invis with this one!!

Regards

alman
07-29-2004, 13:43
<edit> nm fixed it

J5ive
08-03-2004, 18:52
how the hell do i install the plugins just wondering if theres anything special i have to do

BillyTheKid
08-04-2004, 15:28
You have to download the *.amx file and place it under /amxx/plugins and add a line to plugins.ini like: nameoffile.amx

KiN | SuicideDog
08-05-2004, 04:06
from amxx docs

Setting up Plugins
To install a plugin, copy the .amx file to: "addons/amxx/plugins".

Then add the plugin name to "addons/amxx/plugins.ini".

If the plugin requires any extra Cvars or settings, install them in "addons/amxx/configs/amxx.cfg".
Make sure the follow any directions the plugin author has given you.

If the plugin load sucessfully once you have restarted the server or map, this will show your plugin:
amxx plugins

EvilStars
09-04-2004, 11:11
Привет всем ! у меня с ним не большая проблемка он не запускается. копирую amx_gore.sma в HLServer\cstrike\addons\amxx\scripting и запускаю compile.bat . но когда захожу в игру нету ни крови ни мяса при убийствах ! Может подскажите что не так?
amxmodx 0.16

Ace | .Squadron
06-08-2005, 16:19
the 1.2 version in ur original post dopefish still sprays the word break all over in a cz server....and the one eibstein posted on page 4(plugin_gore) fixes the break problem, but has the invisibility on respawn problem, is there one i can get compiled that has them both fixed? i see the code changes, but i dont kno if i want to get into that....be much easier if i could just get it already compiled

jtp10181
06-08-2005, 17:12
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=2039

its already setup to automatically detect CZ and use the correct decals. It also sets all players to full visibility at the start of each round.

c0ke
06-19-2005, 11:37
what no... it says BREAK

PumP
03-24-2006, 08:35
can u not make this file a zipped one?

diamond-optic
03-24-2006, 12:54
theres no point in making it a zip... its a single sma file thats already tiny as hell...

PumP
03-24-2006, 14:09
[quote="diamond-optic"]theres no point in making it a zip... its a single sma file thats already tiny as hell...[/quote

When i try to download it it cant find the appropriate program for it dont know what to do. Help me plz :lol:

diamond-optic
03-24-2006, 18:17
open it in notepad, wordpad, amxx studio, etc...

Fyrmn472
04-06-2006, 01:24
Does this gore plugin work with DOD on a linux server?

diamond-optic
04-07-2006, 00:44
Does this gore plugin work with DOD on a linux server?

check your PMs on dodplugins.net

SubStream
05-19-2006, 15:01
does this plugin still work and if so can someone who's used it post screen shots?

jtp10181
05-19-2006, 18:10
This one works for sure.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=19346

Alot of these pics are from it

http://www.thekingpin.net/album_cat.php?cat_id=3