PDA

View Full Version : reenter the welcome message and motd

scout121
10-24-2004, 13:55
i dont believe there is a way yet, but i and many other server operators would love it if during anytime within a game the clients could type somthing like /server or /rules and they would view the welcome message again thus read the server's rules.

This would be a great feature.

imported_YoMama
10-24-2004, 14:42
i dont believe there is a way yet, but i and many other server operators would love it if during anytime within a game the clients could type somthing like /server or /rules and they would view the welcome message again thus read the server's rules.

This would be a great feature.

There are several plugins available for amxmod(x) which do this allready.
No doubt that this will also become available as a SourceMod plugin

scout121
10-24-2004, 15:24
well in that case i would like it to be built in, it is just as good and needed as the ability to say nextmap, timeleft, /ff, and etc... imo. And i assume it should not be difficult to do. :)

ViPer
10-24-2004, 17:45
I must agree with scout121 and think this is as needed as /ff and etc.

FullThrottle
10-25-2004, 00:14
I'll have to get my rules plugin up on amxmodx's site so you can look at it. I've never been much of one for MOTD's because users just hit enter and ignore them. But with the one I created it does a text overlay up in the top left corner of the screen with all the rules for a set amount of time so that when a player connects it shows them the rules in an unremovable fashion and cannot be missed by a player. It also allows for rule enforcement by the admins with a menu system like the ban menu. It shows the player names and at the bottom you can select the rule they broke and it will warn them. Then after X number of warnings for breaking rules it will take the desired action that you set. You can also force rules to a player or players incase they "missed" them. I think this would go more in the fashion of how /ff and /nextmap works without disrupting the players view with something they would just close quickly and ignore.

XxAvalanchexX
10-26-2004, 22:35
public rules(id) {
client_cmd(id,"motd");
}

public plugin_init() {
register_plugin("Say Rules","0.1","Whoever");
register_clcmd("say /rules","rules",-1);
}

Tada.