PDA

View Full Version : [Fixed] Players killing for XP

Born2Lose
07-17-2005, 19:47
ok well i know JTP that you fixed 1.18 so players don't get XP for killing themselves.
* - Added check so people don't get MercyXP for typing "kill" in the console (not available for AMX98)
But the thing is, Well alot of time players play with friends. So one person will kill themselves and the other players in the server will get mercy XP because the round restarts. This can only be done with only a few players in the server. So is there anyway you can fix it so you don't get Mercy XP from restarting the round.

jtp10181
07-17-2005, 21:25
suicide doesn't result in a round restart, the round ends and a new one starts. I could make it so on true round restart mercyxp is skipped. I could also probably make it so if an entire team was killed by "kill" (suicide) that no one would get mercy XP.

Born2Lose
07-17-2005, 23:58
Yeah that would be very helpful. I was so happy when 1.18 was released thinking no more problems with people killing themselves for XP. But then just lately it has gotten really crazy on my CZ server. It's really stupid how some people just like to cheat there way through everything.

jtp10181
07-31-2005, 09:44
ok I added some more checking to mercyXP abuse. its on the CVS.