PDA

View Full Version : SQL Admin and SQL bans

nolook
10-08-2004, 01:38
I'd like to see the ability to setup Admin management and Ban management using SQL databases instead of users.ini, or banned.cfg files. Using SQL for admin and bans makes it so much easier to configure multiple servers. Would using SQL for these and more make the earlier request for Web access/configuration easier?

And thank you for the work you've done so far, and the untold hours I know you and your future teammates will be doing for us.

K2
10-08-2004, 02:07
Roger that... I run three source ports on the same box and being able to manage bans across all three so they match would be great. Have plenty of room for another dbase on my MySQL server ;)

And also, many thx for starting this project, it's great to see AMX extend to Source, both it and adminmod have been invaluable tools for server admins. Dunno what I'd do without seeing at least one available for Source :?

ZnaZ
12-18-2004, 06:25
I'd like to see the ability to setup Admin management and Ban management using SQL databases instead of users.ini, or banned.cfg files. Using SQL for admin and bans makes it so much easier to configure multiple servers. Would using SQL for these and more make the earlier request for Web access/configuration easier?

And thank you for the work you've done so far, and the untold hours I know you and your future teammates will be doing for us.

I am waiting for it for Linux

imported_YoMama
12-18-2004, 18:45

You will be able to do admin management via web/sql. Ban management will be available as SourceBans (addon to SourceMod)

DarkMind
01-01-2005, 01:42
Have plenty of room for another dbase on my MySQL server ;)

Got room for my server? =P

Anyways, what about this? What about independent servers sharing banned information on predetermined timeframes. For example, my server could query K2's server, requesting ban data. If his accepts, his would send the MySQL data to my server and then turn around and query mine for the same thing.

I think it would be a good way to fight back at cheaters/whiners/general fucking morons if we shared the data willingly.

...if even possible, of course.