PDA

View Full Version : round end

L. Duke
05-23-2005, 18:56
What do I need to do to restart the round in CSS?

As a test I tried hooking FireEvent and sending a round end. It plays the sound (Ter/CT win) and displays the reason for winning in the white center text, but it doesn't restart the round.

Anyone know how I can end the round?

BAILOPAN
05-23-2005, 21:37
You can do it forcefully if you find the DLL offset of the function which restarts the round. It's hacky, but it works. I can help you more with that on IRC if you want.

Geesu
05-24-2005, 11:37
In theory with SourceHook could we re-route that function, and basically prevent the round from ending?

Josh

BAILOPAN
05-24-2005, 13:31
No, the function isn't virtual. However, I think it's only called by CCSGameRules::Think(), which _is virtual. If you knew the offset for that, you could hook it with SourceMM and prevent it from being called.

Geesu
05-24-2005, 18:24
o hell yes... time to start guessing random offsets.. LOL is that the only way to find it out? Like even if we have the leaked CS:S code shit?

L. Duke
05-25-2005, 19:54
You can do it forcefully if you find the DLL offset of the function which restarts the round. It's hacky, but it works. I can help you more with that on IRC if you want.

I'll hit you up sometime.

L. Duke
06-01-2005, 16:16
I'm trying to catch you on IRC now. Hope your around sometime in the next few days. Thanks.