PDA

View Full Version : Items weigh down players.

Dygear
10-24-2004, 05:26
Simple concept, The more shit you carry the slower you go. No matter if your holding the gun or not. If it is your back pack it should slow you down.

imported_YoMama
10-24-2004, 05:45
I took the liberty of correcting the subject of your post (i changed way into weigh), since it was confusing.

If I'm wrong, please forgive my ignorance :(

imported_malex
10-24-2004, 07:06
In real life, your speed doesn't only depend on how much weight you're carrying, but also how you're carrying it. Carrying something on your back is going to slow you down less when running than carrying that same something in both your hands. For walking, I can walk as fast holding something in my hands versus not holding something in my hands.

\malex\

ViPer
10-24-2004, 07:28
this is something that belongs in a realism mod, even thou that this idea is good itīs not something i would like to have on a regular server but would be great to implement on those servers that want maximum realism

scout121
10-24-2004, 20:07
1st it kinda seems like many people want to add a more realistic approach to cs, weight, cleaning ur guns and stuff. Go play rainbow6 or firearms, CS is supposed to be more fast paced gameplay and have an arcadish feel to it. Go ahead and make a pluggin if you want but i hope ur not expected these to be built into sourcemod. Besides, source has already slowed player movement down a lot compared to reg cs/cz, at least when i played the beta. And i dont think weight between carrying a colt and a pistol would slow u down all that much. Most players use the walk command anyways. And good players know to increase ur speed just pull out the knife. There is never really a substantial weight diff between weapons in cs. Now i know the m4 is a lot lighter than the heavy ak, so dont flame me. And weight is already playing a role when that weapon is out anyways.

ummm im a bit tired sry my sentenced r kinda fragmented and stuff lol. sleep needs me

imported_malex
10-24-2004, 21:54
What people who say "this belongs in a realism mod" forget is that any such realism mod would be likely be a plugin to SourceMod. Throwing out ideas here will keep the SourceMod developers aware of the possible uses SourceMod will have. There is currently no separate plugin ideas thread, so any such ideas are posted here. As with AMX Mod X now, you're not forced to run any specific plugins. You could even stop running the stock plugins distributed with AMX Mod X, if you didn't want admins or bans or imessages or whatever.

\malex\

rompom7
10-26-2004, 07:48
Yes, realism mod for CS is a current plugin for AMXModX. I don't see why it wont be converted to SourceMod. The reason I keep saying most of your ideas are best suited to the realism plugin is because it would be a lot easier to manage a "realism" server with only one major plugin, than a "realism" server with 20 small plugins.

I don't care if people make these realism plugins or not, I can guarantee however that it will not be popular. Sure it's something different from default Counter-Strike, but Counter-Strikes popularity is from its bridge between realism and fantasy. It's not fantasy like UT and it's not realistic like Ravenshield, it's in between and that makes the game truely great.

But hey, go nuts, I am sure some people will like it.

imported_malex
10-26-2004, 14:46
Most admins, I'm sure, would like to pick and choose what plugins they install, or what gameplay changes they would want to make. Often the monolithic plugins don't have a way to finetune which features are active and which aren't. I prefer the "one plugin, one function" approach, but that's just me.

\malex\