PDA

View Full Version : insane idea for a new knife model

werdpad
07-18-2005, 22:18
can anybody make a hero with a knife model using the knife/sword from halo2 that the covenant used? i think that would be really cool

maybe even give them a shield somehow where they absorb up to X damage over a period of time and once the shield is depleted they start taking damage from hp like normal until the shield can regenerate, maybe use the armor as the shield?

imported_HOMiE
07-18-2005, 22:19
rip........... i dont think anyones gonna go for it...try to add something original

ballafacio
07-18-2005, 22:21
actually i am a fan of halo and i think that would be a good idea i think someone should make that, because im tired of all these superheros that have a knife model that do the same things as other heros like wolverine and darth maul they both do knife and both regenerate.

imported_HOMiE
07-18-2005, 22:21
but your ideas still a rip........ :roll:

werdpad
07-18-2005, 22:24
chucky is a rip of wolverine and zeus, at least the covenant shield idea is new.. i dont know of any heroes that use ap as a shield, and the knife model would look cool.

ballafacio
07-18-2005, 22:27

what heros can possible make up the idea he made :?:

werdpad
07-18-2005, 22:32
im sure everyone who has played halo understands the knife model part, but let me clarifiy the energy shield part.

say a user has 200 hp and 200 ap. they take 50 damage and now they have 200 hp and 150 ap, until the ap is zero they will lose no hp. after a set time the ap will regenerate back to the players max.

if theres a balance issue it can be balanced with the following
1) other heroes do straight damage to the player or just kill them instantly
2) use a damage multiplier for the armor in the energy shield, so if the player takes 50 dmg and the multiplier is 2 the player loses 100 ap
3) other heroes like poison ivy drain ap, and not to mention when you get shot it takes away armor too

i like the combination of the halo knife model and the energy shield, maybe make the player glow a color like white when their shield is active, anyway it was just a suggestion/request. i like to put a lot of halo stuff on my server and a lot of people seem to like it

imported_HOMiE
07-19-2005, 00:12

what heros can possible make up the idea he made :?:

a knife with a model :roll:

whiteboikyle
07-19-2005, 01:16
homie the knife model would be a rip if it was only a knife model... but he added more stuff. so its a half of a rip but its still orginal... i like the ap as a sheild.. Props Props

imported_HOMiE
07-19-2005, 02:08
well yeah thats kind of what i meant and i misread the shield i thought i was like dracula...my bad...but it is still kind of a rip ( the knife )

whiteboikyle
07-19-2005, 02:30
ya but if people want a superhero/halo server that would be cool.

imported_HOMiE
07-19-2005, 02:51
hes talking about a hero NOT SERVER!

whiteboikyle
07-19-2005, 03:08
hes talking about a hero NOT SERVER!no duhh it would be cool if it was a hero in a halo/superhero server.. Duhh :P

vittu
07-19-2005, 06:37
There's no real good way to do the shield type of thing... Best thing you could probably do is add the HP back that was taken, but if more is taken then you have then you die... Look at the hero The Thing for reference.

D o o m
07-19-2005, 07:42
Only if you have knife out, the shield will work. What about that? :lol: But then it would be easy to survive really long (think of Iron Man, War Machine, Ice Man, and so on.. They give you ap back)

guy
07-19-2005, 11:30
can anybody make a hero with a knife model using the knife/sword from halo2 that the covenant used? I'm already making this and it's not coming out too well :/. It's for counterhalo...

whiteboikyle
07-19-2005, 15:06
can anybody make a hero with a knife model using the knife/sword from halo2 that the covenant used? I'm already making this and it's not coming out too well :/. It's for counterhalo... guy u should also add the sheild thing that he was talking about for counterhalo.. makes more like halo..

ballafacio
07-19-2005, 15:10
this hero would be good if it had limitation like he listed but the idea with only the knife out sounds good too, it should be decided with the cvars if the server owner wants it to be with knife out of not :D

guy
07-19-2005, 19:37
Yeah I'm going to do it, just give me some time. It's not going to be a hero though it's going to be Halo mod.

whiteboikyle
07-19-2005, 19:42
ya u should keep it for on counterhalo so no one else will want it.. and u probably dont want to waste ur time on making it for a hero.

guy
07-19-2005, 19:48
It wouldn't be that hard all I'd have to do is just rip the code from the halo mod once I'm done with it and port it to a hero.

whiteboikyle
07-19-2005, 19:55
Ooh but u should just keep it for urself makes more people want to come to ur server more unique.

guy
07-19-2005, 22:26
It is an open source community and I will be distributing the halo mod sma and amxx and models... So I have no idea what you're talking about. We want to expand not stay small... Fool.

Michael J. Caboose
07-20-2005, 10:52
why don't you just give him like- 200AP and then just put a keydown to refill AP, but make it a small amount, like 5 ap per push so you'd have to keep tapping it and it would refill the amount you can push your finger. Though that would be a slight problem because you might be able to keep pushing it and get ap, but there probably is a command to not let you do that. Sry i'm a hippocrit XD

werdpad
07-20-2005, 16:01
why don't you just give him like- 200AP and then just put a keydown to refill AP, but make it a small amount, like 5 ap per push so you'd have to keep tapping it and it would refill the amount you can push your finger. Though that would be a slight problem because you might be able to keep pushing it and get ap, but there probably is a command to not let you do that. Sry i'm a hippocrit XD

that would result in every player (up to 32) pressing a button making the server do more work, i think the best bet it just to use a task every 10 seconds or so to replentish the users AP up to its max if they have the hero. plus its more inconvenient for the user with the hero

guy
07-20-2005, 17:38
What the hell are you talking about? I'm not going to make this a hero anyways. Someone else can, and I could care less but that makes no sense, and has nothing to dxo with halo.