PDA

View Full Version : Forced VOTE on join

usbongteam
12-12-2004, 14:02
This just crossed mymind, i dont know if you can do it, but here is a simple request.

I run a 18+ (adult) cs:s server, and my main reason is because I dont like dealing with little children. Another reason, most of the 18+ crowd smokes pot, and in matter in fact, our server name is "US BONGTEAM" (hense the name). Anyways, I was wondering if there was , or would be a way, to force a vote on someone joining for the first time to the server.

if your steam_id isn't recognized, ask the simple question.

"Are you 18+ years old?"

"yes", it writes your steam_id to a file.

if "no", it writes it to the banned_ip.cfg file, then kicks the guy.

---------------

anyways, that's my request.

Dygear
12-12-2004, 21:31
This just crossed mymind, i dont know if you can do it, but here is a simple request.

I run a 18+ (adult) cs:s server, and my main reason is because I dont like dealing with little children. Another reason, most of the 18+ crowd smokes pot, and in matter in fact, our server name is "US BONGTEAM" (hense the name). Anyways, I was wondering if there was , or would be a way, to force a vote on someone joining for the first time to the server.

if your steam_id isn't recognized, ask the simple question.

"Are you 18+ years old?"

"yes", it writes your steam_id to a file.

if "no", it writes it to the banned_ip.cfg file, then kicks the guy.

---------------

anyways, that's my request.

Well thats pretty mean, but its a good start for a plugin. Hey guys why do I need to know to write plugins for VALVe's meta interface? I think this plugin would make a good start for me. If some one wants to do the code I'll take a look at it and learn from it. I do learn better from code then a manual. I am a hands on kinda guy. Well thats major off topic but yea ok.

DarkMind
01-01-2005, 01:02
Can I get the same thing, but instead it asks:

Do you smoke pot?
1. No (writes to ip banned)
2. Yes (makes instant member)

:shock:

charlie99
02-12-2005, 13:45
HAHAHAHAHAH

XAD
02-12-2005, 14:36
...Anyways, I was wondering if there was , or would be a way, to force a vote on someone joining for the first time to the server.
Test "[plan9] Penthouse"... is that sort of what you mean (approve rules or get kicked)?? If it is then the answer to your question is "yes" :wink: (it could easely be ban instead of kick)...

/X

imported_SirTiger
02-13-2005, 07:29
Kids will always pretend to be older. If a site asks them if they are 18 im sure they will always say yes.

|2ob
02-13-2005, 12:12
but for the stupid....

imported_kalel
02-13-2005, 13:48
ok kids lets quiet down... no drug votes.. bad, just bad.

Tim
02-13-2005, 16:16
But a general: "I agree to play by the rules or get manhandeled by the admins if I don't "-vote
upon joining would be nice...
That way we'd be able to get some legitimacy for the actions preformed by the admins in controlling
the servers...
Anyone made & released this already?

imported_kalel
02-13-2005, 17:10
as far as the "agrement to join server" that should be easly done... it was used on HLGard. don't know if it added you to ban list or not but yea