PDA

View Full Version : Hero: Iceman v2.0

Kojiro
11-15-2004, 21:26
Iceman v2.0

Description
Ice Trail - Create a trail of ice to go wherever you want.

http://www.mediocreminds.com/version1/images/superhero/m/iceman.jpg
Bio (http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/i/iceman.htm)

shconfig.cfg CVARS
//Ice Man
iceman2_level 0
iceman2_timer 0.1 //How often (seconds) to run the loop
iceman2_maxspeed 425 //Max Speed
iceman2_armorfuel 1 //Uses armor as fuel
iceman2_fuelcost 4 //How much armor does it cost per firing
iceman2_armor 100 //How much armor does ironman start with?

Alright, here we go agian.
This is my second hero, and my third time trying to post this, I guess I forgot all about how the header has to be and everything. Anyway, I've made iceman version 2.0, peep it.

Iceman v2.0
Name: Robert Drake
Codename: Iceman
Information: Iceman has the innate ability to lower his body temperature internally and externally to temperatures lower than -100 F in seconds. He can use this ability manifest a sheet of ice that is used to protect him. He can even project his powers and create objects such as icicle shards that he uses as projectile weapons, shield, and ice bridges. (And apparently, now a days, so my friend told me, he's nearly immortal because he can reassemble himself from water particles in the air, so lame.)

In Game Ability
Ice Trail: Iceman uses his abilities to create a trail of ice beneath him, allowing him to traverse anywhere at the cost of energy.

Creator Notes: I tell you people, I had the HARDEST time figuring out how to make such a (seemingly) simple character. Mostly because... well, you can make a beam trail... but the beam trail goes ONLY at the origin... and that is the center of your body, unfortunatly. I had to make a seperate entity, attach the beam to it, make sure the entity dies and such, had to make it follow the caster, etc... etc... I originally gave the entity the same velocity and angle that iceman gets... however, you can hold the back button... and it'd slow you some, so the entity would slowly go in front of you... so that didn't work out too well, or if you were floating and hit someone, the entity would keep going, but you wouldn't. So, I decided to just set the origin of the entity every interval, which is 0.1 seconds. This, however, didn't work out too well just because of how low the beam was, so, if you walked on the ground for an extended length of time, the entity would stop, and the trail would dissapear. So, I eventually had to set the entity at JUST the right height so it wouldn't conflict with the ground, and would also look like it's at your feet. All of which I have NOT previously learned to do, so with help from the soccer freak and forge scripts, I figured out how to make it work.

The thing creates a blue trail at your feet, teleport particle effects as it is being created, and while you are using the ability you get a spiffy light blue glow shell. Thats basically it, enjoy.

Fatebringer
11-15-2004, 21:32
So... he gets to walk on air while on keydown?

I'm a bit confused, could you clarify a bit, and post some cvars for the hero?

Chivas2973
11-15-2004, 22:08
gj on the heros, but your posts are more like the hero idea posts

give just hero name, description and a list of cvars

but gj and keep it up man, we need em

edit, can this be made to work for amx 9.8a

Buttface
11-15-2004, 22:15
im guessing like in some places (cant specify :-/) iceman travels on like ice and he skates on it so its like he slides ?

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-15-2004, 22:46
wait um...so its no clip?
im not sure what it does

Kojiro
11-16-2004, 01:12
Basically, its no clip, but you can't go through things, heh.
So, its more accuratly described as a superman like mode of transportation...
It sounds lame, but I'm OHH so very proud of it, look at the length of the code, rediculous, also reflected in his file size. The only cool complex thing about this hero really, is the fact that the beamtrail goes at his feet.

This of course, can be used for other heros that do the exact same thing, such as, say... Silver Surfer, you could also add your little board to his feet as the model for the entity, it opens up some possibilities. Acctually, come to think of it... I should have made this silver surfer v2.0 instead of iceman... but whatever.

Hope that clarifies... something.

Oh, btw, posted Cvars.

Prowler
11-16-2004, 02:12
I just have to say i admire your bravery, my first heroes were all relativly simple... your just diving in head first :P which excellent cause we all know we have enough rips going around :P

Congrats on this hero :) good work :)

Kebmaster
11-16-2004, 10:20
isnt this just a rip from ironman? cant see much new here :roll:

Chivas2973
11-16-2004, 13:38
isnt this just a rip from ironman? cant see much new here :roll:

how is this ironman
In Game Ability
Ice Trail: Iceman uses his abilities to create a trail of ice beneath him, allowing him to traverse anywhere at the cost of energy.

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-16-2004, 14:33
i was looking over the code..it really resembled iron man
but it has been changed ALOT
so i wouldnt call this hero a rip

Prowler
11-16-2004, 15:48
Iron man was used as a base, that was stated, so of course it would bear resemblances. This is not a rip.

Kebmaster
11-16-2004, 15:58
ok, sry for my stupid post :(

Buttface
11-16-2004, 18:17
Hey kojiro nice hero . I got question about it do you see ice under you when you use?

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-16-2004, 21:11
Hey kojiro nice hero . I got question about it do you see ice under you when you use?

The thing creates a blue trail at your feet, teleport particle effects as it is being created, and while you are using the ability you get a spiffy light blue glow shell. Thats basically it, enjoy.

PaperBowser1337
11-16-2004, 23:08
meh ive used this hero its alright its baiscly the same thing as flying with superman cept it uses up your AP

Prowler
11-17-2004, 00:50
Well concidering how complex superman v2's code is compared to this hero, then i have to give extra credit for it :)

Kebmaster
11-17-2004, 09:22
but u dont loose armor in superhero v2........ :P

Rippah
11-17-2004, 13:19
just how can he be this UBERMAN on programming while still a recruit?????I DONT GET IT!!!!!!i suck in this....

Chivas2973
11-17-2004, 13:47
just how can he be this UBERMAN on programming while still a recruit?????I DONT GET IT!!!!!!i suck in this....

your rank has nothing to do with your abilities, if bill gates himself came into these forums, he would be a recruit till he got enough posts to move up

translation, rank is based on number of posts alone, not knowledge of coding

FLASHBANGER14
11-17-2004, 19:59
or he like practiced 24/7 and just checked out how the heros worked and tried to make one that wasnt a rip and thats probally how he learned :lol:

FLASHBANGER14
11-17-2004, 20:48
I need a 9.8 amx version of this plz lol

Chivas2973
11-17-2004, 22:23
I agree, I would really like to try this on 9.8a

Kojiro
11-18-2004, 02:39
Hmmm... Well, I'm completely new to the "small" language, but I'm a senior in highschool, and I've taken two computer programming courses, and "small" is basically C++, but with a few differences. I have no idea how to convert to the lesser versions, since I started out with amxmodx, I have no experience with the other ones.

If someone could convert it for me, that'd be great.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

HermanB
11-20-2004, 09:39
Alright, here we go agian.
This is my second hero, and my third time trying to post this, I guess I forgot all about how the header has to be and everything. Anyway, I've made iceman version 2.0, peep it.

http://www.mediocreminds.com/version1/images/superhero/m/iceman.jpg

Iceman v2.0
Name: Robert Drake
Codename: Iceman
Information: Iceman has the innate ability to lower his body temperature internally and externally to temperatures lower than -100 F in seconds. He can use this ability manifest a sheet of ice that is used to protect him. He can even project his powers and create objects such as icicle shards that he uses as projectile weapons, shield, and ice bridges. (And apparently, now a days, so my friend told me, he's nearly immortal because he can reassemble himself from water particles in the air, so lame.)

In Game Ability

Creator Notes: I tell you people, I had the HARDEST time figuring out how to make such a (seemingly) simple character. Mostly because... well, you can make a beam trail... but the beam trail goes ONLY at the origin... and that is the center of your body, unfortunatly. I had to make a seperate entity, attach the beam to it, make sure the entity dies and such, had to make it follow the caster, etc... etc... I originally gave the entity the same velocity and angle that iceman gets... however, you can hold the back button... and it'd slow you some, so the entity would slowly go in front of you... so that didn't work out too well, or if you were floating and hit someone, the entity would keep going, but you wouldn't. So, I decided to just set the origin of the entity every interval, which is 0.1 seconds. This, however, didn't work out too well just because of how low the beam was, so, if you walked on the ground for an extended length of time, the entity would stop, and the trail would dissapear. So, I eventually had to set the entity at JUST the right height so it wouldn't conflict with the ground, and would also look like it's at your feet. All of which I have NOT previously learned to do, so with help from the soccer freak and forge scripts, I figured out how to make it work.

shconfig.cfg CVARS
//Ice Man
iceman2_level 0
iceman2_timer 0.1 //How often (seconds) to run the loop
iceman2_maxspeed 425 //Max Speed
iceman2_armorfuel 1 //Uses armor as fuel
iceman2_fuelcost 4 //How much armor does it cost per firing
iceman2_armor 100 //How much armor does ironman start with?
*OFFTOPIC!*Can you learn me making a hero*OFFTOPIC!* Oke i didnt try it becus i know i cant. I cant install any fukcing hero and they are so cool. So i just ask in the offtopic sentence. CAN YOU LEARN IT ME? [email protected]. Add me and learn me

HermanB
11-20-2004, 11:33
meh ive used this hero its alright its baiscly the same thing as flying with superman cept it uses up your AP
sucking hero.... Can you help ME create a hero? I cant create one becuz i dont know how HAHA! plz help me....

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-20-2004, 13:10
STOP SPAMMING DUMBASS
i hope you get banned

ArtofDrowning07
11-20-2004, 14:00
personally i think this hero is really cool, great work

LUNCHBOX!!!
11-20-2004, 15:10
Well do you mean hermanB??
That guy is my hero :lol:
Offtopic

Kojiro
11-20-2004, 16:43
...Herman, read the tutorials.

Sorry to bring this more off topic.

GunBladeR
04-16-2005, 14:30
Hmmm i thought this hero worked with 0.9.9..

Sorry for my english..

Mishappp
05-15-2008, 17:57
//How much armor does ironman start with?

I know this is a super old topic and all but at the bottom it says how much armor does ironman use and i know people were talking about ripping etc i just thought id point this out.

Evilboy
08-01-2009, 11:03
I didn't really want to dig up a dead thread, but IceMan doesn't work for me, maybe it's because I have the newest sh version, I dont know.
I can see the iceman command while in the server, but I don't see him on the hero list.

vittu
08-01-2009, 13:43
I didn't really want to dig up a dead thread, but IceMan doesn't work for me, maybe it's because I have the newest sh version, I dont know.
I can see the iceman command while in the server, but I don't see him on the hero list.enable amxmod_compat.amxx in your plugins.ini

; Enable to use AMX Mod plugins
;amxmod_compat.amxx ; AMX Mod backwards compatibility layer

Evilboy
08-05-2009, 15:07
By enable you mean remove the ; ?
Well I tried that(still didn't work), but well look what I find strange-
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/TheOneEvilboy/super-3.jpg

Also I found out if I replace the superheromodnvault.amxx (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Main/Desktop/sh/addons/amxmodx/plugins/superheromodnvault.amxx) file with an older version same file I can use/choose ice man , but no other hero is on the list
P.S maybe someone can redo the hero so it works also on the newer verions, just a thougt.
(file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Main/Desktop/sh/addons/amxmodx/plugins/superheromodnvault.amxx)

10-28-2012, 11:07
L 10/28/2012 - 14:47:25: [AMXX] Run time error 11 (plugin "sh_icemanv2.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 10/28/2012 - 14:47:25: [AMXX] To enable debug mode, add "debug" after the plugin name in plugins.ini (without quotes).
L 10/28/2012 - 14:47:25: [AMXX] Run time error 11 (plugin "sh_icemanv2.amxx") - debug not enabled!

i get these in error log, any ideas?

if it helps heres the error (i believe)

actually nevermind, heres the line that gives error

aimvec[0]=user_origin[0]+(unitsinfront*distance2[0])/sqrt(distance2[0]*distance2[0]+distance2[1]*distance2[1])

[AMXX] Run time error 11: divide