PDA

View Full Version : Weapon leveling

ozzyzorda
05-14-2006, 12:05
~Edit
**And Lets assume I disable hero's like Morphius, Master Cheif, (heroes that have weapon multipiers)and The like. **
~End Edit

OK this Idea has been sturing up in mai brain for the last couple of days now.

Flammers just stfu and listen. If this idea has been used, ok, I am sorry. I haven't seen anything like it. I also don't know whether it would bad or good as a hero or if it would be better suited as a mod. If it would be better as a mod I will submit it to amxx.com (or whatever the name of the website is)

Ok. For now I will call this hero/mod "Level Me". The only easy way I can describle this would be once you chose this hero a WW3 type leveling is enabled, but instead of getting other powers your weapons are your class(no menu). As you use a weapon you gain "experience" for THAT gun. As you gain more experience and as you use a gun more your damage multiplyer increases by 0.01 or 0.02 or whatever. and once you disable the hero you lose your modifiers

//Hero CVAR's

hero_level 5 //Level this hero is enabled
hero_weaponlevel 0.02 //modifyer increase per weapon level
hero_killlevel 15 //global setting of how many kills it takes to level your weapons.
hero_level<gun>
hero_level<gun>
(continue for max of 5 or 10 guns to list or just edit the cvar in the .sma then recompile)
hero_<knife>hero_killlevel description continued:

Set to -1(or 0, whichever works) to modify weapon levels individually (this should be set up if it is given any number higher than 0 all the next CVARS are over written)

Any POSITIVE/HELPFUL feedback?

mydas
05-14-2006, 12:59
there are enough hero with multipliers as is, your hero would work only if
1. the server wouldn't have most of the other multiplier heroes or
2. it would be a mod ^_^.

the idea is very cool. gain proficiency in what u're using ... interesting fun mod that would be. but what would snipers get ? i would suggest speed, cuz damage is redundant.

this could be very complex. like if you die very often, your hp will go up by a lot. but once you have a better ratio, your hp will drop to normal (but not suddenly), and you gain more damage or i dunno, speed can be thrown in too.

ozzyzorda
05-14-2006, 13:36
this could be very complex. like if you die very often, your hp will go up by a lot. but once you have a better ratio, your hp will drop to normal (but not suddenly), and you gain more damage or i dunno, speed can be thrown in too.
funnily enough as it may be, that was the topic of my next post. lol. a mod to even out hp against players who have a better skills against noobies. basicly to give noobies a better chance of killing. but that is for another post.

*snipers would get better SLIGHTLY better speed while zooming. Accuracy would need to decrease though, to keep from sniper spamming.

mydas
05-14-2006, 14:58
how can u decrease accuracy ? make your crosshair tremble or what ?

ozzyzorda
05-14-2006, 23:33
how can u decrease accuracy ? make your crosshair tremble or what ?
I dunno. that would be cool, though. Maybe the more they move the more they "tremble". Well, anyone else with an Idea?

**And Lets assume I disable hero's like Morphius, Master Cheif, and The like. **

mydas
05-15-2006, 04:56
well no sniper shoots while mooving, right ? what good will it do ?

ozzyzorda
05-15-2006, 12:33
I guess we could keep the accuracy intact, but there would definately need to be moderation of sniper spam. Maybe add sniper fatigue(if they stay in sniper mode too long they start trembling. As they advance, they lose the trembling by so much)

~edit
This would be an awesome idea to to the opposite mod. They start out as woop ars, but as they become stronger(i.e. they get more kills with a specific weapon) the weapon becomes less desirable due to "wear and tear" and maybe becomes less responsive, "malfunctions", becomes less accurate, or "misfires", and you have to pay to "Fix" it, but the more you level the less likely and more expensive it will be for the gun to be completely fixed.

there would be ALOT of math involved.

God, I hate when mai mind races like this. if any of this is confusing ask and I will clerify to the best of mai ability. I am just putting mai thoughts down before I forget them. I will organize everything as more things become set in stone.

mydas
05-15-2006, 15:12
I understood you perfectly, but it's probably undesirable by most people, that can handle only few weapons.

ozzyzorda
05-15-2006, 18:03
...but it's probably undesirable by most people, that can handle only few weapons.
ok, now you lost me. Who or what can handle only a few weapons. and if you mean other player, that's good it forces players to use weapons they don't normally use, i.e. they get better at weapons they don't like cuz they can't use it well. Do you get that point? wow, I just thought of that benefit!!!

mydas
05-15-2006, 18:25
What I mean was, ppl generally use 1 weapon, 2 at most which they're good at.

Emp`
05-15-2006, 19:31
What I mean was, ppl generally use 1 weapon, 2 at most which they're good at.*cough* m4 *cough* ak *cough* awp *cough* mp5 *cough*

ozzyzorda
05-15-2006, 20:32
What I mean was, ppl generally use 1 weapon, 2 at most which they're good at.
P.S. ahead of Time, I am jumping off the main topic.

Yeah and mai "reverse leveling" system would force players to use other guns.

Sorry, I am thinking of two mods in one. trying to sort out idea's.

Werewolf
05-30-2006, 13:59
What I mean was, ppl generally use 1 weapon, 2 at most which they're good at.*cough* m4 *cough* ak *cough* awp *cough* mp5 *cough*
Err... I often use all sorts of weapons. Often plays surf so it is much snipers which I really hate, because you have problems killing them with my fav weapon, shotgun :?
Shotguns are considered being the best weapons at surf-maps even if snipers are more common, because there are many places where you can stop and begin shooting.
Well thats all for now. And this seems like a bad idea after all... I mean if you ADD accuracy on shotguns everyone will use them. And I know this because I have a server(dedicated) with that wierd hero that makes your aiming perfect. Everyone abuses it and use autoshottie + punisher or any other unlimited ammo/no reloading heroes.
Oh... forgot one thing. This would be on http://www.amxmodx.org forums and not here. This is a MOD and not a hero. If it would be a hero its name would be "Weaponmaster" or something like that, but you cant add levels to a hero which is a part of a mod where you have levels.