v1.2 - Uploaded

Description
*Revive all on keydown.*

**http://www.zellfantasy.it/chat/album/aeris.jpg**

shconfig.cfg CVARS

//aeris
aeris_level 10
aeris_cooldown 900 //Cooldown timer between able to revive

**This was requested by emp`, i personally thought there should be a punishment for doing something like this lol, but i dunno what. Lose XP? Lose life per person you revive? i dunno u tell me :P hehehe And the lame fire effect is pretty lame i know lol, maybe i should make it shoot out bubbles when u respawn someone rofl...**

notorious-sk8er
07-07-2005, 04:55
uhhhhhhhh......ok.. u should make it like a sacrifice wen they revive. you revive the whole team and u die

AZNDARKEVILDEMON
07-07-2005, 11:09
full-revive all: on keydown you revive all dead players, your teamates and your enemies

Why revive enemies? like what happen if u revive and strong level from the dead and it kill you

07-07-2005, 11:46
Uhm... Then you are dead...
What do you expect ?

AZNDARKEVILDEMON
07-07-2005, 13:31
i mean was, a strong guy come back alive and kill you

07-07-2005, 13:49
So what ?
You have the option not to use the hero...
Then noone who is dead will come back and kill you...

Emp`
07-07-2005, 15:44
yay, its done lol, that was fun testing it though ^_^

thx again rockell/yang, wuteva you want to be called ^_^

eman
07-07-2005, 17:45
why not call it aeris? the last name is just ugh....

bLiNd
07-07-2005, 22:14
idea for v2 which was actually going to be my take on this hero once i finished my current projects.

revive anyone on your team via a menu. selective revive ^_^

yang
07-07-2005, 22:35
looking forward to ur predator with the cool models o.O ahahhaha. I really don't know about the selective revive, that would be pretty powerful. O.o, i was thinking more like maybe bring them back at 1/2 life like at 50 hp or something cuz u probably most likely use this hero if most of ur team mates died and the other team hasn't died any or just a little bit ppl. o.O i dunno lol :P

mage
07-21-2005, 11:34
this is king in leveling i wait until almost all enemy is dead and stand on their spawn and revive them. alot of xp.

werdpad
07-21-2005, 23:51
i agree with the poster who said the person who uses it should die, or they should at least be set to 1 life

Freecode
07-22-2005, 00:11
register_srvcmd("revive", "revive")
so any admin can just exec the command without having the hero :?

vittu
07-22-2005, 00:14
haha nice, must have been left over for something he used as a basis. I just hope he understands what the code is.

yang
07-22-2005, 00:30
lol i usually put in those commands so i can test it without cool down. :D ahahhaa guess i left it in there by mistake o.O lol how embarassing ^_^. and it was simple scripting too lol... now i am blushing *^_^* HO HO HO.

NOW ITS FIXED ><

Styles
07-22-2005, 02:59
gj nice idea :)

werdpad
07-23-2005, 14:24
i noticed a couple bugs with this hero when i used it on my server

1) when used it revives specs
2) when used it creates "ghost" players that you can see and they lean forward but you cant shoot or knife

i dont have dr. strange or any other heroes that could be causing it. the only heroes i have that revive are zeus and chucky and the problem didnt occur until i put this hero on. the heroes really cool but ill wait until a new version is released to use it

version info
Dedicated CS 1.6 server
SHero 1.18a
Amxx 1.01
Aeris 1.0

werdpad
07-24-2005, 12:08
i took the time to fix the revive spec bug in this hero
attached is the fixed SMA and AMXX file

EDIT: the hero is still bugged though, people come back stuck in that spazzed out position and knives/bullets go through. theyre not fully alive. is there anyway to fix that?

-----------------------------
Edit attachment removed by moderator.
Rockell is still a very active member and updates his heroes, please ask before doing something like that (PM). Rockell is very open to suggestive changes. And from looking at your code i think you created the spazz by not spawning the player twice which Rockell did correctly.

btw, Rockell all he did was add a check for 'get_user_team(id) != 0' to line 98... and removed a user_spawn(id) which created a bug... But he is right you should be making sure that a user is on a team before respawning them.

yang
07-25-2005, 14:28
thanx to werdpad for the tip on the spec thing.
So therefore, this is the new updates:

- Fixed so spectators do not join :P
- Added a movement check (From nightcrawler, so thanx for that code :P) to make sure you are able to move after respawning otherwise it kills you and respawns you.

If there's any bugs with the added position checker, tell me, i'll just remove it :P.

Off topic:

Looking for someone who is decently good at entity coding :D.. lol, i'm working on a teleporter hero. about 85% finished, but need help with getting the origin of the entity as well as saving each teleporter's coordinates to each person. If someone has that abilitiy :P help me? Cuz i am still learning entity stuff.

Halvor
07-26-2005, 09:29
thanx to werdpad for the tip on the spec thing.
So therefore, this is the new updates:

- Fixed so spectators do not join :P
- Added a movement check (From nightcrawler, so thanx for that code :P) to make sure you are able to move after respawning otherwise it kills you and respawns you.

If there's any bugs with the added position checker, tell me, i'll just remove it :P.

Off topic:

Looking for someone who is decently good at entity coding :D.. lol, i'm working on a teleporter hero. about 85% finished, but need help with getting the origin of the entity as well as saving each teleporter's coordinates to each person. If someone has that abilitiy :P help me? Cuz i am still learning entity stuff.

What do you mean rocell we already have 2 teleport heroes :P

yang
07-26-2005, 13:22
its a move checker, its not a teleporter. notice what i said...

werdpad
07-27-2005, 16:03
hey rockell, sorry about posting that code before. anyway i wanted to let you know i dled the new version and it fixed the spec bug where spectators are revived as players and can play, but it still has the bug that lets a player in "limbo" (not dead but not alive) to shoot you. in other words its like a dead spectator with a gun that locks on you with free chase or locked chase cam and lets them shoot you while youre alive and theyre in limbo

yang
07-27-2005, 16:19
if i'm correct on this, thats a bug counterstrike has. It is a bug of internal error. I don't think its something we can fix. Cuz I sometimes have the same problem with zeus where it respawns but not really playable, just standing there. I did add the move checker to make sure they can move but i dunno how much thats gonna help :P... cuz whenever you revive a crap load of ppl, there's more chance of the bug alive/dead limbo surfacing i guess. However, if you do have an idea how to fix it, don't hesitate to tell me :P. hehehe

vittu
07-27-2005, 23:29
Alright I'll test this out but more then likely the problem is from respawning a user that's been dead for too long. From what i remeber the HUD starts screwing up if you wait too long to respawn a users, not sure about if the player been dead for sometime...

--------------------------
Edit:
Ok after seeing this I kinda remeber this now, respawning after someone has been dead for 5 sec or more will cause this. Anything 2 sec or more will screw with the HUD... So I'm not sure if this hero is possible to fix. Could just make it cause a restart round, heh.

FaDe
08-01-2005, 03:38
In FF7 did Aeris respawn/heal enemies as well, cuzz I don't recall that :shock:

werdpad
08-04-2005, 15:18
would adding hp or giving weapons to the bugged player (in limbo) fix this?

Lord_Destros
08-08-2005, 03:18
Why not make it so that when on key down, you revive all allies but you must sacrifice yourself (since aeris dies in FF7)