PDA

View Full Version : My Very First Hero Test, just read the thread please.

Kojiro
11-08-2004, 01:42
Alright, since I'm having a wicked hard time setting up the vault... (It just DOESN'T WANT TO WORK) I've decided to try and get one of you folks to test this thing out for me, and record the outcome. I'm pretty sure this DOESN'T belong in the Supheros forum, (right now, at least) since I have no idea if this will even work or not. So, here.

Human Torch Version 2.0
+ Has a passive immolation that deals damage to enemy units nearby, and makes a little fire graphic on them.
(at least, thats what it's supposed to do).
- I set the hero for level 5, shouldn't have for testing purposes, but ohh well.
+ I've included the .amxx file, as well as the .sma file.

Please oh please, test it out, I need to see if I'm figuring out how to do this or not.

This was (basically) made based off of daredevil, with a little bit of hulk and kamikaze mixed in, but I havn't seen a hero that does this so far, so heh. Give it a try, post feedback, flame me, etc... whatever. Peace.

Prowler
11-08-2004, 04:22
actually this idea was suggested by Chivas as a replacement human torch, i was planning on fiddling around with making something like this myself :) i dont use amxx, but i'll be happy to look over your code :)

Hmmm, Its intresting, but im not quite sure what you are trying to do here :P from what i can gather anyone within the Daredevil syle ring you create will get damaged yes?

jtp10181
11-08-2004, 06:41
haviong trouble setting up the vault...???? You don't need to do anything to setup the vault.ini file. AMX does..... but.... ooooook....

Kojiro
11-08-2004, 18:52
Jeeze, every idea I think of has already been thought up or done, I swear. Anyway, I just based it off daredevil since it was a passive task that keeps looping and doesn't require a keydown. I just made it so that it gets anyone within 600 range of you, and checks if they are alive, and also if they are on your team or not, then it deals damage to them, this happens every second, and hopefully will play the iron man rocket pack on the enemy.

And Jtp, I didn't say the vault.ini was working, I was meaning that the vault wouldn't work, though everything in the modules.ini, and the plugins.ini is fine... its wierd, but I think I might have a solution.

So, could someone try this please? Anyone who has amxx, I'm sorry, I don't know how to convert it to amx and the lesser versions, but please someone test.

Thanks for the feedback.

FLASHBANGER14
11-08-2004, 19:33
Try this it will help :)

Kojiro
11-08-2004, 21:42
Well, I just tried my hero... it kinda... doesn't work, well, at least the effects don't show, the damage SHOULD work fine though, but I can't really tell since I'm not standing next to an enemy long enough to find out. Uhm, could someone take a look at my code and see if there is anything that needs fixing?

Prowler
11-09-2004, 00:30
Was playing around with making this hero last night (from scratch) I got everything working except the flame effects look kinda weak, or they block the players vision all the time, so im either going to have to do a msg_one and it messages everyone but they player themselves that they are on fire, but this most likely will cause unncessisary lag as a MSG_PAS or MSG_PVS would be far more efficient i think...

So good luck with that :) If you want i wont release my version so you can get yours up on the hero page, i'll also be willing to help with any problems you get, For the moment i need to re-make all the graphics anyway...

Chivas2973
11-09-2004, 10:07
there is also the command amx_fire which sets someone on fire, dunno if it helps you with idea, but when I do it in console at home and I can't see in the game, it is funny cause people start saying wtf, I am on fire, wtf is goin on

Prowler
11-09-2004, 11:43
yeah i used the amx_fire for starters, if it didnt work before when i turned it into a hero it worked fine... cept that the graphics were ugly :P

Chivas2973
11-09-2004, 13:35
yea, well I thought it might help but you are right about the graphix

are they contained in a sprite, maybe you could use the graphix in the plugin that I posted in human torch and link it with the amx_fire
dunno, just an idea

Prowler
11-09-2004, 14:07
yeah i've been playing with that, i found a really cool graphic called TE_FIREFIELD of course i cant find any Sprites that can use it :( (they all show up with black backgrounds) so far i have found one that looks resonably good, but its white, so unless the flame is err... "white hot" it doesnt look at all right. basically it doenst look like fire, it looks like steam (which is what the sprites supposed to look like) but thats the closest thing i can find

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-09-2004, 14:49
yeah i've been playing with that, i found a really cool graphic called TE_FIREFIELD of course i cant find any Sprites that can use it :( (they all show up with black backgrounds) so far i have found one that looks resonably good, but its white, so unless the flame is err... "white hot" it doesnt look at all right. basically it doenst look like fire, it looks like steam (which is what the sprites supposed to look like) but thats the closest thing i can find

if you can give me a good example and a description of what you want the sprite to look like i can make it for you

Prowler
11-09-2004, 15:53
IF you could make Steam1.spr RED or Orange or something flame like that would be ideal

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-09-2004, 18:32
of course man...anything for you :wink:
lmao jk
but here it is:

Kojiro
11-09-2004, 18:51
Okey... well, I'm glad you made it yourself, but did you happen to find out whats wrong with my code? Lol. I was planning on completely redoing this on my own now that I've figured out how to work the language more or less.