PDA

View Full Version : Clueless (April Fools)

Freecode
04-01-2006, 02:33
Ok. Lately i have been working on the module to get the long awaited update out. It is coming well and all but few days ago i was informed that Alfred Reynolds (one of the big guys behind HL1/2 that works for valve) has decided to target us as one of the specific mods. What does that mean? It means that valve will do anything in their power to shut SH mod down.

"We are more concerned with giving people consistent gameplay rather than any specific cheat problem. You would be amazed at the number of people that get confused (i.e email us complaining) when joining a HL1 based server with some of the noisier mods (I am looking at the warcraft3 superhero mod here...)."

-Alfred

So i am clueless whether to continue on the mod.

The_One
04-01-2006, 02:57
just continue it. i doubt he will be able to stop SH mod all together....

Freecode
04-01-2006, 03:06
the can, very easily. Just update the source to the engine. Thats all it takes.
Kinda make it like HL2

DFG
04-01-2006, 03:33
Why SH
was there anything wrong??????
They cant update every version of the game to HL2
we can use the old ones

Freecode
04-01-2006, 03:36
As you can see they really dont like wc3 or sh. As it breaks the main purpose of the game. But they dont understand that some people like it and prefer to have those mods on the server.

DFG
04-01-2006, 03:40
Well it is
but we cant let them shut it down
theres enuoght normal CS, CZ, HL ... servers
poeple just want to have some fun more then the normal mod can give

(,)!nkl3
04-01-2006, 04:19
From mi opinion from all the mods ive played (warcraft, UWC3, starwars and Super Hero) Super Hero is by far the best it brings endless fun and is a gr8 mod i don't see any problem with it at all i don't understand y this guy alfred from valve would want to stop people having fun. There must be what hundreds of SH servers with hundreds of players who must equally enjoy playing on them as i do. tbh why are people cmplaining about joining SH and Wacraft3 servers as they see it as cheating??? as it is oviously not cheating? every one gets there own powers people who have never played before just don't understand how you play them ( i sure h8 it when noobs come on SH servers and then havent got a clue wots going one, and sometimes even call u cheaters etc.) i would personally continue with creating the mod, but what can i say its up to.

imported_Dmk
04-01-2006, 04:29
maybe we could make it a real mod , not something inside cs but a stand-alone mod like most hl2 mods .

Like this :

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d64/dickkoper/kaas.jpg

- Dmk

Om3gA
04-01-2006, 05:06
Apr 01, 2006

N1 Freecode ^^

allmost got me to believe it :D

like this done (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=33019)

DFG
04-01-2006, 05:19
damn forgot its 1st of april

jtp10181
04-01-2006, 07:15
He couldn't keep SH from working anyway, unless he totally broke metamod and amxx.

DFG
04-01-2006, 08:01
HE wont do that
all normal game servers run on meta, amx(x)

imported_Krillin
04-01-2006, 11:57
It is very hard to belive VALVe / Steam can do anything about stopping a mod to run on servers. You guys tend to forget. VALVe / Steam can not even get thier own program to run properly, let alone stop mods from running on them.

It seems as if VALVe / Steam is only concerned about the money more then worrying about making an HL1/HL2 engine for the client flawless before VALVe and Steam teamed up in early of 2001. They put more and more games on steam that have nothing to do with HL1 or HL2. Which is why Steam is in motion to being with. :?

However, I can understand where Alfred is coming from. You get so many children playing Couter-Strike who goes into a SuperHero MOD Server not even knowing what SH MOD is or does. Then they start complaining about how everyone is cheating / hacking in the server. Only becuase they are clueless as to how the server is set up to run with SH MOD. Last time I knew, VALVe ignored all thoes whinning little twirps who complained about servers. Servers are operated independently and Steam / VALVe have NO CONTROL over the operations of a server. I guess they are just sick of getting e-mails about them. Well, that is why there are e-mail FILTERS. Use them Alfred! :roll:

I only know this first hand from running and playing in a SuperHero MOD server 18 months now. I have seen just about everything. I have even explained to the ingorant little buggers about SH MOD and what it can do. The only way they stop all this, is just quit CS 1.6. And I do not think they are going to stop their #1 game.

Just keep developing SuperHero MOD as normal until they actually do stop SH MOD. They only thing they can do at this time is not supply you with server functions of if they change them or add new features. But I am sure you have your ways of finding out in a round about way.

Krillin

Freecode
04-01-2006, 12:28
Well, April Fools everyone.
This is a joke but that quote is real. It was actualy made about HL2. The reason why it still is very hard to make shero or wc3 mod for HL2. Now you can see why we are not making anything for source yet.

I had a good prank for my parents today. I switched sugar with sault knowing the first thing they do in the morning is drink coffee. My mom threw up and my dad blamed the sugar company to putting salt in the package. LMAO

04-01-2006, 13:25
Haha good one Freecode :lol:

The_One
04-01-2006, 14:06
i thought it was a serious topic lol even the homepage lol

DFG
04-01-2006, 14:07
No more jokes plz ok???

(,)!nkl3
04-02-2006, 01:56
lol, uactually had me going ;) well pld nice prank :D

bLiNd
04-02-2006, 04:14
It is very hard to belive VALVe / Steam can do anything about stopping a mod to run on servers. You guys tend to forget. VALVe / Steam can not even get thier own program to run properly, let alone stop mods from running on them.

It seems as if VALVe / Steam is only concerned about the money more then worrying about making an HL1/HL2 engine for the client flawless before VALVe and Steam teamed up in early of 2001. They put more and more games on steam that have nothing to do with HL1 or HL2. Which is why Steam is in motion to being with. :?

However, I can understand where Alfred is coming from. You get so many children playing Couter-Strike who goes into a SuperHero MOD Server not even knowing what SH MOD is or does. Then they start complaining about how everyone is cheating / hacking in the server. Only becuase they are clueless as to how the server is set up to run with SH MOD. Last time I knew, VALVe ignored all thoes whinning little twirps who complained about servers. Servers are operated independently and Steam / VALVe have NO CONTROL over the operations of a server. I guess they are just sick of getting e-mails about them. Well, that is why there are e-mail FILTERS. Use them Alfred! :roll:

I only know this first hand from running and playing in a SuperHero MOD server 18 months now. I have seen just about everything. I have even explained to the ingorant little buggers about SH MOD and what it can do. The only way they stop all this, is just quit CS 1.6. And I do not think they are going to stop their #1 game.

Just keep developing SuperHero MOD as normal until they actually do stop SH MOD. They only thing they can do at this time is not supply you with server functions of if they change them or add new features. But I am sure you have your ways of finding out in a round about way.

Krillin

That made me laugh more than Freecodes post.

~bLiNd

Freecode
04-02-2006, 09:51
lol blind, ye it was pretty funny.

kanu | DarkPredator
04-02-2006, 14:53
haha... geez i forgot about april fools day entirely, nothing happened yesterday to remind me.

i read this today (april 2) and was like... damn that sucks. luckily i read on.

imported_Krillin
04-03-2006, 14:56
I know it may be funny, but you all know it is 10000% true. That is why you find it so funny. It did not dawn on me until after I made the posting that it was in fact an april fools joke.

But I gotta ask. Why did everyone (AMXMOD-X as well) decided to use VALVe in their pranks this year. I have a feeling all you folks got together and preplanned this to get a reaction out of us.:lol:

Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Asking Valve to Fix STEAM"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/steam333/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
signing yourself.

Best wishes,
KRILLIN
I am glad someone got it!

Krillin

Freecode
04-03-2006, 18:39
Alright Krillin. Please DO NOT REPLY ANYMORE.
You can think w/e you want to think. Live in your own world where everything you think is right.
Im just gonna say this. VALVe is in the place to run how steam and there games work. If that means cutting support for metamod and killing sh, wc3, amxx mod. Then so be it. Its their decision. They do realise that 70% + of servers use metamod. So this is one of the reasons they are not gonna do it for HL1. But mark my words, they can do w/e they like.